Speaker 1: Morty, lady and gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I woke up yesterday morning with us spring of us to start later, please, I could never know if the day with us farda. Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demograph. Yeah, super duper. That's nice. Fighta go Nito gay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 3: It is the fourth day of December twenty twenty five. Holy moly, good morning everybody. Hi, it's Thursday morning. Welcome to the Patrick Morning Show. My name is Chris Hockey and uh here we are big day.
Speaker 2: Ahead of us.
Speaker 3: Lib O'll be here, No, Tommy Farto'll be in though he's got lots of things to talk to you about. And Tom Pelsara a little bit later as well. So let's get her started, shall we. Here's Jackie Vernon Little comedy on the Part Trip on a Thursday morning.
Speaker 2: Come on in.
Speaker 3: Uh I am glad you are here.
Speaker 2: Ho ho ho.
Speaker 4: Things will happen to me that could never happen to anyone else. When I was a kid, I had a rocking horse that died the high my rejection the curd. When I was about eight years old, I was put up for adoption by my foster parents, and then I was adopted by a Korean family. Later on in school, a girl got.
Speaker 2: Me in trouble.
Speaker 4: My book, which will be out in a few weeks, is called The doll Man's Guide to Meeting Girls of the Opposite Sex. This book tells the dull man where and how to meet a girl. A very good place for the doll man to meet a girl is at the beach, especially in the winter there's less competition. How should the dull man approach a girl at the beach? Well, I suggest as he walked by her, he hummer, mumble, and then you endo type song something like birds do it be doing? If she icknows you, you'll have to come on a bit stronger. You might try putting around the sandwich your tone and saying, I seem to lost my congressional medlavana. Here somewhere.
Speaker 2: The side, sweet and fee on your side.
Speaker 5: You hear the distance under this in your stray.
Speaker 6: To take it, dude, to take it to the.
Speaker 1: Time talk over the power to you Mony Show, December fourth, twenty twenty five. I'll have to admit I had no idea who that guy was. It sounded like the audio was from nineteen sixty four. I was convinced it was like Burl Lives doing stand up?
Speaker 2: How close? What era is that? Seventies sixties? Like, how old is that guy?
Speaker 3: Hold im? I'm gona play a game because I want you to check on them. You absolutely know this voice.
Speaker 2: I do you do.
Speaker 3: See if zacho? Notice the whole hair comes.
Speaker 2: Court.
Speaker 4: When I was about eight years old, I was put up for adoption by my foster parents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you see here?
Speaker 4: Do you hear the voice? Later on in school, a girl got me in trouble.
Speaker 2: It sounds like it's what if I say to you birthday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say it sounds like it's from a holiday.
Speaker 2: It's Frosty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, old Man's guide to a meeting girls of the opposite sect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now, I can definitely hear it.
Speaker 3: A comedian by the name of Jackie Vernon.
Speaker 2: Never heard of him before. Yeah, interesting, you've heard his voice a million times? Heard his voice a million times?
Speaker 3: Something m big birthday?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, man, Frosty? You know, was that guy a big deal?
Speaker 3: Apparently he was a pretty good comedian back in the day or a well known comedian back in the.
Speaker 2: Day, Jackie Vernon. Yeah, it was in the prep toda.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, m gonna use that and maybe it'll be a time killer on the show.
Speaker 1: And there is what time is it's it's oh boy, oh no, Jackie Vernon.
Speaker 2: H Jackie Vernon. Jackie Vernon died in nineteen eighty seven. What yep, dead sick? He's dead?
Speaker 3: Oh he melted? Oh yeah, would that have been like ironic?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: If I don't know, he got trapped in a tanning bed.
Speaker 2: Oh, man, Like, isn't that a final destination?
Speaker 3: That was Gremlins?
Speaker 2: No, well gremlins. Gremlin dies in a microwave?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, here you go. Yeah, no, you're right, that was final destination. Maybe that sounds right.
Speaker 2: With the gal basically got locked into a tanning bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get Gremlins and final destination all mixed.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, further for if you're a gremlin, Gremlins does feel like final destination?
Speaker 2: You're right? Yeah. Boy.
Speaker 3: They had a good night at the bar, though, didn't they. Oh yeah, and she worked her tail off. Yep, she really worked her ass off. Yeah she really did.
Speaker 1: Hey man, she's got bills to pay.
Speaker 2: She does that bar does not discriminate.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 1: One of the great holiday films of all time.
Speaker 2: Gremlins, there's no doubt, No watch it with the kids.
Speaker 1: Beautiful scenery, it's it's a lot like it's a wonderful life when Billy's running down the street in the snow.
Speaker 3: Now, when was the Lady Gremlin a part of It's the hot one.
Speaker 2: That was the second one.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought. Yeah, not a great movie.
Speaker 2: But the new batch Gremlin's too.
Speaker 1: The new Batch Batch, not not Bitch or the new Batch.
Speaker 2: That's a huge batch. It was a huge batch. It was preposterous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they basically turned them all into mega man characters. It was just like one guy was lightning, one guy was all vegetables, one guy could sing.
Speaker 3: Never understood that, No, one guy turned into a gal. Yeah, well again, you know it's cool.
Speaker 2: And a lot of people have compared her to Fergie over the years.
Speaker 3: People said that, and I don't see it.
Speaker 1: You know, Hey, and she can sing too. She tries to sing, tries tries. He's not a crooner like the Sinatra Gremlin.
Speaker 2: It's a great point.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna that up and see because I haven't watched Grimlins too since the first time I saw it when I fell asleep in the theater, shocking.
Speaker 1: I've probably seen it thirty times. Yeah, it was on USA a lot in the nineties, which is a good excuse for a lot of the That's a lot of the reasons why I've seen a lot of movies dozens of times.
Speaker 2: We had limited options.
Speaker 1: If it was on USA, I probably watched it.
Speaker 2: Is there a.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm looking at the pictures of Missus Grimlin when she's in her wedding gown.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's the end of the movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my god, I've got to watch this. Is Hulk hoked in this film?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, what the hell is going on? Wait a minute, is that also Grandpa Monster? Yeah, he's in it as well. What in the sweet hell were they doing.
Speaker 1: Well that he was on a TV show in the movie they had a TV studio in the building where all this takes place.
Speaker 3: Oh, I had forgotten that one of them went and got their their degree in dentistry.
Speaker 2: And then he does the is it safe bit? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, great film. Maybe I should watch it too.
Speaker 1: Well, but that's not a Christmas movie like the first one. The first one's a great Christmas classic. Yeah, your record one's just preposterous, Zach, your hands up. Missus Gremlin in her wedding gown would hawk well, if you want to rewind the tape, Zach. About thirty seconds ago, he's like, oh god, I fell asleep at Gremlin's too. I oh, maybe I should watch this today.
Speaker 2: Yeah I did. I did do that.
Speaker 1: As soon as he looked up the pictures, he said, maybe I should watch this.
Speaker 6: Yeh.
Speaker 2: I regret that now.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, yep. I think the answer is yes. Based on that audio reaction.
Speaker 3: I don't see her singing.
Speaker 2: She kind of like she's walking down the aisle kind of.
Speaker 3: So when she's walking to the aisle, she sings, so oh kind of okay, let me see final scene.
Speaker 8: A lot of lipstick, you remember, I don't think so yeah, well, you know, I don't remember.
Speaker 2: Put some lipstick hold on if you're not hearing it. I believe that the other Gremlins are also singing, like, you know, like.
Speaker 1: What I think. I think they're humming or singing the wedding march.
Speaker 2: That sounds right.
Speaker 1: They do like the Christmas Carol together, right they Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a pretty lady.
Speaker 9: Goophy b Kate's no, oh the redheaded gown. Yeah, yeah, okay, what the hell is going on? Okay, there's she is, hold on, there's is that Steve Gutenberg? No, it looks like him, but it's not. Oh, she's not marrying another gremlin.
Speaker 1: By the way, she's trying to marry the guy and he's not happy about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen to her, I wish. She's very cute sounding.
