Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 2: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 2: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 5: Now your pregame host of the world Champion La Dodgers, Tama Cats.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck on this Tuesday night, May twenty six. A cool afternoon, gonna be a cool evening here in southern California. The clouds are out, the wind is blowing. Good time to bring a jacket out to the ravine as your Dodgers sit at thirty four and twenty on this season, first place attapy NL West, a two and a half game lead in the division going into play tonight. After thanking the series opener last night against Colorado, They're back at it tonight with Eric lower the newest Dodger on the mound, making his debut. First pitch from Uniclove Field that Dodgers Datium was coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts, get his pregame thoughts on this Dodgers team and new look lineup for Dave Roberts, we'll hear from him. Coming up in about twenty minutes, we'll preview this pitching matchup David Vassego's one on one with Alex Call. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA. In a just a few minutes, we head out to the gallpin Ford Broadcast booth with Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday, who is back from Cooperstown, New York. Well, last night, the Dodgers fell behind, only to see them come back for the eighteenth time this year and get a victory. The Dodgers, though, actually jumped out to the early one nothing lead. It was the nine hitter. An old familiar face back had it last night, making his twenty twenty six debut. Key Hernandez the AMPM app Let's play ball, AMPM.
Speaker 6: There's a line drive baship headed toward the third base, now into the left field corner. Now on his way home and scoring is Kim Hernandez with a double. Welcome back kek hernandeis.
Speaker 2: Key k Hernandez. The RBHI double in the bottom half of the third inning got the Dodgers on the board. Welcome back Key k Indeed, he's been on the injured list after having offseason elbow surgery. He is back and he is back to being Key k giving the Dodgers a one to nothing lead. However, in the top of the fourth inning, the Rockies would get after Image she and they put a two spot up on the board. They added one more in the seventh off of Kyle Hurt, ending the thirty eight consecutive scoreless inning streaks for the Dodgers' bullpen. That's okay, though, Everything's got to come to an end. The Dodgers were down three to one going to the bottom half of the seventh inning when they got it on the board on a fielder's choice for show Hey Otani that made it a three to two game. Mookie Betts tied it with a sack fly to left, scoring Hasan Kim that made it a three to three game. Then Freddie Freeman gave the Dodgers the lead and show.
Speaker 7: Hey, figured you can't throw the two bases at once, so he's gonna take second. Get himself with the scoring position for Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 8: Freddie swings HiT's a drive to right and team this ball heading back toward the wall.
Speaker 1: It is off the wall.
Speaker 8: Show Ham out third, he'll score and in the second base with his five hundred and sixty second career double is Freddie Freeman and the Dodgers have pulled in front four to three.
Speaker 2: Freddy Freeman here in the chant to Dodger Stadium, delivers with an RBI double scoring Show hey, and that is the top tier play of the game, brought to by Arco quality, top tier gash for less Andy Pie within RBI single to center that scored Freeman. The Dodgers in the seventh put up a four spot as they take the lead and never look back. Alex Vesia came in to pitch, Will Climb and then Blake trying to pitch the ninth inning got a strikeout ball game over. Dodgers their eighteenth comfort behind win beat the Rockies last night five to three. Kyle Hurt gets the winning relief of Imaggan, who went six innings, pitched well, gave up just the two runs on five hits while striking out eight along the way. Dodgers, with the win, now thirty four and twenty on this season, they pick up a game on the Padres, who lost. With the Dodgers now two and a half games up in the NL West, and tonight they look to keep the winning going with the newest Dodger, Eric lower the left hander on the mound, making his Dodgers' debut first pitch at seven to ten and with more we head out to the galloping four broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neffert and Rick Monday. Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: We were getting ready for the start of game two of this three game series the Dodgers and the Rockies. Dodgers winning last night by a five to three score, coming from behind the seventh inning with four runs to do it. They're thirty four and twenty, two and a half games on top of the San Diego Padres in the National League West. They now lead the Rockies by fourteen and a half. The Rockies fifteen under five hundred and twenty and thirty five They have lost nineteen of their last twenty six, seven of the last nine, and they have been outscored on the road this year one thirty nine to one twelve. The Rockies have had a really miserable month. They're dealing with injuries, not only on the pitching staff, but as far as their offense is concerned. A number of their starters are out and they lost TJ. Rumfield last night who was hit on the right hand with a pitch. He is not in the lineup here tonight. Kyle Freeland will make the start the left hander for the Rockies for the Dodgers, Eric Lower. Dodgers acquired him on the seventeenth of May from the Blue Jays, and he'll make his Dog debut. So battle of Leptes and guys who've been around a little bit mo. Last night a win for the Dodgers in Game one. They've won eight straight at home now against Colorado.
