Speaker 1: Broadcasting across the La Todgers audio network on the iHeartRadio Apples level.
Speaker 2: But another state who could do it lightly another yea.
Speaker 3: Like the best player he's ever seen.
Speaker 1: Welcome into a playoff edition of Morongo Casino Tochers on deck. It's a whole new season, now your pregame. Look at the world champion La Todchers.
Speaker 4: Oh that'll show up.
Speaker 2: Road still goes through lay Girls in season.
Speaker 5: Not at SLBC, my hosmisimposition.
Speaker 1: If you want to come be now your host walking you up the first pitch, Golden go.
Speaker 2: It's Tim Cake. Hiverybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casinos Dodgers on dec a playoff edition of your official Dodger pregame show as your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers are in Milwaukee American Family Field to be exact for Game two of the twenty twenty five National League Championship Series. Dodgers won this series opener last night in a thriller, and tonight they look to make it two straight and come home with a two to zero series lead. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound, first pitch coming up at five oho eight. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morago Casino Dodgers on deck, including hearing from Dodger third baseman Max mon Seed. David Say our Dodger insider. He joins us throughout the hour.
Speaker 5: We got your.
Speaker 2: Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, Kirsten Watson from Sports in n LA, who you can see pre impost on TV, will join us from the field in Milwaukee. We'll hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts get his game two pregame thoughts. In just a few minutes, we head out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Last night in Milwaukee, it was a pitching clinic put on by Snell.
Speaker 5: Zilla. Hello Blake Snell.
Speaker 2: Eight shutout innings, allowed just one hit and that hit that he gave up. He let the pick off the runner at first, so didn't matter. Ten strikeouts for Blake Snell, one hundred and he pinches. He left the game with the lead as the Dodgers in the sixth. Then he Freddy Freeman broke up a tie game full count.
Speaker 5: Patrick's payoff.
Speaker 6: Freeman hits win high in the air right field, drifting back Turio on the warning track.
Speaker 5: He's at the wall.
Speaker 2: It is gone.
Speaker 7: Freddie Freeman with a sky scraping home run here in game one, a ball that just kept gone, carrying and carrying and carrying out, and so Freeman breaks the ice with a solo home run one nothing Dodgers in the sixth.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you what that ball was hit up in trade table territory. I'm talking about planes coming in to land.
Speaker 5: He crushed that home run, a solo shot to right.
Speaker 2: That's the top tier play the game, brought to you by Arco quality, top tier gas for less. That one run would be enough for Blake Snell, who was cruising on the mound. Twenty four batters faced, twenty four batters would be in.
Speaker 5: As he was really good.
Speaker 2: Over eight innings, he would leave with ten punchies full count.
Speaker 5: Blake Snell steps back.
Speaker 2: Here's his payoff.
Speaker 7: He struck him out, froze him with a curve ball in Snell Zilla terrorizing Milwaukee with eight shutout innings, a new postseason career high ten punch outs for Blake Snell.
Speaker 2: Still won nothing Dodgers. As we finished the eighth, Blake Snell the eight innings. In the top of the ninth, the Dodgers would load the bases, mookie bets through a basis loaded walk. Dodgers with a huge insurance run up two to nothing, it was it for Blake Snell. Dave Roberts elect you to go to Rookie Sasaki. He's been fantastic up until last night. A base hit, giving up a couple of walks, he left the game. Blake Trinon came in, the Brewer would score a run on a sack fly.
Speaker 5: It was a two to one game.
Speaker 2: The bases were loaded before Blake trying In got a final strikeout to end the game. Dodgers hang on and win last night two to one over the Milwaukee Brewers, as they take a one to oh series lead, and tonight they're back at it Game two from an American family field. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the Hill for the Blue with more we head out to Milwaukee and the gallupin Motors broadcast with as we welcome in Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Guys, Tim katshope you and every Dodger fan out there caught their breath after Game one of the LCS. I know Rick Monday and myself, we were just thrilled to be here and agonized to be watching that game at the same time. But Mo, that was just a classic postseason game and an all time performance from Blake Snell. There was a lot that happened in that one. When we got back to the hotel last night and as you're getting ready to go to sleeper, as you woke up this morning, what was sticking out to you?
