Speaker 1: To the show that's more uncomfortable than Kanye West at a bar mitzvah.
Speaker 2: Every human being has something of value that they brought to the table.
Speaker 3: Especially him. It's Rover's Morning Glory. Shizzy coming up in a few minutes. What do you have on the way, Doozy?
Speaker 4: Remember the story about the man in the Chucky mask?
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. Who's running, chasing after women and stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Saying, are you ready to die today?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got an update to that story.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get to that in just a moment.
Speaker 7: Charlie, lots of people agreed that your chopped unk comment when they were calling you a chopped unk. Todd says it's a person that's old and unattractive. And Taylor says- Urban Dictionary says the fugliest, nastiest, most disgusting of them all.
Speaker 6: But they can't see them, right?
Speaker 3: What do you mean? No, up to the hot dog thing.
Speaker 6: Oh, and they're watching you live.
Speaker 3: They're watching these guys selling hot dogs all day.
Speaker 1: People just sit there and watch a guy sell hot dogs at his- at his little hot dog stand.
Speaker 3: You could do this to your donut truck. People will watch it.
Speaker 4: Why would somebody watch me making donuts?
Speaker 3: There's a lot of streams like that.
Speaker 7: Because you could see the chopped onks that show up getting a whole thing of donuts.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Those are great.
Speaker 3: You can make fun of them. I love watching those.
Speaker 8: They pay you for that? What do I benefit out of it? Well, enough people will watch it and go, oh, I want to go to the donut truck. Yeah, I don't understand how this is a hard concept. If people are watching you, then one day they see your truck, I have to go, oh, that's that person I watch on TikTok. I should actually go to the donut truck.
Speaker 9: And they can pay you on the live. They can send you roses or whatever, and they're worth so much money.
Speaker 3: There you go, dude.
Speaker 7: You can just sit there and chit-chat with them all the time while you're making your donuts.
Speaker 6: So when I was... So Rose is when they pay you when I was watching.
Speaker 4: I couldn't sleep last night and I stumbled upon the live stream on TikTok, which I had never seen before.
Speaker 1: You're acting like Jeffrey in the main timeline. Like you stumbled on the live stream on TikTok. There's like a million live streams.
Speaker 4: I don't watch it. I've never, for me, stumbling across it. I've never seen it before.
Speaker 6: I would never.
Speaker 7: It's like it's a singular thing, too. I don't watch it. Like it's a channel almost.
Speaker 6: All right. Got it. I don't watch them.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: When I did watch some of them, they kept saying, oh, thank you for the roses. Thank you for the roses. So that's donations?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Actually, I do watch a couple different food truck or vendors, and they'll just be making coffees.
Speaker 3: And that's what she does. She makes coffees.
Speaker 9: And I'm just watching her make, most of the time, they're not even really talking.
Speaker 3: To the chat. Yeah, the hot dog guy wasn't really talking to the chat.
Speaker 6: They're doing their job.
Speaker 9: And then every so often, they look over and reply to comments and stuff.
Speaker 3: But people can, yeah, send money pretty much through there.
Speaker 6: Is there a food truck? Did you find we were going to show Rover some lives? Because Rover says he's got a bunch of stuff he wants to sell. We think that he could do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to sell.
Speaker 7: And all the comments about me are going to be that I'm a zaddy and I have Riz.
Speaker 6: Zitz and what's Riz? Wait, pull something up.
Speaker 1: All right, well, do you want me to show you these whatnot things? This is what you should do, Rover. He's selling electronics.
Speaker 3: At $ 31, no way.
Speaker 10: At $ 31.
Speaker 3: Holy. What does he have, a drone or something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like this guy just sells Chinese kind of crap. I've been watching it from the commercial break. None of it's name brand of any kind you've ever heard of. Does he have multiples?
Speaker 3: Multiple what?
Speaker 11: Of these things, is that one single thing? No, each item is a different thing.
Speaker 1: So he's selling a drone right now before he's selling a security camera system.
Speaker 3: That's this guy.
Speaker 7: Seems like a lot of work to sell all this stuff in the basement.
Speaker 3: This guy's selling shoes. Four, three, two guys, better than Tasman.
Speaker 6: This is what I was watching. Better than Tasman for $ 15, go.
