Speaker 1: Moving out to Victoria, setting my office up last night. Everything's great. Oh, it's like finally getting the books and this and this and this and pictures where they are.
Speaker 2: Know what?
Speaker 1: I couldn't find my freaking computer mouse. No, it's around somewhere. Things disappear during a move. Yeah, it's like it's like, Okay, where'd my sweatpants go? Where have you seen my Amazon Alexa dot? Where's my dot?
Speaker 3: But it's the things that you don't want to disappear.
Speaker 4: You want to throw things out, but everything you're looking for, it's like, oh, I can't find this, but I found this useless pencil from nineteen seventy four.
Speaker 5: Yeah, totally. Yes.
Speaker 1: I cannot find my computer mouse so I have to use the whole finger swipe on the little keypad.
Speaker 5: Oh god, that's awful. It's torture.
Speaker 3: So sorry, buddy.
Speaker 5: Jenny has got a little workout that she wants to do with you.
Speaker 6: So I've talked about this many times before. When I do something called Jenny's Fit Club every month, and it's at a place called Flight. They have a few different locations, and today I'm going to be hosting. It's free of class at Flights. They have a new location in Maple Grove, so we're gonna be up in that. Okay, so that noon, and I just had a few spots open, so if you're interested, I have it linked up on my story, So just easy to go to at Jenny and katwb on Instagram and you could hit that link and then I will email you if you got in for it. It's pretty simple. I just need like your name and your email and all of that good stuff.
Speaker 7: But yeah, it's at noon today.
Speaker 6: And if you're wondering what flight is, it's a Staremaster class and a string trading class, so you kind of go through intervals of both and you just switch between the two. So it's super fun and it's totally up to your level of however much you want to do. You could literally do just body weights on the floor. You can walk out of one on the Staremaster.
Speaker 3: And I do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was gonna say, Bailey's been a couple of times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm looking on your Instagram story. I don't see it.
Speaker 7: I see you refresh it. It should be up.
Speaker 6: I just posted it like seconds ago.
Speaker 7: Sign sign up here.
Speaker 4: So you gonna sign I like it.
Speaker 5: I probably would like it.
Speaker 7: You called stairs. A snap every once in a while.
Speaker 1: I'm going to snap later today the climb the stairs. So yeah, good luck to you. Just go on Genny's Instagram and.
Speaker 6: Then I'll email you because there's only a few spots open, but I do. It always happens, like the day leading up.
Speaker 7: People drop out because things happen.
Speaker 1: So can I just tell you it is such a great feeling on a day like this to go into the gym and work your butt off and come out and be like, oh man, it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Even because you're sweating.
Speaker 1: It's just such a mood booster and you feel so good about doing it, and it's it's so good for you. Let's play a little game called think Fast, one of our favorite games on kd w B Wild Tickets coming up or the Roses coming up? Bailey is hosting I believe, Keep it score, Bailly, keep it score?
Speaker 5: Who's playing?
Speaker 3: I think that leaves Dave and Jenny.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I'm gonna give you a category and I'll give you a letter. You have to jump in as quick as you can with hell whatever's in that category. Ready, all right, We're gonna start with For no particular reason, all these words start with the letters Z. Ready, uh, Patulung, put your sandwich in this ziplock? Yes, David who all right he's a former boy band member. Yes, nice and Malick. This is on jeans and jackets, zipper, Yes to day one Jenny, not Skype or teams. But yeah, Dave, put on some workout clothes and let's dance. Come on, baby man. Good job Dave for David Jenny one one of the hottest movie actresses right now. Yes, Ny, all these things start with the letter Z. A couple of more. Your pet's going crazy. They probably got zomies, yes, zoomis. Yeah, Bernie gets those, so it's so fun out of nowhere to right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right, my cat gets the poop zuomies, only only after.
Speaker 4: Last one in the Z category. This word starts the letters Z. There's a breaking action at a wild game. Pull out this bony. Yes, all right, Now we're gonna go open the junk drawer. These are all things that are in the junk drawer. I'll give you a letter for each one. Okay, Dave's at five. He's that three something in your junk drawer that starts with C.
Speaker 7: Clippers clip clippers, Yeah, like nail clippers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, okay, you don't fight it.
Speaker 4: Something in your junk draw that starts with bod.
Speaker 6: Okay, are we gonna give it to hers?
Speaker 9: That?
Speaker 4: I'll give it to her five five also excepted batteries. Something at your junk dor that starts with letter t imtack Okay, nice, Dave's at game point. Something in your junk draw that starts with the letter.
Speaker 6: Gum Dave, I would not have gotten anything for that day.
Speaker 5: What did you have? Gift cards?
Speaker 3: Gift cards always told in the back of the junk Now.
Speaker 1: We always play a couple of rounds just for you, so we will remain quiet while you try to jump in with the with the answer that.
Speaker 3: Means good luck.
Speaker 4: All right, these are still things that your junk drawers. Something in your junk drawer that starts the letter L. Jenny, anything.
Speaker 10: Laminated a car, No, No, it's lighter. Something your junk board that starts with the letter s oh. I have one for this, David, Say do on three with me. Jenny one two three, you said, good answer?
Speaker 3: Said something in your junk draward that starts with the letter F.
Speaker 4: Bailey j footballs, big bars answer, good answer?
Speaker 3: Flash lights better than.
Speaker 4: Something in your junk draw that starts with the letter H.
Speaker 5: Got it?
Speaker 8: What is it?
Speaker 5: Hair brush?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 3: What if the tip at hands snitizer? But I guess that works.
