Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can. They printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the World champion LA Dodgers Tamble Cats.
Speaker 6: Hi, everybody, and welcome into this waivesday edition of Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're well on this June twenty fourth, as you're back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers are in Minneapolis to finish off this three game series against the Twins. Dodgers fifty one and twenty nine on this season running away with the NL West a nine game lead in the division going into play. After taking the first two games of this series in Minnesota, the Dodgers look to finish off this sweep with show Hey O tany on the mound. First pitch on target field is coming up at four forty. Between then and now, we got a lot to cover here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You are gonna hear from Justin Robleski that is coming up in forty five minutes. You're also gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, that's coming up in twenty minutes. We'll preview this pitching matchup, a good one with Joe Ryan going for the Minnesota Twins. Their ace, David Vasai checks in of course throughout the hour. We got your Dodgers' magical moment. Charlie Steiner will stop by, coming up at about thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: Shortley, Kirsten Watson will visit with us.
Speaker 6: In just a few minutes, we will head out to the gallop before broadcast booth and checking with Tim Nevert and Rick Monday. Well, yesterday, a twenty eight minute rain delay.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 6: Then the skies opened up and we had baseball at Target Field. It was just a Roblusky getting the start. He'd go seven innings, allowed two runs on five hits. The Dodgers gave him offense early in some run support early Tommy Edmond and RBI's single scoring show Hey Dodgers a one to nothing lead. Then Carrottina, though a solo home run off Robutsky in the bottom of the second that made it a one to one game. They would exchange runs in the third. We were tied two to two Dodgers and Twins going to the fourth inning. When the Dodgers had one of those innings, show Hey otani Is sack fly gave him a three to two lead. Freddie Freeman, in an RBI single, minuted a four to two lead, then Mookie Betts with an RBI single made a five to two lead. Dodgers cruising in this sixth when Freddy Freeman struck again.
Speaker 2: Dodgers were swept by the Twins in that series. Freddy bangs it down the right field line. It's fair, it's gonna go to the wall. Hi is rumbling around second, They're gonna wave them around third.
Speaker 4: Here comes the throw.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be late.
Speaker 2: He slides, He's safe, and the Dodgers get another run and Freeman gets another double. It is six to two, three hits for Freddy Freeman in the game, nineteenth double of the season for Freddy, career double number five hundred and sixty six.
Speaker 6: Freddy Freeman the RBI double his second of the game, number five sixty six of his career. Freddie Freeman passes Carlos Beltran for twenty eighth most doubles in Major League history. As far as the Dodgers were concerned, they weren't even close to being done. In the seventh Robinson a sack bunt that scored a run mad at seven to two. Then in the ninth inning, the Dodgers up and still tacking on more with one of those crooked innings offensively, and then all got started by Alice Call.
Speaker 2: Seven to two, Dodgers in front. Now the pitch swung on Belt at the left and deep, this ball heading back to the wall.
Speaker 1: Gone home run number one for Alex Call.
Speaker 2: He hits his first home run of the season, right near his hometown and the Dodgers lead at eight to two.
Speaker 7: We saw him early before the ball game and just waving to family and friends, and it's a nice touch, all right.
Speaker 2: He's getting a standing ovation from a lot of Alex Call fans down there on the third day.
Speaker 6: Side friends and family and attendants. Alex Call with a solo home run Miguel Rojas an RBI double. Andy Pie has continues this All Star season with an RBI single. Max Monsey then with a two run double, the Dodgers in the ninth inning put up a five spot as they cruise to a twelve to three win.
Speaker 4: Justin Robleski would go seven.
Speaker 6: Indians give up the early two runs, but then in cruise control the rest of the way, he picks up the victory. He's now nine in two. The Dodgers now fifty one and twenty nine. They maintain a nine game lead in the division, and tonight they go for the sweep in Minneapolis. With showhy Otani on the mound, also serving as the dh first pitch at four forty with more, we head out to the gallop before broadcast booth as we say hello to Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Big differ twenty four hours makes here in Minneapolis, says it is a gorgeous evening here. Blue skys, white puffy clouds above target field as we get sent for the third and final game of this interleague series between the Dodgers and the Minnesota Twins. The Dodgers with a chance to sweep them after taking the first two games a close one two to one on Monday night, last night, not so close, twelve to three. The Dodgers running away with it, and they'll go behind show Hey Otani on the mound and at the plate. He'll be a two way player tonight, leading on for the Dodgers and the starting pitcher. Show Hey is seven to two with a one four to seven e RA. He'll take on right handed Joe Ryan. Ryan is five and three with the fifth best ERA in the American League at two ninety nine. Dodgers fifty one and twenty nine, nine games up in the National League West, the Twins four and a half back in the American League Central at thirty eight and forty three. Last night, Oh, the bats woke up after having a bit of a slow stock this series.
