Speaker 1: The Dave Ryant Show kad w B.
Speaker 2: It is Friday, Friday, Get Friday.
Speaker 1: What a great song.
Speaker 2: That's a great song. She's stolen her thing. I think she does stuff. I'm not really sure. So I'm in Colorado and I'm usually such a hermit when I come out here. I've got sisters that live here, and sometimes I see them and take them to lunch, and sometimes I don't. And I've got friends that live here and sometimes I see him and sometimes I don't. This time, I dedicated myself to seeing three different people. One is my best friend who was my best best man in my wedding. I'm gonna go have a beer with him tomorrow. Later today I'm gonna meet the old promotions director from our old radio station in Phoenix and have lunch with her. And then last night there was a woman that I used to not date but be friends with. We've never like were romantic at all, but I saw her on Facebook and she was always so funny and she had the same kind of like raunchy sense of humor and whatever. So I said, let's go have dinner. And it's been I mean literally over forty years since I had seen her. Wow, Wow, over forty years, so much life happens, so much a life happened, and it was like you just never know what anybody. So it wasn't the first thing we talked about. Well we talked for two and a half hours and it was just great. And we were both I can think a little nervous at first, like are we going to be able to pick up after forty years? And it took a little while. Yeah, but yeah it. You know, it's like, so where do you start. So you start off by showing pictures of your kids and that type of thing, and then it came up that she she doesn't have she's adopted son and three grandkids, and she's like, yeah, I can never have kids, she said. You know, I went in because we were trying to have a baby back in my twenties, my husband and I and I was not able to get pregnant. So they thought, oh, your fallopian tubes are blocked. So they looked and they were blocked with like giant cancerous lymphatic something or up her and so she had lymphatic cancer and I didn't like get the exact name of it, but she almost died and she had stage four something and they sent her, they did all the surgery, and they sent her to Omaha to live in a clean room for ninety days. I guess there's a clean room in Omaha where it's like you're isolated from everything. You're like the you know, like you're like the boy in the bubble, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so, and she's fine now. And I didn't say, well, do you have any lingering health issue? I didn't do you know, you didn't.
Speaker 3: Ask that question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought.
Speaker 2: About it, you know, I'm nosy, but but but it was just it was just interesting because you never know what happens with your friends when you lose touch with them. Yeah, are they thriving? And she's doing great, and she's a pharmacist and she does wonderfully and and it was just really interesting to catch up. So I encourage you to find that friend and maybe been oh, go have a cocktail with them. It was so it was such an It was such a great release of things from the past to talk about remember the time, Remember the time we did this, Remember the time we did this.
Speaker 1: So it was just a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: I love a like I remember the time kind of dinner because sometimes like you have friends that that's all you talk about, is like, hey, remember when we were in college, you know, And honestly, I feel like there's so much value in those relationships still, because like, I don't want to forget my life and what it was and all there is.
Speaker 2: There's a saying that I love that I heard twenty or twenty five years ago, and remember this if you get anything out of this story at all. It's so important to know people who remember you when you were young. Yeah, And again I love that it's so important to know people and stay in touch with people who remember you when you were young. And I think that siblings, parents, If you're still lucky enough to have your parents around, your friends from high school who remember the crazy young sneak out of your house fifteen year old that you were, it's important if you're fifteen or twenty or twenty five, Yeah, it's important to have people in your life who remember you when you were young.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I feel like that about my sister because obviously we shared like our entire lives together, but we also are sharing our lives together now, so like we have so much in common on so many different like levels.
Speaker 3: And then also like Katie Cap her brain steal trap.
Speaker 5: Shout out Katie Cap, I could, you know, forget my entire life and then ask Katie Cap to like recount it to me, like the notebook, and she could. I she's such a like good at that kind of stuff. So, yeah, I wish I had more of those people. Be like, hey, remind me what I was like when I was in high school because I can't remember.
Speaker 6: Well, you're saying a lot I did probably do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah that sounds right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny because my friend Mike, I'm having beers with him tomorrow. He remembers me as hating high school. He's like, you hated high school? And I'm like did I Like, oh, yeah, I hate it, And I'm like, I don't remember it that way.
Speaker 7: I feel like you've talked about that on the radio, just like you didn't like school. You were like kind of the kid that joked around and you know, made the teacher's life a little hell.
Speaker 2: That was elementary. That was elementary, junior high day. My job was to make people laugh in high school. I don't remember. I don't remember whether anyway, Let's move on, so remember stay in touch with those people who knew you when you were young. Coming up on Katie WB we've got no phone screen or Friday we had an hour commercial free coming up quick game of bandle. We're gonna pull out the bandal app. Bailey found this and she told us about it last week and it's actually really cool. It will play as part of a song, one instrument at a time until you recognize the pop song.
Speaker 1: We're ready when you.
Speaker 7: Are, Okay, we'll do it real quick. Bailey, just pulling up the app right now.
Speaker 2: I'm sure bandal I think you just searched bandal do app is okay?
Speaker 5: Thing, so you hit like little daily bandle Okay, ready, yep, okay, these are the drums.
Speaker 7: First clue, last time, so we kind of do the genre or the era.
Speaker 3: I can give you the clue here is twenty fifteen.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, YouTube views two point four billion. Oh but it says difficulty hard. Oh okay, okay, all right, so that was the drums. So now it's going to add the bass, no helps.
Speaker 1: A little bit more.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, remember this is not the actual recording of the hit song. It's a recreation on somebody's synth.
Speaker 7: Okay, nobody, nobody has yeah. All right, though, if you are starting to get it.
Speaker 3: Now we've got we're adding the synth and sound.
