Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and I'm demand on the iHeartRadio app. This is the Petros and Money Show. You are one of the kind hosted by Petros, Papaday guests left school after sixth grade and the voice of the Bolts, not Money Smith.
Speaker 2: The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming.
Speaker 1: This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 3: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: And here's why you got for too much?
Speaker 4: What you want?
Speaker 5: I wait a long time for.
Speaker 2: This, Ah, Petros Money A five seventy LA Sports. We are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Downloaded hit that AM five to seventy LA Sports tile. Making a preset no different than a radio in your car. You can listen to us anywhere in the world. All you need is that app, the AM five seventy LA Sports button and a connection and you are good to go. You can also do that with Dodger games Dodgers v. Nationals tomorrow from the gallopin Ford Broadcast Booth an early one as it's the Nats home opener ten to five A m. Pacific time is when you will hear that Dodgers on deck at nine.
Speaker 1: A breakfast with Kate's not since scam have you heard Tim Kates so early in the morning. Enjoy yourself there and now brought to you by the Masters in Coaching Program at Concordia University, IRVINECUI dot edu slash coaching.
Speaker 2: Be a coach.
Speaker 1: It's better than a lot of other jobs. Is the final Hour fun fast.
Speaker 2: In effect, it's the yeah we're three fun.
Speaker 1: Facts, fun facts.
Speaker 2: Well, the NBA's regular season is coming to a close. We got a great one here tonight, bottom of the hour at a Maslin gonna be along for pregame and then Clipper Spurs with Victor Way Banyama in town tipping off at seven point thirty. We got our own rules over here when it comes to basketball and North Korea they got their own as well.
Speaker 1: That's the rules that Bill Ryder and Kevin Figures played under. But that's why Kevin Figures lost because they played North Koreaan dictator rules right.
Speaker 2: Three points for a dunk, four points for a three pointer if it doesn't touch the rim, and it's a swish. Eight points if you score a basket in the final three seconds, and if you miss a free throw you lose a point. There gotta be some punishment out there, you know, if you don't well.
Speaker 1: I thought that they had enough of that with the postgame ritual suicide.
Speaker 2: But other than that, I wanted to keep that out. You know, it's the end of the show. We wanted to do it.
Speaker 1: Fun fact McGee over there, it's right, it's time for quick hits. A quick hits everybody time of the quickts. Here they come right down the d quickets.
Speaker 2: Make it quick, y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The Dodgers are four and two. They are off today. They're in Washington, DC tomorrow, meaning David Bessey, we'll have his dinner and drink at Old Ebotts Grill. Maybe he'll go over to the Willard Lawyers and the Dodgers will take on the Nationals the Curly w in their home opener. I'm waiting to play the Nationals theme song till tomorrow. Dodgers on deck at nine am. Tim kates up early with a Patty sausage and donuts from Donut Prints, with him and Colin Yee smiling and high fiving. First pitch at ten oh five, here's Dave Roberts last night talking about the Dodgers start four and two offense not great.
Speaker 2: What's your level of concern?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think right now, offensively, most of our guys are scuffling, and it would be good to get on the road, get an off day and you know, get going from there.
Speaker 2: That this talent though sixty dames stuff with us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's uh, yeah, I mean we're trying to. I think, you know, obviously you're you're asking a question to compartmentalize the offense to the team, and I want to start with re' foreign too, So that's a good thing. But yeah, you know, it's it's obviously a very talented lineup, and you know, it's just right now it just seems like a lot of guys are in between. But I think you still got to give credit to the to the guys making pitches, and but I think that we'll get our groove. But yeah, you know, you look at some of the grindi at bats we had in that Arizona series and found finding ways to get on base and things like that, where you know, this series, those guys did a good job with us.
Speaker 1: Everybody's looking forward to the big morning game tomorrow, especially Rogan and Rodney who are taking the afternoon off.
Speaker 2: Oh no, they're gonna get at least at least forty five minutes in at least, if not over an hour, they are getting at least forty five minutes, potentially a full hour of baseball. I think the Dodgers are averaging what two hours twenty eight minutes on their games this season.
Speaker 1: So that's what you said the last time, now when we sat there in that one spring training game that will go down and infamy.
Speaker 2: The Angels don't believe that's what I said ahead of that game.
Speaker 1: I think there were just a lot of it's going to be he said, this thing's going to be over in a couple of minutes, and two hours later.