Speaker 3: Better than Tasman for.
Speaker 2: $ 15, go.
Speaker 5: Go.
Speaker 3: Go. Three seconds, two seconds. Main size 908, women's is 11.
Speaker 6: Three seconds, two seconds. Guys, catch it, catch it, catch it, catch it.
Speaker 12: Ten seconds, one more go.
Speaker 1: It doesn't seem like it's auction time at 8 a.m., so we're probably not seeing the best.
Speaker 3: Time does not have back swipe.
Speaker 6: Time does not.
Speaker 3: Have back swipe.
Speaker 6: Three seconds, three seconds. Or is this one auction item?
Speaker 3: And then this guy's selling crystals. Oh, Doogee needs crystals. Yeah, here you go, Doogee. Oh, cool. There's a bat in my damn house. You need to give it out before we fire him. This is insanity.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 3: Who would buy this crap? This guy's selling video games. And watching anime. That's what he does. 8 a.m. What's this guy?
Speaker 1: This guy's in a storage unit. He just goes through the storage unit. He's got, he found some coins.
Speaker 3: 82 Brazil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a million QVCs now.
Speaker 3: 19. And you're home. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then- How many people, can you see how many people are watching this right now? Well, this is pretty low, but it's also 8 AM. I feel like this is something somebody does at 7 o'clock at night. So this guy is 696 people watching himself choose.
Speaker 6: Is there, will you look for a food truck one? See what they do?
Speaker 3: Well, that would be on TikTok. On TikTok. That wouldn't, Whatnot's just an auction.
Speaker 6: No, you're not on TikTok. That was Whatnot. That was the other one that you said.
Speaker 9: And the thing about TikTok, the auctions to me is they are very fast. It is like 10 seconds that you get to throw in your bid as fast as you can.
Speaker 8: And gone.
Speaker 9: Which makes that pressure is on. So you're- you're automatically doing almost these impulse buys. I've been very tempted a few times or made a bid.
Speaker 3: Have you done it? I've definitely bid on things. Some collectors. Did you win anything?
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 9: And then I'm like, thank God I didn't because I don't need to spend my money on this stuff.
Speaker 3: Krista bought something at an auction once on one of these. Your girlfriend?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it was just, it was a Taking Back Sunday record. But she ended up getting the first pressing of it, and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, why did she do that? She's like, I don't know. It was fun. The auction was happening, and she started bidding.
Speaker 1: And I was like, you don't care about first pressings of something. It doesn't matter, because we're just going to listen to it. So it's not like you're using it.
Speaker 3: Can you even.
Speaker 7: Listen to the first pressing, or do you not want to mess with it?
Speaker 3: It's the first pressing.
Speaker 1: We still did, but it's just like- You start watching and it's happening fast.
Speaker 3: And you're like, I should get that. That would be cool. And then right afterwards, you're like, I shouldn't have done that.
Speaker 1: Why did I spend $ 40 on a $ 25 record?
Speaker 7: And how much does the ship like a record to make sure it doesn't break?
Speaker 3: What does she have to pay to ship? I don't remember. No idea. Media mail. Doozy, are you ready for the shizzy?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've heard about these floods and villages destroyed in Nepal and Tibet and the border right there. But three Americans are among hundreds of people missing after torrential floods swept through that area. And it destroyed roads and bridges and power projects. At least eight people have been killed in the floods. They expect that number to go up. They're bracing for more casualties and worse damage from the waters, which destroyed pretty much everything in its path. Now, we've talked about when these kinds of tragedies happen, places like that, when they have villages, the structures are not obviously sound and everything is a little bit easier to destroy. So those numbers they expect to go up and more devastation. A man accused of terrorizing a number of pedestrians in Philadelphia while decked out in a Chucky-style mask has been arrested in Las Vegas.
Speaker 12: U.S.
Speaker 4: Marshals Service officials confirmed that Zemire Hughes was arrested by members of the Violent Offender Task Force yesterday. Philadelphia District Attorney said that last week Hughes was wanted on felony and misdemeanor assault charges after he allegedly chased the jogger. in Center City asking her, do you want to die and cause injuries as she fled? He was now awaits extradition. I thought we already reported that he was arrested.
Speaker 11: I had a mugshot and everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we already did this.