Speaker 5: Took.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's think fast baby. All right, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Shout out Reese fifteen years old the day. Have a fabulous day, Reese. That is from your mom and everybody here at Katie WGB. You share birthday with Kitlin Clark, who is twenty four, Guy Fieri is fifty eight, and DJ Jazzy Jeff is sixty one today, and it's so great. He's getting the day off from I hop to go to Nick Universe.
Speaker 3: So you give him a short sack of pancakes.
Speaker 7: It's so cool on my short soccu pancakes.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll be right back on KATWB. War of the Roses coming up. It is commercial free for one hour. And I have a question for Bailey about the new guy that you're dating. Is because she's dating a new guy. We also have Conan great tickets. We got a bunch of stuff. Oscar nominations come out in about fifteen minutes. We'll have the first look at those. It's all coming up here on katiwb US Live. You can watch right now live on Dave Ryan TV. Did you know there's there there's a concern about exploding trees during this cold.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's kind of like this.
Speaker 1: Remember like, if you've ever had your pipes freeze up, what happens when water freezes?
Speaker 5: What does it do?
Speaker 1: It expands very good. So the sap inside trees is mostly water. And so they're saying that in Minnesota, Wisconsin this weekend, when it gets really really cold this time tomorrow is gonna be about twenty two degrees below zero, that trees might explode because water will make the trees burst. Well, then other people are arborous, I think they call themselves. They're like, no, that's stupid. They say, trees here are acclimatized, they're used to it, they're familiar with the cold, they've learned how to deal with it, and so it's not going to could it happen, Sure, theoretically it could happen if it got really cold really fast, but it's not going to get that cold.
Speaker 7: Like the trunk of a tree, trunk of a tree.
Speaker 6: So it's like you're just gonna be walking on a nice little daily walk all some boats.
Speaker 7: And that's how you die.
Speaker 1: Yes, but you could die, yeah, but I don't want to panic anybody.
Speaker 3: From a tree.
Speaker 4: Like when it's supposed to thunderstorm, they say, stay way.
Speaker 3: From a tree. Oh lightning, right, that's lightning. Okay, so now the snow to the cold.
Speaker 8: But honestly, once you want to stand near a tree, it during lightning, because I always have the same thing.
Speaker 1: Tree, I've always had the same thing. So it's like during a thunderstorm, you're like on a hike somewhere, it's like, well, get out of the rain, and I'm going to go hide under a tree. But you're not supposed to do that. You know that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 10: Then?
Speaker 7: Why do I tell you?
Speaker 6: When you do hikes, like in Colorado and mountains, they tell you to be under the tree line by the time, like by a certain time.
Speaker 1: So why like, well, because you're the only exposed thing on the rock. Yeah, a little differ. So what you're actually supposed to do. We learned this in boy Scouts is if you're on above timberline and there's a thunderstorm, you're supposed to spread like fifty feet apart from your people, every person, and then you put your backpack on the ground, you stand on it, and you squat on it, so you're really low. We never got to that point, thank god. But that's what you're supposed to do, is you're supposed to squat on your backpack.
Speaker 8: When you said spread out from all of your people, so only one of you will get hit by lightning and it'll be less of a tragedy like that.
Speaker 3: Go over there instead of me your own risk.
Speaker 8: Yeah, me and my regular guy who is my new boyfriend, that's what we call him on the show. We already have a plan for if we die by exploding tree. So if we die, here's like our death plan is like xyz. So that's what we've been talking about recently. If I die by exploding tree.
Speaker 5: Well, it's good you have a plan. Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 7: Sure.
Speaker 1: We're having our holiday party. I mean it's really late, coming up in a couple of weeks. Yeah, and it's a it's a plus one holiday party. I did get a plus one. Yeah, so you've got a plus one. Jenny got a plus one? Or you go to the holiday part. Yeah, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go all show. Uh, And if you would like to go with me, send me a tech because I'm looking for one. Would it be funnyf I just brought a random person along.
Speaker 8: Business?
Speaker 5: Can't?
Speaker 3: He loves the.
Speaker 1: Show, so you're bringing regular guy. Bringing regular you would all worried that he's going to do something stupid, like stare at somebody too long, have a booger, anything like that, getting drunk, I mean.
Speaker 8: Always because like he's met a lot of my friends, but he's never met my coworkers, and he's heard a lot of stories about all of you, obviously because I see you every day. Uh so hopefully not. I just hope he's not like awkward in general, because I mean, can I tell you I've been burned. I've been burned at a party before by an X I know, Thank you so much, thank you. So I had my my last like long term boyfriend that I had. We'll call him Scrooge. I don't know Scrooge. So we had plans to go to a party. My friend had a like a murder mystery party that she like went all out for. So she like assigned everybody these like, uh character names. You had character traits, and you had to like dress up as your character and then come to this murder mystery party and try and.
Speaker 3: Solve this murder.
Speaker 8: What happened though, So my ex Scrooge as we will call him, he did not want to go, did not want to go.
Speaker 3: He's like, this sounds so lame, Like this doesn't sound fun at all.
Speaker 7: This doesn't sound like my kind of thing.
Speaker 8: And I said, well, we're going because you said you would go, So we're going. And I had to like force him to put on like a jaunty hat because he did not want to dress up. So I was telling my friend whose party it was. I was like, he's really like dragging his feet, he's being the worst. And so she actually changed some of the like titles of different people so that when we got there, he only had to interact with people for maybe five minutes and then he was the one who died, okay.
