Speaker 1: Alrighty folks, here we are once again letting you know that the legendary actor and comedian Adam Sandler is set to take over Grank Casino Arena this Wednesday. I'm realizing now that Max is about to do the deal. So I'll come over there and be caller eleven right now for your chance to win tickets to see Adam Sandler Wednesday at Grand Casina Arena.
Speaker 2: Keep listening each.
Speaker 1: Day, every hour of the Power Trip through Wednesday, your chance to win your last shot at tickets.
Speaker 3: You got that, right, Zach, That'll be that right, You got that right, buddy, Tash You morning Schoff.
Speaker 2: Here we are eight o'clock hour.
Speaker 3: We got Ben for a little bit longer here Mussman as well, the cast on thousands.
Speaker 2: The rare corpse flower is blooming. Oh no, oh, that's stinky.
Speaker 3: Thing, that sinky thing at the New York's Botanical Garden, just in time for Halloween. It's a rare flower known for its putrid smell. Believe it or not, hundreds of people turn out just to see it and savor it every time it blooms in the Bronx. Don't we have one here to somewhere people read that.
Speaker 2: Some Yeah, we do like to go and smell the stinky flowers. They love it, they do. You know what I like? What I like? I came to feel like it's down at Gus Davis.
Speaker 3: That rings a bell. I remember reading a story maybe even on air. Yeah right right right, who's calling it?
Speaker 2: Nobody? Did we give something away? Yeah? We give some away.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: People looking for stinky flowers.
Speaker 3: The old stinky flower opens up every three to five years.
Speaker 2: And then you're like, didn't you see the one in the Like, I'll take.
Speaker 4: What I can get like that, but uh yeah, you're kind of backed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean. It's cheers, right. The whole phrase been three to five years. Didn't you win the band Moon to Shine and see one of those? It was an honor to be honored.
Speaker 5: Did you see the Did you see the sn l skit with the pillow that there's selling on Home Shopping Network?
Speaker 3: No, I haven't seen that one has Okay, I watched that. I did see a few of them. There were some pretty good ones. I even thought this the silly Frankenstein bit was pretty funny. I thought that was pretty good. I thought it was a good episode this week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you'll you'll like this. You'll like it because it does uh it kind of connects to the stinky flower.
Speaker 2: Oh good, good, good, good good.
Speaker 3: You know, uh have you got a stinky flower takes show?
Speaker 2: Am I right? If you're into melodorous floral treats? What medorous floor? But that's my cousin.
Speaker 3: That can grow up to five, I should say, nine feet tall. You can watch the corpse flower bloom via live stream, so check that out at the New York Botanical Garden.
Speaker 2: Happening now.
Speaker 5: But sorry, update from our guy Mike Marcott, Gus Davis, Como Zoo and Augsburg they all have one.
Speaker 2: Everyone yea Minnesota lovest well Hawks day is filled.
Speaker 6: I would have never guessed, you know, I would guess man Cato would have been the one that has a stinky flower or.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you know I'm gonna get I mean, I would guess. It all depends on when they were planted, how often you know they when they bloom. So this one in New York is blooming right now, but I wonder if any in Minnesota are blooming as we speak as well, because I'm curious. I don't like stinky things, but I am curious to know what it smells like. I can't help.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying. If you got a.
Speaker 4: Stinky flower, you better be pretty okay. No, he's right though, No, yeah, he's right. It better be a beautiful flower.
Speaker 2: You're not wrong. Stop that guy.
Speaker 3: That'd be a beautiful you take what you can get, brother. And and also I'll try anything once. My God, you know, I'm I mean, I don't see myself one day going uh man, I'm I'm a deathbed.
Speaker 2: On your bed.
Speaker 6: It's twenty twenty five. A lot of things have happened between then and now. Hey, I my dad's real sick. Just so you know when you go in to see him, he's a woman now.
Speaker 2: Oh high hawk, it's cool man, whatever, right whatever, you know, God, Tommy would lay with your body a lot. That's why I did it.
Speaker 3: In your scenario. He and I've been a couple for ten years and we were both finally happy. Finally I'm gonna ahead and change up. Thanks guys, Yeah, thanks, yeah, you know what I'm as. As we were talking about for break Mexican do fan five this time around, and he mentioned it, and I believe he's right. We haven't caught up on exactly what is even happening division wise in the NFL.
Speaker 1: It's time for Fan five on the Power Trip presented by Builders and Remodelers.
Speaker 2: Tickets around the NFL.
Speaker 5: Max.
Speaker 7: Let's go around the NFL boys. We got everything else covered. We smelled that stinky flower. Can we smell the stinky flower?
Speaker 2: We're moving on. Yeah, speaking of stinky.
