Speaker 1: Billy coming into Great America. Welcome with somewhat rainy Friday afternoon. The tri States should clear up in an hour or two. Should be great weather. They are all the high school football tonight. Plus on Sunday the Bengalleys go into Pittsburgh to hopefully beat the Steelers. The Bengals are about a touchdown underdog. We'll see what happens if they win. I al it's like to be optimistic. If they win on Sunday, they're one game out of first place, So we'll see what happens down the road. But here in River City, the mayor, elected by a wide margin to a second term, has spoken about a low supply of housing and high rents, generational poverty, racial wealth gaps, accessibility to guns and violence in the urban core, and so much more so. The state of the city, he said, is pretty good. In fact, the city of Cincinnati's taken big swings. About ten days or two weeks ago, Slowey had on a guest who's a big time developer and OTR who lives in the area, who may have a little dissenting viewpoint at times, joining you and I now as Michael the big time developer, OTRs put millions of dollars at risk and OTR mainly because of the q TQL stadium deal with FC, but also the fact that there's four hundred million dollars in investment plus going into that area generally, but public safety is number one. And Michael welcome. I think for me the first time to the Bill Cunningham Show, you were with Sloani about two weeks ago you found a gun, most recent shooting outside of a bar. So overall, can you give the American people maybe a descending viewpoint about safety and OTR and what's actually happening on the ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so thanks for having me on, Willie. Just a little background on myself. I actually lived I've lived in Over the Ryne for fifteen years, really the majority of my adult life. This is kind of what's you know I've made my career is you know, fifteen years ago I got this idea to move into the neighborhood and start investing. I started buying abandoned shells, shells that have been a brick building that I've been bannoned for in some cases fifteen plus years and taking big risks and spending years and tearing everything out of them, rebuilding them into apartment buildings and renting them out. Two great people that are going to contribute to the neighborhood, and then also making the neighborhood look better by getting rid of these abandoned shells. I find it's funny that I have to, you know, things that we need housing. That's literally what I do. And I'm just asking for basic you know, for the police and for the city council and for the local politicians to do the basic things that we need in order to keep people like me doing what we do.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: You take the big risk, you take the big swings. You're not generationally wealthy. Fifteen years ago, it was mainly a bombed out It looked like Berlin after World War Two. And you're one of the persons that came in and said, I see potential here, I see a walking community. I see Washington Park from my personal family have deep roots. TQL wasn't existing at that point, but quite high. It's not unusual to buy building now in OTR for a million dollars plus. So what's happening specifically in the bar in that community rod right near your businesses and right by where you live. What is happening in that bar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, at first, I think it's important to backtrack to the beginning of June. A little off topic, but I was one of Patrick Haranger's best friends. And I don't know if you look Willie, if you've seen his home, if he saw any of those news stories. But the reason why his house is painted green is because my crew painted his house the four days leading up to his death. Patrick was one of my best buddies, and it's really really affected me. But unfortunately, the more I've kind of looked at what happened, it appears that Mordecai Black climbed on one of my ladders through Patrick's window. And so that's when the neighborhood really started to affect me. A lot of the violence that I had been seeing over the last fifteen years, a lot of it was kind of in little pockets right where it was. Some of these blocks that were generationally violent had continued to be and then I could live my normal life around those pockets. So that was the first that was the first thing that really really kind of flipped my world upside down. And then the series of events that you're referring to is right down the street from where I live. We had a previous gay bar that was called E nineteen that vacated and was sold to new ownerships that put in a club called Privy on Elm and the clientele base of that club is completely different than than E nineteen was not really not just their sexuality. E nineteen was a gay club, but it's it's just a completely different clientele. And for the last seven months we have been calling the police every weekend. We've been calling city council. Just in the last ten days. I have tried to call aftab's office. I tried called Cheryl Long's office. I tried to call Evan Nolan's office. The only person I've actually spoken to was Seth Walsh and I had a really good conversation and he's completely on our team trying to get something done about this. But more or less, what I'm trying to get at is that Lily, we have been trying to tell the police and the city how out of control Privy has been, and it all escalated to four people getting shot on I guess it was the morning of November two. I actually didn't even know the shooting had taken place. I was going for a walk on that Sunday morning, and I took a video showing the amount of trash that was outside of Privy the following morning, just to document another reason why they have been such an unruly neighbor. And I turned the corner on the alley and saw a big pile of blood and I was like, what the heck happened here? Got online and was able to find out that four people had gotten shot. I guess hours before and from the photos that I saw online. I went to the other side of Privy where it looked like the shooting was and just laying in the grass was a loaded nine millimeter just right off the sidewalk, one foot off the sidewalk. I guess they would have been twenty feet fifteen feet from Privy's I guess it would be their south end, that is on Sinley Street. Called the police make sure new children got the gun. But he could have been a tragedy.
Speaker 3: And that's just the.
Speaker 2: Stuff we deal with on a weekly basis. Down here is the lack of enforcement of the small crimes, the drinking outside, the smoking weed in the cars. When people leave Privy at two am, they don't go home, they hang out outside. My house and they blare their radios and they smoke weed and they fight, and that is what escalates to four people getting shot.
Speaker 1: Now, one thing you told me off the air is that I think of a club, and I want to say this. Gay bars tend to be extremely peaceful and quiet. It's kind of entertaining and fun. Every now and then I'll find myself, maybe in Key West, with a good friend of mine, in a gay bar, almost by mistake, because it is good times, it's acting, it's fine. But how the privy describe the guards in front, which kind of set the tone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so again, this isn't like it was a quiet block and then they put a nightclub in. And this isn't a bunch of neighbors that are just upset about a bar. This was a nightclub prior. Okay it was for years. I lived next to E nineteen for I don't know, it's been three or four years. And again they were great. I would go out and I would stop there sometimes one on my way back home. A completely different clientele. They don't lit her outside, they don't loiter, they're not fighting. The police weren't there every weekend. So yeah, a completely different clientele. But what I was telling you, Willie is that if you drive past Privy on a weekend, I believe they're up in Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. They have probably two or three guard security guards outside and they look like Swat team members. They have bulletproof vests on, they're openly displaying pistols. And then directly across the street you have Ryan Geist with a you know, a fat guy with a beard and a security shirt, just you know, checking id's and it shows you exactly what you need to know. I give Privy some some credit, right, they're spending money on security, and we appreciate that, but really all they're doing is they're attracting that clientele we're fearful of to the area and then using their security to not even you know, it's it's it's a wash, right, They're they're they're drawing them down there, and then you know, the buckets overflowing unfortunately. So but yeah, I mean, if you just saw Privy security, you would know exactly the type of establishment it is.
Speaker 1: And the police, Michael Developer, the police have got to know what's happening. They have supposedly patrols in the area. They see the open air drug use, they see other forms of aberrant behavior. After hours, they see the garbage, they see the blood, the gun you found a foot from the sidewalk after the four people were shot. Did the police drive by that's with their windows up and look straight ahead and don't bother because you've complained to share along after have bare of all the new Chief, Henny, You've complained and nothing happens. Right, This isn't a one off. This happens all the time.
Speaker 2: Not only that, but I went to the city council meeting yesterday. I spoke for two minutes. That's all they would give me. And I'm trying, you know, but that they don't know. They all hide. Every time I've called somebody's office downtown, Willy, it's they have an assistant, and then there's an assistant that they have to give it to. And it's like, can I just talk to share along? Like can I just talk to her on the phone or have her email me? No, nobody wants to talk. They all hide behind each other and they all push it off on somebody else. But yeah, I mean, we've called the cops. I would be willing to guess, Willy, that there are probably more than seventy five complaints about Privy, probably between seventy five and one hundred complaints about Privy in the last five months. It's just every weekend, you know, and and it's this is not news to anyone, No, and I don't know, you know, part of part of what I think the problem is is this is, you know, unfortunately, I believe this is a this is a black owned business, and I think that there there is a lot of racial stuff going on here where you know, the black city manager, you know, is fearful of taking action on potentially a black owned business. And it's really frustrating because we're just asking to feel comfortable in our homes. I've been there fifteen years, really, I was there before Rhengeist.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Not only that, but I have tons of neighbors around me, some of which are black neighbors are the ones also complaining absolutely, And so this isn't a white versus black thing. This is just a lawlessness versus lawabiding, you know issue.
