Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 2: Knows so. A statement from his family went on to say, the magnitude.
Speaker 3: Is passing is of epic proportions and beyond comprehension. I don't know, I comprehend it. The guy died and epic proportions.
Speaker 4: Okay, sure you don't think when you pass that it's going to be the end of an error.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 2: God, I wish I thought of that. That is very funny.
Speaker 1: And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 5: And Ded.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody, Bill Handle Here.
Speaker 3: It is a Tuesday morning Taco Tuesday, October twenty once as we start the show.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I'm so tired this morning.
Speaker 3: I'm seriously thinking of just sleeping through the first hour and then you guys handle it.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, what would we ever do?
Speaker 2: You'd handle it while I was sleeping.
Speaker 1: That's I'm pretty tired too. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe you and I were connected. Last night I could not sleep to save my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a little rough.
Speaker 3: Last night I took a pill and it wasn't my normal ambient either.
Speaker 2: It was something else. They just wipe me out. I don't know what the hell it is. Man, did it work? Okay? Let me say quick hello to one and all. Cono, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 1: I slept great.
Speaker 2: I was just about to ask you, how'd you sleep last night? Con O? Wonderful?
Speaker 3: There you go. Yeah, that was going to happen in life. But thanks for thanks for coming in on that. Thank you, Neil, good.
Speaker 1: Morning, Good morning, Willie Woolf.
Speaker 2: There you o or there you go? Amy?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 2: How about them Jays? Huh?
Speaker 5: You know, I'm fine with that. I was really hoping the Mariners were going to get there, just because they haven't been to the World Series ever, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they are.
Speaker 3: Weren't they part of the last expansion, which they haven't had an expansion team? And you know, I don't know forty years, fifty years? Allowed you when when did Baseball last expanded? Last expand?
Speaker 5: I think Mariners have always been there. Were they an expansion team? Cono? They were?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the Nationals are an expansion team and that was like early two thousands, so not forty years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the first time an expansion team went onto the World Series was it went forever. Expansion teams just don't do well because they're expansion teams.
Speaker 2: God, I'm good at this, man, I gotta tell you, I gotta do sports talk. All right, Well, good morning.
Speaker 5: You and Fred Rogan can switch spots.
Speaker 2: Yeah we can.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Bill, Good morning, and well, first of all, helloay Ann, good morning and good morning. Okay, a little sports trivia, all right? In a polo what's they call one of the periods of polo? You know, there's four of them. Uh, and they're not quarters, you know what they're called? Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: No one knows that we're talking about sports.
Speaker 2: You're talking about a timeout board. It's chuckers, It's a chuck. It's a chucker.
Speaker 5: Chuck Yeah, woodchuck wo.
Speaker 2: Okay, excellent. Actually yeah, I didn't know that. All right. Uh, that's basically what's going on.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know what today is.
Speaker 3: Not crazy newsday as it was every other day other than the government shut down. The White House is uh has exploded outward for that new ballroom.
Speaker 2: A lot going on I saw, except there is it A lot going on?
Speaker 1: What I saw a headline that said.
Speaker 4: Uh, something along the lines of Trump takes a bulldozer to the White House.
Speaker 1: No, a real bull doves there.
Speaker 2: That's not bad.
Speaker 1: I thought it was kind of funny. It was kind of funny, all right, got clever, you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: I know you have to.
Speaker 3: And today is Mike Dubuski is filling in today for Rich. So we'll talk to Mike ABC reporter, a tech reporter, and we've got that aws uh, you know, the explosion in the uh the world of a WS. I first of all, I had no idea, aws uh, the service, I guess the cloud servicing.
Speaker 5: Amazon Web Services.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, they're like the biggest in the world. No, I knew that, uh until yesterday.
Speaker 3: Oh, actually I knew that strangely enough, you know, mister tech, mister tech here knew that.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, let's do it. It's time for.
Speaker 3: Handle on the News with Amy Neil and me lead story. Well, LA Mayor Karen Vass and a bunch of congressional Democrats. Uh, they have announced a sweeping investigation into the misconduct or a llegied misconduct in the Trump Administration's immigration crackdown that has 'staired citizens. The way it's being described by the La Times, made use of racial profiling and terrified communities for months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, here's the problem, guys.
