Speaker 1: All right, it is Mojo in the Morning show. I uh will tell you this. I think that every boy goes through this. Maybe girls do it too, but I only had boys. But hear and Shannon tell this story this morning about Smith to us that she's going to tell you guys in a second. It reminds me so much of each one of my boys that went through a phase where they wanted to, uh to where what does he wants to work Colone alone?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: My gosh, eight years old? He wants or what is it? Who's colone?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So he's eight years old. He's in second grade and he is in the obsessed with Colone stage because he says it tracks all the ladies. So he had like he has a few. He's got a Zara Boys one, He's got the Abercrombie play Body for no X, I like Christmas Stocking, Birthday get Honestly, sometimes I go through his backpack and I go, where did he get this? Where did he get I don't ask a lot of questions.
Speaker 3: You've never bought him cologne.
Speaker 2: I've never bought him cologne. I think maybe uh, at the other house, he's got, you know, some some options. I don't recall I've ever bottom clone, but he did get Our old babysitter, Pam, bought him for Christmas a bottle of Aqua di Geo, which if you wear that, I don't want mean to offend you. It's just not a scent that I really like. And my eight year old covers himself from hedge to toe in Aqua Digeo. And yesterday he came home from school and he got it out of his backpack to probably spray more on himself after the sixteen sprays he probably did at school. You guys, he the bottle fell out of his hands and onto my laundry room floor and shattered. Oh no, do you know what my entire house smells like still today audio?
Speaker 3: Actually, it smells like a doorman at a cloth It is so bad.
Speaker 2: And I keep thinking, I feel so bad for these teachers that when the boys discover this phase, they're all going in and there's you know, twelve thirteen of them in a class, that all are wearing loads of clones.
Speaker 1: My uh, my boys would always just take my stuff and they and I would get pissed because all of a sudden mine would be gone and they would you know, they would spray it all over themselves, and literally they would bathe in the things. But I liked it better than them wearing AXE body spray because I felt like when I coached middle school basketball, axe was what you would smell. It was like ax smell like ass and I would walk in and it would smell like aerosol in the building.
Speaker 3: It was horrible. We used to.
Speaker 4: Pass around ax bro like now that I think about it, back in seventh or eighth grade, it was something cool about xbody. Yeah, that was like the introduction into smelling good. At least you just throw that thing around like a football. Everybody smelled the same.
Speaker 5: Now it was bathroom body works. The girl I had every cent and all the girls did or the pink and Victoria's secret ones, and we would spray it all the time, and of.
Speaker 1: The girls actually would put perfume onto you, because I always remembered that the boys were the ones that wanted to smell further girls and the girls would always I feel, the girls go.
Speaker 2: First, and then the girls discover they go through the bathroom body works space, and then the perfume.
Speaker 3: The boys usually go for it exactly.
Speaker 1: You know what is funny about the different smells. Is it smells different on a ten year old than it does smell on a twenty nine year old. Like this, there's something about the I don't know, they're skinnered. Maybe maybe well maybe it's there their smells. But I wonder if teachers like the perfumes over the kid that's the smelly kid, because yeah, like the boh.
Speaker 2: And he got in the car yesterday and he took the Abercrombie out of his bag and sprayed himself in my car and say, okay, all right, I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Teach you how to do this. This is body spray.
Speaker 2: You spray in front of you and you watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that will be a little better. How did it go? Did you listen? Who knows? Today? What do you teach April? What grade?
Speaker 6: First off? First time? Long time? Oh yeah, I've been waiting to say that, but I see fourth grade.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this is the age.
Speaker 6: And listen. They don't know how to wash themselves properly yet. So I smell Ambercrombie and sunk all day.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 6: Like I it bothers me because it's so strong. And after they come back from Jim it's the worst. And I hate with the passion. It should be banned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's funny that these kids they're they're spraying it, but they're not spraying enough of it to cover up the funk.
Speaker 6: Oh no, they need the odorant, but first they need to watch.
Speaker 1: You know, it's been nice for middle school, and it's getting get towards middle school.
Speaker 3: You know, your fourth grade right now. In a couple of years.
Speaker 1: When they get to middle school, they start getting into the body washes, which is good because the body washes became more popular for kids to like the old Spice or the Dove Men's or something like that. It makes them want to take showers. And then the other thing that makes them want to take showers is you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: You know, when you're a little boy, little class.
Speaker 6: For those that don't have like that home training, I keep a tub of the old Rent's personalized.
Speaker 3: That's more so selfish.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 3: You don't want to smell it. Miss April on the phone with us right now.
Speaker 6: You take it, however you want to.
Speaker 1: keV you been reading in classrooms? Any of these kids got body sprays or smell? No, I guess I've been lucky.
Speaker 3: Smell too much.
Speaker 4: I think maybe the younger kids aren't doing it. Got some fine principles, though these principals look a lot different than.
Speaker 3: Sarah's. On with us right now. Sarah, you're a teacher. What great are you?
Speaker 6: I teach second grade.
Speaker 3: And second grade kids are putting stuff on.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's Smith's grade. Second graders tell him, Shannon, they do not need cologne. They don't stink yet for the most part.
Speaker 3: But I will tell you this year has been awful with the cologne.
Speaker 6: I have just a whole group of boys that came wearing cologne.
Speaker 3: I would beg them please stop wearing coloone.
Speaker 6: It makes me sick.
Speaker 3: It gives me a.
Speaker 6: Headache, literally, it really does. I even got to the point where I asked the school nurse to write a letter to the parents. Most stopped wearing it.
Speaker 7: But I still have one who continually wears the cologne, and I feel.