Speaker 12: Crap.
Speaker 6: It said yesterday.
Speaker 1: What was the date on it though?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're getting old news.
Speaker 4: No, this just came through this just now.
Speaker 3: From what? Yeah, here's the picture I had before. Yeah, was this last week? Yeah, it was.
Speaker 6: With the face mask on.
Speaker 3: Let me see this.
Speaker 5: It's.
Speaker 6: I cut it. It says it just came through. It's from iHeart Prep News.
Speaker 3: It's terrible.
Speaker 6: It just said yesterday. I mean, it just came down for the 8 a.m.
Speaker 2: News.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had this Friday.
Speaker 6: Did we talk about it?
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 3: Obviously, I put it up. Yeah, we did the story.
Speaker 4: Oh, I do so much that I don't remember what I do because I'm a very good news person.
Speaker 6: All right, you can throw that. Do you want me to throw that away?
Speaker 3: Who pays for this?
Speaker 6: iHeart gives this to me. This is what they tell me to do.
Speaker 3: Okay, now hold on. I believe what may have happened. Let me read it. Is it a copycat? No, no, I'm trying to see here. No, I guess.
Speaker 7: They arrested him in Vegas. Yeah, we already covered this, I believe. Of course, yesterday.
Speaker 1: The last week that Hughes was on felony.
Speaker 7: Maybe we had that he was wanted. I guess he left Philly, packed up his stuff, went.
Speaker 3: Out to Vegas. He was arrested, but they named him. Okay, all right.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Captured. They got him. They got Chucky, okay.
Speaker 4: Ghislaine Maxwell's bid to throw her sex trafficking conviction is being tossed by a New York federal judge. It was a long shot petition that would have allowed her in a new trial, but Maxwell- who of course is an associate of the late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, represented herself in the ask that challenged her detention. The judge noted that Max did not use her attorney to file what he called the lengthy and rambling petition that failed to open new avenues for her defense. Indiana Governor Mike Braun is calling for an investigation into Northern Indiana Public Service Company after severe storms left many customers without electricity for nearly two weeks. Braun wants regulators to examine whether the utility property cleared trees and vegetation around power lines and whether state money meant for stronger infrastructure was used as promised. About 375,000 customers lost power after storms started back August 11th. Although fewer than 2,000 outages remained in Gary yesterday. So they said the power company said they'll cooperate with any investigation and defended the work of crews trying to restore service after the historic storms. Can you imagine still being out of power in Gary, Indiana?
Speaker 7: Yeah, my mother does not live in Gary, Indiana, but she lives in Indiana. And her power was out for a while, but they got it back on. Now she's trying to. Search for a generator, I think. Wants to get a whole house generator. Last time she got a quote, it was too expensive. They wanted to charge for the install.
Speaker 3: I told her, I go, that's too much. It's more than I paid.
Speaker 7: You got to shop around. It is handy to have. Charlie has his generator set up now. You have to go out there and flip things over.
Speaker 3: I got to move it out of the garage, yeah.
Speaker 13: Mm-hmm.
Speaker 4: Ryan Gosling might be going from playing Ken in Barbie to playing Bam Bam from the Flintstones. Ryan is apparently producing a live-action movie about a grown-up Bam Bam. For the record, no word yet that he's even considering starring in it. Bam Bam is, of course, the son of Barney and Betty Rubble, best friends of Fred and Wilma Flintstone.
Speaker 3: Can I just ask, who would be interested in seeing this?
Speaker 4: Well, there was an animated series in the early 70s about a teenage Bam Bam and his girlfriend Pebbles. the daughter of Fred and Wilma. They even had a band, and it was called the Pebbles and.
Speaker 6: Bam Bam Show. Do you remember it?
Speaker 3: It was 1971 to 72. I vaguely remember that, yeah. Yeah, they were called the Bedrock Rockers at the time. He remembers it.
Speaker 2: There's one person who- You gotta remember, here's the thing. Bam Bam, Marty and Betty adopted Bam Bam. They're in a storyline between- Barney and Betty, for some reason, Betty couldn't conceive, they couldn't have kids, so they adopted Bam Bam. And eventually as they grew up, yeah.
Speaker 6: They talk about that on the show?