Speaker 2: He pulls the all time Chris Hockey move. Look at first, he's terrified Chris Hockey move. Watch you'll see.
Speaker 3: Oh she throws him the bouquet.
Speaker 2: And man and then and then she smirches at him, and he starts to change his mind. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: You can see his facial expression changes.
Speaker 2: Yes, he says, hey, why not, you know, and he always.
Speaker 1: Slides down to her height exactly those laps.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, and it fades out. That's the end of the movie. End of the movie.
Speaker 3: It does at the end.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's the end. Yeah, so my cud.
Speaker 5: He got it on.
Speaker 2: And he not only that, he took her as his wife.
Speaker 1: That's a great point. It's the most Chris Hockey move of all time. He was about to get killed by a gremlin and he's terrified, but she kisses him and he's like, hey, man, I guess it's better than nothing, and he just slides down and lets it happen.
Speaker 2: Well, if why not?
Speaker 3: If I may maybe maybe that's like he's like, you know what, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I'm about to die. Good.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's why you're calling it the most Chrisogi move of all time. And then he's like, and the last thing I'm gonna do is get it on now.
Speaker 1: Admittedly it's with a gremlin, at least a female one.
Speaker 3: Right, Sure she's endowed, not well and those lips right, and here, you know, there's if there's one thing you could say about me, I'll try things.
Speaker 2: I have an open mind. Wouldn't you say you'll try anything?
Speaker 1: Once that guy hasn't opened mind, Once he realizes he's got nothing to lose.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He's going to die probably this is he looks around, he goes, cameras haven't been invented yet. This guy's security cameras, right, And even if so, I'm about to die.
Speaker 1: And maybe she's not going to kill him. She seems to want to marry him.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, she does have the you're right, that's a great point.
Speaker 2: She's a slut. She'll just kill him slowly over many years.
Speaker 1: Not my god, not a great you're right, not a great movie for feminism.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: A gremlin turns into a female and the first first thing she wants to do is just get married right now. She doesn't want a career, she doesn't want to do anything on her own. She just wants to find a husband immediately.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean maybe also, if I may, and I'm not trying to be crass, I really apologize if this seems crass. I don't want us to be crass. Maybe he's not very well in doubt, and she's not very tall, and maybe when he goes like this, when he goes, eh, he looks at her tiny hands, you know, yeah, and he says to himself self, you might finally be man enough.
Speaker 2: Chris.
Speaker 3: I don't know if his name is Chris. Don't know where that came from.
Speaker 1: I think you've tipped your hand on a Google searcher too, based on the last thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: Well, i'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: I'm starting to understand his decision. Oh man, I am starting to figure it out here you have an action figure of her in address?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you think there is a sexual deviant toy of miss Gremlin? By the way, back up for a second. Did you say she turns into a female? She wasn't always a female.
Speaker 1: No, so all of the Gremlins, all of the Gremlins and Gremlins two that have superpowers basically get injected or infected, and then well she was just a regular old Gremlin and then somehow got the old female dose.
Speaker 3: Got it is? Is there any more of that left?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: This one says like one of them. Yeah, there's the bat one one. Yeah, there's a bad Groomlet there's a spider one.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 3: I am definitely watching this tonight. Gosh, this is creepy as all hell.
Speaker 2: You don't like her?
Speaker 8: No, like the seven I'm looking at the seven inch scale dress action figure.
Speaker 2: Seven inches action figure.
Speaker 8: I hope it's that's inches and that feeds yeahs inches?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What Why is Gizmo drunk? Does he get drunk? I'm okay, I'm watching this cause you know what I watched last night? I watched Bad Santa, the first one. I hadn't seen it since the first time I saw it, which was in theater and by the way, people say in theaters, and I always find that interesting because you didn't see it in multiple theaters, you were in just.
Speaker 2: One in the theater. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I remember being upset by because I was still I still had little ones, you know, and I was like, don't do that to Christmas. But then I listened to the podcast and that we like about what went wrong about Movies, and they did an entire episode on Bad Santa, and it got me intrigued, and I'm like, you know what, I'll go watch it as a fifty four year old and see if it's different. And it's funny as hell, it's dirty as I'll get out. Billy Bob is hilarious. That's a very strange movie. John Ritter's in it. He died after filming it before it was released. In fact, at the end of the film, it says rest in peace, John Ritter.
Speaker 2: And much like Keith Ledger, John Ritter won the Academy Award.
Speaker 3: He definitely deserved it. How about the fact that Bernie Mack and John Ritter are the two comedy foils in Bad Santa, and Bernie Mack died two young as well, both at the same age I believe fifty three. There are a couple the scenes, a couple of just moments where if slapstick humor, like the The Three Stooges was filthy as hell, that's what Bad Santa is. There are some moments where they kick each other in the nuts while they're boxing.
Speaker 2: How long have you seen it?
Speaker 1: I've seen the first one probably four or five times. I never saw the second. Why I've heard that it's not good.
Speaker 3: I've heard that it's terrible. But my god, that is a weird movie. And the things he says to that little boy, and then.
Speaker 1: He goes, you've seen Bad Santa's like, it's really good.
Speaker 3: It's it's very funny, but'rethy, very filthy.
Speaker 1: It's it's basically, Billy Bob is a drunk Santa. That just is a terrible Santa. He's a bad Santa.
Speaker 3: And there's an entire scene where Bernie Mack and John Ritter are discussing the fact that Billy Bob got caught getting it on with a quote unquote very heavy lady in the dressing room and that uh the words he says, yes, and Bertie Mack is like, I don't know, what's the problem.
Speaker 2: With getting on with the heavy lady.
Speaker 1: How about how about the facial expressions of John Ritter when he's telling those stories.
Speaker 3: That's the best, it's the best.
Speaker 2: It's really good. Man.
Speaker 3: No, it's uh, it's very very dirty, but man, that's good. And at the end and and then BERTI, do you remember what happens to Bernie mac No, okay again, I won't run it for it interesting. Yeah, it's a it's don't watch it with the kids, but it's very funny. And there are just moments of it that where you're like, ohait a minute, I'm looking right now at one of the Gremlins and he's wearing one of those uh those those set of glasses with the big schnas like, uh, they call me humpy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, my nose is big.
Speaker 1: I wonder how many people in the history of Earth have intentionally watched Bad Santa and Gremlins two and consecutive nights on purpose.
Speaker 2: You're about to meet one in the morning.
Speaker 1: No Tomy day, Sorry, no sauce today? Sorry, uh liber later, flash later dot com Tom Later.
Speaker 2: That's Zach, that's Terress. I'm Corey. This is the Power Trip Morning show on the Fan.
Speaker 8: It celebrate Saint Patrick's Season early with Dropkick Murphy's at the Palace Theater. Experience the energy and all of the hits you love on March sixth. Don't miss out the full details at Cafe dot com. Kewred Calendar.
Speaker 2: I was confused with that liner was going to go.
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna say, celebrate Saint Patrick's Day early, which you kind of did.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying St Patrick's season.
Speaker 1: Sure, it's December fourth, but like, there's so many holidays before Christmas.
Speaker 2: I think sure, New.
Speaker 1: Year's Valentine's Day, Zach's birthday, which I've wanted to travel and celebrate for years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where would you go? DC? I've never been there, which is word for because of Die Cookes. Good point. Why don't we go to DC this year on your birthday? You want to know? Sure, why don't we have a DC in DC? I love it? You do love it? I love it too much.
Speaker 3: That's a weird thing. Yeah, I don't know if I have it in my calendar. But one of our folks is having a birthday real soon, besides yous.
Speaker 2: Echo, which one of our folks, the one that's on his way here right now. Oh, that's right, Benjamin Lieber. This week it is this week? Way, isn't it? Soon?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 2: When when's your birthday? Seventh?
Speaker 8: It is the seventh, and yours is when? Mine is the sixth of January? How do you why do you say it like that?
Speaker 2: That was weird? When's your birthday?
Speaker 8: It's the sixth of January, sixth jan What do you say it backwards? I'm European six January.
Speaker 1: The sixth of January, so your birthday is January sixth, that's.