Speaker 1: And nothing changes. Is this symptomatic of a larger problem or is this isolated to the privy which is a slang term for a bathroom, which is another issue, but nonetheless, is this isolated to Elm Street by Privy because you have serious investments over by Ali's trolley over it that way, which is closer to TQL. Is this isolating? You live it, you walk the streets, you talk to the community leaders, it says one off. Or is this percolating throughout OTR? Because you might recall I mentioned you off the air that a captain a CPD sent to me the shot spotter. The shot spotter, it looked like you have a take a white piece of paper and take black pepper and just shake it all over the white piece of paper. That's shot spotter. And when the mayor was asked a question about it looks like there's thousands of shots fired and OTR and CBD all the time central Business District. And the mayor says, well, a lot of times it'll catch a backfire of a car or a pop gun. But there are thousands of shots fired every year in that area, and the mayor says, it's no big deal. How often in your community, Michael, do you hear shots being fired that you can know it's not backfiring of a car, it's not a pop gun. It is actually rifles or nine millimeters. Is it a regular event?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So, you know I was telling you about the one project I'm doing now that's you know, kind of over in the area of the soccer stadium. I'm actually outside of that property right now. I'm looking at my guys. We were getting outside of the building payment right now. This is a seven figure, you know, investment. It's a big risk that you know, my business partner and I are taking. But really, I've got property all over the neighborhood. I've been doing a fifteen years and every little nook and cranny of over the Rhine. Yeah, good question. I don't want listeners to think that it's too dangerous to come down to over the Rhine. There are pockets right where, you know. I could draw them on a map. If somebody said, hey, you know, my daughter is asking me if if she can live in over the Rhine, is it safe? I would say, well, where right, and I could circle on the map for you typically, you know, and that's part of my job. Will in order to invest in this neighborhood, have to really really understand it. And there are absolutely areas in this neighborhood that my partner and I we wouldn't even go see the property. We already know that it's a it's a no go area. And and those areas are typically because of a bodega on the corner and will you know the shell that's on Liberty right, that's all everywhere around there is a bad spot. You know, Tina's across the street. It attracts crime loitering, and that's non conducive of a of a development of a property in that area. So so yeah, I hear gunshots all the time, Wily, but typically I can hear that those shots are coming from the blocks that I'm referring to where the crime. It's just kind of a little halo around the area. And you know, generally, you know people that are coming down here to eat dinner or to socialize, they're not really in that area. So yeah, I mean, good question. But you know, why did I want to be in over the Rhine? You know, people are like, well, why would this guy from the suburbs want to.
Speaker 1: Move to over the Rhine.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you, Willy. I went to that soccer game the other night, the Sunday playoff game. And I'm not I could care about soccer, Willy, but I'm walking down Elm Street. It's great weather, There's people everywhere, everybody's outside eating the street cars driving by, and I just kind of looked at my I'm like, wow, this is great, this is this is really cool, and this is why people come down here. But what the city needs to realize is that if you don't want people to come down and go to the game and then lead and then just run home, you gotta do a better job of enforcing the crimes. Okay, and Willie, I have lived down for Town for fifteen years, and I never ever ever see Cincinnati police pull cars over for traffic violations.
Speaker 3: Never.
Speaker 2: Okay, they will, they correct, they they're going to, you know, when they're called about something. But if you're driving down the street and speeding, or if you don't have a license plate, or if you don't use turn signals, or if you know you run red lights, no, you will not get pulled over. No, okay. And the lack of enforcement on the basic crime is what creates a neighborhood of law listeness, and then those lesser crimes escalate. Those lack of enforcing of those lesser crimes makes people feel like, okay, well I can do that, maybe I can do something else too, well, right, and then it's just this ladder. They keep climbing up to the point when they don't get into Privy, and they pull out handguns and just unload on the side of the building and shoot four people. And apparently that's what I was told happened. I was told that. I was told this by the ownership, actually, and I saw some of the security footage where they had five or six guys on the south end of Privy. They didn't want to get searched at the front door, so they went to the side door, and then they couldn't get in the side door, so then they just unloaded, you know, round on a crowd of people. But that's what we're dealing with down here.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you, Michael. I think thank you for coming out. You came on with Sloany and me. Let's keep the communication going. My heart aches for Patrick Herringer and Sarah. It's just aches. He gave us life. I think Sarah's moving out because she can't pay anymore the city once again. She moved out and the city is teetering, and the mayor says these are good times up against the clock, Michael OTR developer, big time guy in OTR. Thanks for coming on and forwarn his forearm. There are certain no go areas and otherwise it's a great community. But once again Michael got a run. But thanks for reporting this to the American people and we can make our own decisions about what to do. Michael, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Oh anytime, Thank you.
Speaker 1: God bless you. Let's continue with more.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: That's the truth and the truth mayor after pure of all and the city manager share along, y'all take some telephone calls, come out the ivory purchase in which you find yourself and talk to those actually on the ground and OTR like Michael and many others. Bill Cunningham's Radio seven hundred w let's continue broadcast Superbody. By the way, I love staking Shake. That's a different story. I think when he's in Steak and Shaker about the best there are when it comes to face food. But I regressed just a little bit picking up on what Michael had to say. Met him a couple times as serious. Money at Stake began fifteen years ago when OTR was a bombed out shell of Berlin in nineteen forty six. It's a problem. It was bad, but urban pioneers said, you know what, Washington Park is right here. And by the way, my family have deep roots in Washington Park. And of course TQL and FC wasn't on the horizon at that point. But it's a walkable community, excellent shall we say, architecture. And in the eighteen eighties eighteen nineties over the Rhine was a community with forty thousand people living in it. Forty thousand is now down to about seven thousand. And those who want to be urban pioneers, like the great Patrick Herringer who was murdered in his own home by Mordecai Black, want to locate in an area where they can build something up with their own hands. The politics fit what they want to do, but they need police protection of one type or another. And that's why Michael has put out the bat signal again to the city hall because he's got no responses at all to the delineation between lawlesses and illegal activity, and city council doesn't respond because it doesn't fit their diatrine. You cannot call seventy five to one hundred times over a six month period for police services and they don't show up. Otherwise believing right now that they don't care. Of course they don't care. And one of the inklings of why they don't care is that if it's a black business operating in the so called black community. I'm not sure OTR is majority black. It might be, but I don't know. To me, it's multiracial. That they don't want to come down hard on a black business owner because he can play the race card and get out from under. And that when you have a business in which there's guards at the front door with visible weapons on their hips, wearing kevlar, look like Ninja warriors, you may want to avoid going into that business. But on the other hand, there's elements in our society that consider thek avenjury or death part of the excitement of walking in. Maybe you and I should go there at some point and see what happens inside inside Privy on Elm Street, see what's going on. It's about thirteenth and fourteenth in Elm and see what's going on in there. Walk in at night. I'm not sure I'd be welcome, but nonetheless, take your life in your hands. And what's happening in OTR is and Pat and Michael brings it out is that police are not conducting police activities, that is, pulling people over for my which can be major offenses, leading to even more important crimes such as speeding, running through red lights, throwing trash out the window, open air drug use. That kind of stuff leads to other indicators that where's your license? I don't have a license. Show me your insurance. I don't have insurance as car registered, I'm not sure who owns it. I have no license plate.
Speaker 4: So be it.