Speaker 9: You know, I thought also, And now we're one third of the way through the season. Exactly thirty three percent of the season is under the belt for the Dodgers, thirty four and twenty and with that win last night, the eighteenth come from behind victory, and I think that really speaks volumes of what this ball club has been able to do and the approach that they have able to come up with big opportunities and then cast them in. Or the one thing that I think caught everybody's attention to the Dodger bullpen. Oh they're not totally clean, because they finally gave up a run last night. The Dodgers bullpen did the first since the thirteenth of May, the first and twelve games, and in that period of time, collectively the bullpen is zero point two to three eer and a bat batning average against a barely one hundred.
Speaker 7: It's still really really good tonight. A change in the lineup. Mookie that's not hitting in the number two spot he has been struggling since coming off the injured list twelve games ago. He will bat in the cleanup spot, a place that he's not hit in a batting order since he was with Boston in late September of twenty seventeen.
Speaker 9: You know, I thought it was interesting also, Tim, as you and I were listening to Dave Roberts talking with the media a little bit earlier. So look, we shook up the lineup a little bit, maybe to get Mookie a different look. Not batting second, knows that he's not going to have to bat the second guy up in that very first ending of the ballgame. Move him down a little bit, let him observe, see what's going to be happening. A new adjustment, aduce spot in the lineup. Does it always work? No? But why not try it right now?
Speaker 7: Look, Hee did take batting practice on the field this afternoon. We'll see if that changes his luck. But Dave Roberts did say that he's been grinding right now, quote unquote excessively working to try to find his swing once again. A couple of sim games pitched here today. Evan Phillips said he felt good after pitching a simulated game here this after noon. Brock Stewart on the way back. Phillips will have one more sim game and then he'll go out on a rehab. Tommy Edmond beginning a rehab. He'll play five innings tonight with Oklahoma City at second base. So the Dodgers starting to get some guys back, even more so now they've got Key Key Hernandez back.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm doing The good news is the Miguel Rojas hit by pitch last night. He's limping around a while. He's in the line. You're going to play at second base. There is some concern now, don't know the depth of it as far as with Max Munsey is going to miss his fourth consecutive game hit by a pitch on the right risk. Saw him take batting practice a little bit of or Olympic right risk is taped up a little bit. It didn't look like he was trying to get in a home run hitting contest. But he's getting better and better. The question is how much better is he getting and how much longer is it going to take for him to get to a position where he feels good enough to play in a game?
Speaker 7: Left the Eric Klower makes his Dodger debut. Kyle Freeland will counter for Colorado.
Speaker 2: Timp All right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get that game day meal on and Shaky's Parlor. What are your Shaky's pizza, shakin and Mojo's right now at Shaky's Dodge com coming up here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You are gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We will check in with DV of course throughout the hour. We got your magical moment coming up. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. We're gonna hear from Alice call, but I'm next to your Otani rewind and we'll visit with sports and at LA's Kirston Watson her thoughts on this Dodgers team in this game tonight. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Rockies first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim kas Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and the Colorado Rockies, Game two of this three game series. Eric Lower and Kyle frieler the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up seventen.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewinde.
Speaker 6: Now Here is Otani first pitch line down the right field line.
Speaker 2: It's fair, It's gonna roll to the corner. It's gonna be at least a double for O'tani.
Speaker 6: He arrives at second base safely with a stand up two bay shits.
Speaker 1: To begin the Dodger offensive.
Speaker 2: Bombslough Shoey o'tani with the double there in the first inning, his twelfth of the season. He would go one for three runs, scored on base twice with a walk, get into a fielder's choice to score a run as well. As The Dodgers beat the Rockies last night in the series opener five to three.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Kirson and joins us from the stadium. Brought to you by Cars for Kids, Carsfrokids dot Org. Is the Dodgers square off against the Rockies. Eric Lower on the mound for the Dodgers, the newest Dodger left ender making his debut.