Speaker 1: Effect to it.
Speaker 6: Okay, this should be a ton.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait it's coming. Okay, something else, all right.
Speaker 5: So then this one is going to add saxophone and strings. So this is where it's par so, it's par four. So most people are getting in on this one. Okay, but we'll see if we do. Okay, saxophone and strings.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 5: I know, yeah, Dave, you got it?
Speaker 1: I know it, but I don't have the time.
Speaker 7: Here's another clue, Dave. They've performed at jingle Ball.
Speaker 5: Here, I'll give you the next one day. Okay, this one has voice cover and backing vocals. Dave, see if you can get it.
Speaker 2: Okay, nothing, Dave, no, no title nothing.
Speaker 7: Do you want me to play the actual song?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 7: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: Gave it to me, was it?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 7: Do you know who it is?
Speaker 4: Dave?
Speaker 1: I do, but I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you gave me you said title an artist and put a gun to my head, I'd be like, I got that city child.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: That's a fifth harmony worth it? And so they basically like popular radio songs. They really only had that one and then work from Home. Yea, work from Home was way bigger than worth it. I loved but those kind of they're only two radio hits. But yeah, I think we us three got it were I got that one clue that was in my class?
Speaker 1: How did you do?
Speaker 2: All right, we'll be back commercial free for one hour, including no phone screen or Friday. Think about what you want to say when you're on the radio. We'll be back after this.
Speaker 1: It's Vonn, I'm a Dave Ryan show.
Speaker 6: I'm Kdwby.
Speaker 1: Let's get started, one hour commercial free.
Speaker 2: Vaughan had an experience at the gym that he was sharing with us off the air and said, yeah, we should talk about this on the radio, because there's certain gym etiquette that you just you know, like when I go to the gym and I go to snap, I know I'm lifting the heavy heavyweights. Of course, I'm doing the dead lifts. I'm doing deadlifts, and people will actually gather around and watch. They'll be like, he can't lift it. But I don't grunt. I don't. I don't.
Speaker 7: Sometimes you have to, though, like sometimes you do have to if you're lifting really really heavy, missed opportunity.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 2: I also don't drop heavyweights when I'm you know, pressing fifty pounds, you know, like incline presses fifty pound weights in each hand. When I'm done, I don't thunk them onto the floor.
Speaker 11: I still don't think you doing any of those things would be as annoying as what I experienced.
Speaker 1: Tell me what happened. So I'm at the gym.
Speaker 11: This was maybe a day or two ago, and I'm the treadmills. I'm on a treadmill, and treadmills are maybe an arms length apart from each other.
Speaker 1: We all know that if you've been to the gym.
Speaker 11: So the girl that's directly next to me, she has on like big headphones, so maybe she can't hear herself, but she's on the phone, but she is talking ever so loudly, like you would think that she thought she was the only one in the gym.
Speaker 1: And we're all, like, all the treadmills.
Speaker 11: Are taken up, so there's a bunch of us all pretty much aren't shoulders length from each other, and she's going so loud. I'm gonna play some of the audio, and you've recorded her. I recorded myself, is what I recall, and what she's saying doesn't matter. But you can just hear how loud she's talking. Like the fact that you can hear the fact that you can hear the treadmill of the guy next to me but still make out what she's saying is just so you on the.
Speaker 1: No, I don't run that fast, I don't know.
Speaker 11: But the fact that you can hear that as loud but still hear what she's saying. She's talking about her boyfriend breaking up with her. And I almost said something to her, because be quiet. You're not the only one at the gym, and I mean, you clearly know that, but I just thought it's practical, like regular gym etiquette.
Speaker 1: To everybody quiet. Everybody knows that.
Speaker 2: It's like everybody knows, put your cart back when you're done over it about Lundson Byerley, put it, put it back. Everybody knows you don't smoke in a restaurant. But I wonder. I wonder if she thought, well, I got my headphones on, so this is a private conversation. But she forgot that she has to yell to be heard.
Speaker 6: And I gave her a little bit of a benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 11: Maybe the headphones were like noise canceling, so she couldn't hear how loud she was, but how loud.
Speaker 7: She was, you know that, Like you're most likely if you're singing to your headphones are talking, you are very loud because you can't hear yourself, you know that. So that is a And also she's just like throwing her business out there ever loud.
Speaker 11: Jenny the girl that her boyfriend broke up with her. Then he came over and they were trying to talk it out and all this job. So I uploaded on my instagram at vant league first of all, follow you boy too. You can hear the full I mean, you can't hear what she's saying all of it, but it's on my Instagram, And I'm like, should I have said something? Because I coincidentally was the one day I forgot my AirPod, so I just was listening to what was around and I was annoyed.
Speaker 6: Be quiet girl.
Speaker 5: Yeah, wow, I would have responded to whatever it was she was talking about.
Speaker 2: He did what I wouldn't have said. I would have done one hundred and ten percent what you did. Vant not said a word, but brought it onto the radio show to complain about it. That is one of the great things we have on this radio show is like we've had an outlet. If we got somebody cut in front of us in traffic, we're not gonna like flip them off then maybe, but we're gonna definitely come in the next day and talk about it. Most people don't have that outlet, But I want your one hundred and ten percent right that everybody should have the courtesy in a gym to not have a convert I mean, not any kind of a conversation, right, but people, we'll do it all the time. I mean, you know, you're in line to fly somewhere and you're standing at the you know, the ticket whatever reward, and there'll be somebody loudly talking on FaceTime mm hm, and everybody knows you shouldn't do it. But maybe she just thought, I don't know, maybe she did think that's the thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wasn't.
