Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 1: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed. This is petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros papada Gas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith the Pip the Pie. Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show wherever you get your podcasts. Now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is kind of heavy. I didn't know. I well. Words do not express thoughts very well. They always become a little different immediately after they are expressed, a little distorted, a little foolish. Dog menck Petrosen MONEYLA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app Yes, this hour. We promised at some point this hour Dave damascheck in for Phillo Day. Hello, appreciate you. Hello of a first hour Attacks appreciation interviews, Trips down memory lane, childhood, I don't know pleasant pleasant thoughts from childhoods.
Speaker 3: There were some ugly things set them in the first.
Speaker 2: If you want to hear them, you can listen to them on the podcast AM five seven to LA Sports. That's the tab on the iHeartRadio app. The app now has the ability to set presets, so it's just kind of like your old timey radio. You got your five favorite stations that you want to stream right there on the front once you open the app. Make AM five seventy LA Sports one of those. But today big day for us because it is the culmination of NFL Week on the Petros and Money Show, and we are giving away our grand prize, the two nights stay at Resorts World Las Vegas four pack of tickets to see Raiders Broncos. Before that, though, we got to give away our fifth and final one hundred dollars gift card to the NFL Shop, So continue to listen this hour. Between now and the end of the next segment, we will be giving away that one hundred dollars gift card, making you the final finalist and a potential winner, because we got to run this thing up to legal in order to make it all good on the up and up. So between now and the next segment, winner one hundred dollars NFL Shop gift card top of the hour. Next hour, we're going to announce the winner for the grand prize, and be sure to check out Good Morning Football over time weekdays at four pm on Fox eleven Plus. It's a great show. And if you heard mant Titaya with us earlier this week, a great NFL analysis in there, Dave. We're good through one hour. We have we have not three, two hours and about forty minutes to go. We're good.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm happy to sit here through the night if you if you'd like to do that, especially if we have some modella to crack from that fridge right behind me.
Speaker 2: What do we got oo? We only have two surfside raspberry lemonade and vodka.
Speaker 3: What a disappointment.
Speaker 2: Or a black cherry lemonade in vodka. Now that's a little better, right, that's more of my flavor. I like a nice cherry. Okay, I could do that. There we go that.
Speaker 3: I will do. Crack that one open and answer me this. We were talking about boyhood Matt money Smith on the South side of Chicago, and he, of course, like any Chicago and I assume of a certain age, wore a Walter Payton thirty four, but then you transition into a number nine. Jim McMahon, the question is now, in the year of Our Lord, twenty twenty five, if you had that NFL shop loot and could buy yourself one jersey, yes, who is the jersey you would purchase in all of pro football?
Speaker 2: It is a great question because it allows me to stand on my soapbox and preach what I have now preached having seen it. I've been calling NFL game since two thousand and eleven, and it's a constant reminder that if I'm not a jersey guy, I like the hooded sweatshirt. I like, you know, I like wearing team gear, but I prefer like I'm gonna get like the coolest looking hooded sweatshirt or windbreaker or something that's just more my style. But if you're gonna buy a jersey, do yourself a favor and buy one of the greats. Just buy someone who is retired who the legacy cannot be changed. They can't fall apart, they can't demand a trade, they can't be a two year You know, I saw we were just in Tennessee, and I saw at least I'd say at least and to me, this is a big number, at least five will Levis jerseys, like.
Speaker 3: Don't do that in the age of agency. You're absolutely right, it can get sideways and those jerseys ain't cheap.
Speaker 2: So a number twenty seven, a George, get a number twenty seven, eighty George, get a number ninety. Javon Kurz smart and you're good. There's that, you know, A Steve McNair, just like a hell get a number forty one Lorenzo Neil. It's what you should do. So, yes, that's what I would if I if I were forced to buy a jersey, I would buy a Lorenzo O'Neil.
Speaker 3: Or who he blocked for LT. But of course Ladanian will tell you a great story that on his record breaking touchdown that season, the guy who was always running right in front of him, Low Neil, fell down and he had to jump over him on the end zone.