Speaker 2: No, that's just what I've read.
Speaker 3: Does Fred Flintstone have a kid? Yeah, Fred and Wilma had Pebbles. They did a storyline with Wilma actually being pregnant. They animated Wilma actually being pregnant with Pebbles. Wow.
Speaker 7: So in the cartoon, did they say that Bam Bam was adopted?
Speaker 2: You can probably read, an educated kid would know that they did it in a storyline where they adopted Bam Bam.
Speaker 6: They did? Now you're rambling. Do you know or not?
Speaker 2: I believe so because I watched the Flintstones. I watched the Flintstones when I was a kid.
Speaker 6: Now I gotta look it up.
Speaker 3: Yes, he was adopted.
Speaker 6: They did the storyline?
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it says in the original animated series, Barney and Betty find baby Bam Bam left on their doorstep. They legally adopt him after overcoming an adoption agency dispute.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 9: I liked the one movie when they did that live action of the Flintstones.
Speaker 3: With Rosie?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I never saw that. I'm surprised that anybody saw that.
Speaker 2: Betty and Rick Rance played Barney and John Goodman played Fred.
Speaker 3: And I believe Elizabeth, I can't remember her last name, played Wilma.
Speaker 6: The girl from Big. The girlfriend from Big. Elizabeth- Smiths, you would know. I hated the Flintstones when I was young, so I never watched it. I hated the Jetsons.
Speaker 3: Oh, my God.
Speaker 2: That was funny because Rosie was one of my favorite characters.
Speaker 3: She was sassy, though. She had a personality. Those are my favorites. Oh, my God. That's so good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there you go. That's the shizzy on Rover's Morning Glory.
Speaker 2: Sign up for rmg plus and get all the bonus content you can shake your stick at the aftermath friday leftovers.
Speaker 1: Rmg tv archives more extras than you get from your favorite exotic dancer.
Speaker 13: Rmg plus sign up now at rover radio.com.
Speaker 3: What city? Bedrock? Is that where they lived?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the town the Flintstones takes place in.
Speaker 3: Bedrock. Jeffrey LaRock would fit in well there, wouldn't you? Not really.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Michael in Michigan. You're on Rover's Morning Glory. Good morning, Michael.
Speaker 14: Hey, how are you doing?
Speaker 15: Hey.
Speaker 3: Hey, talking about.
Speaker 13: I'm sorry, I just jumped on late, so I didn't know where you guys were in the conversation, but going back to live feeds on YouTube or whatnot... Have you seen the new one where it's these girls, they'll just sit in a chair and write stuff on their face with their Sharpie marker and hold up signs that say, I won't talk until I get like 20,000 likes or whatever. Have you seen that one?
Speaker 7: I have not seen this. I didn't know this was a thing. Why would anybody just don't like it?
Speaker 3: There's another one.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 13: There's another one out of India where this lady, she just lays in bed. I don't know if it's a real child or not, but the thing is, it looks like ET.
Speaker 3: And is the.
Speaker 13: World going to get to a point where the simps have had enough and said, okay, go get real job, girls. We're sick of watching you lift weights and just throw money at you.
Speaker 3: The who?
Speaker 7: I don't know what any of this means exactly.
Speaker 3: The simps. Oh, okay. The simps, yeah. I do want to see this person at HOPT.
Speaker 13: Did you know the Flintstones take place in the future after nuclear war and Fred's job is to dig up artifacts at his quarry?
Speaker 9: And that the Jetsons are actually on the same planet. They're just in these tall high-rises.
Speaker 3: That's the conspiracy.
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, I got to go.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay. Sorry. Don't let us hold you up. Sorry for bothering you. I did not know there.
Speaker 7: Was a conspiracy about that.
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's what they say. And the Jets just live really high up. And the people down below are like kind of the poorer people.
Speaker 7: All right. Never considered that. I've got to take a quick break. Our number is 866-YO-ROVER, 866-967-6837. We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Hang on.
Speaker 1: The one constant in your life is Rover's Morning Glory.
Speaker 16: Martin wants me to tell Crystal that the Jetsons and the Flintstones, not the same planet, not the same time, whatever.