Speaker 10: He sure is, and you know what, that's the big question is what is what are we expecting from Eric Glower today? We know that he is pretty much built up. Dave Roberts said that his last outing around eighty pitches, so they do feel comfortable with him hopefully getting through about five, potentially even six innings of work if he can be efficient. But for Eric, as he comes to this team, we know the guy who's with the Blue Jays. He saw him of course in the postseason in the World series, we know that he was someone who had impact and you know, could be that lefty killer on the mound, and so who he is this year though, is a little bit different. They're hoping that the history they can tap back into that guy that he has been in the past. This year, the numbers are not ideal when you look at just kind of who he was with the Blue Jays, who was giving up a lot of the long ball. The ra is high up over six and so right now, the hope is that with the change of scenery with him working with the pitching coaches. I was talking to Connor McGuinness about Eric when he first came over and asking, you know, what are you guys hoping to change? What are you hoping to see? And he was just saying he really believes that it's a few things mechanically, but most of it it's more actually pitch selection, and so working with catchers like Will Smith with Dalen Rushing, they do believe that they can unlock something in him. So the hope is that he can really start to get things going today and be an impact in this rotation while we are waiting for a couple of guys to come back from injury.
Speaker 2: Dodgers' lineup looks a little different tonight. Kirston and the Dodgers and Dave Roberts been doing that lately, right shift the things around they.
Speaker 10: Have, you know, it allows guys to have some different looks, takes a little bit of pressure off with Mookie bets and specific So we've typically been seeing him in the two hole since he's come back from the il with that oblique strain, things just haven't looked right for him at the plate. Now there is the catch though he's making contact, he's putting the ball in the air. We've seen the ball primarily going to the outfield. It's just not deep enough to go over the wall, and so that's just kind of that missing piece. But it feels like he's close, just not there just yet. So Dave Roberts has said that, you know, obviously with Mookie, he puts a lot of pressure on himself. He wants to be successful, he wants to contribute to this team. We did see the Bassac fight last night, so that was great, but he wanted to put him in a.
Speaker 1: Position where he can take a little bit of pressure off.
Speaker 10: So by moving him to the four hole today, putting Andy pas in the two hole because Andy Paz has been excellent at the plate, taking really good at bats. He just hopes that this can be a little bit of a shakeup that allows Mookie to just get back on track, maybe with one less at bats, one less thing to worry about. So look, it worked very well with Tay Oskar, who we saw he had moved down to kind of that eight, seven to eight hole. Now he's working his way back up and he's gotten back on track. And even Kyle Tucker, I think is a perfect example. They moved him to the five ish hole and that has worked out very well for him as well.
Speaker 2: Dodgers getting healthy at the right time. More on that coming up in the injury report hereson. We appreciate that we'll check in with you after the game. Still to come here, I'm wrongo because you know, Dodgers on deck, David Vassa goes one on one with Alex call. But up next, we'll get you that injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts as he leads up to Dodgers and Rockies on this Tuesday night first pitch at seven to ten. I'm Tim Kas's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Tuesday. As we leave, jump to first pitch. Bundle up if you're heading out the ravine. Kind of cool out this afternoon. Getting into this evening Dodgers and Rockies Game two of this three game series. Marongo Casino Resort and Spy a Grand Slam, four good times. Eric Lower making his Dodger debut first pitch at seven ten.
Speaker 5: This is the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report, presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Max Mounsey still not in the lineup with the sore right wrist after getting hit on the wrist on Friday night at Milwaukee. Tyler Glass now is throwing off flat ground. That is good news. Jack Dryer on the il with the left shoulder discomfort. Brock Stewart is running. That is good news. He's got a bone spur in his left foot. Edwin Diaz is beginning a throwing program recovering from elbow surgery last month, Tommy Edmond is going to go out on a minor league rehab assignment. That is certainly good news. He's a few weeks away. Ben Casparius landing that, Gavin Stone, Evan Phillips, Bruce dar graderle all the I l Evan Phillips trending in the right direction. A couple more bullpen sessions, and then he will head out on a minor league rehab assignment. All right, let's head back out to the ravine and check out with the Dodger Skipper.