Speaker 8: First of all, just trying to get this leeper now? Really for everybody you know, that was a close game and a heartbreaking loss for the Milwaukee in Game one of this championship series. But there were so many things involved in that game. I think with our question, you have to talk about Blake Snell. I mean twenty seven in a row because he did pick off or runner the gut on base. I mean for Snell, if you look at the last six starts, he's worked forty innings, given up only fifteen hits. I want to repeat that, in the last six starts he's worked forty innings, folks, he's given up a total of fifteen hits. Is all his era zero point six y eight. But what he did last night not only people looking at the record books, but the fact that he absolutely was in control of that ballgame from the very first pits that he threw, which was a strike and it was a changeup, and that was the delivery of the message as well. And you know, Pat Murphy, the manager for the Milwaukee Brewers, was talking about the game a little bit earlier this afternoon. He said, look, we kept waiting to push Snell out of his routine, and Snell didn't budge. He stayed with what worked.
Speaker 6: I'll be honest, I was kind of surprised that we never saw the Brewers again the infield hit base running extraordinaire that they are try to disrupt that dropping down a bunch. I mean, they flashed it here and there, but they didn't really execute to try and disrupt that rhythm. I was surprised by that, and I'm curious to see if they try to do that tonight against Yoshinobu Yamamoto here in Game two. But mo, you know, the Dodgers won sixteen to the last twenty postseason games. They haven't lost back to back games, and there now after last night, eight and oher in playoff games decided by two or fewer runs. They're just so experienced in those nail biting postseason games.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know what that means about tonight, Absolutely nothing, because the Dodgers have to do a better job. I full well expect they being the Brewers tried to stoleton base last night and I got picked off, yep, picked off and con steely. I thought that was a big momentum change at the time, and this was this was a ball game last night that we saw with it. Everybody was on the edge of the seats. I don't care who you were rooting for, everybody. And then it comes down to, well, you mentioned the base running. There's some base running we don't want to talk about. Tiascar hernanis owned up to its early this afternoon as best he could. But I think that if the Brewers get on tonight, I think they are going to try and push the issue and send runners, and they've got a lot of guys that can steal bases.
Speaker 6: And the Dodgers should try to push the issue as well and take both games on the road, just like the Mariners did in the ALCS against Toronto, because in postseason history, tim when teams lose the first two at home, in a best of seven series, those clubs are three and twenty five, and in general, when losing the first two and a best of seven, just fifteen and seventy eight all time. The Dodgers have their regular season ace Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount against Freddy Peralta. We'll dive into that pitching matchup and get some keys from O when we visit with you a little bit later.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Nelly, as we cut you down to first. On this Tuesday, Dodger fans get that game day meal on a Shaky's Pizza parlor. Yeah, getting hungry right now, order some pizza chicken Mojo so you can do it all at shakeys dot com. Coming up here on Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from Dodger third baseman Max Moncie. You are gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts get his pregame with thoughts. We'll check in with David Vasse of course throughout the hour, we'll dive deeper into this game two pitchy matchup. But up next we head live to the field in Milwaukee. Heirston Watson from Sports and at LA will join us. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Brewers Game two the National League Championship Series. First pitch at five oh eight. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Kase's.
Speaker 2: World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Brewers on this Tuesday night, Game two in the National League Championship Series.
Speaker 5: Yoshinobu Yama model on the mound.
