Speaker 1: Heavy Friday from k DUBB. That's us, the twenty Cities number one hit music station. Welcome. My name's Dave. I've been here for a very long time. A lot of people grew out growing up listening to Kate WGB and used to listen to War of the Roses with their mama in the car on the way to school, And now we're taking their own kids to school and still listening to War of the Roses in the car with their kids.
Speaker 2: Iconic.
Speaker 3: And I got a text from my friend Freddy the other day and he was just starting to take his son's day to daycare for the first time, and he was like, I had a weird moment because I grew up listening to Dave and Lee like when you first started, and now day's gonna look grow up listening to Dave and you You're like.
Speaker 4: The new Lee for Zay. And I was like, oh, that's so sweet. Was here we talking most part of.
Speaker 1: Jokes Here we are yes with some new additions.
Speaker 5: Here we have Bailey.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 1: Bailey was so funny and so kind and so entertaining and so affordable, And so is why Bailey is here mostly here she is affordable. We pay her in Old Cities ninety seven samplers, So she doesn't give me money, but all the city ninety seven samplers that you want you can have.
Speaker 4: Thank godness, I still have a CD player in my car.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then there's vont Hello tis I and Vont was We thought we were hiring a technician, an engineer, and it turns out that he's a DJ, so.
Speaker 2: Resumes.
Speaker 1: Well, none of the equipment works, but vat but Vaunt's microphone works occasionally. O. Yes, let's review the final soup bracket results, because this is the dumbest bracket ever. We've done everything from candy bars, Halloween candies, movies, whatever, but this time.
Speaker 5: It was soups because it's soup season.
Speaker 7: So we started on Monday with sixteen soups, and I'll run through those real quick. Chicken wild rice versus vegetable, chili versus cream of mushroom, Justice for Chili, by the way, Broccoli cheddar versus Lentil, chicken noodle versus ramen, Tomato soup versus me so soup, Dave's favorite beef barley versus I called it.
Speaker 2: I called what did I say? MINNESTRONI we got to play it. You moved it.
Speaker 5: Oh it's okay.
Speaker 7: Here is beef barley versus mind strone those.
Speaker 2: Whatever I do not eat soup.
Speaker 7: I said it wrong anyway, Mine clam chowder versus butternuts squash and French onion versus split pee.
Speaker 2: That was Monday. We have made it down to yesterday.
Speaker 7: It was Chicken wild Rice Minnesota Classic versus Tomato soup I think all time soup classic and is, in a very very surprising twist, the greatest soup of all time Chicken wild Rice. Okay, I said twist because we predicted that tomato would win.
Speaker 1: I thought for sure Tomato would win. But you know we're in Minnesota, so chicken wild rice is a big thing here. It was a big blowout. It was eighty one percent nineteen.
Speaker 4: I'll bring in some chicken wild rice soup on Monday, everybody.
Speaker 1: That you buy from somewhere else, correct, go getting one of those cardboard tubs and bring it in and then stick it in the glad wear ball and say, oh made this myself.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm gonna do that, and I'm gonna go, oh, you guys, I put a lot of love in this.
Speaker 7: Can I tell you what would slap on a cold day. Yeah, pot pie, Alyssa. My girlfriend learned a good pot pie recipes, so delicious.
Speaker 4: Pot pie is the most disgusting thing in the world.
Speaker 5: How dare you dare?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 2: Don't you dare do that?
Speaker 4: You guys like pop pie.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, pot pies were like a little struggle me. I'm not gonna lie. Hmmm.
Speaker 5: We skin him when I was a kid.
Speaker 1: But we had the very cheap ones that didn't have the interior crust that lined the walls, just a piece of crust that sat on the top.
Speaker 7: What.
Speaker 1: No, we didn't have a lot of money, so we would shop at the Air Force Commissary and and that's where they sold. Everything was like budget and it was a pot pie with all the ingredients, but there was no interior lining. It was just a crust on the top. It was like a Swansen or something I don't know, or military brand grow whatever it was.
Speaker 5: Okay, I like pot pies.
Speaker 4: I like like a beef pot pie or like a.
Speaker 1: Poor I'm sorry now that's where I draw the line. The only acceptable tur is turkey or chicken pot pie.
Speaker 6: I feel like chicken pot pie gets too kind of like slimy. So that's why I like the beef pot.
Speaker 7: Pie no matter what, because of the broth that's in it, because that's what it is, right, it's broth.