Speaker 7: Actually someone on the phone who kind of disagrees with everything you're saying right now definitely disagrees with Vaught right now. Emily, are you there, Yes, Emily, what did you want to say about this?
Speaker 10: I so I just have to call in because this is ridiculous. Vaunt, It's okay, It's part of life. I mean, I don't I don't care if you talk on your phone. You shouldn't care if I talk on my phone. Like, it's just it's unrealistic to think that people aren't going to have conversations. You know, you go to the gym, nobody talks to each other anyway, so you're just gonna like work out in silence.
Speaker 6: Like, yeah, yeah, that's I think.
Speaker 1: I think that's more par for the course.
Speaker 10: If you're at restaurant, are you telling people around you not to talk, Like that's so unrealistic. You probably have your AirPods. Then at the gym, the TV is blaring, there's a million sounds going on, but you can't hear someone like have a conversation.
Speaker 12: That's crazy.
Speaker 11: At a restaurant, I think it's at a restaurant, it's definitely much different because you're sitting at a table with a group of people, right, So not only is there expected conversation, but it's easy for me to tune people.
Speaker 1: Around me out.
Speaker 6: At the gym, Like I said, we're not even arm's length away from each other.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess like at a restaurant, you're there too topic.
Speaker 7: Oh well, he did say you might have missed Assemily when you were calling in. He did say he forgot his air pods this time, so he actually wasn't able to have his own music. So you just had a listener.
Speaker 10: That's on you.
Speaker 11: But now there's a bunch of text messages to five three, nine to one. I was at the gym if you just tuned in. I was at the gym and the girl next to me on the treadmills talking at the top of her lungs about her boyfriend breaking.
Speaker 4: Up with her.
Speaker 6: He's fled out, just ignoring me.
Speaker 11: Man, somebody texted said, people so rude they have no waiting or I don't know what that means, or at restaurant etiquette they have to have whole loud conversations. It's just I don't want to hear that at the gym, whether I have air pods or not, because not everybody that goes to the gym has air pods or headphones.
Speaker 7: Dave, what do you think about what Emily just say.
Speaker 2: I'm perplexed by what Emily said. It's like, Okay, I think there's certain places like in church. You know, you don't talk out loud in church. You don't take a FaceTime call in church. At the gym, I think it's one of those places, Emily, where Yeah, I mean, sure you could, there's nobody there to enforce it, but.
Speaker 1: It's just rude.
Speaker 2: But I mean, do you think that, I mean, on an airplane, do you think it's rude that somebody behind me is talking on their speakerphone on the airplane while we're waiting at the gate?
Speaker 10: Emily, Okay, it's maybe it's different on a plane, but in the gym. The gym is the loudest place I can like possibly think of. So if you can't handle, you know, noises in there, I mean, that's just like you don't get to dictate what noises are allowed to go off in the gym.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: She does have a point. A lot of gyms are they're blaring TV. They got ESPN on, they're usually blaring music. You got your air pods in anyway, Vaughan, So, but you can forgot your AirPod.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't forget so, Emily, if I was next to you, let's we're over at Snap Fitness and I get on the treadmill next to you, and I take a FaceTime call and I'm talking to Susan about like, you know.
Speaker 1: How's the new house? Blah blah blah. You have no problem with that.
Speaker 10: I have no problem because if they're not doing it, then then they're probably going to do it in their car when I'm driving, And I feel like that's worse.
Speaker 2: So, Emily, was it were you next to vant on the right, but you just break up with your boy?
Speaker 1: Was that you? Emily be honest with me? I mean, here's another text.
Speaker 11: It said it'd be different if she was speaking at a normal volume, but she's clearly yelling yeah. I get you're in your conversation, but not every me or the people that might have headphones don't want to hear that. And I'm gonna read some more text messages because there's people calling me out. Says you're the one who talks on speakerphone. What's the problem. Yes, At one point I said that I when I'm in the grocery store, I occasionally have the phone on speaker. But I think that's also different because I can walk away from you in a grocery store, you can walk away from.
Speaker 7: Your conversation and their conversation. At least this woman had her headphones then, where the conversation was going into her ears and you only had to hear her.
Speaker 11: But what if I'm walking down the aisle and you just hear it ever so quickly. You know what I'm saying, this girl the gym, we're all clearly running for What if we both just got to the gym.
Speaker 6: Now I got to hear this entire convo.
Speaker 7: She said, great excuse for me to not have to work out today.
Speaker 6: Betty's on the phone, she says, she has for me.
Speaker 7: All right, hang on, let's get Betty. Hi, Betty, Betty, you didn't Sorry, my bad.
Speaker 3: I pulled to Dave.
Speaker 7: My Betty.
Speaker 4: Just said what I was gonna say, like nobody kind of wants to hear her conversation.
Speaker 13: She should have kept it at like a minimum.
Speaker 11: Volume, or wait till you get back upstairs, or like to wherever you're at, like home or the grocery store, or like in the sauna at the gym. Can you take I guess you can't take your phone?
Speaker 7: Oh I take my phone in there, but you shouldn't because that thing overheats in seconds.
Speaker 6: So anywhere else.
Speaker 3: I've never heard.
Speaker 7: I've heard conversations between people that are in the sauna together, but never on their phone.
Speaker 5: You would just think, like, couldn't this conversation have waited, you know, like one hour?
Speaker 7: Nah, that's the time she has the tea, she's getting her workout in, and she's calling her girlfriend.
Speaker 3: I mean that's true, that's true.
Speaker 14: Hmmm.
Speaker 5: This text has vont said. But it's different because I'm doing it. No.
Speaker 11: At there's just some etiquette when you're out in certain public spaces. Am I wrong for doing it when I'm walking in a grocery store shore? But like I said, at least I'm walking quickly through a nile.