Speaker 7: Flowers, the Rams must have brought some of that Cali tree to Wembley yesterday morning because they smoked the Jaguars thirty five to seven. Matthew Stafford had five on it like lou Neiz in nineteen ninety five, throwing for five touchdowns, three of them to Devonte Adams. Travis Hunter quietly one of his best games in his early career eight receptions for one hundred and one yards in a TD.
Speaker 2: But that has much ado about nothing in a blowout loss.
Speaker 3: May I asked, does anybody know is he playing predominantly offensive? Was he definitely doing both ways?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 7: I think it's mostly offense, but he gets a handful of snaps that cornerback.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, they said they were especially this week that they were going to get him the ball more on.
Speaker 3: Offense next week, Germany the week after that, Spain.
Speaker 9: Really yeah, I think you're correct. Yeah, yep, yep, I believe that's right. Lucky, Yeah, lucky, gosh. I would love to go to Germany and Spain I meet. Yeah, Well, won't be long, No, won't belong.
Speaker 5: It'll be a few years though, because I think the hot runner is we get next year off and then the following year we are the host team in London.
Speaker 2: Oh, how do you feel about the Rams right now? Ben? They're legit again? It's that.
Speaker 5: The thing is, I know that, I know their offense can be high powered, but again, that defensive front, when they're rolling, that might be the best.
Speaker 2: Defensive front in the game. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Those guys are so good and so violent and so physical. They're fun to watch.
Speaker 8: Two of them they got in the twenty twenty four draft.
Speaker 2: Cheer versus isn't it? And isn't it in fisk? Right? Yeah? Dominant?
Speaker 5: Dominant And think about that division though, I mean that might be the best division football. Yeah, they're at five and two, so are the Niners and the Seahawks which played they played tonight. Right, there's another four and two, And I wouldn't say that the Cardinals are awful.
Speaker 2: They're they're a tough out. They're dealing with the quarterback.
Speaker 5: Being a street I know, but they got their own backup quarterback and they lost the running back, and like you know, that defense is that defense is pretty solid anyway, that whole division is tough.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, NFC West is tough.
Speaker 7: A surprisingly good division this year is the AFC East, and the Patriots improved to five and two after toppling the Titans.
Speaker 2: Thirty one to thirteen.
Speaker 7: Drake May finished the day this is unbelievable, twenty one for twenty three, two hundred and twenty two yards and two touchdowns. The ninety one percent completion rate is a Patriots record, which.
Speaker 2: Like we were talking about with show Hey the other day.
Speaker 7: You don't get to say Patriots quarterback record very often. Meanwhile, the Titans continue to be booty but cheeks with Capitol b's.
Speaker 6: That's one of those things where you got Drake May last year just had to be a disaster for the most.
Speaker 2: Because that team was a disaster, right right right, But that you.
Speaker 6: Know, that's a reflection of maybe with the JJ McCarthy that you want to have traded next year.
Speaker 8: I didn't say that, as you said. I think it can still be on the team, but I just think mac Jones will be the start.
Speaker 2: Get hate mail. People send me hate mail already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I get angry.
Speaker 6: Yeah, mix some burner pictures of your flower.
Speaker 2: Scratching stiff from You need to get that one. You need to stop scratching me and sniff. I can't help Maxwell.
Speaker 7: Yesterday, we probably maybe saw the game of the year.
Speaker 2: So far.
Speaker 7: We haven't seen a horse make a comeback like this since the Sea Biscuit days. The Denver Broncos scored thirty three points in the fourth quarter to beat the Giants. They were down twenty six to eight with five minutes to go. I think I read minutes to go. Yes, they said their thirty three fourth quarter points were the most in a fourth quarter by any team that had been shut out in the first three quarters in NFL history.
Speaker 2: Oh did you see that? Man? Yeah? The game? Did you watch that game? I didn't watch the game, now, I saw the highlights. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think that was going on at the same time the Packers game was going on. Yeah, and I was just stuck on the Packers game, not paying attention to the other game, and that's stupid of me.
Speaker 2: But Bonnickson is presser afterwards.
Speaker 6: He's like, yeah, I was sitting there thinking, well, how do I explain that we just got completely shut out?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And then all of a sudden, well, wow.
Speaker 8: In two minutes they scored two touchdowns. How about I mean they everything that the Giants could do wrong went right for them. With five thirteen left, they made it twenty six to sixteen with three in there, right, No, they picked it off, but they didn't return it, okay, and then with three fifty one left they scored again. With one fifty one left, they scored again. And how about that whole They got the ball back with whatever seconds left, and they marched the ball right down the field. Did you see Bryant, the defensive lineman for the Giants after the game, he was pissed because of the defense.
Speaker 2: They ran at the end of the game. Wow, Yeah, they're right there, Which.
Speaker 5: Which to bring it right back to the game we're talking about yesterday. If they scored in two scores and two minutes, so you said, yeah, if Hawkinson's play is yeah, is not overturned because the crowd we have about we have about three minutes left to go in the game, and all we got to do is get another stop and march down the field.