Speaker 2: First pitch coming up in five oho eight.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kirston's brought to by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now, Friendly agents standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today. Yoshinobu Yama model on the mound and Kirsten if he can duplicate or even get close to what Blake Snell did last night in the series opener, Well, it's going to be a good night for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it would be a huge night. What Blake Snell did last night was essentially a pitching clinic. I mean as much as technically, no, he was not perfect, he was the definition of perfection on the mountain. And what he was able to do yesterday, how he set the toe, how he's limited just any base runner, anything that the Brewers were trying to do. We know that this is a team that has very good back to ball skills, not as much as being and miss and the fact that he was able to bring that into their game was huge. Yes, they were able to get some traffic at the end of the game against the bullpen, but ultimately what Blake Snell did, he just set the tone not only for that game yesterday, but really for this series. So the hope is that Yoshi will be on Loto can do the same thing today. Or for Yoshi and Blake, you know, they've developed a really special relationship in which they essentially break down their starts together. So for Blake yesterday, he wasn't necessarily reliant on that fastball, went more with the breaking stuff. So it'll be interesting to see if Yoshi knows who goes with a similar plan attacking the Brewers. So we'll see what's that. But for Yoshi's last outing here in Milwaukee specifically was less than ideal one you'd probably say it was definitely forgettable. So for Yoshi, he has made some adjustments. He feels like he's in a really good spot coming into this start, so hopefully that will reflect and his performance on the bound As far.
Speaker 2: As the offense is concerned, a lot of hard hit balls, but just not a result. Hopefully the Dodgers can start finding some of that field and scoring.
Speaker 3: Some more runs exactly. And you know, Tasker Frananas, he spoke with the media this afternoon, and you know, it's just kind of like, listen the play in center field yesterday where they thought it wasn't out. He basically in you know, maybe a different word was used, but he was like, I messed that up. You know, it's as simple as that, I made a mistake. And they should afford more runs yesterday, and ultimately they were limited just to too. So they come into this one understanding that, you know, they want to have a few more, they want to cut the tone early, they want to find ways to get to Parolta early in this one. So hopefully they'll be able to do that. But they know, you know, they runs are out of premium come October. But they did have really good at bats and should be in a better position. Should then turn some of those hits and different on base walks, things like that into some more runs to support Yoshinobu today.
Speaker 2: Let's hope that could be the case, Kirsten. We appreciate it. We'll check it with you after the game still to come. Here on Morocco Casino Dodges on Deck, we dive deeper into this Game two pitching matchup. David Vessi joins us throughout the hour. Of course, up next, so we hear the manager himself, Dave robertson his Game two thoughts. It's the National League Championship Series Dodgers and Brewers. First pitch of Milwaukee's in five O eight. I'm Tim kas Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on dep on your home for the Blue.
Speaker 4: All Season Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Milwaukee Brewers is Moroco Casino Dodgers on Deck continues lean you out to first pitch Game two of the National League Championship Series. Marogo casino resort and spy a Grand Slam for good times coming up in about thirty minutes. You're gonna hear from Dodger with third baseman Max Muncie. We got your Dodgers Mexico magical moment coming up as well. But first.
Speaker 4: Questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in the.
Speaker 9: Dugouts with Dave Roberts, I think just thinking about, you know, where they're at as a staff, they're gonna need length out of Freddy and so just to you know, feel that, you know, having Max in the five, I think it just makes a little bit more challenging for him and just understanding that, you know, trying to beat the starter. And I felt this line of construction's the best way to go about it.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Jack down in front.
Speaker 10: How much of a advantages to win a game one in which they have to use so much of their high leverage pitching in the way that game played out.
Speaker 9: It's, uh, you know, as a game when not every win's important, but when you can, you know, win a ballgame and get looks at their leverage guys and they've obviously you know, had to expend a lot of energy getting to this point, and so when you're looking at four games in five days and still securing a win, was was huge for us, and you know, feel good where we're at on the itching side and obviously getting a look at a handful of guys yesterday as well.
Speaker 10: And then in your bullpen, Roki's fastball velocity is ticked down a little bit over the course of the postseason. How much of a concern is that is there? Is that just kind of part of you know, the more you pitch him, the more kind of my legits on the arm or what do you attribute that to?
Speaker 9: You know, that's that's interesting. Yeah, it's we've notified identified that. I don't know the answer. You know, we'll see how today goes. But it's one of those things that we're still in sort of uncharted territory with him, and so we're still gathering information and he's doing every everything he can to stay ready and be ready and be productive. So but it's something that's certainly on our radar. And I don't know if it's you know, I don't think it'd be fatigued, but or if it's mechanical, but it may be a combo like most things are.
Speaker 11: Sonya in the second round, David, would that make Rogie unavailable today? Potentially?
