Speaker 1: The quest for the three feat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is world Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: Here we go again, Rigera running back.
Speaker 3: To get him on the show called eight six six, not eighty seven two five seven, And be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts. Here's your host, David vaseast day.
Speaker 2: Welcome the Dodger Talk. David Vase with you until eleven thirty tonight from Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium. After the Red Sox win the first of three games this weekend, nine to four the final score. Brian Bao starred the Netflix Red Sox documentary Now a Relief Pitcher gets the win. Cole Irvin the losing pitcher. A valiant effort from Cole Irvin, who went six innings tonight through one hundred and two pitches, but gave up five runs in the seventh inning and that was the difference in the game. I mean, what what's going on here? Mister Nesson rich Hill is calling me. I know it's he's driving back on Richill, I'm live on the air on an five seventy l A Sports. You're on speakerphone. If you want to call in, you got to call the show. I know you were on nesson tonight. Say Hi, what's.
Speaker 1: I'm doing?
Speaker 2: Great, Rich I'm in the middle of Dodger talk right now. Rich.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tough game tonight.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, Yeah, I think I think the Dodgers will live.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dodgers have been playing good baseball this year. They got a deep, deep, deep team, so plenty of plenty of reserves. They're looking good. Show a look great tonight. Uh, Freddy looked great tonight. H surprised by the bullpen.
Speaker 2: Game, Rich, Rich, I don't need analysis on my speaker phone over the radio show. If you can we pick this up tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I'm just giving you my two cents.
Speaker 1: Dave, how you bet?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 2: You look good on Ess and Rich Would you like to call the hotline? Rich we could continue this in a proper broadcasting way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'd be great. I need let me know if anybody is available and give me a haircut.
Speaker 5: I need a.
Speaker 2: Lower lower All right, Richie, thank you for calling. I'm gonna we're gonna try to get you on the show the right way. All right, I'm gonna sin calling your number. I'm here on the East coast. Hey, where are you? You're heading back to uh the Newport? I'm getting all right, Richie. I'm glad I could share share people. Rich Hill over the speaker phone on my cell phone.
Speaker 1: All right, Michie Dave, all right, I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll talk tomorrow. There he goes rich Hill, who was in studio tonight back in Boston for Nesson. All right, there you go, and Nomar went into the broadcast booth for Nesson tonight. He obviously was working the game for sports Net LA. All Right, sorry, see this is my life. Richill just calls me out of the blue while I'm doing the radio show. So I love rich Hill, and he is part of my top five extended to top six. Andrew Friedman trades at the trade deadline. We'll get to that a little bit later in the show. But I know there's questions about why the Dodgers decided to go this route tonight. Obviously this was a spot for sho Heyo Tani or Blake Snell or Tyler glassnew but they can't pitch right now. So they decided to go with the bullpen game, and similar to what they have done over the course of the last what fourteen years, they know how to manage a regular season, and tonight they were trying to manage not only tonight, but managed the next couple of days and manage into next week, before their day off on Thursday, and before the trade deadline, because that may bring more arms into this Dodger pitching staff. But let's hear from manager Dave Roberts. He'll explain it a little better on how he was limited in his options tonight.
Speaker 6: I think that you know, you start and I thought Edgardo just wasn't sharp, but found a way to get through an inning. And then Klein just kind of, you know, since the break just hasn't been good as far as the command, and you know, thinking about trying to get him through two and you know, just wasn't sharp. And then obviously we had two guys available after that, Vesia and Phillips, and so at that point in time, you're just trying to get as much as you can out out of coal and Cole Irvin did a fantastic job. He did what he could and you know, you have to sometimes take it on the chin to then give yourself a chance to win the series. And that's kind of what you have to do. Never feels good when you're in it, but that's what you have to do. And then, uh, you know, catching a lead I thought was great. But yeah, I mean I think that you know, that five run inning kind of did us in right there.
Speaker 2: When when you play as many games as you do, those kinds of things are.
Speaker 6: Going to him they are they are, And like I said, Jim, it never feels good in it. But then when you look back and you go, okay, we we sort of reset, give us a chance to win the game. But you just can't chase every single win every single night. It's just it's it's it's not responsible, and it it's just not the right process.
