Speaker 1: What is the place that everyone should visit at least once in their life? I just posted this on Facebook on Dave Ryan on Facebook Dave Ryan, Katie wedb. What's the place that everyone should visit at least once in their life? I would say the Grand Canyon. Probably the Grand Canyon because it's so majestic and it's beautiful and it's the Grand Canyon.
Speaker 2: Reason. Okay, Hawaii is a good one. Okay, good, I'll take Hawaii. Yeah. I thought Bailey would say this. I would say Disney World.
Speaker 3: I still haven't, but I feel like, you know, they say it's the most magical place.
Speaker 4: On Earth, right, That's what they say about it, that is, it's the happiest place, the most magical.
Speaker 2: It depends on which one you're at.
Speaker 4: So I hope I do that before I die. Oh yeah, that's true. But I have been to the Grand Canyon, have you. I was like twelve maybe when I went.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hiked across it when I was a boy scout. We went from the South Rim to the North Rim and back to the South Room. It took a week, and back then it was like you know, when you're fourteen years old, you got all the energy in the world.
Speaker 2: It was like, ooh, it was hard, couldn't do it now? Now neck?
Speaker 4: And we only went like down halfway and then turn around and come back up.
Speaker 2: That's what a lot of people do.
Speaker 1: They go, okay, yeah, oh right, it's a long way down there, and it's hot and dry.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My mom kept making fun of me because she's like, you're looking at your feet, like you should look out, And I was like, I could slip and fall and die.
Speaker 2: You could.
Speaker 4: So there's signs literally that say people die here.
Speaker 1: No, people die in the Grand Canyon all the time. Because I got a book called Death at the Grand Canyon or Death of the Canyon. Yeah, and there are so many instances of people at the Grand Canyon going around the little rails to go get a better picture or get a selfie, and they back up or slip and they die.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that you didn't say Mount Rushmore because didn't you go see Mount Rushmore for the first time this best year?
Speaker 1: Oh god, I've seen Mount Rushmore a million Oh it wasn't your first time, No, no, no, And in Mount Rushmore is majestic.
Speaker 2: A lot of people go to Mount Rushmore and go that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd be like, I'm not a historic person. I think Grand Canyon cause it's like a sight to see. It's something to be like Mount Rushmore is like.
Speaker 2: But then there are people who go to the Grand Canyon and go, Okay, that was it?
Speaker 4: All right? Cool?
Speaker 2: What about Niagara Falls?
Speaker 1: I liked it. It was very impressive. We went there about twenty nineteen when we took cars into college in Boston, and it was impressive.
Speaker 2: But a lot of people go, that's it. It's so funny.
Speaker 1: How like some people would be like Black Hills, like that's it, that's dumb. But New York City maybe New York City.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I would love to go to New York City. I feel like I would love it a lot, so much that I wouldn't want to leave.
Speaker 3: I tried to FaceTime you last time I went, and you didn't pick up. Sorry, buddy, Like just a Broadway show or just to see you don't even have to.
Speaker 2: Go see Statue of Liberty.
Speaker 3: That's another one of those like, oh that's it.
Speaker 4: But like definitely New York just period of Times Square. I also think Washington, d C. Go to Washington, d C. If you've never been. It is fascinating.
Speaker 2: I want to go back.
Speaker 1: I have been a couple of times, and both times I went, I was with the family who got bored at the Smithsonian, who got bored at the Museum of Air and Space Museum whatever.
Speaker 2: Like, can we We'll be in the cafeteria.
Speaker 1: Hurry up, Dad, I'm like, wow, but wait, there's Neil Armstrong's helmet.
Speaker 2: I want to see this.
Speaker 4: DC is fascinating.
Speaker 2: No, I think so too.
Speaker 1: But every time I've been, it's been like, Okay, we got two hours and then we're gonna catch our like get back to the hotel room or so. Yeah, all right. It is Friday. It's one on one point three KDWB. What else is going on? It's one degree outside right now. It's supposed to be up to about eighteen for a high tomorrow. I think maybe twenty five on Sunday. But it's supposed to snow on Sunday, which is good because it'll cover up all the dog poop in your background, true.
Speaker 2: Which is kind of nice.
Speaker 3: I just feel like every time the it gets somewhat warm, and it seems like the snow that's been on the ground since before Thanksgiving is starting to go away more snow comes down. I'm just like, geez, can we have one or the other, either snow or cold but both at the same time.
Speaker 2: I know, it's like it's winter by no winter.
Speaker 1: It is January thirtieth, thirtieth, so February starts on Sunday, and then February is kind of a short month, and the next thing you know, it's spring.
Speaker 2: Well not really.
Speaker 1: If you lived here, you realize the calendar may say spring on March twenty first, but winter can keep going long into April.
Speaker 4: In February, You're gonna kiss Susan in February.
Speaker 2: Why would I do that?
Speaker 4: Valentine's Day?
Speaker 2: What does that have to do with kissing Susan? Does it have to be Susan?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it should.
Speaker 1: There's a guy. There's a guy who met at the bus stop the other day. Yeah, well, I mean he's no, no, he's not.