Speaker 7: Maybe the same planet, but different times. Because he says there is a TV movie, Jetsons Meet the Flintstones, where Elroy Jetson builds a time machine for a school science project that accidentally sends his.
Speaker 3: Family back to the Stone Age. Jeffrey should have known that. Yeah, I knew that, I knew about that. Why didn't you say that?
Speaker 2: Now there are other Height of Barbaria cartoons that center around the family. There's one called Wait Till Your Father Gets Home, which is made in the late 60s, early 70s.
Speaker 3: And then there was one called.
Speaker 2: The Roman Holidays, Think of it as the Flintstones and the Jetsons, but.
Speaker 3: Set in Roman times.
Speaker 12: Whoa.
Speaker 7: I remember that one, and that was not that good, I don't think. I think I remember that one vaguely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gus Holiday, the main character, was an architect, and he has to put up with his.
Speaker 3: Landlord, Mr.
Speaker 2: Evictus, so they all had Greek-sounding names and whatnot. But that was kind of funny in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Greek-sounding name or Roman-sounding name?
Speaker 2: Roman-sounding name, however the hell you want to put it.
Speaker 3: Okay. Either way, chariots were the main means of transportation.
Speaker 5: Um....
Speaker 7: Somebody says, speaking of TikTok, I just came across a video where a person referred to a serial killer as a serial unaliver because they didn't want to say killer.
Speaker 3: That made me laugh, the person says.
Speaker 7: Well, we were just talking about Doozy has discovered TikTok Live and she's watching all these auctions and people selling junk and just these ridiculous, stupid streams. There is something on TikTok that I saw. Here is a woman who who is a waitress who wants to point something out to you.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, let me ask you this question.
Speaker 7: Have you ever dined at a restaurant, Charlie, where you get the bill and you see gratuity is included? They add like an 18% or 20% gratuity in there?
Speaker 3: Yeah. Have you seen this? Okay.
Speaker 7: So you pay that, they just automatically add that in.
Speaker 3: Well, this woman wants to point something out here.
Speaker 1: So you're saying do you tip on top of that?
Speaker 3: Well, of course not. I don't. Do you? Well, it all depends. If they come out and tell me, hey, gratuities included, then I go, okay, cool. Then I'll throw a dollar. An extra few percent in there. I do too sometimes. Oh, you just said you didn't. Well- You just said you didn't. No, no, I do. I just want.
Speaker 2: To say that a lot of restaurant receipts would say 18% gratuity is added on to the bill of parties of six or more.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Six people.
Speaker 7: I get that, but I've- No, some restaurants just add it all the time. No, it depends what the percentage is. So sometimes they'll say an 18% gratuity is automatically applied, and I'll add another 5% or so on top of that.
Speaker 3: No, I had six. I had seven. All right, cool.
Speaker 1: No, but if they don't tell me- And then I'll always notice it after I've already written out the tip. And then I'll notice and I'll go, wait, they didn't tell me that it's already included. Sometimes I'll scratch that tip out because I like them being upfront about it. If they're upfront, then I'll give some more. And a lot of them.
Speaker 7: Don't tell you, especially in places like Miami where they include, most of the restaurants in Miami include a tip, a gratuity. And a lot of times they don't tell you because- They catch American tourists off guard because normally you tip on top of your check.
Speaker 3: So they just automatically... So then.
Speaker 7: They're really getting an incredible huge tip. They're getting double tipped. Actually, they're getting more than double tipped because you're tipping on a price that already.
Speaker 3: Included the tip. And you're like, oh, I owe $ 30 and it's really. You owe 20 or whatever.
Speaker 1: And then so you're like, okay, well, I guess I'll give him $ 6.
Speaker 3: And then so now, yeah, I get what you're saying. It's just way more.
Speaker 7: So this woman, though, she's saying that's all wrong, Charlie, that we're misreading what's going on here.
Speaker 3: Listen to this. Oh, sorry, my bad, restarted. All right, here we go. There we go.
Speaker 6: What's up, y'all? Welcome back to another day in the life as a waitress.
Speaker 10: I just want to let everybody know that gratuity is not a tip. Gratuity is gratuity and a tip is a tip.
Speaker 6: Let me explain.