Speaker 2: Low Low He's you know I do. I do the pod with him every week on Wednesdays, the Charger Podcast, and he's got the best stories, and it's like, this is what's sort of funny about football players, and it's certainly it's not it's not fair to put them all in the same category. But it's just an observation of having and you've talked to a million of them, and we've worked with so many of them. They but it is funny how the further Petros has said this all the time as well, the further you get from the ball at snap kind of less about football you are like when you when you end up into these football like with Lowe, who had to essentially just put his face into physical violence every single snap. He's just one of the most genuine has an incredible memory for every single play, how important all of his teammates were, like it was never about him, it was all about all stot and it was and one of the great things that people don't remember. And when I went to Tennessee, he said, money, listen, you going it in them lines on Halloween Night and you want to go into those one of those bars, you just call me. You call me and you show who you're talking to to the bouncer and they're gonna let you ride in. I was like, really, just from your couple of years and Tennis goes. I fielded the Music City Miracle. Remember I had to toss the ball to Frank. Frank did not receive that onside kick. I received the on side kick, had to locate why check within a split second for this thing to work. And I'm the one that pitched the ball so the Music City miracle could get set up. In the first cop depletely forgot about everybody. Does you know what serendipity in terms of conversation, because one Petros papadak Is tweeted earlier today that it is the anniversary. However long ago it was eighty two. I think of the play cal Stanford, the pitch, playoffs, the kickoff, the band is on the field and all of that, and what you see halfway through that play, if you look at it closely at all, is somewhere around midfield. The guy has the ball and he doesn't just his knee doesn't just touch the field before ela. I mean, he's been down for a second.
Speaker 3: It's a long time. And it does make me think if you went back and had replay review, how many plays you would disrupt in sports history, specifically in football history. That's a great question. But also I like your idea about the retro jerseys, the whatever. The opposite of retro is the uh, the sage, the depressiant Daniel Son, I still am fascinated to buy this all these years later. You know Daniel LaRusso, he's a Jersey kid, right, and he moves out to the valley not too far from where Dave Damishik made his roots. A number of years ago.
Speaker 2: You got yourself one of those nice pools in the middle of your apartment complexes.
Speaker 3: Don't get me.
Speaker 2: I know it's one of your things. That's why I did it.
Speaker 3: Please, please, don't get me upset. I'm trying to have a nice time. Miagi.
Speaker 2: There it comes.
Speaker 3: He has his qualities obvious certainly. You know he knows the ancient art and he knows how to teach it. But also had a used free child labor. I don't know what name you want to put on that, but he did that. But before any of that, oh.
Speaker 2: Back in that time, that was how you taught lessons to young children. You know you what making it? You know you got to get your hands dirty. You want a reward, well you got to put in some sweat equity if you're going to get the reward. Something don't come. Some is one thing.
Speaker 3: Fourteen hours on your hands and knees, scraping sanding down on the deck so that you have a nice second home. He's a maintenance man. You understand at the wax the car. This is good for us to talk about that only forty something years ago, that.
Speaker 2: It's all muscle memory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're the one who brought me into this. Now listen. The point is he is a maintenance man for this apartment complex. But he's busy with his bondz eye trees so much so that that when Laruso and his mom show up to move into their new home, they're like, oh, we have a pool. It'll be nice and so cow they get there and it's a cesspool about a third full of dirty water. Clean the pool, your work man, This an't time for you to be trimming your trees getting a pool. If you have some extra time, then you know, well we'll talk, right But okay, Laruso, he has no friends. He's a newcomer, right. He goes to the Halloween party. Indeed, he has the worst costume you've ever seen in your life. He doesn't know anybody, so what does he do. He goes as a shower. A shower.
Speaker 2: It's very awkward, hard to talk to anybody because you've got this massive footprint thing.
