Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers just can't continue. It's not fair are making plans again.
Speaker 6: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, Tama Cats Hi.
Speaker 3: Everybody welcome in two Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Saturday night, May the thirtieth as your Los Angeles Dodgers sinnetape NL wes in first place at thirty seven and twenty on the year.
Speaker 5: After a win last night in the series.
Speaker 3: Opener against the Phillies, the Dodgers have now won six in a row. They maintain a four and a half game lead in the division. They look to do it again tonight against Philadelphia Onta. Oscar Hernandez see He's Bobble Ahead night Yes out at Dodger Stadium. Rookie Sasaki will be on the mount first pitch from Unicole Field that Dodger Stadium is coming up at.
Speaker 5: Seven to ten.
Speaker 3: Coming up over the next hour here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from both managers. Yes, Dodger manager Dave Roberts is coming up in about twenty minutes. In about forty five minutes, we go high end tight with former Dodger skipper now intro manager of the Phillies Don Maddie.
Speaker 5: Looking forward to hearing from him. Coming up.
Speaker 3: David Vase will check in of course, throughout the hour we'll dive deeper into this great pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: We got your Tony.
Speaker 3: Rewind coming up in a few minutes, and also we will check in with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday out at the Galloping Ford broadcast Well. Last night, robo was a machine on the mound while the Dodgers Boppers provided the offense. Justin Robleski his best outing of this season, heck, maybe his best outing of his young career. The Dodger leftender went seven in ans. He allowed one run on one hit while striking out a career high nine. He was working on a no hitter last night until the sixth. Meanwhile, the Dodgers offense went to work early against Zach wheeler in the first Freddie Freeman wheeler.
Speaker 7: Into the line.
Speaker 5: Differs are swinging and it is It's gone. It's a whole run. It just narrowly got into.
Speaker 4: The left field stands front row of foot fare.
Speaker 5: I'm the Dodgers take a want to nothing lead.
Speaker 8: And we're beginning to see Freeman hit the ball all over the ballpark in particular. Then, man, this is the second home runner row. He's gone the opposite way down the line. It's staying right on top of the ball.
Speaker 3: Solo home run for Freddy, his eighth of the season, fourth in the last nine games. Career home run number three seventy zero five for Freddy, Dodgers a one to nothing lead in the second Max Months he got into the fun solo home runner right center field, his thirteenth of the year. That puts him in a tie with Andy Paiez for the most on the Dodgers. They had a two to nothing lead and the third show, Hey Otany drilled the ball down the right field line out of the park for his tenth home run of the season.
Speaker 5: Dodgers three home runs a three to ninhing lead.
Speaker 3: Then in the fifth, more muscle from the Dodgers this time Will Smith.
Speaker 9: Smith, the right handed hitter, Kiball Right, peeld and Deep.
Speaker 5: At the Wolf con a home run.
Speaker 10: The Dodgers just keep hitting.
Speaker 9: Home run after home run.
Speaker 7: Freeman in the first, Monthly in the.
Speaker 9: Second, O'tanni in the third.
Speaker 5: And Smith leads off with.
Speaker 9: A home run on the fifth and the Dodgers league fourth to nothing.
Speaker 3: Solo home run for Will Smith, his sixth of the season. That's the top tier to play the game brids you by ARCO Quality, top tier gas. For the last the Dodgers offense four home runs off a Zach Wheeler. The Phillies right hander had allowed just one home run in his previous thirty seven innings, with the Dodgers tattooed him last night. Meanwhile, Justin Robleski took a no no into the sixth. Kyle Schwarber though into that, taking him deep to center for a solo home run that made it a four to one game. The Phillies would score one more in the eighth off at Guardo en Riquez, but that was it. Dodgers beat the Phillies last night, four to two. Justin Robleski improved to seven and two on the season after going seven innings to strike it out of a career high nine tanners. Scott pitched the ninth. He picked up his fifth save of the season. Dodgers rolling right now. They've won six in a row. They're now thirty seven to twenty on this season, first place atop the NL West, and tonight back at it looking to extend that streak. Rochi Sasaki on the mound first pitch at seven to ten, and with more we head out to the galloping four broadcast.
Speaker 5: Both as we welcome in Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, all right, Tim, It's a gorgeous Saturday here at Unicole Field at Dodgers Stadium, the Dodgers and Phillies preparing for Game two this three game series, and mo the Dodgers on a season long win streak up to six games after last night's win.
Speaker 5: Any win is gonna feel good.
Speaker 2: But when you beat a pitcher like Zach Wheeler in that fashion God giving up one home run all year four home runs, that alone is reason to feel great. And then you throw in Justin Leski's performance on the mount, picking up his seventh win of the year. A lot of smiles are on the yard today.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think really, if you go back and look at that game itself, that was one heck of a ball game.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, the Dodgers powered.
