Speaker 1: Morny ladies, gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I woke up yesterday morning with a spring of usta start leader, please, I could never know what the day was US Florida. Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key Democrat.
Speaker 3: Super duper.
Speaker 4: That's nice.
Speaker 2: Way to gondo gay, Yes, boy, that is good news. How about those dolphins. I'm Bill Jefort. The side is wee wos on your side? You hear the distance unders she's an actress. Me powers right, morning show.
Speaker 1: It's Wednesday, January twenty eighth of twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Six.
Speaker 1: You know there's twelve months Mark Parish in the year, and the first one's almost done.
Speaker 2: Remember when it was twenty twenty five? Yeah, that went fast. Yeah, but it's okay.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: The upside is the worst two months in Minnesota or January and February. We're already done with one, basically that one down, one to go after once we hit March. For fine, he's the cake.
Speaker 2: He's the cake man.
Speaker 6: Get to that hockey State tourney now talking to me? Uh, just in general early time world, everyone, you know what I mean Mark, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: That exactly. That's Paul over.
Speaker 1: There, Chris, that's Mark Parris high Mark. Good morning, good morning. How are we doing this morning?
Speaker 2: Great? You great? I made as long as you stuck with the wild game last night. It's a good morning. Yeah. Right, So that's fun. That was electric atmosphere toward the end because of Marny or for the for the Marne third. Yeah, the last twenty five minutes.
Speaker 7: Yes, wasn't the greatest other than no, of course Martie who dropped the puck like I've never seen anybody.
Speaker 2: Throw it or drop it. She she threatened to throw it.
Speaker 7: Uh no, I think she she just she kind of leaned over, bent over and then just kind of, you know, got the picture because.
Speaker 2: You got to get you gotta get the picture. Yeah, of course.
Speaker 7: And then uh and she had did a great job at the picture, had a great smile and then uh and then dropped the puck and then the crowd and crazy for they love her the money and uh and yeah, and then I saw her and I didn't actually hear it, but I saw her on the television.
Speaker 2: She was great with Yeah, it was awesome. She's awesome.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was great and they won, and they won winging a prayer despite some of the most more and I know I maybe banged this drum a little bit too much, but the officiating was.
Speaker 2: My goodness.
Speaker 5: But he's ever actually banged a drum like the adult version, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you would drums like actually banged drum for sure.
Speaker 6: For sure, Yeah, of course there's some strange, strange people out there. Sure he did put a nutsack on a drum, Yes, and it's pretty close. Yeah, it's about as close as you can get without actually doing it. Yeah mm hmm man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, but the great thing was the penalty kill was the star of the game. Yeah, it truly was. That'd be the.
Speaker 6: Four in the regular uh went during regulation, and then the one in ot and then uh yeah that came through and the shootout.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 6: It was an exciting win, great win against Chicago, and thank you, Marcus gets to hold it over Nick's yet again nine in a row now against Chicago.
Speaker 1: And seventeen of eighteen. Yeah, that's that's hard to believe. For a few years ago against the Chicago black.
Speaker 2: Hawk nailed it.
Speaker 3: Thanks buddy boy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was a great win.
Speaker 3: Chris.
Speaker 1: Do you remember when Super Dave was the unarrested development was was the I don't want to say interpreter, but remember he was like the liaison. He had to go around and they strapped like a body cam to him so he could talk to the dad back at the house, and then he had like an earpiece.
Speaker 2: So he had to say. He had to say everything that George.
Speaker 5: I think it was George Bluth was saying, so funny man, because just super Day was in the weirdest spots saying word for word, but the guy back of the house was saying, what a great bit I got. Freaking super Day first three seasons are unbelievable, the Netflix ones. I've gone through him, I think almost twice, and I don't know if I laughed once. And I freaking love that show. How long ago do they do that?
Speaker 8: Like Larry Middleman that was that was his character's name, which is genius, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, Larry Middleman, Come on, man, it's such a funny shot.
Speaker 2: Voice.
Speaker 1: Everything he says is funny. Everything. Yeah, he was, He's outstanding and everything he does. He's so good in Curb though.
Speaker 5: Man, shoutout to Pat Proft for having him on this show a couple of times. It's the best having super Dave on this show.
Speaker 2: I would have loved to have met him.
Speaker 9: Oh man, I will never I mean again, this is a sentence that I've said on the show before that I still can't believe I can say and be telling the truth. Sitting in and he and and Pat Proft's office, Super Dave in Pat Proft's office with my son Alex, who I believe was fourteen at the time, and Super Dave was telling him just the dirtiest of dirty jokes you could ever imagine. And I'm sitting there just going first, I can't believe this is happening. And I'm laughing sart' about to piss myself, and Alex is laughing hard. It is unbelievable. Just that's a that really happened.
Speaker 2: A funny dude, awesome moment. Do you the voice malely left you? Yes, it's great.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I wish I given you.
Speaker 2: Why would doesn't he say? I would have given you a solid hour? He broke my heart. Yeah, it's so good, Super Dave, Super Dave.
Speaker 9: So this morning I got up, I went downstairs I got my car after I did all my stuff, you know, and I tried to start my car and my car said, there's no key fob in here. I was like, oh, that's right, there isn't because it's normally it was in my coat pocket when I went to bed, right, I mean, when I came home, I was wearing the coat. I took my coat office up there, and then I was like, oh, it's not in there. You're right swing upstairs and I looked around, couldn't find a key fob. So I grab I'm like, I'll find it after work, and so I grabbed my extra key fob and I go downstairs. No key fob in your car?
Speaker 2: Like, what the hell is going on?
Speaker 9: Battery's dead in the second key fob right, great, So I'm like, well where can I put it? Well, anyway, long story longer. I had washed the coat that I'd been wearing last night with my keys in the pocket. Luckily they still worked. Luckily it still worked. But it took me forever to remember that I wasn't wearing the same coat I'd been wearing when I went to the gym last night. And then when I finally did get it going, I mean so, uh, that extra key fob doesn't work if battery's dead in the extra key bob.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was no way to start the morning. Oh that's a tough start.
Speaker 9: My phone was ringing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then my phone started ringing.
Speaker 9: I tried to call Sauce and I went straight to voicemail. And of course it was all his fault because I washed my keys in my pocket.
Speaker 2: Why did you make him do that? That makes a lot of sense down for that text, I read this point. Well, my phone was going crazy because I was supposed to be.
Speaker 9: Early to let somebody in, and of course I wasn't here, and that person was looking for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I almost went back in the house and found the longest rope I can find.
Speaker 2: That's right, I just go back to the house. Quote to bed.
Speaker 9: Oh trust me, yeah, trust me.
Speaker 2: That's one of these days. I'll sleep through it. How long have key fob's been around? That seems like a Zacho thing? Like Zacho, wouldn't.
Speaker 9: I mean, did you invelt the key fob?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 7: I did only twenty thirteen, didn't have one, but my I think them in mid mid twenty tens when they find.
Speaker 2: H yes, vitamin key fob vitamin K. So if only there was a website where we could like, yeah, yeah, look at.