Speaker 1: And what happens is that Scottie Johnson on City Council and lemon Kearney and others have told the police to be somewhat passive and enforcing crime in certain parts of town. This would never work, by the way, in Hyde Park or Oakley, that's different, and the residents there would like police services, they would like to have traffic laws enforced, but not in OTR, not in the Central Business District, because there's too many people pulled over that looks like Scottie Johnson. And so his point is when you pull somebody over, it opens up a can of worms. Can I see your license? Well, my license is suspended, all right, get out of the car. I'm not getting out of the car, I'm gonna I'm gonna arrest you. No, you're not gonna arrest me. Then your hands on with someone, and the police at all costs do not want that to Those hurt by these passive, flaccid policies tend to be the residents of the communities where these events take place. Overwhelmingly black communities are under police today and most of the residents want them to have proper policing, and it doesn't happen because of what it leads to. What it leads to are more offenses and more people being arrested in Room Ay and Hamiliny County Justice Center. Room May used to be in the Alms and Deputy building and now it's in the Justice Center. Used to be filled up the night before with a couple hundred people arrested, and the fact no matter is there's few of any people there doesn't happen anymore because well, city council and the mayor and the city manager does not want aggressive policing in the city of Cincinnati. A few hundred must go to jail, so a few hundred thousand can have a normal life until city council and now that they've all been reelected. Aid and Comb and Saw got reelected by wide margins, and the Mayor's been re elected. Instead of getting eighty three percent of the vote, he got eighty one percent of the vote. All the stuff in Hyde Park, etc. Amounted to him getting about eighty two percent of the vote in Hyde Park doesn't mount to hell of beans. So the message taken away from council is that what we're doing is acceptable. So the Michaels of this world, the developers who want to make a bus and take a shell of a building and turn into something productive every night kind of take their hat in their hands hoping it'll get shot or something bad happens. If there are no go zones in OTR, don't you think the police know where they are? Of course they do. So instead of setting up shop and no go zones, getting the small number of criminal elements out of OTR, they allow it to transpire because of the people. The color of the people getting arrested is not something that they desire. And once again Channel nineteen had a first Now Channel five had it with Karen Johnson last night Shari Piello, in which the so called slap of Alex Schravinsky resulting in this ultimate arrest because of the color of his skin. Was an event that was in reaction to other events that happened forty five seconds earlier. It was started by those six individuals who wanted to telling the so called white customers, you don't belong here. It's a black event, the music festival is a black event. Get off the street. And the first punches were thrown by one of the six members who were black, attacking Alex Stravinsky and then down the road. Forty five seconds later, he responded to the assaults on him by slapping somebody in the face. That resulted in his head being treated like a soccer ball on Elm Street. That's what started at all, and that's what started to Holly having the crap kicked out of her. But the racial individuals, the racial cloud from which they see through the racial prison on City Council indicated that they had to find somebody white to charge with the crime, and that was Alex Shavinski. And now that the case is going to be dismissed at some point, and his lawyer is going to make sure the case is going to be dismissed. Be Fortycember of the eighth. I assure you the city is not going to go to trial and have Alex's criminal attorney across examined, the mayor and the chief of police and the line officers, etc. That's not going to happen. Believe me, that's not going to happen. And so Alex's attorney, Doug Brannon from Dayton, anticipate sometime soon now that the mayor has been re elected, that case will slowly go away. It would be a beautiful thing if on December the eighth, Alex Stravinsky, who was the man beaten to within an inch of his life, would actually go on trial for disorderly conduct and put all these city leaders on the stands to answer some questions. Do you think that's going to happen? Man, I don't think so. Not going to occur. So what does occur is that there are a lot of movements the Trump derangement syndrome, the chaos being created on a regular basis that attract disaffected and maladjusted individuals who blame external factors for the system or for the circumstances in which they find themselves and their lord. By many utopian promises of criticisms of society where the a lot in life is not defined by their personal choices but by external forces such as racism or classism, something like this. And ultimately, these so called left wing movements rely upon deceit in propaganda and leading the scapegoating violence and solitarianism. That's what's happening. I see it with Trump arrangement syndrome. This morning, yours truly happened to be watching MSNBC which is now ms NOW ms NOW, and they pointed out that this morning, about eight thirty am, the criminal case in Atlanta, Georgia against Donald Trump has resurrected itself. You might recall a couple of years before the election, when it was obvious Donald Trump might might want to get his old job back, Biden's in the White House. In the White House itself, they called meetings between New York City and Atlanta and other Blue city prosecutors to see who could file criminal charges against Donald Trump to keep chaos going. And they wanted the mug shots at Donald Trump and hopefully, hopefully the conviction of Donald Trump on a felony Alvin Bragg in New York City. He was successful and having some paperwork error result in thirty four felon accounts, which will be thrown out on appeal by the way. And then Fanny Willis and are a slim, shady wade her boyfriend had the case blow up in their face, but has been resurrected. And not just Donald Trump and numerous other criminal defendants associated with the President are now finding themselves in hot water once again in the criminal courts of Atlanta Fulton County. Of course, Fanny Willis is off the case, but now MSNBC seemed to be ms now and CNN as a flutter with the Georgia election case, and a new prosecutor has been appointed to prosecute Donald Trump and all those around him. Of course, Donald Trump cannot be prosecuted when he's in the White House. But no matter what else happens, in about three years he's out of the White House, he'll be like eighty three years old, and Fulton County wants to go after him again on criminal cases from the so called made up elector scheme of twenty twenty. Does Arizona State of Arizona have criminal charges against Donald Trump? They put on hold for him, but all the others around Donald Trump as chief of staff and about fifteen other people who can't afford this kind of nonsense are going to have face criminal charges. It's all part, shall we say, of chaos. Does the democratic chaos strategy work? I think it does. As soon as the election was over, they quickly had a jumped to some other horse to ride for a while. It became Jeffrey Epstein and that Donald Trump is a pedophile. No he's not. In fact, the evidence indicates he's been given a pass. He's been a clean bill of health by not just the Biden administration, who wouldn't prosecute him because there was nothing prosecuted about relative to Jeffrey Epstein, but all the other counties and Blues states and want to go after Donald Trump constantly. Do you think when he leaves office in three years that the Blue cities and the Blue states will say, Okay, we're done with that. Absolutely not. They'll keep prosecuting him until he's dead. And democratic chaos it works. Chaos when it comes to Russian collusion, delusion, chaos when it comes to Obamacare, chaos with the criminal cases in Georgia being resurrected, Chaos against ice. Watching TV right now in Chicago, there's ice violence going on, fire bombings of Tesla's and all the injunctions issued against them. What happened in Berkeley, that this movement's on the left, live, die, and breathe chaos constantly espressed by Jasmine Crockett and AOC and Eric Swallwell and throw in other Democratic activists want to have chaos reigning supreme with the Republicans, and Donald Trump is the object of chaos, calling him every rotten, filthy name of the book. And this morning the Trumpster on truth Social talked about the number of times that the name of Bill Gates and Bill Clinton and Larry Summers and other big time Democratic donors are mentioned inside the Epstein files. How much reporting have you seen on that? Correct? None doesn't happen. Donald Trump's name is mentioned. None of the victims have said that he sexually molested or raped them while they were in the employee I guess of Jeffrey Epstein, do you believe the victims? Liberals say, you got to believe the victims, or the victims say, including Virginia Goufrey, that Donald Trump was a complete gentleman. And so nothing comes of this until the media creates a diet tribe once again to keep the chaos going. And the chaos will continue. It will never stop, It will simply continue. This morning at Keem, Jeffries was on CNN Morning Shows talking about January the thirtieth, it continues. I said, what the Democrats are jeinting up? I guess how about this one seventy ten weeks away, about seventy six days. It's January the thirtieth. That's when the cr expires. They want to go through this again. They want they want the air system completely disheveled. They want those getting food stamps to get nothing. The Democratic approach is to have complete chaos and the media coverage confusing often the public. They can't sort it all out. They know the Republicans are in charge supposedly of everything, so they blame the public upheaval which just go away, but the media will not permit it. Every day they wake up with new claims against Donald Trump, about Jeffrey Epstein, about Tesla. It might be about crazy district court injunctions. It might be about street violence or fire bombings. It might be more ice. It might be more riots here, or there might be more Charlie Kirk type riots that chaos continues, and as an American, it's hard to sort it all out. But here in the mean streets of Cincinnati, those who live in OTR, including Michael No, there's certain no goes on owns in the City of Cincinnati, well known by the city of Police that refuse to enforce the law because they're told not to enforce it by share a long and you can't find her with a search warrant. Oh, let's continue the line ever becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. Coming up after one o'clock is Katie Talento, and she worked for Donald Trump in twenty nineteen to try to improve Obamacare or get it killed. It is a dying federal government program costing a fortune that does not provide good medical care, and it's failing. It's in a death spiral. That means it must be doubled down and more money must be spent. More chaos. Let's continue twelve to fifty five, Home of your Bengals. Chaos and nihilism reigned. Supreme Bill Cunningham, with you every day, Bill Cunningham, the Great American. Of course, the healthcare prices in America has caused the shutdown of the government now opened, and watching one of the morning talk shows, King Jeffers is saying they have another bite at the apple in about ten weeks. January thirtieth is not that far away, and he says there might be another government shutdown happening, which is utterly ridiculous. Putting money into a failed system, a failed government program, doubling down on stupid is often what Democrats and what many in Washington do. Some are fighting against it. Katie Talento is the executive director of Alliance of Healthcare Sharing and first of all, Katie Talento tell us, can you give me, generally in the American people the status of health care in America today? Volumes have been written on that topic. But about out ninety three percent of us get either our health insurance or Medicare Medicaid from private plans, through employers or veterans or whatever. It might be about seven percent through the Obamacare exchanges, which have failed miserably. So, since you're in the industry, what is happening to us healthcare system in America in general and the response to it by government.