Speaker 11: As you mentioned the four home runs.
Speaker 8: Speaking of power, about the fact the last three games the Dodgers have hit twelve home runs. But sometimes you know, live by the sword, die by the sword. The Dodgers need some other hits, but hits were not that prevalent on either side. Philly is only three hits and one a john by Justin Robleski, who kind of stretched things out when seven innings no runs, make that one run that was on the home run, the only hit that he gave up, and then the bull Bank comes in and does it. The expectations of the Dodgers' pitching staff is getting better and better and better as we go along.
Speaker 2: And now they turn the ball over to Roki Sasaki and the Dodgers look to continue this run they've been on. They've won thirteen of the last fifteen games, and they just they've looked very Dodger like. You know, the last couple of weeks, I would say Max Munsey and he told the media last night, and I told you guys, in a couple of weeks we're gonna start playing good baseball, and here we are. Even though they've had some injuries and guys go down, they keep comming along on.
Speaker 10: Really all fast.
Speaker 8: And it's not just in one area as you're talking about, in multiple facets of the game itself. What gets overlooked, I think is the way that they have played defense. It has been spot on. I watched a couple of games today on being televised, and I could not believe the difference in the defense as far as thinking ahead of what we see on a daily basis, a nightly basis, occasionally you know, things fall through the cracks, but overall, it's not just the offense. It's not just the pitching. Is certainly not just the relief corps. But the defense does not allow themselves to get into a bad spot a whole lot of times.
Speaker 2: On the heels of that last thing, I want to hit you on that, not to single him out, but just to use defense as a jumping off point for the question. The one air the Dodgers made last night was Kyle Tucker and right field. It has been a frustrating year first year with the Dodgers so far for Kyle Tucker and again, we're barely a third of the way through the one hundred and sixty two game marathon. How easy is that for a player to have the game sort of speed up or spiral and all facets when you're struggling to find yourself in the batter's box.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we hear so many times about a player. It gets to a point, whether it be a hitter or a defense of really combined overall, attempting to get into a spot where you have that comfort level to where you were able to slow the game down. Now that sounds a little strange that people haven't played it, But I think back to years ago, the great Mori Wills told me at a ballgame the Dodgers had to win. They were playing in Cincinnati. Frank Robinson was going to be the batter, and Morey, in his eighth year in the major league level, had to call time out, not because he had to tie his shoelace, which he did, because he felt the game was getting ahead of him. He needed to take a breather and let they came back to him. And that was in his eighth year at the level. It's mind over matters sometimes, and sometimes we really have to control what we're thinking about. So he's gonna be fine. He'll he'll break out of it. And I imagine in a month what we're talking about. What a turnaround.
Speaker 2: Now, it'll be a tough thing to do tonight against the Lefty is talented as Jesus Lozzardo, but Kyle Tucker talented enough to do just that. We're gonna take a breather here, Tim, get it back to you in the studio and be back a little bit later with a key from moment.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks a lot, and Ellie, if we cut you down to first page. Dodger fans, what's your plans for dinner? This guy's sitting around, driving around.
Speaker 5: No plans right now?
Speaker 3: How about get your game, Dame meal on at Shaky's Pizza parlor. What are your Shaky's pizza, your chicken, your mojo's right now at shakys dot com. Coming up here, I'm wrong with casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from both managers. Dave Roberts coming up at about fifteen minutes. We're also gonna hear from Don Mattiely. David Vasago's high and tight with the Phillies, intrim Skipper. We'll dave deep into this pitching matchup. We've got your magical moment. But I'm next you O Toddy rewind and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports That LA. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Phillies on this Saturday night. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim kase Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for LA. Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Phillies Game two of this three game weekends sent Rookie Sasaki, Jesus Lzardo. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at sevent ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewide wheeler.
Speaker 9: Big right handers stands on the first base side of the rubber fly ball or right and deep Garcia to the.
Speaker 1: Wall home run.
Speaker 9: Otani's tenth home run of the year into the Philly Bullpen. Dodgers with home runs in each of the first three inns. Freeman in the first month see in the second, O'tani here in the third.
Speaker 2: Old Tani two for three with that home run singled his last time up Maze's first pitch, Old Tani swings and hits a groundball base hit into right center field.
Speaker 5: So it's a three hit Friday night for Old Tani.
Speaker 3: Show Hey Otani last night three for four. The home run is tenth of the season. He extends his on Bay streak now to fourteen straight games as the Dodgers beat the Phillies last night four to two.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 3: Man Kirson now Joyce's from the Stadium, brought to by Cars for Kids. That's Cars with a K and the Dodgers getting ready to go at it again with the Philadelphia Phillies. Ta Oscar Hernandez throwing seeds Bobblehead night unfortunately tail on the engine list tonight.