Speaker 2: And when have you guys talked about the clock manager? I'm just wondering.
Speaker 3: I bring that up because I got a couple of emails about it, and I was listening to Nordo and Ron last night doing a great job, and they were talking about that the play after that reversal about not kicking the field goal.
Speaker 2: There were you on board with that?
Speaker 3: Were you on board with a continue to run plays and try to go for the touchdown or should we kick the field goal there? In your opinion, Ben.
Speaker 5: I think in hindsight, I would have kicked the field goal. The thing is like it you need a field goal, regardless you're down two scores. You're down nine points, right, that was the difference. So you need a touchdown in a field goal. Yeah, So the probability of if you have the final drive, let's say you have under a minute, the probability of putting the ball in the end zone is probably lower than just getting to the you know, forty yard line for a game winning field goal.
Speaker 2: So I I guess that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 5: I guess I don't as I'm like speaking this out loud, I don't hate the fact that we went for a touchdown there because you have a higher percentage of kicking a game winning field goal versus a game winning touch with our game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, you get like six minutes on the clock or a little bit more than that, and then you're just if they're taking so much die speeded.
Speaker 2: I would say I agree with that.
Speaker 5: I would say we took over, We took over possession with six thirty five left on the game clock on that drive. The amount of time we seemingly wasted by huddling walking to the lines pace do it like to me? I felt like at six thirty five we have to be in two minute mode absolotly.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: The sense of urgency for me started on the beginning of that drive, the first play that drive. I think that there was just time wasted just on that drive alone, getting down into a position where you throw a ball talk and send the end zone.
Speaker 2: You killed like two minutes and then just to take a field goal. Why'd you do that? Then? Yeah? You know what I mean? It just killed didn't make any sense there, but I was in a bad mood. Wow yeah, Wow, Pewees crushed one more, Maxill, Let's do it.
Speaker 7: The Colts cut the cord on the Chargers yesterday with an electrifying thirty eight to twenty four win as they continue to shock the world as one of the best teams in the NFL. Jonathan Taylor is an MVP form. He scored three tds on the Bolts. I think Justin Herbert had three tds himself, along with two interceptions.
Speaker 3: Then I said it earlier. I gotta apologize. I heard you tell Brera last week when he asked you who the best team in the NFL was, you said the Colts.
Speaker 2: I was like, that's a little presumptuous, but you were right. Well, I don't know if I'm right.
Speaker 5: I mean they're playing I mean, we got to kind of wait till February to figure that out, but.
Speaker 2: Dude, they're playing well.
Speaker 5: I mean they when you when you can find a dynamic running game and then you've got a quarterback that's taking care of the football and pressing the ball down the field, I mean, that's that's everybody's offensive dream.
Speaker 2: That's what everybody wants.
Speaker 5: Everyone wants a competent running game and a sound passing game, and they've got it.
Speaker 2: And it sounds like they got a great defense too. M hm, there you go. How's how's our guy buying? I'm doing?
Speaker 3: I know, Max a real quick feel in mind. Just tell me what's going on, especially in the NFC North. What is the division looking like records wise?
Speaker 2: Right now? The NFC North, Man, it is.
Speaker 7: It's a blood bath in the NFC North right now, Packers atop the NFC North at for one and one, the Lion's right behind him four and two, Bears right behind them, met four and two.
Speaker 2: They're on a four game winning streak.
Speaker 7: Quietly they beat the Saints yesterday and the Vikings are in a fourth place at three and three.
Speaker 3: And of course the Lion's played tonight, am I right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's awesome game six o'clock. I think? Is that just injuries?
Speaker 7: And do you think that they're that Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, I would take in that game.
Speaker 3: Who's the favorite doing?
Speaker 2: Why? Now?
Speaker 8: Where the Lions are the favorite at home at five and a half, and then the Seahawks I think are two and a half point favorites tonight they host the Texans.
Speaker 6: Heard somebody talking about how many quarterbacks we had a shot at maybe keeping here and how well they're doing now.
Speaker 5: Sure online on air meeting with Hawk, can we put Greece on this game on the on the Lions game?
Speaker 2: But sure, guy, I don't know why, Why wouldn't you? I don't know. It's an NFL game?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think I'll make we can we can pretend to put grease on it and feel like anybody.
Speaker 2: I'll take the buck. Yeah, I'll take I'll take. Uh.
Speaker 8: They're now six and a half point favorites the Lions. I'll take the Lions.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? Six and a half? Are you kidding me? Wow? You'll take the Lions by six and a half. Yes, sir, you're crazy.
Speaker 5: Pretend bet pretend bunds ten percent, Monopoly money.
Speaker 2: Hundred that No, I don't pretend that every just everybody. Okay, no deal? Then no deal?
Speaker 3: Okay, you're giving Baker six and a half points. That's crazy, dude. But I like it when you're crazy, and I like it when you have flower smells.