Speaker 5: Well, it's not a good situation though, Thanks for having me. Yeah, I think the affordability crisis is hitting everybody, and so you know, premiums are up double digits this year for everyone, even if federal employee has got a twelve percent rate hike, So you know, they get no love for having been put out of work for you know, twenty seven weeks, but they have to now pay more for their insurance too, so at least they're suffering with the rest of us. I do think that this is going to become a campaign issue unfortunately, and Republicans are usually in trouble when healthcare becomes a campaign issue. You know, I was a veteran of the White House when we were doing repeal and replace back in the day, and I can tell you it's going to take longer than you know, five weeks for us to negotiate some sort of master plan here. So I think that if the Democrats want to have another shutdown, they will do that at their political peril. But you know, that may not be the best thing for the American people.
Speaker 1: At this point. What happened. I've done any topics the last few days weeks on the failure of Obamacare, in which is government subsidizing and billions of dollars It might be forty to fifty billion a year. Maybe you have the number that Washington sends directly to insurance companies under a promise to hold down premiums and to the seven percent twenty three million people on Obamacare. Why did Obamacare fail?
Speaker 5: So the promise to hold down premiums has not really been tested. Obviously, the premiums have skyrocketed. They've more than tripled since twenty ten when the bill was first enacted. However, affordability is sort of addressed by Obamacare because they just subsidize your overpriced premiums, and so the vast majority of people who are buying their plans on the Obamacare exchanges are getting premium subsidies, so their premiums are either free or they are largely subsidized. And that is truly the only way that you can keep anyone who is younger or healthier, or who is not sort of already sick from fleeing this market where it's so unaffordable that they.
Speaker 2: Don't see the value of it.
Speaker 5: But they need to have all these younger, healthy people in the insurance pool, or the insurers do, or else it'll go into what we call in the insurance business the death spiral where it's just sicker and older and sicker and older people every year, and then the premiums go up, and then a few more younger healthy people leave because they can't afford it anymore, and then it's older and sicker, and so this get you get into the spiral, and that's that's the death of an insurance product. So they have to force people to stay in the pool, and that's why it's failing. It was never a good value for young healthy people. When you're requiring these policies to cover everything from abortion and transurgeries to maternity writers for men and you know, preventive cap smears for men, you know, like this is this is too much. It's too much insurance coverage for what most people need, and it's not enough insurance coverage for the people who do need it because the deductibles are so high they can't even afford to use their plan when they do need it. So it's an absolute failure. I do think that there are promising alternatives out there, like health care sharing ministries, like health Savings account, like direct primary Care, which is sort of a Netflix subscription for unlimited primary care. And people are fleeing to these better alternatives that feel more human and feel more rational meeting their needs.
Speaker 1: Funding of failure is what Washington does, which is why Democrats want Obamacare to be funded. I spoke to a twenty eight year old who called in a couple a week or two ago, and this guy says, look, I was in Obamacare for like two years. I got out because I never I never used it. I never went to the er. I never I had a primary care physician, but I didn't feel a need to go. It was costing me seven hundred dollars a month, and I'm thinking, why am.
Speaker 6: I doing it?
Speaker 1: I got rid of it. Plus, he said to me, look, isn't it true, he called me uncle Bill. Isn't it true, uncle Bill, that if I have something bad happens to me, I can go to the er anyway and get care at the er, and if I can't pay for it, I can't pay for it. So why have insurance if I get the product anyway for nothing? How do you respond to him?
Speaker 5: He's exactly right, He's making completely rational choices. You can go to the er and they are required to treat you regardless of your coverage. Now you might end up with a really horrific bill being said to you. You might end up in collections over it, but at least you will be treated in that moment if you're having a life threatening issue. I totally sympathize with your caller because he's the exact reason why Obamacare is failing. Young healthy people. They just see no value in this product, and so why would they say, And so you're left with only healthy, unhealthy, expensive people driving up premiums so that it happens even worse next year. That's why this whole project has failed, and that's why we've got to seek alternatives. I was so encouraged by President Trump tweeting or rather truthing out in the past couple weeks about let's just stop putting money in insurers pocket and let's actually put it in health savings accounts for people so they can go buy what they want.
Speaker 1: Great idea, but a Keem Jeffries and the Democrats don't want any part of that because it puts the person in charge, not big time health insurers who pay them huge amounts of money and campaign I think the average America don't understand that. How about how much money every year goes from the US Treasury to big time health insurers in order to knock down the premiums of individuals who may not use the product at all. And how much money is the taxpayer funding healthcare insurance companies? How much money we're talking about about, It's.
Speaker 2: About a trillion dollars.
Speaker 1: I published with it with a trillion.
Speaker 5: With a team of Johns Hopkins researchers. A few years ago, we estimated that almost half forty seven percent of the entire United States budget goes towards some form of health care.
Speaker 1: If you're United healthcare, are you in the business having taken all this money from the government under Obamacare? Are you in the business and making sure that you're ensured have great healthcare at to low cost, or are you in the business of making money?
Speaker 5: Well, that's exactly right. You know, these giant companies we call them the Bukahs, Blue Cross, United, Signa at nine, Humana, Buca, and these these giant companies nobody had ever heard of some of them, you know, years ago, and now they're.
Speaker 2: On the Fortune fifty list.
Speaker 5: Their stockholders are loving it, living it up, and you know, their CEOs are living off they're billionaires. And you know, meanwhile, United Healthcare is denying a furtive every claim that comes to them, and most people think of their insurer like the cable company. They hate them. And so this is a product that nobody really wants to pay for because they don't see the value in it, and when they really need it, when they really need it, it's an absolute bureaucractic night there to use.
Speaker 1: Aren't the insurance companies because they are a for profit business in the business of denying claims and having high deductibilities. And that's true because I listened to a Keem Jeffries. If Republicans don't agree to this, you want people to be sick and die in hospitals. You don't want people to get medical care. In reality, the Democrats get millions of dollars in campaign donations from insurance companies, and aren't they in the business of making money and not in the business of providing healthcare?
Speaker 5: Well, the secret of the dirty little secret of healthcare is that the insurers are interested in high prices from hospitals, and hospitals are interested in lots of sick people. So when you get paid when people are sick and high price stuff is done to them, you're going to get more sickness and higher price stuff, and that's what we're seeing over and over again.
Speaker 1: You also say in this column you believe that the recent US government shutdown that ended after forty three days result of from protecting lucrative political donations from big healthcare insurance. And the media never asked a King Jeffries or Democrats the question, how come we're funding the BUCA, the large Blue Cross Blue Shield and United Healthcare and SIGNA. We're funding them and they're in the business of screwing the policy holders. Why isn't that brought up by the media.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, to be fair to these politicians.
Speaker 5: And let me tell you, the healthcare swamp funds all parties and every single one of them. You know, the pharma industry alone has four or five lobbyists for every member of Congress. So nobody is innocent here in DC. But I will tell you that you know, these people, they are in the business of making money and profiting off of our sickness. But the American people are also absolutely committed to having insurance at any cost.
Speaker 2: I mean, we have seen that.
Speaker 5: It's unfortunately, if you try to take i mean the battle scars from the repeal and replaced effort in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: If you try to take a.
Speaker 5: Single dollar away from insurance subsidies for even a small percentage of the American people, you will lose the next election. So I think the Republicans take this issue on at their peril. The Democrats take this issue on at their peril. It's very perils, just going to make everybody a little bit scared. So it'll be very interesting to see what happened over the next few weeks.