Speaker 3: Correct, and Ben's is December. I think it's the seventh, seventh, it got it.
Speaker 2: That's the day that we'll live in infant. Yeah, yeah, it really is question for you, Zach.
Speaker 3: Sure are all the computers like just deciding when they're going to allow you access to what you would like to see?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 8: I worked with Manison Jared last week about it, and yeah, Jeff said it was supposed to be fixed, but I don't think it is.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, mine is has decided it doesn't want me to see this page that I'm trying to get to right now.
Speaker 1: So my favorite part about that, Yeah, I had that exact same thing happen on a computer here two days ago. Guess what side I was on that It said, my administrators did not want me to have access to what initials game dot com even worse kfan dot com. Oh yeah, he wouldn't populate all of KFA dot com. And it said, your administrators don't want you to see this content.
Speaker 2: I'm like, this is I'm in the building. Maybe maybe what.
Speaker 3: Maybe they maybe maybe they don't want you to see it because it's like an advertisement for like a day from morning show.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, I mean.
Speaker 3: Here's my my thinking, and you guys tell me if I'm overthinking this, I could be guilty of this. Perhaps all this we're ahead of percent of human Maybe AI is like, oh really, you think you think that's better? What if I take away access to websites like I don't know, kafan dot com.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I didn't even think that because I had a hell of a time posting Halvey's hot one hundred on the Alvi blog yesterday and I was one I almost felt like there was some like force that was trying to stop me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's what's happening.
Speaker 3: For instance, right now, I'm really just trying to watch a female grimlin.
Speaker 2: Well, your day's over. I mean it's over for you. Your Thursday schedule just filled up.
Speaker 3: I want to know how quickly after a Grimlins Too, the gentleman who as in the scene and decides he's gonna get it on and marry the female Gridma, how soon after the film rapped that he took his own life.
Speaker 1: Hey, mom, I'm in a movie.
Speaker 2: It's the sequel to Gremlins. Haven't read the script yet, but we start shooting in May.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that a great The first one did really well, didn't his son? Yeah, I'm pretty excited. This could be my big break.
Speaker 1: I don't know my exact role, but I'm sure I have to battle gremlins and hopefully not get killed by one.
Speaker 2: Can't wait to see how it ends.
Speaker 3: All the years working as a waiter is about to pay off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I went to Juilliard, So this is the you know the.
Speaker 2: Peak, right Gremlins Too?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 2: And and isn't your friend Ernest is doing well as well. He just went to camp. But yes, he's kicking some ass. Absolutely, It's really happening for you, guys.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to see this film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go see it, mom, and then and then call me and tell me how it ends and scene.
Speaker 3: Man, I think that's probably how it absolutely worked anyway. Yeah, I wonder I'll let you know, because I'm trying to find out.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of iHeartMedia, right, this lovely lovely radio station, this lovely lovely cluster, and this lovely lovely international company.
Speaker 2: I love the station. I heeart Media.
Speaker 1: iHeart Media. Yeah, you know, puts out these like end of the year wrap up sessions if you will, on the app, right, you wrap it up, and they're like, let's let's wrap up twenty twenty five for you, right, wrap it up? Yeah, And they send out all these these graphics and images and stuff and statistics this year.
Speaker 2: I heart Media. I thought did something really clever. Oh good.
Speaker 1: Maybe you've seen people posting their iHeartMedia.
Speaker 8: Scores heart radio. Ihart Media is the company the app.
Speaker 2: I love the company.
Speaker 3: Oh please don't make him narrow, I don't love Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sorry, so they they they.
Speaker 1: Compiled all of the songs you listen to in twenty twenty five on the app and then approximated your listening age.
Speaker 2: Have you seen people posting this? It's actually kind of awesome.
Speaker 3: No, no, I have not.
Speaker 1: So for example, and this is ridiculous. My friend in New York who is a keynote speaker and author and stuff, apparently what she does is listen to music from the forties because she doesn't want to be distracted by lyrics. So she's almost constantly just listening to old timey music just so she can work uninterrupted.
Speaker 2: I do that with classical when I'm working, when i'm writing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think it was something like her average listening age is like ninety three. So it's like a ninety three year old person listening to music, right, because obviously she mixed mixes and some other stuff. What do you think my average listening ages? What do you think My app thinks my age is based on the music that I listen to.
Speaker 2: Zach, you have yours too, right, Yes, okay. I would say yours is probably.
Speaker 3: A little younger than you actually are, but not by much, because I think you listen to a few things that skew it a little bit younger. But I would say you listen to music from your generation. I would say it tells it's I'm gonna say it says you're thirty.
Speaker 2: Nine forty two, good too.
Speaker 1: Here, one hundred percent of the correct logic that I mix in the bad omens and the twenty one pilots and stuff like that. Sure, and then all of a sudden, I'm forty two. Yeah, and it even says, since you were into music from the late nineties, you've got decades of good taste. Forty two is your listening age, Zachary? Here, let me pull up my iHeart media. Yes, pull up your iHeart app. That's where this stat was found.
Speaker 2: Yeah, turn turn off?
Speaker 1: Does zach hold you? I am thirty almost thirty one, It'll be thirty one on what the sixth of January?
Speaker 2: Two days, sixth of January.
Speaker 1: I think Zachary's gonna stew younger than thirty one. I'm gonna say you do listen to like nineties rock though too.
Speaker 2: That definitely will throw that off a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and listen to a lot of nineties rock, love Bush, a lot of early two thousands rock like Lincoln Park and stuff like that. Right, Shine Down's been around for a long time. So I'm gonna say almost exactly like me, just slightly younger than you actually are. I'm gonna guess twenty eight.
Speaker 3: Hawk, I'm gonna say yours is oh man, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna say you just says you're twenty five.
Speaker 8: Oh you danced around it, guys, twenty seven?
Speaker 2: Damn it?
Speaker 1: Twenty seven. Yeah, what a cool thing that iHeart?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Did? That's really cool?
Speaker 3: Mine says, why don't you like our app? It's oh look at here? It says, what does Apple Music have that we don't?
Speaker 2: Oh? Mine says, apparently you only listen to Dan Burrero. Hey that's pretty sweet. Yeah, good for them.
Speaker 1: I'll take a shot at this. No one cares, No one cares. I just want to see how good you can do on this. Okay, the top five bands that I listened to in twenty twenty five, Yeah, I think you can get between one and three. I don't think you can get all five.
Speaker 2: Bad Omens.
Speaker 1: Bad Omens is number five, Okay, Okay, that's a start.
Speaker 3: But I think I'm being generic by saying this. But I think you still listen to them a lot three eleven.
Speaker 1: Three eleven had a new album out, So yeah, they were my number one this year, got it?
Speaker 2: Number one? What's that band that he likes over there? A lot to one pilots, twenty one pilots.
Speaker 1: I think two songs skewed it for me because I listened to those two so much. It was the Contract and Drum Show so much. But they were number three on my list, and my kids liked them too, so that obviously factors in because if they're in the car, they picked these bands exactly right.
Speaker 3: And that's what made me wonder if maybe, if maybe there's a surprise on your list.
Speaker 2: Nope. The other two actually combined for a song too that I just played for you, like a week ago. Two was Pendulum. Four was a Wall Nation. I would have gotten a Pendulum. I would have forgoten about ay one got I freaking love Pendulum.
Speaker 1: Their album this year is so good and that was my number one song of the year too. Was Cardi Gena by Pendulum, which is also in The Hell They Hot one hundred?
Speaker 8: That says who Cardi Gena by just Top I think it was seven or eight, So that was.
Speaker 1: A top ten song for you. Yeah, welcome aboard. That would have been my song of the year if I had to pick one song of any band.
Speaker 8: And if you're not at the studio today, here the station. You can check it out at KFE and dot com. The Hell They Hot one and.
Speaker 1: How did you come pile all those one hundred was that statistics that were delivered through the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 8: Of course I listened to nothing but the iHeart app, and that's how you guess today is totally compatible with that awesome number eight forty two listens this year for the card again, So good right, yeah, good for you, buddy, welcome aboard.