Speaker 3: Given all that, did that start to feel like a game you could win When you.
Speaker 2: Show the home run, it did?
Speaker 6: It did, and certainly given the way that Cole was on the baseball right there, But there was a bad walk to lead off in the inning, and then you know the two run homer and then there was some bad luck in there, some bat and ball stuff. But yeah, I felt like we had a chance for a minute there, All.
Speaker 2: Right, there's manager Dave Roberts explaining what the situation was tonight. As I mentioned during the Clubhouse show, they couldn't use Tanner Scott tonight. They couldn't use Edwin Diaz tonight. Both those guys had pitched each of the last two nights. Alex vessif he pitched tonight, would have been three out of four. Jack Dryer, same situation. Brock Stewart on the injured list now because of some shoulder issue. That's the reason why Cole Irving was brought up. So all of those mediating factors led to the way Dave Roberts deployed the pitching tonight, starting with Edgardo Enriquez and Will Klein. Will Klein has not pitched the way Will Climb pitched for the first couple of months of the season. This is not just a one time thing. It's been kind of a trend where Will Klein hasn't been able to as consistent with the strike zone as he was earlier in the year, and he could only get four outs. If the Dodgers wanted to have a chance to extend this game a little bit deeper and maybe deploy Evan Phillips. A little bit later. Will Klein would have needed to have gotten at least six or seven outs and he only got four. Tonight eight six, six, nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers fall to the Red Sox nine to four. But hey, it's a win for us. Rich Hill called the cell phone. Let's go out to Corona. Patrick. You're on Dodger Talk with David Vasse.
Speaker 7: Hi Patrick, Hi, guys, Joing, Hello, David.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 7: I'm proud of the Dodgers, and I thought.
Speaker 5: Cole Man my heart goes out to him. But he took one for the team.
Speaker 7: He gave it his all, and I mean he knew, you know, he knew the situation was and I'm proud of him. All.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a local kid that that. It's very grateful to have this opportunity. And uh, he took one for the team. And we've seen other pictures do that in the past as well. Thanks for the phone call, Patrick, appreciate it. Let's go out to Daniel, who's on the ten Freeway. Hi, Daniel, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 8: Greeting, greeting, Thanks for the opportunity.
Speaker 2: Hey, you sound like an intimidating person. Right here, Daniel, I'll watch myself really laugh right there, sinister laugh.
Speaker 8: Oh my goodness. Never been told that, Never been told that. But just uh, I guess I'll just chime in on the rich Hill and the great pickups that have been made throughout the history of reclamation prodjang, sir, h guys did are you know? They think they're pretty much washed up, but once they come here, we have at a magical crew. They're working behind the scenes, the staff, coaches, and we seem to get the best out of these players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not magical. There's a guy about the name of Connor McGinnis, the Dodgers pitching coach, who is really good. And Eric Lower is the latest example of getting with Connor McGuinness and Mark Pryor and taking off from there. Hey, before I let you go, Daniel, if you can guess what my number one trade deadline acquisition by Andrew Friedman is, I will give you a pair of tickets to Sunday Night's game. What do you think my number one trade for Andrew Freeman at the deadline with the Dodgers is?
Speaker 8: It wouldn't be Rich Hill?
Speaker 6: What it?
Speaker 2: I mean, you're tugging at my heartstrings. But no, it's not.
Speaker 8: Oh, enlighten me, because there's been so many that you kind of lose track, you.
Speaker 2: Know, do you do you remember who the Dodgers got Richell from Daniel Minnesota now, but he did pitch for them. Thank you for the phone call, Daniel, appreciate it. Get home safe. Eight sixty six eight seven two five seventy is the phone number, David in Pasadena. You're on Dodger Talk with David Basse. How you doing, David?
Speaker 9: I'm doing pretty good. Hi, David, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing well. I'm great. Now riche'll call me for a third time today.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you are the Dodger insider. You have all those contacts. It's phenomenal.