Speaker 1: You seem to say, almost Katie Talento of the Alliance for Health Care Sharing, it's almost a soluble problem that Democrats are incentivized to keep the issue front and center. By the way, Obamacare had little or nothing to do with the shutdown, because the shutdown was shutting down the whole government. So the Democrats said, look, we're not going to pay the soldiers, We're going to make TSC agents sleep in their cars, We're going to shut down snap, We're going to shut down the entire government on this unrelated issue of giving money to insurance companies out of the public treasury. And I think the American people bought it because politically, most of the polls now indicate this weekend that Republicans are blamed for the for the shutdown and not Democrats. So when Republicans voted to open the government and Democrats voted to close the government, the American people believe that the Republicans closed the government and the Democrats wanted to open the government, when in reality, the Republicans wanted to open the government and the Democrats wanted to close the government. You know what I'm saying, democratically, the Democratic Party.
Speaker 5: Won, no, I mean, they're in the civil war right now over. You know, they're eight traders who actually opened the governments. But those eight traders, the Democrats who voted with the Republicans to reopen the government government, they're the ones in the swing states, so they kind of know that this is not actually a good plan to just shut down not do their jobs for months on end. So I think Democrats that actually are in any kind of political peril, we're thanking these eight behind behind the back, behind the scenes all right now.
Speaker 1: And lastly, for those of us who receive healthcare from our employer, I work for a large company and it takes a degree in Chinese calculus to figure out all the plans and the deductibilities, and do you want this rider? Do you want that rider? Do you want prescriptive care? Do you want not want it? Do you want maternity care? I don't need that very much. Do I need transgender care? Which I don't think? God hope I never need that. So I leave it to my wife to decide what do we do. And according to polling, the majority of employee or employee based plans are popular with employees, which is about one hundred and fifty some million people. But still the cost keeps going up. If you're on Medicare Medicaid generally you pay little or nothing anyway. You don't have a dog in the fight. So can you tell me get out your crystal ball, Katie Talento? How does this issue resolve itself without a complete collapse of our medical system? How do we resolve it?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know that we're going to I'm very nervous.
Speaker 5: I'm very nervous that we're going to end up with single payer at some point because it is not a sustainable trajectory. And you're exactly right that those who are bearing the largest cost of this are wage earners at big employers who are actually paying for most healthcare in this country. You're right, half those country is insured on the job. And those companies, you know, they have some other core mission that's not running a health plan, but they're now in the health insurance business, and that business is absolutely spiraling. And so it's a huge crisis for every company. And so if we don't get this under control, I fear very much it will be the business community that pressures Congress to have a complete government takeover.
Speaker 1: Of health care. Lastly, explain single payer. I have a pretty good grasp of what it is that everyone under medicare. Explain to the average Americans what is single payer, how would it work, and why is it a bad idea?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so single payer is what every other country in the world, literally every other country in the world, has decided to do about healthcare, where the government actually pays for healthcare, and they do it. In some countries like Israel and Germany, they basically do it like an Obamacare on steroids, where it's all filter through insurance companies which are just agents of the state. But at least you pick an insurance plan like Medicare Advantage for instance. But other countries like the UK or like Canada, you know, they just have the government. You just walk into the government clinic and the government hospital and there are no insurance companies. And the reason why this is a problem, and I mean again like there are trade offs, right for some services like primary care, it's a much better experience and it's much more sane in these countries where you have easy and free and unlimited access to primary care and preventive care. But what happens in these situations is when it comes times that you need specialty care, there is rationing and long lines, and you don't get the best technology, and you don't get the timely treatment, and cancer patients are waiting and people with you know who neednee replacements are waiting for years. There are people who die on the wait list for their knee replacement. So it's just it's not a good situation, and America has chosen a different path. I hope that we figure a way out of this. There are some innovative and creative ideas out there, like health care sharing ministries, like health savings accounts for everyone. I think that might help as we as you know, President Trump actually implemented when I was there, a price transparency initiative forcing hospitals and insurers to post their secret prices publicly in an effort to try to create a healthcare market. What we have right now is either free nor market in healthcare. So to the extent that we can force an actual christ competition in health care, we might just be able to pull this thing off. But it's going to take a miracle from God.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, Katie Talento, Executive director of Alliance of health Care Sharing, you've laid it out, and I fear this issue is too easy to demagogue, which means sure, I had it toured within ten years of Medicare for All system in which you will ration healthcare, and it's going to be similar to Canada. And most of my Canadian friends get their medical services of any exceptional quality or quantity from the United States. They don't stick in Canada because they get a knee replacement or they have cancer treatment. It's taking months, it'll die on the list before it's replaced. And if someone needs a knee replacement in America, you can get it. You get it a week from Tuesday. Katie Talento, you're a great American. Laid out the problems once again. Thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, and Katie, you're a great American.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Bill, you too, God bless you.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more. There you go. I don't know what to say, but the politicians, especially Democrats, are not incentivized to solve the problem because politically, in their minds, they benefit from low information voters. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundreds WLW.
Speaker 7: What done Cincinnati? No point with that, but iss you do a bit of mathematics. I'm going to go that we called Cincinnati. Yeah, on the three games? How many goes.
Speaker 3: Five? Good? And how many go to the discode? Okay, so we won't. We won't. So we wont five three and we're out?
Speaker 1: What O? Hello? Quiet scos, I'm broadcasting segue. Have high school girls soccer royalty here? But that is the coach of the Columbus crew, bad mouth and f seed tell the American people.
Speaker 8: I couldn't understand much of what he was saying. I have no idea what his problem is. Well, he crossed two to one, they lost two to one in the three game series. I don't know what he's complained about. What they're going to do replay the game. He's a socialist from Germany.
Speaker 3: What does he know?
Speaker 8: Well, we welcome in the Maderra Amazon's earning a three nil win over Doylestown Chippewa, capturing the Division five girls state championship in soccer and historic Crew Stadium, the third girls state title have a school history and second in a row.
Speaker 1: Madera is here, and also coach Brady is here. He's kind of like the Zach Taylor of Madeira High School girls soccer. Hopefully you'll do better than.
Speaker 8: The president of up eighteen four and one, by the way, a little bit better than three and six.
Speaker 1: Coach Brady went to this team having madea the other girls did not have, going back a couple of years. These girls looked angry, They look ready for victory. They got scars all over their body, they got stitches, they got head wraps, their knees have all been worked on. What do these girls have the other girls didn't have, who didn't win state titles. Oh, they were ultra competitive for sure.
Speaker 3: Me nasty.
Speaker 9: I think they kind of had a legacy of winning its state championship last year and they wanted to continue that and they wouldn't be denied for sure.
Speaker 1: Three overall and two back to back to back. Is the covered empty or is it covered full? Because demands more nil money. The girls are now going to be paid serious money to Wednesday titles nil. So who's coming back next year? We have a great junior class coming back.
Speaker 9: We have great sophomores, We have some good freshmen, some incoming kids are coming in and hungry, Yeah, hungry. The cupboard is definitely full.
Speaker 1: And Coach Brady introduce these fine young Amazons. By the way, Madeira voted not to have the name Mustangs apply to the girls teams. The girls who dominate life in general wanted to stick with the Amazons instead of the Mustangs. All right, absolutely, Amazon's they ride the Mustangs. Introduce these fine young Americans. So I've brought with us our captains and our senior class.
Speaker 9: And I'll start with our two junior captains, Elilah bears Eilah.
Speaker 1: And then what street do you live on? Jeweler, that's next to Jeffey, very close to Jeffey. Next up, Macy Mueller, what street do you live on?
Speaker 3: She's rich?
Speaker 1: Next up, ellamulen Ella. She looks mean and nasty. She's ready. She's a senior. Right, she is a senior. What position did you play? Outside back?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 1: The rest of all? That's a defender like a linebacker. Come up to the microphone here the next up you come on up your next girl, introduce her. This is another senior, captain, Natasha Davis. Natasha, where do you go to? Where do you want to go to college? If anywhere, I'm still a.
Speaker 5: Study if I want to play college soccer. But if I don't play college, so then.
Speaker 1: I'll go to use see problem you see and study what academic discipline? What do you want to be when you grow up? If anything? Definitely a nurse.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: We need more people. Maybe you'll be caring for me in a few years. Hopefully you do a good job. Next up, next girls, This is another senior, Olivia Davin for Olivia. Come on up here, Olivia. What do you like about Madeira schools? And I ask you about Kenji and the problems he calls as a superintendent? What do you like about Madeira? There's a lot of opportunities of one on one. Is John a pretty good coach, assistant coach or doesn't know what he's talking about?