Speaker 9: I wouldn't say unavailable, but it is unlikely that that we'll use him.
Speaker 11: And you know, you've continued to use trying and in some high leverage spots, even with the ups and downs of a season. What has kind of led you to kind of keep that faith in him and wanted to put him in those positions.
Speaker 9: I think it's uh, yeah, I think he I know, he's pitched in huge spots for us. I think he does a great job of handling his emotions. And when you're pitching in playoff games in big spots, it doesn't matter what the season e ra is, it's what you do in a particular moment. And I think that for me, I'm willing to bet on certain players in big spots, regardless of you know, other things that it might have led up to a particular of their moment. And Blake's one of those guys.
Speaker 2: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts. So it sounds like rookie Sasaki probably not available tonight in Game two if needed out of the bullpen, and Blake Tron and kim In closed it out last night. Certainly a guy Dave Roberts leans heavily on. We'll continue here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, and when we do, we will check in live with David Vast says. We are leading you up to first pitch from Milwaukee, Game two the National League Championship Series. Coming up, Dodgers and Brewers. I'm Tim Kasey's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Brewers, Game two the National League Championship Series. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound, trying to duplicate or at least come close to what Blake Snell did last night with the eight shutout innings retiring twenty four up and twenty four down.
Speaker 5: First pitch from Milwaukee coming up, five A eight.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kaits on Dodger's on deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger.
Speaker 2: Insider David ba RDV. Everybody's still buzzing around baseball about that fourth inning double play last night.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and Taoscar Hernandez did not meet with the media after last night's game, but he was in the pregame press conference room today to give his first hand account of what took place and his base running mistake, and he was pretty stand up about it and even used the word that I don't usually hear, Taoscar.
Speaker 4: Use it was one of those plays. If you would have ask me two days ago, what would you do in these situations?
Speaker 5: I would have said, as soon as the ball touched the glove, I.
Speaker 6: Would have gone.
Speaker 5: But in the moment.
Speaker 2: I got blocked, I think, and there's not an explanation, and I just got up.
Speaker 4: It's that's simple.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's gonna be any explanation that it's gonna be occur.
Speaker 5: I saw it when.
Speaker 2: The ball hit the glove, I went, and then I saw I bounce it off the glove and I just react bad, And you know, one of those moments that you blug your mind.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it is. There's nobody to blame by myself, and it happens.
Speaker 4: Yes it does, And there's a new day today.
Speaker 12: Ta Oscar Hernandez not hitting third, Uh, he usually does that against left handers. Freddy Peralta on the mound today, so ta Oscar dropped lower in the Dodgers' batting order. But that's a play that we saw last night that not many people, if anybody, had ever seen, especially in a postseason game, and the chances of seeing it again are very slim.
Speaker 5: Tim David is brought to by Ford.
Speaker 2: It's time to see Ford in a new light. Last night, David, six different Brewer pitchers we saw coming to that game where the Dodgers said, too out of the bullpen? Of course, the eight fabulous innings from Blake SNeW. What is Milwaukee gonna do with their pitching now?
Speaker 12: Well, if you remember they went five games against the Cubs and used a lot of those pitchers in that series, and in that game five yesterday, I know we felt like it was supposed to be a bullpen game. It turned into that for the Brewers, but they were hoping to get at least five innings from Quinn Priester, who came in after Ashby started the game, and the Dodgers I was with a group of players on the way here. I'm not gonna divulge exactly what they were saying. But what they were saying was that they were happy they saw all those relievers in the very first game of the series because they got to look at them.
Speaker 4: And some were even say.
Speaker 12: That the Brewers may have done Otania favor by seeing one of their few left handers in the very first inning of yesterday's game. So the Dodgers are very confident with their scanting report that they have gotten against the Brewers' pitchers and then getting a first hand look at so many different ones that are going to come into key situations the rest of this series. So the Dodgers are feeling pretty good about seeing all those pitchers. And for the Brewers, they've got injuries, no Brandon wood Rough, They're a little bit thin now with their pitching staff. So the Dodgers certainly have the advantage in that and that very important category.
