Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 2: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deep now your pregame host of the world champion La Dodgers Tama Cats.
Speaker 7: Hi everybody, and welcome in two more Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. I hope you're doing well on this April first, twenty twenty six, as you're back to back World champion Los Angeles Dodgers for one to start this season. After a three game sweep of the Diamondbacks to start the year, the Dodgers and Guardians have split the first two games of this three game series. Tonight the rubber game against Cleveland. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount making his second start of the year. First pitch from Uniclo Field that Dodger Stadium is coming up at five twenty. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from former Big League umpire Brian Gorman. David is gonna go one on one with him, get his thoughts on the abs through the first week of this season. He's called a lot of Major League games now an advisor over the umpiring crew. You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts as well. dB checks in throughout the hour, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, we'll hear from Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA and in just a few minutes out to the Galloping Ford Broadcast Booth with Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 7: Last night Show, hey Otani made his debut on the mound and he was really good. Six shutout innings. He allowed just one hit, wall striking out six. Things got a little muddy on the mound for show Hey o Tani had to bring grounds crew out get the mud out of his cleats didn't seem to face him though. He was solid over those six innings before turning it over to the bullpen and the Dodgers offense well. They needed a good spin around the lineup to get things going, and when they did, they put runs on the board.
Speaker 4: It started in the fourth of Andy Pies.
Speaker 2: Piebe works out of the stretch, flow up up against his chest, shakes off the first sign given to him by PitchCom now agrees and he will deliver the payoff. With the runners on the move, here comes the three to two and pie haz lines up the right field to pay six. Smett's gonna get away at home. There comes the throw from Capus that's gonna be cut off of. The Dodgers have a one nothing lead. For the first time this season, the Dodgers have scored the first run of the ball game. Andy pie has a two out run scoring single.
Speaker 7: Little two out magic from Andy Piez and then Dodgers took a one to nothing lead. Then of the sixth, Max months he went deep.
Speaker 2: There's a one one to mon He swings hits a drive to right way back, It goes and Max Munsey has hit it out. Maxwell swinging the silver hammer for the first time this season.
Speaker 8: It's too nothing.
Speaker 2: Oh what a blast.
Speaker 7: Five Monthsy Max Monsey go in deep that one four hundred and ten feet to the back of the Guardians bullpen. That's the top tier play of the game, brought to by Arco quality, top tier gas for less. Dodgers with a two to ninzeen lead the six innings, fantastic for show Hey Otani. He turned it over to the bullpen. Alex Vessi got the seventh. Jack Dryer got the eighth. In the bottom half of the eighth inning, the Dodgers doubled their lead and thanks has started with ta Oscar and Endez.
Speaker 2: On ball one stride, Freeman at third, toy Oscar at the plate, and Munsey can get a big lead at second with the infield in front of him.
Speaker 8: Pitch swung on line drive, base.
Speaker 2: Hit left field, Freeman's gonna score, Munsey's gonna be held at third. An RBI single for tay Oscar, herd ands and the Dodgers.
Speaker 8: Lead it three nothing.
Speaker 9: The BET's beginning to come alive here in the late stages.
Speaker 8: Of the game.
Speaker 7: Dodgers have three to h in the bats stand alive. Rick Monday, Andy Piez.
Speaker 2: Two one line drive, pace hit left field once he will come in the score and Piz has driven in his second run. It is four nothing, Dodgers four hits in the inning.
Speaker 7: Andy Piz drives in a run. He drove in two of the Dodgers four runs. How about the bottom half of the line of Monthsey te Oscar Piz driving in all four of the runs. Showy Otani had to hit a couple of walks, Kyle Tucker had a hit, Mookie Betts zero for four last night, the top of the lineup did not drive in runs, but the Dodgers still get the win four to one over the Cleveland Guardians. Show Hey O'tani gets the win after he wins six shutout innings and any and the work Jack Driary mentioned the eighth edwin. Diaz came in give up a run in the ninth inning. He had some issues with the mud on the mound, but got through it with a couple of strikeouts as the Dodgers get the win four to one over the Guardians. They are now four and one to start the season, and tonight, Yoshinobu Yamamoto gets his second start of this season as the Dodgers look to finish off his homestand on a winning note before they hit the road for the East Coast Washington, DC and then back north of the border to Toronto, Canada for a three game series next week. But first things first, needed to take care of business. Tonight, first pitch at five to twenty and with more we head out to the gallpin Ford Broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 8: Thanks Tim.
Speaker 2: Beautiful afternoon here at Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium as the Dodgers and Cleveland Guardians wrap up their three game set. Dodgers with a chance to win the series today as they play the rubber game each team with a win, Cleveland three and three of the Dodgers four and one. Gavin Williams the right hand We'll get the start for the Guardians, while Yoshinobu Yamamoto will make his second start for the Dodgers. The Dodgers offensively not yet where they want to be in spite of the fact of their four and one record after five games in the regular season. Otani, Tucker, Bets, and Freeman all hitting under two eleven, and Bets hitting just one fifty eight at this point in the season.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's kind of amazing, is that the bottom part of the lineup is really carrying the workload. For the most part, the Dodgers have not created that many opportunities with runners in scoring position. However, when they've been there, they've done a very good job. Team average at three sixteen. They've shut the other ball club down in similar situation, it's about a two to sixty average. But this is the yearly going. You're going to have ups and downs and ebbs and times. There's no question about that. I would venture a guest, here's the spot going out in a limb that messrs Otani, Tucker, Bets and Freeman will get hot and they're going to carry a huge part of this load, just going on a little limb, just a limb, Yeah, okay, big thick limb.
Speaker 2: A little less than a couple of hours ago, we saw something on the field that we don't normally see. Show Hey Otani taking batting practice on the field. He typically hits inside. We rarely ever see him hit outside. The Dodgers did not have team batting practice today that was mandatory, but they did have some optional batting practice in the cage with whoever wanted to go out there and hit. Just a handful of guys went out, including Show Heck different.
