Speaker 1: Help you give you give you money too, right, I mean we want sure twenty five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: That sounds pretty good.
Speaker 3: It'd be great.
Speaker 4: I heard somebody on Cool one O wait yesterday I won it, and they sounded like it didn't make much difference to them.
Speaker 3: Bucks is a big bunch of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's sweet. It's no initials jackpot, but it's a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how are we going to give that away?
Speaker 2: There is that?
Speaker 1: Well, if you go to a cafe and dot com and answer the keyword travel at cafe dot com that's travel, you could win twenty five hundred dollars. And if you win and we call you, be happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, make it make some The lady Yester was like, yeah, that sounds great.
Speaker 2: I'm like, come on, lady, another richie man.
Speaker 4: You know what's cool, though, is when you walk into an antique store and they're playing Cool one O eight because like now they're playing Motley Crue and.
Speaker 2: Yeah the Jungle, Yeah they play honey. Yeah, it's crazy. It's like, wow, good rock and roll.
Speaker 5: Though, you know who they don't play on cool one and.
Speaker 4: Say it, just say it. I bet they do though, I bet they do. Though, I bet they do.
Speaker 2: Did you like how Chris tried to bring us into that world? And he's like, you know when you walk into an antique store and they're playing Cooling Away, No, take your word for it.
Speaker 3: You'll get there, buddy.
Speaker 2: I probably will. I'll have to go there to sell all my CDs and DVDs.
Speaker 4: You know the number one thing you hear when you're walking through it and then, excuse me, an antique store.
Speaker 3: The number one thing you.
Speaker 2: Hear heart monitors.
Speaker 1: That's funny offing the tone when the door opens and closes.
Speaker 2: It's called the bell belle. You know the tone.
Speaker 3: No, I was gonna.
Speaker 2: Say, oh my god, we had one of.
Speaker 3: These when I was growing up. Hear that all the time.
Speaker 4: I'm sure all the time, and it's true. I mean, I'm kind of past that now. My antiques are super antiques now. But yesterday I was in Elk River and NANTIQ store, Great place, and there were a group of young ladies in there and they were like, oh, I had this when I was a kid.
Speaker 3: I was like, I was already old when you were a kid.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry I left the price that's a PS four yeah, yeah, ye oh boy.
Speaker 4: It and I love cool on no wait, I love rock and roll, and I love when we do sports news.
Speaker 2: There's so much of it.
Speaker 3: I know. Yeah, I'm a big fan. Here we go.
Speaker 4: It's time for Fan five on the Power Trip, brought to you by the Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 2: Do not forget Saint Paul Saints Man.
Speaker 4: They got big fireworks all week and long, starting tonight, celebrating two hundred and fifty years of Amerca ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: And don't forget that July second. That's tonight.
Speaker 4: You got Thursday specials two dollars draft beer and two for one neutral bush light and something longer.
Speaker 3: That's pretty cool, so get it on.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the USA, they won two nothing over Bosnia. They will move on to take on Belgium in the around is sixteen Mondays, one o'clock in the World Cup that's in Seattle. Oh, controversial red card last night, so that dude won't be playing against Belgium. That's a huge loss.
Speaker 3: That's a huge loss.
Speaker 2: So the US slight favorites on Monday, slight favorites on myday again.
Speaker 5: That'll be fun. I'll watch ten minutes of it. Move on to what, oh whatever else? Is going on in my house.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter how compelling it is, You're not going to watch the whole game. What if it's compelling from start to finish, you're in the edge of your seat the entire time.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know you can get on the edge of your seat for a soccer It's like the Olympics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean curling had us on the edge of our seat back in the day, right man, Yeah, any good international.
Speaker 3: Sporta it depends on who you're watching it with.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: When the US basketball team is playing hot loves it.
Speaker 2: You don't love your country. I mean it's turning two fifty. Yeah. Today at the World Cup Spain versus Austria at two, Portugal versus the Croatia at six, in Switzerland versus Algeria at ten.
Speaker 5: How much of that we How much of that will you watch?
Speaker 2: Corlos World Series of Poker main events start today. I will watch zero minutes of soccer today. Zero.
Speaker 3: How much poker will you watch?
Speaker 5: Lots?
Speaker 2: Honestly? Yeah? Right, yeah, yeah, good for you man, it's your thing. Yeah, it really is, and I'm glad you have it. Thanks man. That seems really supportive.
Speaker 3: Of you.
Speaker 5: I'm trying you like things that I don't care for, but that doesn't mean you can't like it.