Speaker 1: I think that's somebody who is. So it reminds me.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the video of the two women who got kicked off out of an airplane? They were kind of like beautiful young women and they got kicked off an airplane for doing something like really obnoxious. And as they were walking by with you know, the cops were leading them to the you know, the police station or whatever in the airport, they were doing the splits. Did you guys see this video?
Speaker 7: No, I'm I the only one that saw this video, No, look it up.
Speaker 2: It's a video of women who got their beautiful young probably twenty five point thirty and there they look like influencers. They got kicked off a flight number one on the way to airport jail. They were doing the splits and showing off, and I'm like, here are two women who are so unaware of their effect on other people. And I think that's the key here is sometimes people are unaware of their effect on other people. Yeah, like this woman was unaware of her effect on vont just trying to chill at the gym and get his miles in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, clueless people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it happens a lot, but I think the norm, thank God, knock on wood is still to be curt and realize whether you're pissing other people off. And now, all right, thanks for all the calls and text on that when we appreciate it. And if you've got a story, we would love to hear it. Send us a text or call us at six five one nine nine KWB quick Dave's dirt and then write into no phone screen or Friday.
Speaker 1: Let's get started.
Speaker 2: It's a Dave Ryan show one on one point three KD WB There is a concert that Ryan Seacrest's mother said, you are not going to this concert, young man. You are going to stay home. You are not.
Speaker 1: What is the concert that Ryan Seacrest's mama said no to.
Speaker 5: My favorite musician in the world is bon Jovi.
Speaker 7: Whenever he is on the radio, Mom is saying as loud as she can possibly sing him.
Speaker 15: That was the concert I wanted to go to as a kid.
Speaker 1: My mom wouldn't let me. So the next day a friend of mine went and brought me the concert t shirt. So I pretended like I went. I didn't go, yep, And it was a great moment.
Speaker 7: Ryan Waite, was your mother that strict?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean the first concert she let me go to his Richard Mars, which was great.
Speaker 7: March six is going to be a very very big day because Harry Styles has a new album coming out Sugar So yesterday he revealed the title of his comeback album. It's called Kiss All the Time Disco, so all of that in one title, and it's coming out on March six. The album artwork features Harry ducking beneath a disco ball suspended from the night sky. We're so waiting for the track list, but there's supposed to be twelve songs, and Harry stocked the web store with Kiss All the Time themed merch like vinyls, cassettes, t shirts, all that stuff, but the site briefly crashed under the demand of everyone wanting their stuff. And man, I don't follow Harry styles. I think maybe I do, but I knew there was an album coming out because everyone and their mom was sharing it on their Instagram stories yesterday as soon as he announced that.
Speaker 3: So that'll be fun. That dude is too beautiful. Too beautiful is for his own good.
Speaker 5: Speaking of till beautiful well, Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner, they have both had very long acting careers, but Ben Affleck says he doesn't want their kids to take the same path. They have three kids together, a twenty year old, seventeen year old, and a thirteen year old, and he says, we really just want to give them room to figure out what they want to do, and I hope they don't waste their life acting.
Speaker 7: Wow, I know that's eprising just having them both be Dave. Would you have wanted Carson to ever get into radio if he was like into stuff like that?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 2: Sure, Yeah, I wouldn't have discouraged it. I mean, Chase got into TV broadcasting and I was very proud of that.
Speaker 5: So yeah, my mom would have loved it if I did the same thing she did.
Speaker 3: She tried to get me too, and I was like, it's not gonna happen. What did you do marketing and event planning?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Okay, I hope everything's okay with Nick Jonas. Fans noticed that he left the Golden Globes early the other day, and the reason, according to a gossip guru, is that he suffered a panic attack. And I don't know how true this is, but I can't find any other information anywhere else. He bolted after he had to catch his breath after seeing three of his exes at the Golden Globes, Miley cyrus Selena Gomez they sat together, and then Kate Hudson, who was just a fling.
Speaker 6: But I guess it got to him.
Speaker 11: And a source said that Nick sought professional help and his anxiety had escalated. These attacks are happening more frequently. It's frightening even for him. I mean that's part of being a celebrity, though, right, and you're dating a bunch of people in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, how rough is your life when you look around? Name the people that he dated again.
Speaker 11: Uh, Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus and then Kate Hudson was a full rough life.
Speaker 1: Nick. I'm so sad, and you're married to Priyanka Chopra got the front door, Nick, And.
Speaker 7: It's your sake to disagree. I feel like if you run into an exit does cause like a lot of anxiety.
Speaker 11: You know how long ago they dated though, it was like twenty years ago when they were all Disney.
Speaker 7: I mean I get that. I guess at this point he should maybe be like able to handle a little better, especially since he was there with his wife Prianca. Yeah, and she's like, I'm not trying to run into axes. That's like how I feel if it ended badly. I'm still friends with people I dated, but like, if it ended badly, I don't want to be in the same room as up.
Speaker 2: Yikes, poor nig Jonas All right. Avatar's box office run is about to end twenty eight years later. The Bone Temple is predicted to earn twenty million or more for the MLK holiday weekend. Avatar Fire and Ice is trending toward a few million dollars less than The Bone Temple and the Golden Globe winner for Drama Hamnet.
Speaker 7: I've not heard of it, only heard of it because of the Golden Globe. That's exactly right. Yeah, it's apparently supposed to be amazing, okay, and.
Speaker 2: That is going to go to about five hundred theaters. The crime thriller dead Man's Wire is going to be about a thousand screens, and both films will not be among the weekend's top five according to box office Revenue. I think it's one of those weird times of the year. It's not the holiday season, it's not summer, so there's no real blockbusters coming out this weekend at the box office.