Speaker 2: I can't shake that guy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, man, I wish I was you sometimes. But listen, I've called you a couple of times and you've been very kind to me. I'd like to ask you two things if I can, regarding the trade deadline, you see what I'd like to know what you think about two items. So a lot of people call and they talk about a catching a trade for a catcher, right, yeah, I think you know I love Will Smith. Obviously we America's catcher. He won the World Series with a home run. You know he's got you know, he's a tremendous catcher, and he's got clutch. He is clutch. I like Dalton Rushing a lot. I think he's done a tremendous job this season. I think I think he's exceeded most people's expectations. I mean, he's got he's a major league catcher. He's a great catcher. On any other team, he would be the number one catcher, I think, without a doubt. But right he's and he seems like a good dude. No, I love him. I think he stays. And here's the thing is Alfonso. I think he's doing great. I mean, he's starting to hit. He got it what he got in RBI tonight. He got a couple of hits last couple of games. He's he looks like he's I mean and and and you know, but look what the guy's been through with this family in Venezuela, with his sister, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what's your point. You wanted to get to trade talk? What's your what's your trade proposal?
Speaker 9: We do we do not need another catcher. So my position is Smith is coming back at some point, Rushing is outstanding where he is, and I think Alfonso is showing up to be a great number two catcher, and then finally go back to Triple A season up a little bit. When Smith comes back, I think we're great at catcher.
Speaker 2: That's what have you seen Will Smith lately? Because I haven't seen him in I saw him walk by me after the game last night. Have you seen him swing a bat? Have you seen him catch a pitch yet? David? Because I have not.
Speaker 9: I wouldn't be disrespectful to you to say I know anything more than you. You would know better than any of us.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I haven't seen If you haven't seen it, I haven't seen it. There's no guarantees. He's missed two months with a bad neck. He comes, he's starting to ramp up the hitting. My point is, David, the trade deadlines Monday, and Will Smith is barely starting to do baseball activities. What if he gets to a point or even gets into a game and that neck that inflame disc inflames again, then where you at in the postseason? Dalton Rushing and Alisi or Alfonso. I like Alfonso, but I'd rather I'd feel a lot more comfortable with a veteran catcher to be part of this catching uh staff, if.
Speaker 9: You will, okay, because you write at any moment, a catcher, sure, a starting catcher can get hurt on any.
Speaker 2: If dal got hurt tomorrow, what would you do? What would the Dodgers do tomorrow?
Speaker 9: They would have a problem. They'd have to bring up whoever is in the next problem to come up.
Speaker 2: And they don't have that. I don't have that guy. So that's my point. I understand. I love that you gave Rushing and Phonsie a lot of love, and they deserve it, Rushing especially, But there's no guarantees Will Smith is going to come back number one. Until I see it, I don't believe it. Okay. That's where I stand on it, and that's why I believe that the Dodgers still should go out and get a veteran catcher to be part of this roster as insurance, because after Monday at three o'clock Pacific time comes and goes, there's no other opportunities to get a catcher that can help you in the postseason.
Speaker 9: Okay, Can I ask you a quick pitching question, pitching trade question?
Speaker 2: Really quick?
Speaker 9: Eric Eric Lauer to me is blights out. I mean, I mean, what more could you ask of the guy that Eric Lawer? What he's done?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 9: People have said, well, maybe we should trade Eric Lawer. He's trade bait because he's so great. I think he's so great, we keep him, and why don't we deal them as she hand.
Speaker 1: So great.
Speaker 9: I don't know. Too many pitchers, we got too many, but we have too many. We got too many arms, right, I mean, there's too many.