Speaker 2: All of that was accurate, Thanks Teddy. Yeah, the Chicago Cubs won twenty three to three over San Diego, which is German for a whales vagina. Do you guys know that that was in the movie Anchorman. It was a documentary about nineteen seventies newscasters.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a documentary.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Chicago hit eight home runs. Here's what's kind of a cool stat. You guys like baseball stats? Yeah, man, I don't know. How do I ask this question without even remotely tipping my hand. Well, I'll just ask him. See what happens. Maybe this is an opportunity for comedy. We'll see. Ready. Chicago had eight home runs, three of them by Dansby Swanson. He had eight rbi. Dansby did one of them I think was a Grand Slam. He had eight RBI. The eight rbi second most ever for a player doing what This is extremely tough. The eight RBI is the second most ever for a player doing what catching.
Speaker 5: Oh, I think he plays shortstop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys can work as a team like with hitting. See there's a good guest, but really good guest.
Speaker 5: But where he batted?
Speaker 3: Oh, batting leadoff? No batting le.
Speaker 2: Batting nine? You guys got there. That is the second most ever for a player batting ninth.
Speaker 5: What's the do you know the most and who was? Who had? What was the most RB? I? Hawking?
Speaker 2: Who wasn't?
Speaker 4: Are you talking to me the most r B I do you want me to tell you? You don't really know?
Speaker 2: I don't know Fox? Happy birthday? Birthdays? Fox?
Speaker 3: He had more than eight h What about Richard Petty?
Speaker 5: Happy birthday? Richard?
Speaker 3: Was it Roberto.
Speaker 2: The judge Lance.
Speaker 3: Lance Wasn't?
Speaker 2: That is Lance Lancey? Though? Is it is Robert his actual birth name? Or is this a different different guy? Definitely was Lance?
Speaker 5: Yeah, judge lancdo oh no, Robertito's yeah? Is Lancido still with us?
Speaker 3: He left to come here?
Speaker 2: It's Ralph Macchio. Here's another random Cub stat because why not move the meter with doing Cubs stats at all? At eight o'clock in the morning, they scored twenty three I said that already twenty three runs. That is the most runs in a home game for the Cubs since what year that's a lot of runs, right, twenty three Most runs at a home game at Wrigley Field since what year?
Speaker 3: I bet like you're trying to tricker someonn say last year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would say this season. They've done it twice. I don't know ten years ago, nineteen ninety six, seventy six.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you almost got a Zachary nineteen seventy seven. Wow, oh Zakis. Most runs in a home game since nineteen seventy seven. Somebody go tell Dubs down the hallway that is Chicago Cubs are on fire away.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yep. Matt Cicarello going to the Los Angeles Kings on a one year deal with some heavy, heavy, heavy incentives. But man seven seasons with Minnesota scored one hundred and eighteen goals two hundred and seventy one assists in four hundred and fifty two games. Yeah mentioned this earlier, but if you look at the history of the Minnesota Wild, he will walk away fourth in team history and assists and sixth in points. I'll miss him and remind me Zachary when we did we Trader signed Matt Ciccarello. We when we got him. I forget how we got him. But either way, do you remember when we were acquired him. I remember it being like divisive. I remember people not being a huge fan of like we really are going to we're going to sign him? We signed him, so was it? I think that must have been it, right, didn't they wasn't the consensus like are we really paying this guy that much money? And obviously it worked out and he was beloved and it worked out great. But I remember not being universally loved when they first signed him.
Speaker 1: Whoopsie's such a yeah, such a good dude on the ice out the ice King's got a gem and wish him all the best down there.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and congratulations to them on the Stanley cut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, good. Yeah. So here's some other Wild news, Zacha jumping at any point if you have a hot take on any of this stuff with the Wild signed thirty four year old backup goalie Calvin Picker to a one year deal. He's played about eleven years in the NHL. He will back up, said until I don't think he'd be a good goalie. So Gus is back there, while they're also bringing back Mason Shaw, who is maybe most famous for Let's play Hockey. They are re signing Nick Folino and Zach Pagosian as well. Bogosian turns thirty six this month, Fellino is thirty eight.
Speaker 5: Spending all day with Zach Pagosian exactly. He's a great dude. No, he's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean all those I mean, you know, Filino's are the best too, so good have that core back now. And yeah, obviously a quiet day and free agency, and I maybe wanted to hear a little bit more rumbling, especially with the rest of the league kind of going haywire, but you know, they're being patient and being deliberate. Still Dylan Lark and that's still a hope down the line, and then there are some other options maybe in the season as well, but certainly a depth chart that needs to be filled and I'm sure Billy Garan is working diligently on it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, tough. How do you feel about anders Lee going to the Mammoth for three years sixteen point two million, and it sounded like the Wild were interested, It sounded like he was interested in the Wild and it was down to the wire and he ended up picking Utah. Yeah, Utah kinda.