Speaker 1: DA Questions for Dave Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 5: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: You know, I'm as anxious as everyone. We've seen Eric from the other side for years, and really good competitor. He's got a little edge to him. I'm sort of neutral guy. He hasn't pitched in a couple of weeks, and I'm not sure what levers are are guys we're trying to work with them on. I think a little bit is kind of a wait and see you get them, and you don't want to kind of tinker too much before he makes a start. So I'm as anxious as everyone is.
Speaker 5: Do you expect that he's in.
Speaker 1: A position that he can go deeper into this game or you kind of see a bit like maybe five innings, six little bit.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, I guess to be determined, but I think the last time he threw was a couple weeks ago. He got up to eighty pitches, So I just don't know how. You know, I know he's fresh, but how much stamina he has, so we'll kind of read and react. I think for me, it's a you see, he's not swinging well. You see, he's kind of there's a little bit more anxiousness, tentativeness, and I think for me is just to kind of give him a different look. I think that you know, when you're hitting at the top of the order and you're taking on five at bats in a night and you're not swinging well, it's it can be a lot to take on. So I feel that, you know, moving him down a couple of slots just gives them a different look and you know, look forward to taking four bats and make the most of them.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's the manager Dave Roberts talking about Eric Lauer making his debut tonight and Mookie Betts dropping down even the lineup. More on that with David Vat say, when we continue here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, lead you out to first pitch from Unicolo Field to Dodger Stadium. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rocky is squaring off game two of his three games set Eric Alawer Kyle Frielan The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball, brought to you by El Pato, born in La and made for your game. Dal Pateo brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your plate. El Poto Gormee in a.
Speaker 1: Can joining Tim Cates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider, David. That's sick all right, DV.
Speaker 2: We've seen this already this season. Dave Roberts kind of mixing in the lineup up a little bit outside of the normal wine up we thought we'd see all season long, and tonight's one of those cases. Mookie Betts dropped in the order.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mentioned this a couple of times yesterday that talking to Kenny Landro, who you know, obviously hasn't played in a while but has played the game a long time, he said, you can't judge Mookie Betts until he has between one hundred and one hundred and fifty at bats under his spelt, especially after missing over a month with the right obleague string, which is fair, but I feel like that's tough to do when he's hitting second and only hitting a buck sixty five. Last night was not a good night for Mookie Bets. He had an opportunity to move sho Heo Tani to third base in the very first inning, with him struggling and trying to get the ball to the right side. Instead, he was just worried about himself an intent on trying to pull for power. So it's just not there for him right now. The batting practice watching it with Nomar Garciapara today not the same as other players you watch Will Smith step in the cage compared to Mookie Betts, the sound off the bats not the same, So This lowers him and maybe takes a little pressure off of him, But until he gets into baseball shape, I don't think you can judge him just yet.
Speaker 2: David has brought to you by Ford here for those who build America, especially those who believe that giving everything today will pay off tomorrow, those who drive American Ford for two hundred and fifty years to come right now. Ford is offering employee pricing everyone American value for American values, go to your Southern California four dealers or visit by Ford now dot com. I'm anxious, David to see Eric Lauer make his Dodger debut tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we all want to see what the Dodgers got. But the biggest reason why they brought him in is to maintain the health of their other starters and keep this six man rotation so you can have show Heyo Tani pitch.
Speaker 2: Only once a week.
Speaker 4: He does have a history going back to the padres with Dodger pitching coach Mark Pryor. Had a chance to catch up with Mark about what tweaks the Dodgers may or may not have done in preparation for this first start.
Speaker 12: It helps that out we have a history together. You know, that definitely helps, you know, kind of bridge the gap and maybe speed some of the process up. But you know, like you know, we've said to other people it was like there's still like, you know, we haven't been involved in his you know, his pitching career since you know, I mean nobody here has I have for like, you know, a year and a half. So there's a lot of things that you know, you need to understand of like where's he been, what's he done once he tried? You know, where's he at in this current you know, process of his career. So that still is you know, like any pitcher that we get middle of the season or even in the off season, you still have to kind of identify those things because things that we might suggest he maybe he's already tried and didn't work, and so we're just trying to like go through the process and kind of check you know us do our normal process and then obviously make sure in the middle of the season and that he's ready to continue to pitch games. So I definitely think the relationship helps from those conversations, but you still have to kind of go through some of your due diligence to make sure you're doing doing.