Speaker 9: Guys have different philosophies and they feel comfortable doing different things. Myself, just going back, I did not like hitting in the cage. It was fine to get loose, but for me I got tunnel vision, and tunnel vision because you're indoors, you're in a cage, I believe, and especially on the road, when you're going into that first game of a series in a ballpark, whether you've been there five times orhether you've been there, this is the first time, whatever it is, I always felt it was important to get a feeling of the background. What are you going to be looking at and you're at home plate as it comes out of the pitcher's hand and seeing Otona come out today, Sometimes you just need to go ahead and take batting practice for you know, Hey, there's a foul line over here, there's a foul line over there. Everything in between those foul lines is open game, and there's base hits out there.
Speaker 2: One thing we also saw this afternoon, after just five games, pitchers fielding practice PFPS. The entire pitching staff was out fielding ground balls.
Speaker 9: Yeah, did you notice that there was one miscue and everybody went uh, and then the picture retrieved it and everybody applauded. It truly is, and you wind up making games. You know, it's like a beer frame and bowling. Okay, if you get a strike and the next time it gets a strike, you have to get the strike too, and you take a little pride and it helps kind of get yourself through the monotony, if you will, of the fundamentals. There's nothing monotonous about executing the fundamentals during a ballgame.
Speaker 2: However, it's a getaway day, getaway night for the players. They will take off after the game for Washington d Seal have an off day there tomorrow, then start a series in two days with the Nationals. In the meantime, Yamamoto tries to get his second win of the season.
Speaker 8: He's one to zero.
Speaker 2: He will take on Gavin Williams, who is oh and one Guardians and Dodgers coming up from the stadium.
Speaker 7: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans get that game day meal on Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza Chicken mojos?
Speaker 4: Right now? It's Shakys dot com.
Speaker 7: Coming up here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We will check in with the David Math say, we of course have your Dodgers magical moment. We've got your o Tani rewind. We'll hear from former Big leagueump Brian Gorman. Kirsten Watson though stops by next. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Guardians on this Wednesday, the first homestand of the regular season. Wind's down tonight, Dodgers looking for the series win. First pitch coming up in five to twenty. I'm Tim the back to back world champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dods.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers and the Cleveland Guardians wrapping up this three games here Joshinobu Yamamoto, Gavin Williams. The pitching matchup on this Wednesday night. First pitch coming up at five twenty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewide.
Speaker 2: Oh Hoskins back in the right hand box, Otani set ready to throw and the one two pitch swung on it a mass strike three big sweepers struck him out six strikeouts for Otani, Cleveland leaves a man hitch to Otani, curveball hit on the ground right side, that's through for O pay Ship.
Speaker 8: And raided on the curveball.
Speaker 2: And knocked it between the first basement and second baseman. Or a one out single, on base three times, a couple of walks, and now a single pitching for six innings, no run, just one hit, struck out six.
Speaker 9: Just about everything would drank the infield tonight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if you asked to do it, he would show hey Otani's six shutout Indians, six strikeouts, one to hit at the plate last night, on base three times, a couple walks, one for three with the base hit now hitting two hundred on this season show Heyotani currently holds the longest active on bay streak in Major League Baseball at thirty six games going back to last season, and the longest active scoreless inning streak in Major League Baseball, currently twenty two and two third innings.
Speaker 6: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 7: Kirston joins us on this Wednesday afternoon, a five to twenty first pitch getaway day for the Dodgers and Guardians. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of o car today Today, your car could be picked up tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Oh it's that easy. Donating now with Cars for Kids dot org Det's Cars with a K.
Speaker 7: It's the rubber game of this three game set after last night and showy Otani what he did on the mountain last night was pretty impressive.
Speaker 10: Oh my goodness, it's you have days when it comes to show Haoitani, it's just like, what can't he do? This is a guy who only had two starts in spring training, and they were very intentional that when he was away from the team with Team Japan and the World Baseball Classic, they wanted him to continue his build up, but they did not want him facing hitters in a live game. He of course threw a live VP and he has now come into the season only did he have six shutout innings. Yesterday there was the elements of the rain, something we was let, to be honest, never really have during baseball season in southern California. But how he managed, how he had his stuff working, he was incredibly efficient and effective. So he it's just one of those things where you can never doubt what he's capable of. And I think last night we've been seeing it so many different times. The last night proved to be just another example as to where he's at in the pitcher, that he is on the mount and really the two way player that he is.
Speaker 7: Dodgers going through a three game cycle here where Sasaki got the start two nights ago, last night it was shohe Otani and tonight.
Speaker 4: Yea, I'm a model. How about that three Japanese starters in a row.
Speaker 11: You know what?
Speaker 4: And this is history.
Speaker 10: It has not been done in which you have three Japanese born starters pitching in the same series, starting in the same series, and that's what happen is happening right now. Then we have a manager who is half Japanese and so there are so many layers to this that just make it so special. And then you look at what these guys have been able to do. We're now officially one time through the rotation with the Yoshinobu having his second start this evening of the regular season, and those guys they've got just combined, the three of them a two and one record, a one six' nine ERA i, know we talked About showhy just a minute ago and the six shot innings he, Had but even For Roki sasaki to be able to get through, four to have some really quality stuff only giving up one, Run like when you look at what his spring training was and how he's been able to just really take a really big step in the right, direction it's just showing you've got this three talented stars and they're all in such a good spot at the.
Speaker 7: Moment looking at The dodgers the first couple of games against The diamondbacks and The, guardians seems to be a little bit of a trend. Here curious and Maybe i'm, wrong but when they hit home, runs they seem to, win, Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's exactly what it.