Speaker 9: This is the ghedies eighty Yeah maybe for Richo's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for Richos so like Gordon Gecko and Zach Yes, yeah they had key Fobb's the head cell phones guy.
Speaker 9: On the commercial.
Speaker 2: Oh they're talking about the remote.
Speaker 1: I think keyless entry became more common healus entry, whoa, whoa in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the keyless entry is different than like the.
Speaker 1: Key nineteen eighty eight. Nineteen ninety eight, Uh, Mercedes Benz introduced the keyless gohot system.
Speaker 5: All right, so I think you just nailed it though that that was not even close to standard though until semi recently, right, that was, as Chris said, for Richie's.
Speaker 2: For rich that wasn't like now almost all new.
Speaker 1: Cars have key sobs and keyless entry and all this kind of stuff. Let's get rid of the old key. Why back in the day was pretty rare.
Speaker 7: Whide spread adoption at accelerating after twenty ten it moved to the technology moved from luxury only to standard on most vehicles by twenty eighteen, and they are featured over and over sixty percent of new cars and now it's almost basically one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if that makes sense, that checks out. Yep, So take that Richie's we got caught up man, Yeah, chie.
Speaker 1: Richie, Yeah, we uh my wife accidentally washed the TV remote when she was washing the sheets of our bed.
Speaker 2: Was it in Chris's jacket?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, gentlemen, Yeah, that's the end of the story. Yeah, I mean we just would a new one. No, we had to go get a new one. It washed out. But yeah, how long did you give it to dry?
Speaker 2: About? Two days? Did you put it in Rice?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I don't think that works.
Speaker 7: I don't think you're shouldn't do that, But I just like the idea of you putting our remote control and rice.
Speaker 1: That was always a thing in like the middle two thousands. It was like, oh my god, my phone got wet. Yeah here, it's like that's there's no way that's going to work.
Speaker 9: Hey, Mark, what's up. We're Were you really warm on hockey Day Minnesota?
Speaker 6: No? No, it was it was very one day. One day I did overdressed and I was a little bit warm. God No, no, it was actually pretty nice, to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: That got me, But yeah, it was. It was really really cold.
Speaker 9: Did you did you hear about what was going on in the other booth?
Speaker 2: Which booth? Yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 6: Well we well did you well? Does Zacho did his power? Did your power go down?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Ours?
Speaker 2: So like the whole second period.
Speaker 6: So we were Ben guestless and I were just uh uh rapping and doing our play by play, and colors were rapping. We were rapping, yep, and just for the rest of the press box, just to kind of keep going.
Speaker 2: It's may keep going. Why is it so cold here in this booth? Everyone knows I got bad tooth that works, thank you, Sam.
Speaker 9: Well, that's because you're an idiot.
Speaker 2: No I am, I am an idiot. How was it in those tents though? The little globes not great?
Speaker 7: Roasy, I mean it was a little fun to we'll look over well, I can't feel my feet to look at you guys with your coats off and nes the weekend basically having your own little uh you know, I know you guys are laughing and having all the best time in the world.
Speaker 2: Look again, Zach, you went through this.
Speaker 5: They did everything they could to make sure Hockey Day Minnesota was going to be a success. They didn't know you guys should be broadcasting from Neptune, Like, there's no way of knowing you're.
Speaker 2: Going to get this. What the coldest day in seven Yeah, no, I don't blame them. I don't them. You don't blame them.
Speaker 1: So they did their best, and there were some mistakes, man, because it was freaking freezing.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, wind yeah, some transformer or whatever time somebody went some something went down. Yeah, like because Ben and I were in there talking and next thing, you know, which you couldn't hear each other, guestless and and uh, look all the all the screens went blue. Everything just started kind of looking funny, and we turned around and somebody said, we're dead. And for that second period though, however, Zach, it was freezing in there. We did have to open up a door in a window to get like one camera going or whatever for the rest of the second So.
Speaker 2: I felt how bad it was for at least thirty minutes. I'm sorry to hear that. I just want to let you know it it was when.
Speaker 7: I looked over, I knew right away because they had they had a big video board out there and it was dead for a while, Like, what the hell is going on and then yeah, when your monitor was blue and you guys are with the headsets off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, we were just so Ben and I were having fun up in the press box for everybody up there making.
Speaker 2: Fun of.
Speaker 3: I bet you were.
Speaker 2: I bet you how much fun was working with Parker? I bet he was awesome. I'm brilliant, it was. He's awesome, I bet. Yeah, Yeah, he's the best. He's going to be incredible. I just made a joke about it, and then I looked it up.
Speaker 9: What do you think the.
Speaker 2: Temperature is on Neptune currently that average? Look at it?
Speaker 6: No, I want to know January of last year average temp on Neptune.
Speaker 2: Minus one fifty.
Speaker 7: I was going to go to seventy uh probably five thousand below zero fahrenheit.
Speaker 5: Approximately minus three fifty three to three sixty four as the standard you get upper atmospheric temperature somewhere in the three fifty range.
Speaker 2: Greasy, now that close?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah that's cold. Yes.
Speaker 6: And they were handed out Yeah, like the United Heroes League was was just awesome all week, the way the setup was incredible and everything. Obviously they couldn't control their weather, but they were giving out handwarmers and everything they could uh to help keep everybody warm, I mean out there just he doesn't care, no, like the biggest wimp on the one day, I was just absolutely bundled up in a little bit warm. He's just wearing like a sweatshirt. Yeah, jacket, I got a heat of gloves.
Speaker 2: Don't worry. I'm good. Come on, grease like Carhart bibs on for about free layers along underwear.
Speaker 3: No. No.
Speaker 6: Oddly enough, his lower body was perfectly one the whole time. He kept bragging about that, I'm a rally guys. I'm a straighten up I'm straighten up all right, buddy tween dealing with.
Speaker 9: Everybody and not being on to find my keys, being yelled at by every person on both sides of every argument. It's been hard to be funny the last couple of days. But I'm gonna turn it up a notch when come back.
Speaker 2: You ready for this already? Yes, sir? What was the name of that song that you all ready for this song? I think it was called you all Ready for This? Wasn't really probably probably that's jams. That was, yeah, the collection of Dad Loves all Those Space Jam by Quad City d.
Speaker 5: J oh hell yeah, good dance. Damn jam Corey has never seen that film. Never saw a Space Jam. Saw the new one with my kiddo when it came out. It was freaking terrible. Citizen Kane right, saw ones fell asleep as hell? Oh similar, all right, so I'm not missing much. No, just groundbreaking shots, right, groundbreaking cinematography. No big deal Space Jam and Citizen Kane all right? More the Power to Morning Show after this dumb fan.
Speaker 3: Crush super days here on Thursday, and I've been sitting here for two damn days waiting for your stupid morning show to call me so I could promote what I was doing. Patri the call, and they're great guys. I remember doing the show and you never called. That is going on? You have better guess than that.
Speaker 1: Who are you talking to?