Speaker 8: Or they did.
Speaker 7: They tied the season high with seventeen hints, even though they left thirteen runners able to score twelve different times. And they just continue to play good baseball. That was the difference to the Twins, normally a much solid ball club, but defensively did not uphold that each of the first two games of this series. So the Dodgers, yes, they scored first. When they've done that, they're thirty six and nine this year. But the Dodgers in a roll. Tim They've won twenty the last twenty nine, and tonight they reached the halfway point of the season. This is game number eighty one.
Speaker 2: Season halfway don you'd have to say the two biggest surprises maybe, or the two best stories might be Justin Robleski and Andy Piers.
Speaker 7: I tell you what. Robleski last night, seven innings, two runs, five hits, gave up a solo home run. But he has been a breath of fresh air. He's now five and one on the road. He's four and one at home, low average against. When he's had trouble with runners in scoring position. That's on the pitching side. Look at what Andy Pie has has done. Pie has came up with a couple of base hits, actually three hits last night, on base four different times, including a walk. And then there's the defense in the base running for Pi. Hez that We're hearing now more and more from scouts say, hey, look, this guy's having quite a season.
Speaker 2: Dodgers have the best record in Major League Baseball currently fifty one and twenty nine. They also have the best road record at twenty five and fifteen. Overall, they've won twenty of their last twenty nine games. In spite of who's in the lineup and who's out of the lineup, the Dodgers just continue to roll.
Speaker 7: And a new face back in the lineup tonight. That's been Adulting Rushing, who had to leave after the first game the series, hit in the mask with the foul ball, so he was undergoing concussion protocol. Heague's got the green light. He's batting in the eighth spot tonight, so we see Alex call also getting the call in right field as Kyle Tucker is still not ready to go with Macy Tucker Friday night in the opening game of that series in San Diego. With this, Dodger buck club just continues to move right along, having won seven of their last ten. Only one of the team in the Nationally West is above five hundred to last ten. That being well the Padres. They'll see him Friday night and Andres have won six of their last ten, but they're nine games behind the Dodgers in the standings.
Speaker 2: Show Hey Otani going both ways tonight and Joe Ryan, the right hander pitching for Minnesota Dodgers and Twins third game of this three game series. Dodgers looking to break out the brooms here on the road.
Speaker 6: Tim, All right, thank you guys. It's been counting down to first pitch. Dodger fans, how about getting that game day me along.
Speaker 4: Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Order that Shaky's.
Speaker 6: Pizza Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here, I'm Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 4: You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: You're gonna hear from Justin Robleski after a great performance yesterday.
Speaker 4: David vesschecks in. Of course.
Speaker 6: Throughout the hour, we'll break down this pitching matchup your magical moment. Charlie Steiner stops by up next, so you're Tani Rewine and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Warts and at LA. That's all coming up in a busy, jam packed hour. Lean you up to Dodgers and Twins from Target Field in Minneapolis.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kas' is the backback World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Minnesota Twins one final time from Target Field in Minneapolis. Show Hey Otani, Joe Ryan the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at four forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani free.
Speaker 2: Why runners off the corners, Otani swings HiT's a high fly ball to left field. Call tagging at third wall, will be caught by Martin. There goes call sprinting for the plate. Here comes the throw. It's cut off, throwback to first and it's caught by Lewis. Carl scores. Otani drives on the go ahead run and it's three two Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Show Hey ot with the sacrifice fly last night in the fourth inning, scoring Alyx call that gave the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: A three to two lead they would never look back.
Speaker 6: Show Ao Tani hitlers last night, but dead that sack fly. Scored a run on base twice, including a walk. Now I mean two ninety three of four to fourteen on base percentage as the Dodgers rut of the Minnesota Twins last night twelve to three.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson and.
Speaker 6: Kirston joins us from Minneapolis. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Go to Carsfrokids dot Org. That's cars with a K Happy show Hey, Otani day Kirson is he makes his start, ain't gonna hit tonight.
Speaker 4: He sure is.
