Speaker 1: Check the fan out on YouTube.
Speaker 2: You could watch the power at your morning show program password exclusive interviews and more and close to the shows and personalities you love, powered by Quantum Fiber Internet.
Speaker 3: Thanks zach Our. Buddy, Yes, I onminsen send me this.
Speaker 4: Comedian Derek Stroop talking about exactly what we were talking about, calling your your crush list.
Speaker 5: This is pretty funny, Like, do you remember back in the day when you had a crush on somebody, you'd have to call the house and talk to a parent before you talk to your crush.
Speaker 1: I'd like to bring that back.
Speaker 5: None of this dodging, and we even in text. And you got a crush on Hannah, let's earn it, big dog. Do you remember how nervous and you would be for that phone call. I'd be in the kitchen by the phone, like, stay loose right here, Derek, stay loose. Our grandmother might answer. Be ready to pivot.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: I can still hear that phone call till this day. He'd answer the phone yellow and I'd go, is Hannah home? He'd go, yeah, buddy, she's running around here somewhere. He'd go, who am I speaking with?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 7: Go?
Speaker 5: This is Derek's true and he'd go, nice to meet you, Derek.
Speaker 1: I'm Jeff Turner.
Speaker 5: I'm Hannah's father, So why are we calling my daughter tonight? Y'all remember that these kids are not built for that direct to communication.
Speaker 1: Not these days.
Speaker 5: If that happened to one of y'all's kids, they'd hand you the phone, they go, Jeff wants to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Back in the day, we had.
Speaker 5: To stay in the saddle, figure it out. Sit don Jeff alone. You know, I'd go, well, I was gonna ask Hannah a question about math. And this was not Jeff's first rudio. He go, Derek, You're not gonna believe this, buddy, but I'm pretty good at math myself. Nowhere to run to, nowhere to hide. The only thing that would eventually save you would be a mother in the background that would go, Jeff in the dining room, you don't know when to quin Champ.
Speaker 1: It's not funny does.
Speaker 5: And then you got to hear a grown man get in trouble, which was cold.
Speaker 1: You know, that's brilliant. Good Derek Stroup s t r O up on Netflix. That's great.
Speaker 8: You were also risking the fact that there were two phones in the house. Oh, man, and somebody was not necessarily leaving that other phone hanging up that second when somebody else picked up.
Speaker 3: How far can a phone cord stretch around the corner, far away from everybody?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, man, But it was so much I know this is such an old man thing to say, but it was just so much better.
Speaker 1: It was so much better, man, so much better. It was so much better. It was It was better to be a kid. Then.
Speaker 3: I didn't have any of these pressures. I thought I did, but I didn't have any of these pressures.
Speaker 1: Again, we hit the sweet spot. I'm telling you, I know, man.
Speaker 7: We were born in like the exact fifteen to twenty arrange that everybody wants. Yes, we have all the amenities now with the internet, cell phones and stuff, and back then we just had our bikes.
Speaker 1: It was the best.
Speaker 7: Perfectly typed four point five billion years of earth, and we were born in the right window. Well done to what it was like for suss.
Speaker 3: You're gonna call me, I'm the dad.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, sir, who's this? This is Paul Lambert? How are you hold on that quasi modo? Looking again? Not to have him call?
Speaker 3: She can't come to the phone, did you want my daughter, my son. I'm always confused.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Do you know the Saint to dairy queen?
Speaker 1: Right? Who's your dad again? Jeff Lambert the lawyer? Yeah, impossible. You do you have the nod? The Derek qu ask you a question? Yes, sir?
Speaker 4: Could you take a picture of yourself holding that phone because it must look like a tiny little baby phone up against that giant head of yours.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, I can do that. The technology is here.
Speaker 2: Question.
Speaker 3: Can you call back when you get your teeth fixed in thirty years?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, I ken Sorry I bothered you with my presence. You gave me presents? No? Are you from Indiana? Do they vibrate? Sir? You got to earn fifteen You got to earn the right to talk to my daughter. Sir?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, I got another question for you. Yeah, won't you just quit?
Speaker 1: I've tried everything. Yeah, I've tried. Okay, is your mom there? Yes she is, got talked to her. Yeah, I'll go get her.
Speaker 7: You seem to be pretty passive, you know again you called her right?
Speaker 1: No, he called me. No, that's all right. See that was the problem.
Speaker 7: I right off the bat, I could tell Sauce was like on his heels and you were asking the questions.
Speaker 1: That's he didn't understand the premise.