Speaker 3: Mccam anyway, forget it. Don't ever call me again because I'm not. Instead of promoting in Minnesota anymore, I'll find another station in Minnesota because I tell the guys you let me down, and you let them down. It could have been a great half hour. I would have give me a two hours. Okay, I've been crying. Okay, you made me cry, did I? Tell you that I don't cry easy. How am I getting refrigerator? That's why I was crying. That's nothing to do with it. I sho was crying. So if you're going to be a professional, don't work in Minnesota because it's too cold. But if you're going to be a professional, next time, do your job. Okay, buddy boy, and I'll call you again if we got picked up, which would be six years. But we go on in August. So about July I started mentioning the show. Okay, thanks, buddy boy, have a good weekend.
Speaker 2: Week man.
Speaker 9: He wasn't going to live very long, you know.
Speaker 5: Suddenly that's my favorite part, the part at the end where he's like comes out in August.
Speaker 2: So if you could just remember in July, that would be great.
Speaker 3: What was it for?
Speaker 2: Do you remember? I think they were bringing back, Yes, Super Days da've been.
Speaker 9: I think they did a few episodes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I never saw the remake, but yeah, maybe if he would have been on the shutter promoted, I would have remembered.
Speaker 2: Okay, buddy boy, Yeah, my blank in the fridge. Man, it's super cliche. He could read the phone book. I would laugh. He's got one of those voices.
Speaker 9: It's like it's like if p wa Herman had left you a voicemail message at some point, like somebody for like I loved super Dave yea God, why didn't I Why didn't I talk to him more?
Speaker 2: I just didn't want to bother him. I was like, yeah, sure, and his number.
Speaker 9: And it's like like you would with Nick schwartzon Saucy, like you don't bug him all the time. Right now he's gone and I can't ever bug him. Yeah, damn it anyway, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was the first guest on the new Norm MacDonald podcast in the day, and that was good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The way these two played off each other. God, he just keeps threatening to leave and basically saying do you know what you just said? So yeah, I could listen to those two go all day.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, not like that. Come on, just be adults. Yep, what I do most of the day.
Speaker 9: Amen, brother, That's what I was gonna say. I need to talk to somebody who likes me, But that ain't true.
Speaker 2: Nobody likes anybody, no, no.
Speaker 9: No, no, and they all know what the right thing to do is and they can't believe we're not doing it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh yeah, everyone figure out. Everyone's a critic. Yep, learned that one playing the NHL. Absolutely everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there's that. Yeah.
Speaker 11: I have at least about diseases, so I have trouble touching things in public places.
Speaker 2: It's almost impossible with you.
Speaker 9: I have a real big problem moving.
Speaker 2: As long as I'm in my apartment, I'm okay, you sure. When I want to go out, I get weird.
Speaker 9: Weird too, buddy, Yep, I get dizzy spells sometimes. Yep.
Speaker 2: Cold sweats, got it, hot sweats.
Speaker 9: Check favorite blisters.
Speaker 11: Difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, blurred vision, involuntary trembling, dead hands, numb lips, dead sensitivity, me too, velvet discomfort.
Speaker 9: What if my heart stops beating?
Speaker 2: What if I'm looking for a bathroom I can't find it and my bladder explodes. So good, one of the greatest movies ever. It's so good. Keep saying, keep sailing, sailing, keep sailing, Bob Zach, It looked like you were going to say something about diet coke. No, I just say, at least the diet coke tastes good, all right?
Speaker 9: Well, and it does, really, Yes, I was thinking to say thing. It's the first thing I thought when I took a drink, I'm like, that's a really good batch. There, that's a good year.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a firestone. But this is pretty see what it is? Tired? Yeah, I'm I'm sorry. Tickle a lizard.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I'm glad Super Dave is in here to hear that you had two refrigerator again.
Speaker 12: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 9: Do I have some stuff for you guys today? And what really matters? Do you guys know anything at all about Canadian football?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: No, I just know that Pat Proft loves it. The NFL Gray Cup, two teams named the.
Speaker 7: Rough Ridersmore and John can one hundred and ten yard field right, get running?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was weird. Yep, it's called the Gray Cup. It's been around for like a hundred years. All that stuff, right, So don't in Canada. Yeah, yeah, football is the par very.
Speaker 5: It's for football players that aren't good enough to play in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they can go there and all of a sudden come back have careers. Warren Moon pretty dumb career. Well I don't think look it up. Look it up for the horse analyst, Yeah, the one. Don't judge them.
Speaker 9: Sometimes I laugh right there, that one. Who's that remind me of.
Speaker 2: Back to the Future, Crisp and Glover? Ye, Christmas Glover?
Speaker 9: Right, that did that?
Speaker 2: Lie? That's was that me? Or Zach? Oh?
Speaker 9: I've been sitting here trying to think, like for a year, and you just did it and finally got that right there. Really, that's the Crispin Clover laugh from the future.
Speaker 2: George McFly, Yeah. Your we all go through stages as we girl. Guys. Yeah, buddy, Hey, look, they didn't have the internet.
Speaker 1: The only way to see naked women back then was to climb a tree and whose binocular?
Speaker 2: Big deal? It was the fifties. Yeah, rimes were different, guys, Leave me alone.
Speaker 9: Okay, Calvin, why keep calling me Calvin?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Both of his parents were perverts. Man, you got it, I got it. Marty turned out okay, Yeah, Marty turned out just fine. Had four arms.
Speaker 6: To be in the movie Deliverance, and so did George say at the end, you know, yeah, I excuse me.
Speaker 5: I remember he ended up being a rich, well respected science fiction author. Author Crispin Glover said he didn't want to be in these subsequent Back to the Future movies because he was pissed that the moral of the story was that money makes you happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, I had like the point of the end of the first I have standard.
Speaker 9: I thought it was because he didn't like the fact that they had him hire the man who almost raped his wife.
Speaker 6: Exactly because they didn't let me laugh in any of the scenes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the guy almost rips his future wife's dress right to shreds. But you know what'll make him really regretted as washing my car for the rest of his life.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm mad, but I'm going to put you on the payroll. Yeah, then we're on this exactly what.
Speaker 5: You spent a lot of time around my house, so I can constantly remind you what I have now and you don't.
Speaker 2: That won't anger you in any way. I didn't see the issue. I'm sorry. Still one of the greatest movies of all.
Speaker 9: Times, almost his number three, A Boy, No Boy.
Speaker 2: Front Paid Sports. After this on the fin.
Speaker 9: I'm watching the best of Larry Middleman from the rest of the um right now. Oh my god, it's so good.
Speaker 2: But I love job. Job is.
Speaker 9: One of my favorite television characters of all time. I don't care. Yep, you better bring some dog food because the women you dated Dogs.
Speaker 5: I'm so proud of himself, all the blue stud the chicken dance and they all do it a little bit differently.
Speaker 2: That it's great. This is such a well written show. So good.
Speaker 9: Yes, Larry Middleman, super Dave Osborne on the show, he's got microphone around his Uh yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Guy, they nailed it, they did all right. Let's keep Page Sports. Time now for Front Page Sports presented by Holiday Station Store.