Speaker 2: On the flip side, David, last night we saw Rookie Sasaki and Blake Trent and what do they do tonight late in a game.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's interesting if Dave Roberts would bring Sasaki in second straight game back to back days. And obviously Sasaki's velo is dipping with each and every pitch that he threw. I would venture to say the Dodgers have not lost confidence in Sasaki, but maybe they want to stay away from him even if things didn't go sideways on him in last night's ninth inning, because he's not really used to pitching back to back days, maybe for one hitter. But even if they don't use Sasaki tonight, Tim, it's not because they have lost confidence in him.
Speaker 4: It's about the usage, all right.
Speaker 2: David Gray Stuff will check back in with you. Just a couple of minutes still to come here on Wrongo because you know, Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from Max Monsey. But up next your Dodgers magical moment. Don't go anywhere. Leading up to Dodgers and Brewers Game two of the National League Championship Series. Yoshinobu Yamamoto going through his pregame routine as we speak. First pitch at five oh eight. I'm Tim kais is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Brewers Game two of the twenty twenty five National League Championship Series. Yoshinoba Yamamoto. Freddie Perrault to the pitching matchup. First pitch, coming up at five oh eight.
Speaker 8: Game with a hot.
Speaker 4: Dog who wants a hot coup.
Speaker 5: It's time for the Hawfy.
Speaker 1: Magical Moment Bitch Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Toots Well.
Speaker 2: It's tonight, being Game two the NLCS, we go back to twenty seventeen in the NLCS Game two, Dodgers and Cubs at a Dodgers stadium. Justin Turner late in the game with a walkoff against the Cubbies.
Speaker 13: Turner in the postseason with the Dodgers is twelve for seventeen during the regular season. Three walk off hits Turner with a football the center field. It's way back at the wall, a three run walk off.
Speaker 4: Home run for Justin Turner.
Speaker 13: The Dodgers are up two games to none and they are going crazy.
Speaker 2: Justin Turner delivers with a huge walk off home run off of John Lackey to give the Dodgers a two to oh series lead in the NLCS. Dodgers would go on and win the Championship Series and go on to the World Series, where they were robbed of a World Series Championship because of the cheating Houston Astros. This Hafey magical moment brought to you by Hofey hot Dogs Offy Socow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Offfey hot.
Speaker 5: Dogs Local and so great.
Speaker 2: Well, we continue here on Dodgers on Depth.
Speaker 5: We will check back you old Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: We're leading you up to first pitch from Milwaukee Dodgers and Brewers of Tim Kas' is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on dep.
Speaker 2: On your home for the Blue all season long. It's the Dodgers and the Brewers from Milwaukee, Game two of the National League Championship Series. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the Mountain Time. Now for the Verizon startup, as we're over thirty minutes away from the start of Game two. Now at Verizon, you can lock in your LITW price for three years so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store today and now.
Speaker 1: Joined by David Basse, here's La Dodgers broadcast there and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 12: Rick Game two of the NLCS and I'm not sure we'll see a wacky play like we saw in the fourth inning of last night's game that was You might be the best person to ask, have you ever seen that play in a postseason game?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 8: And I'm not seeing that play in a regular season game. Remember back in New York with Michael Conforta the runner at second base, there was a bobbleed in the outfield on the fly ball. Confordo knew the rules and as soon as the ball was touched, initially on the glove, he took off from second, went to third, the ball went up into the air and it was regrasp. Well, I'm still shocked as many players that don't understand the rules. Oh, there are little rules here and there that are kind of ticky tacky. They're very difficult to follow. For me, that's a basic one and it was put in years and years and years ago because outfielders would be able to to go into a ball that maybe was too deep for them to catch and make a throw. Pop the ball up in the air, purposely, get closer to home plate, pop it up in the air again, get closer to home bleate, then finally catch it and then you have a shorter throw so that's why that rule was put into place, and it was terrible base running, and not just for ta Oskar Hernanez. Will Smith was at second base directing the runner does it first to go back to the bag there as well, so a learning situation. It could have been a lot worse because that could have led to a very big, big inning and disappointing from a standpoint. Bases loaded at that time and went out in the ballgame. And speaking a ballgame, I don't know if you're going to see a a better pitched game than what we witnessed last night with Blake Snell absolutely superb.