Speaker 3: I think you're gonna be a little happy with my Who's number five on my list? As far as the top artists for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: This is guessable. Yeah, well it is because Deftones Tones the.
Speaker 3: Other number five as far as I listened to, top artist for twenty five for me were deaf Tones of five, John Prine at four, ZZ top of three, Alter Bridget two, and snow.
Speaker 2: Patrol at one. Interesting. Yeah, can I say something controversial?
Speaker 1: You know I've mentioned multiple times in the last year so that like, I'm fast by the rise of the Deaftnes at this generation, the twenty year olds are finding the deaftones and they're now bigger than they were in the nineties, which is really strange for a nineties band to get bigger instead of get smaller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is it too late.
Speaker 1: To say that they're eventually going to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame because I do think the industry they're one of those bands that they've always had.
Speaker 2: They've always been a band's band, right.
Speaker 1: Other rock bands have said really good things and thought super highly of them, but they were kind of that band that was on like all the thrash tours and x FS kind of tours. I don't think it's too late for them for somebody to finally go, wow, we missed the boat on the Deaftones the whole time.
Speaker 2: This is like a rock and roll Hall of Fame esque band.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they were influential, they're universally respected in the rock community.
Speaker 2: I think they're getting in at some point. I could see it. It might be a while, but I think at some point they're going to get in. I can see it.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you why there are You got to look at the other bands in their generation and see which other ones might actually be in for it as well.
Speaker 2: And there's not a lot. There's not.
Speaker 3: And and you know another band that I think might end up there as well is Uh. And this may sound weird, but they they the the fact that they've hung around the way they have is Shocks the hellas not Pod It's the bend of things, cut Pop roach Man. Do you know how big they are now and not because of their catalog? They keep releasing new music to continues to sell. It's incredible. I'm just thinking of bands from that decade that are still that that time period that are still around.
Speaker 8: There aren't a lot, Hey hawk Hi number fifty two on Give It to Me Tesla Modern Day Cowboy?
Speaker 2: Are you doing that?
Speaker 1: That's a great song, Hey, in your listing ages twenty seven, believe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's awesome. That's a great record. That's a great band. So good, so good.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: I wonder, I wonder how many people saw their listening age and got completely depressed. You're twenty eight years old and it says your average listening age is, you know, sixty seven. You're like, what am I doing with my wife? My buddy Adams was like in John sixty three?
Speaker 2: So what is he listening to?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Zeppelin? Bruce Springsteen? Yeah, got it?
Speaker 8: Silverback? I assume it's a Colorado. I don't know, it's just a colo. Bob Dylan led Zeppelin and Trampled by Turtles. You call him Grandpa. Yeah, Rezo balls Man, I like him. Good for him, Oh Monty.
Speaker 3: I literally only listened to the fan on iHeart Radio, and that's not a joke. So I don't listen to music at all on iHeart Radio because of what it's done to the ch Oh my god, kidding, But I don't know. I would guess my uh it says here, I should be on life support. That's what If my average age is what.
Speaker 1: Were your top five bands again, Quickly Snow Patrol, Deaftones.
Speaker 2: John Prime, zz Top and was it oh ulter Bridge, I.
Speaker 1: Mean if zz Top. So my guess is you're probably almost exactly your age as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably maybe even a little well, which I'll be at number one and Deftnes being yeah right, I might be a little younger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but my guess is you also worked in some other eighties hairbands in twenty twenty five plus, which solidified you to be somewhere in the fifties for sure.
Speaker 3: And I have to listen to a lot of songs a lot of times to learn them for the band, you know, like if we're doing a theme with the Five or Summer Dealers or something like that. So that's Gooo's a little older as well, but sure. But either way, I spent a lot of time listening to new rock stuff. You know, there's I'm always looking for some coup. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sometimes the algorithm gets it, Yeah, suggests the right stuff.
Speaker 3: I would say again, I think the Deaftones records my my record of the year of all genres. I think it's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is really good. I love it.
Speaker 1: Their arc is interesting, man, I just I can't believe they keep as sending. I know, it's a strange thing to see.
Speaker 2: It's awesome though, because they're one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: Uh fun page sports In a second, Ben Lieber in like twenty minutes is the Power Trip when he show on the.
Speaker 8: Fan tonight, join our own Max fod A michelob Ultra Wolves watch party at B fifty two's Burger and Brew and Lakeville stop by seven to nine for food and drink specials and rechested to win prizes like an Anthony Edwards Jersey details of campaign dot com cured calendar.
Speaker 2: Hey, on a serious note, Yeah, a.
Speaker 1: Lot of people have been posting you know that the Power Trip podcast is their number one podcast for twenty twenty five, and you know, the number of minutes they spent with us is posted when they post that graphic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the number like, knock me on my ass for a second.
Speaker 1: Then you start to do the math and you're like, all right, that's a person that listens.
Speaker 2: Every day this.
Speaker 1: You know, there's people listening twenty five thirty thirty five thousand minutes of US.
Speaker 2: Man, that's so cool a year.
Speaker 1: And you figure what's an average show minus commercials? We're talking what one.
Speaker 2: Usually but not quality bise like, oh, okay, so.
Speaker 1: So one hundred and sixty maybe maybe one hundred and sixty minutes give or take a day.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 8: Set that's something like that doctor math me, I just don't be something like forty.
Speaker 1: Five plus forty five plus forty five plus twenty so somewhere in the one fifty to one seventy range, depending on mon commercials lost everything add they add, okay, time something like I don't know, two hundred and fifty days a year. You're talking like lot thirty five to forty thousand minutes a year.
Speaker 3: Incredible, thank you, Yeah, that's just unbelievable.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 2: We hope to deserve that one of these days. Well, so let's try today, shall we. Let's do front page. We have Saucy with us today. Oh that's why the show was better.
Speaker 3: I couldn't figure it out that it's better, but I understood every word, every that we've said.
Speaker 8: Time now for front Age Sports presented by Holiday Station Stars.
Speaker 1: So look, here's the deal with Holiday You know this isn't all just garbage. We don't just like say hey, I like raising canes.
Speaker 2: I know how you guys know me. I go to raising canes. I wish I had sight right now. What did I say yesterday? We're talking about me? No, I mean on the air.
Speaker 1: When I was doing the Holiday read and they said, hey, by to get one free Red Bulls, including their new Winter edition, which is Apple.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, god, dang, that sounds really good. Yeah, check out what I stopped and got a holiday.
Speaker 1: See look, see camera boom, we'll all be donald Winter Edition Apple.
Speaker 2: And it's legit. It's really good.
Speaker 1: I would not have guessed that apple flavored energy drinks are good, but I stand corrected.
Speaker 2: This is legit.
Speaker 1: So anyway, yeah, you could go try this or any other flavor of Red Bull you wanted at Holiday.
Speaker 2: Get two and then you get one free.
Speaker 3: Well, to quote Ryan Donaldson, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're welcome.
Speaker 8: You mentioned that, you mentioned that camera car as you take a sip. We had the YouTube recap as well, and there's some people who spent a lot of time with us watching us. Alexander Honkins with one hundred and eighty two videos watched.
Speaker 2: Oh and moly, well, thank you thanks for watching.
Speaker 3: I'm very grateful you look like this. Yeah, there's a problem in it.
Speaker 2: Yep. It wasn't until we got the new cameras and they I try not to look at myself on the cameras. Yeah, it's good, good advice. It gets me all distracted.
Speaker 1: Who would have funk it? The Gopher basketball team shocks the world. They upset number twenty two Indiana seventy three sixty four. I think they were about, I don't know, nine, ten eleven point underdog, something in that range. They were tied at thirty three at the half. All five Gophers starters in double figures. In fact, the bench combined for one point, the three guys in the bench one point, so basically all the points came from the starters. Cade Tyson seventeen, Reynolds had seventeen, Storm the court afterwards.
Speaker 2: Why not let them have fun?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Why not? Who cares?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: You never know it might be the biggest win of the year. That's right. Yeah, that was a big win. That's fun to watch.