Speaker 9: With the off days tomorrow, they feel really good ass to where he's at. And you know, we've seen whether it's the last two starts, really the last few as much as it's funny because Showe is obviously he's been excellent on the mountain this year. He's of course in the say young conversation with the National League, but you look at those last two and he's given up eight runs in the combined two outings, and so things haven't in as sharp. They've still been good, but just not as sharp as we've kind of gotten used to seeing from him this year. And Dave Roberts this afternoon he spoke to the media, he was saying what he right now, what he's seeing is just kind of a lack in that fastball command. So obviously that's what sets things up for show Hey. So if he can get back to that. We know that he has dealt with some left knee inflammation that kept him out the lineup. Then we saw we visually have been seeing a blister that he has been playing through. Dave Roberts says that it's not a concern and he doesn't believe that that's what has necessarily led to the drop off in command it has. It's going to be covered again tonight and they're expecting it not to bleed like we saw it his last outing.
Speaker 4: But I think for show, hey, they're just.
Speaker 9: Kind of like they just want to see him get back a little bit back on track, because again, it's not that he's been bad, just not as sharp as we've gotten used to seeing his last two.
Speaker 6: Looking at the lineup today, Dalton rushing back behind the playe, that's certainly a good sight.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's back and he's feeling better. You know, when he spoke to the media immediately I guess after coming out of the game with that after taking the foul tip off his mask, he had shared that he was feeling better. He had had dealt with a concussion in the past and this felt a little bit different. But immediately after taking that foul ball off his mask, he did feel shaken up. The good news is that he passed all of the concussion protocols and all of the testing. He had to go through it again. Yesterday because you have to do it twenty four hours after and as we cleared all of that, the Dodgers did stay away from him and helped do to just the score of the game, but they wanted to him to have a full day off. Obviously, Chucky stepped in and was one of the two hits, got on base, etc. So they feel good about where Dalton is at right now to step back in and be behind the play and to work with Shohe because Dave was adamant that he would like those two two working together while Will Smith is.
Speaker 6: Down, no doubt about it, and the Dodgers getting him back is a good sign. And the Dodgers getting out of Minnesota with a possible sweet would even look even better, especially with the off day tomorrow in San Diego. Kerrison, we appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game. Still to come here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vase will join us, Charlie Steiner will join us. We've got your Dodgers magical moment. Also an injury report, and we'll hear from Justin Robleski, who had another great outing yesterday for the Dodgers. Is an all star worthy. We'll talk to the Dodger leftander coming up in just a little bit. But up next, it's your Dodger manager, Dave Roberts. As we lead you up to Dodgers and Twins on this Wednesday, first pitch at four forty. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: On your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 6: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Wednesday afternoon. As we lead you up to first pitch from Minneapolis, it's the Dodgers and the Twins Rogo Casino Resort and Spa, a grand slam before a good time show. Hey O Tani Joe Ryan. The pitching matchup, first pitch set for four to forty.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodger.
Speaker 6: Injury report presented by UCLA Healthy Official Medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Dalton Rushing back in the lineup after sitting out last night's game. Kyle Tucker not in the lineup, still nursing that soul. Laura mack will Smith on the il with the next inflammation to Oscar Hernandez on the io at the left hamstring strain.
Speaker 4: He's on a minor league rehabit.
Speaker 6: Sigmon in TRIPAA, Oklahoma City in his first game last night with one for three with.
Speaker 4: A two run home run.
Speaker 6: He is looking like he should be ready to turn in the next week or so. Won't be a long stint on a rehabits Simon Keke, Hernandez, Tyler Glassenow, Blake Snell, and when Diaz all on the injured listening and Nack is working his way back to a rehabit signment as well, So that is trending in the right direction, as is Evan Phillips, who hopes to return sometimes before the All Star break. All right, let's head back out to Minneapolis as we check out the Dodger Skipper.
Speaker 7: Anything else for.
Speaker 9: Questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 4: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 10: I think that, yeah, the last couple haven't been ideal. I think what's led to that is, honestly with most pitchers is just command. And I think that the fastball command hasn't been there to his kind of expectations. The sweeper command hasn't been there to his expectations, So I think that, Yeah, you know, it's one of those things that you know it's not going to continue for too much longer. So tonight, I know he's in a good place physically, emotionally, mentally, so hopefully it's a good one tonight.
Speaker 9: No part of that being you know, he had talked about the knee inflammation and how he's passed that.
Speaker 3: But could a portion of.