Speaker 1: Because there were people who's like, you're the doctor, you're the architect, you're the plumber, I got you, yeah.
Speaker 7: And so and whatever.
Speaker 5: He died right away.
Speaker 1: Oh, he was thrilled, and so he was happy the rest of the night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he didn't have to. He literally got to.
Speaker 8: Sit on the couch and star at his phone for the rest of the night, and I don't think regular guy will do that to me. He likes to be in my presence more than this last one Scrooge we'll call him. So hopefully you were embarrassed though, Well, yeah, because he like literally kind of ruined. Well, he ruined my night a little bit because obviously I'm dragging him to this party of like my best friend, and I'm just like, do me a solid.
Speaker 6: Your friends are all probably like, God, why does he have to come at this more. I'm like, I know you cared for him and everything, but like we all know that there's like couples out there where you don't want that person's partner to come along.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because whenever they come along, they either get drunk, or they get moody, or.
Speaker 5: They started an argument.
Speaker 7: If what if regular guy gets drunk at the company party, Yeah, I want him to get drapped. It's free booze.
Speaker 1: Me ask you a questions. We got a full of minace here. Maybe text me or call me and let me know whether your date ever ruined like a company party or a work party or a frame get together or.
Speaker 5: Something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I brought a date one time. We had the w NCI Radio beach party in Ohio years ago, and I brought a date named Janet. Now, Janet was was way out to let my lead. She was way too pretty, and she was attracted to the Midday DJ. His name was Charlie. And so Charlie took her home and they hooked up. She didn't leave with me, She left with Charlie.
Speaker 7: Came with you and left with Charlie exactly Mundo, and and.
Speaker 8: Everybody saw it, Like everybody, all the staff.
Speaker 1: Knew that Dave's date went home with Charlie. No, and Charlie and I are still friends to this day. Janet and I don't really speak anymore that. But what about you? Have you ever had anybody like go to a party with you and ruin it either because they're pouting their unhappy. I would say probably getting drunk would a pretty common one, especially if.
Speaker 8: They're like an arrogant drunk, like if they're just fun drunk, but if they're like a get the thing with radio and they're like, oh gosh, not this guy, not again.
Speaker 1: You got one, then send me a text and let me know, Katie. Will you be one to five, three, nine to two one War the Roses coming up in a couple of seconds.
Speaker 5: Man, we got a lot of stuff.
Speaker 4: Anna Marie's got a story, Anna Marie I talk to right now.
Speaker 9: Hell, I have a story about my ex who ruined a friend get together. So it was my friend's twenty first birthday party and we rented the party bus to go downtown Minneapolis, and we were bar hopping, and he got so drunk before we even left that the first bar we went to, we almost got kicked out of the bar. So I just sit on the party bus with him by myself at the end of the bar time, waiting for everyone to get done.
Speaker 8: And then you're just like all the like lights are flashing and it's just you two sitting there, like I found at all and.
Speaker 9: He was basically just passed out while we're sitting there. I was just sitting there by myself.
Speaker 1: Oh did you ever forgive or reconcile with this guy?
Speaker 9: Unfortunately I did for far too long until we did finally break up.
Speaker 7: But he got rid of them eventually, and that's what matters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Wow, good story, Thank you, Thank you. Sarah's on the phone also, but we were talking about Bailey going to the holiday party, which is kind of weird. We're having it two and a half of the but that's fine. And so we said, is he going to embarrass you with the holiday party? No, we think he's going to be just fine. But Sarah, did you ever have a date that ruined a little get together?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: A wedding?
Speaker 2: Actually, I was a bridesmaid in a COVID wedding, so we had like a smaller intimate wedding, and my ex got drunk and plugged his phone into the ox cord because said everybody wanted to listen to his music and.
Speaker 3: Say, no, noo.
Speaker 2: Friends, anybody there? No?
Speaker 5: What was his music?
Speaker 2: Like demo punk?
Speaker 6: Oh no, I mean you can play like mister bride's side, but like yeah, one that hype people up.
Speaker 5: But that's funny. Did you ever see him again?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, unfortunately.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I forgive yourself. It's okay.
Speaker 1: We all make mistakes. Thank you, Sarah. Let's do one more here, Ashley. We're talking about dates that ruined a company party or an event or a wedding.
Speaker 5: What happened, Ashley?
Speaker 8: Hi Dan So I was eighteen years old. I am now forty, and I won.
Speaker 9: Ticket through you for Last Hand Summer Dancing. I don't remember where it was, but Brian McKnight was there, and my high school sweetheart. He was my plus one, and he was so crabby because it was so hot that he ended up sitting outside of the crowd. Brian Midnight came on and he walked down in the crowd and I missed being able to touch his hands.
Speaker 2: I am so mad.
Speaker 1: Sorry about that. Was that the one where the Backstreet Boys canceled?
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, you remember?
Speaker 5: Oh, it was unforgettable.
Speaker 1: That is probably a staple piece of KTEWB history. Where we were at Canterbury Park. It was September, like the first day of like fall, so it shouldn't have been that hot, but it was like ninety five degrees and everybody was so hot and passing out because everybody was crushed up against the front the front fence by the stage because they wanted to get close to the Backstreet Boys, and there was no water because if you left go get water, you lose your spot, and so everybody was passing out. Then the Backstreet Boys ended up canceling because who's the cute one, Nick Nick?
Speaker 5: He missed his flight.
Speaker 7: So they could have performed without Nick.