Speaker 5: Holiday Station Stores for a limited time by two Monsters, get one free, and you can mix and match any Monster flavors you wanted. Holiday buy to get one free, including ultra Punk Punch, which I tried a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Was fine, but uh maybe better than fine. But again the beauty mix.
Speaker 5: And Forrest try something else then. Yeah, I thought it was fine. But if you love it great.
Speaker 2: I like the the Monster Zeros. We can get any flavors you want me too.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get a Monster zero in Gulado. Yeah, he loves it. I get the new Red Bulls there. Holiday is the best. Holiday is the best. But won't stop the music? Yeah, please don't stop the music, Please start on top.
Speaker 9: That's my line.
Speaker 5: Oh the Wild are victorious. Last night four to three over Chicago. They won in a shootout. Carill the only shootout scorer. That is the third straight overtime game for the Wild, and I believe they either are tied or leave the league in overtime games.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they've had ten since the holiday break.
Speaker 2: That's a lot. Yeah, straight since the holiday break.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The Wild score two and the third to tie it. Eric Sineck and then Spurgeon late. Spurgeon scored with two to two to go. Vall said twenty nine saves on thirty two shots. The Wild have won seventeen of their last eighteen against Chicago. They host Calgary Thursday, that's tomorrow at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: The Wild Parish were down three. Rip.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was incredible. First time this season they have come back from three, being down three. Tough first starts Chicago. The leg's going. You know, you got to give Chicago a lot of credit. They played really, really well, but well just kind of stuck with it.
Speaker 3: The p K.
Speaker 6: I think they got a lot of a lot of confidence and a lot of belief in their penalty killed Volsteed's played outstanding. Both goaltenders Spencer and I played very well too. Lot it was a great look at a couple of future stars in the NHL for goaltending.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the penalty kill was the star.
Speaker 6: They made four penalty kill or killed off all Ford in their regular regulation. Yakov Trenion got things going, uh big old eule Erikson eck from the power play and then obviously Spurgeon there and as soon as they pulled Valstead there with about two minutes left, and then Caprizo off coming up with a big overtime or excuse me, the penalty shock call that was. That was an amazing two points. You know, it's one of those games things things just whether the whether, the calls aren't going your way, the bounces aren't going your way, just things just aren't. You couldn't get things going, and you somehow find a way to fight back and get two points out of it.
Speaker 2: That was a great character win for the Minnesota Wild last night. That was a story. That was the story. Oh hi, Mark, what's wrong with Mark? Nothing great? What's wrong with Bill Belichick?
Speaker 5: Bill Belichick not a first ballot Hall of Famer Rosey He fell short of the required votes needed for induction.
Speaker 2: What what what?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What's gotta do? I don't know. That's what the sports world is losing their minds over. And every show is the list of who didn't vote for him?
Speaker 5: Uh, the only one that publicly that is out so far as Levelli, Neil.
Speaker 2: Terry Staff, he didn't vote for him. No super Bowl level. Yeah, he's a hater.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: Six is a head coach. Two is a defensive coordinator or assistant with the Giants. But eight times Super Bowl champion Bill Belichick not Hall of Famer, not yet at least none of the first ballot will have to wait, wow, all right, he has a handful of records. He has a Super bowls if you count the two that he won as an assistant.
Speaker 9: Does he have like any of the original Motley Cree records?
Speaker 2: I don't think so, do you?
Speaker 4: Hell?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he has the record for most Super Bowl appearances as a head coach.
Speaker 2: How many does he have as a head coach? Ten? Thirteen, nine, nine, trying to think of how many? Six and three? Six?
Speaker 5: And he has the record for most playoff wins as a head coach. How many playoff wins does Bill Belichick have?
Speaker 2: Well, you're probably the number one seed most of the time. They started in a one you'd probably say fifty fifty two, fifty one, thirty one. We sucked at that. It's okay.
Speaker 5: He also had the most divisional championships as a head coach. How many divisional championships did he win?
Speaker 1: They were an elite team, but they played in the worst division in NFL history, right, I mean they did. The Dolphins would have like the Bills were bad and the who was the other team in that division?
Speaker 2: Hawk?
Speaker 9: Wasn't that the Colts?
Speaker 2: No, it was the Jets. Jets who'd been bad for thirty years. Balls, you're not mad at me?
Speaker 7: Fifteen fifteen, I want to go Fourteennine.
Speaker 5: Thirteen seventeen, Specy so six times Super Bowl winner as a head coach, two others so eight overall. He was on the NFL's one hundredth anniversary team. I don't know why I'm doing his resume. Everybody knows. Yeah, three times NFL Coach of the Year in O three to seven in twenty ten. Most Super Bowl appearances as a head coach, most Playoff wins as the head coach, most divisional championships.
Speaker 2: As the head coach. So he's.
Speaker 3: Six.
Speaker 2: There's been.
Speaker 7: This is Super Bowl sixty, right, So he's been involved in one out of five Super Bowls in the history.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you mean it's a head coach or as an assistant. I mean close. Yeah, that's nuts.
Speaker 6: It's incredible. It's still not worth first ballot though apparently not.
Speaker 5: Some guys just don't want to vote people in on the first ballot. I mean, made it very clear that his very apparently carriers over to the NFL. It's just so true tect him.
Speaker 2: You never know that they the one of me.
Speaker 6: How the relationship is between of course the coach and the media and people who.
Speaker 2: Vote for him. Do you do steroids?
Speaker 1: Is a lot of people have pointed out I was voting when you the Hall of Fame is not the time to like take out your own personal vendetta, And that's what they're doing. He must have pissed a lot of people off.
Speaker 2: Do you want to hear my personal vendetta? Yeah? Man, this computer slow?
Speaker 9: Yeah, they all stuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do they suck again? Here's my personal vendetta. Remember remember the fifth of November, the gunpowder treason and plot. I know the gunpowder should ever.
Speaker 1: Be that was Hugo Weaving and the Jacksonville Jaguars Lady simultaneously.
Speaker 2: She's in that movie. Yes, so she did get a big break. Natalie. Natalie Portman was her body double.
Speaker 1: They're almost identical, Paul, your hands up Natalie Portman's body double.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, she's got a beach house. Well, it's not quite on the beach.
Speaker 9: Just be clear, please, Yeah, I don't be done looking for your beach house at the beach.
Speaker 2: It's not really there.
Speaker 1: Saw, so you have not seen v for Vendetta, correct, I have not really good, really good disappointment.
Speaker 2: One battle after another. Last night, I.
Speaker 6: Did finally make it through that one, make it through it. I fell asleep pretty early on.
Speaker 5: It wasn't that the movie that you said you didn't know it? Was it Sean Penn. You're like, Sean Penn, it's the first scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I did watch that, you were not lying at all.
Speaker 5: Legendary First, that is legendarily falling asleep in a movie. If you don't get to Sean Penn in that movie, because it's almost the first thing that pops up.
Speaker 2: It's in the first couple of minutes, right, Yeah, yeah, no, I was. I was.