Speaker 1: And the Gophers ended a nine game losing streak, specifically to Indiana. Ew Indiana was averaging nearly ninety points a game coming in and the Gophers held them to sixty four.
Speaker 2: Nobody could dribble with their left hand. Nope, that's the problem. I understand that. Did you just spit on them? I wish I would have.
Speaker 1: The Gophers up to five and four. Indiana first loss of the year seven and one. And of course that was the first big ten game of the year for our guy, Nico medved Where do.
Speaker 2: You go, Nico? Nico can't win them all if you don't win the first one. So they're shorthanded. Oh that's tiny.
Speaker 1: They had some foul trouble early, right, they have their starting point guard out for the year. Like the things were falling aparts to the Gophers. They should have got run out of the gym.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you sold me the opposite of a bill of goods yesterday. Yeah, yep. And he said it was over. It looked like it was, and alas it was not. It was not.
Speaker 1: The Wild erect Calgary tonight at eight o'clock right here on the fan.
Speaker 2: I assume I haven't checked the schedule. I wish it would email it to me, so you.
Speaker 3: Know, he stopped doing the little things that made him great.
Speaker 1: The wild one won nothing over Edmonton on Tuesday. That was Volsteed's fourth shutout of the season. He is eight oh and two this season, Gus seven, seven and three.
Speaker 2: Goodness yeah. Wild as a team are twelve one and two in their last fifteen.
Speaker 8: The Flames not having the greatest of times, so hopefully they can take care of the still single digit win.
Speaker 2: Calgary Flames Live Live Live.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I haven't seen Max in a month and a half. Hi, Meco, Hey, what's good?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Lah, Gouden dog.
Speaker 3: It's freezing outside it yeah, Broth you was a toe ooh yeah, yeah, I'm Frosty the fro man right now.
Speaker 9: I like that.
Speaker 2: It is really cold out there. It is very cool.
Speaker 3: It's getting to be red ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Chris, did you remember, by the way, speaking of of being cold out there and coming into work and all this, did you remember to take the actual exit today or did you do the clover leaf again?
Speaker 2: I do the clover leaf again. I'll tell you why. I was waiting.
Speaker 3: But it looked like I shouldn't do it, And then I thought I should have done there, even though there are no lines saying hey, get off, nothing, there was nothing black.
Speaker 2: Yep, I did it. You did it. I did it.
Speaker 1: For the first seven months felt like I was alive. Yeah, and I don't mind doing the clover leaf. It really only adds what maybe a minute and a half to you drive. But it's just a pain in the ass to clover leafing on one hundred twice every morning. But this is first world problems. But yeah, to get off right on the exit and just go right to work instead of just doing the loopy loop lake. You're on big chief go carts and dells, which is cool, real cool. I like driving on those loop dy loops.
Speaker 2: I was pretty pissed to myself for missing it, so I went into curve it about a hundred. Well, sometimes a cop sits right there too, right that loop. I was hoping.
Speaker 3: I was gonna yell out the window, get your gun, I'm reaching for it.
Speaker 2: What an interesting spot for a cop to hide.
Speaker 1: How often do they bust people for driving that clover leaf exit on one hundred Too often?
Speaker 2: Right? I think it might be a good place to take a little nap. Oh interesting because that.
Speaker 3: It's real dark there. I thought the exact same question. I'm like, Wow, do people hit this thing at a half a hundred?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 8: No, wait, I wonder I mean, because that is an aggressive I just think it's they can they can get onto the ramp to go east on three four, or they can go off one or whatever I think is the access to both yea.
Speaker 2: And nap time until they get the call. Why would you, man? I mean you're working your tail off. Who knows how long the shift is? Right? I you know, sleep when you can. That's what Grandpa always said. What's happening over there?
Speaker 3: Zach? So?
Speaker 8: I did the iHeart Rewind, which you can do on the iHeart Radio app and real and it says, quote, based on your listening, we think you should attend the iHeart Radio Music Festival.
Speaker 2: Okay they send that to everybody?
Speaker 3: Does it say please we beg you ten. Here are some tickets and then tickets to a concert you really want to go to?
Speaker 2: What if?
Speaker 1: What if Zach, What if would it have blown your mind if the app had said we think you should go to the can Film Festival to the iHeart Cafe.
Speaker 2: If it just knows you that well, because they're always listening only crap mind says I should listen to the KQ nine Morning Show. What are they doing?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 1: Some of these competitors are on the app, so that's why not saying why not?
Speaker 2: There is on the app? An ad? Do you see what it's in the midll Please don't say it if it's gonna make me color, Please don't.
Speaker 7: Add for my Heart Radio. We're paying the affort tax on our own. Cool case you didn't know what app you were on.
Speaker 2: It might be the case. Maybe they think we found this by accident. Some people do, yeah, and we'll take it. Did we Did we lose this round?
Speaker 4: Yet?
Speaker 3: Do we know to?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't even look Pat mca, we must have. I mean, yeah, man, it's too much to ask, Well round is it though? Final four? Oh? Really? Oh so you guys be common already? Ben? And then we beat bred Maller as well.
Speaker 8: Oh damn, it's still it's still active.
Speaker 3: We have nineteen hours left to vote, do we have any idea how the vote he's going.
Speaker 2: It doesn't. They don't show.
Speaker 1: So the sixty four dot Com we're in the final four. We're scoring off against Pat McAfee and that'd be a tough Paul Allen in Common did the two shows that got invites to the sixty four team tournament have been dispatched one of them by us? That was common Pa lost to a fantasy football podcast. Yeah, yeah, but he also slayed the giants. He went through what Rich Eyes and Dan Patrick and Colin Coward.
Speaker 2: Wow, he made it impossible.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: It's weird because like back in the old school days of radio, anytime something good happened for your show, your radio station, nay, your company, or your cluster would be like, hey, look what our guys did. I really missed the good old days. You know, even if it even if if it's a manufactured thing just to get people to come to your website, that's cool with me. I don't care. We're doing some fun. Somebody care, that's all I care about. Somebody care. I just want chairs, man, That's all I want. Isn't too much to ask just to get chairs. It's all coming together, guys, It's.
Speaker 2: All falling apart. I just wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've left them, Zachary.
Speaker 3: The good old days weren't always good in tomorrow and as bad as it seems, talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Ed Helms and Rain Wilson just talked about that quote recently on Rain Wilson's podcast about how profound that line is from the Office. That's act just dropped it is. I think about it all the time. Actually, well, hey man, we're guaranteed to be humans. Yeah that's something. What if you know you're in the good old days but nobody else seems.
Speaker 2: To That sums this up. What really matters is next. This is the power trip you on a fan.
Speaker 8: We'll get to fan out doors in just a moment, but for now, if you're looking for a real connection this holiday, It's just Lunch and Campan are giving one lucky listener the chance to win a complimentary three month It's Just Lunch membership, the personalized matchmaking service that sets you up on a fun, meaningful day with people you'll actually want to meet.
Speaker 2: Head over to campan dot com. He were contest to enter today.
Speaker 3: Well, look at these two coming in like they woke up together.
Speaker 1: Joining the show now family and Justin Consenius they did walk in holding hands.
Speaker 2: That would be the same time. It's just lunch though, guys. Yeah, it's just lunch.
Speaker 1: It's not you know, weird, shoot, zach These two have been gambling against each other all year long. It's been quite the heated rivalry these two. Yeah, I don't think I call it a rivalry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I call you guys, throw some hands. You guys should make a show about it.
Speaker 1: I would, I would define this as a heated rivalry, right, Zachary, I mean yeah, i'd watch.
Speaker 2: Okay that wait, where were we? What are we doing? We're in thee it was part okay, good morning, Justin, good morning that morning. Good morning, guys. It's pretty god, it's pretty good. It's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got where's the where's that?
Speaker 2: Where the where's the crew? Where's Tommy?
Speaker 3: Tommy's not in today? I see, I don't know why, big boy job, he says. Saucy went to uh to take the little one to uh I've Bentleyville. Oh yeah, right, wow, that's awesome. And uh so he's he's not with us. We'll be back on Monday, and and here we are. Yeah, you know as we uh never to get in the cars exactly.