Speaker 2: That's what they always say. Until you don't have too many arms, David. But look, I understand the Dodgers line of thinking, Uh, the Snell is coming back. He probably is coming back on the next homestand because he's going to make one more rehab start Glass now is in the early stages of coming back. You got Robleski, you got she In. But if you know they they would use Shean as a trade chip. I would imagine to get a big fish if that's the case, like a school Bowl or possibly even a Clay Holmes. But I just don't I'm with you that Lower. I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Lower. That I think we agree on that. Thank you for the phone call. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventies the phone number. Dodgers fall to the Red Sox tonight nine to four. Look, I don't want Eric Lauer to go anywhere. I think there's something be said about a team being nine to zero when a guy takes the mound. I think there's a lot to be said about that. And Lower was a valuable piece for the Blue Jays in the World Series last year as a long guy coming out of the bullpen. He can be that that guy for the Dodgers. And look, if I'm the Dodgers, I believe that if they don't get what they feel is fair market value as far as a prospect to replenish the farm system for Eric Lower, they'll hold on to him. There's nobody saying you have to get rid of Eric Lawer if you don't trade him on Monday. So I know he's hoping to stay. I would love to see him stay. Well, just see, it just feels like there's a lot of moving parts for Andrew Friedman right now. They are checking in on everybody from zach Netto to Trek Skoubole to Clay Holmes, Luke Weaver, maybe Travis Darnaut, Jonah him. All these guys I would imagine are up in the air. And we have seen Andrew pull off three team trades at the trade deadline before, and two of my top trades that he has pulled off were three team trades. My number two all time Andrew Friedman deadline trade was the three team thirteen player trade he made with the Braves and Marlins back in twenty fifteen to acquire Alex Wood and Louis Avalon and reliever Jim Johnson and utility guy Jose Pirazza for Hector Olivera. Yeah, the Cuban third baseman that never was was treated to the Braves and the Dodgers got Alex Wood back in that deal, and Louis Avalon was a serviceable left handed reliever for a couple of years. So that was my number two. If you can guess what my number one is, I will give you a pair of tickets to Sunday's game between the Dodgers and Red Sox. Let's go out to Glendora. Joe, you're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Joe?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great. Dave, how are you outstanding, outstanding, awesome.
Speaker 5: Hey, can I take a while guess at one of your favorite trades is that Tommy Edmond.
Speaker 2: It is twenty twenty four trade. Not just Tommy Edmond, who would become the NLCSMVP in twenty four, but also Michael Kopek who went into the bullpen and was one of the dogs to help the Dodgers win the World Series. That three way trade with the Cardinals, the White Sox and the Dodgers, that was my number one Andrew Friedman Dodger deadline deal. Good for you? You know me?
Speaker 5: Well, don't forget about Jack Clarerty too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Blackjack, that's right. That was a separate deal. That was a separate deal, but yes, still very important to winning the twenty four World Series. But Kopek and Edmund and Edmund now being extended and being a big part of the team the last three years sealed the deal for me. So congratulations. You want a pair of tickets to see the back to back world champion Dodgers take on the Red Sox on Sunday Night Baseball first pitch at four twenty and you know where to listen to every Dodger game, don't you?
Speaker 9: Absolutely five seventy.
Speaker 2: That's right, and the iHeartRadio app from the gallop in Ford broadcast booth. All right, hold on, Joe, We'll get your information and we'll see you at the ballpark on Sunday. Yeah, So there you go. The Kopek Edmund three way trade was my number one. The number two was the three team trade that brought Alex Wood to LA. My number three, You're not gonna like this, but I do. Manny Machado being traded in twenty eighteen. Remember those circumstances. Corey Seeger in May had Tommy John surgery, had labrum surgery, and the Dodgers needed a shortstop. And they pulled off a big time trade for Manny Machado in twenty eighteen at the All Star Game, and the guy w the guys the Dodgers sent to Baltimore got traded tonight. The Orioles sent piccher Dean Kramer to the Twins. Dean Kramer was one of four minor leaguers sent to Baltimore and the only one that panned out. Kind of my number four, I'm going with the twenty twenty one trade to get Trey Turner and Max Schuzer for Cabert Ruiz and Josiah Gray, my number five, Rich Hill, and yeah even Josh Reddick, but Rich Hill, Rich Hill from the A's for Grant Holmes and Darrell Cotton, and my number six honorable mention you Darvish in twenty seventeen. We all know how that ended, but still honorable mention. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers fall to the Red Sox tonight, nine to four, but Freddie Freeman three more hits tonight, and he has a ten game hitting streak, the longest by any Dodger this season. Freddy spoke to the media after the game tonight on Sports Net LA.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean they do all the little things, run in the bases, going, taking an extra base button for hits. You know, they just played a really good baseball game tonight.