Speaker 1: Well, if you love to hear me talk to a listener behind the Hawk's microphone, you're gonna love this once again. The legendary actor and comedian Adam Sandler sets take over Grand Casino Arena on Wednesday. We have tickets every single hour of the week and then includes this one. So one threw ero fifty three twenty six, be caller number eights and you'll win your way in Thank.
Speaker 3: You, Thank you, Hey guys, Power Trip More Show final segment. Hi, Hi, somebody sent me a tweet to you that I don't know why, but they just randomly said, Hey, tell me something random that you know during the day just makes you happy. And I responded, and here's here's one that I found this morning. And I've got a computer in front. You're gonna want to look at this. I can't help, but this just made me smile. On cbsnews dot Com, there's a story about this guy who was flying a drone around an abandoned Russian research station A long way up north is called Kaluchian Island. Ko l y you see, Hi, n Callucian Island, tiny island seven miles off the coast of the Chakota Peninsula. Now, the reason I'm saying this is because here's why it made me happy. They just abandoned this place in the nineteen nineties after the Soviet Union. Felt it was like, you know, a bunch of little houses and in the middle of nowhere on an island, and polar bears have taken over. And there's pictures of these polar bears that look like it looks like a cartoon. There's one staring at a window just like looking out at the world like he's living. They're living in the homes like you know, bears love caves, right, so they find these houses and on this island there's a bunch of you know, walruses and stuff they eat, so they go home at night, and all these pictures just so. There's a bear just hanging out on a porch with his wife. Looks like he's miserable. No, I mean he's bitching about the WiFi.
Speaker 2: Another bear just with a space on the wind.
Speaker 3: But the one of the bears staring at the window just looks like like it's a cartoon, Like it's a fake.
Speaker 2: But it's not. Literally that bear. Look at that guy just looking out the window.
Speaker 3: Like what has gone on him?
Speaker 2: What have I done with my life? Weeks? Yeah, so this is what made me happy today.
Speaker 3: These polar bears have taken over these houses off the Chukotka, Russia Peninsula in the country's far east. They found abandoned houses and it is a polar bear city now that I'll eat you don't get me wrong. Yeah, but this guy in this drone just took some of the best pictures.
Speaker 2: That's the best.
Speaker 5: So the polar bear in the picture in the window, Yeah, does it just look like he's beat down?
Speaker 2: Look at it? Does it look like he's beat down? Because it looks like he's not sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks like it looks like he Yeah, he's kind of. But he also might have gambled away the mortgage this week.
Speaker 2: The problem is that's not too far, not too long a drop, so that he up. Yeah, he the.
Speaker 5: You know that his nagging wife is in the other room, and it's like I could just walk out this window right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is it, guys.
Speaker 6: The next picture is literally he the one polar bear. I assume the dude is getting yelled at and he's just staring look at this picture back.
Speaker 2: He's just like, come on, God, I know, I know, I know you want more walrust, I get it. Yeah, you mean your mother is going to come and stay with us. I know, I know, I know, I know. I don't know how many times I can say I'm sorry drinking any cokes. Oh, now that makes me even happier. I hope they are. And then the last one is like, no, you're right, I'm taking this out of context. This is the saddest bear to wherever he's at. That one's strike me.
Speaker 3: Now, doesn't he look like he's like, I wish a hunter would come back?
Speaker 2: Where is anybody? You know what's crazy though?
Speaker 5: If you walked into that house, I bet you there's like just sealed blood and everywhere.
Speaker 4: She don't keep the house kill house. She don't keep the house rights from.
Speaker 2: Brilliant. Poor polar bear dude commercials. Look at him, he looks.
Speaker 3: Look at this picture, Ben, look at him. He's like if I had just gone to college, if I didn't right, I just didn't said no to the bath pipe, man, if I was a man, if I had just.
Speaker 2: Wore a rubber that day. God, the flower stinks in this town anyway. Polar Bears, you know I love them.
Speaker 5: Super mean, everybody wants one, right, I mean, you look at those those cute little faces.
Speaker 2: You're like, man, I want a pet polar bear, the meanest kill you look at a new one at Como as well. Where did you watch? I want to say Como because I know this show. You got free down for a second. Didn't you better of it?
Speaker 10: Did you?
Speaker 2: But we knew we got a new one. I know, I know, Yeah, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: He's happier than those guys.
Speaker 2: They got bears of the other place you're talking about. Hey, look at the topic on ESPN. What are they talking about? Polar bears? Yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Viking has made a big mistake leting Sam Darnold, go Rex Ryan believe It.
Speaker 2: This is their Believe it or Not segment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got the things they got to talk about. Yeah, they gotta talk about things.
Speaker 2: It's cool.
Speaker 4: I mean, if we want to wish we had a regular week this week though, I wish we had a regular week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know anything.