Speaker 3: It the right way.
Speaker 13: You guys get more on mechanical stuff, for like pitch usage, a little bit of both, you know, definitely, I think the usage and kind of just flushing out the arsenal and how he wants to use it, how he's been using it, and to see, you know, how that plays going forward.
Speaker 12: I think those things are those adjustments are much more easier to make them kind of on the fly. The delivery stuff, you know, probably would be a little bit more of a slow play. But yeah, definitely trying to do both of those at the same time.
Speaker 4: So for the here and now, Mark Pryor is saying, the Dodgers want to see lower playoff is fastball, and then they'll go back into the bullpen in between starts and figure out what else they have to tweak.
Speaker 2: Well, this Dodgers' pitching staff has been pretty good. The coaching staff has been even better at getting these guys and setting them up in the right positions. David appreciate it. We'll check back with you in just a couple of minutes. Great stuff still to come here on Wrongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck will dive deep into this pitching matchup, but up next for Dodgers Magical Moment. Don't You Go Anywhere? Dodgers and Rockies On this Tuesday Night on Tim Kates is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rockies getting ready to square off at the Ravine. Eric Lower making his Dodger debut. Kyle Freeland, longtime Rocky. We'll go for Colorado. First pitch coming up at sevent ten.
Speaker 5: Dog who wants the hot cod It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment.
Speaker 1: Bitch Magical by Hawpy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Well, the Dodgers take it on the Rockies. We go back to September twenty second, twenty twenty four, Dodgers in the middle of a pennant race against the San Diego Padres at home and taking on the Rockies. The Dodgers found themselves down five to four going to the bottom half of the ninth Innan show. Hey Otani hit a home run to deep center field four hundred and thirty two feet that would tie the game at five, and for Otani that was home run number fifty three. The game was tied. Mookie Betts call ball.
Speaker 7: Game oh two, pitch to Moki east Wings hits a drive deep left.
Speaker 2: It's heading back to the wall.
Speaker 3: This ball is gone.
Speaker 1: It's gone, It's gone.
Speaker 3: A walk up winner. Komulkie Betts and the Dodgers come on the way back to win it six to five. Betts with a blast and a mokey moment on a Sunday and Broon and the Dodgers win their ninety third game.
Speaker 1: Of the season.
Speaker 8: Oh what a beautiful ending on a beautiful Sunday afternoon on.
Speaker 7: A Dodgers.
Speaker 14: Back to back home runs in the bottom of the night and the Dodgers take this series two games to one and remain three games aheadle of Podreys with a day.
Speaker 2: Off coming tomorrow.
Speaker 7: But Oh, Tony Tizan and BET's wins.
Speaker 2: It ninth and in dramatics with back to back home runs to walk off the Rockies. September twenty twenty four, the Dodgers there a six to five when this Hofey magical moment brought to my Hofey hot Dogs Haffey Stoakhow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Hofey hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check back in with Rick Monday fresh office trip to Cooperstown Hall of Fame coming up ten minutes. We'll hear from Alex Call Dodger Alfielders. We leave you up to first pitch Dodgers and Rockies. I'm Tim Katis is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, your son tech on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rocky is squaring off game two of this three game set. Eric Lower, the left hander, makes his Dodgers debut. First bitch coming up at seven ten. As we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Time now for the Verizon Startup. Now Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Horizon store today.
Speaker 5: And now joined by David Basse, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Well, it's great to have Rick Monday back and we all can't wait to hear Rick. How your weekend was. Your Memorial Day weekend was in Cooper's Town.