Speaker 2: So credit is that.
Speaker 4: When you look at just this team, I mean it seems like you guys had the beginning feeled a little uncharacteristic of the Dodgers, and you all battled back and obviously a tough loss.
Speaker 1: But how do you just describe out of this game as a team for.
Speaker 10: You all, Yeah, I mean full playing games are tough, but I thought Colds did a fantastic job of covering that many innings. You know, obviously I made the misplayed to have them score a couple of runs, but we battled back and they just put together a really good inning in the seventh thing. So just one of those games. But yeah, we got to come back to Borrow and hopefully within the next two to win the series.
Speaker 8: As a competitor, how difficult is it to look at the big picture.
Speaker 2: On the night like tonight.
Speaker 10: I know, I know it's it is hard, but there's a few guys down in our bullpen and it's just kind of out in the nature of a piece of one hundred six two games schedule was nine games in a row. It's kind of how it is. But if we had scored more runs, we would have had a bestie and all of them coming into the game. So Tom husk to score more runs and we just didn't do that.
Speaker 2: All right. There's Freddy Freeman on Sports at LA taking accountability for the misplay where he got handcuffed on a chopper to first base, And I was watching at the time the Nests in broadcast with lou Marlone and Dave O'Brien and lou Marloney just showed and illustrated that Freddie should have trusted his instincts and still come in and short hop the ball. Instead, he backed up let the ball play him, and that's not something Freddy Freeman usually does. I think we all can agree that Freddy Freeman is having a really good year. He's now hitting three to zero five on the season after going three for four tonite, driving in a run. I think a lot of us could agree that Jaren Duranta the Red Sox is having maybe a top five all time worst season for a Red Sox regular outfielder. With two hits tonight, Duran is sitting one ninety eight with an ops of five ninety four. The reason why I bring that up, You would imagine Freddy Freeman would have at least twenty more RBIs than Jared Duran, wouldn't you. Jared Duran hitting one ninety eight has fifty six RBIs, while Freddie Freeman, hitting three oh five only has fifty four RBIs. Who would have thought that Jared Duran, with two more runs driven in hitting one ninety eight more than Freddy Freeman hitting three oh five and it's not like Freddy doesn't do well with runners in scoring position. Freddy's hitting two ninety with runners in scoring position. What this proves is RBIs are a product of team baseball, and at times like tonight, you kind of feel like the Dodger offense is a little disconnected. If you were listening or watching the game tonight, this Red Sox lineup, which has won twenty six of their last thirty one games, seems very connected. And that could be the reason why Freddie Freeman, who hits third every night only, has had minimal opportunities I guess to drive in runs, and Jaron Duran has driven in two more runs than Freddie Freeman, hitting one ninety eight. At the bottom of the Dodger or the Red Sox order, eight sixty six, nine, eight seven, two, five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Joe or Joe won the tickets, so hold on, Joe. Let's go out to Palmdale. Dennis, you're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Dennis?
Speaker 7: Hey, I'm doing great. How are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great, Dennis. What's life in Palmdale like these days? I don't know, you don't know you live there.
Speaker 5: Don't you very hot?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, if you don't know, who knows? I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't want to go outside. It's too hot.
Speaker 2: I got you. Let's just keep it simple. Let's talk baseball.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, let's talk marble heads bobbleheads.
Speaker 2: What do you want to know?
Speaker 7: Well, you know that's a big business, now, okay, And I think the Dodgers are grassman at straws. Can you know they don't probably give away close to thirty marbleheads this year?
Speaker 2: Uh huh. Fans seem to enjoy coming to the games to get them, even a Kyle Tucker bobblehead like tonight.
Speaker 7: Yeah. But what I'd like to say, and I hope you can get this or whoever is in charge of you're getting it to.
Speaker 2: Them right now. I'm so happy I took this phone call. It's like a customer service line.
Speaker 7: Good, okay, good. Uh. Here's my uh, here's my suggestion. First of all, we need a Rick Monday and Charlie Steiner babble head.