Speaker 3: I mean again, I say it again, I trust the coach to make the right choice. You gonna make the right choice if we had a regular week, though, I'd love for JJ to start so we can really start getting an idea what's going on there.
Speaker 8: I think he plays on Thursday. I know Ben's the expert, and Ben knows why I want to play any of us. I think he plays on Thursday because of that SoundBite we played earlier where he opens the door of like, hey, he may be more injured than we think.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 8: That's I think they're opening the door and starting to really contemplate how they can get JJ up to speed.
Speaker 6: And they know they got to see what they got with the kid. Yeah, and going into the game, it was weird just to go. You know, Brosemer is like the most healthy quarterback that we have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, here's that audio. I think the one you were talking.
Speaker 2: About first and foremost.
Speaker 11: I thought he competed and you got to see how he comes in and went health wise, took some you know, he had to use his legs there a couple of times on the last drive.
Speaker 2: We'll see how he really did well.
Speaker 11: He turns over and you know, I know Max was ready to go today and JJ was the emergency three. But JJ was able to get some some work last week. We'll see how he feels as well. And on a short week, we're gonna, you know, put together the best plan we can and that's also includes the players available to it.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm with you, Sauce. I mean, it's not definitive. It sort of leaves the door open again. But again, though, like the way they've been talking about getting McCarthy back out there, it's sort of that three prong checklist, and I think if you apply you can't apply that to Carson Wentz as well. But then you have to add in the experience factor and the experience of going on a short week versus a kid that's never done it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's right. After that game. There's also a chance he was like, I just don't really know.
Speaker 5: Well, that's that's also true. And the thing is, like what happens a lot of times is you know, it's like everybody else. After twenty four hours you watch the tape, it's never as bad as you think, it's never as good as you think.
Speaker 2: So if in the moment that he's.
Speaker 5: Getting asked a question, he's not super happy about his performance, and then you go back and watch it and he's like, oh, maybe it wasn't as maybe it wasn't as bad as we think, And as long as his shoulder sort of checks out, which again didn't look like he got up slowly on that last drive.
Speaker 2: He had two third.
Speaker 5: Down pickups by using his legs I think sixteen yards and twelve yards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, back jukes in the back to back. Yeah, it was awesome.
Speaker 5: If he had gotten off the turf on one of those and was like really favoring that shoulder, I'm like, oh, he kind of reaggree with that shoulder again. But to me, he looked like he was still pretty healthy. Now one of the other Eagles players got hurt because you know, I think they collided with each other. Yeah, there was an injury, yeah.
Speaker 2: But not but not the Carson.
Speaker 8: I think that checklist gets sped up after what we saw yesterday, and I know you you've broken it down beautifully and all you know, there's the things where the TJ. Hawkinson thing counts, and then that non holding play, right, those are two touchdowns he took off the board, but I think.
Speaker 2: There were so many in the bad snap over his head.
Speaker 6: There is there is that, But I think like the intentional grounding in the red zone is really bad. As you and Pete were going back and forth, throw that out of the back of the end zone.
Speaker 8: You have to know that as somebody who's played in the league ten years they rarely would call that intentional grounding. I think that's bad. I think the second interception were the one where he just heaves it up. That's that's something that you just take the sack punt and move on, right. I think they're going to re examine all of that, and I I think they will start him on Thursday, because then what do you do. You start him on a you get all the prongs checked and all that.
Speaker 12: And then you start him in Detroit, Like, well, either way, it's not ideal, I mean, but Detroit is Betroit is more ideal with what with a full week of practice though, I think I think it's the full week of practice is why I'm still leaning toward technically, yeah, more than a full week.
Speaker 5: But I will and I and I'll like add to your argument in a you know, support your argument. What if they go back and they look at the film and the pick six that he threw was the absolute worst decision, you know, not just like oh hey it happens versus this coverage, like hey, I see what you're you're doing. I understand that you were feeling the heat from that into your pressure and you took a quarterback hit.
Speaker 2: It was a free run coming at him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in a sense, it was a free run coming at him, even though he had to beat Brandell on the block. The thing is like, we don't know what the the nuance of that play is. We're only speculating. So they very well could look at that play and say like, hey, we understand, Hey, bad mistake.
Speaker 2: We move on.
Speaker 5: Or they could say like, you absolutely can't make that throw. No, in no world can you make that throw whether you're getting pressure or not. That's not the guy that you look to in that position. So if you put that one on the list, do you put the intentional grounding the list? The bad interception on the next series where he chucks it up? You know, to anybody that was that was willing to catch the ball, Like, if if those are the things against him, I can see your argument.
Speaker 2: They're like, what have we got to lose?
Speaker 5: If McCarthy's healthy, that's what's you know, He's like, what's the difference on.
Speaker 2: Healthy and one hundred percent? Ready?
Speaker 6: Are two huge differences, And I don't think he's at either one of them. Otherwise he would be well starting.