Speaker 1: It's like a stew, that said, locked inside of a delicious pastry. Yeah, or underneath a delicious pastry. In my cave, a.
Speaker 2: Banquet chicken pot pie. Oh you know what.
Speaker 1: You can buy a Marie Calendar frozen pot pie in the frozen section. That is legit. I mean, you've got the crusty, crispy pastry. It's a little soggier on the inside, which is great. You got the carrots, you got the peas, you got the turkey or the chicken. You got a gravy in there. Oh, it's so good, so delish.
Speaker 3: I it was one of those foods that I sat at the dinner table for hours because my mom always made us eat.
Speaker 4: We weren't allowed to.
Speaker 3: We were eating what was put in front of us, and I pot pie and split pea soup or the two things that I thought were the most disgusting and I could never gets.
Speaker 7: Now, split pea soup sounds disgusting. Pop pie, oh, one of God's greatest creations. Yeah, it's got to be done right though, Yes, I think.
Speaker 2: I agree with that as well. Everybody can make a pop pye.
Speaker 5: That'll be the next one. The pot pie bracket.
Speaker 1: Well, we only have three different kinds turkey, chicken, beef, so that's gonna be kind of it.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: It's Friday, it's time for War of the Roses. If War the Roses is back, we did not do it over Christmas because Christmas wish and and breaking up couples just didn't seem like a good idea. So we'll bring back War of the Roses. A little twist coming at the end that you want to hear, and it's next on KDWGB, Grab you Coffee, Let the dog out, come back for War of the Roses on KD double you Hey. Before we get right into the story on you can't make this stuff up, give me a sing along song of the day, So a little something you want to sing along with this morning on the radio. We did tub thumping yesterday. Get knocked down but I'll get up again, and that's a great song to sing along to. What do you want to sing along to? Text s at KDWGB one. That's the short code if you're new here five three, nine two one, and let us know what song you want to sing along with and we'll do that in just a couple of sucuns. What sport is a lot more dangerous than it seems, Well, let's go over some of these. Soccer is more dangerous than it seems. Historically has the most knee injuries and career ending injuries per capita of any professional sport. Really, high school level girls soccer has a concussion rate like boys soccer, boys football. That is, Oh, you wouldn't think it's dangerous at all, no bonking heads or something.
Speaker 5: I guess.
Speaker 1: Cheerleading is more dangerous than you think, and there are little there little safety regulations for it, unlike high school sports. I want to see a time when women cheerleaders are wearing helmets and pads.
Speaker 5: No, I don't. I don't want to see that.
Speaker 6: I mean, I just think about them getting flipped around and tossed in the air.
Speaker 4: I could never that would be so dangerous. What if you land Funny.
Speaker 1: Mainly was the cheerleader and on the basket toss she got a text message while the girl was up in the air, and she had to answer the text message and forgot to do the basket toss cat.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well it's because it was because Brad texted me saying I think I like.
Speaker 4: You, and I was like, oops, oops another one.
Speaker 1: Darts. These are sports that are more dangerous than they seem. It looks harmless until you realize the real injury of Beer League practice and a liver that never signed up for this one.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's kind of funny.
Speaker 2: You know, it was cool what we did. Was it rubber darts at David Buster's earlier this year?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was so cool because it was harmless darts.
Speaker 1: Scuba diving a lot of people think the only danger is ranting out of the air, but that's the least of your problems. You got to constantly be aware of your surroundings, where you are, where you started, how long you've been under, how deep you are, And on top of that, there's a decent amount of wear that it puts on your body, especially if you do beach dives in cold water. So it's no interest in scuba diving. I'm impressed by it, but no interest in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's kind of scared me. But I do still think I want to do it.
Speaker 1: Someday, do you yeah, figure skating it looks so beautiful, but getting to that stage is painful. Learning The new jump is thousands of repeated falls on one side of your body, which leads to long term hip, ankle, and knee problems and broken spines are not uncommon.
Speaker 3: No, can I tell you a story about my friend that was a figure skater. She was on a team and someone sliced her knee open with her skate yea the wrong way, and so she's got the biggest scar all the way across from getting sliced open.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, awful.
Speaker 2: Thanks all right, choose, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 1: Let's do a song. Let's choose a song. I'm gonna go with Misindependent by Kelly Clarkson, or a sing a long song of the day's got a great chorus, so you can scream sing along. Thank you Abby for that one. We appreciate that and.