Speaker 3: First of all, the court system is giving the administration.
Speaker 2: Much, much much leeway discussion.
Speaker 3: The Appeals nine Circuit Court of Appeals Portland said, bottom line, if the President says it's a rebellion, it's a rebellion. If the President said that Portland is a city that is open rebellion is part of an invading force, it's an invading force. And if the President says that picking up people with these immigration crackdowns is going against people who are invading the United States, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: This is going to go no place.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately you don't.
Speaker 4: So a local local government doesn't have the right to protect their people. Let's say the percentage is too high of citizens being thrown in with non citizens.
Speaker 3: No, I think the court is going to say, well, first of all, the investigation means nothing, because what if the city determines, yes, you violated the law.
Speaker 2: To the federal officials, what do they get it? What a city going to do. We're gonna arrest you. If you don't, we're going to find you.
Speaker 3: We're going to have a court order against the federal government from a city. No, So nothing's going to happen about this. But the fun part I like this. Do I believe there's aggressive immigration crack down? Of course there is, has it in ISD there?
Speaker 2: Citizens?
Speaker 3: Yeah, except the citizens I have been arrested for the most part for resisting the police or obstructing the police. In terms of immigration, they per se weren't picked up. I can't believe if someone else, I'm a citizen and just sits there and puts his hands his or her hands in the air, They're going to be arrested. I do believe that most of these, if not all of them, have been then getting involved in trying to stop immigration from arresting friends, neighbors, people next to them. But Christinom the Department of Homeland Security, Sucker Terry said, we are only only going after the worst of the worst. And what are the courts gonna say if they say they're the worst of the worst, they're the worst of the worst. For example, you see that group of nuns over there that are praying they are the worst of the worst and they are terrorists, and the court, yeah, and the court, and I think the appeals court would say if the government says that group of nuns that are on their knees praying are terrorists and are open rebellion to the United States. They are an open rebellion to the United States and get picked up. That's the fear that I have. You're going to have a congressional hearing and they're going to rip into Yeah, please, They're going to rip in to the government for doing what it does.
Speaker 2: That's sort of a given.
Speaker 3: But the immigration crackdown is happening in a big way, and unfortunately, the way I view it, the courts are going to be backing up the administration across the board.
Speaker 2: That's a tough one. That's a tough one.
Speaker 3: I think the takeaway here is if the government says that the city of Portland is an open rebellion and trying to overturn the United States, trying to stop the United States or put in a new government, then that's what's doing. And it doesn't matter. It can all be everybody could be in Sunday school. That's the part that scares me. I mean, obviously I'm being a touch hyperbolic here, but the court is these courts are giving the presidency, and it's not just Donald Trump, it's any president the ability to say if I say it is so, it is so, notwithstanding any facts.
Speaker 2: That's what the other cuts what the court said. Also, this is the next story.
Speaker 3: By the way, the appeals court ruling, sorry about taking this away from you, Amy, the National Guard in Portland can go ahead. The president can nationalize the National Guard, even though the lower court said there is no connection between reality and what the president says is happening in Portland, and the court said it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: If the President says it is so, it is. So. That's the part that's scarier than hell. All right, Amy, I took it away from you. Sorry, that's mail. You're up.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're going to keep going. You got it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh no, let's see. Yeah, let's do one more.
Speaker 4: Okay, US and Australia we're buddies, and you have a critical minerals deal being signed at the White House yesterday. So we're you know, looking for these these rare earth resources right because of our issues with China and they're imposing tougher rules on exporting it's you know, critical minerals abroad. So we made an agreement, an eight point five billion dollar deal between one of our allies there and Trump. I'm not sure if he knows what they're for. But he says, in about a year from now, we'll have so much critical minerals and rare earth, you won't know what to do with them. Okay, what do we do with them?
Speaker 2: What do you do with them? Well, they're used in they're using everything.
Speaker 1: Anti fashion electronics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you bet magnets, which I had no idea magnets were this important to everything.
Speaker 5: And they are the Boys in Blue versus the Blue Jays. The Dodgers are going to try to go back to back with World Series wins when they take on the Toronto Blue Jays. The series was set last night when the Blue Jays beat Seattle four to three in Game seven of the American League Championship Series.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm a little confused.