Speaker 6: I impressed myself when I when I had that realization almost movie.
Speaker 5: His review of One Battle after Another is the Fans Meet Sauce Paul Lambert.
Speaker 1: It's outstanding. Leo is amazing in it. It's just, yeah, it's an unbelievable movie. It's a forcible Sean Penn's character, as Hockey has said multiple times, it's one of the worst people on the planet, just the way that you know Leo's life is at one point and then he basically, you know, smokes too much marijuana and he's a disaster. But the message and all of it, it's a great film. I feel like I was there. You've seen it, though, so you don't even need to review it.
Speaker 9: I wish I could read your book reports from high school, man.
Speaker 2: I think I didn't.
Speaker 5: How many of your book reports were like what did you think of Animal Farm? And it was just I thought it was wonderful, what a great book the farm and all the stuff that was happening, and it was just great, especially the pig and stuff he did, great stuff and all the stuff that he dealt with. Fantastic book. A plus. And then that was the last A plus that was on that piece.
Speaker 1: Of paper because the teacher wrote a giant read f at the top of it and said, probably read the book, Paul, this isn't fulling anything.
Speaker 9: Went and got a job in McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now look at me. Now, no, not you the teacher. Oh, I had worse. I can't do this, but you don't listen. I can't do this work. But most embarrassing tests.
Speaker 6: I had to do a retake test and when I was in I don't know, junior high and uh so it's gone for hockey tournament whatever. Uh and it was after school, so I'm going. And not only does this teacher, she's a good friend of my mom's. So I come in late or after school to take the test. Of course, I have not read a page of this book, so I'm looking forward to taking the test and getting my butt out of there before she actually reads the test and I take this she said, oh, let's just let me write it quick while you're here.
Speaker 2: And by the third question.
Speaker 6: The smile on her face had completely vanished and realized I had not read the book.
Speaker 2: Hard to fake it at all? And yeah, I felt I felt pretty pretty awful that day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Our discussion from a day or two ago, Like I was driving home, going maybe I should reread those books Animal Farm, Grapes of Wrath, To Kill a Mockingbird.
Speaker 1: All those books that we talked about nineteen eighty four. And then I'm like, that's a lot of reading. Yeah, And by the time I get home, I convinced myself to not do that. Yeah, wow, like I should I should get smarter, I should learn. God, poker's on my mind and you watch that. Yeah, well, good for you. There's some major tournaments going on right now. I don't have to read Animal Farm. Oh God, no the Frenchman.
Speaker 2: Oh the Gate to the Groin for Yanni compared ron and you could hear it.
Speaker 9: Your nick.
Speaker 2: The Frenchman. We're only a week and a half away from the Winter Olympics. Maybe some French.
Speaker 1: Scared hands nuts on a gate his history to his poor crotch. It's one of the best pieces of sports broadcasting in the history of sports broadcasting.
Speaker 13: First broadcast, no doubt, even though we vought for that man. Almost so good the Frenchman.
Speaker 1: I bet guards you'll text me, Oh the Frenchman about once a week. The most honest scream in the history of screams.
Speaker 2: Growing for compared drawn and you could hear it. Oh, how fast do you think he's going there like hundred.
Speaker 9: I really don't know. I don't know how fast they go.
Speaker 2: I don't do they go. I boy, I wonder how.
Speaker 9: His nutsackis this morning wherever he's.
Speaker 2: At, still a little tender. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Downhill skiing average speeds sixty to seventy miles an hour. Top speeds often exceeded eighty to ninety five.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, right in the like taking a slap shot.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I wish somebody would go back and analyze that stretch of the course and figure out how fast he was going when it did.
Speaker 2: And he's not. I mean, he's not wearing any You don't expect to be hitting the penis you never do? That is correct.
Speaker 5: What really matters is next we'll do scores and stats around the world of sports. Mark Parrish is here. This is the Power Trip Morning show on the fan Fan.
Speaker 12: Look, Bitty, you have gone to REHA. You may have given it to somebody else, So somebody may have given it to you. Who gave it to whom it doesn't really matter. But what does matter is that if we don't bring the contacts in for examination and treatment, maybe we'll keep right on spreading.
Speaker 2: Hawk Your voicemails point on there. I love it when she says so, I kind of disagree with who gave it to who?
Speaker 9: I don't know what you mean by that.
Speaker 2: Who I mean, doesn't it kind of matter?
Speaker 9: I guess it does.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Just don't give it.
Speaker 6: I keep it to your percent agree, just saying in the instances where it happens.
Speaker 5: Remember when you were a kid, you're out in the public and your parents. But like, keep your hands to yourself, keep your gonna read it to yourself too, Yeah, and everything else.
Speaker 2: Please, like you got it, congratulations, Just don't share. Yeah, because it's abroad. Whoa why is it called gnarrhea?
Speaker 7: I'm gonna look that up, all right, I'll do this while you do that should be called stay aia.
Speaker 2: That's what really matters. You're clever. I'm gonna miss you next week, horrible bad. What really matters the scores and stats around the world of sports.
Speaker 5: And it's brought to you by our friends at Ohvo Lasic and lens Get Lasik in twenty twenty six, change your life with the Legends of Lasik, doctor Marklobanof and doctor David White.
Speaker 2: Thanks ob Lasik and Lens. All right, let's talk about some stuff that we haven't talked about yet. We don't need to be repetitive.
Speaker 10: Amazing hot rootsy, Hey, tell me what's your ring tone?
Speaker 9: Amazing hot roots.
Speaker 7: I about him yesterday. Man on the glass penalty box, best seat in the house.
Speaker 2: Home penalty box.
Speaker 6: Though you can't really chirp no, Yeah, if you're gonna sit by that penalty box, you want you want to sit?
Speaker 2: You way too nice to chirp amazing ones. Yeah, that's like he's yelling. Well, then maybe that's why he liked being the home team, because he was complimenting the guys.
Speaker 5: B Buffalo Bills are promoting offensive coordinator Joe Brady to head coach on a five year deal. He is thirty six years old. He's been with the Bills since twenty twenty two. He was the OC the last two seasons twenty four and twenty five. Josh Allen turns thirty in May.
Speaker 1: That's kind of an interesting dynamic when the coach and quarterback are that close in age thirty six and thirty.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: McDermott was there nine years, so they they poked around, but they're going to stay in house and go with Joe Brady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good for him. I just I'm assuming Josh Allen probably had a voice in that, that is correct.
Speaker 9: I just man still shocked by that whole situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, imagine they thought, Mike, that guy's not doing a good enough job.
Speaker 12: Better.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what really matters is this Canadian football. I love it. Okay, go on.
Speaker 9: Do you know how many downs? There are?
Speaker 2: Three? Three? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Five?
Speaker 9: I didn't know that either.
Speaker 3: Three.
Speaker 9: There are three three downs?
Speaker 6: I yeah, yeah, three downs the CFL when the NFL wasn't on up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Did you know that there are twelve men on each side of the ball?
Speaker 2: No, No, I didn't either. Y.
Speaker 9: Did you know the defensive lineman have to be lined up one yard back from the offensive lineman?