Speaker 4: No, but he's will so he'll keep Dave warm.
Speaker 1: He's willing, all right. It is Friday. War of the Roses comes up in a second. What if you need anything from us, send me a text to k d WB one. We are here for you. Stay here for War of the Roses coming up next and find out whether this guy is cheating because he got something from his ex girlfriend and he won't throw it away.
Speaker 2: So what's going on there? We'll find out the text message that.
Speaker 1: Says hold up, hold up, hold up, hold up out here text messages at kt WDB one. We love to hear from you yesterday when your boss Rich reprimanded you for playing the Hamster Dance song on the radio again down love that song and the boss said it wasn't cool. Well, the kids on my school bus loved it and I had to turn the radio up.
Speaker 2: Lighting up Rich. It was one song. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: There's a bus driver that still plays KDWB on the school bus. I really didn't know that they installed radios on school buses anymore.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I don't think I ever heard a radio on a school But maybe it's because we were just busy being loud.
Speaker 2: I was one of the kids in the back.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's one of the reasons that I learned to love radio was listening on the school bus. And I listened to this guy named Jackson in the morning on KYSNH when I was in high school. And then I got to work at that station later and it was so cool, and the bus driver used to say, if you kids don't be quiet, I'm going to turn the radio dof because I'm not going to have you go you know, like, you know, talking over the radio, so we'd be quiet. So we can kind of quiet, yeah, a little bit. Anyway, I'm glad that. Let me know if you still listen to the radio on the school bus, that's very cool. Yeah, we got a solicit for the sing along song of the day. Ye, So here's your solicitation text us and let us know what song you want to sing along with. I will give you this. It's Phil Collins's birthday today, so we could do in the air tonight.
Speaker 2: It's an old song. That song's forty five.
Speaker 1: Years all right, you call again, Yeah, right exactly, But we'll see what happens. But let me know what song you want to sing along with this morning and we'll play that for you. Coming out on one point three KDWBU. One of the most common questions in a marriage or relationship is how often should we be doing the loving thing?
Speaker 2: Sure, here's what we know.
Speaker 1: If you watch certain kinds of movies and shows, or read books or articles, scenes like airboddies have a lot more naughty fun than you are. But are they really? In a new survey, one quarter of American couples say they do it one time a month or less. Another quarter says maybe two or three times a month. Another quarter of people say about four or five times. That's once a week, and then another quarter says eight or more times, so twice a week or more.
Speaker 5: Wow, Okay, wow, it's just a lot, and some exhausted, some like Dave, it's zero times per century.
Speaker 1: Per seventy one percent. So two out of three of us report being very satisfied with our love lives. Forty three percent are extremely satisfied, and only fourteen percent are unsatisfied. I think you can still have it like once a month and be satisfied with it, you know, yeah, it's like that's okay, you know.
Speaker 5: What I mean?
Speaker 4: Because what if it's like decent one time a month, right, instead of like bad?
Speaker 2: It's a leg right okay, okay, gotcha? Yeah? Good.
Speaker 1: The average couple, the average does about four times a month. And how long does it last? Okay, well, how long should it last?
Speaker 4: Fifteen seconds?
Speaker 1: The average time per month from start to end eighteen and a half minutes each time.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not mad at that. Does that include the warm up?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh of course, okay, okay, good, good, good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It always cracked me up because I think I wrote a song one time about Oh that was how the wet like the Rain song came about, because it was all that, you know, I was making fun of, like these young artists that are like.
Speaker 2: I want to make love to you all not long, and.
Speaker 1: It's like that sounds so tiring and painful and dry and just like no like thump a thump a thumpa. It's two thirty in the no hier asthma, I get it, pull on my halo, my pocket?
Speaker 4: What pocket?
Speaker 1: You don't have it right exactly? All night long? That sounds terrible. Not surprisingly, young people are more rabbit like gen Z do it about five times a month, Millennials five and a half times a month, Gen X three, and boomers at about two point one times a month.
Speaker 4: Five and a half times. What's the half? What's the point one?
Speaker 2: When one of you finishes in one dozen?
Speaker 4: What about the point one? Is that like you kiss and maybe wink at each other and then.
Speaker 1: That's okay, right, yeah, yeah, yeah. There's also a list of the life. Factors that people say get in the way of their love lives, top by fatigue, different desire levels, health issues like if you got you know, cop card, COPD, Yeah, that's yeah, works, dress, kids, household chores, and financial stress. I remember every time back when we were, like when Alison was a toddler, we'd be in the bedroom trying to get something going, and Allison would knock on the door, Yes, go away, Alison, go down watch TV. And she would stick her fingers under the bedroom door and wiggle them. Can you can't get anything going when there's a toddler sticking her fingers on the bedroom door?
Speaker 2: And what are you? What are you doing? All right? Do we have a sing? A long song of the day?
Speaker 3: Candidate got a couple of options, Bailey J if you also want to pick We Got a Faraway by Nickelback, Blank Space by Taylor Swift, Love Yourself by Justin Bieber, Forget You by se Lo, Complicated by avrol I.