Speaker 2: I don't remember that going like that.
Speaker 1: The Angels are three and four, they're off today. They have their home opener tomorrow versus the Mariners. Read Debt Meurs will get the start in the Big A and the welcome to the NBA, Connor, I mean the NHL.
Speaker 2: The Pirates are calling up Connor, Griffith Connor with a K.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the number one prospect in baseball Connor ahead of their home opener against the Baltimore Orioles tomorrow. The nineteen year old is only nineteen and three hundred and forty four days old. He is expected to take over the starting shortstop duties for Pittsburgh. Connor.
Speaker 2: Welcome to that excel man, Connor. First teenager to get the call since Juan Soto in twenty eighteen. And I believe Connor is one of the minor leaguers that got the big contract extension. Already, there's a pair of them. I think Connor's was like fifty million bucks even though he has never played a second of MLB baseball? Which Connor the Pittsburgh Connor? Yeah, Connor Griffin. What about the NHL Connor? I think that guy just got a bunch of money when he was drafted overall. Welcome to the NHL, Connor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Connor Griffin signed a nine year, one hundred and forty that the guy who's a million dollar deals momfed one of the veterans.
Speaker 2: Connor Griffin.
Speaker 1: No, the NHL, Connor walking to the NIXL man coming half your mom, Connor.
Speaker 2: This Connor is already making one hundred and fifty million bucks having never played in the majors.
Speaker 1: Connor walking to the Nixil Man and his mom has been celibate for year. He's fine celibate. The Lakers are fifty to twenty six. They helped to carry over what they did in March into April. We had James Worthy on in the first hour and the Lakers they were fifteen and two in the month of March. Luka Doncicic was named NBA Western Conference Player of the Month for all the games played in March. His thirty seven and a half points per game in March marked the second highest scoring average ever for the month of March, trailing will be only Kobe Bryant's forty points in two thousand and seven. The Lakers are in Oklahoma City, who an Uber driver once told me, is like a little Los Angeles taking.
Speaker 2: On the Thunder. I can see that who are the best team in the West. If you're an Uber driver that's never been to Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: I not that I'm such a big fan of any place, or not really very knowledgeable about Okay.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 1: From my few trips to the state, there been to Tulsa, ok See, Norman, and still Water. I would say that there was nothing there that reminded me of the city of Los Angeles, other than being in the United States of America. Try to sushi. Well, that's could be why ma go. That's why the Clippers are thirty nine and thirty seven. They're at home tonight versus Wimby and the Spurs fully functional employee at of my two forty five minutes of that tomorrow on Rogan and Rodney.
Speaker 2: He carried a whole hour yesterday. Welcome to the big time, Adam, you can have it all. Here's the ball, run with it, Empire of Midday. It's yours final four set Yukon, Illinois, Arizona, Michigan. Those are your semi final matchups?
Speaker 1: Are you taking Big ten tournament radio ownership of these Big ten teams?
Speaker 2: Matt, I believe this is the furthest that we have ever had multiple Big ten teams gets I know Tim started.
Speaker 1: Tim kates a lot of Big ten tournament ownership of these Big ten teams in the final four.
Speaker 2: It really feels like we're gonna have a Yukon Arizona showdown in the final the games, though, we will have our sister station AM eleven fifty will carry the Final four on Saturday, and they will also carry the National Championship game on Monday, So if you're looking for it, driving around, progressive is the new mainstream. Sometimes you just gotta laugh. How'd you guys brackets look? Huh? You guys got all four teams in the final four. I know you got Brando four. It's funny. I was just texting with Jay stew about this.
Speaker 1: Fill out your brackets not filled out yet. We're trying to do something.
Speaker 2: We're doing something fun where you get fun for everybody. And you guys won't ever do anything doing a draft or people call up and they pick which one of us they want to have our do our bracket. You guys suck so hard. Why won't you contribute? Why won't you get excited? It's a dumb idea. It's my idea. Don loves it. He loves it. Don.
Speaker 1: I talked to Don Martin. He told me I could do a deal with him and still keep my casino. The Women's Final Four has UCLA advancing to play Texas tomorrow night in Phoenix. The t SIPs handed UCLA the only loss of the season back in November. If the Lady Bruins and their coach Corey close Ah.
Speaker 2: I'm good looking lady.