Speaker 3: Or not? All right?
Speaker 1: Next up introduced this another fine senior goalkeeper, Mikayla Michaela. Come on up here, Michaela. Was there a point in this season you had a doubt whether Madere would win again a state title? Where was it unlikely when you played deer Park you could even compete against that school? Or did you have doubts you could beat deer Park?
Speaker 7: Next?
Speaker 1: He played eight or eighty minutes.
Speaker 8: I had two saves to cheap keep chip Awall off the board the title game.
Speaker 1: Next up, young lady, come on up here, another senior, Riley Donovan. What street do you live on? If Anny? She's rich again too? What position did you play? If any? Defense? Defense like a linebacker, like a safety, like a cornerback? All right, Next up, goalkeeping coach? The coach up, she lives in deer Park. Correct? In fact, my pseudo, I think got his chops at deer Park. His assistant super into. Now tell me about the girls. Is the goaltender coach? What is these goaltenders brought to the table that you taught them? Otherwise they would have lost the championship. What did you teach them?
Speaker 10: Well, they have quite the eagerness to learn. Actually, a fun fact about Mikayla. She three years ago was a field player and so she embraced this role on the team of goalkeeper that we asked her.
Speaker 1: To and big hat got big hands.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, good hands, that's for sure.
Speaker 10: So very proud of her.
Speaker 1: Now. In the last game, Coach Brady, tell me what happened. The game started, the ball was left, the ball was right, it was kicked up in the air, owheaders were reused, and knees ankles. Tell me about the last game.
Speaker 9: So the last game we were we played the same teams we played last year to us Joy's township.
Speaker 1: Well, how bad you beat them last year? We beat them three to zero last year consistent, So you beat them six to zero two games.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, so we didn't really know what to expect, but we did score relatively early again for the second time.
Speaker 1: Makes a big difference.
Speaker 9: It makes a big difference when you got the best defense in the state. And I think it gave us a lot of confident. Yeah, that's right, seg.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe they could play for the Bengals in Pittsburgh. They played that kind of defense. Gave me some sports and make it fast. These kids want to answer some tough questions because We're going to see how good the Madeira education is.
Speaker 8: Sega will He the stuot reporters of proud service of your local tame Star Heating and air Conditioning dealers, Tamestar quality you could feel in beautiful Southeastern Indiana called Joe Exstein at Eckstein Heating and Cooling at eight one, two, nine, three to two, twenty twenty six sports. I also want to thank Lear's Prime Market Willie with their lunch today Deluxe Delhi located in beautiful downtown Milford, Learsprime dot Com. Lears Prime always a cut above, give me a full report. Now you've got high school football tonight all across a tri state Willy coverage at six High School Football Tonight show on Fox Sports thirteen to sixty. That'll lead into the Division one Regional semi final at Welcome Stadium. Fans are probably there now, Saint X and Mohler.
Speaker 1: Who do you likes? Bombers?
Speaker 8: I'm taking mo. I'll bet your hot sun over the Bombers. How about this for a semi final match? I mean two eleven and O teams taft the Indian Hill.
Speaker 1: Benji says, to take taft, I'm not sure that's the case, he says, Indian Hill cannot win.
Speaker 8: Kentucky's into the second round and in the fourth round at night, East Central and Lawrenceburg look to.
Speaker 1: Advance Trojans against the Tigers.
Speaker 8: Arizona and the Bearcats tomorrow in Big twelve play at Nipper at eleven o'clock.
Speaker 1: Here on seven hundred WLW Bengals update.
Speaker 8: Let's see no Trey Henderson or Shamar Stewart Sunday with injuries?
Speaker 1: Which show is going to play quarterback? Joe Flacco? All right, who's the governor of the state of Ohio? Girls, very good? Give me three rights in the first Amendment US Constitution? What are three of the five rights guaranteed to Americans in the first first Amendment to the Constitution?
Speaker 5: Speech cross an assembly?
Speaker 1: Excuse me?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: What's the square root of eighty one nine?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Look at me. You keep going to the question. Who was the second president of the United States? Not George Washington? Who followed after him and him to bear after him? That's it, Adams. Hopefully they don't drink it. Girls. Congratulations, You've been a champion in sports, and I'll be a champion in life. Three rules? What three rules of life. Write them down. One graduate can you do that?
Speaker 11: Two?
Speaker 1: Either work or go to college? Can you do that? And three don't commit crime?
Speaker 6: Can you do that?
Speaker 1: Don't need a government program, don't need help, don't have to ban the red bikes. Don't worry about the food trucks. Don't worry about curfews. None of your kids are walking around Maderra at two o'clock in the morning, are you no?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Number one? Graduate? Number two, work or go to school. Number three, don't commit crime, and you'll be a success in life. Benji coach Brady on congratulations. Any questions any comments from you, Canchy, you're here all the time. None. He's picking. He's picking Tampa beat Indian Hill. I know that boy segment. Get me out of the student's report. Girls, Congratulations, the.
Speaker 8: Billion honor of the Division five state champions in soccer, the Madera Amazons, all.
Speaker 1: The words of the Stooge report always could be with you.
Speaker 3: Bill, see you later.
Speaker 1: Whose voice is that?
Speaker 3: That's him?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: The goalkeeper got that she had a kick saved right there? Girls. Congratulations, I'll see most of you next year. Bill cunning In the Great American Life, It's remember the Bengals News Radio seven hundred wl WINT Dave Keaton hit the music the Boy you think It's over and has just begun. I think many of us, be included had taught the Georgia criminal cases again. Donald Trump had evaporated after the misdeeds of Fanny Willis and Nathan Wade. But no, they have not gone away. It was announced this morning that a new state Georgia prosecutor has been appointed in order to pursue the criminal charges against Donald Trump and most of his associates, to lock them up in Georgia state jails. Now, in Donald Trump's case, that will not happen, nor can a trial take place until after his presidency has concluded. At that point, according to prosecutor, had just heard him with Matt Reese talk about breaking down the cases in a smaller, more digestible modules so that a overall grand conspiracy or rico case would not lie. So that means that the current Georgia State prosecutor is going to look at ways of charging Donald Trump in about fifteen to twenty other associates of trying to fix the Georgia election, which of course did not have failed miserably. It didn't work. Georgia was one, as you might recall by Donald Trump, etc. I'm sorry, by Biden and the US Senators, And what they want to do, somehow is to change the outcome of the election. What they want to do is prosecute Donald Trump and everyone else. So if you're Donald Trump, it's something thunder on the horizon that may come back to you in two or three years plus from now, when you're eighty three years old. You could be sitting in a Georgia state courtroom like you did in New York City with Alvin Bragg, fending off these ridiculous charges. But if you're one of the twelve to fifteen other individuals who simply were around Donald Trump, like his chief of staff, like Meadows, like his chief economic advisor, like those involved in the effort to count ballots in the state of Georgia, your behavior is now criminal and they're coming after you and most normal Americans you're and me included. We cannot afford to have a half million dollars or more in legal fees to pay out. And that assumes that you're found not guilty. If you're found guilty, and then the criminal appeal process starts, and you'll be at this for the next several years trying to fend off criticisms that you were in some conspiracy with Donald Trump to send a different slate of electors to Washington from the state of Georgia, which, by the way, has happened repeatedly in American history. Now, it happened repeatedly when we didn't have means of communication we have today. But it was not unusual for two sets of electors to go from Iowa to Washington, d C. In the early part of the twentieth century, and then the House would determine which state of electors to sit and they're the ones that vote. It's happened repeatedly. But now this has been criminalized by Fanny Willison by the Democratic Party again, same things occurring in the state of Arizona, where a presidential partner commutation doesn't lie, it's a state charge. And so talk about the threats to democracy, talk about weaponizing the law because of one's political persuasion. It's been going on against Donald Trump now forbout the last ten years, and this can continuing. When I had on Eric Trump, we scheduled have Eric Trump come on again next week. Talk about what's happened to his family since the president decided to run for office. They're attacking through all means necessary unnecessary. So the whole Georgia thing, many thought, Okay, that's going to go away, that's not going to work, that'll never fly. Well, guess what, it's back. It's back again with a vengeance. And so maybe some of the twelve to fifteen other criminal defendants indicted by Fanny Willis who don't have the presidency to protect them, may be in the criminal court in the middle of next year on charges that carried ten years in prison. And those are the games the Democratic Party play. Same thing in Arizona, same thing in New York City. Alvin Bragg took payments to a porn star and said that the Donald did not put her name on the forms making a campaign donation when she was paid off. Now that is not the right of a state prosecutor to do it. But Donald was convicted. His sentence was cr which means costs permitted. But he's still appealing that. And so when you associate with Donald Trump, the Democratic Party wants to make it sure that you know there's consequences of state, local, city, county, and federal prosecutors that will come after you. In fact, King Jeffries and others said that if in when they seize the presidency again, which might happen in twenty eight, they're going to continue to weaponize the Department of Justice against Donald Trump and the