Speaker 7: So a Ready user claim to discover a printed copy of quote rules for care Cary Underwood when she performed at a venue. But this was before American Idol and she also had not turned twenty one, So these were the rules that said she can't go to the bar or dance on the floor. She's only allowed to drink coke or water. No alcohol allowed at the table she's sitting at. No drinks are to be on stage when she's performing, and an adult should be with her at all times. So the redd user claimed that this piece of paper was in an abandoned building that once housed the North Forty Club, which was the venue in Arkansas. So apparently there was pretty strict rules for Carrie Underwood to perform, which, like, I don't know. I guess that's kind of good because I feel like when you are famous enough, their kind rules don't really pertain to you, Like they probably would serve you a drink if you were nineteen years old, if you want to.
Speaker 5: Because Carrie Underwood, yeah, yeah, Actually, Tisdale is back in the dirt. She's being encouraged to expand her toxic mom group into a full blown book, what like a real life burn book with pages for all of the Met girls, Hillary Duff, Meghan Trainer, and Mandy Moore. Hollywood movie producers have approached her for the movie rights to this story, saying there's lots of interest, it's relatable to everyone.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, wow, that is the dirt on KTBDB right into no Phone Screener Friday. We do this every Friday on KATWDB. Let's get you on the radio, welcoming first time callers. We get a lot of our regulars. We love the regulars, but we always want to hear like new callers, a little new blood. Fresh meat, as we like to call it, fresh meat Friday, Fresh Meat Friday.
Speaker 3: That's a new one.
Speaker 2: Write that down, Jenny, fresh Meat Friday on no phone screener Friday. So if you're new at this, we'd love to hear from you six' five to one nine eight NINE. Kdbdb but if you've been calling, before we'd love to hear from you, Too fresh Meat. Friday here are the rules on no phone Screener. Friday number, One we don't screen the phone. Calls we just answer the phone, call so let it ring until it gets. Answered that could be five or six minutes or more until we pick up the. Phone once we pick up the, phone you are live ON katbdb and you get to talk about anything you. Want with a couple of. Exceptions we're not doing anything. Political we're not doing anything that plugs your kids event this. Weekend speaking to, kids you do have to be at least sixteen years old to be on No phone screen Or. Friday we don't do shout outs like it at your your Cousin veronica's. Birthday that's. Great we do shout outs another time during the, show AND i think have a plan is always a good idea. Too and if you violate any of those, rules you will hear this sound.
Speaker 1: And you will be.
Speaker 2: Disconnected No Phone Screener, Friday Fresh Meat, Friday, Jenny here we.
Speaker 1: Go you got the. Buttons go.
Speaker 7: Ahead, hello you're the first caller On No Phone Screener. Friday what's your?
Speaker 3: Name?
Speaker 7: Hey my name Is. Yahya what's going on to?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 13: HEY i just wanted to call.
Speaker 10: And kind of call being.
Speaker 13: Reported he just had heart trans plans were At fairview In, november and then he said some complications And i'm just on my way to see. Him BUT i know that you don't shout, out SO i apologize for.
Speaker 1: That BUT.
Speaker 13: I just wanted to see if you guys could give.
Speaker 3: Them some good.
Speaker 13: Vibes and they had another. Surgery, yeah that G i bleak on top of.
Speaker 7: It so and who did you? Say this?
Speaker 4: Was?
Speaker 3: Again you kind of cut.
Speaker 16: Out that's, okay it's my.
Speaker 5: Dad, okay we will allow it this, time, Right, dave, we'reah good.
Speaker 3: Vibes good you do to?
Speaker 17: You?
Speaker 1: You good luck? Dad what's what's dad's?
Speaker 4: Name Claw Claude claud L A.
Speaker 2: Claus, okay good Luck, claus good, vibes thank, you thank, you.
Speaker 7: Have a good. Weekend, okay up, Next, hello you're on no phone Screening. Friday what's your?
Speaker 3: Name?
Speaker 7: Laura, laura what's?
Speaker 12: UP i want to tell you a tattoo story about my brother.
Speaker 6: And, okay here for.
Speaker 12: It, so years ago he married a woman Named, margaret and he Had margaret tattooed on his. Shoulder, well a few years later they got divorced and he married a lady Named. Kelly so then he Got margaret removed And kelly put on his. Shoulder, Okay, well one day he was riding in the car With kelly's, sister And kelly's sister, said you shouldn't belong With, kelly you should be along with. Me so he Divorced kelly and got married To kelly's, sister and her name Is. Margaret, No kelly removed And margaret put back.
Speaker 1: On what and who is?
Speaker 6: This we're talking about your brother in?
Speaker 7: Law brother in, law brother in? Law what do you feel about your brother in? Law are you a big? Fan do you think he makes good life?
Speaker 12: Decisions, yeah he does not make good life. Decisions and he's kind of the black sheep of the family and we haven't talked to him in a couple of.
Speaker 1: Years sits, together you know WHAT i?
Speaker 2: Mean just like dumb, decisions tattoos of like, yeah, okay but great.
Speaker 1: Story, wow that's. Story that's What i'm.
Speaker 2: Talking about on no phone screen Or? Friday what else have we got on the?
Speaker 1: Phone? Here six, five, one nine eight NINE. Kdwb, hello you're in the next one?
Speaker 7: Up what's your?
Speaker 3: Name Hi?
Speaker 13: Katie, Hi Happy.
Speaker 4: Friday.
Speaker 17: Woo you guys were talking about donuts the other, day AND i want to. Know i'm a very particular donut. Person what are your guys' favorite? Donuts?