Speaker 10: Is so five games so far in this season when they have out homer at their, opponents they are four and oh we know that they are four and one on the season at the. Moment so when you look at just kind of what is happening, offensively it's interesting because you have guys who are taking really quality at, bats some results are. Falling we're seeing some, power whether It's Max munsey getting his first home run of the season last. Night we know What Will smith did on his bobblehead, Day Andy pajas and the season. Opener so you're seeing kind of a little bit of different. Things you're seeing the, power you're seeing strong at, bats and even with talking to the, guys they've been saying that things haven't clicked as a collective just, yet but the fact that you're seeing power currently and they, said, look it's stretches of. Baseball there are gonna be times that they're not hitting any home, runs but they have fifteen hits in a game and they're stringing at bats. Together things are gonna go either. Way so obviously they're grateful for the home runs because it's putting them on in the win column at the, moment but there's still a lot that they're working. On so they're kind of just focusing on trusting the process at the moment and taking pride and what they're doing really, well and that is they're getting on, base they're taking their, walks they're seeing pitches really, well and they're swinging at, strikes so they are in a good spot and when they are making, contact things are. Going but they're just hoping for things to be maybe falling a little bit more getting a little bit luckier out.
Speaker 7: There, WELL i think the biggest Question dodger fans wanted to know going back to last night is did you get Your yoshi?
Speaker 4: BOBBLEHEAD i sure.
Speaker 10: DID i, Did but you know, What i'm gonna be. HONEST i love all my, bobbleheads BUT i tend to like give them away to. People SO i did give My yoshi one away to a good friend who is obsessed with The yoshi, character so it was very. FITTING i was, LIKE i think it's really. COOL i just personally didn't really need, it SO i was, like you know, what BUT i did get, one AND i will say seeing my favorite thing was Seeing Yoshi nobiyamoto Are Yoshi yoshi the character and Then Donald, glover who is the voice.
Speaker 4: Of yoshi in the.
Speaker 10: Movie, yeah them doing the Like Spider man, meme that.
Speaker 4: Was legit ived.
Speaker 8: It, yeah that's.
Speaker 12: Cool all right, Here so.
Speaker 4: We will check in with you after the.
Speaker 7: Game we look forward to this road trip coming up still to come here On Morago, Casino dodgers On deck will dive deeper into this pitching. Matchup David vassi goes one on one with Former major league Umpire Brian, gorman now working as an advisor For Major League. Baseball we'll get his thoughts on the abs the first week of the regular. Season we'll get you an injury, report and we hear from the manager, Himself Dave. Roberts it's A dodgers And guardians on This, wednesday first.
Speaker 4: Pitch of five to. Twenty I'm Tim katz is the back to back world Champion. Dodgers audio.
Speaker 6: Notwork this Is Marongo Casino dodgers On deck on your home for the blue all season logol Good.
Speaker 7: Law it's The dodgers And. Guardians As Marongo Casino dodgers On deck continues leading up the first pitch on This, Wednesday Marongo Casino resort And, spa A Grand slam before Good. Times Yoshinobu yamamoto And Gavin. Williams the pitching. Matchup first pitch coming up and five. Twenty it's THE.
Speaker 1: La Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 7: Report presented BY Ucla Healthy official medical partner of The Los Angeles. Dodgers Brock stewart on the il working his way back from offseason shoulder. Injury Blake snell working his way back from a short left Shoulder he is trending towards a late may. Return Tommy edmund on THE, il recovering from offseason ankle. Surgery he is getting closer and. Closer Keiki hernandez on the sixty DAY. Il gavin Stone own also now placed on the sixty DAY il land and back on the injured list with the intercostal. Strain Evan phillips on THE, il recovering From Tommy john. Surgery let's head back out to the ravine as we check out with The.
Speaker 4: Dodgers get.
Speaker 1: Questions For Dave, dave can you just Describe?
Speaker 12: Dave can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts With Dave.
Speaker 13: Roberts, YEAH i think you, know we're not, UH i think the intent is. There you, know the results haven't been. THERE i think that we've hit the ball a little bit better than our results have, shown AND i think that it certainly gets more magnified early as we all. Know SO i, think you, know it's just kind of stay the course and we're getting the guys off the field, today no batting precs on the, field so given, guys you, know time to reset a little, bit just kind of work on their routines in the cage and you know we're going to break out at some, point but it is nice to know, that you, know other, guys you, Know Andy Max, will you, know swing the bat, well and we are getting some timely Hitting.
Speaker 10: Yoshi today just for him being a regular rest you manage.
Speaker 6: Him differently in this ovving raing.
Speaker 8: Not, really not.
Speaker 13: REALLY i think that he'll get an extra day his next, turn and SO i think that just kind of seeing how we're still in the baseball you, know how the stuff. Looks you. Know the one good thing is that our bullpen is all, fresh so that's a good, thing you, know obviously bleeding into an off day. Tomorrow BUT i think for, me it's just kind of managing them AS i usually.
Speaker 12: Do that's just a lot of robo in first started from this up comment we.
Speaker 13: Do we just haven't exactly figured out exactly which, day but, yes worth Of tony.
Speaker 14: Sort of basically it's later.
Speaker 12: That made that performing as well.
Speaker 13: SHOWS i think show hey, there you know, what, HONESTLY i don't think That i'm seeing him miss a lot of good pitches to. HIT i think they're understandably pitching them very, carefully AND i do like the way he's being selective and taking walks when they're, given and you, know there hasn't been a whole lot of hard contact BECAUSE i do think that they're just not making a whole lot of mistakes with, him but that that will, come AND i think for, ME i would just preach just patience and trust that the guys behind them will will figure some things.
Speaker 15: Out where is he ranking kind of the patient? Scale you, know write If Fairy bonds is on one extreme where you know you might see like one le hitch in three, days like you managed to kind of stay with N so where do you kind of see a timey.
Speaker 12: Kind of on?
Speaker 13: That, YEAH i would say, that you, know it's been a small small sample this year, year but in GENERAL i would say he's, probably you, know right there in the. MIDDLE i Think barry was as patient and as good as anyone you Know i've ever seen that can take, walks valued, walks and, yeah there were times where he, got you, know a handful of pitches a week to hit. Show he's certainly not to that extreme of, patients but you, know he he's doing a good, job AND i think this year has been as good as he's been up to this point.