Republicans go back after them again and again and again. When does it stop. I have no idea when it stops, but I know for America it's not a good thing. So we'll see what happens down the road. And that's something to keep your eye on, because they're coming after him through any means necessary, you know. Every now and then I like to do a little bit of a week in review of what we've done this week. If you miss the day, you miss a lot. There was a poll taken that's seventy percent of Tri State residents if you would have picked one radio station to listen to and none other, it would be this one. And so I take that seriously. On Monday, I had on Senator John Euston from Ohio about the shutdown what was going to happen a day or two later, and Euston to pointed out that by voting to keep the government open as John Eusta did. The media is saying he's trying to shut down the government, and when US senators of the Democratic Persuasion voted seventeen times to keep the government shut down, the media says what they were trying to do was open the government, which is an incredible juxtaposition to reality. That's not the case. In fact, this morning I watched the game Jeffries talk again about what's going to happen January the thirtieth. He was on MSNBC soon to become ms now the leader of the Democrats in the House said on June twenty ninth, I'm sorry. On January twenty eighth, twenty ninth, and thirtieth, they're going to again to try to have the American people pay for a debt spiral of Obamacare to keep it propped up with your tax dollars. And he says we may shut down the government again, and this time he thinks it will last longer than forty three days. This is absurd, it is wrong. If the media covered it correctly, we'd have different outcomes. Pursuing there too. I had on Curtis Howk of the Media Research Center, and they record all the ABCNBCCBS, and the PBS broadcast in NPR. Ninety one percent of the media coverage was blaming the Republicans for the shutdown, even though the Republicans voted against the shutdown and given credit to the Democrats, even though the Democrats voted to keep the government shut down. Many of the American people were so confused with what's going on they simply blamed Donald Trump. And how do we get out of this cycle? I have no clue. As many said in the beginning and the founding this great nation, it's a republic if you can keep it. And that means that if the mass means of communication have failed, and that more and more individuals can't trust what they hear in the mainstream media. About seventy five percent don't trust what they hear and what they see because they don't believe it's truthful. Where do you get necessary information upon which you can cast an inform ballid hopefully places begin like right here and on Tuesday and on Congressman Soldier brad Winstrop retired as a colonel, and he talked about the politics of the shutdown, which ended, of course, and they were getting ready to vote on Wednesday to open up the government, and brad winstro pointed out that the Democratic Party, when they're out of power, is in the business of suing and prosecuting Republicans, and secondly, they're in the business of blaming the other side for the failures of their policies, most of which was the Unaffordable Care Act, which told to Americans not covered by insurance anywhere else, come into the exchanges. The government will make a lot of the payments for you. Your Obama promised that twenty five hundred dollars a year would go down in premium payments. He promised that Obamacare would cause the deficit to be reduced by four trillion dollars, and that the average premium would continue to go down because more people were in the pool. As things turned out, As I pointed out about an hour or so ago, I have a relative of mind who calls me uncle Willie, who called me twenty seven years old. And so I've been in the Obamacare exchanges now for two years. I'm a young, healthy male and I'm covered in a sense for medical care because I can go to the er to get coverage. Because you can't turn me down. Why do I pay seven hundred dollars a month with a five thousand dollars deductible, So he pays about what about eighty four hundred dollars a year in premiums. He's got a five thousand dollars deductible. That means he's got to have he's got to have pay. He's got to have bills of about thirteen and a half thousand dollars each year before he gets a nicola coverage. He said, this is stupid. I'm dropping my Obamacare. And I said, well, if you do that and you have to go to the er if something serious happened and a single pay, which is you, it means that you'll be charged and if you don't pay, they'll send you to collections if you can't work it out. He said, I don't want that either to ruin my credit. I said, good point. So decide which way you want to go.
Speaker 3: Stay in.
Speaker 1: Do an exchange that you don't use that cost about fourteen thousand dollars a year as a young person before you get to have a nickel of coverage. And if you don't do that, you may have bad credit for the rest of your life. And so when this comes up, I mentioned this to my guest about an hour ago. This is all headed toward a single pair system in which medicare what's like in most of Western Europe. It's like the DMV. You're not charging anything as part of your taxes, but care is to minimus. There's no great pharmaceutical discoveries that doctor carryoucus is don't work in that environment. Many persons that are younger don't want to get into medical care. It's too expensive. And when you put thirty million additional people into the country, thirty million illegals, on top of the twenty million already here, maybe fifty million people live in this country, they shouldn't be here. Housing will go up, emergency use will go up, the public schools will get more crowded, and average Americans like you and I will pay the burden of all that. So it is sick and it's sad, and it's the way things are. And then later on Wednesday, we had the big vote on Wednesday night in the past, but you and I heard from Congressman Warren Davidson who talked about the fact there will be two or three Republicans that are going to shall I say, vote to keep the government shut down. The great majority of ninety seven percent voted to open it up. But he said there will be four or five Democrats who have some common sense that live in swing districts that can't vote that way. And so the Democratic Party voted to make sure TSA agents continue to sleep in their cars, that soldiers are not paid, that the hunger are not fed. But if you ask the American people, the polling came out today in one source that the Republicans were blamed for the shutdown and not the Democrats. So they know the end of January, the primaries are going to be in many states in March, April, and May getting ready for the midterm. So the Democratic Party once again will say we want to keep alive and intact a failing, large, expensive government program that benefits less than seven percent of the American people and call it healthcare when it's not healthcare. And then yesterday I also had on Kully Stimpson of the Heritage Foundation about what's happening at cal Berkeley. In fact, many college campuses that Charlie Lark legacy continues, but on many college campuses you can't express certain viewpoints of a conservative Christian character otherwise you'll be have your tables turned over and you'll be assaulted. And thank god the EUSt Department of Justice Civil Rights Division is going to be out there to hold accountable in Berkeley, which is the free speech, free speech haven, the idea that all speech, especially this kind of speech, should get some benefits. And lastly, today add on Michael whose last name must be saved, a big time developer and OTR you miss the day, you miss a lot. He talked about the daily risk of living and to OTR he talked about the seven figure investments he made in apartment buildings. In fact, there's a bar there called Privies, which is violent, in which four people were shot about a week ago. That every day, every night when they let out his open air drug use, there's lots of blood running in the streets in and around Privy. He's complained many times as many OTR residents have complained to city council to share along at that purival. Get no return calls. But the most important two things he said. I think Michael said is that there are no go zones in OTR. That if you live in OTR, which he does, he knows which streets to go on to which streets not to go on to in OTR, and the police know what streets to go on to, which streets not to go on to. He also said that the gunfire is a frequent part of what occurs. I know Channel nine is tried now repeatedly to get shot spotter out of OTR. A captain sent me a shot spot or detailer when shots are fired in the last ninety days. If you took a blank piece of white paper and took some black pepper and shook it on the paper repeatedly, you'll get some idea that there's thousands of shots fired every month in OTR in the central Business District that generally don't hit people. You might be wounded, four to five hundred are wounded, but most are not killed. And I think Michael made the point that city council and the city manager is not listening to the homeowners and to the businesses in OTR. As a consequence, it's teetering and hopefully it won't tip over and lastly miss the day you miss a lot. Katy Talento came on. She was part of the Trump team in twenty eighteen twenty nineteen to get rid of Obamacare, because it is too expensive, does not provide care, but mainly it benefits greatly the insurance companies who have been paid one trillion dollars to provide coverage to individual Americans. And they're in the business of denying care, denying coverage and making you appeal till you give up. Also because of the deductibilities healthcare at all, and the premiums are going up and up and up, and those healthy in the system going down and down and down, which means that things in a death spiral. When something is in a death spiral, do not try to prop it up illicitly by putting more money into it. The program has failed, so let's not continue to fund it. Democrats don't feel that way. You miss the day, you miss a lot. Let's continue with more. After two thirty we scheduled to have the Seat and Saints here. The Seat and Saints a volleyball team who won the state title. And there's a pleasure to have the kids from Madeira. I see many of those girls in and in and around Madera at Starbucks, et cetera. And they're the hope of this great nation. Led a course by Kenji Matsudu Matsudo and also coach Brady and John from Harvard two twenty five Home of your Bengals. Maybe next time we'll get together on Monday. The Bengals, ever win in Pittsburgh be one game out of first. If not, the three games out of first, and the season is lost. All on News Radio seven hundred WuW.