Speaker 3: Oh, easy let me take this one, first.
Speaker 5: EVERYBODY i like a yeast raised, donut not a cake. DONUT i like yeast raised with chocolate frosting and multi colored.
Speaker 3: Sprinkles that is my donut. Order thank.
Speaker 2: You, NOW i appreciate That bailey am next to you on the on the, Page but just one one tab over WHEN i say don't can it be like in A claire like a Long john kind of a. Thing, yeah, Okay i'm gonna go with the maple. Kind it is a Long john yeast raised maple kind with cream filling with maple frosting on.
Speaker 7: Top, OH i hate cream filleds, donuts but good for. You, okay mine is VERY i feel Like wisconsin. Is BUT i swing over to holiday AND i get those blueberry glazed donuts that are so cheap but never disappoint the consistency on. Them they always taste the. SAME i love.
Speaker 1: Them i'm.
Speaker 11: Basic i'll either do just a good glazed donut From Krispy kreme or the or from A cub, too OR i just do with vanilla frosted with sprinkles on.
Speaker 1: It what about?
Speaker 7: You So i'm with.
Speaker 17: Like the Classic cub donut chocolate with, sprinkles But i'm gonna throw another wrench. IN i want it to be the circle. ONE i don't want the long.
Speaker 18: One, yeah chocolate.
Speaker 5: SPRINKLE i like either or baby sometimes the Long. JOHN'S i get those just to be quirky and different.
Speaker 7: And because it looks like no just, kidding.
Speaker 3: Sorry never mind.
Speaker 7: Moving thank you so much for a great question.
Speaker 3: Today thank.
Speaker 7: You don't get a donut now at?
Speaker 3: Cub, okay, yeah deserve? One?
Speaker 18: YEAH i need a don know right next?
Speaker 1: One no phone screen Your? Friday, hello you're.
Speaker 7: Up next what's your?
Speaker 16: Name?
Speaker 3: Amanda, Hi, amanda what's?
Speaker 4: Hi so we're going through a lot of work drama at my job right, now which is really unfortunate giving it the beginning of the. Year SO i just wanted to, ask what's some work drama you guys have gone. Through it doesn't have to be, current BUT i just want to feel like we're not the only one going through.
Speaker 1: It Plain favorites definitely.
Speaker 2: Playing i've seen people play favorites and it's, Like, okay the boss And i'm not talking about anybody, currently they will choose this person and they're, awful, awful awful drug fueled behavior over your, story which is the. Truth and, YES i went through that years. Ago somebody had a bad drug problem and the boss sided with. Them, Wow and years later the person who did the drugs is clean now and they were so. Apologetic they're, Like i'm so sorry about the hell THAT i. Play you threw plain, favorites that's, Mine.
Speaker 7: OKAY i have a little more lighthearted funny. One WHEN i worked in the service, industry SOMEONE i, know a customer left behind a pen that if you clicked a, button the cap was a male body part and it would spring, off and so one time that person shot it into another server's mouth as a little joki, joke and another server who is all like my pearls clutching, home she went and told on that, person and then the person who shot the pen off had to like apologize to the other person who fully was part of, it and it became a whole.
Speaker 1: Thing oh, god you know.
Speaker 2: What, okay we can expand on, that BUT i will Let bailey Go.
Speaker 1: Bailey oh.
Speaker 5: Man, honestly we just had one guy at one of my jobs have a crush on one of the girls that worked, there and he would leave her flowers in her like little like locker that we had because we all had a little, locker and then she complained about. It he got talked, to and then he just moved on to the next single.
Speaker 3: Girl that we worked with and started putting flowers in her.
Speaker 5: Lockers so he had to get a very significant talking, to, like, dude stop.
Speaker 6: It stop.
Speaker 7: It they don't want your.
Speaker 3: Flowers we don't want.
Speaker 11: You and my first and longest job was at A. Rita's they had won An egan And Apple. Valley it's an ice cream, shop and just one of my co, workers they were like fourteen years. Old they had friends that were just not great, people and they'd come in like right before we, close order like a bunch of, things and it'd be this is very, lighthearted order a bunch of, things like as we're trying to, close and if you work in the service, industry it's, like, Bruh i'm not trying to turn the milkshake machine back on if we close in ten.
Speaker 6: Minutes, No i'm not doing.
Speaker 3: That i'm not turning the milkshake machine back.
Speaker 1: On they clean.
Speaker 6: It, yeah and then they just try to get so many things for. Free it was just very.
Speaker 7: Annoying great, QUESTION i help this help you feel better about your workplace.
Speaker 1: Drama, yeah you're not the only.
Speaker 3: One all, right up.
Speaker 7: Next, hello you're on no phone Screener. Friday tell us your Name.
Speaker 6: Caitlyn what's?
Speaker 1: Popping?
Speaker 14: Yeah SO i just wanted to start off by, saying first and, Foremost i'm really amazed at the community right now and how everybody's come together with everything that's going, on and if people want to help and they don't know. How my in laws two, Restaurants taco And madre And Al pilis are feeding. Families so if you guys want to help support those restaurants by going and eating there or take ordering to go or ordering door. Dash they have already fed one hundred families and they want to feed hundreds. More so if you guys want to, help that's the way to do.
Speaker 11: IT i was gonna go get tacos With bailey later today and she canceled on.
Speaker 6: Me so.
Speaker 3: TIRED i want to take a, Name thank, you thank?
Speaker 7: You all right up, next and though you're on no phone Screener, friday what's your?
Speaker 3: Name?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 11: Elissa, Hey alyssa's Popping?
Speaker 3: HI i have a.