Speaker 10: Gratuity is often split between all the waitresses depending on where you work. out of that gratuity the waitress has to pay the bartender the person making your drink out of that gratuity the bar the server also has to pay the bar back who are the people who come and help clean up take make sure the table stay clean so when i give somebody a receipt and they look at me and they say oh gratuity is included i say gratuity is included but a tip is not gratuity is gratuity and a tip is a tip and i If gratuity isn't solely going to the person who's serving you and your server is treating you right, making sure you have everything, keeping your space clean, being responsive and just being a great server, then you should tip your server. And if you can't afford to tip, then you shouldn't be out, plain and simple.
Speaker 7: All right, now, this is a real bitch move right here. Gratuity is a tip, okay? Don't try and confuse people by this. This is That's a tip. That's exactly what it is. I would not, if they put a 20% gratuity on my check, normally I tip about 25%. But if they put a 20% tip, what are you laughing at? It's getting bigger and bigger. Every time you mention it, the number goes up. As Charlie said, he tipped. No, no, if I get a regular bill and I tip, usually what I'll do is- 30%. It's very easily easy to calculate 20%. You can calculate 20% of anything.
Speaker 3: But you don't do that. You take the extra step to do it a little harder.
Speaker 7: No, no, I'll round it up generally. So it probably comes to about 25%. It's not a hard and fast rule. I'm not doing the math on it, but it's about 25%. Always over 20%, could be 22%, could be 29%. But that's a tip. If it comes with a gratuity included, that's a tip as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 3: It's another word for tip. Yeah, it's the same word. Yes, it is.
Speaker 7: What she's claiming is that, well, You have to tip on top of the gratuity.
Speaker 3: And if you can't, if you don't do that, you shouldn't go out. That's BS. Screw that, screw her.
Speaker 7: And if she made that comment to me, if I would say, gratuities included. First of all, she should say that, like Charlie said. When she brings the, hey, there's an 18% gratuity. I feel like I'm getting scammed when they don't say it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel you're trying to take advantage of me, and now I'm not going to give you anything extra. But if you come up and you're upfront about it, and you're like, hey, there's already 20% on there. I go, okay, thank you. Then maybe I'll throw an extra couple bucks. Not an extreme amount, I'm just saying. If you get the check, she doesn't say anything, and you go, oh, gratuity is included. If the waitress had the nerve to say to you, Yeah, but that's a gratuity, not a tip.
Speaker 3: What would you do?
Speaker 1: I'd be confused at what she was saying. I'd probably ask her, what do you mean? Isn't that the same word? And then she would give me the speech and I'd go, huh, okay, noted. And then as she walked away, I wouldn't tip anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'd leave.
Speaker 7: And then you could never go back there because you're gonna spit in your food or whatever, but.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 4: We always have to, I mean, whether it's a tip or gratuity, For my shifts, I would always have to split with the busboy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: So gratuity, what she's claiming is she's saying, oh, but you have to split this.
Speaker 3: But a tip, a quote unquote tip, you'd also do that, correct, Snits?
Speaker 4: Always.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unless she's pocketing tips. It sounds like she is. It sounds like she's.
Speaker 1: Saying if it's an automatic gratuity, she can't hide that from the busboys or anything. So she takes that auto thing and then splits it up.
Speaker 3: But her tip money, she just keeps for herself. But you're supposed to pool it all together, right?
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 3: I don't know how that works. No, that's not how it works.
Speaker 5: No, no, no.
Speaker 3: You give up a percentage of your tips to the- Like what percentage?
Speaker 1: Whatever that restaurant- Do you have to go to each person working or does it, you go to like a general fund?
Speaker 11: It depends on the place. Sometimes there's a manager who collects the money and gives it out.
Speaker 3: And then he divvies it out, okay.
Speaker 7: Okay, so now, wait, so let's say you get, just for the sake.
Speaker 3: Of argument, a 20% tip.
Speaker 7: You worked at a- a steak place right uh sure hmm uh i forget exactly outbacker of the year oh outbacker of the year okay um but no maybe i thought you worked at where's.
Speaker 3: The other place that you worked uh where else did he work.
Speaker 1: He worked at like 50 restaurants a bunch of restaurants he was the fine dining.
Speaker 6: One was that me you're thinking about i worked.