Speaker 1: Here's the story, so Howie D's sister had just died, so they knew how he was not going to be there. Well, they can do it with four, but then Nick missed his flight in from Tampa. I can't do it, and they could. They they would not go on stage, and we said, well, can't they go on stage with three? And their manager said, we're not talking about Crosby Stills in nash here, we're talking about the Backstreet Boys that, which is a reference to a actually talented trio. Yes, all right, okay, Ashley, thanks for the memory, appreciate it, have a great day.
Speaker 3: Text is crazy.
Speaker 4: It says my friend and I went to another friend's house party. She got really drunk and ran to the bathroom. I went to go check on her and peeked my head in, and she kicked the door shut with my head still in and smashed my head in between a solid wood door and the wall. Ended up going h ended up with her going to with the concussion and just and we went the night for everyone.
Speaker 3: Jeezy.
Speaker 8: A lot of text messages like my date ended up throwing up off of a boat at my holiday work party.
Speaker 7: He got sober and I ended up marrying him.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, that's good. Happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: The My ex came with me to a holiday party at work and he sat in the hotel lobby all night, tweaked out, and I thought he was just nervous.
Speaker 3: No, he was on meth.
Speaker 5: What Uh.
Speaker 8: My company had club seats for a concert and I brought my long term boyfriend around all the big wigs. He drank way too much and proceeded to sway and throw up in his seat during the concert.
Speaker 3: There's a time in a place for everything.
Speaker 7: This hopefully won't happen to me at our company party.
Speaker 5: Sure you'll be fine.
Speaker 7: Shots.
Speaker 5: Yeah, another one like fun.
Speaker 4: I was at Me and Alissa were Live at the Lake or something at Maynard's this past summer and our boss Rich is there, and he's there with some label reps because you know, there's an artist playing, and so I'll go to talk to Rich and I think Zach, our friend from City ninety seven, is there, and the label rep and Alyssa's standing there. She says, Hi, and I'm talking of Rich, And then I think Alyssa was just like Lottie does she just walked off right as the label rep started to ask her a question. I guess she just didn't feel it was her place to be in that convo. But I was like, that woman was talking to you, you just walked away. Now I look crazy, embarrass me.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for all those. By the way, happy birthday to Dave from your favorite ex wife Carmen, and a happy birthday shout out to Taylor turning thirty six years old at two day. War the Roses comes up in just a couple of seconds before we get to War of the Roses, we're gonna get you tickets because this is what DJs do. We give away concert tickets. This time it's Conan Gray, Cone and Gray Show gonna be at Target Center coming up February nineteenth. Would you like to go, Well, we've got tickets. Random excited caller at six five one nine eight nine KDWB. So if you love Conan Gray and you want to go, I wanna go check them out, that'd be kind of cool. Then call me sixty five one nine eight nine KDWB and we'll get set up to Dave Ryan Show.
Speaker 5: One on one point three kd WB.
Speaker 1: Shaboozi is doing a commercial for Dominoes and I think it's probably going to take place during the Super Bowl well, so what's that?
Speaker 4: So the story is the story right before that is a new commercial And I just know that whenever we bring up marcial jingles, me and Bailey talk about Shaboozi.
Speaker 3: Domino because we love it. Yeah it so that first jingle is uh.
Speaker 4: This girl just went and posted a random video on whatever social media singing a song pitching herself for Doctor Pepper.
Speaker 1: Okay, so here is her. Her name is Romeo. She put up a brief TikTok last month with a new theme song for Doctor Pepper.
Speaker 4: I have a theme song for Dr Pepper and it goes like this, Dr Pepper.
Speaker 12: Bay Bee is good and nice. And then they used it to bay Bee good and nice, Doctor Pepper bay Bee, Doctor Pepper bay Bey and nice.
Speaker 7: And nice fun.
Speaker 1: If you're if you're a copywriter over at Media Bridge. Two words that seem very powerful for any product, good and nice. Now I'm thinking that would go with Minnesota Russcoe Yeah, walls or Chevrolet Yeah, good and value nice. Honestly, I think she probably could have done better, but it's a very clever, very clever little ad.
Speaker 6: I've been looking to see if the Oscar nams have come out. They're doing a live stream for it, and so it's just like slowly happening. We don't have an update yet, but we will get to it. I think by next hour we'll have like the full list. So anyways, there is just so much more tea coming out every single day lately with Blake Lively and the whole case against Justin Beldoni. So most recently her and her husband had apparently been emailing their close like high up friends to like support Blake throughout all of this, and so these emails have been released. Blake had wrote about Justin and one of them saying, this movie nearly killed me. The director, co star, producer, finance or head of the studio. Yes, all the same person has zero experience. She's talking talking about Justin BELTONI and the good news is he also has no taste in an enormous ego, only because he's in a cult and believes he's our centuries profit.
Speaker 7: I wish even one.
Speaker 6: This is what she said to like email and emails like Matt Damon and Ben Affleck and all these famous people to get them to support her version of the movie ends with us. She like redid it, and he had a different version Justin Baldoni did. But she continues to say, I wish even one of these things was a hyperbole, but it's not. So I mean, there's just so many other ones that we could get into, but it's.
Speaker 7: Like crazy mess.
Speaker 6: She talks, and a lot of them saying that there should be a film about the filming of this film, and I.
Speaker 7: Think probably probably will be.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yesterday I talked about William Shatner eating cereal behind the wheel as he was driving around as a ninety four year old guy.
Speaker 7: But it's actually for a Kellogg's Super Bowl commercial.
Speaker 3: That's why he was doing it.
Speaker 8: So that's great because I was nervous why that man was eating cereal behind the wheel.