Speaker 2: Right, boy.
Speaker 7: Actually what this is a a tough weekend to go up to Duluth, considering it's fifteen below here, it's getting colder up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he'll handle it well well. And you know they're staying at Peer b which is the best, which is the best place. And he'll be able to sit in his room with young there is no looing, only Steve and his beloved and look out the window across the water at the light.
Speaker 7: Well that's that's the best part. Just hold a little lucifer up to the window and just yeah, say there it is buddy.
Speaker 3: Yep. And if you're you know, if the kid's a little older than you tell him to, you know, button up and toughen up and get out there.
Speaker 2: And let's go.
Speaker 3: It's Christmas time.
Speaker 2: Could also go with this sauna right there. Hell yeah, right there, family, right, I love that outdoor salm. That one that's where I go. That's different. What's that again? Lovely Daluth family, It's a lovely place. Different going one of these days welcoming. Yeah, you're talking about throwing hands. They welcome you with open arms. Fuga flesh. You ever been to the Duluth family sala? I have none?
Speaker 1: Nice try that was a yes, I got a card carrying member. Well, oh, they don't give you a card.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And if you have one, you might want to hide it, you know what I mean? Where do you swipe this thing? Hey?
Speaker 1: Before we get into what really matters, I want to say a thank you to a thank you. I was thanked by my iHeartRadio app because this year it says I sent zero talkbacks and it actually says thanks for keeping the mic hot. Wait minute, I sent zero talkbacks in twenty twenty five, so you're thanks for keeping the mic hot?
Speaker 2: It says I didn't.
Speaker 3: It seems like that might have been computerador generated.
Speaker 2: Yes, Zach, how many talkbacks did you send in twenty twenty five? I sent three? Did they thank you for keeping the mic hot? They thank me for keeping the mic hot?
Speaker 3: Car I sent a bunch of burrero, But as a different person.
Speaker 2: That would be awesome if you're a number was like one hundred and seventy four.
Speaker 3: Well, the numbers for Chris Hockey aren't good, but the numbers for my fake identity yea, nay good, and I just love waiting for Dan to read one of them.
Speaker 2: Well, I just played the game.
Speaker 1: This is proof that this doesn't listen to the show, because I've been saying this forever and nothing changes.
Speaker 2: The first thing I do.
Speaker 1: Every day is close the email on the text line and stuff, because whatever we got to show you, I am not worried about that. But the thing I get to see every morning is him arguing with people over text. And he had three or four serious arguments yesterday about why don't you bring up the fraud in America? And he's like, only a moron would think this, Like he's like yelling back and forth with some anonymous Texter dude, shut it off.
Speaker 3: My erection has never been bigger then the one time he yelled at my fake identity on the ear.
Speaker 2: He was pissed.
Speaker 3: I'm lucky I wasn't driving because I wouldn't have had room between me and the Star show.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, I was so proud, it's so easy. He was so angry. Oh God. I told him that he didn't know because he'd never played all before. I was asked to not do that by who. Yeah, well I couldn't stop bragging. Oh man, what a great bit. Yeah, this was him. You know what the thing is, it's true he's never played ball. No, it's true, it's true. That's true. You guys have both played ball. Yeah, we continue to play ball.
Speaker 1: They're not going to be in heated rivalry to stop. What really matters scores and stats around the world of sports in between.
Speaker 2: Like something else, we get back from breaking, don we get back from Yeah, we'll do. Then we come back. Because by the way, if you.
Speaker 1: Guys want to send us talkbacks, you can go to the iHeartRadio app and click on the microphone.
Speaker 2: You can give us your best thirty seconds. Make Mike hot. And also what's the cafe and text?
Speaker 1: Oh the yeah, the bransh on Brian cafe in text in his six four six eighty six.
Speaker 2: Now let's get it going.
Speaker 1: I won't see him, but Pa does, and Common doesn't. Barrero definitely does. He he sees all of them. That's six four six eight six.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 8: Humid Sundays match up with Washington is almost here. Find our street team on the plaza outside US Bank Stadium and ascow you can win Papa Murphy's game day, meal deals for a year.
Speaker 2: Dot com keyword calendar food man, what is it with this time of year? I'm like an old bar I just want to eat hungry, I just want to eat.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: What really matters? They're here for a reason. It's here. That's the only reason I'm here. Core, what really matters. It's a good question, isn't that. Well, let's start with your squad justin why not you're here?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: The Golden Gophers retain the acts four out of the last five years.
Speaker 2: Regular season wraps up.
Speaker 1: Wisconsin went twenty two years straight, I think making a bowl, but now they've missed a bowl two consecutive years. Luke Fickles having a lot of fun in Madison. But the Minnesota Golden Gophers what seven and five? Seven and zero at home?
Speaker 2: Yep, first time since nineteen sixty seven? Undefeated at home?
Speaker 1: Undefeated at home and one five on the road. Where are they going? What's your guests?
Speaker 10: The two debates are the Pens right Bowl out in New York City December twenty seventh. But the issue is there's not necessarily a pecking order, but the bowls kind of work collectively, and they think they'll have an amazing matchup out in New York that will drop people. That's to that stadium between Penn State and Pittsburgh, and so likely that pushes Minnesota to Phoenix to play in the I think it's called the Guaranteed Rate Bowl, and they'll play likely they'll play a team from the Big Twelve and they'll likely play TCU.
Speaker 2: Now, there was some time there was some talk about Las Vegas.
Speaker 10: But for some reason, Asco, which travels amazingly well, is likely to get to Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I was hoping Las Vegas wame.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so we'd rather go to Arizona. That's the Yeah, we don't want to go to We don't go outdoor stadium in New York.
Speaker 2: End of December. No age, no, no way, no.
Speaker 1: Plus, all these kids are getting paid now with nil money, Let's send them to Vegas.
Speaker 2: Totally.
Speaker 1: They can turn a half a million into seven million real quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, triple that. Sucker up.
Speaker 1: Bet all your money that you made all year long on your nil, on your your jersey number on a roulette wheel, and just get thirty five to one on your money and retire all of it.
Speaker 2: It's not that hard. Yeah, it's that easy? Is that easy? That's what I would do? Well, what really matters is this, it is supposed to work. I don't know if it does work that way.
Speaker 3: I'm not supposed to a Stranger things five set viewer records on Netflix. The first four shows of the of the latest season, debut on November twenty sixth, reach nearly sixty million views in this first week.
Speaker 2: I was one of them. I was one of them too. Yeah, your thoughts. I love it. It's fun, right, I love it.
Speaker 1: Do you agree with with I was gonna say my take, but I am with the consensus that the gap though, between the kids that can act and can't act is white white.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's all right though.
Speaker 1: It's like it's ideally if they would have done this exact series just faster, so the kids would have stayed younger, I think it would have been slightly better.
Speaker 2: But they're older.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not all guaranteed to grow up and be great actors, and the gap is widening.
Speaker 2: We're all thinking the same as the worst. I mean, there's a couple, there's a couple that are struggling.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, which is surprising because when you grow up in that industry, don't you just like doesn't just become a part of you, just like even just the formulaic way that they film that show, you'd just be inherently good at it.
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 1: But here's a great example. Like think of how awesome Corey Feldman was as a child actor. Yeah, yeah, he's not winning Oscars, you know, Like, but he was awesome in du Remlins stand by Me. He was fantastic. Then you grow up and you're like, get out of my movie.
Speaker 2: But you know what's surprising is I think Winona Ryder struggles. I don't disagree.
Speaker 7: I don't think that she's If she didn't have the cachet that she has, i'd be like, she's not a great act.
Speaker 1: I think Millie Bobby Brown is getting worse. Like it's it's it's not perfect, but it's just so much fun, so much fun, and the special effects are off the charts awesome.
Speaker 2: That whole season, it's only the first four. Last one is in theaters New Year's Eve and New York State.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's two more on Christmas and then the finale is New Year's Eve and it's over two hours long, and that's in theaters. It can be you can watch it on Netflix as well, but they are having a theatrical I thought it was.