Speaker 12: Yes, but he is hoping to still be throwing seeds. He said that as long as he can be here, he's going to be in that dugout, hoping to be supportive of the guys, especially when they're hitting the long ball, which they've been doing a lot recently. But you mentioned ta Oscar Hernandez and being on the ils. He was placed on the al with a Grade one hamstring strain. And we saw, you know, immediately when it happened. He said that as he was kind of getting closer to the bag, he felt something like a tight pain in the back of his hamstring slash behind his knee, and he said, immediately he just felt something was not right.
Speaker 5: He has never dealt with.
Speaker 12: A hamstring injury in the past. This is his first one. Last year, you know, he dealt with a groin injury, but he said this one feels completely different. So he did add though it feels like grade one hamstring strain was best case scenario for him. So they haven'tly talked too much about just timelines, but Taoscar did say that he believes that he could be good to go in a month. Dave Roberts added, now he feels comfortable with that as well, but obviously they're going to make sure that he gives himself the proper time to heal. Right now, he has kind of shut down, but once he can start kind of stretching out that hamstring, putting himself in a better position and having just kind of more flexibility of movement, then he should be able to start ramping things back up, and then we'll likely need to rehab assignment just to really test things.
Speaker 3: Certainly they hope that they can get him back sooner rather than later. But reinforcements are here, and the Dodgers' offense, even without him last night the last couple of games, Man, this offense is starting to explode, Kirston.
Speaker 5: They really are.
Speaker 12: If you look at the last three games, they've got twelve home runs, and you know, in this team, when they hit home runs and bunches, they are the odds are very much in their favor to pick up the win. And I was talking to Dave Roberts about this, talking to a couple of the guys. Even if you kind of look at the breakdown, seven of those twelve home runs are off of the fastball. The fastball had been providing a little bit of issue when the offense was struggling, and right now Dave was just saying that what he is seeing, he's not only saying his confidence at the plate, but guys are getting back into their swings. They're a bit more synced up. And look, there are multiple things I go into it. It's pitch selection, it's execution, but right now everything is just aligning for the offense. But it's kind of funny. Of course, I had to ask some of the hitters and just being like, you know, what do you think is leading to it?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 12: It's getting warmer outside, it's going to be summer, and they were like, Y know, it's just baseball. It's just things like this.
Speaker 5: It's random.
Speaker 12: It happens. And right now we accept that the home runs are coming in bunches.
Speaker 5: It's like baseball.
Speaker 3: They always say, you can't get too high, you can't get too low. You just kind of stay steady for one sixty two. Kirsten, We appreciate. We'll check int with you after the game is still to come here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck, David bat segoes on on one with Don Manning Lee, former Dodger skipper now intro manager for the Phillies, will also go deeper into this pitching matchup. We got your injury report though, and we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts when we come back. As we leads up to Dodgers and Rockies on ta Oscar Hernandez Bobblehead Night, First pitch is seven ten. I'm tim Kas' is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Saturday night as we leads up to first pitch, Dodge and the Phillies on ta Oscar Hernandez, Mister Seeds Bobblehead night, Margo Casino Resorted Spa a Grand Slam for good times. A rookie Sasaki on the mound tonight first pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers injury report.
Speaker 3: Is it about UCLA healthy? Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tascar Hernandez unfortunately on the IL with the left hamstring strain, but he's being recognized tonight with the mister Seeds bobble head. Keyk Hernandez on the IL with the left obique injury. Tyler Glasstow on the IL with the lower back spasms. Jack Dryer on the IL with the left shoulder discomfort. Blake Snell shifted to the sixty day IL after surgery to remove bodies from his elbow a couple of weeks ago. Brock Stewart on the IL with the left bone spur in his foot, and when Diaz on the il recovering from elbow surgery. He is doing baseball activities though. Tommy Edmond is in Triple A Oklahoma City on a minor league rehab assignment. He's playing now a couple of games in Triple A, working his way back soon. Ben Casparius, Landon, Nat, Gavinstone, Evan Phillips, Bruce dar Grad Role all on the il, but in a Phillips looks.
Speaker 5: Like he's trending in the right direction.
Speaker 3: All right, let's head back out to the stadium and check out the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 7: Anything else?
Speaker 11: The questions for Dave Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 10: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 13: You know, guys are getting back into their swings there. They seem more synced up, more confident. Certainly, pitch selection is another part of it. I think getting into some good counts is another part of it. So there's a lot of, you know, components, but I think at the end of the day, guys are just starting to feel a little bit more confident the play.
Speaker 1: It feels like.