Speaker 2: I did not know that. I don't think I knew that detail.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 9: Lastly, after this next sports fact, have you ever heard of what they call a rouge? No, moulan, wait until you hear what a rouge is in Canadian football.
Speaker 5: The Wolves are at Dallas at seven thirty ten night. The Wolves are twenty eight and nineteen the MAVs.
Speaker 2: They played last night. I don't think so.
Speaker 5: So I think they're still nineteen and twenty seven. Cooper flag number one overall picking the draft is averaging just under nineteen points a game.
Speaker 2: That good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rookie solid. Yeah, okay, he started forty three games for them this year. It's pretty good.
Speaker 2: He looks good. Yeah. I guess the kid in Charlotte's the favorite right now to win Rookie of the Year though, Canipple, isn't that his name? That sounds so good?
Speaker 9: What about that sounds good?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Really, you're a fan, the massive fan. Really? Yeah, then I have news for you. What really matters though?
Speaker 9: Is this so because there's only three downs? In Canadian football, punting is a huge deal, huge deal, and there's much more of an emphasis on the passing game. But here's the thing about punting in Canadian football. There's a thing called a rouge r o u g E, or also known as a single, a one point score that is awarded for certain plays that involved the ball being kicked into the end zone and not returned from it. A single is awarded when the ball is kicked into the end zone by any legal means other than a convert or a successful field goal, and if the receiving team does not return the kick out of its own end zone.
Speaker 2: M okay, zero period.
Speaker 9: The lowest scoring game and CFL history was you guessed it won nothing?
Speaker 2: Oh wow? That had to be tough to watch. Is that it's supposed to be high school? That was like the AFC Championship game on Sunday rather watch a single. Yeah, there's kind.
Speaker 6: Of was like some kind of like rugby style thing they brought into pah snow game.
Speaker 9: It's it's actually a very old rule that's been around forever in the league and there's been major games that have been won because somebody punted the ball into the end zone and it wasn't returned.
Speaker 2: It's not like they don't have to recover it. It's just as long as it's not returned, right yep. I remember watching a video I was recommended on YouTube.
Speaker 7: It was like most exciting CFL finish ever, and it was a punt into the end zone and they were trying to run it out, but then the guy they were trying to the other team was obviously trying to keep them in the end zone or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know what happened, but apparently it was the most exciting finish. I didn't get it.
Speaker 6: I don't think I've ever taken the time to look up exciting finish of CFL by being a big NFL fan.
Speaker 2: That was my whole point to this. It was like, this isn't the NFL, though, Zak.
Speaker 5: Is there any chance that that's what happened? Is that you googled most exciting finish?
Speaker 9: Yes, oh football, I'm going to explaining to you much right. Here's from Chad Gpt because I said, please explain it to me in a way I can actually communicate it because I did a terrible job. You get a rouge when you kick the ball into the end zone, either by a punt or a missed field goal or even a kickoff, and the other team doesn't bring it out of the enzone.
Speaker 2: So why wouldn't you bring it out of the end zone if you're the other team.
Speaker 9: I have no idea what the other team won't let you or I guess you didn't know they were going to kick it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you were the quarterback and they you and you punt it like a drop kick.
Speaker 7: Their their field goals are pretty exciting too, because, as you mentioned, with the rouge thing, you have to be ready if they missed the field goal, because you don't want to give up a point.
Speaker 2: So this is fun, right.
Speaker 5: Nebraska's twenty four game win streak is snapped. They lost seventy five seventy two at number three Michigan. Nebraska did not score over the final three minutes and twenty seconds. They actually led seventy two sixty nine, but Michigan scores the final six points. So Nebraska and Fred Hoiberg finally lost a game. They are twenty and one, Michigan now nineteen and one.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, can't win them all? Bonus wants some money from you. Yeah, didn't one of Bobby Knight's Indiana teams win them all? Hawk? Yeah, like fifty years ago?
Speaker 9: Trying to remember what? Yeah, right right around a little before I was born, I believe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who was the starting point guard on that team?
Speaker 9: I actually have it written down right here.
Speaker 2: Oh Barry Kyogan? Oh yeah, the joker? Oh what they called him?
Speaker 9: Like AK forty seven?
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, that's not the same person. Whatever then, man, that guy played for the Wolves for a while.
Speaker 2: Barry Kogan? Now was he point guard?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Yes, you're thinking of Shane Heel He played for the Wolves.
Speaker 9: Sure, what about John big Toe.
Speaker 2: I know there was an ak forty seven, Alex Cola forty seven.
Speaker 1: Or andrake Kirolinko over the Timberwolves, or Alex Kiel could be Alex k Anna Kendrick.
Speaker 2: Are you just playing initials? That's two days from now?
Speaker 9: Yeah, awesome game called get to the end of the show.
Speaker 2: What time is it? What time is it? What really matters though?
Speaker 9: Is this The first Gray Cup, which is the super Bowl of Canadian football, was held in nineteen o nine.
Speaker 2: You saw a Gray Cup last week at the alumni game. So yeah, there was a few of them.
Speaker 6: Actually, they showed the US had way more than the world team.
Speaker 2: Amazing hot rod damn.
Speaker 9: Yeah, nineteen or nine. Each team in the Canadian Football League must have at least twenty one players of Canadian descent, and eight of them must start.
Speaker 2: Really wow, I don't know that.
Speaker 9: I didn't either.
Speaker 6: I knew they had rules. I didn't know the exact rules like that, but I didn't know that they had so they had rules.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I'm going, and you're right.
Speaker 9: Somebody said I was. I might have been your parents. The field is one hundred and ten yards long.
Speaker 2: I believe that was Zachlo's point. Yeah, yes, sixty five yards wide.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 6: It looks like an Olympic sized hockey rink if you used to watching an NHL rink.
Speaker 2: That's a huge bitch. Amen. Wow.
Speaker 5: Gopher basketball is at Wisconsin tonight at eight o'clock. The Gophers are struggling lately. They've lost a lot of games here. They're now ten and ten, three and six in the Big Ten. The drunken Scanies are fourteen and six, six and three in the Big Ten. Go Nico Medved Yeah, go him, he's great. Yeah, roll the boat.
Speaker 2: But what really matters is this m Did you mentioned the field goal posts.
Speaker 9: About them being in the middle of the Yeah, which is stupid. Look compilations, those are always fun to watch.
Speaker 2: Oh, this just feels terrible for those guys. Ouch's like when the NFL had at the front of the end zone. Just come on, give the guy's a chance. M right.
Speaker 9: There's a fair catch kick obscure rule allowed for a free kick from a spot where a fair catch was made.
Speaker 2: We have that in NFL.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, a free kick from a where a fair catch was made. Yes, yeah, you can boot it from wherever. Yeah, that's happened a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and.
Speaker 9: I've never heard of that.
Speaker 2: I think the Patriots did it really Yeah what oh yeah, it wasn't. Fluty kind of known for his that's the drop kick, wasn't it. Yeah, that was the drop kick. Okay there catch at twenty Oh yeah. They did it.