Speaker 3: Fine dining Okay, what fine dining restaurant did you work at? Was it a chain? Was it a standalone? It was a standalone. Okay. Now, let's say you get a 20% tip there. Okay. For the sake of argument, let's.
Speaker 7: Say it's $ 50.
Speaker 3: How much do you get to keep out of that $ 50 then? Well, it depends on what that restaurant has.
Speaker 6: policy what they deem to.
Speaker 11: Give the yeah the the host the uh bussers the bartender you give a little percentage of your tips to.
Speaker 15: Them like 10 15 20 is it half percent five percent ten percent it's a lower amount it's not half okay okay and everybody does scam restaurants have going on really without paying their employees yeah yeah yeah that's a that's a total scam and And just raised, I'm all for getting rid of tips.
Speaker 3: It would solve a lot of disputes.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, just keep it regular auto gratuity, and I'm not expected. And then if I really like you, maybe I'll throw some extra in. But if it was just auto done at every, not just for tables of six or more, just auto done, cool, I'm fine with it.
Speaker 3: And not even auto gratuity. You just raise your price.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they don't even put gratuity. If you go to Europe, they don't put auto gratuity. It's a price, and you are not expected to tip whatsoever, even in a bar. You don't tip bartenders, nothing. So I would be totally fine with that. B2 and I went out to dinner. Maybe about a month ago, and it was very aggravating because I don't remember where we went, but they had a line. There's two things they do.
Speaker 3: Number one, a while ago, we went to a restaurant. I think I told you about this.
Speaker 7: And they put a donation, a quote unquote donation of a dollar on the bill. And they claim that that's going to some sort of charity or whatever. And I guess there's a little placard on the table and it's like, unless you tell us not to put this, we're going to add a $ 1 donation. That's a scam. I don't know where that money is going to. To me, scam, don't do that. Restaurants, please. That pisses people off. I didn't like that. The other thing that we're having more recently was that on the bill, it had a breakdown or it had something that a portion of the bill, there was a line item that And it said this is for employee health care.
Speaker 3: I don't like that.
Speaker 11: Gordon Ramsay's restaurant in Gordon Ramsay, the Hell Kitchen in DC, it said that.
Speaker 3: The first time I saw that, I go, I don't care where all this money's going. How much do you pay for electric? Exactly.
Speaker 7: I don't put that on there. What they're trying to do is guilt you. And I guess maybe they're trying to guilt you. They should feel guilty themselves. Is it added health insurance?
Speaker 3: No, it's just broken down. It's just broken down. I'm wearing the checks going. It's like, I don't care. I don't know how much it's in rent. I don't like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, who cares? It's a light bill, yeah. But a gratuity is, as far as I'm concerned, it's a tip. So that chick could kiss my ass, and I don't know what she's riled up about. Peter in Vero Beach, Florida. You're on Rover's Morning Glory.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Peter.
Speaker 12: Hey, good morning, sir. How are you doing today?
Speaker 3: Hey, what's happening?
Speaker 14: Hey, my son and he's.
Speaker 12: A general manager down in Delray at a restaurant. And I travel a lot to Europe. Number one, Europeans do not tip because they pay their servers very well, more than minimum wage. And I believe our restaurant owners are have to start paying our people more money. And that's the bottom line, because there's times these servers don't deserve 20, they only deserve 5%. I go round and round with my son-in-law all the time about this. And number two is some restaurants are putting a service charge, not a service charge, but a restaurant charge that don't even go to tips on your bill, and people don't even know it. So I don't understand that either. We need to start paying our servers more than $ 10 an hour, and we can tip as much as we want.
Speaker 7: Well, I say no tips, and I say you just increase the price of everything, and I'd be fine paying that.
Speaker 3: And then you can.
Speaker 7: Decide for yourself whether you go, okay, is this place too expensive for me or whatever? I don't like the way that they are doing this with tips, and it just doesn't seem.
Speaker 3: Right to me.
Speaker 12: And you're right about all these extras are putting on our bills.
Speaker 5: Terrible.
Speaker 12: We used to go out for breakfast and have a great breakfast for 20, 30 bucks. Now it's 50, $ 60 for a breakfast.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 7: And then speaking of things being put on your bills, everybody is doing this now as a way, I guess, to be like, Oh, I'm, I just want to get more money out of you.