Speaker 1: If Corey Close could beat the t SIPs, they will either play Yukon and Yukon made the Syracuse coach cry just for being in the same bracket.
Speaker 2: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Gino old but still formidable. Or South Carolina, that big headed Don Staley who looks like a turtle.
Speaker 2: As a Southern American.
Speaker 1: You said something that got up underneath my.
Speaker 2: SMA wear it.
Speaker 1: I'll say whatever I want about Don Staley, one of the biggest names in women's college basketball, Iowa State star, one of my favorites. Addie Crooks is reportedly and you know.
Speaker 2: She's more of an A eight than an A four. I think is how you would describe.
Speaker 1: Her, like twice as wide as everybody else. Is that what you're trying to say, Matt, Is that just.
Speaker 2: Saying like, if you think about at the fleet of Audie's I think, oh more in the A eight frame. Oh it's a car reference. I'm not smart enough to understand your head show a record.
Speaker 1: Well that's us just talking about how much I love cars.
Speaker 2: You love them, carbo load.
Speaker 1: Audie Crooks has a little trouble getting up and down the floor, but when she does get up and down that I average a.
Speaker 2: Twenty five points per game. Come on.
Speaker 1: One of several women's players leaving Iowa State and Iowa State A d. Jamie Pollard, took to the internet to's gonna go well? Post a video to say, listen, even though our players are all gone, still gonna have a team.
Speaker 3: Rest assured we aren't the only school that is going through this. There's another school in the Big Twelve that finished ahead of us in the Big Twelve women's basketball standings that's down to two players. And there's another school here in the Midwest that hosted an NCAA tournament games that is likely down to six players. In today's world, student athletes transfer for a lot of reasons.
Speaker 2: What could they be?
Speaker 3: Some leave because they are searching more playing time, Some leave because they're home sick, some leave because they're disgruntled, and now some leave because they just want the opportunity to maximize their ability to receive revenue from the school they're at.
Speaker 4: Know this.
Speaker 3: Regardless of why a student athletes leaves, Iowa State will always wish them well. You're always a thing them for their time as a cyclone. But what does this mean for a women's basketball program.
Speaker 2: Can you tell me?
Speaker 3: It reminds me of last December with our football program. We were down to seventeen players, and I remember saying to all of you, I can't guarantee you who will be on the team, but I can guarantee you that there will be one hundred young men that are going to gladly wear cardinal and gold and play football on the floor. I had the opportunity to attend football practice this week, and although I didn't know many of the student athletes run around on the field, I can assure you there was a full otment of student athletes that are going to make you. The women's basketball Transfer Portal opens up on April sixth, and it will be open to April twentieth. Confident that given our great crowds and our history and our coaching staff, that we will have no shortage of student athletes that want to transfer to Iowa State.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I was a little worried. I was worried until I heard the HR music in the back. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, that, yeah, I like to use that music when I'm talking about like the Titanium Library at the City of Soritos, very good stuff from that. You know I would say if I was a young athlete, I'm thinking about Jamie Pollard as the next AD I want to play for. That's a guy that seems to really have it together.
Speaker 2: I'm going to ames mom. That's what I'm doing. I want to drink some corn liquor. Now, if you're a fan and you watch that video, like, okay, all right, I feel better. Yes, the football team only had sixteen guys now running around. There were seventeen guys on the football I saw rockobecked at the airport and he never came back. There were guys on the field. I have no idea who they were, where they were. They were people though. Turns out it was the local high school.
Speaker 1: The Raiders have signed Kirk Cousins to a one year deal for twenty twenty six. He will presumably mentor the likely number one overall Pickfordy Mendoza, uh Silver and Black are.
Speaker 2: He could even start ahead of him early in the season. Very likely. He has that kind of.
Speaker 1: New Raider head coach Clint Kubiak said, I like that and was Cousin's coach for three years in Minnesota. And some positive news for Pook and Nakua. He needs that second contract so bad that he went to rehab. Well, you got a lawsuit. Uh bit a woman, anti Semitic remarks, took a bite out of me, and he said after Jews.
Speaker 2: And he says he's gonna use rehab to improve his overall behavior in every aspect of his life.
Speaker 1: The first thing he said when they said you got to go to rehab was no.
Speaker 2: No, no, That's exactly what he said.