Speaker 2: Able ahead, okay, because they did Rick Monday. They did make a Rick Monday saving the American flag. Bobble had ten years ago on the anniversary of that. So you like the broadcasters like they do up in San Francisco with like Kype and Kruco. So you want Charlie and Rick. Okay, what else do you want?
Speaker 7: What at the bobblehead?
Speaker 2: Do you want?
Speaker 7: Ben Scully and Jerry Doggett.
Speaker 2: There's been a million than Scully bobbleheads.
Speaker 7: I'm seventy four years old. Yeah, but there hasn't been a Jerry Doggett.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he was a transcendent. I mean nothing against Jerry Doggett, but I don't know if he resonates with the new generation of Dodger fans. Tennis.
Speaker 7: Well, you're right, you're right, it does for us. Ould guys, I'm seventy four years old. So I go back and then and then one more.
Speaker 2: You know what my dad used to say about Jerry Doggett listening on the radio. My dad used to tell me, and so do my my uncles. When they listened to Jerry Doggett, they thought every high fly ball to the outfield was a home run because it make it sound like it was a home run, but it was just a shallow fly ball.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that depth perception, maybe that was it.
Speaker 2: Hey, Dennis, I got a run. Thank you for being such a great Dodger fan. We love it and that's what makes the Dodgers special. Fans like you that have been well for so long, and thank you for calling in appreciate it. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers fall to the Red Sox tonight nine to four. We're going to take a time out. When we come back, Jose Moto will join us. We'll get his thoughts on tonight's game and how the Dodgers managed it and trying to win the series. They have not lost a series since the All Star Game. They won all three on their nine game road trip. They beat the Mariners coming home and now looking to win the next two to win the homestand as they head back out on the road Monday to Chicago and then Arizona. The Boston Red Sox beat the Dodgers tonight nine to four on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 10: Hi, it's sho held Donny.
Speaker 5: This is Dodges Talk Am five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 10: You're home of the Dodges and.
Speaker 2: Now the two to one fly halt. Talk about going a long way it is on the way and gone a two run home run.
Speaker 7: Show hal Tonny twenty fourth of the year, and the Dodgers have taken the league.
Speaker 2: That was really show hal Tani. That was really show hal Tany going deep tonight after getting the night off last night, o'tanni comes back strong at that point. He put the Dodgers ahead in the fifth inning. Unfortunately, they fall nine to four to the Boston Red Sox in Game one of this three game series. Daniel Stelers presents the home run forecast for your chair. To win a fifty dollars Daniel Steweler's gift card, visit a five seventy LA sports dot Com. Use the keyword home run and to your name you could win. Daniel Steelers own the dream.
Speaker 1: It's tough to go around the horn with Hose Dane Mota.
Speaker 2: All right, Jose Mota. Dave Roberts explain what he was limited to tonight. Maybe Alex Vesia could have pitched, but it felt like this game hinged to Will Klein going a little bit deeper in the game.
Speaker 11: It was all based on Will Klin and now Will clin to me as a concern because Dave, he's gotten away from really what made him so good last season, which was going out there and commanding of fastball. You know, his confidence in the fastball is not there. He's missing in spots where he should miss. And if you look at the numbers and say, well, the sweeper has not gotten hit, or the slugging is low against the sweeper and a breaking ball and all that stuff, it doesn't matter when it comes down to a pitch sequence where you're getting hurt by a page that you should be dominat with a little bit more, which is his fastball in ninety seven ninety eight. You know, it reminds me a little bit of when Walker Buehler started experimenting in love with the cutter and he lost the feel for the fastball. It's not so much about losing velocity. Just to get a feel for a ball, we need to execute it because we know Will Climb is a big part of this whole thing. And Will kleinb going to today might have been a difference, who knows, but it's been concerned in the last few few addings for him, and even in his face and expressions, execution fallen behind and people not fearing that ninety seven ninety eight because they know they're going to see a lot of spin. And when he does spin and you don't chase, the fastball is going to get hit. But he's got it. Throw more fastballs to me.