Speaker 5: You got it.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, we'll play that right now. Follow it up by Dave's Dirt. We'll do that next on k D double ub. John m'laney canceled his show and we'll cover that and more things on Dave's Dirt right now, on k d WB. I'll start off the dirt. John Mullaney canceled the show. Is it postponed?
Speaker 2: Yes, it is.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna read his statement. Vaught actually found this, so shout out to Vaughan for doing little research while you two were taking a nap.
Speaker 5: So that's really great journal.
Speaker 4: Ten o'clock.
Speaker 5: No, he's up working, Come on out.
Speaker 2: You don't do anything you have to do.
Speaker 1: Here's a statement to everyone in Minneapolis. The show my shows at the Armory this weekend will be postponed. What's happening in your city is heartbreaking. I hate to postpone shows in a town going through such awful challenges and such grief, because it feels unfair to the audience. Still, I don't feel comfortable asking thousands of people each night to leave their homes, gather at the venue, and then make their way home when the situation is so unsafe. Tickets for this weekend will be honored for the respective days of Friday through Sunday, April tenth, eleventh, and twelve. For any questions or refunds, go to where you bought the tickets or ticket Master. Sorry to anybody who is disappointed. I know a fun stand up show could be a nice distraction, but it doesn't sit right with me to put anyone at risk, and that is his statement. So the tickets we gave away there, you know what, they make a nice bookmark.
Speaker 2: No, did they go to the postpone show?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'll be able to go. Just clear your calendar for April.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Gossip guru Rob Shooter got inside details on the feud going on between Hillary Duff and Ashley Tizzdale.
Speaker 4: Apparently it's been going on for years.
Speaker 3: Hillary tried to ease tensions each time Ashley threw a fit in the mom group. One of them said that Ashley would like show up late, leave early, then post passive aggressive memes about everyone else's parenting, which, let's be honest, if you're in a mom group and someone's going online and commenting on anyone else's parenting, it's like shut up. And then also another source said that Ashley thrives on chaos. She'll start a fight over who brought the wrong snack to a launch and who responded too slowly in the group chat. And then I did see on Instagram yesterday or TikTok or something that Megan Trainer kind of mocked the drama. She posted a video of her furiously typing out a keyboard with the caption me finding out about the parent mom group drama, and then she used her song still Don't Care from one of her songs.
Speaker 4: So anyways, it's just a whole lot.
Speaker 3: Manny Moore liked Hillary Duff's husband's comment and it's just all this. It's honestly pretty entertaining to me. It's harmless. But at the same time, I'm just like, which one of them.
Speaker 4: Is actually the bit?
Speaker 6: I also saw like a clip of Christy Carlson Romano, who was on Even Stevens back in the day when like Hillary Duff and Ashley Tuzzel, well we're all a thing. She has a podcast, right, and so she was like a recording of her podcast and they were talking about Ashley Tizdale and how like uncomfortable she made them.
Speaker 7: I don't know who the other woman was.
Speaker 2: That was the clip I'll tell you about. Yesterday at Last played Chelsea and that's a raven.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Okay, so all of these women who were all in like Disney, they sound like Ashley is the problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it sounds like it. So Britney Spears wrote.
Speaker 6: Yesterday on Instagram, I will never perform in the US again.
Speaker 4: So she's still.
Speaker 6: Leaving the door open for international shows like in Brazil, potentially at the Copacabana Beach, but there's been rumors of her wanting to perform outside of the US, but she said on Instagram, yeah, I'm done with the US. I'm not doing it anymore, which I don't know why, but apparently that's what she has decided.
Speaker 7: The Emmy Awards are introducing a new award this year called the Legacy Award, and they're gonna give it to TV shows that leave a lasting legacy in the industry. To qualify for the award, the show must have a minimum of sixty episodes, minimum of five seasons, and has to have sustained relevance or influence. Let'd be interesting to see who they choose for that starting this year.
Speaker 1: And finally, not really a dirt story, but a big story. Happy seventeenth birthday to Trig. It is a big birthday from Mom, Adam, Tory, Jack and Ruby. He's got a birthday shout out on Katie WB for the last ten or more years, so kind of a tradition. All right, It's Friday, it's KDWB. We've got new Bruno Mars coming up in just a minute, so hang on for that. Brand new Bruno Mars just released and we'll have that for you coming up next on KDWB. We got wild tickets shortly after that, stay here on The Dave Ryan Show.