Speaker 3: And I want to say this regarding whoever plays this week or not for the rest of the season. I'd love something to look forward to, yes, oh yeah, and I mean for seasons to come.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: I would love JJ to come in and show us that we have a future a quarterback, because I love you, Carson, but obviously that's not the future quarterback though.
Speaker 2: I would love to see.
Speaker 3: Something that I am going to be happy about through the offseason, like I saw from those other quarterbacks last night and that Giants Denver game.
Speaker 2: Yeah to your points, sauce, that's what they have out of Jackson Dark. He's learning by losing. They won a few games.
Speaker 8: I get that, but like he's learning by getting beat up, throwing bad passes, the interception that Jackson Darth started that entire comeback, right, you learn from that. The Giants fans and the Jets fans are doing two things today. The Jets fans want their head coach out. They want him out right now. That's the worst team that's ever played in the NFL. And then the Giants guy, they're going, hey, we lost, but we have our quarterback. That's what the Vikings need to find out because these next five or six games at the Chargers, at the Lions against a healthy Ravens team against the Bears, at the Packers, at the Seahawks.
Speaker 2: That's tough.
Speaker 8: There could be one or two wins in that. But if we know we have a starting quarterback, that's a way more positive thing.
Speaker 5: I'm I am one thousand percent with you, and I've been one thousand on the side of regardless of what happens this season, win loser drop if we if we are we need a well below five hundred team, we need to know what we have out of our first round draft pick yep.
Speaker 6: To think about because the other one's not very good. Week seven, we're three and three. Bye bye bye man, And all of a sudden, we we went from this is a team that's built to win to now like, well, let's just see what the kid can do. It's amazing how quickly this has turned in this season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I am.
Speaker 3: I get you know, even I know this is crazy, but you get my point. Watching that young quarterback come into his own for the Gophers on Friday night, Yeah, it just gives you hope. Correct, And now that the future like next year and the year after that for the Gophers looks different than it did Thursday.
Speaker 8: Quarterback changes everything it does, man, And look at the Patriots. That's an okay roster.
Speaker 2: They're one of the better teams in the AFC because of that quarterback.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I, for one, unlike you, I'm not ready.
Speaker 2: To give up on JD. McCart no.
Speaker 8: But but the other thing too, is you look at this schedule. I want the Vikings to win a Super Bowl. I want the Vikings to be as good as they possibly can. This six game stretch is real hard. That's a real hard bit. You don't want to see Wentz had Whoasie. I'm just saying, we got to see what we got in the kid. Yes, if they win two of the next six games, that's not the question. However, if we beat.
Speaker 6: The Eagles yesterday, found a way Carson Wentz finds away different. We are not talking about J. J. McCarthy play at all on Thursday. But they got to see what they have in that kid. Can I come over and watch?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rosie, to everybody's point here, I mean, I'm normally I normally can get pretty negative when it comes to Minnesota.
Speaker 2: You're very.
Speaker 1: But damn it, man, I mean Philadelphia is a great team. I only lost the last couple, but they're a very very good in the Super Bowl, but we were very very We had the ability to beat them yesterday, it just did. We are still a very very good team. We're in a very bad division this year in terms of wanting to be better than everybody else. Yeah, right, but I mean I think there's still hope this year. But yeah, it all comes down to that that quarterback situation. That it's crazy how in the NFL. You know, there's thirty two starting quarterback positions and I mean it seems like seventy eighty people that we don't even know if they can or cannot do it yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a winnable game yesterday. It was, and we just were there is positivity. It doesn't feel like it's not just one guy too. You can't just sit there old Carson Wentz. Yes, did he have a good game. No he did not. No, But you can't just it's he's not the only one that didn't play very well. I mean, look at that defense didn't get the pressure in the and.
Speaker 6: Then you get I mean we were averaging what one hundred and fifty seven yards or something like that that we're leaving up and passing, and then yesterday three hundred and thirteen right total night yards.
Speaker 2: The defense gave up. I mean the air. We had a bad Vikings overtime yesterday, but that wasn't just sauce like no, No, he gives his mic on my mic on during one of the breaks. I'm talking along and rent a home depot trucking. Please don't say the effort.
Speaker 7: I need you.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, thank you. You don't have time to call him. No, I'm listening to ten minutes ago, no idea. I'm so thankful. We were literally just talking about talking about football. Thank god you.
Speaker 10: I'm driving along in a rent at home depots, going this might be the end of my friend's career and there's nothing I can do about it. In fact, his career might have ended already a couple of moments ago, but I don't know yet.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. Oh my god, he's an idiot.
Speaker 8: Cool la, I'm not right. We're so close and healthy in the morning. Yeah, Yeah, I'm so thankful. I was just talking about the help me because off the air backs and I just savage.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what I wasorried about. I was gonna hear rosens Navy, we do that on the air anyway, so they go. So that's a lot of football we talked. I think we covered it like a blanket today. I say we got it down, nailed down.