Speaker 5: What can I ask you a question?
Speaker 1: So usually when they film anything in a car in showbiz, it's a like one of those driver it's on a trailer, you know what I mean, You're not actually driving it. It's a fake car. So how I wonder if they said, oh, William shatt how would you not notice it's a fake film ready car, Because so.
Speaker 3: I think it was in the car.
Speaker 8: They took the publicity photos at different locations, but in the actual like commercial, it's going to be him inside of a spaceship.
Speaker 7: So the car isn't supposed to be a car.
Speaker 8: That's supposed to just be him sitting behind a wheel, I guess. And then the commercial will be in a space ship. I don't really know, but we can expect to see that during the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Okay, good to know. And that is Dave's dirt on KATIEWB. It is trying to get right into War of the Roses, all new, brand new War of the Roses. And I think at the end of War the Roses hang on to win Minnesota Wild tickets for the game tonight. If you want to go hang on War the Roses right now, brought to you by Ovo Lasik and.
Speaker 5: Lend I think we really offer you free flowers in this.
Speaker 1: I don't know that pickleball has ever played a role in any of the War of the Roses.
Speaker 5: Do you guys remember pick a ball playing things?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I'm gonna let Alicia explain the whole thing. Alicia, talk to me about your boyfriend Mark, he lives with you, and the whole pickleball drama because you think that he might be up to something.
Speaker 13: Hi, Alicia, hey day, how's it going good?
Speaker 1: Oh, you're not very happy, and I get it. Well, you're on with the roses, so you're not. It's not a joyous occasion. And we forget that sometimes because we're so wrapped up in hearing the crazy story.
Speaker 5: But there's a lot at stake here.
Speaker 1: So tell me what's going on with Mark and why you wanted to find out what he's up to.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So Mark and I live together. We have lived together for a couple of years, and then last summer he really got into pickleball. Great gets him out of the house. He got into a league. It was really cute, like he would come home and tell me all about it. He has a partner named Tyler who like they win a bunch and he is you know, he asked all source of stories.
Speaker 7: It was great.
Speaker 13: Last week his dad got into an accident. His dad hit a deer and then he swerved and he hit a tree and he was in the hospital. Yeah he's okay, he's okay, okay, good. But the problem was no one could get ahold of Mark. But we have each other's locations because you know, like if he's if I want to order you know, door dash or whatever, you know, that way I can like track him and see when he's going to be home so I can time everything.
Speaker 5: Sure makes sense.
Speaker 13: Yeah, So he was at the pickleball court, which is, you know, per usual. So I go there because he's not answering, and I asked them if they've seen Mark, and then the guy at the count Earth says, you know, saw him for a couple of minutes, and I haven't seen him since. So I asked the front dusk person like, okay, well have you seen Tyler because that's the partner, And the front person says, no, I haven't seen her. And I've was like, wait, hurt, Tyler is a girl.
Speaker 1: You didn't know that Tyler was a girl, was a woman until that, until that night a few days ago.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yes, and Mark talks about Tyler all the time. That's his partner.
Speaker 1: You know, it would have come up that it's a woman, like she did this, she did this.
Speaker 7: Hey, Tyler and I did this, and then we did this, and we did that.
Speaker 8: So I guess I could I could get not knowing that it was a woman, But why would.
Speaker 3: He hide that from her? Though? Exactly exactly?
Speaker 5: So you're you you're so his dad's in the hospital.
Speaker 1: You can't reach him, you find out that Tyler is a woman, he's not there.
Speaker 5: What happens next?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm so obviously freaking out at this point. So I go home because I'm like, I don't know where he is. You know, I'm not going to wait around. So he comes home and I ask him where he was. And I asked him, you know, I confir him about Tyler and say, hey, like, what the hell I just done out she's a girl. And he said that they left to go talk. So she was there and they left to go talk. He was with her and that he just needed someone to talk to. I was like, okay, well I hear I was with all this stuff going down, and like, why couldn't you talk to me? And then he tells me that it was about me and that that's why he couldn't talk to me.
Speaker 3: Okay, to Tyler about you?
Speaker 5: About you?
Speaker 13: About me?
Speaker 8: Well, you're the one dealing with all of his like family stuff right now.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, with his dad in the hospital.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: See what do you I mean? Is that legit?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: I mean, it might be something like, oh, man, I stayed late a work today. I was talking to Bailey, Well, what were you talking to Bailey about Oh man, I just needed somebody to talk to.
Speaker 13: I mean, they are close, but I you know from all the stories that he's told me they are friends. But I my whole deal is he obviously hid the fact that she's a woman from me.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I've never heard the fact that Bailey, which probably could be either way that's true, could be could be a woman. Yeah, so you think there might be something that is going on. So we want to call him and see who he would send roses to. Which is a start? I mean, is we do the brand new twenty twenty six feature the Suspicion Scale? Yeah, Jenny, what do you give this one on the suspicion scale?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's pretty high.
Speaker 6: He's keeping secrets and running off with another woman. So I'm going with eight.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, fun, I'm going full on ten. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Maybe not lied, but admitted the fact that Tyler is a woman. Yeah, and then admitting you're talking to another woman about you and your woman's problems.
Speaker 3: Get it together, my guy.
Speaker 7: Ten mm Okay, see, I'm gonna go with a five.
Speaker 8: Wowly surprising, only because like I have had coworkers who are men that I end up not telling my partner that they're men, because I don't want them to think that I'm out here, like, you.
Speaker 3: Know, trifling.