Speaker 12: We're saying that just amongst the group as collective.
Speaker 1: The confidence with rookie, you look at his lasting bout and this one, how have you felt to him? Just kind of really paint that step in the right dun where they're just filled off each outing.
Speaker 13: I think with the rookie, he's just more I think I've seen over the last you know, a handful of weeks, he's just more comfortable. And you know, whether it's the comfort leads to more or success or the success leads to him a little bit, you know, more comfortable, but more engaging. Certainly with the split, kind of changing that, adding the velocity of that, I think has kind of helped the success.
Speaker 11: But yeah, he's in a good spot.
Speaker 12: Feel like a potential tests.
Speaker 11: Yeah, this is a good test, you know.
Speaker 13: Certainly they've got some talented guys over there, and you know, I just you know, expect him not to run from it and not to learn from this challenge and go after these guys.
Speaker 14: The fastball seem better too, And how much of that is because the split has been more effective as a secondary.
Speaker 11: Option for a month, you know, I think that.
Speaker 13: The fastball has been better, you know, And I don't know if it's because the split can kind of protect the fastball a little bit, so he has a little bit more confidence and you know, attacking with it than he did before.
Speaker 3: All right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts. Will we continue here on Wrongo because you know Dodgers on deck. We will check in with the David Vaz say, get you all the very latest from the stadium and lead you up to first pitch Dodgers Phillies on this Saturday night, first pitch from Uni Clove Field at Dodgers Stadium, coming up at seven ten. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 10: Not as we were saying.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Phillies square an off Game two this three game weekend series. Rokie Sasaki on the Mountain Tonight. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Al Poto, born in La and made for your game. Del Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to her play every single time.
Speaker 5: El Poto Gormee in a.
Speaker 1: Can, joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 7: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David A right DV.
Speaker 3: It's a celebration of tay Oscar Hernandez, the mister seeds bobbleheads and I unfortunately he's on the ils.
Speaker 5: So the hamstring, how bad is it?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 6: Brandon Gomes and Dave Roberts both told us the last couple of days that it's going to be three to four weeks. We had a chance to talk to ta Oscar Hernandez earlier this afternoon for the first time since he injured his left ham string.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I mean, I was feeling really good. That came out of nowhere, But I understand at the same time, it's part of the part of the process, is part of the game. Like you said, I trained so hard these offseason just to be on the field every single day for the team, for my teammates, and but unfortunately it happens. Now it's a different time. Need to get stronger, need to get better, and just be back as soon as possible.
Speaker 6: As soon as possible tim means a month. Ta Oscar Hernandez has a Grade one left ham string strain, but they're tricky, and he was told that it's going to be an until he returns to the Dodger lineup.
Speaker 5: He did also say that.
Speaker 6: If he would have continued to try to play through it, he would have made it worse and could have been out three months. So it's a good thing that he pulled the court at the time that he did, because it could have been a lot worse. Also, like you mentioned, it's his bobblehead night. He said, if there is one of his teammates that hit a home run tonight, it's going to be his bobblehead that flicks the seeds at his teammates instead of him tonight.
Speaker 5: I can't wait to see that. Hopefully he's doing it a couple of times.
Speaker 3: David is brought to you by four for those who build America, especially those who believe that giving everything will pay off tomorrow American Value. For American values, go to your Southern California for dealers today or buy four now dot com. The Dodgers has made a move, and it wasn't to bring up James Tims the third yesterday, David, it's had to bring up Ryan Ward as an outfielder.
Speaker 6: Why well, Ryan Ward is on the forty man roster. That makes it a lot more seamless to be able to just call him. And what's so funny about this, tim is all we heard about last year from fans is.
Speaker 7: Why aren't the Dodgers calling up Bryan Ward? Why not Ryan Ward?
Speaker 6: Now they call up Ryan Ward to give him an opportunity and left field with Alex Call and all we're hearing about is James Tibbs. And James Tibbs has had a great season at Triple A, don't get me wrong, but all of a sudden, now everybody wants to be Twitter GM and say why not James Tibbs. We had a chance to ask Dodger GM Brandon Gomes that very question.
Speaker 15: I mean, I think he's performing great, obviously, the numbers are fantastic, you know. I just think Wardo has done this for a while and it's certainly earned it. And his numbers were nothing to scoff at in Triple A either, especially when you break out just the the v right stuff. So Wardo has done it before. You know, he's done it for a while, and it's it's good to get him back up and into the mix and hopefully get a real opportunity here.
Speaker 6: Ryan Ward the PC Player of the Year last year. He's twenty eight years old and has been waiting patiently for his opportunity. He got his major league debut earlier this season when Freddy Freeman was on the paternity list. He is going to get a longer runway now with Teoscar Hernandez out for a month, along with Alex Call Calls in there tonight against the lefty Lozardo. Tomorrow, Ryan Ward will be in left field against the righty Andrew Payner.