Speaker 1: They also got Trocheck as well, so there's a lot of guys that were, you know, rumored maybe to come here. You ended up going to Utah, and as you mentioned, Andersley ended up calling Bill Garran himself to let him know that he wasn't coming here because he had that much respect for for Bill.
Speaker 2: And that dude seems super cool. So yeah, he's good. Dude.
Speaker 1: Would have been great to see him in a while in the uniform, but got a better for elsewhere.
Speaker 2: And then that's that's how it goes.
Speaker 1: So the Wild just up against it with this cap space and you know, seventeen million dollars kicking in for career capris off. That's that's not helping out either. And so it's just it's a process, don't you know. It's got to be patient here and hopefully it pays off here because yeah, it's been a rough start to free agency from a fan perspective, but we don't know what's being cooked up behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, daddy. In the NBA, the Jalen Brown trade was the big one. He's going to Philadelphia. But before that, the Lakers traded for jazz center Walker Kessler, who technically was a part of the Rudy Gobert trade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good reporter.
Speaker 2: So Walker Kessler well poor first round takes on twenty thirty one, twenty thirty three, and first round swaps in twenty twenty eight and twenty thirty and then Walker Kesler signing a four year, one and thirty million dollar deal with the Lakers.
Speaker 5: It's Pat's son, correct, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I believe that is the case. Don't fact check that Luca reportedly wanted to play with a quote a list center. I don't know if he's a list. I mean he's very good at rebounding, he's very good at blocking a list. He's seven foot two. I mean that's a huge man. I mean that huge bitch. He missed all but five games last year. But the Lakers are going all in on Walker Kestler.
Speaker 5: Why didn't they like trade for porzingis.
Speaker 4: Oh Poorsing just wanted to go there so badly, but things never go.
Speaker 5: Or Peter Lambert from the Houston astrosh that wouldn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: By the way, somebody asked in the program password chat last week if Hawk had recorded as welcome video do Lamello ball yet?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I haven't.
Speaker 5: I forgot about who was Oh it was Dale Angela Russell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's welcome to the Twin Cities, d Loo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he had a great run here because of it.
Speaker 2: I will never understand that who at the Timberwolf said we have to get somebody from the fan. It's got to be Chris Hockey. Yeah, like not you, literally, anybody else tackle Terry Tilla would have made more sense than Chris told front Mike Curry would have made more sense. Well, let's not say things we can't take back.
Speaker 3: I do believe that whoever did it knew it was a joke.
Speaker 2: I hope, Yeah, I hope, so I believe. Or what if it was like I bet you twenty bucks, Hockey says no, no, I bet I'll do it. What if it literally was just an office bet and you said sure, I'll do it. Yeah, Hey, D'Angelo, really excited to have you in the Twin Cities. Is Chris Hockey in the pottery of morning Chow? Best of luck man, Welcome to Minnesota. I forgot about it. I can't believe it. That's great, can we didn't they play it on the big screens? First game?
Speaker 3: First game?
Speaker 2: My god?
Speaker 5: Yeah, somebody has come to Minnesota test to be able to find that vide Welcome to.
Speaker 2: Minnesota, D'Angelo Russell from your new friend Chris Hockey.
Speaker 5: Chris Hockey guarantee when they had himself man, Welcome to the Timberwolves, d Lo.
Speaker 2: He doesn't or didn't know his first name.
Speaker 3: How dare you?
Speaker 2: You look down at the card.
Speaker 3: I'm a big deal.
Speaker 2: It's brilliant. No, you are you?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 2: Well, if they spun a cafe and wheel, that prize wheel that we used to bring to events, they just spun it and it landed on Chrys. Now we got to ask him. I guess at.
Speaker 3: Landed on Deubab first, and then it was me. He's alive.
Speaker 2: He's alive so we thought you were dead.
Speaker 4: Hey, can I ask you guys question before we move on from basketball? Yeah, Daddy, you know Parker doesn't know anything about anything.
Speaker 2: Right because he's young.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But it's not just that because like he's just a.
Speaker 3: Little bit younger than Zachary Max.
Speaker 4: It's it has to be because when you are that tall, you have real prospects of going to play in the NBA, you know, And and he's obviously very athletic as well. So do you think it's because his entire life was basketball. Like, when you have that kind of possibility, you must be thinking and playing basketball all the time.
Speaker 3: Or do you think it's just the youth.