Speaker 18: Question have you? Guys, OKAY i guess my question, is have you guys ever won on pole? Tabs and if, so, like what's your biggest?
Speaker 5: Amount, Oh i've never once played poll tabs or bought a lottery.
Speaker 2: Ticket we played at the. Bar we rode the motorcycle lot to, LIKE i don't, know somewhere out Toward hutchinson a few years.
Speaker 1: Ago we never played pole.
Speaker 2: TABS i used to live In Las, vegas AND i know that when you gamble, overtime you, lose but it's fun to do once in a. While so we're, like that's buy one hundred dollars worth of poll. Tabs we won two. Dollars we won two dollars out of one hundred. Dollars we could not believe. IT i don't play poll, tabs So i've never had a big win WHEN i, Oh i'll take that. Back WHEN i the very first TIME i played poll, tabs it was, ILLEGAL i was about fifteen years old at The Black Forest Community center AND i won twenty five.
Speaker 1: DOLLARS i couldn't believe.
Speaker 7: It so that was my biggest that's but then could you claim it because you were? UNDERAGE i don't.
Speaker 2: REMEMBER i think, yea, yeah, wow it was a different time back. Then here you, go, KID i have a shot of.
Speaker 7: Whiskey i'm also not a poll tabs. Person, however my niece and, nephew who are five and, six know how to, play and they ask mom and dad for money to get pull tabs anytime we're out of, place because that is A wisconsin thing for. Sure but it's not for me BECAUSE i don't like to gamble my. Money, OKAY i want to keep my money.
Speaker 18: Good, YEAH i know we've put like YOU i, said, like we put like one hundred dollars and then we've like won like two. Dollars people actually went up these or what sometimes they.
Speaker 7: Do IT'S i, mean, honestly it's a brilliant thing to have at a bar because you start getting drunk and you're, like, oh let's go try to win some poll Tak, dave doesn't the poll tab money always like go towards something good in the community at.
Speaker 2: Hockey, yeah every every single, time youth hockey. Exactly so the big supporter of youth. Hockey, yeah all, right next, one let's.
Speaker 7: Go, hello you're on no phone s Gonna. Friday what's your?
Speaker 3: Name? Kristin, Hey, Kristin, hey what's?
Speaker 9: UP i just wanted to Say i've been listening to you guys, forever but this past YEAR i was able to go To salon And Colt's Big adventure And. Boubash we were The sanderson sisters that were.
Speaker 5: There oh, yeah, yeah, YEAH.
Speaker 9: I got to meet all you, guys and it just brings us to a whole new level when we actually get to meet you in, person and you are just as wonderful in person as you are in the.
Speaker 5: Radio even days much wow, Wow, yeah which one did you like the?
Speaker 3: Most do like rank? Us thank?
Speaker 7: You we'll rank Which sanderson's sister had the best costume you?
Speaker 3: Ran which one you like the? Best?
Speaker 9: OH i love you guys all so, Much thank you.
Speaker 1: So, much love you for listening all these. Years we appreciate.
Speaker 7: You All, Right, hello you're on no phone Screener. Friday tell us your? Name, Hello, hello he love you have my?
Speaker 1: Kids?
Speaker 7: Hello what's your? Name you're on no phone Screener.
Speaker 19: Friday, Hey, so.
Speaker 1: What up you?
Speaker 19: GUYS i just wanted to tell quick story about what happened WHEN i moved. Back, so me and my girlfriend used to live In San. Diego we moved back here To, minnesota moved into my mother's place until we could find a. Place we come back home our first week back from our buddies cabin's. House and then WHEN i get back to my mother's, house my one of my best friends from high school is actually living in my mother's room hooking up with my.
Speaker 1: Mother oh, wow what a.
Speaker 19: Shock what it was one of the hardest times of my entire. Life i'm actually TWENTY i just turned twenty.
Speaker 7: Six oh my, Gosh i'm gonna. Guess oh keep.
Speaker 16: Going, Yeah so there's.
Speaker 19: Been so many. ISSUES i just found out that my buddy was arrested for domestic assault last.
Speaker 7: Week oh, Man i'm so. Sorry i'm assuming you are no longer friends with this. Person oh oh.
Speaker 19: Heck, no, okay and everyone in my high school clique have completely shut.
Speaker 2: Person well CAN i CAN i stop for a second and? Say how do you feel about your mom's position on this?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 19: Well, Honestly, DAVE i ESSENTIALLY i was told IF i can't accept, it THEN i have to leave the. House what? Happening?
Speaker 7: Man and So i'm, gonna, oh go, Ahead.
Speaker 2: Dave but how do you feel about? What didn't your mom kind of betray you a little? BIT i, mean you, know, yeah your, friend that's kind of a. Betrayal how do you feel about what your mom? Did not about what your mom, said but how do you feel about what your mom's part in?
Speaker 1: This was completely?
Speaker 19: Torn absolutely completely? Torn it completely tore my entire family.
Speaker 1: Apart.
Speaker 19: Wow don't we don't have Family, Christmases thanksgivings any of?
Speaker 6: That oh that's.
Speaker 3: Bonkers and So i'm. Sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Wow AND i must, say when you move back From San diego to be close to, family, yeah, friends and then this, Happens.
Speaker 19: Yeah, wow back To San diego because another one of our best friends in high school WHO i lived with out. There he ended up passing. Away oh jeez at twenty four years.
Speaker 1: Old so, yeah En zo, MAN i feel for you you.
Speaker 3: Guys, NO i mean it's a juicy. One, yeah we're sorry for.
Speaker 7: You, yeah and everything we're going.