Speaker 3: Yes, the Boys in Blue are going to be facing the Boys in Blue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well there you.
Speaker 5: GOP series starts on Friday, and I have to tell him, very ticked because if it goes to game six, it's gonna be on Halloween. Who planned that?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's very someone did plan that, that's true.
Speaker 1: Look at Amy ticked. It's interesting to see it.
Speaker 3: Yet, Oh my god, So everybody, will there be a Halloween night for example.
Speaker 2: Uh, they're at the ball game.
Speaker 3: Everybody dressed in a costume gets some bobblehead of somebody or other.
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe it's just the head. Oh, no body.
Speaker 2: Hmmm. Aren't Dodger fans just always dressed as criminals? No, they don't have to dress as criminals.
Speaker 1: Wow, it is Halloween jokes. Why you're talking about your people to Game six?
Speaker 5: Would be in Toronto anyway?
Speaker 2: Oh boy, you have game? Do you have tickets?
Speaker 5: By the way, Amy, Nope, I have no World Series tickets.
Speaker 2: They got a little pricey, don't they.
Speaker 5: They do, they do. I haven't checked recently, but they had. I did a story a couple of days ago, and two seats to the Dugout club. Which are you gonna the best seats? Sixty thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: I have a question after a game, all right, you've enjoyed the game, you had great time, you had great food, and then you walk out and you're going to the parking lot, and do you say to yourself, boy, that was worth sixty thousand dollars the last couple of hours.
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 5: I think if you're a grazillion are Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, what was going on fend that much money on bill.
Speaker 4: Pardon any tickets that you would go Simon and Garfunkel getting together again.
Speaker 3: No, Now, the most money I've ever spent for a ticket ever?
Speaker 2: Ever.
Speaker 3: I spent two hundred and seventy five dollars once for a Paul McCartney concert, and I would never.
Speaker 2: Do that again.
Speaker 5: Oh hey, tickets are starting at eight hundred and seven dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but that's out in the parking lot. That's watching it on a jumbo stree.
Speaker 2: Who are we kidding?
Speaker 3: Sitting in somewhere not including park, not including parking. Uh?
Speaker 4: Okay, should Thailand all have an autism warning?
Speaker 1: Well, this is the battle.
Speaker 4: The Food and Drug Administration is being asked or urged by ken View, the owners of Thailand all, to deny a proposal to add further warnings. This would be more and more additional warnings to the acid of minifin products, because the Trump administration linked Thailand all used during pregnancy to autism.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Read Robert F.
Speaker 3: Kennedy Junior, and he's it's astounding. You say it, it must be true, even in light of overwhelming evidence that it's not true.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: If I say autism is connected to this, or this is connect to autism.
Speaker 2: Then it is there, it goes right there, and it just it happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this, Why do they even do the science?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, God forbid we need science anymore. We don't.
Speaker 3: Now science is out is out the window anyway. They're fighting it.
Speaker 5: Okay, round one is done. This is good news. Former President Biden has finished a course of radiation therapy. He's battling an aggressive form of prostate cancer. We found that out a bit a while ago. It's not clear what his next treatment steps might be. The president turns eighty three next month. Biden's daughter posted a short video over brother of her father ringing the bell, which is kind of a traditional thing that you do when you finish cancer treatments. Yeah, I never had to ring the bell.
Speaker 1: Why you finished?
Speaker 5: I know, I got to call my doctor and find out. Why didn't I get to ring the bell?
Speaker 2: I wonder what if he gets is prostate removed?
Speaker 3: Does that go to the Biden library, like in a little jar from aldehyde, that he was.
Speaker 1: A handsome man. That prostate's probably seen some action.
Speaker 3: Hello, Now I'm just thinking of trying to define what is action on a prostate.
Speaker 2: All right, moving on, Neil.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, James B.
Speaker 4: Comy, the former FBI director, is he asked the federal judge just yesterday to dismiss the criminal case against him. Of course, he is referring to it as vindictive prosecution and a direct extension of President Donald Trump's issues with him, his personal animosity that he has towards call me.
Speaker 1: Now we knew that was coming.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah. Now there are three of them that have been indicted.