Speaker 2: I think it's the youth, because I think it's it's you know, it's always weird to like do strange public compliments when there's a good chance he's listening. But I'll say something nice about Parker here for a second, if I could. For a guy who doesn't know a lot about pop culture, he seems extremely willing to learn about pop culture. Every time we're like, hey, you should check this out, he's like in, It's one of my favorite things about him, right, So, like, yeah, he should have a much wider pop culture knowledge than he does because he's so willing to do it. But maybe, like you said, maybe he was just in a bubble, yeah, and focus so much on sports. I also think, and again, I keep giving that generation an out because Bailey's twenty and I've seen her and her friends go through this. They all are in their own little tubes, ye, and it's crazy how little they get exposed to outside of what their interests are great points, So if you're not interested, you don't know And and uh, let's circle back to me with initials. I use my dad and my kids as examples all the time. And the one I use all the time when I explained this to people is if I say Paul Newman, my kids have zero idea who that is, and my dad's like, of course, if I say Kendrick Lamar, it's the exact opposite, right, Like it's I don't I think that the generations behind us are are so focused on what's in front of them. I don't why would you need to know who Paul Newman is? And there's so many, so so many. It's it's it's endless.
Speaker 3: Good point.
Speaker 4: Let me say something else as well, Listeners, we're complimenting Parker Fox, who I just think is great. Somebody who had the kind of abilities he had and possibilities he has. He had to believe at some point that there was a very very good chance he was going to play in the NBA. And the fact that he's not and he still seems like a very happy, very well, that's just good upbringing, man, you know what I mean? Like that's somebody somewhere reminded him that his whole life didn't have to be basketball.
Speaker 3: That's a big thing.
Speaker 2: Well, have we ever asked him about that? Because when you're tall, you probably dream of the NBA. But I wonder if you truly ever thought it was close, because because there are like big time draft picks all the time that get asked that, like, hey, when did you actually think this was possible? And almost all of them can say not until my sophomore year when I went to this camp and somebody told me, like a lot of them can just tell you the exact moment where it went from, oh, this actually could happen. I wonder if Parker ever had that moment or if the injuries derailed it before we ever got there.
Speaker 3: I wonder, Yeah, I wonder about that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I think though even that said for me right when I was when Rocket Club was doing big things and I was forty years old, and I knew that the chance was remote, and anybody said, you guys think you're going to get signed, I'd be like, no, it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: In my brain, I was like, there's a chance.
Speaker 2: It's not zero, you know what I mean. And to your point, Parker's tall enough and athletic enough for it.
Speaker 4: It could be.
Speaker 2: It's not zero. Maybe he gets better, maybe things go the right way, maybe he stays healthy. It's not zero when you're that tall?
Speaker 3: Are his parents teachers? Is that right? Does that ring about for anybody?
Speaker 5: Prince something like that.
Speaker 2: I've absolutely fantastic. That's what everybody says. In fact, they call him.
Speaker 5: The fantastic mister Fox.
Speaker 2: You got there, thank you, you got there, thank you said.
Speaker 4: But no, I just that's thinking about that last night. He's such a well adjusted kid man. You know, I don't know. I am not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what I do?
Speaker 1: Well, if you pull up the video stream your shoulders blocking three of the letters on your.
Speaker 3: Shirts, where's the video that I got here somewhere.
Speaker 2: Talk? I would laughing at myself.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, right there, that's like my name, Like that's funny.
Speaker 3: Can you guys see it?
Speaker 5: No? Hold on, all right, it just I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna take a picture of the screen for you, Corey. Could you want me to see it? It does look like I'm calling myself a D word?
Speaker 2: Hey, can I back up a second? Yeah, because I'm still thinking about this in my head, like when I was in middle school or high school, right, and grunge was a thing, and that was my entire life right, I was into those things. Yeah, I still we still let MTV. So if MTV fed me videos from the eighties, that's how I learned about bands that were the generation before me. Right when you threw on the radio station. Because we didn't all have our own playlist do, you had to listen to whatever was on the radio. So if I was listening for the Latest and Rage against the Machine, but then they played me Azzie, then I learned about Ozzie. So then you learned about music backwards that way, right, because there were only a couple of ways to learn. I think that's what these kids are missing. There's no collective path backwards. So remember I told this story three Bailey was about sixteen, and I had her and three of her friends in the car and I had referenced. I said the words Lincoln Park, and all of them were like who. They had never even heard of Lincoln Park. And it's not like Lincoln Park's fifty years old. That was twenty years ago, so just before they were born, right, Like you could argue Bailey was born in O five, so you're talking they were huge when she was born, and she had never heard of them, not once.
Speaker 4: That's interesting never, Yeah, and it is kind of I wonder if it's damaging in any way or if it's just the natural order of things, you know.
Speaker 3: I have no idea, but I also have been.
Speaker 4: Reading a lot, and my friend Andrew was actually telling me about some research she was reading about how and you and I've kind of talked about.
Speaker 3: This too, Corey.
Speaker 4: Kids, your daughter's, your youngest daughter's age, are not using social media as much as the generation before them. It's declining generation generation generation year a year. The amount of social media they're using, obviously AI stuff way more than.