Speaker 3: Even if you have friends, it's a weird thing to do. And maybe if you if you have a lady friend, now maybe you're cooking with Dash, you get, Yeah, a shower shower too, about a shower. Ain't nobody joining him in that shower? But underneath that he has on a tattered number eighty nine San Diego Chargers West Chandler, Jersey. He just moved here from Jersey. When did he become a Chargers fan? Wasn't on any trip in La. It wasn't in La because the Chargers, like I just said, played in San Diego. What the hell?
Speaker 2: Three words for you? Miracle in Miami.
Speaker 3: Think a gang.
Speaker 2: Think about how many kids came to love those iconic Charger Royal blues and Dan Fouts and that particular crew from that much much like I'm sure you experienced. And every neighborhood had the Miami Dolphin fan because they got to look at those uniforms and they got to look at number thirteen and what he was doing, and they were just like the hell with my old man, I'm a Dolphins fan. You're right, Dan Marino. So I bet that with the West.
Speaker 3: I almost was won over by those Dolphins. I hated the Chargers because they had vanquished the Steelers. But yes, that was and still maybe stands as the single greatest football game of the Super Bowl era. The Miracle of Miami. That really people talk about Kellen Winslow and he had the heat stroke and they had to carry him off the field with the thirteen catches, and he blocked a field goal and the heroics of David Woodley gets replaced when West Chandler returns a punt to make it twenty four to nothing in the Orange Bowl against the home Dolphins. They put in Don Shula says, go to the pen, give me Don Strock, the greatest relief pitcher in pro football history. He comes in and hooking ladder to Duriel Harris on the last play the game. What it boiled down to, though, was, and it's the undercovered element of this great game. It was a battle of Bavarian kickers. It was Ouve von Shaman.
Speaker 2: One of the history of the NFL.
Speaker 3: Bested by Rolf Banershka right about that two German fellas Settlin ar Hatch. It was eight side. It was a different time. You had to go international. If you wanted to find. I mean, think about the number of international kickers we had back then that worst I shouldn't say stars, but were the kickers of their time. That's right. At some point we transitioned into going American maid we we refused to. I'm not as much. I assume we still have some guys from overseas.
Speaker 2: Theossi punters, for sure. Yeah, the guy at uh have you seen the guy at Hawaii? The Japanese guy. Oh no, the Tokyo tow Oh no, Yeah, he's uh he is. Petros brought it up yesterday I think, or maybe the day he brought up the day before. He is like twenty two for twenty two one extra points, or like thirty three for thirty three on extra points, in like twenty two for twenty two on field goals. The Tokyo to Kenzi Matsuzawa. There we go, Kenzai Matsuzawa.
Speaker 3: This may be counterintuitive, but I sincerely advocate the kickers are too good now, and they're warping the point of the sport or the strategies that coaches want to employ and that we desire as fans. The swinging of legs shouldn't settle so many games, especially from sixty yards away. I say we ban side side winding kickers legitimately and go to head on kickers. Paul Hornig, the legend the Golden Boy in the early sixties. In his last year as the Packers plays kicker, along with being there to do it all offensive star made one third of his field goal attempts. Wouldn't there be a better game? Wouldn't there be a more fun thing for it? Not to be guaranteed every time you get over the fifty yard line to assume, well, we have three points bank now, now we just can we score a touchdown?
Speaker 2: Many people say no kickers, Okay, let's get rid of them all.
Speaker 3: That's that's a little severe for me. Head on though, can be fat, Yeah, can have half a foot like Tom Dempsey did.
Speaker 2: How do you think you kicked that sixty three yard or whatever?
Speaker 3: The hell? He had a two iron in his shoe. Let we celebrate it, by the way.
Speaker 2: To Tokyo to learn to kick field goals and extra points from YouTube. Look at that, Wow, Tokyo to I just hope for my kids. Yet we said a word number song. We'll do that in our next segment and we'll give away that gift card right when we come back, Like right when we come back, Chris, we'll give away that gift card. That's next.
Speaker 1: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast, a preset on the iHeartRadio ap using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.