Speaker 9: Maybe this lack of command have been due to just those things and having to deal with that brit.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean it's certainly possible. I check in with them all the time about the knee and as just the training staff, and there's nothing from that from what we hear that that's affecting him. So we're certainly keeping a watchful eye on him. And you know, he was even confident that he should and wanted to hit today, So that's a good sign.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 6: There's a manager, Dave Roberts signing about show, hey Otani feels good, looks good, ready to go today as a two way player as a pitcher and the designated hitter. When we continue here on Wrongo Causino Dodgers on Deck, we check in with the David may Well lead you up to Dodgers and Twins from Target Field in Minneapolis.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kates. Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 3: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers wrap up this three game series in Minnesota as they take on the Twins show. Hey O, Tommy on the Mountain. First pitch coming up at four forty doctors. Baseball is brought to you by al Poto, born in La, made for your game day. Al Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, salces and hot sauces right to you every single time. El Poto Gourmet in a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 4: All right, DV.
Speaker 6: He talked to Kyle Tucker on the pregame show yesterday, a great conversation. Everybody can podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: But what is the latest on that back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, while we were talking to Dave Roberts, who you just heard from, I noticed Kyle Tucker go to the bat rack and had his batting gloves on, wrapped a bat went back downstairs. So Dave Roberts confirmed that Tucker was taking swings today, but it was not going to be during batting practice. He did not take BP on the field. He did take swings underneath in the hitting cage, So that's good news. And Tucker reassured us yesterday that he believes he'll be returning to the starting line of Friday in San Diego. And for what it's worth, I gave him on solicited advice and said, hey, so yeah, san Diego might be a good time just to reset the back and everything else.
Speaker 4: It is a good advice.
Speaker 8: TV.
Speaker 6: What's the latest on BLA should reset? I wish I could reset. I would evolve a day off, David. How about Blake Snell? What's the latest on Snell?
Speaker 4: Zella?
Speaker 5: Hello, he's had a few days off and he wants to get back and get back to pitching every fifth day. And when we were on the last homestand Blake Snell did throw ten pitches off the mound and Dave Roberts said another one is scheduled for Friday. He's gonna throw an all fastball bullpen session, fifteen pitches, and the plan is to have Snell throw four bullpen sessions, continuing to throw more and more to be ready to face hitters and maybe even go out on a rehab assignment. But it feels like Snell, we'll be able to pitch in July, and I wouldn't roll out before the All Star break.
Speaker 6: David has brought to you by Ford here for those who build America, especially those who believe that given everything today will pay off tomorrow, those who will drive America forward for two hundred and fifty years to come. Right now, Ford is offering employee pricing to everyone.
Speaker 4: Go to your southern.
Speaker 6: California Ford dealer today or visit by Ford noow dot com for more information. All right, so guys are trending in the right direction. How about Will Smith? How's he doing well?
Speaker 4: I saw, you know what's incredible.
Speaker 5: I saw Will Smith the first or second day of the homestand put on the shin guards.
Speaker 4: He had the mask.
Speaker 5: He was doing a lot of aggressive things to try to test to see where that neck was at and then all of a sudden, we didn't see him do much of anything after that. Nobody has said that Will Smith has had a setback, but he is not going to be activated when the Dodgers are in San Diego or Sacramento. And even more on that front, Dave Roberts said, Smith is not doing any baseball activities, so that's a little concerning. We're, you know, two and a half three weeks since he first had He hasn't played since June fifth, so it's gonna be missing quite a bit of time here since he hasn't played a game, which is somewhat concerning. There's an argument to be made that Will Smith is one of those players that the Dodgers cannot replace.
Speaker 6: That is interesting that he is not progressing. David great Stuffle check back in with you.
Speaker 4: It just a little bit.
Speaker 6: Devie's gonna go one on one with Justin Robleski coming up. You had about fifteen minutes still to come here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck as well. We'll get to you, Charlie Steiner, but up next to your Dodgers magical moment, don't go anywhere. Dodgers and Twins leading up to first pitch from Minneapolis. I'm Tim Kason's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Twins on this Wednesday afternoons. The Dodgers go for their three game Sweet Show. Hey Otani will do double duty starting pitcher, your designated hitter, going up against Joe Riley Ace of the Minnesota Twins, who's feeling better after being under the weather. First pitch coming up at four forty.
Speaker 11: Up here.
Speaker 3: With hot dog who wants a hot cod It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment Ditch Magical presented by Hawpy Hot Timsow.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers taking on the Twins. We go back to the nineteen sixty five World Series. These two teams tangled went all the way to a Game seven. Is the Dodgers elected to go with Sandy Kofax on the mound on two days rest, a rematch of the same pitching matchup in Game five, a decisive Game seven against the Twins.
Speaker 9: Who did it?
Speaker 12: Famdy Kopax gets his test strike up his second consecutive shutout of the Twins on Monday on a four hitter.
