Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talker. All right, we are here with the one and only, two times two time Cy Young Award winner and the man that will be back on the mound in Game five here at Dodger Stadium for the World Series Championship. That's the one and only Blake Snell aka snell Zilla, aka great Guy, aka my guest.
Speaker 2: Before Game three of the World Series. Thank you for the.
Speaker 3: Time appreciated day.
Speaker 1: Hey, I woke up this morning really excited about coming to the ballpark.
Speaker 2: I know that's the sense around the team.
Speaker 1: How excited is everybody for the World Series to be back here?
Speaker 4: No, we're fired up, you know, we're just we're excited to be home and see this place packed out, ready to go and you know, chase the World Series. This is what we've all been waiting for, fans, players, So this got on.
Speaker 1: It feels like your offense is starting to wake up. It feels like your hitters are ready to really put up a cricket no today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, they should be good, especially that top those top three them Hall of famers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're looking forward to that. We'll see, we'll see what we can do.
Speaker 4: But man, teams locked in, We're all fired up, are ready to go, and we're just excited to be home.
Speaker 3: Man, this place is amazing.
Speaker 1: You guys evened up the series in Toronto after another great performance from Yamamoto. What makes him so special? And why is he your favorite teammate?
Speaker 3: Hey, man, you're gonna put it on the spot like that.
Speaker 2: You told me he's your favorite teammate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love him. He I mean, he's just for twenty seven. He's just so locked in on his routine, his prep, adjusting in the game, learning, watching.
Speaker 3: He's just so he's just so good at his job.
Speaker 4: And for that to be twenty seven and doing that, it's so impressive. And No, and then just him as a person. In the conversations we have as friends, it's just always so much fun. And yeah, I've just you know, we've grown a really strong bond and you know, I'm so lucky to have him as a teammate.
Speaker 3: And a friend.
Speaker 1: We see him during the game, write notes in his little notebook. You have your snow Zilla binder. Is there any similarities to just how you guys in the middle of games are looking back at notes and the preparation in the middle of the game.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it's just all of us like learning.
Speaker 4: You know, we all want to be the best in the world, and we're all competing against each other, and that's his thing that he's doing and I'm doing my thing, and we're watching each other. We're learning, and we're just trying to be the best pictures we can be. And we have such a good starting staff, and we all compete against each other and with each other, and man, it's just fun to be a part of. You know, we're all chasing being the best, you know, the best picture.
Speaker 3: In the world.
Speaker 1: After Game one, you said you learned something. You'll have that opportunity in game five to applay it. How excited are you to have another opportunity in this World Series?
Speaker 3: I can't wait. Yeah I was.
Speaker 4: I was probably the happiest that we want a game two.
Speaker 3: But no, I can't wait.
Speaker 4: You know, I learned a lot and I gotta go out there and prove it myself, Like, hey, I know what I need to do and I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 3: And no, I can't wait.
Speaker 4: I mean, especially to it's at home in the World Series with our crowd and you know, I know, I know what we can do and we handle business.
Speaker 3: This should be a great day.
Speaker 1: It's exciting right that you had a chance to pitch in the World Series, but now you get a second chance and also here at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 2: How do you control that excitement?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I don't know, would be the day off?
Speaker 4: You just you roll with it, You learn and you feel the energy you feel you know what today is or what that day will bring, and you just go from there. But I know, I'm excited and I'm already like just I can't wait for my start, but I can't wait to watch.
Speaker 3: Glass and Show as well. I mean, we're ready to play this what was gonna wait for all year?
Speaker 1: When we see you walk into the ballpark for your start. So you obviously got a lot of swag and you have your headphones on.
Speaker 2: Can you tell us what you're listening to?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean lately a lot of NBA Young Boy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a lot of that Kodak Black right now it changes, but right.
Speaker 3: Now that's what I'm listening to.
Speaker 1: So are their phases. When you're walking in, you're listening to the Kodeac. But once you get into the clubhouse. Do you switch the vibe up as you get closer to first pitch?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it could change, you know, you never know. Right now, that's that's kind of where I'm at. And that could change the country, it could change the Latin I mean sometimes reggae, I mean it kind of jumps all over the place. But right now, that's kind of where I'm at mentally, And yeah, I'm gonna stay right in that lane. And unless it, you know, I'm like, I want to listen to something else.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for Game three, but I can't wait for Game five. Snail Zilla Day at Dodger Stadium, World Series Stage. Thanks a lot for the time, and next time we talk, you might be feeling a little bit different.
Speaker 4: I hope, so, Dave, that's the plan, So we'll see what we can do. But I like the way. I like the way we're playing right now.
Speaker 3: Love it.
Speaker 2: He has that look in his eye.
Speaker 3: Be ready.
Speaker 1: Game five at Dodgers Stadium on Wednesday. The Dodgers will take care of business the next two