Speaker 7: No, you're calling him to ask out his daughter.
Speaker 1: Saus did it right? He answered hello? Yeah?
Speaker 7: But then he just but then he was almost like waiting for more questions.
Speaker 3: Paul, you have women in your house.
Speaker 1: You have to ask, you have to ask for her.
Speaker 7: But instead you were just waiting for the dad to grill you with questions.
Speaker 1: No wonder you struck out all the time. And this is coming from me. Why were you getting calls from her? Hello? Hey? Hello again?
Speaker 3: Is this do you not know who you're calling?
Speaker 1: Start over? Start over? Kid again the ring again, start over. He doesn't get it.
Speaker 3: This is not Domino's Pizza for the last time.
Speaker 7: Math Martin Moist chew. Hello, No, Paula, you're calling him? How do you not understand how this works? Let him answer the phone?
Speaker 3: And this is comedy class.
Speaker 1: You're you're calling him.
Speaker 7: At like thirteen fourteen years old to ask out his daughter. Ask at least for his daughter to answer the phone.
Speaker 1: Okay, goo, okay, Hello, Hello sir, how are you? Who's this?
Speaker 9: This is Paul Lambert is Kelly home kiss my daughter?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, sir, No, she moved to Zimbabwe. Okay, smart place.
Speaker 3: She ain't never coming back here? No more? Okay, anybody else you want to talk to?
Speaker 1: Cats? You a question? Yes?
Speaker 3: How do you get that head through a shirt?
Speaker 1: Sir? How can you see me?
Speaker 7: Hell?
Speaker 10: That's a good question.
Speaker 4: Oh I listen. We've talked a lot about you. I got last year's yearbook. You're on one page all to yourself.
Speaker 7: Sir.
Speaker 1: It's very kind speaking to you. I have to go now. You don't speak English? Well do you?
Speaker 6: You don't?
Speaker 3: Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 1: Nice? Whoa? Yes, sir?
Speaker 3: Were you? Were you attacked by a tiger?
Speaker 1: No? Well this must be stretch marked?
Speaker 9: Are you googling mean things to say the fifteen years?
Speaker 7: Google didn't exist in nineteen ninety four?
Speaker 1: God, he just doesn't get the bit and scene. Are you googling bisks? No? He's not all right? Should we do a quick fan five? Ye, it's time for fan five on the Power Trip. That's rock you by this Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 7: That's right, I think Saint Paul Saints. All right, Here here's something we haven't talked about, and I mentioned a week or two ago. I just I couldn't get into this story. I'm like, I don't really care, and I still really don't. But there's some interesting things in this update that I did not quite see coming. Did you guys see that the NBA has found no evidence that Clippers owner Steve Baumer funneled money to Kawhi Leonard through sponsors of the team. But here's the catch, Here's here's the gray area. Okay, right, Martie, your hands up?
Speaker 10: Is that the ESPN article that you're reading that from?
Speaker 1: Yes? Why?
Speaker 11: Because there's an article that says that ESPN article is not true.
Speaker 7: Also that somebody maybe you've paid ESPN to cast a specific light.
Speaker 10: They are possible theories.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of theory.
Speaker 7: Again, this that's why this whole thing is a mess, because it's very strange. This is the ESPN dot com update, yep, And we can read it now with what you just said, knowing that this might be clouded. But even if this is the truth, look at the possible loopholes and gray areas and problems that all teams probably deal with. Here's the update, according to them, after an eleven month investigation with the NBA was trying to determine, of course, is did the Clippers say, all right, Kawhi, come to LA. We can't pay you more than the max, but we have all these sponsors from the team lined up and they're going to pay you a fortune on the side if you come here.
Speaker 1: That was the rumor, right, that was the allegation.
Speaker 7: They found no evidence that they that Steve Balmer funneled money directly through sponsors. What Steve Balmer's even admitted is that he introduced Kawhi Leonard to Aspiration, which.
Speaker 1: Is this company that's being accused of doing it.