Speaker 3: You've got Leticia James, James, call me me, and John Bolton Latisia. James and John Bolton probably have a much better chance or they have. There's no issue they have in terms of this kind of argument. Comy has an argument here, and his argument is, as you said, that's personal animosity and vindictive prosecution going after someone strictly for political motives. The problem is, is there any rationale?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Is there nothing that Comy has done wrong? And people were fired on this and quit, you know, senior Department of Justice lawyers walked out the door saying there's not enough evidence here to even go after him.
Speaker 2: And he's saying, I want the.
Speaker 3: Whole case dismissed with prejudice, which means the judge says it's over, it's done. You walk outside the door. We'll see what happens. Do I believe it's vindictive prosecution? Does anybody not believe it is? But as Pam Bondi says, we just follow the law, except when it comes to Tom Holman, who is Director of Ice, then we don't follow the law. A little bit different, all right.
Speaker 5: Flying in style, The Coastguard says it plans to buy two Gulfstream private jets. They're going to be used by Homeland Security Secretary Christy Nome and other Department of Homeland Security and Coast Guard officials. Apparently cost two hundred million dollars. In August, the Post had The Washington Post had reported that Nome was living rent free at a home that was supposed to be used by the Coastguard's top admiral, and was using the Coast Guard's existing jet for personal travel, which of course came under fire by democrats and ethics watchdogs. DHS says nome use of the residents was temporary. She purchased or actually reimbursed the government for private travel. According to the DHS.
Speaker 2: That gets interesting.
Speaker 3: You know that Theoretically, when the president flies on Air Force one for private purposes or his family or whatever, he reimburses the government had pennies on the dollar, and whenever you hear we've reimbursed the government, under these circumstances, it's virtually nothing. It's paid for by the government. And these are you know, two hundred million dollars for a couple of jets. Man, those are high end yet corporate jets. That is not a bad way to travel.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: We've heard about more bodies of deceased hostages coming back home to Israel. In this particular case, they did they identified the remains of a deceased Israeli hostage handed over yesterday and they believe it is the body of Sergeant Major tal Hamim, and they believe he was killed in the Hamas led attack on October seventh, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Now, think about this for a moment.
Speaker 3: I can understand them taking hostages because that's part of a military place. I mean, obviously, I think the Hamas a bunch of animals and terrorists.
Speaker 2: I get that.
Speaker 3: But can you imagine the order of you kill as many as possible, you take as many hostages, and you drag as many bodies as you can to be put into our care, so we can negotiate dead bodies for the end of the war, negotiate some kind of a truce.
Speaker 2: And of course Comas is crazy.
Speaker 3: I mean, they thought that the whole Arab world would rise up and finally put Israel down. I mean, just I don't even understand their thinking. But if the ceasefire falls apart, which very good chance that it will, and Natanya, who is on the verge of opening this thing up again, it'll be over the dead hostages. Israel was supposed to receive all the dead bodies within seventy two hours of the ceasefire signing, and it's been over a week and nope, not yet. Jamas is saying, we don't know where the dead bodies are. They're not in our kit well, and we say care they are. They're not with us. But they said, you said you had them all, Well we don't. All right, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 5: Cancel culture apparently even applies to Starbucks. The union representing Starbucks wants to have Starbucks polled as the official coffee partner of the twenty twenty eight Olympic Games in la The union says that Starbucks treatment of US workers looking to unionize and bargain a contract, as well as allegations of forced labor abroad, conflict with the Olympic Games Code of Ethics. It also alleges the company's supply chain relies on human trafficking and slavery like labor in Brazil, which is the world's largest coffee grower. Of course, the company has denied those allegations.
Speaker 3: Okay, and we're lookingoking at specially designed coffee houses in the Olympic and Paralympic villages. They want to be the official coffee sponsor, and they are. We have the Dodgers have a couple of official partners, don't they corporate partners?
Speaker 1: Sure? Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it can be an official anything for any venue of any kind.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but for the Dodgers, it's not coffee, it's beer.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Why don't we become Why don't we get an official bagel vendor, that's the official bagel vendor of sponsor of this show. Idea to the official breath freshener of would you have an official breath freshener. That's true, but there's nothing to freshen breath with that, we don't have underlying food.
Speaker 4: Oh so you need some garlic bagels or some onion bagels.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, I just had a garlic bagel this morning.
Speaker 5: Okay, look at the smile on his face with that one.