Speaker 5: My favorite gms are the Twitter gms because they know everything.
Speaker 3: David all Right, Time down for the Dodger Derby, brought to by San Anina Park. We pick a race, go head to head at the end of the season. See who picked their most correct races. We're looking at tomorrow's fifth race at Santa Anita, currently a seven horse race.
Speaker 5: David, who do you like in this one?
Speaker 10: Wow?
Speaker 6: There's so many great names. Hey, I'm gonna go with number one. What's more American in baseball related than apple Pie?
Speaker 5: I like that. It's a good selection.
Speaker 3: About Jenny's Wine Girl the number two horse. I'll go right behind you there with the number two horse. Good luck to you, David. Celebrate ninety years of horse racing at Santa Anita Park every Friday through Sunday. Millions and payouts every single race day. Tickets at Santa Anita dot Com Slash events still to come here on Dodgers on Day, David's gonna be back. He's gonna go one on one with Dot Maddingly, Phillies intram manager, former Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 5: We'll hear from him coming up.
Speaker 3: Also your Dodgers Magical Moment right where we come back Dodgers and Phillies. I'm Tim Kason is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters game on your Home for La Dodgers Faceball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Phillies. The rookie ASANKI Hey suss Lozardo. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seventename.
Speaker 1: Without a hot Dog, who wants a hot It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 5: Well the Dodgers take it on the Philly.
Speaker 3: As we go back to September sixteenth, last year, Remember twenty twenty four show Otani mister fifty to fifty with fifty four home runs. Well last year he was searching for fifty again and against the Phillies did it.
Speaker 2: Otani zero for two with two strikeouts in his career against Robertson, the one to oh pitch, Otani launches pie.
Speaker 4: In the air, deep bright field number fifty emphatically leaves.
Speaker 10: The yard.
Speaker 4: On a night he started the game and through five no hit innings. He then comes up to the plate of the eighth and launches home run number fifty on the season. It went four hundred and thirty feet and we got a one.
Speaker 8: Run game, and it's a nice beginning. Now you need some runners, hit some runners on base, one run game and try and turn the tables.
Speaker 3: Sholley O'tani, with his fiftieth home run off David Robertson there in the eighth, becomes the sixth player in MLB history with back to back fifty home run seasons. The Hofey Magical Moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs.
Speaker 5: Haffee so Call's local.
Speaker 3: Treasure with nearly one hundred years Hafey hot Dogs, Local and Sweet. When we continue here on Dodgers on deck. We will check in with Charlie Steiner leads up to first pitch. Dodgers and Phillies on Teoscar Hernandez mister Seeds Bobblehead Night first pitch coming up at seventy ten. I'm Tim Kasons, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: He's the Dodgers and the Phillies. Rookie Sasaki, Hey, Susse Lezardo the pitching man.
Speaker 5: Shutup.
Speaker 3: Time now for the Verizon startup as we are thirty three minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big.
Speaker 5: Visit your So Cal Verizon store today. We say hello to.
Speaker 9: Charlie star All right, Tim, the Dodgers doing absolutely nothing this afternoon except watching the Padres lose in DC and so as play begins tonight, the Dodgers all full five games in front of the Padres and Arizona the d Backs in Seattle tonight. After the Dodgers four to two win over the Phillies last night, Robleski was sensational. We were having questions about him. Yeah, got off to the great start, and he caught a slumbered a bit.
Speaker 10: But last night he was on the beam.
Speaker 8: He was on the beam and went three bowl count just one time in the seven innings that he worked. And he started off in fine fashion as well. Struck out all three batters at the top of the first inning and it did not allow a runner. Well, there was not a runner that even reached bays until there was an air was won out in the fourth inning. And for Roubleski, he gave up one hit that was a home run to Kyle Skworber in the sixth inning. Other than that, Roubleski really went back. Charlie, you know you and I talked to begin with. You know, the first six starts for Rubleski had last year he went five and oh is he was one in a quarter and then the last three outings prior to last night is the ray with just under six and a half. There was a big, big turnaround, but he was aggressive and through strengths and challenge hitters to put the ball in plane. I think part of that reason is we continue to talk. This Dodger defense has really stood tall at this point in the season.
