Speaker 1: All right, Mojo in the morning show Phone numbers eight four to four Mojo Live eight four four six six five six five for eight Texas nine five five zero zero. You know, I always like to lead with example examples here on the show. My goal is to never ask you guys to do anything that I wouldn't do. I have had moments in my career where people have said to me, why don't you show and go? You know, show and go is what are we talking about? Do your four and hit the door, you know where you kind of show up for the show, Just do it and leave, kind of kind of like the guy nextored us. You know, No, I'm just kidding, Josh, Actually we're sorry. There have been some morning shows though. I'm always blown away when I talk to some of these other morning shows and I'll get like a text message and I'm like, wait a second, your show is still on the air, And I'm like, yeah, I left an hour.
Speaker 2: I voice tracked the last hour of the show.
Speaker 3: There's so many shows we know that do that, Like, are.
Speaker 2: You kidding me?
Speaker 1: I get chowsen what you guys do, Like we stay on the air till ten thirty, when our show's supposed to be over with at ten and sometimes we don't even had a ten thirty. Sometimes I get got damn Daniel and Toledo saying, are.
Speaker 2: You guys ever going to end the show?
Speaker 3: Daniel? We love you so.
Speaker 1: Long story short. Friday, I did my foreur and hit the door. Friday. I needed to get out of here because I had some things I had to do. I had to take some pictures for some stuff.
Speaker 3: Dude, you did not even say goodbye to me, Shannon.
Speaker 2: I had to go. Weally.
Speaker 4: We didn't even record our weekend weathers that we were supposed to.
Speaker 3: We did nothing.
Speaker 1: I figured, I don't care what the weekend, whether it is, we're gonna people can People will go outside and look outside and they'll figure it out. So I text earlier in the show because I looked at myself in the morning, I was like, man, I should have called and got a gotten a haircut. I didn't get a haircut. So I text George from six Salon because he works down at the six Salon here in Detroit on Woodward. They got like three locations of it. They got the one I go to all the time with Katrina and Birmingham. Then they have Royal Oak and then they have one downtown, which, by the way, was my first time ever walking in that salon.
Speaker 2: I text him, I said, hey, are you in the salon today? He goes yeah.
Speaker 1: I go cool. I was going to ask you if there's any way I could come in and just get a clean up. I needed a clean up job, so I was taking some pictures. He says absolutely. He says, what time can you be here? I said, well, I need to do it quick because I got something going on at like eleven thirty. Can you get me in before? He said absolutely. He gets me in at eleven o'clock in the morning. We end the show at ten thirty. I say, I got to get out of here. I say something to Zach. I go, Zach, I'm gonna sneak out here real quick. If anybody says anything, tell them I'm in the bathroom. And I said, I feel bad. I should talk to Lydia because I always at very least sometimes I'll say I'll leave and I won't say goodbye to you know, keV and Shannon and you know now Anna, but I will make sure I say goodbye to the girls because they're in the other room and Beyonca I think you were in the studio with me when I was leaving, So I think you were in here.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well so I was like bye, peace out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I said goodbye to you.
Speaker 1: But I think about a Lydia and I felt really bad about the whole thing, and I was like, ah, I should probably text her. And then I'm like, you know what, I'll just go get my haircut and maybe after my thing, I'll come back to the station because Lydia sometimes we'll stay at the studios until like one o'clock, three o'clock in the afternoon. I get over to six Salon I Park, which, by the way, what a great location.
Speaker 2: Straight off whoa what I mean?
Speaker 1: That Apple store looks really not It was packed on Friday always all we look like downtown Detroit looks like a downtown city, Like it looks really nice.
Speaker 2: Like it doesn't look like what.
Speaker 1: Detroit looked like super Bowl time back back in like twenty six. We actually have buildings. Back then, they had fake buildings. They had like styrofoam buildings back then. If you ever heard about that story they had it made it look like a fake outside. So I get into the salon and George is there, and he goes, hey, one of your your people that you work with is hair And I'm thinking, oh, okay, one of the you know, maybe people that work in the sales department or something like that, or like playing hooky from work on a Friday. And I look over at the you know, shampoo bowls that they have there. They got like seven of them lined up with the packed. This place is like jammed on a Friday, Friday afternoon, and Lydia's got her head in the champoos ball there.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking to myself, I'm playing hooky. She's in the shampoo ball. She left before the show.
Speaker 7: No, I did not, don't don't make false accusations. I definitely left out at like five.
Speaker 2: How did you leave? How did he I have.
Speaker 6: Recorded station features.
Speaker 7: We were done.