Speaker 3: They're using social media these days.
Speaker 4: It's like they have realized, maybe innately, that it's a bunch of bull crap. I wonder if that'll continue.
Speaker 2: Maybe I can just speak for my twelve year old. I can't speak for all twelve year olds, but they they communicate constantly FaceTime, messenger, text like I don't. Maybe that's why they've moved away from just I'm just gonna put a post out into the ether and if people respond, great, If they don't, who cares. Because they're constantly responding to each other, either face to face or over you know, something like roadblocks where they're playing a game at the same time. But then they're still talking to each other. They're always communicating with each other, just not in the way we did where it was oh, soccer's dumb. Why do people like this post?
Speaker 3: And it is c right, it's you right, right, and just.
Speaker 5: See what happens, right, Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Just they get instant feedback because they're talking to those people.
Speaker 3: They got any stuff like chadgip.
Speaker 2: No, they hate it, no kidding, yep. The kids hate AI. Hate it, hate it, like conceptually, they're big time against it. And that's almost every kid I talked to, not just my two. Man, they just I think they're terrified of it. Four.
Speaker 5: That's a very good point.
Speaker 2: Interesting every time I mentioned that, I'm like, hey, I found this new like eighties synth banger that you know, it's a cover and they're like, don't play that crap in this car And I'm like, but it's Evans since if it was in nineteen eighty five, it's awesome. God, they hate you.
Speaker 3: They sound like old people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much. Wow, man, that's my favorite thing about AI. And it's not even close eighties synth bangers. It's I'm convinced they would have been giant hits. If you just put those songs in the eighties. Just if somebody just says this is a song I wrote, it would be a massive hit. Massive Why gone?
Speaker 5: And no one cares?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I wish I could play that song as a banger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why can't we play that one? Say what if we just say it was presented by co Pilot, it was made by co Pilot. Good point, because we can use co pilot.
Speaker 4: Right, say that it was done by by my new band, the Known Agitators.
Speaker 2: Oh brilliant, that's right. I forget that we're guaranteed human as we walk them out the door. Yeah, well so they're guaranteed to be human as we wave goodbye bye. See you go be human. Forgot about that. I guess go be human somewhere. Hungry Headline's next Power Trip morning show on the Fans.
Speaker 1: Intents goal by Finger Death Bunch on August eighteenth, and Slayer will be there in September. Fourth of the details on the concert page a KFI dot com cured calendar.
Speaker 3: I think Bob Dylan's on July sixth, a few days.
Speaker 2: Well, right, there you go. I'm excited to check that new venue on three eleven is there a week from Saturday. Dozens of us will be there.
Speaker 3: Let me be more than you think on that.
Speaker 2: It's not selling well, and I'm very confused. I think they're opening for Dirty Heads. I think it's a co headlining tour, but I feel like they're the opener, and back and forth.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It looks like the way that it's listened on the website, it looks like they open, which, as you guys know, as long as they play relatively close to a full set, cool, that's fine. Then I get out of there earlier. No offense to the Dirty Heads, but I'm out of there.
Speaker 3: I think that place will be a great benefactor of the walk up. I think people will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a very good point, especially if the weather's nice. Yeah, good point. The way it might be dozens of you, Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 3: Listen to this.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll get to pick the set with Yeah.
Speaker 4: Right, Hey, but would you somebody tell that guy to shut up? You keeps yelling out songs nobody else wants to hear.
Speaker 2: Remember, I don't know why this sticks in my head, but one of their albums, my favorite song on the album is called Face in the Wind, and as soon as I said that, I remember you said something like, what is it about Brazilian fark porn that talks downs fairs? It was almost like you had it teed up too. You were like, I think saw It was something like, what's the best song on the album. It's the song called Face in the Wind, and you just and now I can't hear that song and not think of that, which is too bad because it's my favorite song on that album by a mile. But god dang it stinks. Okay, play that song anyway?
Speaker 5: What were we gonna say?
Speaker 4: This terrible story listeness. Eight Buddhist monks in Thailand are dead more than twenty injured after they were hit by a pickup truck. They were on a pilgrimage in northeastern Thailand. The truck was being driven by an eleven year old. An eleven year old apparently took the truck without permission and came upon this group of monks doing a pilgrimage and accidentally ran them over. Can you imagine? I mean, yeah, that's awful, it's horrible. I'm gonna guess that story is going to grow as the day goes on. That's that's all thing. Yeah, man, that eleven year old.
Speaker 5: My gosh, that's terrible.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, yeah, I was trying to think of a Tony Shaloub joke, but I don't know if it's appropriate.
Speaker 3: No time.
Speaker 5: Oh who loved that show?