Speaker 2: Road Trip, all summer with LA Sports. All right, right now, we told you we wouldn't make you wait long eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. That last one hundred dollars gift card to the NFL Shop, and you are our final finalist to win the grand prize, two nights at Resorts World, four tickets to Raiders v. Broncos at Allegiance Stadium on December seventh. We'll give that away in about a half hour. But right now, caller ten eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy, our final finalist for the NFL Shop gift card and the qualifier for the grand prize. Drawing there now, we have to keep this on the up and up.
Speaker 3: This can't be We can't subjectively choose this person. This has game show type rules. It legal is involved.
Speaker 2: Right, and it's and it's from the NFL, so it's like NFL rules as well. So we have to get our winner here and then this winner, along with the other four winners, are sent upstairs where we are not welcome. We are you know, we we are down here in the slums of the radio world.
Speaker 3: Got the ag Pass Kick competition or what.
Speaker 2: It's just kind of like legals gotta take the five finalists and apparently they have some sort of hopper up there, you know. I don't know if it's a bingo wheel or what, but they're the ones that have to select the grand prize.
Speaker 3: I'd like to select it based on how they're going to spend the loot. I'd like to vet these people.
Speaker 2: Well, the loot is just a prize, like there's oh, you mean one hundred dollars one hundred dollars, Well that we choose. Kate's just got who's our winner, Kates? The winner was Edgar Fernandez from the nine to four nine. Yeah, Edgar, I hope you're a real Edgar. That's what I'm hoping. So, Edgar Fernandez is our final finalist. Kate's has now packaged our five winners together. He will take it upstairs, hand deliver it in a briefcase that's locked and being monitored by Ernst and Young.
Speaker 3: And then I was gonna say, is David Stern gonna be digging around in a bag right looking for a chili slip of papers?
Speaker 2: My idea was is a former programmer, you know, I was always sort of I'm always very hyper focused on contesting, and how can we maximize our listen listenership for people that just want to win prizes, you know, and increase people that are exposed to the Petros and Money Show. And Dave damashek where can they hear you now?
Speaker 3: Dave Football, American Football? Find your podcast? Stay it on YouTube.
Speaker 2: YouTube, so they're turned on to you. And and maybe they weren't aware of you and all of you know, the things that you've observed over your many years on this earth of ours, this this big blue marble, Like what is why is Miyagi you know, shirking his maintenance duties to trim some mini trees while the pool at the apartment complex falls in?
Speaker 3: It doesn't just survive live, but do it on your own time? Man, You're getting paid to clean the pool exactly right?
Speaker 2: It cost me rent charge extra thirty bucks a month back then I've got a working pool. But point being, I wanted to give it away. And then ten minutes in that same segment later do the grand prize drawing, like, hey, not only are you gonna win that final finalist, but bang right away, here's your grand prize. That's how we maximize our listenership. In Kates is like, I can't do it, can't do it. It's like, why can't we do it? What's the problem?
Speaker 3: I can't do it?
Speaker 2: So got to send it upstairs the legal it's the NFL, the shields in vaults. I saw a quizz show. Yeah, so there you go. Yeah, we don't want a quizz show. Wildly underrated film, by the way, I.
Speaker 3: Believe pretty good, maybe the best year for movies in the history of people.
Speaker 2: One of Redford's many overlooked triumphs. Quiz Show, River runs through It also fantastic.
Speaker 3: A wonderful movie, and a great sad end and a great novel as well, even as they always say the novel is a little bit better than the picture, and the picture is wonderful.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I always felt the need to do it, but I always do, and I can't help myself now. I just can't hold my tongue. I always say Redford fantastic, but he's no Paul Newman. I just can't. I don't know why I feel the need to pit those two against each other. They're both brilliant, they're both sensational. But for whatever reason, I feel like too many people hold Redford.