Speaker 7: His argument is that every team introduces its players to major sponsors, that is super standard, sure, and that if they cut deals on the side, that has nothing to do with the Clippers, and it's completely out of their control. So he's saying, yeah, Aspiration has to get introduced to Kawhi. We facilitated that introduction. End of story. Everything that they did on the side has nothing to do with us. By the way, here's my favorite part of the story. Aspiration filed for bankruptcy in twenty twenty five. Balmer reportedly lost all sixty million that he invested with Aspiration, which to a multi, multi, multi billionaires of dropping the bucket, but still he lost his entire investment in Aspiration and the company co founder Joe Sandberg, pleaded guilty to wire fraud and defrauding investors of two hundred and forty eight million dollars just a couple of months ago. He was sentenced to fourteen years in federal prison. So the Clippers can say, we had nothing to do with this. This is a shady dude, a shady company. None of our business. If him, if he gave a bunch of money to Kawhi, look at his track record. He Kawhi signed a deal with a shady dude. That Ballmer's argument's going to be, we had nothing to do with this. This is a shady company. But to Marny's point, all of this just might be surfacy stuff, and maybe there's no way to know who said what to who and who said Wink wink, here's Joe. You're gonna want to talk to Joe. Wink wink. Joe's going to take care of you. Wink wink, Like, who knows. How do you prove that that did or did not happen?
Speaker 1: It's tough.
Speaker 7: How do you prove any team hasn't done that when you get a sponsorship deal after signing with a new team to circumvent the salary cab.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man.
Speaker 7: By the way, according to sources, the Raptors and Clippers are still confident that this trade is going to go through and that this investigation will find nothing.
Speaker 1: I forgot about again.
Speaker 7: This is the ESPN dot com story, but they are operating as if the trade is absolutely still.
Speaker 1: Going to happen. It's such a weird story.
Speaker 11: So that report came out from ESPN basically saying we're not really finding anything substantial, and then really shortly after that, who disputes it is the NBA. The NBA came out with a spokesperson and said that that article contained significant inaccuracy.
Speaker 1: Did it get specific on what parts were inaccurate?
Speaker 11: No, did not clarify which parts are inaccurate, but the quote was the results in this matter will be made clear once the investigation is concluded.
Speaker 10: And that's from the league.
Speaker 1: Wow, what a mess.
Speaker 11: It also says that the league the NBA declined to cooperate in the LA Clippers investigation. So I don't know if that means, like the LA Clippers independently, we're doing an investigation of this, and the league is doing an investigation.
Speaker 10: I'm not sure, but that is a big statement.
Speaker 11: If the NBA is coming out and saying this is inaccurate and it will be cleared up once everything is complete.
Speaker 8: Well we got to understand also on this situation, this is owner versus owner controversy. Right, Like on the way, you've got the Clippers who want to get away with something. On the other end, you've got all the other owners who can't get away with something. Right, So the NBA itself is divided as to how this is going. So that too shocking that ESPN is claiming, oh, the NA did this, Well, they're hearing it from some ownership, and you've got NBA saying absolutely not.
Speaker 1: They're hearing it from other ownership. Right.
Speaker 8: This is owners fighting each other over whether or not this rule is going to be enforced. The whole point of this rule is to put us all on an even playing field. And if some guys are going to go around it, well then you know, if you got four teams are interested in getting around it because they've got a trade lined up or whatever, there's twenty six teams that don't want to.
Speaker 7: The fascinating thing that we all knew before this problem and we'll continue to realize though, is how do you stop this if it is just a wink and a handshake. Because Kawhi Leonard's allowed to sign any endorsement deal with any company he wants. If that company happens to be a major sponsor or client of the Los Angeles Clippers, so be it. As long as they it's not facilitated by Steve Balmer. But if Balmer says, hey, company, sponsor, here's our basketball players. I'm thanks for sponsoring the team. I'm to introduce you. Here they are, and then that's well. It's one thing to have a make country point.
Speaker 8: It's another thing to have a major sponsor that you personally have invested fifty million dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh there is that too.
Speaker 8: That's a great point, right, I mean that's the problem. The problem isn't that, Oh we've got other sponsor. I mean, similar to way college sports used to do it back in the day before before we could just pay the athletes.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you've got the sponsor. They're going to take care of you. Don't worry about it, you know. Well, but this is this is not just that this is Oh.
Speaker 8: Also, I'm investing fifty million dollars into this company that does absolutely nothing, or I'll.
Speaker 11: Sign for less of a contract because I know the money is going to come from this.
Speaker 1: Company and I do nothing.
Speaker 7: And right, yeah, come on, all right headlines in a second more with Marnie Gellner and John Bonas.
Speaker 1: This is the Power Trip. Won't join the fan.
Speaker 2: From Soda get together, visit the cafe and both at Carousel Park, presented by Mesh, Besher and Spence, catch live shows, shop new kffan merch and get a free original chicken sandwich from Chick fil A every purchase while supplies last details of campaign dot com slash fair.
Speaker 1: We'll see you on August twenty seventh.