Speaker 2: I got out of here at How did you get there so fast? Because I literally drove all the way over there.
Speaker 1: I parked in the twenty dollars lot, which by the way, is expensive as all the park.
Speaker 2: That guy's a robber.
Speaker 6: Yeah, in the back, that is, he's a robber.
Speaker 2: I said, like him, I sent you the guy.
Speaker 6: I go.
Speaker 1: He gets out of a car. First off, he looks shady as hell. He gets out of a car and he goes, that's twenty dollars for two hours. Twenty dollars or two hours of my Hubcab's gonna still be there when I leave. You're gonna sell my car, aren't you.
Speaker 6: I got a different guy for you.
Speaker 2: Please. Actually, if I knew that Lydia was going there, would have taken a ride from her.
Speaker 6: You should have.
Speaker 1: So she goes, So Lydia is there. She's getting her hair done before the show even ended.
Speaker 6: That's still not true. But I ran into Lydia on the way out.
Speaker 5: I think I was running to the bathroom because we had just ended the show and she had me stuff and I was like, wait, what's going on?
Speaker 6: And She's like, I have an appointment? And I did?
Speaker 2: Did? She play it off like it was an important appointment.
Speaker 5: Just at appointment, and I didn't ask questions. But I also lived downtown, so imagine this. I'm walking past six Solon, I look in the window. I see Lydia am Then.
Speaker 6: I walked, Oh, you had an appointment too. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I was like kidding out.
Speaker 6: I was like, dang, I feel really left out. I should have hair washed.
Speaker 1: Shannon The funny thing is I'm trying to hide myself playing uh, you know, ditch Senior Ditch Day and Lydia's Senior Ditch Day. And before me, she was like there and she was getting her hair done. And when did you have?
Speaker 8: First?
Speaker 2: Off? Is that the salon that you normally go to? Do you normally go to six Downtown?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: I normally go to see Carson at six in Birmingham. But I started seeing Andrea, who only works at the six in Detroit. So I fell in love with the way that she does my hair, So now I go to see her.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Thanks to I felt like I was cheating on Katrina on Friday. I felt bad because normally if I called Katrina, she'll get me in. She's great about that. But I had something downtown and I couldn't go all the way to Birmingham and then drive all the way back downtown. Yeah, and so I thought, oh, geez, but I will Can I throw this out there? Has anybody ever caught their coworker doing something during work hours that they shouldn't have been doing. This reminded me so much of the days when we would see our coworkers at like Target in the middle of the day doing yoga or doing yoga.
Speaker 4: And I used to do yoga all the time, and we could make the twelve thirty class because we were done with our show. But everybody else was supposed to be working, and we'd walk in and see Heather and Kelly and Andrew. I'd be like, oh, hey.
Speaker 5: Guys, with all the work from home, it has to be absolutely yeah.
Speaker 7: Didn't you have a former audio producer who would be late for work and he would stop and get bagels on the way in.
Speaker 2: There was Eric. Eric used to But Eric Eric was different.
Speaker 1: There's there's a difference between the guy that always shows up late, because honestly, I think you show up late, that's the part that you got it.
Speaker 2: You gotta at least show up on time.
Speaker 1: But Eric would show up like late, and he would always pretend like he was stuck in the what was that bagel place that Einstein's Alston coming in with a bag of Einstein He did go man, the line of Einstein was crazy. Today I'm like three hours.
Speaker 4: Crazy and Estein's doesn't even open until after the show starts.
Speaker 9: I'd like to be all a few times on my quote unquote lunch break really Linda bell all and chilled, or you know, did other things.
Speaker 3: I see fair, that's your lunch break. Shouldn't you be able to do whatever you want with that time?
Speaker 9: Absolutely? Absolutely? Or you schedule a meeting. I don't know if you're really meeting. He's got a block off your calendar.
Speaker 1: Kevin, Kevin, there have been times where you're like, I'm out and I'm like, oh, where's he going. He's got like a doctor's appointment or something like that. I know you're just sitting on the couch watching what's up?
Speaker 2: Keith? Hi, how you doing?
Speaker 6: Hey Mojoe, it's Keith.
Speaker 2: Remember a couple of weeks ago you're freaking out about Tigers not making the playoffs? Yeah? I thought it was not possible. Yeah that's what.
Speaker 1: Hey, Keith, Keith, Keith, we're playing the Guardians. What what's our record against the Guardians this year? We don't turn this crap around, We're going to be We're going to be out in two games. So right now, people fans were pissed that they rested Trek Scoogle yesterday because a lot of people wanted to to win their division, and I thought like that was actually ridiculous that fans were upset that Trek Scoogle was sitting.