Speaker 9: Defense has been good. Offensively, they're about the best in the National League. The Dodgers team batting average two sixty one, the best on base percentage three forty five, the best home runs eighty, the best extra base hits second. The tm era is the best. It's remarkable what the Dodgers have done to this point in the season. And as we mentioned last night, it feels like they're beginning to pull away from the Padres and the Diamondbacks. It's early in the season, but when we look back on this season, we'll look back around the end of May early June. Was this the time they absolutely pulled away from everybody? And by the looks of it looks like they are.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And that's in spite of some injuries. I mean, you've got two big guys in the starting rotation the pitchers, Snell and also Glass. Now now you've got Kicki Hernanez, who is back for just one plus game. He went back on the injured list. You got Tioscar Hernanus. He goes on the injury list yesterday. So this is a ball club that they're supplemented by some other players that understand that, and the other part, too, is Padres are not playing good baseball. As you mentioned, they lost today. Arizona has put on a charger. They came into last night's game having won nine of their last ten, and the Dodgers after tomorrow they go over to Arizona for four games, and you know that the Diamondbacks are thanking themselves, Charlie. Hey, look, this could be a huge series for them, but there's two games before that series even takes place over in the Valley of the Sun.
Speaker 9: After the win last night, the Dodgers have won six in a row, eight of ten, thirteen of their last fifteen, nineteen out of thirty, so they're on a heater. The Phillies twenty nine and twenty eight. They're in second place in the Nacht the League East, but nine and a half behind it Land. They've won five of ten. And one of the things we have discovered about the Phillies now seeing them with our own eyes.
Speaker 11: They don't hit very well.
Speaker 9: You look at the numbers, okay, but they come to the plate. Is there a thought process or do they just go up there whaling?
Speaker 8: You know, you bring up an excellent point, because I'm just talking to someone with the Phillies organization, and they said, what would you think about last night? And I said, your hitters had time to me appeared to go to home plate with the second hand on the clock. It was going to tick down in a hurry. Is if there was a time limit that they were allowed to stay in the box because they swung a lot of first pitches. They swung at a lot of pitches that were not really in that strike zone initially in the first two pitches of the game. So yeah, they kind of go toe to toe. And the Dodgers, by the way, yes, they hit four home runs last night. That's twelve in the last three games. But they need to get on base other dimension and besides just trying to hit the ball out of the ballpark.
Speaker 9: Roki Sasaki, who's pitched very well his last two outings against ass Lizardo Sasaki in his first seven games in the ERF almost six in his last two games in the RF two of the quarter Loazardo four and four and a four to thirty eight ER.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Dave Roberts talking to media a little bit earlier, talking about the fact of Sasaki now he's not trying to throw M one hundred miles an hour and miss here and there and go deep into counts. That ninety seven and ninety eight works just fine. But for Sasaki, don't fall behind in the count, because when he's ahead in the count, it's a one seventy one batting average against. But when he's behind in the count, hitters at this point if hit just over four hundred against him, don't want hitters to feel that they can be selective and pitches they're going to swing in.
Speaker 9: Oh on that Otani fella. In his last fourteen games, he's hitting four to twelve, fifteen RBIs, ten extra base hits. He is every bit as hot as this Dodger team. Phillies and the Dodgers Game two of the three coming up.
Speaker 5: Dem all right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball presented by Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium. Visit Uniclo dot com. Slash us still to come here on Marongo because you know, Dodgers on deck. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup Rookie Sasaki going for the Dodgers. Steven and Rick will have the keys to the game. But up next, David vat Sego's hide and tight with former Dodger manager now Phillies Intrium head coach. Last year the bench coach for the Toronto Blue Jays.
Speaker 5: Don Mattingly.
Speaker 3: Here from Mattingly next, as we lead you up to Dodgers and Phillies, I'm Tim Kasi's the back to back World State champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers, Phillies, Rookie Sasaki and Hey sus Lozardo. The pitching matchup on Mister Seeds task Hernandez Bobblehead night. He's on the injured list, but getting his kids warmed up right now as they get ready to throw out the first pitch for fort atenance. Can they get a cool mister Seeds bobblehead. We'd love to have one here in the Dodger studio. That is certainly for sure. First pitch coming up, that's seventeen and now.
Speaker 1: What will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This this high and tight.
Speaker 6: Well, when I need a baseball spiritual cleansing, A man of righteousness.
Speaker 7: I come to see my guy, Don Mattingly. Don, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 6: Great to see you, and you haven't aged a single day since we last saw you in a Dodger uniful lot.
Speaker 10: From the inside, it's just totally cording.
Speaker 6: Did you ever expect to be in this position again, Don managing?
Speaker 10: I really didn't, you know.
Speaker 16: I went to Philly really with kind of just doing really what dave you know, kind of you know, thought about the role for me. It's just an experienced guy this club to help TOMPs as much as I could, and and so I can't say I thought about it at all. I really thought we'd be get off to a better start and I'd just be doing my job on the other side of the bench.