Speaker 3: Yes you will, say, yes you will.
Speaker 1: How you holding up there, Zach? All the states they're planning and such. He's not involved, is he?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't care? Oh you didn't care? Okay, right, good.
Speaker 10: Zach, Obe there would be putting on the miles.
Speaker 1: Is that right? Looking forward to setting up next week? Sounds like it. It'd be great'd be great.
Speaker 4: You guys are all I'm telling you. I know I'm old balls, but y'all are going to come around to my way of thinking.
Speaker 5: It ain't, but.
Speaker 1: It's the best. I cannot wait. Oh, look at the mouth trap. Let's go yes, Oh yeah, what show did you say?
Speaker 3: Kelsey was on this morning?
Speaker 1: Good Morning America Today show?
Speaker 7: I think so, I forget which one, but she was doing some big New York morning show.
Speaker 1: I was, she said, GMA, I don't know. I was guessing as well. Okay, she's everywhere.
Speaker 11: I dress dressed up today Because I heard you say Kelsey Cook on the show tomorrow, I thought she.
Speaker 10: Was going to be here.
Speaker 7: Okay, Marnie, like, look, how do we say this nicely? It ain't happening, I mean, ain't going to happen.
Speaker 3: Was for me, for me, don't give up.
Speaker 1: Don't give up. I mean the ruins it for me if you give up.
Speaker 11: Look, gals need best friends, okay, and I haven't checked with Kelsey.
Speaker 10: I know she has the best lover.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean about the way. I'm just.
Speaker 10: Checked for her and me. So that's great, we have that in common. I don't know if she has a best friend.
Speaker 11: So I'm just saying I'll leave that open on my end, and then she and I can talk when she's here.
Speaker 8: Okay, the choking chipmunks squirrel or something squirrel urban, but not as good.
Speaker 10: As she would be. Like, I'll step aside to.
Speaker 1: Choke the chipmunk. Wait till break time? Yeah, come on, man, I can also roll away, Cory, I can't remember.
Speaker 3: Do you like sour worms?
Speaker 1: Sure? Okay? Good?
Speaker 3: Can we do a taste tests?
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 4: I have a flavor of Trolley gummy worms. Okay, sour, but they are supposed to be flavored like something that should be really distinct.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna bring it over.
Speaker 4: Have you guys take one and try to identify what they are supposed to be flavored as.
Speaker 1: Are you ready? Yes?
Speaker 8: Excited?
Speaker 1: I like sugar. It's interesting.
Speaker 10: I always thought it was trolley.
Speaker 1: I don't know either, don't know it's one of the two.
Speaker 10: You never hear it said spelled on the package.
Speaker 1: I take. Okay, calm down, this isn't kindergarten.
Speaker 11: Well mine just hit the floor on the floor, so I'll take as how, I'd.
Speaker 1: Take a few more.
Speaker 10: Are they all the same color? They're all green?
Speaker 1: If you tried to corl us, okay, I mean.
Speaker 10: Not really, Solard.
Speaker 7: I have a couple of guesses. I think it could be one of two things. I think I gotta.
Speaker 3: Doybody look away from the camera. If you're looking at the camera, I'm going.
Speaker 4: To show the listeners exactly what this is, Zach, are you ready for this? I'm gonna show the camera. Don't nobody look.
Speaker 1: That's what they're supposed to taste like right there?
Speaker 3: Okay, have you guys guesses of what they're flavored?
Speaker 1: And they're all the same flavor colors, that's correct. I don't have it. I mean, here's my here's my hunch.
Speaker 7: It's my guess is it's branded right, and it definitely has a lemon lime kick. So my guess is like spritish, maybe mountain dew, but I feel like it's more sprite because it's the Lemon Lime factory. So maybe seven up. Okay, but my guess is spry though I'm gonna stick with sprite.
Speaker 1: Do you have anything saucy? Is it like a pink lemonade? Okay? That yeah, I got. It'd be weird to have a pink lemonade be a green worm though, Yeah? But I yeah, different colors red? Oh really? Yeah? Yeah? Maybe it was blue?
Speaker 3: Oh I wonder it was supposed to be the same flavor.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, I still feel like it was lemon lime, even though mine was green, which definitely threw off my guess, but I still think it was lemonish.
Speaker 1: Sure, lime, I'm sure those are good when you're just hang on.
Speaker 11: The lime really kicked at the end for me, So I'm going to go something more like like a key lime pie.
Speaker 1: Okay. The first thing that came to my mind was dragon fruit.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Wow, wow is that go?