Speaker 3: We'll know more today after coach has this press conference and as we get closer and closer to Thursday, because it is a very very short week of preparation, and we'll know.
Speaker 2: We'll let you know as soon as we know anything. You leave Wednesday.
Speaker 3: That's correct, sir, Yeah, that's correct. By the way, I do wonder if, even with this week in Germany and next week in Spain, if what the Rams did this week by leaving and getting there so quickly, you know, I mean they got their Saturday and played on Sunday, will that changed the way teams do things in the future, because you.
Speaker 4: Know, it's a reactive league, long flight it is. It's a reactive league. But it also keeps you on your schedule in a lot of ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, you practice at your house, you sleep in your bed as many times as possible, and then you get on a plane, go do your job, and you come home the next day.
Speaker 1: Well, you guys, when you went to Dublin, which is a slightly shorter flight, but still pretty long. Still, Yeah, you guys went straight to practice, right.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, remember because I called you guys. Yeah, it was a walkthrough.
Speaker 3: But nonetheless, yeah, they didn't let them go straight to sleep.
Speaker 1: What was the energy level out there? Was it kind of like were they ready to like get their bodies moving and ready to.
Speaker 2: Go or yeah? You know, I would say they take such good care of us.
Speaker 3: They gave us these packages of things to sleep, aids to make sure you could get good sleep on the plane and then you would be revitalized when you woke up. But I could, man, it's a great point that goo. I could see us absolutely have been able to play a game the next day if we needed to. So I bet it changes things because people are still looking for the right way to do it.
Speaker 6: Yeah you know, yep, we better back to back games in two different countries, yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Sure, and don't get to play three straight home games like the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: I don't yeah, right, I don't think that'll happen again. By the way, I don't think that they will have to a team back to back weeks in two different countries.
Speaker 2: I just don't think that will happen again. No, I don't I think you're correct, But.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we'll see.
Speaker 2: What do I know right? You know a lot?
Speaker 3: I think sweepy. I know it's time for us to do a little bit of a.
Speaker 2: Now it's time for well done.
Speaker 3: That was like teamwork right there.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Wolf River Electric Wolf of Electric dot com. He'll be back tomorrow? Is he back tomorrow? Have we figured that out?
Speaker 13: TV?
Speaker 2: Show is on Wednesdays on TLC.
Speaker 11: What is it?
Speaker 3: Dangerously Obese?
Speaker 2: It's a brand new series call exactly? Wow, Yeah, there's there is there? Oh gosh, come on getting scrubbed down.
Speaker 3: When they showed me that kind of skin during the show. I'm trying to concentrate here.
Speaker 2: That like pimple poppers and stuff exact because now it's going to be on our algorithm. Don't say that I can't do it, Icky, That show grosses me.
Speaker 3: I can't do it.
Speaker 2: I can't started in the early eighties, Yeah, I remember then.
Speaker 8: Pieces of telephone shaped like Garfield the cat washed up on the beaches in northwest France, and no one has any idea why pieces of Remember all the telephones that were shaped like Garfields. They were washing up on beaches in northwest France and nobody knows what the freighter.
Speaker 3: Went bad, sunk or something like that would have had to be something like that, right, like just full of them and it went down.
Speaker 2: That's weird.
Speaker 8: A new report analyzed ghost sightings across North America.
Speaker 2: Let's go give it to me, tell me where they're at. Nonsense, And I'm sorry, I don't know what that was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounded like like Nora Jones.
Speaker 2: New York is the most haunted state, according to the stage. Okay, that would make sense. Georgia is the least ghostly.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of like, uh, midnight train mansions and stuff like, Yeah, you would think so, I think so, Yeah, I mean Civil war kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you think right. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I would have thought Pennsylvania was the most haunted, just because of the way it sounds like, Yeah, there's a lot of woods up there, scraggly woods.
Speaker 3: There's some scraggly woods going.
Speaker 1: On mountains and Gettysburg, Gettysburg, which they say is pretty haunted.
Speaker 3: I would guess if there's a place on the planet that deserves to.
Speaker 2: Be it's that. Yeah, yecky, thank you. I didn't say where Minnesota ranks. I don't know maybe it's just the headlines more.
Speaker 3: Flyover country even for ghosts.
Speaker 6: There's a shoe company called on They're facing a glass action lassus.
Speaker 3: Is that Chad Wars though, Yes, I think my parents. Yeah, yeah, you know, the ones were super comfy just o n Yeah, you can't tell that it's an end. No, that's the problem. I never knew it was that kind of sort of their comfy shoes. Yeah, you know what, I'm I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: You're seeing them. They have been complaining. People have been complaining because their cloud.
Speaker 3: Shoes aren't made of clouds.
Speaker 2: Won't stop squeaking as you walk? Yeah, yeah, well listen, is that why I ab? It always sounds like that.