Speaker 1: Today on pre hitter.
Speaker 12: Every pitcher, of course, likes the finish the game with a strikeout. This was, of course not a game. This was the seventh game of the World Series.
Speaker 13: But here's the fella who gave the Dodgers the championship, Sandy. In Los Angeles, when you pitched your seven or nothing shut out, you were quoted as saying after the game, I feel one hundred years old.
Speaker 1: So today, how do you feel one hundred and one, one hundred and one.
Speaker 2: I feel great video.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 13: I don't have to go out there anymore. For about four months, Sandy, it appeared from upstairs if your fastball was really your only pitch for quite some time. Yes, it was.
Speaker 7: I don't know what it was that they didn't have a curve ball at all, and I wasn't getting it over and I just stayed with the fastball and tried to get some pretty good spots and I got the lead. I tried to keep him from pulling the ball if I could.
Speaker 6: The Great Race Scott to play by play the Great Vin Scully with the postgame interview with Sandy Kofax as the Dodgers beat the Twins in Game seven on short rest. Sandy Kofax, through a complete game shutout, allowed three hits and recorded ten strikeouts over the entire seven game series. Sandy Kofax pitch two complete game shutouts Game five and Game seven, nineteen sixty five World Series. The Dodgers win it second title in three years. This Hapy Haffy magical moment brought to by Hofey hot Dogs, Haffey Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 4: Hofey hot Dogs, Local and so great.
Speaker 6: When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check out with Charlie Steiner as we're leading up to first pitch Dodgers and Twins. I'm Tim Kats' is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 6: Long, Dodgers and Twins one more time from Minneapolis show.
Speaker 4: Hey, Tani, Joe, Ryan, the pitch you match up a good one.
Speaker 6: First pitch coming up at four forty is time now for the Verizon startup. As we are thirty five minutes away exactly from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years, so you can save big. Visit your so calv Verizon store Today we sailo to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 8: Okay, Tim, the Dodgers and the Twins get ready for the Dodgers. It's game number eighty, the last game of the first half of the season. They're looking for their seventh sweep of the year after they crushed the Twins last night by a score of twelve to three. So the Dodgers begin the day at the halfway mark fifty one and twenty nine, a season high twenty two games over five hundreds. You know, on the road they're ten games over five hundred, twenty five and fifteen. That's the best in baseball interleague play nineteen and ten. The Twins at thirty eight and forty three in third place in the American League Central, four and a half games behind the White Sox and more. Just looking at the standis tell us a lot of a lot of bits and pieces about the state of the game in the American League. You have five teams in the race for the wildcard. Twins are one of them. Only five teams in the American League are over five hundred, and the Dodgers, of course, with their big lead nine over the Podres, ten and a half over Arizona. They just keep cruising right along. At the halfway mark, Charlie, they do. I mean, there's no infens a bunch.
Speaker 7: You start to look at the standings and you say, oh my goodness, there are a couple of teams that stand out head and shoulders. The Dodgers, yes, of course, and the numbers just rattle off, and also the Atlanta Braves in the National League. But this Dodger ball club, Charlie, just continues to go on and on and on. For example, last night they score it first when they put the run on the board before the other team. They're thirty six and nine. They've now won twenty of their last twenty nine games. And what's odd When the Dodgers lose, everybody thinks, oh my goodness, the sky is falling.
Speaker 8: The Dodgers lead Major League Baseball with the seven eighty three ops. They also had the lowest ops against them at.
Speaker 1: Six thirty four.
Speaker 8: So they hit better than anybody else, and they pitch any better than anybody else. For all the stats, that's what you come up with.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and let me get off of the stats just for a second. The first two games of this series, and these are conversations that we have with other people that are around baseball and see other teams. The point that I'm getting to is that Dodgers have just played better baseball than the other teams that we have seen on a consistent basis. Yes, they have a few here and there and say, oh, okay, on off night that is going to happen. But for example, the first two games of the series, the Dodgers have not only won each of the first two, they have outplayed the Minnesota Twins, who by the way, played the game pretty darn well to begin with. But the head and shoulders, the Dodgers have just played the game more alertly than other teams that we've seen.
Speaker 8: Who would have thought of the halfway mark of the season the Dodgers winning His pitcher would be Justin Robleski, who improved his record at nine and two. He retired the last fourteen of sixteen batteries that he faced, and he's having a Sensational'll say one note, a couple of other notes about last night. All ten hitters got on base. Every Dodger had a hit, with the exception of Otani, who, by the way, is pitching today, but he had a sack fly and knocked in his forty fifth run of the season. Nine other hitters all had an RBI, and the seven, eight and nine hitters call Freeland and Robinson when the combined six for twelve scored five of the twelve runs. Robinson had two hits and his third sacrifice of the year, all that after going oh for eleven. So everything is coming up roses for the Dodgers, even on the road.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Men.