Speaker 6: Bad because I tell him, you need to sit away from me. You can't be buying.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Oh my god, Sarah.
Speaker 1: I wonder if when you have parent teacher conferences, if you don't have to ask the parents who their kid is, you can just smell the dads and see what yes, yes, today.
Speaker 3: Yes, you must do.
Speaker 6: You know one time someone bought me flowers for the end of the year and they doust the flowers, fresh flowers in cologne.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I'm not kidding.
Speaker 6: I was like, as soon as they left, I had to throw them out because it was disgusting.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, thank you for the call, and thank you for what you do. I like it.
Speaker 1: The smelly kids are in the back of the class. I sat in the black of the class. God bless you did. Yeah, I have a new clone on this morning. I'm wearing a I'm wearing a cologne that my wife approves. Really, she hates my normal clone. And in the morning I will kiss her goodbye and she gets really upset at the smell of my colonne because.
Speaker 3: She does not like it different.
Speaker 1: I put a different colone on, and it's the one that she purchased for me with the writing on it because she got it at that blah blah blah place bla blah. Shannon told me it's not pronounced the way I say it. I used to say lay le bou, but it's not pronounced that. It's little bit of what's this? It says, put this on the Chelsea named it. Oh, she doesn't like the way that I smell. But Amanda, what's going on? How you doing?
Speaker 7: Hi good?
Speaker 6: How are you guys?
Speaker 1: Fantastic, Amanda, we're talking about the kids and their smells.
Speaker 7: Yes, I just thought it was very ironic because just this week, maybe on Monday, we got a message in our little app One of my daughters is in third grade, and her teacher sent on a message that the kids are no longer allowed to wear anything with any kind of scent, no hand sanitizer, no perfume, no cologne. Nobody's right, because they were going crazy with it and it was making her sick.
Speaker 3: Oh man, things.
Speaker 2: Then all the kids have these like touch lins yep, these the hand sanitizer, and there's like twenty different sets of that. So then that gets mixed in with the bio the aquad geo. You've got the handitizer.
Speaker 3: Did y'all used to rip them out of a magazine?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What's up? Steve, Hey, Mojo kid.
Speaker 6: You know, we went to school probably around the same time.
Speaker 3: Man, the ax sprays. We had the tag sprays. Man, Yeah, we had that. Our pe locker would be full of sprays.
Speaker 6: I mean that place was.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was airsoled out, you know, yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: But but I had this little glass bottle from Hollister called Jake.
Speaker 3: My girlfriend bought it for me, and I swear it.
Speaker 6: Was the best smelling stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is it funny you could smell a Hollister about five or six stores away, like, yep, my.
Speaker 3: Parents wouldn't walk past it and give him a headache.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy. Hold on, another teacher on with us right now? It's up Natalie, Miss Natalie, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning morning.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to comment that I teach eighth graders and they love their scented stuff, but I don't allow it in my classroom because I get really bad migraines.
Speaker 3: That's that's horrible.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine that if you get migraines, what it must smell like in your classroom.
Speaker 3: That's bad. Do you guys? Can you guys open your windows in your classroom?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we can help them. You canamping them a lot, especially the last couple of days it's been nice.
Speaker 1: Do you ever in the middle of winter when it's like really cold, have the windows open just because it smells so bad?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: No, they're not that bad.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank god, because I remember walking into one of my teachers classrooms and it would be maybe twenty degrees out and they windows would be open to be freezing. We don't have to wear our coats, but it was because some of us smelled it was bad. After gym class, Andre democratis what's up? What's happening?
Speaker 6: I wait to see you all Saturday.
Speaker 3: Oh perfect, We're gonna see you. Yes at Irish off Ionia.
Speaker 6: Yes sir, yes, sir VP, yes sir.
Speaker 1: Hopefully the hopefully the rain water goes drops down a little bit. Man, this is all the flooding that we have had happened last night. I think everything will be fine. But what's going on?
Speaker 6: You'll be all right. We're gonna have fun.
Speaker 7: Up.
Speaker 6: I got a look, I got a comment for standing about cologue. Yeah, so I got this cologe called l p R.
Speaker 3: It's a red. They got vocal colors, but I went with the red LPR.
Speaker 7: Called it's sporting for liquid Penny removed.
Speaker 6: When I tell you this will probably be the.
Speaker 7: Best one hundred dollars investment you will ever go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what Smith needs away.
Speaker 3: You're not allowed. Yeah, this is a great cologue. Bring her a bottle Saturday.
Speaker 1: I get picture by the way Smith listening to the radio, going I want that mom. Hold on a second. The lunch lady says it's not colognees that she's smelling.
Speaker 3: What is it, Kim?
Speaker 5: It is them coming to the line for broakfast smelling like cologne, and what their mothers and.
Speaker 6: Father were smoking in the car when they were coming to.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 3: Stop smoking in the car. So the kids are the kids smell like weed?
Speaker 6: Yeah, some of them do.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, rolling down the window does not hip. That's raising. No, it really doesn't.
Speaker 6: It really really doesn't. You guys have a great.
Speaker 1: Day, real quick, Kim. What's on the lunch menu today at school? What are we serving today today?
Speaker 5: Is Sloppy Joe's with mac and cheese, a whole fruit and salad, bar ice cream and all the good stuff.
Speaker 6: Today. They got it going on this morning.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, we're coming slop by Joe's, Slap Slap by Jove's.
Speaker 6: I love that cheese.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can't get no better than the school.
Speaker 1: It's funny when you're in school, you hate it because of the way it looks, but for some reason that sounds good.
Speaker 3: Like a sloppy Joe. Sounds really good right now.