Speaker 2: I did? It was a great show. It was a great It was good. I love Tony Shalub.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he said Men in Black, which, by the way, came out on this day in nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 2: Huge deal, huge movie. It was a giant hill, good, giant giant head All right, so we do headlines? Hell yeah, let's do some headline. It was loddered and Helen, where's the bit?
Speaker 3: Where's the bit turning?
Speaker 2: And now it's time for headlines presented?
Speaker 5: Vine around God and we do it right?
Speaker 2: All right, let's start. Let's start Chris's fourth of July weekend, off right, Chris, the trailer for bay Watches out, and Fox unveiled a handful of seconds of footage from the new Baywatch look, and everybody calmed down, Yes, there is slow motion running.
Speaker 3: Huh, let's see what we got here.
Speaker 2: That was essentially the question, is I think they're going to do that? Or is that outdated? That feels like nineteen ninety four. Right, they're not going to do slow motion running, are they? Apparently they are?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, looking at it, dude, Oh yeah there's shit.
Speaker 3: Ooh okay, oh okay, all right, that's.
Speaker 2: Probably I love it.
Speaker 5: Wow, that guy's into it.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 3: I know me too, Bud. Yeah, it looks good. I'll watch that.
Speaker 2: Your MIC's odd, it's good.
Speaker 5: All watch that.
Speaker 2: A wedding reception went the wrong way quickly after a roomsman was spotting spotted eating meatballs with his bare hands. According to investigators, a guest told him to grab a plate instead, like, what are you doing? Grooms from I'm in the wedding party. I can do whatever I want, grab a plate? What are you doing? That led to an argument and then a punch, and then a full blown fight, and then some other guys shot two people. Yeah, it sounds like he was defending the meatball guys.
Speaker 3: Honor was in Indiana?
Speaker 2: What state did this take place in?
Speaker 5: Sounds like something out of Indiana. I'll say Wisconsin, Florida.
Speaker 2: Zachar you got a guess? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Did he leave?
Speaker 3: He might be dead?
Speaker 2: Sorry, I was editing something. You died. I don't know if you heard the whole story. Let's just say there was gunshots after a meatball fight. What state? Oh wow, that would be Florida or Wisconsin? Which one? Oh boy, Wisconsin, it's got to be. It's the meatballs. Yeah, meatballs is the key. Ye that. I don't know if they eat meatballs in Florida, they definitely do in Wisconsin. Yeah, it happened in Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: Jeeez, that sounds right.
Speaker 2: According to the story, the bride reportedly chased the shooter down, grabbed his key fob, and then stopped him from driving away, and then the suspect took off on foot. Police say they're still looking for him. It's a guest at the wedding, don't they know who it is?
Speaker 3: And he has bare hands?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, no, no, no, B A R. E. Sauce? Do you get that joke? Okay? Checking a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame exhibit later this month opens up for women in Metal man like God Loves Josebel? So serious question? Yeah and metal? This is this is the all time argument between what's hard rock? What's metal?
Speaker 5: Was?
Speaker 2: Yes, when I think women women in metal is a very short list, right, Women in rock is extensive? Right? What the hell, what what the hell is going to be? And the women in Metal exhibit. Yeah, I'm trying to literally off the top of my head. Who can you think of this that defines women in metal?
Speaker 4: And and again, like you're saying, I mean there's Duro, I forget how you say your last name Pest from the eighties, there's I see, I would I think metal though, You're right, I meanessence is that that's to me?
Speaker 2: That's hard rock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, and it is definitely hearts not metal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, somebody's cann yell because I'm forgetting. I mean the girl from uh uh.
Speaker 5: People are saying, like the lady from Hailstorm.
Speaker 4: Hailstorm, Lizzie hal that I would say, that's kind of but still that seems hard rocket. Yeah, that's the girl from Amy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if they said women in rock, sure, that's for sure. There's a lot to take from that. Women in metal just making women in rock, man, right, I mean, anyway, it's gonna be the tenth of this month and you are you still a memory? Can you can still go see that or not?
Speaker 5: I love my lifetime?
Speaker 3: Well I let it expire.
Speaker 2: How could you let your lifetime membership expire.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You have to pay every year and you get a free T shirt. I didn't pay.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 2: This is a headline where it's like, do you want the bad news or the bad news? The bad news?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll go bad news.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be both.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: A man thought that he had brain cancer.
Speaker 4: Yiki, don't. Oh this is gonna be gross. Yeah, it's gonna be gross in that there's something in his head in.
Speaker 2: There, such as a worm. Yep, Oh turned out to be worms instead. Oh. Multiple, That's what the headline says. A man thought he had brain cancer, but it turned out it was worm instead.