Speaker 9: Well, it was busy, David, and my congratulations and thanks to financial Baseball Hall of Fame Josh Rowis the president. Finally the flank was put on a display. The display that they had, you know, we've been talking about this for fifteen months and his people back there. The display that they built for the flag was terrific. Did they put in a loop the video that Tom Ronaldi also did. We did that about a month ago, so it kind of explains that entire thing. But truly, for any baseball fan, if you have thought about trying to connect or find out more about the game, you need to go to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown. Not the easiest place in the world to get to. You're going to fly into Albany and then it's about an hour and a half drive on that end of it. But it is absolutely sensational. We got to see some other areas, including going down into the big vault where they have over forty thousand items that you know, not just those on display, everything else that is their backlog. Because the game of baseball is so well documented, David, we talked many times about, you know, a site that we go to and being able to pick out because you can go back, say fifty years ago, be able to select a certain game in a certain day, you can see exactly who did what, who the umpires were, what the temperature was that particular day. I mean, it's just so well documented. To go back there and meet those people that put not just it's not just a job for them, it's a love for them. And to see one of the folks also that had a hand in building the display, and again we talked for months and months at how they were going to be doing it. To see that one of those people, as the public finally came in in tears because of the pride that they take. But when it took us downstairs, got to actually hold the bat wearing gloves and protecting and the last bat that Ted Williams lou used his final bat in Major League Baseball, where by the way, he hit a home run right Pine tarn still on the bat. To be able to see those different things, and they said, well, are there a couple players in the past as you like to see either their jerseys or their caps, or maybe if they had the gloves. I said, yes too. One of them was Joe DiMaggio to be able to do that, and the other was Gabby Hartman. So it is again you know, one area is all the bats in other were gloves, and that's just the archives is stored. And oh, by the way, that there was also a military game. Unfortunately it was rained down after the first inning. There's a home run derby that took place, but a chance to really kind of bond. And even though we've been around the game for a long time, I walked away feeling even closer to the game of baseball just going there. It is a magnificent place, and I know that on the back burner. You know, there's negotiations for the labor If they have difficulty in coming down from one side to the other, they should force them to go to Cooperstown and make them sit at a table in the Hall of Fame and discuss how they're going to protect the game of baseball.
Speaker 4: I love that. That's a great idea, Rick, And here's something I took for granted. We may have taken for granted had you ever been to the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 9: I've been there two other times, but this was the first time they really had an in depth tour of it as well, so they had the military game again the Hall of Fame. They had the Hall of Fame players there. We had a delightful dinner with some of us one night on top of it, and then there was also a golf tournament on Sunday, which, by the way, we played in the rain. And I also want to just give kudos to my teammates in that golf tournament because they finished first. I just was tagging along with them.
Speaker 4: Hey, you're a great caddy in that respect, right driving.
Speaker 7: The golf cars.
Speaker 9: I've attended a lot of deals, but it's called the Hall of Fame for a lot of reasons. I've never been to one more organized that they had to do twists and turns because of rain, and boy, they just had it one, two three. It's terrific And it's a magical town because you're going through really a time warp to go back to this magnificent little village, if you will, that the city of Cooperstown sitting on an absolutely beautiful lake.
Speaker 4: Last question for you, when you saw the flag that you say fifty years ago on the exhibit that they put together, what was it like to see it like that? Because you have never allowed it to be presented that way to the public.
Speaker 9: It's the first time out there. I was overwhelmed by it. I was humbled by the attention that it captured because people wanted to see it, and it was just it was overpowering to be able to see something like that. The nice thing is is that that flag still has a life fifty some years later, and if anything else in this day and age, I hope we can all get a little bit closer and go arm in arm because there's a lot of territory that we need to move forward together.
Speaker 7: With no doubt.
Speaker 4: Great spots.
Speaker 9: I'll see again. Hey, great to see you too right Away're gonna be stuck with me tomorrow too.
Speaker 4: Okay, sounds good. We're happy you're back.
Speaker 2: Did you miss me almost?
Speaker 9: I'll get back to you.
Speaker 2: We'll send it back to in the studio.
Speaker 9: Tim.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks a lot of DV. Great to hear about. A fantastic weekend there for Rick Monday, well deserved in Cooperstown, New York. If you have n't been to upstate New York, check it out. It is a bucket listing to do. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium, Uniclo dot Com, slash us still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, We'll get you a preview this pitching matchup. We'll be back with Tim Neverck gets you the keys of the game. But I'm next go high and tie with Alex call. It's the Dodgers and the Rockies. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Rockies. Game two of this three games set Eric Lauer on the mount. First pitch coming up at seven ten as Eric Lauer makes his Dodgers debut. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's group night, it's game night and Shakey's Dot Com.