Speaker 2: Honestly, I'm terrible at this, but uh, it was like a green apple type thing.
Speaker 4: Now, the reason I love doing this is because I think I love when I tell you what it is and you guys go, oh, yeah, that's it, because your mind lets you realize what that taste was.
Speaker 3: I think it's all about.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 4: What is the term that they use when you give somebody an idea and then they anyway, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: You guys want to know what the taste is.
Speaker 4: It's a big time brand and you guys all say you love it, you loved it a lot in high school hanging on.
Speaker 1: Then it's brand that we liked a lot in high school, loved it?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Mountain dew? Mountain dew? I danced around it. You were very close, Corey, very close.
Speaker 3: These are Mountain Dew flavored gummy worms from Totally. Do you guys taste it now that I've said them? Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna bring the bag back over, so chubs you can have.
Speaker 1: Mount Dew is one of the three that I named.
Speaker 7: But I also was that was my that my least likely guess because it was so overwhelmingly lime flavored, and Mountdew doesn't taste like lime, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: That should be something you have more? He handed me one. Can we try more things?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you guys want to try the cinnamon toast crunch?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, I'm super excited about this. Then you guys are gonna to stick your grabby hands and so we're cool. So I'm gonna bring over a box. I'm gonna open the box and it's it is cinnamonta'st crunch. But it's supposed to be flavored like something in particular, okay, and it's not gross.
Speaker 3: It should be delicious. Well we'll find out.
Speaker 1: Are you ready.
Speaker 10: Yes, it's cinnamon toast crunch like the cereal.
Speaker 1: That is correct.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and it is flavored like something else. Okay mm hmmm, duh.
Speaker 1: God, what do you call it? CTR? Yeah? Ctr? Yeah, he called cinnamon toast crunch CTRT. Got can he go last? Now? His hands are in there? Oh oh man, daddy just called me daddy. I think if I was your daddy in that way, the same way Chris. I do like that Hawk is he's leaning into just making Corey taste things. Yeah, but he knows this is my like window of availability. Oh, this would be fun because I've never I've never had cinnamon toast.
Speaker 3: Change your life.
Speaker 1: All right, he's coming back with the milk. I do not go this way. Well, good for you, hm hm hmm. Okay, all right, I have kind of a bonker's guess.
Speaker 10: I have a guess. M.
Speaker 1: Barnes, go ahead, hold on, I'm gonna show the listeners. Quicknt nobody look at the camera. Okay.
Speaker 7: I have a two parter as well. I feel like I have it narrowed it down to two. This one is pretty distinct. I'm gonna be shocked if I'm super far off because this is that was pretty distinct.
Speaker 3: I've shown the listeners. I would love to hear your guests.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 10: The initials are B L. Black liquorice.
Speaker 8: Oh interesting, that is not what I got at all, Johnny Bunes. It reminds me of Coca Cola flavored bottle caps, so I'm gonna go Coke flavored.
Speaker 1: Nailed it.
Speaker 7: See, I think it's either doctor pepper or Coke. Those are the two that I'm guessing for sure. It's it's something like that. It's got that kick to it.
Speaker 3: What do you think is it?
Speaker 1: This is a dumb guess, can't wait. Is it aacon? It's got like a bacon flavor to it. Are you having a stroke? Maybe it's brilliant?
Speaker 3: What about use echo?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was thinking pop as well, and doctor Pepper came to mind, So I'm gonna go with that.
Speaker 4: I want to say this, Zacho. You said you've never had cinamon toast crunch before.
Speaker 1: That's insane.
Speaker 4: You should and don't let this because I think what they've done to this has ruined it a little bit for me. There's an aftertaste.
Speaker 1: I do not like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the aftertaste does not exist with real cinnamon to crunch. The flavor, Ladies and gentlemen, is.
Speaker 1: Beer float? Okay?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Beer float? They tried down the road. What else you got over there. This one, of course. Not who's pitching tonight your dad? Of course?
Speaker 3: Okay, these are pop tarts.
Speaker 8: Oh yes, I do love that he managed to find all the foods that you will actually eat.
Speaker 7: Yeah, gummy worms, cinnamon toa's crunching. Pop tarts are three of the five reasons I'm still on.
Speaker 1: The Earth package. Three of the major food groups. Yeah, three of the best ones. Oh again, does the color give it away?