Speaker 5: Gross. That sounds awful.
Speaker 4: They'd be like, you don't have cancer. I'd be like, oh, thank god, you have worms? Can I have cancer instead?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I'm so grossed out. Oh that's so that's the worst man.
Speaker 2: All right now, let's get depressed. That's the fourth of July. It's the fourth of July. This week, the United States of America turns two hundred and fifty years old.
Speaker 3: Have we met? Sorry?
Speaker 2: And you know, let's be honest. Outside of Zachary, this will be the last multiple of fifty we see. Yeah, I wasn't around for the bi centennial in nineteen seventy, nineteen seventy six, I was, but yes, you saw that one.
Speaker 3: I did, I remember it.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to see the one in you know, twenty seventy six. Very well. I guess it's possible, but I'm like, you'd be ninety six years old and maybe yeah, two fifty two fifty. But of course we're going to shoot off some fireworks because this is America. I have two numbers, but let's start with the big one. According to data, how many firework related injuries in twenty twenty five. I mean it's fourteen thousand?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean ten thousand.
Speaker 2: Crazy, So Zax's fourteen k? You say fifteen K? What do you say, sauce sauces ten. I don't even care who's closer because all of you, I would say, fantastic guesses thirteen thousand people injured. Wow, so you guys were all in the right ballpark. That's amazing, right, Yeah, thirteen thousand people. So this weekend, give or take, thirteen thousand people will get hurt. Yeah, that's from fireworks. Here's what's crazy. How many people were killed last year in fireworks? Accidents one hundred. But by the way, for the record, according to this story, this doesn't necessarily say fourth of July. This just is twenty twenty five. Oh, and I would say the vast majority of all this is on the fourth, but maybe not exclusively on the fourth.
Speaker 4: That it's only like twenty seven, say thirty hawks's twenty seven Zaxus thirty saw says one hundred, only.
Speaker 2: Fifteen, Okay, that's still fifteen people, though my guess sense that's sad. Thirty five percent of those injuries were to the hands or fingers. I'm surprised it's not more. Twenty two percent head, face, or ears, and thirty eight percent were burn related. Not all burn related.
Speaker 7: Yeah, unless you just have something to blow off, I guess. Yeah, fireworks are cool. I was afraid of him till I was about twenty. I thought they were too loud. I hated them like Halloween. Well, when I was probably four hundred pounds four Uh, somebody that lived by us, his brother shot them off for one of the cities. So my dad thought it was a great idea to take his four year old and we literally sat like in the boat area where they shoot him off.
Speaker 2: It was so loud and traumatizing. Sounds like it talk with you. Yeah, yeah, I think this would be traumatizing for you. I want everybody to think about their own their own pets. There's a Chinese pet sharing platform that is allowing anyone to rent their dogs out for an hour. Leafee weird, no saus. Think about this for a second. Let's say it's not a KFA listener. Let's say it's not a rube of any kind. Let's say you posted Muppet, your one beautiful dog on social media. Yes, on this pet sharing platform. He's only got one, So I have Winnie, who in the sweet hell is winning some dog.
Speaker 5: That list me so that I fled?
Speaker 2: How much would you have to get paid to let a stranger rent Muppet for an hour and you don't know where they're going, you don't know what they're doing. Can I ask you get to rent this dog for an hour?
Speaker 5: Can I ask your follow up?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 2: Am I guaranteed to get her back?
Speaker 3: Ummm, I think we can give.
Speaker 2: Let's say let's say outside of there's you're guarantee there's no malicious intent, So like the person's not gonna intentionally a barn story. It's not going to be that, or it's not going to intentionally kill your dog, but might be walking the dog and get hit by a car, like the same chances that if you say, the same chances of you taking the dog for a walk and it keeping zero. Yeah, well that's okay that Kelly walks it. Yeah, how much to rent Muppet for an hour?
Speaker 5: Five hundred bucks?
Speaker 2: You'd accept five hundred? Yeah? What if I offer three?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Five hundred only number? This is one of those weird things. I don't know if I would ever do this. I mean, obviously there's number. I'm like, geez, I have a question for you. What if it was Gene from Gene must Joseph al.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: You can't say, don't say it? Don't you can't. This story is gonna end, right, This is gonna end badly. Yeah, of course, sharing renting thing is going to end poorly for whoever created that kind of don't know why you got an idea? Excuse me, Hoober.
Speaker 5: Rough Briant, I'm sorry. Started out all of our ideas with the initial escape.
Speaker 2: I know it's Patt and Uber combined, but you know that the first sound is pooh, right, Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 5: Dwight texted me.
Speaker 2: He says, I'll sue you if you try using that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's like, I own that, My god, buddy, how did you know you're going to bring that story up?