Speaker 15: So far as like six walks in five, years like you, KNOW i think didn't walk like and fifteen times When, yeah do you think sure he would go crazy if that.
Speaker 8: HAPPENED i, YEAH i.
Speaker 13: Do show he likes to swing the, bat show he would go. Crazy, yeah he would go. Crazy short, Answer, Yes davey mentioned things get magnified at this time of the.
Speaker 12: YEAR i mean every year we're talking.
Speaker 5: About, hey what's what's the matter with this? Guy do you see where that comes?
Speaker 12: From or do you think that's unfair.
Speaker 13: To a guy it kind of Being it's completely. UNFAIR i see where it comes. From you, know there's gonna be guys that you know we're talking about that are off to slow, starts and then a series, later the article is going to Be he's off to a hot. Start so and it could change in two. Days so it's certainly. OVERBLOWN i completely understand. It but the guys that have been around a long time understand, that you, know you can't let that affect.
Speaker 11: You, yeah because Following rookie's show him that The modos start tonight completes a three game stretch for Having japanese born, starters something that's never been done before in the history OF, mlb you, know giving your own, hair it is being born in a. Kanawall what does it mean to you personally to be at the helm of this rotation as it.
Speaker 1: Hits a mopstill like.
Speaker 13: This, YES i didn't appreciate. That that's. Fantastic i'm very. Honored these guys are three great. Men they're all, different but this is, just you, know a special Time Major League, baseball certainly with The japanese players that were fortunate to have and around the, league and you, know players of all. Nationalities but, yeah it's an honor to know THAT i managed these three.
Speaker 16: Guys The dave To mars opening day for The Ontario Tower, buzzers The dodgers and new minor league. Team have you been able to see a new stadium and just the buzz around this new.
Speaker 8: TEAM i.
Speaker 13: HAVEN'T i.
Speaker 12: Heard it's.
Speaker 13: GREAT i know the group that owns, it And Alan benavitez is a friend of. Mine he's a general manager, there so you know they're going to be fled with a lot of talent and it's a great partnership And i'm. Excited i'll make my way out there at some, point BUT i haven't seen the facility yet.
Speaker 12: Show his next.
Speaker 5: Start you kind of line that as a back end of the road.
Speaker 13: Trip, yes, yep that'd be, uh it should be the last day the road.
Speaker 1: Trip.
Speaker 7: Yet all, right there's the, Manager Dave, roberts talking a lot about what's happening around The dodgers In Major League baseball the first week with the.
Speaker 4: Abs appreciate the manager's.
Speaker 7: Thoughts pre game and we continue. Here i'm wrong With Casino dodgers on. Deck we will check in with The David vessa leads up to first pitch on This, wednesday final game of the first homestead of the regular. Season Dodgers guardians first pitch From Uniclo.
Speaker 4: Field The Dodgers stadium in five to.
Speaker 7: Twenty I'm Tim kates is the back to Back World Champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 14: Network as we were, saying this Is Marongo Casino dodgers on deach on the official home Of La Dodgers.
Speaker 7: Baseball It's dodgers And, Guardians Yoshinobu, Gabamotos Gavin. Williams the pitching match Up Dodgers, baseball brought to you by Al, pato.
Speaker 4: Born In la and made for your game.
Speaker 7: Day Al poto brings Authentic mexican style, tomato, sauces salsas and hot, Sauces El Poto gourmet and a.
Speaker 6: Can Joining Tim kates On dodgers On, DECK.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they, are His.
Speaker 1: Dodger Insider david a.
Speaker 7: RIGHT Dv Last Night, Show Hey otani kind of feels like one of those nights you just want to pause and, Say, yeah this guy is pretty special what he does on the mountain at the plate.
Speaker 5: And what was so impressive that everybody's still buzzing about, Tonight. Tim that was his first start of the, season and he had such a great feel for all his, pitches including his curveball and the pitch that everybody talked about when he was pitching for The angels that he really hasn't incorporated as much is his, Sweeper but that was on point as, Well AND i Asked Blake, trenan who really uses the sweeper off his fastball as much as Any dodger, reliever if there's any similarities between his sweeper and otani.
Speaker 16: Sweeper otani throws his for strikes and his his is a lot lot. CRISPER i think you Know i've seen him throw it like eighty two up to like eighty eight eighty, nine AND i think when he's right in that wheelhouse is like eighty five eighty, six sometimes at eighty, seven it's got a lot of teeth and it just looks it's like it's like you pull the.
Speaker 4: String it's WHAT i try to chase WHEN i throw my.
Speaker 16: MIND i thought what was unique about him last Year's he had both a bullet, slider which is a little short downer that was harder like eighty eight, ninety and then he had the sweeper at like eighty five eighty, Seven and, UH i don't think there's a lot of people in baseball do, that so it was really kind of a neat thing to. See but his, sweeper His, sevarino those are two guys who. Sweper i'm on big time right. NOW i THINK i think they've got some things figured.
Speaker 5: Out can you take anything from him to incorporate in? Yours or is that you're two completely different. Pictures i'm, Sure but THEN i gotta fine.
Speaker 16: Time you, know he's working on being AN mvp. Hitter AND i saw a young pitcher and he's a he's always he's always great to talk. To it's just at the end of the. Day we all have our different, deliveries and IF i could learn something from him to clean mine up a little, Bit i'd be In But i'm in a good place right, now trying to get mine dialed back to WHERE i wanted it to be and where the team wants. It and that first outing.
Speaker 12: Here went pretty, WELL i.
Speaker 16: Think, YEAH i, agree some of the swepers are pretty pretty short and maybe not WHERE i want, him but at the end they cleaned up really. Nice so just trying to get back out there and get some consistent feel with it so that it becomes an.
Speaker 12: Afterthought you, know he just got and, throwed you know what it's going to.