Speaker 3: Here's my outing well, because he's a handsome devil like Brad Pitt. People almost the looks. I'm not gonna get in the complaining right now, but you know I've been there very often. You know, no matter what you got going on the inside, you know how much how much information you look the brain up with, and no matter how big the heart is very hard just look at the service. Yeah, I have a mirror. I see what you see. Sure it's terrific, it's it's ruggedly handsome. But there's something underneath that matters too. That's me. But anyway, hot take for you see, if you agree with this, we tend to lie in eyes, we tend to genuflect to. I mean the same thing in sports, you know Bill Russell as the greatest basketball player of all time, or would be would be impossibly, he would defect. He would take down Shack. No, he wouldn't. He's six foot nine. He would He would be out moded. He would have no place in today, much like Wayne Gretzky might not have much of a role in today's NHL or at least even No that well, that's inaccurate. Mary Olemieu would die the NHL. He would laugh, but he would. He would not. Wayne Gretzky would not be he would be an all star. He would not be the Wayne Gretzky, you know. Now, that's all you know. These are things So Redford or whoever Clark Gable or whoever you want to sing songs about from decade Eryl Flynn, Fine, you know who maybe the greatest movie star of all time?
Speaker 2: Don't say Tom Cruise.
Speaker 3: Tom Cruise. That's exactly who I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: Now, I guess now it's all coming. Everybody's doing the Tom Cruise thing. Now, what do you mean, everybody's doing well, he just got the honorary Oscar and so all of these long form pieces about Tom Cruise is our last great superstar? Is our movie star? You know, a true shining star on the hill, someone who puts together.
Speaker 3: Did you see the Last Mission? Impossible?
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it. It was like part seven of a seven part series. Yet I took my daughter and she was like, what's going on? I was like, oh yeah, I forgot. You got to see the three prior to understand.
Speaker 3: All right, listen to Daniel day Lewis, who may or may not actually act since he since he abused himself in the lifestyle of the character, so then he becomes that guy. He's great, But would he launch himself on a on a motorcycle going one hundred miles an hour off of a cliff.
Speaker 2: He would not take the role, but he hang.
Speaker 3: Himself off of a bye plane. Literally.
Speaker 2: Daniel day Lewis doesn't want to be Ethan Hunt. He wants to be a cripple that has to write with his foot.
Speaker 3: But that's but that's what Cruse does, didn't you didn't you see Jerry Maguire did rain Mans Magnolia. I'm not urging he's splendid in these pictures.
Speaker 2: I prefer I prefer to to eat at a different restaurant.
Speaker 3: All right, well, I'll go that was all Australia and DiCaprio.
Speaker 2: Don't you ever say a bad word about DiCaprio.
Speaker 3: You won't hear it from me. Once upon a time in Hollywood alone?
Speaker 2: Is at alone?
Speaker 3: What's eating Gilbert Grave?
Speaker 2: Come on right now?
Speaker 1: You ever?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Not okay?
Speaker 1: Personally?
Speaker 2: I like basketball diaries.
Speaker 3: Boy, you guys are getting suddenly you're you're it's the guys behind the glass getting way back.
Speaker 2: And we start talking about the movies and everyone, you know, everyone can kind of weigh in because there's no wrong answer our.
Speaker 3: DiCaprio and Pitt this generation's Newman and Redford, who we must compare for the for the remainder of their respective lives.
Speaker 2: Sure, did the two of them ever act in a movie together?
Speaker 3: I just said, once upon a time in Hollywood?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 3: I know they did.
Speaker 2: But going back to uh, Redford and Newman.
Speaker 3: No, they never were in a movie together. Is that a real question? Tim Kates? No, it's not.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now I'm confused.
Speaker 2: Now now you know what? Now Kate's has piqued my interest? Does he not know?
Speaker 3: But cas, is there any other that you could name and don't without the benefit of a laptop in front of you the sting Yes, oh there.
Speaker 2: You one of the great instrumentals that you could live. There are very few instrumentals that you can throw on and be like, I'm going to listen to this until it's conclusion, and the Sting is one of those. The entertainer is the name of the song.