Speaker 5: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 4: We're joined right now by one of my favorite guys. He's always prepared. You can make a pawn on his last name, first call, last call, calls all the time. That's the one and only Alex call. Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Dave, if you got answering the call, you've got last call, you know, whatever it is, there's I've heard them all pretty much.
Speaker 4: Hey, you answer the call all the time. I watched you today. So much preparation goes into a day when you're not even starting, taking the ball off the bat and batting practice all three outfield spots, taking batting practice, facing live BP to help Evan Phillips and Brock Stewart. Is this just a Dan the life of Alex call, Yeah it is.
Speaker 15: You know, it's a blessing to be able to be on this team and play Major League Baseball and do what I do. And there's just so much that goes into it. You know, everybody, every single kid, wants to be in my position, and you can't take that for granted. You have to go and attack every day with the mindset of, Hey, I got to earn my keep today. I gotta find a way to get better. I gotta find a way to prepare myself for the next opportunity that's gonna be be my way.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 15: Bottom line is, you know, I I don't always know what I'm gonna play, when I'm gonna get called on, when I'm gonna start, And because of that, this game is about results. This game is about how you produce on the field. So it doesn't matter when they call you, what the game situation is or what's going on. It's my job to produce at a major league level. And you know, if you don't do that, then you leave the door open for you know, something else. And so preparation is the most important thing. And understanding that and taking that to heart and just being having it be a part of your routine and your day makes it easy and keeps you focused.
Speaker 4: What goes into why you go out to the outfield in the corners and center field to take you know, shag during while your teammates are are taking batting practice.
Speaker 15: Yeah, well as the out field, Like, the best work you can do is live reads off the bat in batting practice. So this is a cherished time, I would say, because it's really the best practice you can do. And you know, nowadays with how they evaluate outfielders, how they evaluate everybody on defense, there's never been more data available for every single play. Every single play gets graded, Every single play can carry an enormous weight for the amount of value that you provide for the team. And so trying to get the best reps possible via the best means of practice with batting practice live reads off the bat is how you can get better, stay sharp, and be ready for the game. So understanding like, hey, every single ball off the bat is an opportunity for me to create value for the team, and I have to be ready for every one of those in every position. So I like to rotate around all three. You know, might not get all free one day, but over the course of the week to try to touch all three.
Speaker 4: Alex calls our guests before first pitch between the Dodgers and Rockies. Got to ask you about that insane play last week in San Diego. Mason Miller, Aaron throw, You're at first base. Do you feel like you got picked off there and you were fortunate? How do you look back at it now that we've had a week to kind of digest it all.
Speaker 15: I mean, I was obviously, you know, if he makes a good throw, I'm gonna be in a pickle there, and the odds are never literally right, Yeah, the odds are never favorable.
Speaker 2: But here's the deal.
Speaker 15: You know, against you know, one of the best pitchers in the game who's been electric, had a ton of success, and nobody's really had success off of him. We got a guy on base with one out, and the bottom line is how are we going to find a way to how are we going to find a way to score a run? So getting those extra ninety feet in a situation where we've had scouted looks, we know what he looks like, we know what he does, we know what his tendencies are. But that's just the information. The information is the information. You trust it, but no information is one hundred percent. So I trusted my eyes, I trusted the read of what we had, and I.
Speaker 2: Went with it. And it didn't.
Speaker 15: You know, something happened that we weren't expecting. But hey, he would throw an air and throw and we were trying, you know, not force the issue, but hey, we're trying to win the game.
Speaker 2: We're trying to win the game. We're trying to.
Speaker 15: Catch from off balance, and maybe that was just enough for him to get off balance and got over to third base. And then Andy had a great at bat and be able to get the sackfly. So you know it's a calculated risk. Obviously, you never want to get picked off. But in a situation where hey, that ninety feet matters, we're gonna have a tough time putting a few hits together on this guy. Anyway, you know, let's.
Speaker 4: Go for it.
Speaker 15: And so then you just trust the data, trust your eyes, and luckily it worked out.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot for the time, Alex. Always great to catch up with you.
Speaker 15: Yeah, no problem, Dave.