Speaker 8: So okay, I so I say, like it could go either way. Either yes he's cheating or yeah, he's just got a friend who's a girl, but he doesn't want to mention it's a girl to make you upset.
Speaker 1: You know, understand, I would say eight point five because he hit the fact it's a girl. That is a lie that a guy might tell or anybody might tell. We just went to go. If you're off banging somebody during pickleball and I'm sorry, then you're going to lie and you're going to say we just went to get petcha. We just went to drive around and talk.
Speaker 7: We were just talking.
Speaker 1: So I would say it's pretty high on the suspicion scale. If you can hang on for a second, Alicia, we've come this far. Stay with me. We'll make the phone call in just a second and.
Speaker 7: Love is in the air.
Speaker 13: Or wait, are those lies?
Speaker 7: Guess we'll see.
Speaker 13: I'm part two of Board the Roses on KDWB.
Speaker 1: So to bring up to speed, there's this couple and he plays pickleball great, So we leaves like every Tuesday or whatever night to go play pickleball.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 1: She's like fine, and then they track each other on the phone to follow my iPhone or the light three sixty or whatever. And so she gets phone call from his family. Oh, his dad got into a bad car accident and he's in the hospital. So she calls him to be like, oh my god, your dad's in the hospital. You need to know this, and he doesn't answer. So she drives down to the pickleball place and she's doesn't see him, and so she calls his phone and didn't his phone ring? She heard his phone ring? Cobby, Yeah, And she's like, where is this guy, Mark?
Speaker 5: Mark?
Speaker 1: And they're like, oh, yeah, he left a little while ago. Didn't he leave with with Tyler?
Speaker 7: Tyler? Yeah?
Speaker 5: She was here.
Speaker 1: Why she didn't know Tyler was a Tyler was a woman.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So then what happens, Well, basically he gets home and she a confronts him about the fact that Tyler's a woman and he's been talking about his pick a ball partner Tyler for a long time and that's never been brought up, and b he basically said that he went off to go talk to Tyler, and she's like well, why can't you talk to me?
Speaker 7: And he's like, honestly because it was about.
Speaker 4: You, which is so such a red flag on so many levels, especially now that it's a Natalie know what the woman?
Speaker 3: Why are you talking to another woman about us?
Speaker 5: Excuse me?
Speaker 3: Very suspicious.
Speaker 1: Let's make the phone call and see who. He sends the flower words two on War of the Roses.
Speaker 7: To Mark. Thanks for taking the survey with me today.
Speaker 6: So, like I said, as a little reward, thank you for doing the survey, I have a dozen red roses that I will send out on your behalf. So what I'll need for me first is who do you want to send the roses to?
Speaker 11: Red Red Roses? Yep, I'll send them to.
Speaker 7: Tyler please, okay, I will send that to them.
Speaker 6: I also do attach a card with the roses, so if you want, I can write something on there that you can.
Speaker 7: Give to Tyler. Thanks for everything, Okay, simple enough.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about this guy and have him wonder what we're talking about.
Speaker 5: So it's not in the room her name, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Mark, It's gonna get real weird all of a sudden, and then I'll explain it in a second. That was noncommittal, No, that was noncommittal. He did not say I love you. I didn't. He does like, you know, I love your lips.
Speaker 8: No, but he did send them to not Alicia Ala.
Speaker 11: So Mark, yeah, we're.
Speaker 5: Talking about you. Are you not?
Speaker 7: Do you want to ask what's going on? Or nah?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 5: I did that?
Speaker 11: What is going on?
Speaker 1: I didn't hear you. You're talking about Mark? Let me let me explain what's going on here. So, uh, it's it's a trap, and we're trying to see who you would send flowers to. And uh and and when I say we, it's the Dave Ryan Show over at kd w B. And and we were put up to this by your girlfriend Alicia because she told us the whole Pickleball night story where you say, Alicia, say hello to Mark so he'll know that this is legit and not like some sort of a you know, like prank or scam.
Speaker 13: I mean, I don't really feel like saying hello right now, but.
Speaker 1: Well let's let's let's explore a little bit if we don't mind. So, I mean, he was kind of noncommittal. Why would you send flowers to instead of your girlfriend Alicia, to this girl Tyler your pickleball partner who you've kind of been pretty close to.
Speaker 11: Wow, Okay, no, absolutely right. I should definitely send my flowers to my girl who sets me up for this, instead of sending them to my friend who has been very supportive of me during a rough time. Okay, great, cool, awesome love that.
Speaker 5: So it's her fault then, so it's Alicia's fault.
Speaker 3: But it sounds like we.
Speaker 6: Are deflecting, We are being defensive, We are being very guilty, is what it sounds like, oh lyne or omitting in form me being.
Speaker 11: Upset that I was tricked to be on whatever the heck this is. Yeah, that does make me upset. You're very very right, congratulations you thanks.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you didn't know. And the truth is, I mean, yeah, you're deflecting, You're doing a great job. But I think the truth is you sent flowers to another person when you know the obvious choice would be to send him to your girlfriend, Alicia.
Speaker 13: They should have gone to me, my god Mark, Like everything with your dad, The whole reason I came to the pickleball courts to find you was because I couldn't get a hold of you. Who was the one holding it together?
Speaker 9: That was me?
Speaker 3: That was me, Yeah, you're so strong.
Speaker 11: Oh you're so strong. What what happened to you?
Speaker 2: Gosh?
Speaker 7: I don't like this guy.
Speaker 5: He is a manipulator and nothing.
Speaker 13: I don't This is not you. I don't know if you're like from your dad being you know, hurt. But this is not okay. Thank god I.