Speaker 6: Don Mattingly taught me two things that stand out the most while he was managing the Dodgers. Number One, don't ever go into another manager's dugout.
Speaker 10: That's the truth.
Speaker 7: Do you remember that?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I still feel that way.
Speaker 16: Try to anybody ask me about a decision or something the other team did. I'm like, n try to stay out of his dugout. I don't know what's going on over there.
Speaker 6: Number Two, you said it's not about the team's record, it's about when you catch that team. So when are the Dodgers catching the Phillies?
Speaker 10: Uh? Okay, I think. You know, we come out of San Diego.
Speaker 16: We we swept those guys, but we didn't really score. We had we've been, we've been had more trouble, I think putting runs up.
Speaker 10: In general.
Speaker 16: We were able to keep San Diego down before against Cleveland we got three you know, really well pitched games.
Speaker 10: So we didn't really score, so that hurt us. So they're catching us, okay, I think.
Speaker 16: But we're always you know, we're always pretty good because we throw the ball pretty good.
Speaker 7: Definitely, Zach Wheeler.
Speaker 6: You got Christopher Sanchez making oral herscheizer very nervous these days, Donnie very nervous.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he should be. He should be.
Speaker 6: Hey, Bryce Harper, we take for granted that first base is a new position to him. Obviously, you are a pretty good first baseman in your day. Now that you're with the Phillies, even when you were the bench coach, how much have you worked with him? How open has he been to try to get better there with you being on the same side.
Speaker 10: No, he's been open, very open. I think he wants to be good over there.
Speaker 16: He's gotten dinged a little bit by some of the metrics this year early just because of some balls that got through in the hole, and then you know, it felt like we needed to push him further off the bag.
Speaker 10: That's one thing we've tried to do recently. But he's been great.
Speaker 6: When you look at Freddie Freeman, a guy that is on his way to the Hall of Fame, he's kind of Don Mattingly asked, not looking for the home runs, a good defensive first baseman. The list goes on and on. When you think of Freddie Freeman, what do you love about the way he's played his career.
Speaker 16: No, Freddie's I've seen way too much of Freddie in.
Speaker 10: Atlanta there when I was in Miami.
Speaker 16: So Freddy's guy just gets big hits for me all the time, Like I hate seeing him out there with men in scoring musician, really good defender at first, he'll steal a bag on you if you don't pay attention. So Freddie's just kind of that day in day out guy that just keeps footing up numbers.
Speaker 7: Donnie.
Speaker 6: Last year you were part of John Schneider's staff with the Blue Jays. Something that nobody seemed to really point out or put a spotlight on was Game one of the World Series lineup cards are exchanged and John Schneider gave you the lineup card to go out there to exchange.
Speaker 7: How much did that mean to you?
Speaker 10: It was pretty cool. It was fun. You know. I meant a lot to get to the World Series.
Speaker 16: Honestly, that's something that you fight to get to and have an opportunity to win. Obviously that didn't happen. But being able to get to my first World Series and then snide, you know, want me to do that, it was It.
Speaker 10: Was pretty cool.
Speaker 7: Were you surprised by that gesture?
Speaker 10: I was?
Speaker 7: I was, When do you spring it on you?
Speaker 10: I don't know. I was way too nervous for that.
Speaker 7: Don Mattingly is our guest. Before I let you go.
Speaker 6: I thought it was fitting your first game back in la as the manager of the Phillies. Clayton Kershaw happened to be here front row. Did you catch him?
Speaker 10: I didn't. I didn't. I heard that. I heard that later. Actually, Laurie told me that Clayton was there.
Speaker 16: I guess his kids were with him and stuff, because I've seen if you guys kind of chatting over there, and I was like, figure out who else?
Speaker 10: Could you know?
Speaker 16: There's some celebrity there right in LA But no, I didn't. I hope I get a chance to see him. Don't know if he's still here or not.
Speaker 7: I'll let him know that you were looking for him.
Speaker 6: I was, I am can you describe the relationship that you had with him? Because you were managing peak Kershaw?
Speaker 7: And I'm not.
Speaker 6: Afraid to say that maybe peak stubbornness of Kershaw. There were a lot of moments where he didn't want to come out of games. You guys had some tough conversations. But how did your relationship endure all that where he has the utmost respect for you?
Speaker 16: No, it was always good, And I'd tell guys, I don't I never get mad when a guy doesn't want to come out of the game. Obviously you don't want him to show you up on the mound, but you're not asking guys to be happy to be.
Speaker 10: Coming out of the game.
Speaker 16: And remember Clayton told me one time, he says, you take me out whatever you think he goes, but don't take me out because you think I'm tired.
Speaker 10: Because he says, I don't get tired, right, so.