Speaker 4: There he is the man. Alex Call has been our guest and he'll receive a gift card to Capitol Grill. Capitol Grill in Burbank. That's the place to be, an upscale, relaxed spot with a great bar and great steaks. Last call at Capitol Grill with Alex Call, we'll send it back to you.
Speaker 9: Tim.
Speaker 2: All right, I've got a good call for a graduation dinner. That'd be a perfect spot to go to the Capitol Grill right here in Burbank by the Dodgers Studios. Perfect spot for that grad night celebration. All right, as we leaves up to first pitch, Dodgers and Rockies up next, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Katz's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rockies. First pitch from Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium is coming up sevent.
Speaker 5: Ten and now before the Dodgers hit the Dineck, we look at the pitching matchup to you.
Speaker 2: Buy your Toyota dealers. We make it easy. Kyle Frieland on the mound for the Rockies one to five, seven oh four, Ero, a thirty three year old left hander, now in his tenth season in the Big leagues, all with the Rockies. He holds the Rockies franchise record with two hundred and thirty ninth career starts, rings, second in career innings pitch, third in strikeouts and fourth and wins. Making his ninth start this year last time out four and two third innings in a no decision against the Rangers, making his twenty seventh career start against the Dodgers, his fourteenth career start at Dodgers Stadium, the most career starts outside his course field for Kyle Freelies five and twelve with a four to sixty seven RRA against the Dodgers one in seven in thirteen starts at Dodgers Stadium alone. Eric Lower makes his Dodger debutant to see what the thirty year old left hander has one in five with the six to sixty nine EER ray with the Blue Jays this year. Dodgers acquired him on May seventeenth. He's in his ninth season in the Big Leagues Padres Bluers Blue Jays. Last year, he was really good in Toronto, nine to two of the three eighteen ERA. This year, though, it's been different story, making his seventh start, ninth appearance. His first with the Dodgers. Last start was May tenth against the Angels, five inning and six runs, five hits on a loss. He's faced the Rockies thirteen times in his career, two and six with an RA in the year seven. He last faced him August of last year. He picked up the win, going six innings, allowing one run on seven hits while striking out four. Eric Lower makes his Dodgers' debut Dodgers and Rockies. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch keys to the game. Our next I'm Tim Kateson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on.
Speaker 5: Tack on your Home for the Blue All Season log.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Rockies on this Tuesday ninth, Eric Lower and Kyle frielan the pitching match of Eric Lauer making his Dodgers' debut. So we get you ready for the start of the game with a Sapporo Start Great Moment, Start with Sapporo beer or whatever your taste preference. Soporo has you cover with the variety crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. The Poro good with sushi. Great with Baseball's back out to the booth. Tim Nevererttrick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 7: Tim, thanks again. We're counting you down to the first pitch overcast Skies over Unicol Field at Dodgers Stadium. As the Dodgers and Rockies get set for Game two, Eric Lauer one in five with Toronto on a sixty six y nine earn run average was DFA. The Dodgers picked him up and he makes his first start first appearance for the Dodgers tonight. Remember last year in the World Series he went five and two thirds scoreless innings against the Dodgers in his two appearances there. But the one concern about him this year is keeping the ball in the ballpark. He's given up eleven home.
Speaker 9: Runs already, eleven home runs and a couple of innings has really really stood out as far as struggling third inning in the ERA at thirteen and a half, the fourth inning of fourteen point twenty nine er and lefties a VI three forty eight against him. But it's one of those things too, when he has a break, you buwling off speed pitch, You'll get a lot of swings and missus and he would be the perfect fill in and for Louer a really good chance to kickstart a season.
Speaker 7: Kyle Freeland his last five starts for the Rockies his ERA ten thirty two and show Hey Otani hitting six thirty six against Freeland with two home runs. Kyle Freeland and Eric Lauer. That's the pitching matchup as we get you ready for this one here at Chavez Ravine.
Speaker 2: Tim all Right, Dodgers going into play two and a half games up on the San Diego Padres in the NL West, keeping an eye on what's happening at Petco Park. Already, Phillies have jumped out to a two to nothing lead. As they go to the bottom of the second in San Diego, they lead to the Padres Dods an opportunity maybe pick up some more ground the division. We'll find out. Eric Lauer makes his Dodger debute next Dodgers and Rockies enjoyed everybody. I'm Tim Katese and this is your back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network