Speaker 5: Do i'm Sure Blake tryon appreciated my validation right, There Tim and speaking Of, otani he struggled so far on this homestand to open up the, season he does not have an extra base, hit and he was out on the field earlier today taking batting practice on the. Field we haven't seen that in any regular season game since he joined The. Dodgers the first time we saw it when he was struggling during the postseason last, year and he came out the night before THE nlcs and took betting practice on the, field and then we all know he had that monstrous game and then we saw it in The World series as well as far as him coming out on workout nights to TAKE vp on the. Field so that's an indicator to all of us that he's not happy where he's at as a.
Speaker 7: Hitter right, Now david is brought to you By. Ford it's four Truck. Month now is the best time to get A ford. Truck hurry in because the four Truck month happens only once a. Year go to Your Southern california four. Dealers today it's The dodgers and The, Guardians game three of this three game.
Speaker 12: Set all.
Speaker 7: Right time now for The Dodger. Derby brought to you By Santa Anita. Park we're looking at, Tomorrow. David of course In santa I. Needa derby's On, saturday but tomorrow Full Slaighter. Racing we're gonna look at the for fourth race with six horses curly in.
Speaker 8: It what do you.
Speaker 5: Like, Well i'm a guy that doesn't really like to look, Ahead, tim But i'll play.
Speaker 8: Along i'll go with the number five.
Speaker 5: Horse Uncle, Happy, Okay.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go with the six, Horse none above The law something we can all.
Speaker 4: Remember none above The. Law Sant Anita Derby Tiger woodsnow.
Speaker 7: It's At Santa anita This, Saturday april fourth of millions of. Payout thank You david Full fields and exciting race action, Explored Derby, day FIVE, K Spring carnival and more experienced packages all At Santa anita Dot Com Slash.
Speaker 4: Events all, right coming up.
Speaker 7: Here On dodgers On, deck you're gonna hear From Brian, Gorman Dodger Major League Baseball. Umpire we'll also prey down this pitching. Matchup but up next For Dodgers Magical. Bama don't go, Anywhere dodgers And. Guardians I'm tim Kas is the back to back world Champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 6: Network this Is Morongo Casino dodgers hunting on.
Speaker 1: Your home For La Dodgers.
Speaker 7: Baseball it's The dodgers and The Cleveland guardians as they wrap up this three game.
Speaker 4: Series yoshud know we have a.
Speaker 7: Moto Gavin, williams the pitching, manshup first pitch sent for five.
Speaker 3: Twenty who wants the Hot it's time for The hawfey Magical. Moment It's magical presented By Hawbey Hot.
Speaker 7: Jobs, well with it Being april, first we go back To april, first twenty, thirteen thirteen years ago, today The dodgers Had Opening day at The ravine against The San Francisco. Giants Clayton kershaw made the start a complete game shutout on Opening. Day The dodgers would win the game before, nothing And kershaw got it done the plate as.
Speaker 17: Well kershaw today is zero for, two has struck out, twice and on the first pitch of fly ball to center, Field, hey that's way.
Speaker 5: Back it's on its.
Speaker 12: Twenty it's.
Speaker 8: Gone Clayton kershaw with a home.
Speaker 4: Run The dodgers.
Speaker 12: Take a one to, nothing lean over the wall and.
Speaker 8: Straight away center Field Kershaw.
Speaker 5: Kershaw's first career home.
Speaker 7: Run Clayton kershaw with a home run on Opening day thirteen years, Ago april, first twenty, thirteen and The dodgers shut out win over The. Giants, yes, kids there was a time where the pitchers did actually. Hit This Hofey magical moment brought to you by A Hofey Hot Dogs Hafey soko's local treasure for nearly one hundred.
Speaker 4: Years hofty Hot Dogs local so.
Speaker 7: Great when we continue here On dodgers On, deck we will check back in With Rick monday And Charlie. Steiner lead jump to first Pitch dodgers and The. Guardians I'm Tim kase's the back to back world Champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 6: Network this Is Marongo, Casino dodgers On.
Speaker 1: Deck on your home for The Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 7: Law it's The dodgers and The Cleveland. Guardians is The dodgers wrap up their first home stand of the regular.
Speaker 4: Season Yoshinoba, Yamamoto Gavin.
Speaker 7: Williams the pitching matchup time now for The verizon startup is we are just over thirty five minutes away from the start of the. Game, Now, verizon you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save. Big visit The hoverzon store. Today let's head over To Charlie.
Speaker 17: Steiner all, Right, tim get away night for The dodgers after they finished With.
Speaker 8: Cleveland tomorrow they fly off TO dc.
Speaker 17: Show, hey, Otany dwayne said to us just a few minutes, AGO, mo He's jordan and we are getting spoiled just watching him do what he. Does he's already a four TIME mvp winner and now he's in search of his First Cy Young, award and last night was off to a pretty good. Start it's, Amazing.
Speaker 9: Charlie six innings in his debut for twenty twenty, six eighty seven pitches was all he, registered ninety eight miles an hour in. VELOCITY i thought the curb ball was right, there something That Dave roberts was alluding to before the ball. Game would it be there with? Consistency, well it seemed to be struck out. Six, yes he walked three and hit a. Batter but, Oh, tony you just don't dare take your eyes off of, him whether he's throwing the baseball or hitting the.
Speaker 12: Baseball, charlie he's.
Speaker 17: Having so much. Fun and those of us who have the pleasure to watch him work and the guys who are playing behind, him were all in amazement at.
Speaker 8: The ability that he.
Speaker 17: Has in, fact going back to last year twenty two and two thirds consecutive shutout, innings they can't hit him at.
Speaker 9: All, no here's the other part, Too and having played the, GAME i get amazed when you start to look at the dual rules that that he's able to.
Speaker 4: Fill and here's.
Speaker 9: Why very, briefly you're getting ready as a hitter that takes a lot Of it takes a lot of, Patience it takes a lot of physical, Activity it takes a lot of studying to do. It and then, oh by the, way he's warming up in the, bullpen trying to stretch out his, arm getting ready for that end of. IT i, mean how on earth you're able to accomplish and do it exception well not just, hey pity pattern and you go ahead and do it this way or that. Way he is making a loud statement every time he's around the Baseball.