Speaker 3: It's all this all is a straw man conversation because the correct answer, Harrison Ford, he goes, We've talked about this. The window you're talking about streak is unbeaten for him, I I don't have it in the right chronology. It goes something like Empire strikes back, Raiders is the last Dark Blade Runner, Return of the Jedi, then another.
Speaker 2: Doctor Jones at film.
Speaker 3: He's great in.
Speaker 2: It, but it's not a great film. I'll give you Raiders, and I'll give.
Speaker 3: You it's iconic. It wraps up this star It's not terrible there it actually is. If you go back and watch it, it's hard to watch. Like you can watch Star Wars and you could watch Empire, but we Walks are not great. It's not you know, the Java stuff is great. It starts up, but then like once it gets to the middle, it's like, oh this thing is it's it's not doing what it's supposed to do here. This is sort of the beginning of the end of the Star Wars franchise that we're watching. I don't I'm not gonna argue too hard on that one. But again, Harrison Ford, the human being, volunteered the best idea that was rejected, which was, if you want to add some gravity to this, to this wrap up of the trilogy, kill Han solo. That would have been a great move. Star Wars, Raiders, Blade Runner, Jedi. Oh and I should have said Empire, not Star Wars. So Empire Raiders, Blade Runner, Jedi, Temple of Doom. And then how about these two back to back, Witness and Mosquito Coast. I mean, John Book is a great sho.
Speaker 2: John Book is one of the great characters. Witness is one of the most wildly.
Speaker 3: It makes his love on an Amish woman right inside like great. It doesn't even take him long to wear her down. She just swoons for him. You call a guy like that rolling through these parts. If I were an Amish woman, I would do the exact same thing she did. Who's gonna know, true, right, she's not gonna tweet about it. Came absolutely But Book is a great character, of course. But if you're an actor, you're immediately in the top ten if you play doctor Indiana Jones or Han solo or Rick Deckard in Blade Runner. He did all three in the span of like five years. Or Ryan Oh my, I don't know if I can pick myself off the floor. He's the greatest movie star of all time.
Speaker 2: It's pretty hard to beat.
Speaker 3: Never won an Oscar or anything. No, No, should have President of the United States. Right, don't you come here bark at me like some junkyard dog. Only you know aim as Kyle Shanahan has had nothing but great quarterbacks except for Trey Lance. Everybody's got their one. Unfortunately, Harrison Ford had regarding Henry not great. Gets shot in the head, turns dippy but more lovely. But but but his heart grows, he loses.
Speaker 2: I don't think I ever saw it.
Speaker 3: He loses his intellect, but he makes up for it and how with a big, big heart. Weird, weird message.
Speaker 2: Interesting. I don't think I ever saw it. And it seems like a film that would be on cable all the time. Go do yourself a favor tonight. Well, I guess you're gonna go see your daughter playing.
Speaker 3: Good for you. I'm jealous of you. But when you have some free time. You're the Chargers are on a bye this weekend. Do yourself a favor if you haven't seen it. Rogue one, that's one of the three. That's one of the three best of the Star.
Speaker 2: Wars because it's not like a Star Wars film everybody dies. It's great, like it's marvelous. Spoilerly, it's ten years old. Not that big of a da.
Speaker 3: Well, we already knew that. Canby tells it to Skywalker and you know.
Speaker 2: How they got it exactly. Ronnie still got to do a song of the day, still got to do Yeah you do. Ronnie still got to do some NFL picks. I did so much sports prep and Shek comes in and this is what happens, and it's wonderful. We'll be back Ronnie, Song of the Day, the Grand Prize, drawing all those great things as Shek is in for p here on a five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Hello, PMS listener, Did you know Am five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts. There's Rogan and Rodney.
Speaker 2: That one is my favorite.
Speaker 3: Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger podcast of.
Speaker 1: Record, Clipper Talk, without a musk.
Speaker 3: Follow us all and many more.