Speaker 1: Hey, Pook, it's me Sean mcvae. We got to send you to rehab. I say no, no, no, no, Pook. I think it's really serious this time.
Speaker 2: You're saying you're gonna send me to rehab. No, no, no. College football UCLA.
Speaker 1: Should have never taken a bite out of that lady and talked about the Jews.
Speaker 2: A lot of all, no, no, A lot of new faces out there today as well.
Speaker 1: Bob Chesney, Oh, Bob Chesney, see a lot of new faces. I could assure you we will feel the team listening. Twenty twenty five seventeen guys out there.
Speaker 2: I was just out on the field.
Speaker 1: Kaseean Foster took this thing as far as close to rock bottom as you could imagine.
Speaker 2: He barked it to the ground. I'm not gonna lie smurry, We're gonna field the team.
Speaker 1: Here's Bobby Chesney saying, answering the question that the media asked him today, which was, when it comes to UCLA football, Bob, are we ready?
Speaker 2: I thought it was good.
Speaker 5: It was day one, you know, like I think, you leave day one and you know there's going to be intensity and excitement around it. The question is was it clean? Did the fundamentals that we worked on all throughout the winter.
Speaker 2: Carryover or not? And I think that answer.
Speaker 5: The things that don't take skill, the things that don't take you know, great genetics were the things I wanted to focus on today more than anything. Was the effort staying in front of the receiver if he had the ball, staying in front of the line of the running back if he had the ball, as receivers and I'm getting downfield and blocking and just relentless, you know until the whistle, I think that's important. Defensively, I thought our pursuit was really good. I thought that we stayed away from the quarterback and kept everybody safe. So it's just really a day of you know, now you have helmets on, it's going to be a little bit more out of control in ways, but can you control you know, and live on that line. And I thought our guys did a good job of that. You know, we'll go and watch the film, and you know, I think it was a bad day.
Speaker 2: You ruined that. Now audio, we're not ready.
Speaker 1: You know, practice is closed. I don't know if you knew that, Matt, UCLA is closed practice. So that's all people get is what bob.
Speaker 2: By the guy had to yell over the fence.
Speaker 1: Ruined it with your sound bites a bit of all that.
Speaker 5: And I want to be president as much of it as I can be president. I think that as our guys went through it. You know, our coaches are pretty well versed in this. We went through every drill they're going to do. We went through every period, we walked through practice, we practiced practice. We we've done it as coaches came out here on the field and done it. You know, it's all of those things that you need to do before you get out here for day one, so it runs is possible. And I thought O guys did a good job.
Speaker 2: Were ready. You ruined it.
Speaker 1: I mean practice is closed, and now that's all people are going to I wanted to hear what they had to say. Chesley sound like he had some really good points, and Matt was playing Chris Roberts's ghost Bob, Are we ready to.
Speaker 2: Alabama?
Speaker 1: Ad greg Byrne, who I met back in the day at Arizona, became the most recent administrator to come out against the conference championship game.
Speaker 2: The only bad things can happen, like everybody makes more money, like you put five million bucks in your pocket.
Speaker 1: Last year, twenty of our players were caught speeding out of the Georgia Dome going one hundred and thirty miles an hour.
Speaker 2: Burne believes the competition has quote outlived its usefulness. I think the ship is sailed, Burne told USA Today it's run its course. It's a great event. I don't like the idea of it going away, but I think it's reality. With an expanded playoff, Alabama has support for getting rid of the conference championship game that would allow the playoffs to start earlier in the cf c G College Football Championship Game. That way, it would be played in January as opposed to the end of January. Well, look, I.
Speaker 1: Heard Kirk Herbstreet's dog as a veterinarians appointment later in the year.
Speaker 2: Coming up in twenty twenty six, met Peter. We got to get this thing on the road. Com here, Peter, come up, Hey boy, come up, Hey Keith, come here, Bubber bring your brother Keith come here, Bubber Boober come Mercer had and Greg Greg Peter.
Speaker 1: Thank you to Tim Kates, Ronnie Fosco, A big thank you to Doug O'Neill, James Worthy, and Andy Stangowitz. Coming up next fully function on Play Adams with the Clipper pregame show.
Speaker 2: We're telling me back on tomorrow the Glass.
Speaker 1: It's Friday, checked out, this counjig.
Speaker 2: Jock out, the Spies
Speaker 1: Walk that