Speaker 7: Tonight, Dalton Rushing returns to the starting line uphill bat eighth into the catching a couple of days down after taking a foul ball off of the mask and he was under really concussion protocols, so he's passed that. He's back in the lineup tonight. Still not Kyle Tucker. He will probably not see action until Game one, that'd be on Friday in San Diego. But all at all, this is a book club Charlie the Night. Yes, they're fifty one twenty nine, but I get the feeling this is a club that wants to not only can continue to play good. They want to play even better than they are right.
Speaker 8: Now, on a pace to win one hundred and two games this year. Otani against Joe Ryan this afternoon tonight. Otani, for him, he's been struggling on the mound in the month of June two and zero a three thirty eight er. Overall on the season, he's seven to two and a one forty seven R. So there he is three thirty eight ERA on the hill. He's struggling offensively. He's hitting three thirty three this month, seven home runs, fourteen runs batted in. Again. Otani getting the start tonight.
Speaker 7: He's getting the start and we will find out if there are any issues with his left knee while he's pitching in tonight's ball game. There's been no issues the last thirty two games as a hitter, knee or not hitting a three sixty two with ten home runs and knocked in twenty eight runs in the last thirty two contests.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 8: The last time the Dodgers in t played in the World Series, in fact, the only time nineteen sixty five, they won in seven games, Game seven, Cofax won, but the story was the game that he did not pitch Game one, observing the Jewish high Holiday of Young Kappoor. He won Game seven, shutting him out ten strikeouts, three walks, and did it on seventy two hours of rest.
Speaker 7: Other than that, just another day at the office for the Dodgers pitching, whether you're talking in the past or the present.
Speaker 8: And the way things are looking the future too. Lineups in first pitch the immediate future coming right up, Tim.
Speaker 6: All Right, day Charlie Dodgers Baseball is presented by Uniclow Field at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 4: Visit uniclow dot com slash you still to.
Speaker 6: Come here a Wrongo Becauseino Dodgers on deck Before first pitch, we'll dive teaper of this pitching matchup. But I'm next to go high and tight with Justin Roblaski Dodgers Twins. Final game of this three game series coming up at four forty. I'm Tim Kaszons the back to back World's your Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's Dodgers and Twins. One final time great pitching matchup coming up. Will dive deep in the numbers coming up in just a few minutes show Tony Joe Ryan squaring off in the series finale. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast, went.
Speaker 4: Its game day. It's group day at Shakey's dot Com.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be vess a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment is high and tight.
Speaker 5: Well, if Justin Robleski's not going to Philadelphia for the All Star Game, I don't know if any of them should show up. Another great outing for the Dodger left hander, and Justin joins us right now. Thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no worries, No worries. Be on hey.
Speaker 5: The day after starts or in between starts. You wear eyeglasses, so I feel like you're in your Clark Kent mode right now. And then when you go out there every every week or every fifth day, you just grip it and rip it out. Do you wear contacts when you're pitching?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I do.
Speaker 10: I do.
Speaker 11: I can't see very well, so that's why I throw the ball and I don't hit it anymore. So that's all part of it. But yeah, the glasses are just way easier than the contact. Contacts dry out, get annoying, so or the glasses as long as I can. I mean, I'm about to put my contacts on and get my work done today. But most most of the time, when I'm not at the field, it's glasses, all right.
Speaker 5: I know, when you're on the mound and you're getting ready for a start the All Star Game and things that are out of your control you don't concern yourself with, but it's hard to ignore how good of a first half you've had. Are you starting to think about the All Star Game?
Speaker 11: I mean, it'd be cool to be a part of it, for sure. Obviously it's something you know that's a big deal and you want to, you know, put yourself an opportunity in a position to kind of, you know, be among the names that that are you know, thrown around for that.
Speaker 4: That's really cool.
Speaker 11: But at the same time, for me, I think there's a lot you know, I can continue to get better at. I'm kind of more concerned with, you know, how can I improve outing to outing and you know, just month to month and getting better and whether it's you know, usage, whether it's you know, location, whatever it is, whatever. Maybe I think that's kind of my focus, is just trying to get better each outing. And you know, again, like I said yesterday, wherever the chips fall, if that ends up being an All Star game this year, great, but it's also just a halfway point the season, so you know, after the All Star break is more important. So that's what I'm I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 5: And how do you plan on staying strong because obviously you're pitching more this year as a starter than a versatile pitcher last year. How are you adjusting having this workload?