Speaker 3: Here's what I'm doing.
Speaker 7: How many places now charge a fuel surcharge for everything? I mean, it's, whether it's deliveries, it's your landscape, or it's, what did I just see a fuel surcharge on on a billet I got? I go, you got to be kidding me. You're charging me a fuel surcharge? Just bake that into the price. Don't break it down for me line by line. Esty in Youngstown, you're on Rover's Morning Glory.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 5: Hi, we're at work. Good morning, guys. Hi. I do agree with that last caller. If you pay these people a living wage, then they're not begging for tips, and you might get better service all around.
Speaker 3: A lot of people claim the opposite. They go, no, no, I buy no, but.
Speaker 7: A lot of people go, well, why would you get good service at a restaurant if they didn't have tips?
Speaker 3: Well, because if you're a bad server, they would fire you. That's why. It's like any other job.
Speaker 14: I was a manager for a while at a.
Speaker 5: Restaurant, and we did not have We let you decide that yourself, and they actually paid us more than the minimum tip wage, which is ridiculously low. You can't live on that by any means. But if you tip on a credit card, there's no way around not splitting that tip. And if you're getting tipped in cash.
Speaker 14: Then the server actually can either.
Speaker 3: She should, or.
Speaker 5: He, I should say, they should pull it and split it. But when you give them cash, at least then you know your server's getting the money and they're not having to share it with people that really had no, yeah, they made your food, they cleaned up after you, but they're getting paid more.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but they're also getting paid, aren't they getting paid crap money too?
Speaker 14: No, they're better.
Speaker 5: They don't have to rely on the tips. They're not the ones doing the serving.
Speaker 14: The servers are the only.
Speaker 5: Ones getting that lower wage, typically. They're getting at least minimum wage, regular minimum wage, not.
Speaker 3: Server minimum wage.
Speaker 7: I've never seen an industry, there's no other industry where people are paid this way. It just doesn't exist. It's ridiculous. It is ridiculous. All these restaurant owners should band together. And stop doing this.
Speaker 14: You can eliminate the need for tipping if you.
Speaker 5: Just pay a normal living wage to these people, then they.
Speaker 3: Don't have to sit in bed. Yes, and I'm not blaming the restaurant owners.
Speaker 7: For instance, the restaurant owners, they go, I mean, whatever scam, they must have some reason for doing this.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Maybe they don't have to pay as much on payroll tax or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 14: I have no idea, but- But they have to pay tax.
Speaker 5: On their tips when they're done that way. You pay taxes on your tips if it comes out of off of a credit card or something because it's running through the register at that point.
Speaker 7: But nobody would complain if restaurants just started charging 20 percent more.
Speaker 3: All right. And if you didn't have to pay tax.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly. And you pay the employees the standard minimum wage for everybody. Get rid of the stupid server minimum wage, and then you don't have to worry about tips.
Speaker 7: Now, maybe the reason, and I've never managed a restaurant.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Wesley. Maybe the reason why they do this, one of the reasons, is.
Speaker 7: That if you have seven servers on duty and you're paying them, you have to pay... You're paying them whether you have customers or not, so in slow times. So if they're making their money off of tips, I guess you could have as many servers as you want there, and you're paying them next to nothing, and it doesn't cost the restaurant owner anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that sucks for the person working. It does, of course.
Speaker 1: It's not their fault that nobody's showing up. They're still not at home. They're at their job.
Speaker 3: They should be getting paid. Yeah.
Speaker 7: RJ says there is no tax on tips anymore. Rib says that as well. I know there was something. I forgot about that, yeah. Trump changed. There's a limit, but yeah. All right, so it's the first X amount of dollars you don't get taxed on, whatever those tips are.
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes. I'm so-called one big beautiful bill. A lot of Democrats call it the one big ugly bill because it gives the tax breaks to the billionaires.
Speaker 8: Mm-hm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that bill is chopped. No reaction from Mr.
Speaker 2: LaRocque.
Speaker 3: All right, Doozy, what do you have coming up in the shizzy?
Speaker 4: Rutgers University Dean is caught doing something so disturbing and embarrassing.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you the story next.
Speaker 3: All right, I like hearing stories like this. We'll be right back on Rover's Morning Glory. Hang on.