Speaker 12: That was almost a perfect game if not for a broken back single from Durban in the third inning. That was as close to a perfect game without it being perfect.
Speaker 8: So let me guess you did not have too many calls last night postgame Dodger talk of complaints.
Speaker 12: No complaints, but some questions about whether or not I would have allowed Snell to go the distance.
Speaker 8: Well, it's one of those things, David. I think this is the perfect time to kind of you know, we're in postseason play. You field a lot of different calls, you do a terrific job on that so I told you last night after the game. Then I punched in some numbers in the computer and I said, can you write a quick poem about David Bassey And that's all it is. This AI stuff really works. So I'm going to bore everyone and exactly what it was it was said, and this is an ode to David Bassa. I did not put in the fact that you were with the Dodgers and doing the postgame show. But here we go in Dodger Blue, beneath the lights, a voice rings true on summer nights. With Mike in hand and heart ablaze, he walks the line through baseball's maze, from dugout steps to press box calls. He braves and hies and stumbles and falls. Yet through it all, with wit and flare, you'll find David Vassy always there, a friend to fans of foe to dull. Each tale he tells is never dull. A crack of the bat, a postgame grin he brings us deep beneath the skin. So here's the day, with style and grace, a steady voice in LA's race. Through wins or losses, one thing's cleared with With Bassay's voice, the game feels near an ode to David Vasse.
Speaker 12: Only your pipes can do ai justice. Munday, I'm very much again.
Speaker 8: We all feel the same way because you do have an inner workings and understand with the players, and you bring it home every night on postgame, and you know, we waited till postseason, but you're still here. So we just wanted to acknowledge that you did a terrific job.
Speaker 12: Well, I just want to let you know. You might not like hearing this. Yeah, I grew up listening to you call games and host weekend Dodger talk back in the day, so there's a standards.
Speaker 8: You were probably one of those little Brady kids who was calling up and complaining you.
Speaker 12: I was too intimidated to call you, but I would call the other guy.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that works.
Speaker 4: We'll send it back here in the studio to my heart is beating.
Speaker 2: Oh that was beautiful, Rick Monday, a little poetry about our own David Vase. How about Angel CITYFC all of October at Bemo Stadium, they're hosting their final home games of the regular season. Take into an info at Angelcity dot com. Plus plan ahead for the twenty twenty sixth season with season tickets from Angel CITYFC, which are also available now at Angelcity dot com.
Speaker 5: Still to come.
Speaker 2: Here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you'll get a preview this pitching matchup. Rick'll be back with Steven Nelson. Not sure there's any more poems still to come. We'll get to the keys of the game. But up next we go high and tight with Max Muncy Dodger and third baseman Dodgers Brewers. Game two of the National League Championship Series is coming up, first pitch at five oh eight. I'm Tim Kas's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Now, as we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on, the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Brewers getting ready, both pitchers warming up Game two of the National League Championship Series. Yoshinovo Yamamoto, Freddie perraulta the pitching Manchup Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers. Audio broadcast went into Game night. It's group Night and Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 12: We're getting set for Game two of the NLS. Yes, I'm join right now by Max Monsey. Max, thanks a lot for the time and congratulations on a.
Speaker 4: Game one win.
Speaker 12: Sure anytime, Dave, I thought you handled it really well after the game last night. How you were a little self deprecating on that fly ball in the fourth inning.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean, look, you have to get a job done right there, and I didn't get it done. You know, I gotta I gotta find a way to say a double play, and you know, next time, I got to be a little bit better.
Speaker 12: You know, this team seems to eat sleep, drink baseball.
Speaker 4: Even on the bus right.
Speaker 12: Here with a group of your teammates, they were still talking about last night, they're talking about today. Has that carried over from last postseason and the success you guys had.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you know, I think there's a little bit of you know, we we talked with this team about culture, about you know what the Dodger culture is that's been created over many, many, many years, and you know, I think last year was kind of the start of a different playoff culture and you know, just a different way of going about business. Once you get October and you know, it's definitely carrying over from last year. And you know, it's really cool to see. It's really cool to see all the guys bought in on it, and you know, ultimately this time of year, nothing else that's going on really matters. It's what are we going to do to try to get a win tonight? And you know, the guys that really bought into.