Speaker 11: Yeah, no, I feel good. I mean last year we did a good job with you know, I was up and down, but there was a lot of times where I was throwing you know, I probably threw a chumuative like one hundred and thirty plus innings last year, maybe more if you count like the lives and all that stuff that we did at the end of the year, you know, in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: So I feel good.
Speaker 11: I feel like I'm in a good spot again. It's just continuing to hammer the routine, hammer, just sleep and all that important stuff. And yeah, just trying to stay healthy and just pitch and take the ball every time they tell me to.
Speaker 5: So you're talking sleep. That's O Tani's line.
Speaker 4: All sleep.
Speaker 5: So you're a young guy, so you just keep it mellow. You get as much sleep as you can do you have a certain number of hours.
Speaker 11: I'm not as much of like an hour's guy. I've I've worn an or ring sleep track stuff for the past you know, five or six years now, so I kind of know, like, you know, I need to be in bed for nine hours usually, like that's kind of like in bed for but usually that equates to like, you know, eight and a half eight hours of sleep. And you know, obviously I'm not always like the best about it, but like at the end of the day, like if I can get it within that range, And I think I've stut better this year than I have in previous years. So it's all, it's all been good, and it's again just continue to try to get, you know, one percent better in every area. And that's kind of an area that I've improved a lot since I started tracking it.
Speaker 5: Justin Robleski is our guest, all right, So Robleski pitched last night on a national stage. In case you didn't know this, the game was on TBS, and we all know Pedro Martinez likes to tweet out different things, and he gave Justin Robleski a nickname. He said, the Dodgers have a lot of great whites in their rotation, but Robleski is a shark, and he is now coining you the Shark. Can I run with that nickname? What did you think that a Hall of Famer like Pedro is giving you the nickname the Shark?
Speaker 11: You know, Meggie really likes it, and he thought it was really funny, and so he's been running around, you know, asking everybody where the Shark is today. Great, so that's been pretty funny. But no, in all seriousness, you know, anytime you can get you know, you can be even talked about by a guy like Pedro, it's super cool. And you know, I've been a big, you know fan of his, like watching his brother, like his you know commentary stuff is cool. And then obviously, you know, I go back and I watched some of his oddings when I reget the chance, and you know, he was elite, arguably one of the best, if not the best picture of all time. You know, in an era where it was really hard to pitch. He dominated, So it's super cool.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 11: The nickname is funny. I think it's it's it's some Yeah, whatever people want to run with, they can run with. But yeah, it's it's funny and it's it's obviously super cool that to you know, be talked about by someone like like Pedro.
Speaker 5: So when we think about great white sharks, we're talking about the ultimate predator. Do you feel like that's why he thought about you as a shark? Are you the predator on the mound going after these hitters?
Speaker 11: And like chum, I can't speculate on what Pedro thought.
Speaker 4: You might have to ask him.
Speaker 5: I don't know what what does that mean to you?
Speaker 13: Though?
Speaker 4: I don't know. It's not my nickname.
Speaker 11: I didn't give it to myself. You know, I can't, I can't. I can't speak on what he would give me that. You gotta ask him?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 5: So can I run with this? Can I?
Speaker 1: Can?
Speaker 5: I stick with the shark?
Speaker 13: Whatever you want to do?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 13: All right? Good?
Speaker 5: Glad to know that I could start going forward with a Hall of famous nickname for Justin Robleski.
Speaker 11: The shark shark, whatever works man, all.
Speaker 5: Right, love it there. He is Tanner Scott. He's got the dorsal fin out for the Shark. Justin Robleski. He'll receive a gift card to Jabers. He'll be hunting some fine Mexican cuisine in La Jolla, in Pasadena, maybe even in Newport Beach.
Speaker 3: Justin.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot for the time. And you're clubhouse manager, Alex Torris, better get that All Star Jersy ready for you in Philadelphia.
Speaker 11: Thank you, thank you, Dave, thank you.
Speaker 5: Hey, get ready Philly, the Shark is coming to town. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of DV.
Speaker 6: Maybe we can get Baby Shark this song to be his new walkout song.
Speaker 4: And we'll see aldi up to first pitch.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Twins from Minneapolis coming up next.
Speaker 4: We'll dive deeper to this pitch matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers. Oh do you know what.
Speaker 1: This is?