Speaker 3: That's why you can't sneak up on me anymore.
Speaker 2: It's a squeak and a drag, is what it really is. It's more drags. Its like fricket steak.
Speaker 13: Well, and he doesn't even debate it. It's just in time for teeping season for one now, teeping teeping people's houses, toilet papering. Oh, teeping teeping Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, because you said teeping.
Speaker 2: No, No, I get it.
Speaker 8: Now I'm going is rolling out. They're forever rolls of toilet paper Forever roll. They're like twenty two rolls in one. Geez, what kind of a wheel?
Speaker 2: Hot bath? How much chili do you eat? You just saw them on that promo earlier.
Speaker 8: They're being rolled out online in Amazon and stores nationwide.
Speaker 2: I have to see this.
Speaker 6: There's no way you're going to be able to throw that up into a pine tree. That hadn't happened to me yet, you haven't happened to meet. Well played, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean that's really right here. For people who don't know that story, just trust me. That was really on the money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was great. Yeah, it's man, that's a lot of teaching. Do you need that much teaching?
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, you're never going to not need it.
Speaker 2: How bad are you? You have a good day? You don't need basically a roll on twenty two roles? Yeah, listen, man, I get it.
Speaker 3: I got I've got a bi day and a toilet seat warmer. I used the toilet sea warmer every day.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I go sit in there even when I don't.
Speaker 2: Have to poop. Did you sit in there after you brought your TV in? I had to. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I needed to be cool, you know.
Speaker 6: I just realized I haven't lived a good life until recently. I'm fifty two and I just realized that do you guys sit down when you peek all the time?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's still the way to do it. Many changed my life.
Speaker 6: I mean, actually, if it's in the middle of the night and it's dark, you don't want to do the sonar thing.
Speaker 1: It's just like because you never know stream is gonna go. The cell phone change everything, you change everything. Yeah, you can stand and use your phone, but like it's it's a lot of you can't be looking.
Speaker 2: Have a seat, right, yeah, yeah, I'm yeah, yeah, what are you acting like? You don't get it over there?
Speaker 4: I don't sit down? You wait, you're gonna do and you're giving fun of me. People have been making fun of me for years on this. Yeah what your name must But listen, here's the bottom line. You're right, you can't trust the stream. It could it's gonna go where it wants to go.
Speaker 2: You never know what that first shot is gonna go. That's right, and so sit down, sit down, don't make a mess, and relax. You've had a rough.
Speaker 6: Life, not to imagine hockey and I of a certain age also, we know what it's gonna start, but we don't know when it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Enp I'm just just sit there until it's time. I'm not the boss of it. Yeah, it's the boss of me. It always hasn't. What is happening? What is happening? I'll tell you what's happening is you ain't living right? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Take us it forever sits down?
Speaker 2: What male sits down? Yes, it makes sense. When there's four people and you're on the other side of the three, you're the wrong. If I had a stand up, you're an let hello, I would do it.
Speaker 3: Don't ask Nordo. Norda goes in there to hide these days, I get it. Yeah, fart fan on and just when you pee, when you pee, he's acting it out there.
Speaker 6: You stand.
Speaker 2: He's a man, Yes, he's a man. He stands. Should we ask? That was a hell of a thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It looks like you're It looked like you were receiving something. I just got a call from Marcel Marcel University looking to recruit you.
Speaker 11: That.
Speaker 2: Wow, we just won the mark Cody. I can't believe what I just saw. And that's how you pee. You should get that checked.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you we just got a call from the Upper Peninsula just looking for you to do commercial school. I mean, I'm impressed by skills like cover you were yelling yeah, like wow wow, Charades World Champion played well. Thanks for tuning in, everybody must have been Thanks for coming in. Absolutely, God, I loved what you said yesterday about wearing your your your pink shoes. Absolutely, and I want to make sure everybody does that. And I also want to mention and I should have brought it up earlier because now I'm running out of time. But the little school on the way to Brainer, what will be the time about here? Make sure you go on T mobile and vote for Royalton so they can get some updates on their high school football stadium. It's a great thing that they're doing, and we want to support high school athletics and little towns that keep their high schools going. Teachers, welcome back to work, Thank you for what you do, must beIN, Thank you for coming in, Menzo, Maxo, Zaxo, Sasso h thank you all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you man.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and also Grimmer who came in earlier. We think Corey's back tomorrow, but I ain't gonna lee to you.
Speaker 2: I don't remember. I don't remember. I know Grenard will be here, I know Marnes will be here. I know Bonesy will be here. Cast on thousands, it spout your morning show. Thanks for tuning in.
Speaker 3: Everybody said take care of yourself, won't you. You can't take care of everybody.
Speaker 2: Else if you don't already have a wonderful day. Abigail, you have a wonderful day too. I love you.
Speaker 3: Thank you for a funny weekend.
Speaker 2: Enjoy yourself, oherful life.