Speaker 12: That, Max Unfairly, everybody believes that you guys are just so talented. You show up at seven o'clock and things happened. But it feels like you guys don't take for granted the talent that you have and the opportunity you have.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 14: I mean, I've been a part of some extremely talented teams, you know, in my career here with the Dodgers, and.
Speaker 4: You know, you've seen it.
Speaker 14: We've had teams that have won one hundred and eleven games and we get knocked out in the first round. And you know, I've been this. Our team last year didn't win one hundred games. We won the World Series in eighteen, we hardly won ninety games, and you know, we went to the World Series, and you know, it's kind of the same thing this year. It's it's the talent can only take you so far. It's really about how you're preparing and how you're going out there and playing the game. And October talent really means nothing, you know, It's it's if you're going out there and you're expecting the out talent the other team, you're not gonna do very good.
Speaker 4: So you have to you have to be prepared properly.
Speaker 12: You guys have the experience as well. You've won two World Series with the Dodgers. Your first year, like you said, was winning Game seven here in the NLCS. Could you feel the experience factor play out last night?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean, I think I shift. You get in these types of environments. You're on the road for Game one, it's it's loud. They you know, they're playing the music extra loud. It's a you know, you start to feel that a little bit, and you got to find a way to just slow the heartbeat. And you know, you look around the infield and you know, you just you look at guys in the dugout and you just you find a calming presence with everybody. No one's getting too worked up about anything, and you know, it just that that comes from having an experience. If you've never been in this situation, you don't really know how to handle it. And uh, you know, we we've talked many, many years about how there's a lot of teams that play with a ton of emotion in the playoffs and you know, that can get you really far, but it can also be a huge negative. And you know, for us, we've always tried to stay even keel on that. And I think with the experience that we have, that's that's right where we're at.
Speaker 12: Do you remember the postseason game or the postseason series where you became so comfortable and became this guy that doesn't seem like anything phases him.
Speaker 14: No, I just think that's something that happened over time, because I do remember my first postseason and you know, I was really amped up. I was really gearing to get out there, and you know, my I was definitely wearing my emotions on my sleeve, and every good thing that happened, I was, you know, top of my lungs, and every bad thing that happened, I was top of my lungs in a negative way. And you know, I just think that's something that you get over time. And I don't know when that switched for me. And you know, I think it's just having the opportunity to play in so many postseason games.
Speaker 4: Before I let you go.
Speaker 12: I remember when you returned from the IL, you were telling me that you change your pregame routine as far as heating up cooling down with you taking batting practice on the field with the team. Is that a sign that things are more normal for you?
Speaker 4: I'm hoping so.
Speaker 14: No, it's just really more on the road. Your VP time is so close to game time that there's not really a cool down period after BP, and so for me it's a chance to get some work in and that's something that I haven't entirely been able to do. You know, recently has get a lot of work in and you know, we're definitely feeling better film closer to normal, but you still gotta be careful.
Speaker 12: A bout some things, all right, Max, thanks a lot for the time. I know you're getting ready for the game. We'll see after sounds good, there he goes. Max Munsey has been our guest. He's been through this a time or two. He knows what to expect. As we get set for Game two of the NLCS, Max Munsey will receive a gift card to Boulevard Steak, the acclaimed modern steakhouse known for its prime cuts, fresh seafood, and incredible vibe. Just open a new location in Calabasas. To make your own reservation at Boulevard Steak in Calabasas or Sherman Oaks, visit Boulevard Steak dot com.