Speaker 2: It's both. You can see it on Netflix, but you can also go see it if you want to watch it.
Speaker 7: Shoot, I might go to the theater to watch that with New Year's Eve, right, super fun to have that collective experience with a bunch of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, the Saint Michael's Theater out there by, I love you the co one. They keep showing like just random old school movies and I love it. Man, Back to the Future Jaws. I saw there this summer, and now they're doing all the Christmas movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how cool? Yeah, I love that die Hard. Yeah, it's a good reason to get out of the house. And I don't like leaving the house of cour I know you can go on to the next thing, but I do want to talk to you.
Speaker 7: I'll probably offline about about will I mean not only see a terrible actor, but whoa are you going to.
Speaker 2: Be spoilers and related things you're saying.
Speaker 7: Well, I just want to, like, I just want to like talk through just the last episode a little bit, like you know, the way it ended. I'm not quite vibing with, like how it all happened, and like what it all means? Sure, so I do want to get you because you're way smarter than me.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: And the problem that I had watching all four of these episodes, even though I feel like I mentally caught up about halfway through the first episode, I'm all right, I know where we're you know whatever, because I had watched this the recap, and if I had not watched that recap, I would have been swimming same. But if you're gonna ask why is this happening? Where did this come from? I'm struggling with that as well, because I didn't recap it. Like my oldest daughter and my wife rewatched this series to get ready for this for so they were like caught up, caught up, I don't remember stuff that happened in the first handful of seasons to why we got to where we are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm struggling with that a little bit too.
Speaker 7: It's more of just obviously again don't want to give it away, but how it ends in episode four why It's like Vecna knew, but like why is he allowing this to happen? Like I don't know, It's like you know, you know, You've got this one character in Vecna that is basically an all powerful god, can do it every he once unstoppable.
Speaker 2: Yet he's allowing this to happen. I don't you know.
Speaker 1: But God, he's a cool character. Right, every time Vecna walks on the screen.
Speaker 2: You're like, God, that's sweet, what a cool effect.
Speaker 1: Anyway, my turnout Dallas at Detroit tonight, seven fifteen, Dallas six five and one, Detroit seven and five. You know what's crazy, Benjamin, if you look back, let's just rewind almost a month.
Speaker 2: Dallas has won three straight.
Speaker 1: So they were three five and one and it looked like they were toast and the next four games on their schedule at that point the Raiders. Okay, yeah, but then it would have been Raiders into Eagles, Chiefs and Lions. So if you're the three five and one Cowboys and you're like, all right, we got the Raiders this week, but then it's the Eagles, the Chiefs, and the Lions, we're dead. But instead you beat the Raiders, you have that unbelievable comeback against the Eagles, then you beat the Chiefs on Thanksgiving, and now you have the struggling Lions, Like this is this season should have been over for Dallas and they're back in it.
Speaker 10: Well they did it after going through a traumatic situation all the r Yeah, yeah, yep, that's what I think. I mean, I think to have that happen in locker room and to go to to play the Raiders that week, right, and the way they've done this I think been pray remarkable.
Speaker 2: Do you like tonight?
Speaker 7: Did I see amen? Ra is going to be questionable? I think he he might not play, which is which is huge. That's huge, big, That's pretty big. I'm I'm roll with Dallas. Man, there's something they're they're cooking with something.
Speaker 2: Right now, and I like it.
Speaker 3: I'm starting to like him now since you said that about your friend being the.
Speaker 2: Coach, Yeah, you like that guy, se Yeah, I love that dude.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And you know all of his postgame you know, locker room speeches are kind of fun and it's just kind of fresh and mean. Same thing with Ben Johnson, Like, even though he's the adversary and I don't not supposed to like the Bears, like I'm it's fun to watch him kind of bring that team together in the post game stuff.
Speaker 3: So it's going to take a whole lot more for me to like the Bears.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, I like the Bears.
Speaker 7: I like watching I like watching Ben Johnson do his stuff, you know, like it's it seems fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: According to Ian Rappaport, this was as of yesterday. Quote, he has not practiced this week. My understanding is this is a one to two week injury, so probably most likely going to miss Thursday's game, but he has not yet been ruled out.
Speaker 2: That was as of yesterday. Well, basically it's going to be ruled out pretty rare. Upon officially ruled out.
Speaker 10: Rare for both teams get a full week, right, both teams played on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: A full week of preper is a good call. So I'm just curious if that favors I don't know who. Maybe it favors I don't know GoF, I don't know full week of prep. What really matters, though, is this That's a good.
Speaker 3: Point court trying to figure out. I don't think I know what dim salm is? What is dim sum?
Speaker 2: Isn't a soup?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I just saw a restaurant, was did I drive by a lot that? I've always wondered what dim sum is? And it's closing, and it's my fault because I never went in there, because I didn't know what they sold. My fault, guys, And you.
Speaker 2: Just go today and just buy a ton of it and they'll change their mind.
Speaker 3: And then then they'll never see me again. And even if it's delicious to wonder why that one guy came in and ordered all that and then left him.
Speaker 2: And hanging.
Speaker 3: I work things out of my head like that all the time. It leads me to doing nothing.
Speaker 2: And that's why you take that turn on one one hundred miles an hour.
Speaker 3: It's exactly right, just waiting for the police to chase me.
Speaker 2: Berry, come get me. Am eating junk and watching trash and.
Speaker 3: The Fresno Zoo is celebrating the birth of a new Southern white white rhinoceros calf's officials saying Kayla, the mother, gave birth to a female over Thanksgiving weekend and both are doing well under veterinary care. The calf is the fifth for Kayla all right and uh the male rhino, which is named Tim, well done, tim Uh. The zoo says the birth contributes to i'mgoing species conservation efforts. The baby is not ready to join to the exhibit and the zoo will announce what it is later this year. But there wasn't the white rhino, one of the ones they said was real close to extinction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean, honestly, shout out to Kayla Criesel and Tim Nelson on their on their new Baby's good that Tala is so horny, Like what you guys, do you know?
Speaker 2: We got it?
Speaker 7: You think Tim is saying that every night like it's for conservation, baby well, species comfort concerts, Tim.
Speaker 3: Holt multiple things. I believe a rhino would be the last, the least offensive that I've seen him home.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a weird rhino slot machine very soon.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: What a weird little story this is that Maybe you guys saw this on from Football Talk dot com if that's a website you frequent Roger Goodell said the NFL is considering adding a second Black Friday game. Right the Bears and Eagles played last week will be half off, no game, but let's I'm not going to see if I can stump these two football guys. They both played ball, These guys both played they did like some people. Do you know why the NFL cannot play a Black Friday game after five pm on Black Friday.
Speaker 2: Well, it's got to be a part of the players union, right, really, do do dude? Do dude? So why would the players.
Speaker 10: Union not allow the players to play after five o'clock on Friday of Black Friday?
Speaker 7: Because that means they wouldn't get any shopping done. Vampire, I don't know, maybe they would get this is obscure. I just wanted to know if either one of you knew.
Speaker 2: I have no idea they'd multiply after a certain time. No, that's gremlins. Nope.
Speaker 1: Uh. Because of a federal law, the Sports Broadcasting Act of nineteen sixty one. For that one, it prohibits the NFL from televising games on Saturdays after six pm Eastern Time on Fridays from the second weekend in September through the second weekend in December. And that was according to Football Talk dot Com, that was quid pro quo for the extremely valuable broadcast antitrust exemption. So if real, if the NFL adds a second Black Friday game, it would have to conclude before five pm Central Time. There's some other rule that says it would have to start at noon at the latest. So you basically have to do like most likely you're going to have to have them slightly overlap. Otherwise a consecutive doubleheader would be would be cutting it really close. Unless, as this article says, unless you just say, what are we doing here? This is an act from nineteen sixty one. Can we just can we change this law? What are we doing here? So that's also an option as well. But the numbers were gigantic on Thanksgiving. We'll get to that in a second. The numbers on Black Friday are awesome, so obviously the NFL.
Speaker 2: Wants to keep stacking. It'll happen. What really matters, though, is this'd be cool if they didn't.