Speaker 4: Want you back in sing here we go in sing anything?
Speaker 2: I would say, Selo, let's do Yes. I was worried you were going to say no to that one, but I love.
Speaker 4: That's a great one.
Speaker 1: Let's play that one now on the sing along song of the day.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the.
Speaker 1: Text messages on kd WUB, I got some more text messages about listening to KATWB on the school bus. This text says, I'm a bus driver in the South Metro. All my kids listening to KATWB in the mornings. They all love it. Here's nothing when I'm twenty nine now. But in middle school we had a bus driver who played KATWB and have us students come up front and do bus idle. So we would come up to the front and use his speaker walkie talkie microphone and sing whatever song you played, and then the next person would come up and everybody would vote on who was better. That is so bust idle bus. That sounds dangerous, but I love it. He was such a cool bus driver. His name was Glenn. In case he's got a family member listening, I love that you remember your bus driver.
Speaker 2: That is so cool.
Speaker 4: This Texas. My bus driver always played KATWB. I was not allowed to listen to it at my house, so I always looked forward to hearing it on my way to school.
Speaker 1: We were the dangerous radio station. Dangerous Yeah, Now let's do Dave's dirt on Katie WB.
Speaker 5: If gossiping was a career, they'd be making Bank Dave's dirt on KADWB.
Speaker 1: We're let's talk about Phil Collins. Phil Collins, legendary drummer singer from Genesis. Is its birthday today? How old is Phil Collins? I'm not really sure. I think he probably close to seventy five or eight two.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's got some serious health problems and he can't really walk or play anymore. But this is I believe part of his drumming population.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, no, so a heavy birthday, Phil Collins.
Speaker 4: I remember when the Gautier song someone that I used to know came out, I thought it was Phil Collins. I was like, why are they playing such an old song? Yeah, exactly. So. Timothy's shallow May apparently has been talking with Kylie Jenner about proposing marriage.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: The couple is dated for three years, which I always forget because honestly, it doesn't seem like they're together to me. They just seem weirdly ill matched. But retweet Yeah right, but tim O Tay shallow May says that he knows a good thing when he sees it because Kylie has picked up the tab on their dinner day and vacation because she's worth at least twenty times what Timothy has in the base. Come on, right, So she's kind of a sugar mama here. And this past month they traveled to Cabo San Lucas with her private jet. So anyway, now they might get married May shallow May getting up there though it was funny. Well, he'll never beat up because she's a billionaire.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know, But he's always we've been talking about. He's like the new Leonardo, the new Brad Pitt. So keep it up with that guy. Timothy Schallomy is on track, Leonardo.
Speaker 1: He's on track to be the new Brad Pit, the new Leonardo. But you know, there's still a long road to go. Yeah, you've only heard Timothy Schallamey's name for maybe what five ish years.
Speaker 2: Not for me personally, not even not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's got a long way to go until he establishes that cup. But I see what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a new developments in the whole Blake Lively Ryan Reynolds debacle. So there's a newly unsealed court exhibit revealed a voice memo from February twenty twenty three from Blake Lively to her star just About Done, and in the voice memos, she wonders if production could change the timeline, but stresses that it's okay if not.
Speaker 4: Selfishly, what I would love about that is that, you know, Ryan and I have also been really stressed about spending a month apart, and you know, are just so not None of it's your problem.
Speaker 3: So that's why I'm talking to you as a friend at this point more than anything. So it just goes to show that they had a little bit more I guess a relationship than she's letting on. It's just sad that such a good movie and I haven't seen it, but people said it's amazing, bogged down by this whole debacle.
Speaker 2: Oh what's the movie coming out this weekend about the plane crash?
Speaker 1: I want to see that. Oh, look it up, But it's it's basically the premises. There's an a whole male help send help, and an a whole male boss who abuses the woman that works for him, and then they get into a plane crash. Now they're stranded on an island in the middle of the ocean. He doesn't know how to survive, but she does so now she's like, bitch, I'm the boss now. Yeah, it's like a power dynamic. It looks really good and movies like that. It's called send Help, so I may go to the overpriced multiplayer tonight.
Speaker 2: Yes to go see it.
Speaker 4: And it does. I keep seeing like ads for that, like all over my Instagram, and it seems like something that you and VANT would like. Something out I would hate.
Speaker 1: Not your comb. That is the dirt on k DWB. We'll be back in a second. We have a question from somebody who wonders, I can't really tell you yet, but there's a debate they have going on at work. Half of the workplace says this. Half of the workplace says that, And it's a fun, stupid debate, and we will make we will milk it for everything it's worth. Coming up next on KDWB, a couple of other just a quick things. People are talking about listening to katib to be in this on the school bus or whatever. Yeah, this text says, I'm a van driver for the school. My kids listen on a ten passenger van. They listen to kt WB every morning and afternoon. He yeah, and they love the games.
Speaker 2: You guys play.
Speaker 1: They're always yelling out or singing out the answers so very cool.
Speaker 2: Love that. Thanks for listening.