Speaker 2: THROUGH i think THE i think one thing, is you, know we hear a story like, this you're you're kind of Like christmas. Wish what DO i mean by? That when you hear A Christmas wish? Story, go you, say, Man i'm really. Blessed and when you hear a story Like enzos, story you, Know i'm sure you have some wonderful things that do happen in your, life but you hear a story like, that it's, Like, man my mother's. Great my mom's, great she's not, perfect but my friends are, great and you kind of, go, Wow i'm really GLAD i don't have to deal with something like. That Enzo, Man i'm pulling for. You we're on your. Side, yeah and you take care of my. Friend, OKAY i appreciate you. Guys Every, Friday, friday all, right that'll wrap it up for no phone screen Or. Friday this is what happens when you don't screen the phone, calls and you get people live on the. AIR i think we should do it every. WEEK i think we should do no phone screener seven, o'clock so every day at seven, o'clock every day at seven, o'clock you should.
Speaker 1: Try, it you know. What i'm being a little bit. Serious write it, Down.
Speaker 2: Jenny maybe next week we do no phone screeners seven o'clock and every day at seven o'clock we open up the phones for maybe just five. Minutes write it. DOWN i love doing new. Stuff, yeah and speaking of new stuff or of the.
Speaker 1: Roses, yeah how does that?
Speaker 2: Work oh my? God all, right thank you for all the. Calls we appreciate you for. Listening let's get To. Reddit jenny has been poking around on red it all. Morning let's see what's.
Speaker 7: In your, mind do you because we got the pros and cons people, on do you want me to make them hold for a little bit still or do you want to just jump into that BECAUSE i was going to have them, go, oh let's do.
Speaker 1: Them that's. Fine on, hold they got stuff to. Do, yeah, okay, guys.
Speaker 7: We'll get into that. Though oh, well so many, things so many, things my. Bad, okay all.
Speaker 1: Right it's not as easy pushing those buttons as you, think is it.
Speaker 7: Not it's, not especially when you have an arm that barely. Functions right, Now so all, Right, dave we've Got paul on the, phone and we also HAVE tj And. Dave do you remember what our pros and cons we?
Speaker 2: Do we were Doing we do pros and cons Every friday at about this. Time we did pro and. Con Taylor swift pro and, Con Real, Tree Fake, tree pro and. Con Dave ryan pro and. Con this and. That this one is pro and. Con watching movie at home versus watching a movie at the movie. Theater so It's paul VERSUS. Tj and one has one, position one has. Together let's start off With. Paul we'll go alphabetically.
Speaker 1: Here. Paul good, Morning, paul how are, you? Sir good, Morning.
Speaker 8: Dave i'm doing.
Speaker 1: Great Good. Paul are you watching at home or are you at the?
Speaker 8: THEATER i am pro, theater pro?
Speaker 1: Theater all, right pro and. Con let's do pro. Theater, paul take it.
Speaker 15: Away, Okay So i'm pro, theater the theaters and experience that.
Speaker 8: Takes you out of your normal. Surroundings you don't get to be bothered by.
Speaker 15: A dog that needs to go, outside a cat walking in front of the, screen or your phone. Ringing the theater creates an opportunity for all of that tend to relax an injury experience. Together when the movies in the, theater most of yours.
Speaker 8: Haven't seen the movie, before so the, surprises last and jump scares have enjoyed by everyone for the first time. Together, however the main reason for being pro theater.
Speaker 15: Is the buttered popcorn.
Speaker 3: Food into.
Speaker 1: This.
Speaker 15: Yep i've, tried AND i cannot replicate the flavor of movie. Theater buttered popcorn in closing there offers left.
Speaker 8: Distractions it's a new movie for everybody who experience together.
Speaker 15: For the same time at the first, time and you get to laugh and be scared with strangers and all the while eating from a bucket of butter popcorn that's bigger than my.
Speaker 2: Head you know, what that is a beautiful, Assessment, paul AND i appreciate. THAT I i'll be honest with, You i'm On paul's, side but you didn't need to convince. ME i definitely prefer the theater. Experience, paul good. Job you can stay there and listen To TJ's side of pro and CON tj is taking watching movies at.
Speaker 1: Home good, MORNING.
Speaker 16: Tj how are we doing, Today Twin cities doing GOOD?
Speaker 1: J thanks for BEING onj pro And Con. Returner, actually was that? Right? YES i.
Speaker 16: DID i did The christmas tree up, early and Now i'm mad that people still have their trees.
Speaker 2: Up all, RIGHT, tj you're pro watching movies at. Home it's all you go Ahe and here.
Speaker 16: Is why this is coming from someone that used to oversee about nine theaters here in The Twin cities and they were very. Nice you can never get the seats one hundred percent. Clean if you have a sixteen year old that hates his life who's, texting you're chasing around the theater to get them to santitize the. Seats and with these new leather seats that fully reclining, eat you can't use certain cleaning products on. Them so you're sitting in a stealthy room that thirty people have sat in the seat before. You, yeah don't believe. Me look under your seats when you go and recline, them and you will be shocked what you see under.
Speaker 1: Them what's under? There, Tjy i've never Looked what DO i?
Speaker 16: See it unanswered, prayers bad, credit my.
Speaker 8: Cousin, no it's garbage.
Speaker 16: Food people purposely shove stuff under. There you'll find an old hot dog form nineteen sixty four down. There, yeah it's. Insane another one is you can watch it at. Home you can. Posit these movies are all three and a half hours. Long if you can hold your bladder that long after drinking a uga, soda more power to. You but at your, HOUSE i can go make a mixed. Drink and where our theaters did do? That they're not thirty.
Speaker 1: Dollars, yeah, yeah