Speaker 7: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: What do I get the Why do you get the biggest piece? Nobody's falling for that? Mmm mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 10: I don't don't like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not good. No, I don't like that at all. No offense to pop tarts. That sucks. That's terrible. Okay, I am to show the listeners legitimately bad. Show the listeners not look. Do not look this way.
Speaker 10: If it is they are, I think I know what it is.
Speaker 1: That's gross.
Speaker 3: Okay, go give your guests please.
Speaker 1: Is it pumpkin pie.
Speaker 10: Gingerbread?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I came up with pumpkin two. I don't know.
Speaker 7: It's definitely something that is not in my palate normally, because that is that is not something I would eat.
Speaker 1: Again, that's gross.
Speaker 3: Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even know. It does have a spice to it. Don't like it.
Speaker 11: It's the less than pumpkin pie. It's the pumpkin spice.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this ain't This ain't gonna sell well, sorry, pop t Is it taco?
Speaker 1: If it is, I would have thrown it up. So you pent twos for the first time today? Are you guys ready?
Speaker 3: You freaking nailed it?
Speaker 1: Pumpkin pie tarts? They did not look.
Speaker 3: They did not look.
Speaker 1: And I love several half eaten pop tart pieces. I'm not going back. That's a one out of ten. I do have.
Speaker 4: Sunflower seeds that are flavored when you eat those. I didn't think you would. I will think you would, you will? Okay, cool everybody who wants all right, okay cool? I get last ones.
Speaker 1: I problem.
Speaker 11: We are entering the pumpkin season, and I would argue not everything needs.
Speaker 6: A pumpkin, just like everything needs to be spicy, exactly, exactly, And there is a difference between a pumpkin flavoring and a pumpkin spice flavoring.
Speaker 10: These are a national a national company flavor.
Speaker 1: Eat you just like normal sunflowers, not like barbecue or no no chance. Oh I can smell it.
Speaker 10: Nope, can't even look at them.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 1: Thank you for asking me, Chris, if I wanted to try these. Oh this is awful. You guys are on the brink of throwing up.
Speaker 7: John, I love some flower seeds. I'm used to very I think I've got it. Yeah, I would have absolutely thrown up.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, that's what I figures. Why didn't ask you?
Speaker 1: No doubt can remember?
Speaker 3: Sure, everybody home here you GOKF dot com, slash Watch.
Speaker 1: Here you go.
Speaker 3: This is what they are flavored. I think you guys are gonna nail this one.
Speaker 1: I got it. I think you mean John go first.
Speaker 8: Then if you're confident, let's go Tacos, Maria tacos.
Speaker 10: Why it's definitely tacos? Is it more specific than that?
Speaker 1: Is it like taco Is it a crunch wrap Taco Bell thing?
Speaker 3: What do you think is that co?
Speaker 1: I was thinking like Dorito's or something, but.
Speaker 4: Interesting, My gud, you guys nailed it. It's Taco Supreme from Taco Bell. That's incredible. You absolutely nailed it. Wow, saucy Man said, at first, whoever said it?
Speaker 7: Do you remember how like an hour ago we said that if they we remade big that the galathy end should be projectile vomiting all over her dashboard when she realizes she's a predatory. If I would have had Taco Supreme flavored sunflower scenes, they would have had to get three new monitors, two new sets of keyboards, and this microphone which has been a pain in the ass for about two months and now they finally fixed it.
Speaker 1: It would have been ruined. But even like would have puked all over all of it.
Speaker 9: I've known you a while, even like the it's not even the item, just the flavoring of it.
Speaker 7: The flavoring, the thought that once I would have known if it button bar ready, if that hits my tongue, I'm puking. The second because my brain would have been like, this is Taco's. If this, if somebody.
Speaker 1: Would, oh you're eating tacos and preening from tacos. Oh yeah, all over all of this afraid of That's why I warned you projectile vomited. It was the first thing. So you guys didn't like anything, but what was the dude? Dummy?
Speaker 7: Wars were awesome, Cinnamon toast crunch was fine. It was a step down from the actual cinem toast crunch. But the aftertaste, okay, taste was.
Speaker 11: So weird because the cinnamon toast crunch, the before taste was actual like straight on cinnamon toast crunch.
Speaker 10: And then it was like the very end hits you with the pumpkin, right.
Speaker 8: Agreed, agreed and absolutely the sun flows you may have it was that pumpkin, know the Yeah, the pop tart was pop tart was punking?
Speaker 10: What was the cinnamon toast crunch?
Speaker 1: Again? That was.
Speaker 10: That's right at the end I hit you. I thought it was black.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that would be better like with milk, Like if the after taste.