Speaker 2: What did you think about Cole Irvin? Obviously that seventh inning went sideways, but you know, it looked like he could hold his own at this level.
Speaker 11: He can. This guy is a great story. I think we all know the Talians with you know, Anaheim and Sir Biden speak about tonight. It's one of those games you know very well, Dave through the years, Dave Roberts has the best job managing it. If you look at Dave Roberts and the gesture he did with them, the exchange with Irvin leaving the mounds like you know what, thanks again for taking one for the team, which has happened many times in the last few years, including the World Series, including the playoffs and all that stuff, just to allow the series to line up properly for the bullpen. But Cole urban, you know, adding to his story, consider that this guy was working summers at the Angel Stadium on the mound with Barney the ground screw guy, and he says, well, I got to learn about, you know, bullpen slopes and mounds and landing spots by working on the ground and me being a better picture. But I understanding more about you know, the mounds and stuff like that. But overall, to hear the interview today, Dave, I think it was magnificent to hear that the emotion, knowing that I know the guys in Okie City even told me, the guys that I talked to today that they wanted this guy to be in the big leagues. And it's so good to see him in the big leagues now. He knew, and Dave Roberts indicated this early with the press. He's gonna throw a hundred pitches. SE's mate, you know, twenty stars down there. He's throwing a lot of innings. He's not allowed a lot of home runs in Triple A, by the way. But he's a great story, a guy that perhaps will remember a little bit later to say, remember that game, Remember Charlie Barnes at Urban to that, because they did a good job in aligning guys later on for that bullpen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt. These are the type of games where obviously they have a job to do and they go out and do it for the big picture, and the big picture is Yamamoto tonight against the Red Sox, who are red hot these days. Jose, we saw a very connected lineup tonight. How does Yama Moto try to dissect this Red Sox offense tomorrow?
Speaker 11: Go out there and find out that these guys are very spotty and very athletic, the spotty in the way that they are. Go out there and work account and then before you know it, they were attucking you and hunting you and just chasing you all around. For Yoshi, the key is he needs to be Yoshi. He needs to go go out there and be mister Samurai, which is getting strike one, getting some swings and misses, getting people to chase, and if they don't, don't fall in love with being too tricky or too fine, because that's what gets them to a little of trouble with the watchum signs. But know that they're aware of how they would play the game. They bunch, they put the ball in play, they got the infield hits, and then they chase something to hurt you with. But for Yoshi, it's a matter of going out there understanding what they're they gonn His writ is today because they do have a hole and some neutral sites in their hating zone where he can get to because he has way more better stuff than anybody they saw on the mount today from the right handed side, do you feel.
Speaker 2: Like the Dodger lineup? Obviously, they're at the top of every team offensive category. They have a lot of talent, obviously, But do you feel like on nights like tonight sometimes the lineup is a little disconnected and really not gelling as one unit. It looks that.
Speaker 11: Way, Dave. You know what happens is I mean, where's the team at bat? It can't all be about slug it can all be about working counsel. Where's that team about or contact? I mean, ka bat tonight, Kyle Tucker puts the ball play a different story in field in halfway. Those are the things that make them seem disconnected because then you're looking at strikeouts, balls right down the middle. And yes, you've had a good point about dron and the RBI is compared to Ferry Freemant. That's the biggest difference right there. I mean for Freddie, obviously he's not gonna have as many chances because he's in it behind show hey, and now behind Pious. So those guys had you know, seventy RBIs almost each well Pie is over seventy almost and Choi is chasing him. But the connection is that the team that bat needs to appear in a game like Max Munsey does working account and things like that. But this team one through nine, we know they can do a lot of damage. They'll continue to do the same thing. If you look at from slugging to batting average, to ops to getting on base and on base percentage, this team gets a job done. Just one of those nice where Bayo did a very good job reading intentions and allowing the catcher to call some pitches that he knew had a better idea, come into relief that there was just not getting to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, I want to go back because I was going to bring up that at bat by Kyle Tucker in the sixth inning, and I'm glad you did. All he has to do right there is get a base it up the middle. I had three former Dodgers text me that all he needed to do was get a base it up the middle and he strikes out. Looking, what what is the thought process the plan in the batter's box in that situation with runners in scoring position in two outs or.