Speaker 2: You save him for game one when the playoffs start? Is I think tomorrow?
Speaker 1: That's hats If I'm not mistaken, I think that the wild Card starts tomorrow. Susan, we're talking about playing hooky from work.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 8: Good morning, guys.
Speaker 2: Morning.
Speaker 10: I So I used to work at.
Speaker 9: Tony Paco's downtown across from the.
Speaker 10: Ballpark in Toledo.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And so one day I wanted to go to a baseball game really early, So I left early, left, you know, my other shift manager in charge.
Speaker 10: I get there and.
Speaker 8: My GM is there, who had already called off for the day.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: So he calls off saying that he's not coming to work. Did he say he was sick or something?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, he said he was sick. He had streped throat.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you can't do that though, you can't like go to a big event like that.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you're gonna into somebody.
Speaker 8: He wasn't sick at all. He just definitely wanted to go to the game.
Speaker 3: No, that's what we're saying.
Speaker 9: Yeah, not let people do this at Pistons games where you see fans getting really loud and the camera wants to point it at him, and people been like, no, no, no, I'm not supposed to be here.
Speaker 1: There was a news report I remember back in the day that somebody got busted and they ended up getting fired. I think it was Channel four and Detroit did a news report on oh the events happened in this weekend at Arts, Beats and Eats, And it was a lady who had called in sick from the hospital I think it was Beaumont at the time, and called in sick from the hospital and there she was sitting there having drinks at Arts, Beats and Eats, walking around and her bosses ended up seeing it. My favorite ever though, This was one of my favorite things ever. We used to have a lady that used to work here at the station. Her name was Cheryl, and these were this is back when you had like our offices used to have twenty eight people just in the front office. And it was the GM. It was back we had GM, We had a business department, we had h are, we had all this stuff, like we have none of this stuff anymore now. It's all in India or something.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It's like some you know, guy answering the phone that says his name is Keith, but his real name is not you know. And long story short, we would we would go as a show, all of us as a show, would go to shop for like bits that we had the next day, like contests and things that we're doing, and we would be like walking the store and all of a sudden, I'd hear is that Cheryl's voice And I would go to the next ale and it would be all the ladies from the office and it would be like one o'clock in the afternoon and they've been gone for two and a half three hours, team bonding. And Steve Shram, the old boss, the general manager, was none the wiser. He thought that they were all in as Lydia was a media I love that Lydia told you she was going to a meeting, an appointment, an appointment.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't mind.
Speaker 2: If she would have asked, I have told her, I don't care, cele that's what's happening.
Speaker 8: I So when I lived in Alaska, I worked at a doggy daycare center and we had two buildings. They were directly across the street from one another. One was for boarding and like playgrounds. The other one was like grooming and another playground. Well, my boss came in the owner of the buildings and said, we have to close down the building for the day, so we need to move over what we can to the other building. So we were all moving all the supplies over and a couple hours into the day, starting at my cowork and I realized we have forgot stuff, so we went back to the other to grab it. And when we walked in, she was in the back of the dogwash area making an adult film with a toy and the dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah wait a second, she was like doing her own like, uh yeah, it.
Speaker 8: Was her and then two guys and she was in the bathtub and they were filming her like playing with herself.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's kinky. Have you ever seen the video? Like did you ever go on?
Speaker 8: Like not a good look, I.
Speaker 6: Would say to the Google.
Speaker 1: Any way, that is the weirdest porn ever, Like we're having porn at.
Speaker 2: The doggy days.
Speaker 6: How do you google that?
Speaker 2: I know what category? Does that come up? As? What's up? Christian? Hey all you guys, good buddy Christian. Actually not Kristin what's going on?
Speaker 10: So there was one time that you know, I was paying a trip to Florida. My brother wanted to go, so he told his job that a family member died. But this guy didn't think it through, so he posted on Facebook his whole trip and we were on a yacht the whole time. So they called him about two days later and fired him.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, use Yeah, you do not kill off family.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I know, that's what I told him, but I should. I also told him held have thought about it and been like my grandma or something, one of her ashes out in the water.
Speaker 2: So that's actually a really good one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, question for you, Christian, are you intrigued at all to watch the porn.
Speaker 2: From inside of the doggy daycare doggy bath?
Speaker 10: No, I'm okay with that one.
Speaker 1: I kind of want to know what it looked like, you know, I'm kind of interested.
Speaker 10: I'd rather just imagine it, and I'll be okay.
Speaker 1: With that, all right.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for the call. Appreciate it.