Speaker 17: Steven, vote manager click of, them said after the game last, night he had a really good. Mix it had no pattern to. It he's to this point twenty two two thirds innings of shutout ball dating back to last.
Speaker 8: Year he's. Unhittable, yeah how about the?
Speaker 9: Fact also we lose sight of the fact as a, hitter not only you have a base, hit he walked three times or, twice so he was on base three different. Times how do you keep your energy going on that end of? It takes it out after the sixth. Inning what does he do in the seventh? Inning as, now out of the, rotation he gets a base hit and it happened to be a very big base.
Speaker 4: Hit one thing about.
Speaker 9: The dodgers offense. Too otani's been setting the stage really the, top not knocking the cover off the ball as far as a batting, average but he's also a. Threat The dodgers are not having a lot of opportunities runners in scoring, position but when they get, them they're taking advantage of, it hitting well over three point fifteen in that.
Speaker 17: Situation and in the first five games so far this, season the first four hitters in The dodger lineup were hitting collectively one seventy eight one seventy. Eight the top of the. Charge the five through nine hitters are hitting three. Ten so the bottom of the barrel has risen to the. Top, Yeah i'm going to go out way on on a. Limb i'm going to predict that that top four is not going to stay in that same spot as far as not getting on base a great number of. Times when they get, hot it's going to be a whole different ballgame for opposing pitchers and for the opposing ball.
Speaker 8: Clubs and of, Course yamamoto makes the start.
Speaker 17: Tonight The dodgers make a Major league record three Consecutive japanese born pitchers pitching for The dodgers in. Order that's never happened before for any team.
Speaker 9: Anywhere, well you, know this is an international, game this is a global, game and we're starting to see it the influx of players from all over the. World you start to look at This dodger lineup representative of different. Countries on top of, it and on this road, trip we'll go TO dc tomorrow's an off day of travel day for most of the, party and then we go up To, toronto which by the, way is going to be a very interesting three game stop to go back to the scene of The World series In toronto at the second stop on this upcoming road.
Speaker 17: Trip on another note About otani before we wrap up this, segment had a single last. Night he has reached base in thirty six consecutive games as a.
Speaker 8: Hitter it's just.
Speaker 17: Remarkable so we are enjoying Really baseball's answer To Michael, jordan good, Call, dwayne and a good call For mow And tim coming up a little bit later On, Tim.
Speaker 7: Oh, charlie thank you very much appreciate. That as we lead you out to first pitch on This, Wednesday Dodgers baseball brought to you By Citio hope, preparation, precision and unrelenting commitment to being the best of what they do and that's what makes them a champion At city A, hope that commitment has one focus curing. Cancer, Yes city Of, Hope champions Of, hope make an appointment today At Citio hope Dot.
Speaker 4: Org still to.
Speaker 7: Come here On dodgers On Deck before first, pitch we'll dive deeper into this pitching. Matchup tim And rick will have the key to the. Game but up next we go high and sight with a former big league. Umpire that's Next Dodgers. Guardians first pitch at five. Twenty I'm Tim kates is the back to back world Champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 4: Network as we.
Speaker 6: Were, saying this Is Marongo, Casino dodgers on jack on the official home Of La Dodgers.
Speaker 7: Baseball dodgers getting ready to take on The Cleveland. Guardians, yosh you, know we go a Moto Gavin williams the pitching match and we'll dive deeper into the numbers between the two coming up in just a couple of. Minutes first pitch at five Twenty Dodgers baseball is brought you By Shakey's Pizza. Parlor the official pizza partner of The dodgers audio. Broadcast when it's game, night it's group night At shakey's Dot.
Speaker 6: Com and now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from A dodger.
Speaker 4: Player it's an engagement of. Endearment this is high.
Speaker 1: And, tight all.
Speaker 5: Right it's the final game of the opening home stand for The dodgers as they close out this series against The. Guardians Imber Joy night now by thirty Year Major League, umpire now working for the umpire And Major League baseball as an umpire. Observer that's the one and only Great Irish American Brian. Gorman, brian thanks a lot for the. Time appreciate.
Speaker 12: IT i love being on your.
Speaker 5: Show oh, well you're the right guy to have Around Dodgers stadium these days with this NEW abs. System what has been from your standpoint in the umpire, standpoint how has it?
Speaker 12: Gone, well this is new for.
Speaker 18: Everybody the Guys i've talked to haven't been, many you, know during spring training and the last series in this series is that it's a little. Different parameters of the strike zone are a little different because of the NEW abs system being based on the percentage of the player's, height you, know a juicy just the midpoint between the.
Speaker 12: Armpits and the.
Speaker 18: Belt right, now it's the percentage of the, height and the umpires don't know how tall each guy, is so it's you, know fifty seven point five percent of the player's height on the upper, end twenty five percent on the lower.
Speaker 12: End so it's a little.
Speaker 18: Difficult plus it's they used to have a little buffer from in and, out like you, know the width of the.
Speaker 12: Plate now it's just the straight seventeen.
Speaker 18: Inches so so the strike zone has changed a little bit in that sense that the parameters are a little. Different that's why you're seeing some, uh some challenges and pitches missing by zero point three inches and things like. That but you, know it's technology and you.
Speaker 12: Can you got to keep up with.
Speaker 5: It before we get into all, that you, know the, umpires you talk to them as they come Through Dodger, stadium how are they handling all?
Speaker 12: This, well that was their biggest.
Speaker 18: UH i wouldn't say, complain but that was their biggest worries that the parameters of the strike zone have, changed.
Speaker 12: So they have to adapt to.
Speaker 18: It eventually they'll get, there but you, know it's it's it's difficult to, say you, know fifty seven point five percent of your height when you're looking at a, guy you know that you have to be a math major figure out what the top of the.