Speaker 3: Though, it's all right.
Speaker 2: Did you guys watch the Eagle and Bears on Black Friday or not? I did not? You didn't either?
Speaker 3: Ben?
Speaker 2: Were you busy or just well? I guess were you working on Black Friday? Or now? Okay? Weird and no interest in watching Bears Eagles on Black Friday? I think it was on. Do you think it was on? But I just thought about it. I don't think it's a college football day. I think it is. I don't know. Sometimes football out, especially after Thanksgiving?
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, three games three good games on Yeah, three games on Thanksgiving was awesome, record breaking games.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that in a second. They were all good. What really matters, though, is this oh M in Knoxville, Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Please say, a seven year old woman Okay, faces DOUI charges she parties after she reportedly struck nine parked cars in an apartment complex on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: That's it. They were in the way.
Speaker 3: Officer say, she showed signs of impairment and did admit she'd been drinking a little after leaving the chop house.
Speaker 1: You know how hard it is to hit nine cars? I'll then ninety going keep going? Yeah yeah yeah, one, sure, maybe two okay?
Speaker 2: Nine? Nine?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, she should get an award. Yeah yeah, it's kind of impressive as a CRASHDOMI.
Speaker 3: They're going to give her a free place to stay for a while.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 1: I think they awarded with a piece of paper. Then she has to pay them. Yeah, it goes that way as well. Nine cars, man, all right, Record breaking numbers Benjamin and Justin Gnzias on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: Did you guys see the number?
Speaker 1: I didn't that the Chiefs Cowboys game drew Now the previous record Ben for a thanks Giving Day game. I'll let you guess first, forty two million. It's going to be up their Cowboys and Giants in twenty twenty two. So just three years ago, Cowboys and Giants forty two point zero six million. What do you think Chiefs Cowboys last Thursday did well?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 7: You bring these things up because it's going to blow a minds uh fifty one million, fifty one million, flash five fifty five Zachary you s got Zach Max.
Speaker 2: I see this one. I'm gonna say fifty fifty on the dot. I saw it. Yeah, forty two was the previous record.
Speaker 1: The Chiefs and Cowboys on Thanksgiving drew fifty seven point two million, making it the most watched regular season game.
Speaker 2: In NFL history totally.
Speaker 1: Packers Lions was the early game that did forty seven point seven, so it temporarily broke the record. The Bengals and Ravens did twenty eight point four million, which is the most watched primetime Thanksgiving Day game ever just Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, and they've been doing that game. The primetime game has been five years. Is the third one? Yeah? I don't remember when they added the third one. It feels like a little bit longer than that. Why would the numbers jump that much? That seems well.
Speaker 1: First of all, the matchups were good right back in the day when the Lions were just unwatchable.
Speaker 2: That made it tough.
Speaker 1: Now you have you have three on paper pretty good matchups, or three pretty good storylines, and I guess people said, let's just sit around and do nothing all day. Fifty seven million, man. Wow, good for the NFL, unstoppable for us. What really matters is this all right?
Speaker 3: I'm glad we got to this, because this is pretty good. It was on this day, guys, December fourth, in nineteen twenty eight, almost one hundred years ago.
Speaker 2: The Dapper Dan Hogan.
Speaker 3: I'm a Dapper Dan Man, a saloon keeper and mob boss, was killed by a car bomb. Nineteen twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Car bomb.
Speaker 3: Somebody planted a car bomb under the four boards of his new page pai Ge Page Coop. Doctors worked all day to try to save him. Racketeers, police characters, businessmen all cued up at the hospital to donate blood for their ailing friend, who was known as the Irish Godfather.
Speaker 2: Dapper Dan Hogan.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you a question? Yeah, since you and I both loved the movie Old brother were out there. Anybody else here loved that movie because it's fantastic Coen Brothers, then.
Speaker 2: Give me yeah, I saw it. Oh man, I love it. Yeah. I was like, that's fine.
Speaker 1: I didn't know Dapper Dan was a real thing at all until you just said it, right. I just assumed it was from the movie, right, I didn't know that was real, Dapper Dan. Did you really have hair products? Or is that just that's the nod to him? I don't know, but I do know this, that would be unbelievable if he's a mob boss and.
Speaker 3: Died around nine pm. His murder is still unsolved. His murder happened just off Seventh Street in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Really didn't hit it, that's right.
Speaker 3: Hogan was a pillar of the twins that he's underworld. His downtown saloon, The Green Lantern, catered to and laundered money, of course, but that's what they say.
Speaker 1: I don't believe if he had twins of these connections, there's gotta be no chance that the Coen Brothers didn't do that on purpose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I still his innocence, Oh for sure, Yeah, he didn't do it. Uh, he catered to bank robbers, bootleggers, safe crackers, which I mean, come on, safe crack. Don't call me the like I'm a dangerous man. I might be a cracker. Got to really narrow it down when you're looking for people.
Speaker 2: I can't be mad. I'm ruled out for what.
Speaker 3: Our next bachelor Susane Susie way you're looking for him? Man, I just want a safe cracker.
Speaker 2: To Minnesota anyway.
Speaker 3: He was an expert at diffusing pet arguments, keeping feuds from getting out of hand, and the what was called The Morning Tribune which later became the Star Tribune.
Speaker 2: Said, Uh.
Speaker 3: He he kept the heat out of town, which made him a friend of many lawbreakers and a valuable asset to the people.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: He was a peacekeeper. He was he was dapper Dan. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He is said to have been responsible for keeping Minneapolis Saint Paul from becoming the bloody town the Chicago did.
Speaker 2: Wow. But he was killed by a car bomb off Seventh Street in Saint Paul, probably by Capone.
Speaker 3: How dare you Capone was innocent of all charges, Like was just misunderstood.
Speaker 1: Capone was the opposite of a safe cracker. He was extremely dangerous.
Speaker 2: When do things escalate beyond petty. Yeah. Well, now.
Speaker 3: Get you.
Speaker 1: Read the part of the article again where it says, like what he was good at the petty argument?
Speaker 2: What does it say?
Speaker 3: I said, let's see, uh uh. He was an expert at diffusing petty argument, keep going confuse from getting out of hand, and and keeping the heat out of town.
Speaker 2: So he's essentially Chad Abbit. That's great.
Speaker 1: That's what Chad's entire job is is just diffusing petty arguments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the mob kept giving him the heat, give him responsibilities for other gangs, even out of city gangs that he didn't really want to have to deal with. Right, don't start your car today, Abbit says here he died by drop foot.
Speaker 2: Gave him a well place to whack on the back.
Speaker 1: He's always taking trap that so did Dapper Dan. It sounds like, man, he's a safe cracker.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I will say one thing.
Speaker 7: The mobsters are great about committee murder and never getting caught.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they don't do it.
Speaker 7: Somebody mafia murders yeah man, just a car bomb, Yeah, just your random car bomb.
Speaker 2: Remember somebody have a ring cam?
Speaker 1: No not at the time they and if they did, they would have just told us they saw a coyote in their backyard.
Speaker 2: Remember when Clooney says, I don't want fuck, I'm a Dapper Dan man. It's such a good take five of those hairnets. God, I love that movie so much.
Speaker 3: So good Man December fourth, nineteen twenty eight. A nitro glycerin explosive Oh I learned something elegend and the cars undercarriage. And by the way, when he pressed his foot on the pedal, the bomb went off and nearly severed his right leg.
Speaker 2: He died from blood loss.
Speaker 1: Oh that wasn't pretty, yep Man, so far before Goodfellas or Casino, any of those movies in the nineties.
Speaker 2: How cool. That's awesome. I mean, not that he got blown up in a car, but the years ago honoring Dapper Dan. So let's make the stappor Dan day day.
Speaker 1: We're gonna find out this is like Columbus, that he was so much more problem. We're it's gonna be the start of you like power trop morning joke, praises well known you know child abuser races cracker.
Speaker 2: He's just the worst, the opposite of Dapper. The news is next Fargo flashes here. Ben Leber is here This is the power tree, Monty Chill on the fan