Speaker 11: Had Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. I was just thinking the same same thinking. What my god, Yeah, this is not okay, this is not okay.
Speaker 13: Al what what part isn't okay?
Speaker 11: If you do something modest to me about it instead of going through this whole crazy rigamarole. This is I ask you.
Speaker 3: He did ask you.
Speaker 5: Who's right? Though?
Speaker 1: I mean?
Speaker 5: Is he right? Is she right?
Speaker 8: He's out here trifling David's he's cheating?
Speaker 1: Well, why didn't she just talk to him about it instead of putting him through this whole rigamarole radio?
Speaker 6: But she did because yeah, I was she already did talk to him about that, and then he went in ahead and sent the flowers to Tyler.
Speaker 7: And that's why her women's intuition is never wrong.
Speaker 5: Okay, Oh I don't know about that.
Speaker 6: That Okay, here we are, but he sounds like that, you know what a big, big D word.
Speaker 1: Okay, a lot of text messages. This guy's the biggest d bag I've ever heard. I really want to punch him in the in the pickleballs.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 1: And he made sure the roses were read. What a B word he says this text message. He seems like a very practiced gas lighter and narcissist and makes me wonder what else he has lied to her about or guilted her for another text he sounds like a narssicist. Dump him. He's never going to change. And that is War of the Roses on Katie w. B. You can hear classic War of the Roses anytime on the iHeart aptis searched Dave Bryan War of the Roses and you can hear I think years of War of the Roses on there. So go binge to those who want to also, Hey, one more thing I got to bring up. We do the Minnesota Goodbye kind of an after the show podcast every single day. I don't want to bring this up in case you've never heard it before, because it's actually pretty cool. It's about fifteen or twenty minutes of bonus stuff that we don't talk about on the radio. We get to be a little bit more candid and talk about things that we probably should not talk about. It's more of an NSFW version of the Dave Ryan Show.
Speaker 7: Do you everyone to hear Dave Ryan's voice say a swear word? Yeah, and this is for you.
Speaker 1: Just search Minnesota Goodbye. And here's a little tip. We read a lot of emails and if you want your email read on the Minnesota Goodbye today, send it in right now because we haven't recorded it yet and we need email. Send it to Ryan Show at ktbdbat dot com. Maybe there's a question you've always had for us, like Dave, whatever happened to so and so? Dave, how did you ever do this? Or what became of this? Or whatever you want to bring up. Send an email to Ryan Show at ktbdebat dot com and it'll be on Tomorrow's actually Today's Minnesota Goodbye. We got tickets for the Minnesota Wild play a little game of prices right, cold weather version at the prices right? And I need two callers that want to play to go to the Wild game. No, wait, the game is tonight, right, yes, tonight versus the Red Wings. If you want to go, then you call. You got nothing to do tonight. Want to venture out in the very very cold weather to go over to the g Spot to see the wild play the Red Wings six five one nine eight nine KDWB. Let's do a practice round. Okay, while we're waiting for cold phone callers.
Speaker 7: You and Bailey are going to bid on this.
Speaker 6: It is a women's Burton Hideaway flat top snowboard. Here are some features of it. It's a directional shape, the classic snowboard shape.
Speaker 7: Five millimeter taper makes.
Speaker 6: For easy turns, flat top bend provides stability, balance and continuous edge. Twin flex super Fly eight hundred g Core. I know this is a foreign language to Bailey g Core, but basically the benefits are it's okay in the terrain, it's great for park. It's all mountain and personality. It's a cute snowboard.
Speaker 5: Come bindings or no.
Speaker 7: It does not. It most snowboards do not.
Speaker 6: They usually by the board, So this is just a women's Burton snowboard.
Speaker 5: You god first.
Speaker 8: I'm going to bed first because I have zero frame of reference, so I'm going to say that is three hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say three fifty one.
Speaker 7: David says three point fifty one.
Speaker 6: The actual retail price is four hundred and fifty nine nine.
Speaker 3: How you play the game?
Speaker 7: How you congratulations, David.
Speaker 1: We do have some contestants on the phone right now. Let's meet Jessica. Welcome to the show. Jessica.
Speaker 5: Where are you calling from? What city?
Speaker 9: Good morning, Norwood, Young America.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful out there. Okay, Jessica.
Speaker 5: What do you do? Are you driving into work or the gym or school or what are you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm going to work, okay, Jessica.
Speaker 1: Good luck for the wild tickets. Let's beat Jessica's opponent this morning. That is going to be Amber. Good morning, Amber morning. Where are you this morning?
Speaker 5: Amber?
Speaker 9: I'm on my way to work from Gaylord.
Speaker 7: From Gaylord.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's way out there.
Speaker 1: Do we come in out in Gaya or is that iHeartRadio Territory?
Speaker 2: No, you guys come in out here.
Speaker 7: Actually?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 9: Nice.
Speaker 5: Okay, Jessica.
Speaker 1: You're gonna bid first, and here is your first item up forbids on the winter cold Weather price is right okay.
Speaker 6: Right now, we're gonna go over to Shields and we're gonna go look at some women's the figure skates. These are the Paradise brand and they are synthetic upper synthetic tongue.
Speaker 7: They have a carbon steel figure blade.
Speaker 6: The stiffness rating is at about twenty and it's got a nice synthetic lining inside. So, Jessica, what are you bidding on this pair of women's figure skates?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: One seventy nine okay?
Speaker 7: And then sorry, who is Amber? Amber? What is your bid for the figure skates today?
Speaker 11: Let's do one one?