Speaker 12: Zonus so so that's gonna be the.
Speaker 18: Adjustment and you, know life full of adjustments when it comes to, umpire and so THEY'LL i think they're doing pretty good when and you, know there's like five that maybe seven challenges of the, game and you get some of them right and some of them are just missing by.
Speaker 12: Point two point three point.
Speaker 18: One SO i, think you, know, eventually you, know Come, july there might be a little, change but who.
Speaker 5: Knows Brian, gorman Former major league, umpire is our guest now an umpire. Observer this is the one point that we talked about during the offseason that all of us have not wrapped our head around. Completely what is the strike zone For Freddie freeman compared to the strike zone For Mookie. Betts is it as exact as they want to make us.
Speaker 18: Believe, well that based on the player's height is where they're coming from the top of, zone bottom of. Zone the width stays the same for, everybody it's seventeen, inches but the taller player will have a higher strike zone than the shorter. Player the strike zone is based on his actual, swing so they've taken that into. Account but a taller player will have a taller strike, zone, yes or a player will have a smaller strike.
Speaker 5: Zone for, Example Freddy freeman standing straight, up his height is a lot different than what it is when he's in the batter's, box without.
Speaker 18: Question and then when these swings had a, pitch a lot of guys crouch a little bit lower than other. Guys but you know they've come up with this, percentage and you know they're gonna go with.
Speaker 5: It, yeah any chance that they tweak as the season goes.
Speaker 18: On they don't like to tweak during the season because that changes it as the season goes.
Speaker 12: ALONG i think most tweaking will be done in the.
Speaker 5: Offseason, Okay Brian gorman is our. Guest now we've seen the first weekend of results of percentages of. Success not surprising catchers have had the highest success. Rate did that surprise you anything surprise you from the first weekend of the, season not at.
Speaker 18: All like a homeplate umpire almost has the same views as the. Catcher that's the best view you could possibly have what a pitch coming. In hitters probably have the second best, view but they're looking at it from a side, view so that's difficult to figure out the outer and the upper and the inside. Pitch pitchers probably have the worst. One as soon as they released, it they think it's a. Strike but that's why the success rate for catchers have been the best out of the three of. Them and they're still wrong or right how you do it fifty percent of the. Time SO i heard the other fans, said you, know the umpire was so horrible we ran out of the challenges in the third.
Speaker 12: Ending i'm, like, well that doesn't make sense because he got it. Right so that's the reason why you ran out of challenge is.
Speaker 5: That's the flip side as. Well, Right this may prove that umpires are really good at their.
Speaker 12: Job look at the.
Speaker 18: Figures when you see point three percent, MISS i, mean nobody's that. GOOD i can't tell the inside of the baseball as it's coming at me at eighty eight miles an, hour if it just nixed the inside of the. Corner you, know you'd have to be a rocket scientist to figure that.
Speaker 5: Out Brian gorman is our guest former thirty Year Major league umpire and now an umpire. Observer there was some controversy in A Twins orioles game over the. Weekend how tough is it for the home plate umpire to see the pitch sure actually tap their hat if they're the ones because there's so much going. On what is the kind of routine now that every umpire has to keep an eye on for the catcher and for the picture and for the hitter to tap their hat to signal a.
Speaker 18: Challenge, yeah the guideline is to tap your, hat but also give an audio will, uh you, Know i'm challenging. It picture's too far away so he can't you, know you really can't hear. Him but and then the pitcher kind of fell up the mound a little, bit you, know got his, composure then tapped his. Hat so the picture is probably the hardest. One you know better just easily turns around and, says you, Know i'm challenging catchroll turn around and he's right in front of, you so you'll see him tap the.
Speaker 12: Hat but they have to do it.
Speaker 18: Immediately you, know everybody's saying two to three, seconds so they.
Speaker 12: Have to do it immediately.
Speaker 18: After if they don't do it immediately after you're not going to accept the. Challenge they don't want guys to looking to dug out and say challenge.
Speaker 12: It that's that's all reason behind.
Speaker 18: That but picture's probably the hardest one because he's he's right at the end of his, delivery he sees the. Call then you kind of have to get from a little time to get his composure to have his.
Speaker 5: Hat and The dodgers have a team game plan to not allow their pitchers to. Challenge it's all on the, catcher Specifically Will, smith who's in there more than. Not for some of these. Reasons BEFORE i let you, go you're a fan of the, game you're a Former major league. Umpire you've seen the way crowds here At Dodgers stadium on this first homestand have reacted to seeing the pitch coming in and whether or not it hits the strike. Zone what has been your reaction to the way fans.
Speaker 18: REACT i think it's kind of interesting because it really adds a whole another layer of strategy. INVOLVED i, mean fans are gonna get met at the players for, challenging and then then they get mat at players for not. Challenging so you, know if you have a situation in the first, thing nobody on two outs and somebody challenges and loses.
Speaker 12: It you're gonna.
Speaker 18: BOOM i, mean you're not gonna watch that challenge to be lost because you might need it the seventh any when you got a guy on second and third and one. Out so it's a whole another layer of. Strategy And i've already seen you, know Flans. GO i can't believe he did he didn't challenge, it OR i can't believe he did challenge that. One so it's kind of fun in the sense that there's more, strategy no.
Speaker 5: Doubt, hey we're in The Tommy lasorta part of the press. BOX i love hearing your stories about different. Managers do you have one story that sticks out About Tommy Lasorda while you were, umpiring.
Speaker 12: He was one of my first.
Speaker 18: Ejections HE i was working the plate and he didn't like a few PICTURES i, called and he. LOOKED i looked over to him and, he you, know he held up, two and then you, know a couple of pictures, LATER i looked, over he holds up three like, that how many he THINKS i? Missed so you, KNOW i ejected, him and then after the, game reading in the paper the other, day he said something, Like, OH i really liked his. Dad i'm not too crazy about his.
Speaker 5: SON i wonder How Tommy lasorda would react to THE. Abs oh he.