Speaker 11: One else we want it. What should be is, okay, take your time and look at the defense what they're trying to do. Don't worry about how they're going to pitch you. That bat becomes in a bat for the Dodgers enough for Kyle Tucker, which is to say, hey, we have a lead, we're behind. We can you know, we can get a bigger lead here by me putting the ball in play. And that's what I'm talking about. If Boston, Boston did so well today, what is it that they needed. Go out there and run our ground ball, get the infield hit yes, defend well, yes, look for some power and ambush on the change up.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 11: So that's what I'm talking about. The bat for Kyle Tucker could have changed the entire game today. And it's not a blame thing. It's an observation because as you get further into the season against tougher opponents and tougher pitching dolls of the Keys and you going out there and getting another run and on top of that day that might have changed Dave robertson mentality on the bullpen side of things, because now you have a bigger lead, and now you're going to a little bit more protection mode. And yes, you go chasing a win in that time situation, no doubt.
Speaker 2: I mean those a game can be won and lost, not necessarily in the ninth inning. It could be one in the first inning, it could be one in the sixth inning. And that was a big missed opportunity for Kyle Tucker to have a team at bat. All right, Jose, thanks a lot for talking baseball. We'll talk to you tomorrow night. A great Saba told Hey Gante at Dodger.
Speaker 11: Stadium, Manyana Kondavid Oh.
Speaker 2: I love it, love it. There he goes Jose Mota, part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast. All right, let's take one more phone call before we say good night. Isaac in La. You're on Dodger Talk. Walk us off strong.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hi, excuse I have a question. One other teams are front runners to get Scooba besides the Daughters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from what I'm gathering, it's the Tampa Bay Rays, the Atlanta Braves, and the Milwaukee Brewers along with the Dodgers. Those four teams are the teams that are all in to try to acquire Schooble at the deadline.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I was worried. I don't want him to go to the Brewers or the Phillies because I think feel like they're like the only ones that could give us problems in the postseason. I'm not really worried about any of the other teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Phillies don't have the prospects to pull off a trade for schoobl but the Brewers certainly do. And that's what everybody's thinking. Isaac teaming up Misowski and school Ball would make them formidable in a playoffs series. So we'll see where he goes he is going to get traded. Casey Mize, another one of the Tigers starters, was scratched from his start today. So is Freddy Peralta with the Mets. So those are all indicators those guys are getting traded. And if the Tigers are trading Mice and school Bowl and waving the white flag on their season, they probably are going to move Kennley Jansen. And I know two offseasons ago the Cubs were very interested in signing Jansen and they're looking for relief help. So possible landing spot for Kennley Jansen in the north side of Chicago at Wrigley Field, so we'll see where it all shakes out. A lot of big names are being talked about. Zach Netto from the Angels. I've heard Corey Seeger's name. The Rangers are looking to get out from underneath his contract. The Yankees are desperate for offense. I heard the Yankees are very interested in Segers. So are these Red Sox. So it feels like this trade deadline's going to be very exciting as we get closer to Monday at three o'clock Pacific time, and we'll have all the coverage for you all through the weekend and into Monday. Stick right here with Dodgers Radio and five to seventy LA Sports and the iHeartRadio app. Tomorrow, the Dodgers in Red Sox will hook up for Game two of this three game series. It'll be Yamamoto on the mound going up against left hander Peyton Totlly. Yamamoto is eleven and six with an ERA of two seventy two. Our coverage begins at five o'clock tomorrow with first pitch at six'. Ten that'll do it for us tonight On Dodger. Talk thanks To Colin ye back at Our burbank. Studios thanks To dwayne McDonald out here At Dodgers, stadium and thanks To Rich hill for blowing up the cell phone and you, know speakerphone to. Microphone maybe tomorrow night he'll call the conventional. Way rich hasn't done many things, conventionally so maybe he'll call in the conventional way tomorrow. Night and as, always thanks To Jose motive for contributing once. Again and the final score tonight The Red sox beat The dodgers nine to. Four have a great rest of your. Night see up