Speaker 3: You may have it?
Speaker 1: Should you have? And you can have the flower seats? Sure? Can I get you guys? Just some flower seat?
Speaker 8: Heck, go on, there's a reason they sell them at gas stations everywhere. They keep you awake when you're driving, you get tired and such, wait till they come out. I mean it helps you, it's actually wake. Do you swallow the shell to choose them and choose them?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 8: Well then yeah, I'm not sure that it works because part of what part of mar awake is working the shell.
Speaker 7: Imagine imagine like a marble, right, a marble. But like with Freddy Krueger's fingers.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, why though, because he's weird. I forget how weird he is.
Speaker 10: There's a weird ride on the inside.
Speaker 3: He bleeds into the toilet through his buttholes.
Speaker 1: He loves it. No hands.
Speaker 7: Once a year, about once a year. I convinced myself, Well, it ain't going to be that bad this time.
Speaker 10: Has it ever not been bad?
Speaker 7: It's time for headlineslines presented by.
Speaker 1: On the message board. I was just eating some flowers, sunflowers seed mountain. Yep.
Speaker 10: The sunflower seeds are giant agreed kettle roast.
Speaker 11: Okay, because they got a little sweet, little salty. They're not super salty, so you can eat a lot of them.
Speaker 10: That is my road trip. Okay, giants.
Speaker 1: David or Dodd has sun flowers. What a weird thing.
Speaker 7: So authorities found human remains in the desert fifteen miles from Nancy guthries.
Speaker 1: Home, but they're not hers. There's another bizarre twist and turn and whose body is that? Now? Oh boy?
Speaker 7: So we still have no remains from Nancy Guthrie, no identifying of the kidnappers yet, it just who knows? Maybe is this gonna be one of those things that twenty years from now the story breaks, or do we just never find out.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know. Weird, Yeah, I just don't know.
Speaker 9: In today's age with everybody as a camera, everybody, it's I just don't know how you can.
Speaker 1: Get away with something. But don't forget as long as they have.
Speaker 7: They were on the ring camp of the home. They checked every ring cam in that neighborhood. They just don't know where she went or who took her, Like, I mean, the guy, the one guy had a mask, right, So what are you gonna do about it?
Speaker 1: I mean, they checked every cam in the world.
Speaker 3: I just yeah, I can't believe it.
Speaker 10: They will find her remains someday, maybe it maybe twenty thirty, forty.
Speaker 11: Years, somebody somewhere, a hiker, somebody camping, whatever, But we may not know the story. We may not like if they whoever took her passes away before he, assuming he chooses to tell the truth, We may not know the full story. But her remains, if they are, will someday be found maybe, but we may not know the story behind what happened.
Speaker 1: Best hope is the guilt eats away whoever did it? Yeah, yep.
Speaker 7: Eight unopened Tops baseball card packs from nineteen fifty two sold for one point one million dollars. Wow, so unopened nineteen fifty two. Not exactly sure what's in there? That's half the fun, right, but just the idea of what could be in there. It's one point one million for eight packs.
Speaker 1: It's expensive. Pull tabs.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's a buddy of mine, quick doing pull tabs and just buys baseball cards now and sports cards. Sure, it's the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Do you think the buyer of those cards is going to open them?
Speaker 1: I would yeah.
Speaker 9: Online, there's got to be like a is it like a Mantle rookie? Yeah, there's stuff in there.
Speaker 7: But what Marnie's asking, and I think this is the reason why they're unopened, is is the value of them unopened, good point more worth more than what if you open all eight and you just strike out?
Speaker 1: Then it's then you might lose value.
Speaker 7: Right. The possibility of something being in there might be what makes it valuable.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 10: But wouldn't that just if you bought them and never open them?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, A curiosity would kill the cat, kill the cat.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Almost anybody that watched it season one on HBO. But it looks fine if you like it, but I don't. Nobody was talking about it. But it is renewed for a second season, and they did release the plot, and it's kind of an interesting plot.
Speaker 1: Have you guys seen this?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, So the the theme for season two.
Speaker 7: They're going to go twenty seven years backwards to nineteen thirty five and the Bradley Gang, a group of bank robbers after a gruesome massacre apparently and some no, hey, I read that backwards.
Speaker 1: I read it inverted.
Speaker 7: The bank robbers stop in Dairy, which is the city that penny Wise lives in, Sure to buy Ammo and then run into Pennywise.
Speaker 1: So it's just a group of bank robbers.