Speaker 16: I'm like, oll get girls, so I always like that.
Speaker 7: Thanks a lot for the time. It's great to see our Dave.
Speaker 10: You two.
Speaker 7: We won't get too emotional here, you know, kissing Dave. None of that Okay, sounds good.
Speaker 6: Don Mattingley will receive a gift card that works to Capitol Grill. Thanks a lot, all right, thanks Dave. There he is the man, Don Mattinglee. Some people go to work in some high rise, some vacation at the Gulf of Mexico. But this guy's with the Phillies and the dugout.
Speaker 10: You liked that way too dramatic, Dave. You said that like you're on TV.
Speaker 6: Don Mattinglee, always keeping me honest. A cleansing, a spiritual cleansing. We'll send it back to you in the studio, Tim.
Speaker 5: All right, thanks a lot of DV. Great to hear. Don Maddingley.
Speaker 3: Former Dodger skipper ya on the bench last year with the Toronto Blue Jays as a Dodgers won in seven games up in Toronto.
Speaker 5: Now intro manager for the Fight in Phills.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Or official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night Shakys dot Com. All right, lead you up to first bench Dodgers and Phillies. When we come back, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: Don't you go anywhere.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim katz is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers in Philly is going out of game two of this three game series on mister Seeds Ta Oscar Hernandez Bobblehead Night. He's on the injured list, fot throwing out the first pitch with his family tonight. As we lead you out to first pitch from Uniclow Field the Dodger Stadium, coming up at seven ten and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: Roger, you buy her Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 3: Hey, sus Lozardo on the Mountain four and four with a four thirty eight ERA, twenty eight year old left hander in his eighth season, now in the Big Leagues, the A's, the Marlins, and now the second season with the Phillies. Sky sweeper forcing fastball change up. Sinker making his twelve start this season. He has top ten in the National League in strikeouts, also in quality starts. Last time out, six shutout innings, four hits, six strikeouts in a win over the Padres at Petco Park. Tonight is his sixth start, seventh appearance again the Dodgers, one and one with the three to twelve ERA and thirty three strikeouts. Rookie Sasaki on the mound for the Dodgers three and three, four ninety three ere er twenty four year old right hander in his second season. Now with the Dodgers, making his tenth start in the month of May, We've seen Sasaki kind of stack good outing after good outings two and one with a three fifty two ERA, twenty one strikeouts and twenty three innings. Last time out, five innings, three hitch, four strikeouts, four hits in a win over the Brewers. Before that, seven innings, one run, four hits, eight strikeouts in a win over the Angels. He started last year against the Phillies and gave up just one run in four innings into Philadelphia, then in the postseason, made three appearances against the Phillies in the NLDS out of the bullpen, firing four to third scoreless innings. Rookie Sasaki, Hey sus Lazzard of the pitching matchup. Dodgers and Phillies were fifteen minutes away for first pitch.
Speaker 5: Keys to the game. Our next, I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all season log.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Phillies, Game two of this three game weekend set from the Ravine. Roki Sasaki on the mounds to get ready for the start of the game with the Saporo Start a great moment, Start with Sapporo Beer, whatever your taste preferences. Weekend Saporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Soporo good with sushi, Great with baseball. Let's head back out to the booth one final time. Stephen Nelson Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 2: All right, TC, First pitch soon from Roki Sasaki against Jesus Lozardo, Game.
Speaker 5: Two of three for the Phillies.
Speaker 1: Mo.
Speaker 2: The biggest key in this game.
Speaker 8: Is, well, I think for Susaki, just to get ahead in the count. Here's why, the very simple numbers. When he's ahead in the count, it's a one to seventy one batting average against. When he's behind in the count, it's over four hundred. Obviously, there's importance to not let the hitters be that selective, and the Dodgers need to be select against Lozardo, who not only has an exquisite fastball it's in the upper nineties, but they've seen the very good slider, the changeup and the breaking bowl and Lozardo pitched very well. If we think back Game four the Nation League Division Series in Rokie Sasaki. By the way, in that game four went three sparkling innings.
Speaker 2: Can't wait for this one to get going, Tim. We'll get it back to you, all right.
Speaker 3: Dodgers thirty seven and twenty on the season, first place atop the NL was Charlie mentioned it earlier. The Padres have already lost today, so they are five games back as we speak going into action tonight behind the Dodgers Diamondbacks in Seattle, getting ready to take on the Mariners as we speak. Dodgers five games up on the Padres, five and a half games up on the Diamonbacks, fifteen games up on the Giants, and the Colorado Rockies sixteen and a half games back in the Western Division of the National League. Coming out first pitch, Rokie Sasaki takes the mound. Dodgers Phillies is next. Enjoyed everybody. I'm Tip Kates, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network