Speaker 3: Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's Dodgers and Twins from Minneapolis. First pitch coming up, at four forty.
Speaker 3: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by here Toyona Dealers. We may hit easy.
Speaker 6: Joe Ryan on the mound for the Twins five and three, two ninety nine eray that two ninety nine. Rora becomes the first Twin starter to own a sub three r in his first sixteen starts and back to back season since Johann Santana did it back in two thousand and six. Two thousand seven, thirty year old right handed down his sixth season, making his seventeen start this year last time out, five shoutout innings, three hits, seven strikeouts on a winner with the Texas Rangers in the month of June. Joe Ryan four starts, two and oz with a three to thirteen ERRA. It's his second career start against the Dodgers. He took a loss against them August ninth, twenty twenty two, at Dodger Stadium. He allowed six runs, five of which were earned, on nine hits, including a home run, with four strikeouts in a Dodgers win.
Speaker 4: Show.
Speaker 6: Hey Otani on the MoU for the Dodgers seven and two of the one forty seven ERA. The thirty one year old right hander making his thirteenth start this season. He is one forty seven R ranked second among starters with a minimum of twelve starts, right behind the mizz Jacob Mizrawski of the Brewers. Last time out six innings, four runs, seven hits, five strikeouts on a win over the Rays. The last two starts, he has given up a combined eight runs, more than he has given up in the ten previous starts. Combined, he has pitched six plus innings in eleven of twelve starts this year. He faced the Twins four times in his career, three as an Angel and once as a Dodger. He has one to oh with a two to twenty one ERA and a five earl run and give it up over twenty and a third innings. In his last outing against Minnesota last July, he went three Indians, give it up one run on four hits and striking out three. Show Hey Otani, Joe Ryan, Dodgers Twins were fifteen minutes away for first pitch keys to the game. Our next, I'm Tim Kates is back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 3: That one this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for.
Speaker 4: The Blue all season Low Clean you up to first pitch.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Twins from Minneapolis show Hey Otani and Joe Ryan the pitching matchup. Getting ready for the start of the game with a Sapporo Start Great Moments Start with Sapporo Beer, whatever your taste preference. Sapporo has you cover with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beer. Sapporo Goodwi Sushi, Great with Baseball. One final time, back out to the booth before first pitch, Tim Never Rick Monday, guess.
Speaker 2: Tam, thanks again. We get you ready for the third and final game of this three game set between the Dodgers and the Minnesota Twins. The Twins were last swept this year at the end of May at Pittsburgh. Hasn't happened often to him, but the Dodgers trying to make sure that happens tonight behind Shohei Otani, who is looking for, by his standards, a bounce back performance. He's allowed seven or in runs over his last twelve and two thirds innings pitch and his last two starts covering Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay. His first starts combined, he only allowed seven.
Speaker 7: When he throws strikes, he's absolutely unhittable. In fact, when he's ahead in the count, he's a one to fifty six batting average. This really applies to both pitchers tonight, including Joe Ryan, a one forty three average when he gets a hit. If I'm a hitter on either side of the spectrum here tonight, I'm going to be looking for a pitch maybe early in the count, that I can hit. Joe Ryan challenges hitters very very early, in particular the fastball. But that fastball inside has been a big weapon in just a one to two batting average against. So the Dodgers do they hunt the fast ball inside where he's had success. We'll find out in a few minutes.
Speaker 2: One thing too about Joe Ryan. I checked with first base coach Chris Woodward about this. He said he's a little on the slower side to home plate, so there might be a chance, depending on the game situation, for the Dodgers to take a back or two against.
Speaker 7: Well, fourteen attempts to steal thirteen at been successful, and over the last couple of years, no pitchers allowed. Starting pitcher allowed more stolen bases than Joe Ryan.
Speaker 2: Dodgers going for the sweep tonight over the Twins. Lineups and first pitch coming up, Tim.
Speaker 4: All right, first pitch, right around the corner. Don't forget.
Speaker 6: I'll be back with all the postgame festivities, including Dodg Talk when this one is over. Dodgers going to action at fifty one and twenty nine, nine games up on the Padres, ten and a half games up on the San Diego on the Arizona Dinabacks.
Speaker 4: Both the Padres and the Diamondbacks in action.
Speaker 6: We'll keep you updated on what they're doing as the afternoon rolls on.
Speaker 4: First pitch is next from.
Speaker 6: Minnesota show Hey Otani in the batter's Box. Also on the mound for the Dodgers in the series finale. This has been Wrongo Causino Dodgers on deck on your back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network