Speaker 1: Just go to Am five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: All right, quick one here, quick one here. I got to get my picks in because you know so, I mean, come on, dude, that long last Let's pick some prof real quick, real quick. I'll do uh. I'll do number the day here, really number the day one in zero after taking the Texans. Took the Texans in the five and a half last night, So thank you Houston forgetting me that I am going to take because I went oh for four last week. So I got some scar tissue and I'm upset with some teams. I want to take the Chiefs, but they did me dirty last week, so I'm gonna take the hook. The hook's bringing me back. I'm going to take the Colts and the three and a half. I lost two games on the hook last week, so I want.
Speaker 3: You better not lose straight up or they may really be done.
Speaker 2: I like I like that defensive indie. I just feel like Amo's just starting to get things right. Sauce is healthy. It's another week of getting settled and figuring it out. So you're predicting that the Chiefs. You're trying to thread win. I'm gonna thread the needle here. I think the Chiefs win, but I think it's a tight, tight game. I hope they lose. You know, my hope as a Charger guy is that they lose. I would love them to be five and six.
Speaker 3: Imagine if they're not one of the seven teams in the tournament from the AFC side, it'd be wild.
Speaker 2: But it's a very real possibility. There's a chance the tiebreakers that they need to win this or.
Speaker 3: Thee that people aren't talking about that much is with Joe Burrow back with the Bengals. If since he knocks off the Ravens, there's it's plausible that the Ravens are gonna miss it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna take the Rams minus seven. I'm gonna take the Jags and lay the three in Arizona. And to honor you, Dave, I'm gonna take the Steelers in the two and a half points. I think that defense can rattle Caleb CAUs some turnovers, some short field run the ball, just defensively get that win, like a fifteen to ten kind of thing or something like that.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm bullish. Or if I didn't have a rooting interest, I would be bullish on the Bears taking care of business.
Speaker 2: I think that's the reverse jinkson you.
Speaker 3: Well, Burger loses this one drops the six and five day and going to the playoffs. But then again, like I just said about the Ravens, you may wind up with the AFC North being champiing nine and eight.
Speaker 2: Do you have a word of the day?
Speaker 3: I do, and it's about his word.
Speaker 1: The word of the day.
Speaker 3: One of the stars of the aforementioned Kansas City Chiefs. They're tight end. He's been in the news and not just about football the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: I noticed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Travis Kelcey. He says he's still undecided on his football future. The thirty six year old is in the last year of his contract. He reiterated the day that he doesn't know if he's going to retire or come back for what would be his fourteenth season in twenty six. He plans to decide on whether to return to the Chiefs by early March, before free agency.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks for considering us.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, you're really jamming up your team a little bit to carry it that long. And by the way, I feel like he is the Chief's touchdown leader on pace for his eighth season with over one thousand yards. Pretty good season for a thirty six year old man. He's no longer the straw that stirs the drink in that offense, though he's gonna retire right now.
Speaker 2: I assume so.
Speaker 3: I mean I patched those Taylor Swift checks. If that's Betta ball, I will bet that he hangs it up.
Speaker 1: This is the Song of the Day.
Speaker 4: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is the title of today's Song of the Day from singer, musician and actor from the nineteen fifties and sixties, Guy Mitchell, specifically selected for today to welcome in a man from the great state of Pennsylvania with a wealth of NFL knowledge that he's willing to share who loves a good close up. It's our friend in proud pittsburgher Dave Damashek, who's been kind enough to lend his time to fill in for Petros on This frog Man Friday, where the third and final four hour edition of Great Sports Talk this Week is well underway. As we conclude the radio program and send you off to the Jason Smith Show on Fox Sports Radio comes seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Ronnie.
Speaker 5: Got a little story action for you, a little top story of today. In the next segment, we'll also have Jovann Boja talking about Andrew Friedman overseeing the UH or at least becoming an advisor to the front office of the Lakers.
Speaker 3: Yes, KapS, he's got our grand prize winner announcement.
Speaker 2: Next that we're doing Grand prize announcement next about eight, there's a
Speaker 1: Monsoor Pennsylvania and I've just gotta get five ten five ten