Speaker 6: All right, I'm gonna have to have you both rebid. You have gone pretty too far.
Speaker 1: Over overbid, all right, under under one seventy nine? No, Jessica, Jessica, Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 9: I'm going to go seventy nine.
Speaker 7: Okay, And Amber, what's your bid?
Speaker 9: One nine?
Speaker 7: Let's try this one more time.
Speaker 6: Way, finger skates are not that expensive, so one more time, Jessica, you got to go lower.
Speaker 7: Than seventy nine.
Speaker 9: Twenty nine?
Speaker 6: All right, Amber, fifty dollars. Amber is the winner on this round because it is fifty nine to ninety nine actual retail price today. Congratulations, what a steal. Okay, what right up next? We're going to never got that one, and we got that one. We are going to purchase a clam Outdoors Nanuk Extra not Extra x T thermal ice fishing shelter, So it's an ice fishing Okay. Here are some of the highlights that's built for two anglers. There is full thermal skin with ninety grams of insulation per square meter, a nice overhead at mesh story.
Speaker 7: It's a cute blue.
Speaker 6: In case you're curious, but it's it's a pretty nice one. We're getting this from Dick's Sporting Goods. So Amber, you're bidding first on this one. What are you bidding?
Speaker 3: Let's do one thousand, alrighty, and then Jessica, what's your bed?
Speaker 6: One fifty? The actual retail price is five ninety nine, so Jessica's the winner of this round. All right, to our last item today for prices, right is a pair of fur mittens. Now, these are from Target okay, so they're a cozy alpine faux swayed and fur mittens. They're universal thread faux swayed mittens made from recycled polyester spandex blend knit fabric.
Speaker 7: It's a light brown hue.
Speaker 6: And it's on a pull on closure just above wrist length. Jessica, you're bidding first on these faux swayed fur mittens from Target.
Speaker 7: What is your bid today? Alrighty and what are you bidding?
Speaker 6: Twelve n the actual retail prices twenty five dollars.
Speaker 5: Oh, j.
Speaker 1: Jesse going to the Wild Game, Amber, be a good sport and say congratulations Jessica, or just be pissy like me and hang up?
Speaker 5: Won't your choice?
Speaker 10: Congratulations would out?
Speaker 5: I hate you guys, big?
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Amber, Have a good day by Jessica. Good job, have fun at the wild Game tonight.
Speaker 13: Thank you?
Speaker 5: Isn't great?
Speaker 1: How everybody knows how to play price is right? It's like nobody's like, man, I'm not sure how the rules work on this one, because well we all got educated when we faked six stay in home when you were kids. So good job. Hey, Vaughan's got an update just in a minute ago. The Academy Award nominees.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 4: They're rolling out a lot of them, some big surprises. Ariana Grande is not nominated for anything that she did in Wicked, which is kind of crazy. Best Picture nominees F one, which was Big Frankenstein, Hamnett, Marty Supreme.
Speaker 3: I know Davey liked it. You thought it was okay.
Speaker 4: Now, One Battle after Another, Secret Agent, Sentimental Value, Sinners, Amen Trained Dreams, and Bugonia. Best Director nominees you got Marty Supreme, that director.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna say the names of the movies because I don't know the directors.
Speaker 4: One Battle after Another, Sinners, Sentimental Value, Hamnet, Marty Supreme, Best Actress nominees Rose Byrne, and if I had legs, I Kick you. Kate Hudson in song Sung Blue. I don't have to say this name is Sentimental Value, Bogonia, and Hamnet. It seems like a lot of these are the same couple of movies which we get from the Oscars.
Speaker 3: But I'll give you some quick highlights.
Speaker 4: Timothy Shallow May just earned his third OSCAR nominee for Best Actor, Marty Supreme, Kate Pop Demon Hunters Golden nominated for Best Original Song, So figure Emma Stone is nominated for Best Actress for Bogonia. And they're still rolling out as we speak, So we'll have more updates in the next.
Speaker 1: Version of Day No real surprises. I mean, one Battle after another. They say it's been nominated a bunch of times, and I think also Sinners is nominated like fourteen times, which is the record sixteen times.
Speaker 8: Yeah, wow, which is really cool because it's like a scary movie and they don't usually get nominated.
Speaker 6: It's not scary, Jenny, right, I did watch it recently.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't.
Speaker 6: I mean, there's like some creepy pars and there's some gore, so you might like, not sure gore, but it's pretty predictable.
Speaker 7: It's not. There's not really like jump scare. Wow.
Speaker 3: This is the first time Michael B.
Speaker 4: Jordan has been nominated for an oscar, which is crazy though, because a lot of his uh not rocky what is it called? Uh creed movies. I was like, I can't think of it, but yeah, we'll have more info in the next version.
Speaker 7: Can I confess something about Sinners Up?
Speaker 6: It took me about twenty minutes into it to realize by go B Jordan played both brothers.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I felt that same way when I watch I feel stupid.
Speaker 5: I didn't know it. I didn't know it either.
Speaker 7: I really went back and forth and I was like, which was Michael B. Jordan's.
Speaker 6: He's definitely the one in the blue fedora. Well, no, maybe he's the red hat Jeddy's.
Speaker 5: Watching Parent Trap Lindsay I said the same thing.
Speaker 1: I watched the whole thing of Parent Trap and I realized Lindsay Lohan played bulk shut up. I thought, this is how they do that. They were on screen at the same time.
Speaker 3: Nah, she has to have a twin day.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: We'll get more updates on those coming up on kdbub Let's get right to