Speaker 2: I'm right.
Speaker 3: Oh, Soaring over California no longer soaring, Okay, so.
Speaker 4: Soaring around the world. We had Soaring over California. Now in twenty twenty six, as kind of a honor America's two hundred and fiftieth birthday, there's going to be Soaring across America, and it's coming to not a Florida, Walt Disney World's Epcot there and of course California Adventure here in Anaheim.
Speaker 1: Looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she'll be good.
Speaker 3: Now, not only do you have to have a ticket of obviously you on the park, but you have to go a passport in order to get on the ride. But that's okay. We're going to have a rip roaring good time.
Speaker 2: Any Way.
Speaker 3: That was the best ride at California Adventures for years and years I've met.
Speaker 1: Beautiful. It's tear inducing, it's so beautiful.
Speaker 2: Is it still the most high end ride there?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, they got all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 4: They're in cars Land, you have the racers that has tons of fun.
Speaker 5: They're starting into the Galaxy.
Speaker 3: Hello, oh yeah, I'm just not a that's in California Adventures.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's a more extreme ride though, but soaring around Staring around the world is definitely one of the more popular rides.
Speaker 3: And I like it. I like it when they go over the Orange Groves.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they only do that now during select times because really yeah, because they've changed it from sore and over California to soaring around the World.
Speaker 4: Oh, you could actually smell the garbage in the homeless yurine when you when you would fly over La was. I mean, it's tremendous. The imagineers, they.
Speaker 5: Get it right. Yeah, all right, Well, the big beautiful Ballroom is making a big beautiful mess. Construction is underway on the new two hundred and fifty million dollars White House Ballroom. Workers tore down part of the East Wing ahead of building a ninety thousand square foot edition, one of the biggest changes to the White House in decades. A back host started tearing into the side of the east wing facing the Treasury Building.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: Back in July, Trump had said that the ballroom wouldn't actually impact the existing White House structure. But apparently if you take a look at the side of the building that is no longer there, that's not the case.
Speaker 3: And when you think of the White House as this building that is so inviolate, how do you how dare you change the footprint or the look of the White House?
Speaker 2: Well, they it's happened tons of times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean yeah, it's been remodeled, it's been added to, the wings have been added.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I was talking to Karen Travers today from ABC about this, and I was asking, do they need this structure? And she said that when they have these huge state dinners and stuff where they have like up to a thousand people there, they put these she calls them tense, but they're not really because it's like a semi permanent structure. So they're putting that up and tearing that down when they have these big dinners. Now, this is going to be a permit instruction.
Speaker 2: I mean there is one issue.
Speaker 3: The fifty foot tall gold statute of Donald Trump as you go through the entrance. Yeah, like the Colossus of Rhodes, you know, with the big the feet straddling the entrance of the harbor.
Speaker 4: He's putting a penthouse at the top of the Washington mind. Yeah, and then there'll be a big Trump tower on it.
Speaker 1: It'll be great.
Speaker 4: Of course, it'll be taken down by Newsome, who refuses to have balls.
Speaker 1: All right, the.
Speaker 4: Survivor of a US strike on that submersible festival vessel rather you remember the US strike in the Caribbean, and Ecuador says that the survivor that they pulled out, that the US military personnel rescued. They said there's no evidence that he committed any crime, even though the US said that US intelligence confirmed the festival is carrying mostly fetanyl and other illegal drugs.
Speaker 2: Now, I have a question here. It's a couple of things.
Speaker 3: First of all, Ecodor points out, we don't make fentanyl. That's not comes that doesn't come from US, and so that's one issue. The other one is what's a submersible vessel doing out there?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 3: You just happen to be on international waters in your little submarine having a good time.
Speaker 1: You can't really say it's fishing.
Speaker 3: I suppose, I don't think so. So, you know, there are several size of this. But if I had to guess, all things being equal, even without our government saying that our intelligence says that there were.
Speaker 2: There were no ille illegal or there were illegal drugs.
Speaker 3: I'm going you know, I'm going on on the side that it was probably not a good thing out there. It was not a you know, this was not money being given to Mother Teresa's charity.
Speaker 1: Maybe they were trying to smuggle tailant all in for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point. Okay, guys, we're done. You've been listening to the Bill handle the show.
Speaker 3: Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.