Speaker 7: The Thursday night last year Broncos and Chargers and let's see here.
Speaker 2: It was at the end of the half and the Chargers got the free catch kick and got the three points.
Speaker 9: I've never heard of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, me either. And it's it's interesting because you can you don't have to like snap the ball or anything.
Speaker 7: You just basically it's you start with it teed up for you and yeah, well fascinating.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 7: First it was the first conversion, that first successful conversion since nineteen seventy six, so they're very rare.
Speaker 2: There's my defense that wasn't even born from the last one seventy that's my excuse too. Yeah, same.
Speaker 9: Hawk, I have no excuses.
Speaker 2: Nate James.
Speaker 9: Nate Burlison was a highly productive wide receiver who recorded four hundred and fifty five receptions for fifty and thirty yards over his career for Calgary in the Canadian Football League.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: That's why I told you after the Vikings obviously. Then right, yeah, how long did he play here? Like two or three years? It was pretty short, right I think?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did you play for the Lions for a second too?
Speaker 9: I mean it's the Lions.
Speaker 2: Well didn't he play for wasn't he didn't he go to the Seahawks.
Speaker 9: Let's see, he goes out with the Projects in two thousand and three to two thousand and five, the Seahawks two thousand and six, two thousand and nine, the Lions twenty thirteen, and then the Browns for one year.
Speaker 5: I didn't know why even look up things on Wikipedia. Just ask Paul over there or me over here. We know we're sports nerds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know he was Canadian.
Speaker 9: Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, did not know that either.
Speaker 9: Good looking man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's really good on TV. Yeah, he is very good.
Speaker 7: So weird to me that we have like the like the two of the three main morning national morning shows are hosted by former football players. Straighthand on Good Morning America, Burlison and CBS made Ben Leber host Twin Cities Live.
Speaker 2: HODA copy was a right guard in the seventies for the Vikings.
Speaker 9: Was she really al Roker was a male cheerleader for the Gophers.
Speaker 2: Wow, I didn't know that. That's all fascinating.
Speaker 9: That's what really matters, man.
Speaker 2: I remember Bud Grant scouting her back in the sixties. Size matters. More of what really matters after this, this is the power to a morning chow on the fan. We all had that one teacher who believed in us.
Speaker 7: For your gratitude of think A teacher powered by donors shoes, nominated a public school teacher that went five thousand dollars for their classroom. This week, we wanted to give a shout out to Tyler Halversonages at the Independence Elementary School. Nominate a think A teacher today at iheartraded dot com slash teachers.
Speaker 1: Thank you, teachers, You're the best. No relation, no nepotism, not even close. So this isn't ragged, did you it's not the packed submit that entry? It feels rigged.
Speaker 2: I did not. I don't know what Tyler is. I'm sure he's a nice feller fella. I agree. Oh, thanks Tom, I've never been to Independence Elementary School.
Speaker 3: The score.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of you.
Speaker 3: I did it? Did you do it?
Speaker 2: I did it. I'm proud of all.
Speaker 5: I don't know who had it, but one hundred and sixty three thousand, and now it's one hundred and seventy four thousand.
Speaker 9: He did it?
Speaker 2: Did it everybody?
Speaker 5: So you know what Zachary and I were talking about? Christopher So pac Man High School? Dead right, We're moving on. But Gallaga, I wonder if that's Superstar score still because I had a game going yesterday. I'm like, I'm kicking ass. I had like thirty percent of the high score. I wonder if that's still from Morris. It might be because he was freakishly good.
Speaker 2: At that game because of his huge hands. He was just good at it. He just like loved that game and was super super good at it.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, man, I don't I don't think I'm getting that one because I kicked out and I still was not even halfway there.
Speaker 2: WHOA, thanks great song. So yeah, big day for me, Big day? Did you tell your family?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Did you yell? Hey, guys come down here and see this. Right back to work. We got the highest score. You guys, come down here.
Speaker 9: See how good I look?
Speaker 2: Right, back to work. You better come down here. I'm eating junk and watching rubbish. You better come out and pound me. Wow, what barn that is? Tommy will be if you keep talking like that between Crystal, change your life with something else.
Speaker 1: Super Bowl a week from Sunday, the Patriots and the Seahawks and DraftKings. The Seahawks are show right around four and a half point favorites. But I don't really expect it to move much, do you. I think that's probably we're pretty close to where it would be. No, I think it'll stay at that unless Yeah, I really Yeah, I think most people think it's a pretty fair number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I find it to be fair. I'd be on the Seahawks side of that.
Speaker 5: But again, I'm not going to be surprised if a team that's what is it, sixteen and three the Patriots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not going to be surprised if his sixteen and three team wins. No, you can't be. No, what really matters is this was on this date.
Speaker 9: In nineteen eighty five that music stars gathered to record We Are the World. The special instruction from Quincy Jones went out to several dozen popstars. Check your egos at the door, he said. Eventually is the record. We're going to sell seven million copies, raised more than sixty million dollars for African famine relief. Only one chance to get the recording the way he and Songwrives Michael Jackson, Lionel Richie wanted it. Jones convened the marathon recording session at around ten pm on the evening of January twenty eight, nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 2: Was the bit that they were all in town because it was the Grammy's.
Speaker 9: American Music Wars.
Speaker 2: All that yeh, yep?
Speaker 1: And is that the famous video where Bob Dylan looks like he would rather be anywhere else?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Isn't that always how Bob Dylan looks? Yeah? Good point?
Speaker 9: Yeah, all right, see you Bob? Uh huh.
Speaker 1: Remember I hear the name Bob Dylan. It's hard not to sing it like Jesus Jones does.
Speaker 2: And right here, right now, you know what.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about. How does he stop day in badroom like it's always in my head?
Speaker 9: That's what he says.
Speaker 1: Pretty sure, I'm pretty sure, he says, Bob Dylan, Jesus Joe, I haven't heard that.
Speaker 2: You're gonna listen to it? All day to day.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's no other place I'd rather be b s.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he says, Bob Dylan didn't have just hold on to sing about it. Bob Dylan didn't have this to sing about you.
Speaker 9: That doesn't make you No.
Speaker 2: Do you think Jesus Jones still tours? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah I do.
Speaker 5: I think they're off today, but they'll be back in like three days. What really matters is is it my turn? No, it's your turn. It really matters is this?
Speaker 9: Did you know Jesus Jones got their their name after watching an episode of Jenny Jones Show.
Speaker 2: Pull Your Hands Up Jenny Jones, would hawk is she still with us?
Speaker 9: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Isn't I feel like she is?
Speaker 9: Was Jesus Jones.
Speaker 1: Do you think she's on tour? She opens, she does stand up, was mostly off color. She's seventy nine, seventy nine, was born in Bethlehem obviously.
Speaker 2: No, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to say she was born seventy nine years ago. I don't know why, Like, I have so little faith in the rest of your sense.
Speaker 2: So you're like, she's seventy nine, she was born.
Speaker 1: I thought you were either going to say the year she was born or just say seventy nine years ago, didn't she?
