Speaker 1: An exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talker. All right, game six is upon us, and we're here right now with the man that's been with the Dodgers longer than anybody else this side of Clayton Kershaw, and that's the one and only Key K Hernandez key K. Thanks a lot for the time and appreciate it and great to catch up with you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, key K.
Speaker 1: When you look at the situation you guys are in, you've been in this spot before, as recently as last year in the NLDS. Do you guys draw upon that feeling and the way you responded?
Speaker 2: Ah, I mean, yeah, you you got to try to find a positive way to think about things. And you know what better way to think about that. We've been here before, and we've gotten out of this hole before, and I think under even tougher circumstances. You know, going into Game four last year down two to one against the Padres at their place, with no starting pitcher kind of put us in a tough spot. But uh, you know, knowing that we came from we came from behind from that and we were able to, you know, to to do it. And for me, you know a few of those guys here, we're here in twenty twenty when we came from behind three to one. There's some of us that have been there, done that, So you know, you just got to find a way to, you know, flesh it out.
Speaker 1: When you have a picture like Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound, for you guys, is that where some of this confidence comes from that you can force a game seven?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, I think with our story in rotation, no matter who's on the mountd we feel really good about it. Obviously, you know who was probably the guy that throwing the ball the best and no better guy to take the mount and again than him with a season on the line, And obviously we know as an offense that we need to we need to pick it up and we need to do our jobs.
Speaker 1: I've seen a lot of your Playoffs series before. There's been times where there's been a lot of overthinking trying to play that chess game with the other pitcher the other team. Do you feel like you're at that point in this series where at some point you guys should just got to find a way to compete in the batter's box and and not worry about what they're trying to do to you, but play to your strengths.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, I just we need to be better overall. I mean just not one thing or the other. We just need to be better. We need to fight. We need to find that fight, and uh, you know, I I'm confident that we're gonna We're gonna show up and we're gonna do that. Obviously, it's a it's a winner go home. So uh, you just gotta leave it all in the field and and compete to the best of your abilities.
Speaker 1: You guys said that you Savage did some different things in game five than what you saw in game one. Do you expect Kevin Gosman to do anything differently or is it going back to what we talked about just seeing what he has that night in a justin game.
Speaker 2: No. Yeah, I think we're gonna do a better job adjusting in game. It's just, uh, I don't necessarily think that Gosman is gonna come out differently. He Uh, he had really good stuff his last time out. He had really good command, he was he threw a great game Game two. Is just we were able to get to him in the seventh inning. So hopefully we can get to him before before the seventh this time through, you're one of.
Speaker 1: The more direct guys, so I'll ask you this direct question. A lot of people are speculating and talking about whether or not that eighteen inning game took a lot out of the team these last two games. Do you feel like that's just something people are trying to grasp to or is there something to it.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously people were going to talk about they got to you know, you got to find that when things are not going well, they're going to speculate about X and ys. And I think we go out, we win Game four, nobody was going to be talking about you know, that took a lot of out of us. You know, it's just even in Game three, in that eighteen inning game, we were just not really doing much as an offense, and the only difference was that their offense wasn't doing anything as well. So the last couple of days or their offense has been able to capitalize on when they when they've had traffic, they've hit some key homers and we haven't been able to do that. I think for us, it's just a matter of you know, going back to bases and just competing.
Speaker 1: Does anything need to be said before the game? Where was anything said on the plane ride here? Or does nothing need to be said?
Speaker 2: Uh? I think things that happen in locker rooms should stay in the locker room. I don't think that's uh. You know. I'll let you guys create narratives, but I think the locker room is his or own private space and what happens in there should probably stay in there.
Speaker 1: All right, sounds good? I love it. Thanks K, Thank you for the time.
Speaker 2: Cool Thanks