Speaker 7: Right or like, well, he probably is still the bad guy, but it's now some guys that are bad that picked the wrong town to stop in.
Speaker 1: That's kind of an interesting angle. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't know if I'm going to watch it, but I wonder if the people that love that show are interested in that angle. Who knows, Chris, No, you're a Stephen King guy that does nothing for you? Did you not watch season one.
Speaker 3: No, I did not see.
Speaker 1: That's strange. That should be right in your wheelhouse.
Speaker 3: Would be honest with you. There's I know this is a cliche, but it's the truth. There's so many options.
Speaker 1: I forget.
Speaker 4: I forget what is out and what is not out. I still haven't watched The Witches, East Bay or whatever you like. Every time I'm someone catching like, there's nothing to watch, and I forget.
Speaker 3: So you know what happens.
Speaker 1: Okayull me.
Speaker 10: My mom is not home. Okay, it's boiling meat.
Speaker 7: If you are going to watch something today on Netflix, watch Kelsey Cooks Happy Hour on Netflix. It comes out today on so did I. I technically had it on for an hour as well, so I watched it on mute. So we already gave the show at least five or six views in the first couple of hours. But yeah, it's out on Netflix as of midnight.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Good for her, super super great. Yeah, I'll tell her. You said, she doesn't. I think she blocked your number.
Speaker 3: This is morning.
Speaker 7: She didn't have my.
Speaker 10: Numbers Hello yet, Hello Kelse.
Speaker 3: Hello, he's not going to answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I please you.
Speaker 10: It's gonna be like Adam the.
Speaker 5: Number.
Speaker 1: Yes, A horrifying news story.
Speaker 5: And I eat all of you to stop what you're doing and listen.
Speaker 1: It's over. It's all over. No, don't say it. No, they didn't trade. JJ calmed out.
Speaker 7: It's all over for a a company that all of us but Zach were very familiar with, and Zach knows about them. But Zach didn't live through it. But it's finally over, even though I would have guessed this was over twenty five years ago.
Speaker 1: But they're finally shutting the doors to a big time company. The last block quster.
Speaker 7: No, but that's the right, even before that, right, But you're thinking correctly, you're in the right.
Speaker 1: You know the ecosystem.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a question, just my give it away.
Speaker 4: But I think we don't have much time anyway, Johnny Bones, you ever tape a penny to a piece of paper and put it in the mail?
Speaker 1: I think so?
Speaker 3: You never used Columbia House.
Speaker 1: Columbia House, you know what.
Speaker 8: Door?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: How about that? I absolutely did that?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 7: Wow, I mean, I know we've been doing it all show the whole kids today are never going to understand when you got that pile of stamps and you got to pick the ten stamps you were going to put on Columbia House and then you were going to get those for free or for a penny, but then you had to sign up for the subscription.
Speaker 3: Yep, but you were twelve, so you knew you'd never have to pay, right, But.
Speaker 1: So many of us did it.
Speaker 7: We picked the ten and then our parents said no, or like, no, we're not doing that, We're not signing up for that, but just putting the stamps on the thing, going these are the ten I would pick. If I got these ten for free, it was so much fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so much fun.
Speaker 3: Sweet and when those things came in the mail.
Speaker 1: You almost couldn't believe it.
Speaker 9: Got these for free? What was the catch that you would to do like a year long? It was it was a subscription.
Speaker 7: You had to buy a whole bunch of CDs and they were massively overpriced. So they got their money back long run by getting you on the hook for the first ten. I wonder why that business model didn't work.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: I can't believe it lasted. This one I know officially over and this is the power of subscriptions. Yeah for sure, yeah exactly.
Speaker 8: I mean that has been irrelevant. Thank you for thirty years. Well still we're making money until just now Hawk's been paying is for thirty years.
Speaker 1: Did get a lot? Yeah? How got a lifetime membership to that one website? Sure did?
Speaker 7: In like a month, he's gonna be like, why am I saving twenty nine ninety nine?
Speaker 1: All of a sudden? What did I What did I cancel? Uh? Morney. We'll see you in a week, right, we'll see the Tuesday.
Speaker 10: I will not be here on Friday.
Speaker 1: Yep, John Bonas, we'll see you on Tuesday as well.
Speaker 7: Yes, all right, powers you back tomorrow five thirty until nine nine to noon.
Speaker 1: His next.
Speaker 10: I really have the running for day.
Speaker 1: Little you're all grown up.
Speaker 3: Now go get them.
Speaker 1: Okay, five of your pie. Everybody from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic sent