Speaker 2: Uh, she's like them. Wasn't she the reason somebody got murdered on her show?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 5: You could say her show embarrassed somebody to the point where there was a murder.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: But she had nothing to do with the actual murder. She wasn't there laughing her point, dinner giving tips.
Speaker 9: No, yeah, god do it?
Speaker 2: Can we film it? M and I watched. I watched all of those shows. I mean we all did. They were super popular.
Speaker 5: But that was Jenny Jones, Ricky Lake, see Sally Jesse, Raphael Phil Donahue, Oh, bra, all of them.
Speaker 2: They were all good.
Speaker 1: Montel Williams couldn't wait to see who the father was, right, Mary Povitch? Who am I forgetting?
Speaker 9: Donald Raspberry?
Speaker 2: Who's the Who's the one?
Speaker 3: Lady?
Speaker 1: Wendy Williams, Wendy Williams, it's too modern. I'm talking like the nineties, the decade at the nightclub. You're pointing at Chris Well, you asking if he would sleeply like that?
Speaker 2: Shilliams.
Speaker 1: He thought it was a great chill Well And yes, obviously Springers the Goat. Yeah, he's dead, right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, Jared Barry is no longer with us. Him and Donald Rosberry, Poor Donald.
Speaker 9: What really matters, though, is this, On this date in nineteen eighty six, at eleven thirty eight am, the Space Shuttle Challenger lifted off from Cape Canaveral and then of course exploded just after liftoff.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: I know I've said this in the past, but I'll say it again, not just to make this all about me, but I'm going to do this briefly.
Speaker 2: I'm very, very confident.
Speaker 1: We had a TV in our classroom like most of America did, right, almost everybody did.
Speaker 2: We all watch it like as a nation. Yep. I have absolutely no memory of why. No we did, man, I know either, No, I do so.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: I was happy.
Speaker 6: I was five years old testing Nope, No, I definitely I definitely remember that and just driving.
Speaker 2: Around and just kind of silence with my parents that day. It's just just one of those.
Speaker 6: Wheel was h No, No, I was a little young, uh but yeah, it was just it was it was that was the first moment of my life where the world stood still for a second or.
Speaker 2: A day or whatever. Yeah, I definitely remember that. Yeah, I was too young.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that was fifteen, I remember very well.
Speaker 2: I'm sure. Yeah, that's the that's like a that's definitely the age that it sticks with you forever.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 6: I just remember like never seeing anyone responding that way, like there's everyone that you saw everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was, it was.
Speaker 6: It was a tragic, true tragedy. Is my first tragedy experience. I'll never forget it.
Speaker 7: It's sov that's the it was the worst part, right, yeah, it was just didn't have to happen.
Speaker 9: One disaster was caused by the failure of an O ring seal too cold. One of the two solid fuel rockets, the elastic oh ring did not respond as expected because of the cold temperature at launch time, which we had a chain of events that resulted in the massive loss. As a result, Acid did not send astronauts into space for more than two years, as it redesigned a number of features of the Space Shuttle. It's obvious after it happens, you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean, Right, it's just silly right down, like, oh, just wait till it warms up. It was pretty obvious before it happened, too, it.
Speaker 7: Was, yeah, there was, there was There was quite a few myths that people said do not launch and some very very uh not so great people.
Speaker 9: Are terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah they're not. That's why they're not so great. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 7: The documentaries, uh, and there's one on Netflix. Yeah that is I highly recommend watch that one. Yeah, it's awful, it's yeah.
Speaker 2: Anybody else want ring? Oh yeah? Got you going? That sounds good, haven't you?
Speaker 5: Which is weird because again the noodle I have never in my life, nor will I ever just have onion by itself disgusting, right, can't do it, won't do it.
Speaker 2: I would throw up in a heartbeat.
Speaker 5: But because somehow I threaded that needle when I was younger, and I grew up somehow eating onion rings.
Speaker 2: If the onion ring is ninety percent batter, I can do it. But if the percentage is too far onion, I button bar, I gag and I throw up. Let's put it this way, just nuts like a sword, but.
Speaker 1: Like dairy Queen has almost the right ratio, I can crush Dairy Queen onion rings. Burger King back in the day had the same thing. If it's mostly batter, God, onion ring batter is the best.
Speaker 2: It's so good. I would just buy that. If a restaurant just sold bad onion ring batter, take the onion out. Here's what you do. Okay, here's what you do. Go on, don't fight girls, relax.
Speaker 1: You go and get at Target or wherever the Nathan's famous frozen onion rings. They're exactly what you're looking for. But then just peel the onions out of there, sure, fry.
Speaker 2: Them, and then you go from there. Those are outstanding. I think it's idiotic. Okay, yeah, well, everybody's got an opinion.
Speaker 5: I think you know the best part about Nathan's frozen onion rings at Target is that they're available.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're available to everybody.
Speaker 7: Ring batter so fun to go to like a restaurant when they have like the big ones. But then you just pull the onion ring out of there and just keep the batter.
Speaker 2: The better, the best. Okay, Okay.
Speaker 5: I have twin cousins that are five years older than me, and they one of them liked the batter, one of them liked the onions, so.
Speaker 1: My mom and my aunt used to just pull them apart. Jenny would have one, Jess would have the other one.
Speaker 2: Smart Roberts.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like parish when you go hunt some pretend you just you don't waste the animal, right, No, no one of them gets the batter.
Speaker 2: One of them gets the onion, use every single bit of it.
Speaker 9: Mix up the batter and she laid the beater.
Speaker 1: Well said, now I want onion ring battery?
Speaker 5: Is that a good state fair idea? Forget onion rings, just the batter. We just sell the batter and like a bucket.
Speaker 9: It's like the the the mushroom head on a Uh what do you call those things? Muffin top? Yeah, man, I'm sorry, Yeah, to keep it down.
Speaker 1: I do have a very large muffin top. I look at it every time I put my undies on after I get out of the shower. Yeah, yeah, you know where you're on in the shower. No, I thought you were a for nude. No, oh, we never nude.
Speaker 2: Why are you talking to her? We DM more than you know.
Speaker 1: It's mostly it's mostly about the stock market and stuff. But still once in a while we talked about your appearance and.
Speaker 9: Then I said something, Oh that's once.
Speaker 2: While jeer Bearer jumps into the conversation, we have a group of text on. Remember when jar Bear the making a murderer. Guy hit on you, he did hit on my wife.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I shout out to you know kel. Yeah, still get some some attention if she was on the market, So what so what if jer Bear went for you.
Speaker 7: Might still be at the healing waiting for Yeah. I pulled that for best of over the That's funny listening to again, old jeer Bear.
Speaker 1: You played the forgot about that battle of the we used to do with Creed and of course, yeah, you gotta play that and I think you time it out so Corey has to listen.
Speaker 2: It's a Black Friday tradition.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's on the phone. No no, no, he's not, but it's done on the phone. We'll do the news after this. Mark Parrish is here. This is a Wednesday on the Power Trip Morning Show, right here on the fan