Speaker 4: Tim, we'll send it back to you.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks a lot of dv Yeah, you think back to how many postseason games now Max Munty has been a part of during this long stretch of run for the Dodgers in October base you go back to twenty eighteen of what he was able to do there against the Boston Red Sox. Really getting onto the scene there with the Dodgers in the postseason leading after first pitch, Dodgers and Brewers coming up. We'll dive deeper into this Game two pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers hunts on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Brewers Game two the National League Championship Series, cut up Dodgers already a one to zero series lead, first pitch at five oh eight, and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 2: In about your Southern California and Toyota Dealers. Work hard, play hard at a New Tacoma with an I Force turbo charts engine. Hit a truck built for the bowls Hee your Toyota dealer today they make it easy. Freddy Perrault on the mound for the Brewers, twenty nine year old right hander at the Dominican Republic, is eighth season now in the Big Leagues. An All Star this year, fastball, changeup, curveball, occasional slider makes thirty three starts during the regular season, where he had seventeen wins. Most of the National League he was seventeen and six with a two to seventy ERA and two hundred and four strikeouts. He made two starts in the NLDS against the Cubs five and two third innings, two runs, four hits, nine strikeouts in a winning game one then took the loss in Game four against the Cupies at wrick Lea Field against the Dodgers in his career four and two with a three to twenty nine erora. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the Mountain. Twenty seven year old right hander made thirty starts during the regular season. He finished amongst the National League leaders an ERA whip opponent's batting average, strikeouts for nine innings and strikeouts, he was top ten in that category. He was pitcher of the Month in April, and he was the pitcher of the Month in September. He had a sub one ra held bat to a sub one hundred batting average in four starts. Remember he also had that no hitter almost in Baltimore in September when he went eight and two third innings. He is making his second start. Make that third start now in the postseason six and two thirty inights against the Reds in the Wildcard round that he went four innings, allowing three runs six hits in a loss to the Phillies in the NLDS. Looking, I have a bounce back game tonight, Yoshinobu Yamamoto. Freddie Peralta the only star they got left in Milwaukee. Will dive deeper into the keys to the game with Steven and Rick coming up. As we're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. I'm Tim Katson. This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Brewers Game two the National League Championship Series from Milwaukee is coming up. We'll head back out to the booth with one final time with the two guys on the call, Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: All right, TC, back at it with Rick Monday. First pitch in just a moment here at American Family Field. Freddy parolta veteran right hand for the Brewers. Yoshinobu yam Moto for the Dodgers. Yamamoto back in a ballpark mode in which he had the shortest outing of his big league career when he saw them in the beginning of July, did not get out of the first inning through forty one pitch, who's got knocked around, didn't record a single strikeout. He's got a chance for some redemption against the Brewers and a chance to bounce back after his first career postseason loss against the Phillies.
Speaker 8: Yet I don't think that Yamamoto will have anything to do with the resemblance of that outing that you're referring to here. He didn't really have any command of any pitch, including that splitter. I think that's going to change. And on the flip side, doctors have to figure out Parolta. Nothing new on this end of it, as far as Parolta and Parolta might be the right handed version of a Blake Snell what we saw last night from the usage of the changeup, he has a good one. He will use it a lot. And for Parolta, he's done a lot of things, including how about at home this year a one point seven to seven earned run average. He is lights out at home. And the Dodgers have to make adjustmice because so far in postseason, both against the Reds and if you look at the Phillies in the first game last night, they're barely hitting right at the Mendoza line. And there's a like referred to here in Milwaukee, in particular the Bob Ucker line.
Speaker 6: Of course, rest in peace to the late great icon that is mister Baseball, mister Yuker, So tim is to get it back to you leave you with one thought on the Dodger offense. The last three games, just six total runs. They're hitting two ten as a club, twenty four strikeouts compared to fourteen walks in the first four games of the postseason. They were scoring close to seven runs per game, six point seven to five per so they're trying to get back on track. It's an easier said than done thing against Freddy Perolta, though, first pitch in just a few moments.
Speaker 2: All right, buck up, here we go Game two the National League Championship Series. Freddy Peralta and Yoshinobu Yamamoto the pinching matchup win we come back. Dodgers took Game one last night with a two to one win, and then get out of Milwaukee, come back to start this series in Dodgers Stadium on Thursday.
Speaker 5: Up two games to nothing.
Speaker 2: We'll find out next and join everybody this It's been Morocco be Causino, Dodgers on deck right here in the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network