Speaker 2: Zach? How old are you? Thirty one? So you were you are under the age of thirty five, Yes, sir. Last year a record number of people under thirty five were still living with their parents, most in the history of the United States. How many people under the age of thirty five that are adults? By the way, these aren't just obviously kids. This is eighteen to thirty five. How many were still living with their parents? The number of people nine percentage? Give me a number, a million? One million, four than twenty thousand and sixty nine.
Speaker 3: What was the the United States or worldwide?
Speaker 2: US yep US.
Speaker 3: Two hundred and twenty thousand.
Speaker 2: Twenty five million, kayz Wayne, twenty five million young adults under the age of thirty five that's believed are still living with their parents. It's the most ever. Well are of this great country?
Speaker 5: Things are expensive?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: If I didn't have you two, i'd be living with my mom and you love No, I meant you and Corla's and then I have to live with Hawk because he'd come over and rent my dad every once in a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he's my pet.
Speaker 6: Ladies and gentlemen, please have your attention. I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news stories. But I need all of you to stop what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Listen. According to recent data, states that have legalized sports betting have seen a spiking gambling disorders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I tell you, guys, yeah yeah, it's yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: This is pun intended, Paul, But I understand the downside of this, but I'm willing to gamble that it works out. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I love gambling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you and z echo. Here's a here's a number that I'm I'm not sure I believe. And look, I'm a living, breathing skeptic, that's what I do. But I'm also a diehard ice cream fan, and I don't know if this is accurate. According to a recent survey, during the summer in the United States, the average American eats blank number of scoops of ice cream a week A week. Scoop a week? Yep, a week.
Speaker 3: It must be ridiculously large, because you're like ten.
Speaker 2: Two, seven, No, too many? Three? Hawk, almost got it. It's eleven.
Speaker 5: I don't buy it.
Speaker 2: It's no way. That's one and a half a day. I don't buy it.
Speaker 5: No, that's a lot of ice cream.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of ice cream.
Speaker 5: Jinks.
Speaker 2: This says ninety five percent of Americans admitted to eating at least one scoop per I don't believe that number either. Nineteen out of twenty people have at least one scoop of ice cream a week. No chance, no.
Speaker 5: Chance, my mom, is no chance ice cream in probably thirty years.
Speaker 2: Right, how about just to already eliminate the people that don't like ice cream. That's not a lot of people. But that's a good chunk right there. That's more than five percent. Ice cream gives hawk the farts? Thanks, well, doesn't it it do? We did the ice cream the other day with Marnie, Right, We were talking about like the most popular flavors in the state and country and things like that. Apparently this one has generational data. Gen Z millennials and Gen X have cookies and cream as their number one. Baby boomers go chocolate chocolate.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, So the older.
Speaker 2: You are, apparently, the more you lean towards vanilla chocolate or strawberry. The younger you are, the more you put stuff in your ice cream.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't remember even having options like that when I was.
Speaker 3: A little kid, right, I remember cookie.
Speaker 5: Dough being the bubblegum ice cream. Yeah, was the thing for a while.
Speaker 2: As dumb as it sounds, I didn't know there were options until I realized Dairy Queen had blizzards with candy in them, you know what I'm saying. Otherwise it was just when you go to the store, your mom would just get that bucket of vanilla. Yeah, right, Yeah, the bucket, the bucket which they still sell.
Speaker 5: Ye still sells the bucket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure as hell do right there in the bottom. There is price a lot of the time. That's why people get it. It's good value and that's a good bucket. And don't share one of those wait, don't what. It's one of those things where you go to you know, the the self checkout, so nobody asks you how many people you're throwing a party for when you say, my family's out of town, don't ask any more questions.
Speaker 5: I'm not sharing.
Speaker 2: This is for me.
Speaker 3: I've got a plunger, a gallon of ice cream, and some condoms. It's gonna be a hell.
Speaker 2: Of a night. You guess what order? Happyfore Tommy, get out there and let's just say they're all going in the same place one of the time. You guys need help. Happy birthday, Tommy. Oh what what you got? A bucket of ice cream, condoms and a plunger. And when the target guy gives you a weird look, us go, this is for the plunger.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is what I say.
Speaker 3: Party starts at seven.
Speaker 5: And then you just in and kiss him from on the neck.
Speaker 2: What if you just wink and go no hands, buddy, But I'm the target now right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, damn right.
Speaker 2: But Captain Phillips, all right, that wraps up July second for the Power Tip Morning Show. Everybody have an awesome fourth of July weekend, Chris and saw us holding down the fork for the rest of us on Monday, uh five nine, Monday Best of Tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We will be here, no no power Zach.
Speaker 2: You told that, But it was a Best of Tomorrow five thirty to nine that they did not include initially that one of the te