Speaker 18: Would he would be having, headaches but he'd be pounding his head so.
Speaker 5: Much, brian thanks a lot for giving us so much needed insight on how this is working out with The abs the first week of the opening, series and look forward to seeing you all season. Long so thank you for the.
Speaker 12: Time thank, you thanks for being on.
Speaker 5: PREY i like you more than your dad or just as. Much thank you very. Much Brian gorman has been our. Guest we'll send it back.
Speaker 12: To you in the.
Speaker 4: Studio tim all, right thanks LOUD Dv Brian gorman one of the good.
Speaker 7: Guys great to get an umpire's perspective here on THE abs a weekend of the baseball season leading up to First Pitch dodgers And guardians on This, Wednesday First pitching five twenty. Up, next we'll dive deeper into this pitching. Matchup don't go. Anywhere I'm Tim, kasey the back to back world Champion Dodgers audio.
Speaker 6: Nowhere, well this Is Wrongo Casino Dodgers hunts on your home For La Dodgers, Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers And guardians first Pitching Uniclo field At Dodger, stadium coming up at five to.
Speaker 6: Twenty and now before The dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by Her Toyota. Dealers we make it.
Speaker 7: Easy Gavin williams on the, mound twenty six year old right hander from her first round pick out Of East carolina ohen one with a five FORTY, era enjoyed a breakout campaign in twenty twenty, five held opponents to below a two to ten batting, average held opponents to a one fifty eight clip with runners in scoring. Position his first outing up In seattle last. Week five, innings three, runs two, hits seven, strikeouts but he walked. Six that's why he picked up the. Loss this is his fourth career start against The. Dodgers owen three with a thirteen to oh THREE. Era Yoshinobu yamamoto on the mound for The. Dodgers twenty seven year old right hand in his third, season making his second start of the. Year, remember he picked up the victory one and zero with a THREE era after the opening day start against The Arizona, diamondbacks where he went six. Innings he allowed two runs on five hits and struck out six in the. Win he's facing The guardians now for the second time in his major league. Career Yoshanobu Yamamoto Gavin. Williams the pitching Matchup dodgers And. Guardians we're fifteen minutes away first. Pitch keys to the game are. Next I'm Tim kateson's the back to back world Champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 6: Network this Is Marongo Casino dodgers On tap.
Speaker 1: On your home for The blue all season.
Speaker 4: Long it's The dodgers And Cleveland.
Speaker 7: Guardians Yoshinobu Yamamoto Gavin, williams both making their second starts of this. Season as we get you ready for the start of the game with The sapporo.
Speaker 4: Starts, yeah great. Moments start With Sapporo. Beer whatever your taste.
Speaker 7: Preference saporo has you covered with a priety of crispin refreshing, loggers including light and non alcoholic.
Speaker 4: Beers saporo good with, sushi great with.
Speaker 7: Baseball back out to the booth one final, time before first, Pitch Tim Neverttrick, Monday, guys.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Again, Tim we count you down to the first pitch tonight At Uniclo field At Dodgers, Stadium dodgers And guardians wrapping up this three game. Set Gavin williams owen one for The. Guardians last time For Gavin williams against The, mariners his first start of the, year he tied a career high with six, walks and the career high that he tied, well it was last season against The dodgers.
Speaker 8: When he walked.
Speaker 2: Six so he's been having some control, issues but in the meantime he is still very, effective especially against left handed.
Speaker 9: Hitters you, know here's the thing with The WILLIAMS a couple of. Things first of, all there are only ten starting pitchers in baseball that average a higher velocity ninety six point six to be.
Speaker 8: Exact that being, said WHAT i.
Speaker 9: Found a little strange and looking at it earlier, today you look at last year non, fastballs so get away from the. Fastball just a one forty seven batting average Against. Williams that's the lowest of any starting. Pitchers so, well he's got the plenty of gas in the tank in the. Velocity it was the off speed stuff that really got him out of jams last.
Speaker 2: Year and For, yamamoto his second start of the season allowed two runs and six, innings striking out six in the eight two went Over arizona on Opening. Day he's been fabulous all the way through spring, training The World Baseball. Classic yamamoto is right on track and he hasn't waivered since he had his great playoff run.
Speaker 12: And did not issue a.
Speaker 9: Walk with the six strikeouts in those six innings that he, pitched gave up a home. Run one of the quick note About Gavin, williams be very aware if you're runner at second. Base why DO i bring that? Up, WELL i found some interesting numbers On Gavin. Williams there was nobody in baseball that attempted more pickoffs at second base than What Gavin williams did a season. Ago that was thirteen different pickoff. Attempts be alive and be ready for pickoffs if you get there tonight.
Speaker 8: Shorterly at second.
Speaker 2: Base maybe tonight for The dodger base runners got to get a bunch of the Second they didn't have too many there. Yesterday he still managed four, runs but The dodger pitching staff right. Now ganni's a small sample, size only five, games but they have a STAFF era of two. Sixty where does that? Rank that ranks third in? Baseball The yankees have the best at sixty, one and then it's The braves at two.
Speaker 8: Twenty so the staff's done.
Speaker 2: Well the only blemish from the bullpen was When Justin robleski a couple of days ago coming in, relief gave up a few. Runs but other than that and The diaz giving up the run last night in the, ninth things have been pretty solid for The dodger.
Speaker 8: Bullpen pick up a win.
Speaker 9: Tonight it's going to be a very interesting road Trip Nation's capital On, friday and then returning to the scene of The World series In. Toronto indeed interesting.
Speaker 2: Line up's the first pitch From Dodger stadium coming?
Speaker 8: Up Tim all, right.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys when the game is.
Speaker 7: Over guess What i'll be back with you with post game all the reaction to highlights and of Course dodger talk as. Well it's the final game of the opening Homestand dodgers looking to go out on a winning note and win this series against The. Guardians Yoshinobu yama vote on the. Mound first pitch is. Next I'm Tim katz is the back to back world. Champion Dodgers Audio network