Speaker 3: O' paul's and open it up for questions.
Speaker 1: Hello quiet, I'm broadcasting card segment. We had more high school royalty here today. The Saints came marching in loud, proud, and Sassey had bands and major rettes all over the place. Explain who's their segment if anyone will there?
Speaker 8: The Seat and Saints have been the best girls volleyball team in Ohio for the last two seasons. Each year the ranking is number one, and they whipped up on the Mentor in three straight sets.
Speaker 1: A tormented Mentor their.
Speaker 8: Eighth title, overall eighth twenty eight and oer record twenty eight to fourth, undefeated, championship.
Speaker 1: Undefeated, untied on score.
Speaker 8: They dropped us three sets the entire season, the Deer Park High School on the fewest of any team in Ohio, joining Tippecanoe and Tylor Catholic and Calvert.
Speaker 1: Coach, tell me what's special about these girls from Seaton. They came marching in. Nobody beats them. Nobody beats them. Explain about these girls and the accomplished.
Speaker 6: Seaton talented special kids, special senior.
Speaker 1: Class, tall, tall, powerful, athletic. When I was in high school, then they didn't make girls like this. Now they're six foot one.
Speaker 6: It's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Now you're telling me. Introduce the players here, coach, from left to right, right to left. Start in the middle. Start the left, start and the right, then go back to the center, then to the right, and then to the left. Go ahead.
Speaker 6: Sure, I got eleven of our players here today. I got Kenna.
Speaker 11: Calli, Free, Grace, Naddy, Leah, Kirsten, Maggie, Hallie, Charlie, Meredith Reagan.
Speaker 1: Now which one is the best one? Tell me the best player you got.
Speaker 6: They're all the best.
Speaker 1: They're all the best. You got your assistant coach with you too.
Speaker 6: On My assistant coach, Bree.
Speaker 1: Bree keeps an eye on everything. Are there plays in volleyball? Like if it's getting tough, it's a fourteen. All you got to get the you get fifteen or twenty one? Twenty five is twenty four to twenty four and you gotta score? What play do you call? Is it red dog? Is a crossbuck? Twenty five? What play do you call?
Speaker 6: What play do we call? CALLI Get it done?
Speaker 1: Sounds like a country song right there? Segment? Give him some sports. Will come back with some of my academic questions. Will he the stoutureport is the proud service of a local Tamestar.
Speaker 8: Heating interconditioning dealers, Thamestar Quality. You could feel a beautiful Milford the home of one main gallery called Baker Heating at five one three eight three one fifty one twenty four.
Speaker 1: Give me some spot segment to make it fast.
Speaker 8: High school football tonight will the all across at Tri State coverage begins at six. High school football Tonight show on Fox Sports thirteen sixty Arizona and the UC Bearcats tomorrow in Big twelve Football Wildcats against the Bearcats Bengals at the Steelers Sunday?
Speaker 1: What angle the action right here? On seven hundred WLW Do you play defense in volleyball?
Speaker 7: We do?
Speaker 1: Could you help? Maybe the Bengals at Pittsburgh on Sunday maybe we got some good blockers. Please continue.
Speaker 8: Let's see Xavier as our first road game in college basketball tonight action at seven point thirty here on seven hundred w all of you and also Willie, we want to say congratulations to the Miami RedHawks are the eight time champions of field hockey at the Mid American Conference and the NCAA Field Hockey Tournament. Today in the first round, Miami is upset fourth rated Virginia in Charlottesville two to one.
Speaker 1: Impossible.
Speaker 8: So the Red Hawks will play in the second round Sunday at one o'clock either against Yale or Northwestern.
Speaker 1: Coach, I got a note here from Pete Whitty of Western. You know Pete Whitty Right there. He says, my wife won one hundred and six and zero won three state titles and fishburn Witty. Is that true? That's true? So these girls run, they've lost more in three games, and that team lost over three years.
Speaker 6: Well, but that's their match record, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can't do better. Stay titled.
Speaker 6: You can't do better. We're forty We have a forty one match.
Speaker 1: Strip, forty one segment. Please continue. That's all I got now, girls, all the time, I want to test your academic achievements. That's Seaton because we had good results, we've had bad results. First up, it's like it's academic. I'm gonna give you five questions some US citizenship tests. Are you ready? What are the three branches of government? Who can answer a question? Get up to the mic? Three branches of government? Get up there? What's your name? Yeah? Can I get up there? There's the mic right there? What are the three branches of government?
Speaker 4: Lative, legislative, executive?
Speaker 1: And then that's it right there?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Next up, another question is how many states are there in the United States of America?
Speaker 4: Fifty?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: How many colonies were the originals? Thirteen? Can you name three of the original colonies?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: What was that.
Speaker 1: New England? Well, that's not a state. That's not a state. Come on, Massachusetts, Massachusetts in New Hampshire. That's correct, right there, that's not bad at all. Can you name the Vice President of the United States? J? E. Vance? Who's the governor of Ohio? What is the capital of Kentucky?
Speaker 7: Very?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 6: Right there?
Speaker 3: Not bad?
Speaker 1: What's the square ruto one? What is the value of pie? Not lemon, not lemon, not chocolate? What is the value of pod that we'll accept that as an answer. That's not bad at all, not bad. One more question. Name four of the five rights guaranteed to you as an American and the first Amendment the US Constitution. Speech is one religion, Religi two Pruss three four three four and petition your government? Coach? You doing pretty good?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 6: Pretty good?
Speaker 1: It's not bad at all? Segment your reaction. They pay attention in class, will they're smart? But they're not in class today are they?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: They have the day off because they're coming here to be honored. One of the five Great Lakes carry Superior Superior Michigan year on in Ontario.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 1: Segment.
Speaker 8: They got those right too. What about that they're big fans of the Edmond fit scherrell I bet went down about one hundred went down? How many years ago? About fifty years and a years ago?
Speaker 3: Monday.
Speaker 1: At some point, the foolishness has got to stop. Who's that voice right there? Mike Dewan coach next year? How does it look? Kind of set it up? I know you want to try to schedule mee coming now Notre Dame and Dale parksher you want to schedule them in volleyball. But how does it look next year?
Speaker 11: Well, we lose six incredible seniors, but we can return a good group. And our junior varsity team was twenty two and oh this year, so we should be in pretty good shape.
Speaker 1: The seniors, Who's which one of your girls? Six seniors? Are you one? Come up to the microphone here? What was the value of a seat in education, in companionship with with with your sport that won the consecutive state titles volleyball? What was the value of going to Eton winning the state title? The friendships, et cetera. What did you find good about Seton? What'd you find bad? What is your name? By the way, I'm Kirsten Kirston, Go ahead.
Speaker 4: I just felt like Seatson was just the right choice for me. There's people that are always going to be out there to support you, and many come to our games, which makes games like more fun to play in. And then also, these girls are my best friends. We do a lot together outside. We get a skyline, we do faith building with one of our soccer.
Speaker 1: Coaches, and we just where are you going to go to college? If anywhere?
Speaker 4: I'm playing volleyball at NC A and C.
Speaker 1: North Carolina Ashville Iger culture and type.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: Next, who's the next senior? Are you a senior? Come on up here, give me your first name, Natty? Natty? What did you learn about life from playing soccer at Seaton?
Speaker 6: Volleyball?
Speaker 1: Vollytrack from volleyball? Just like how to work together as a team for a common good. That's that's worthy to pursue a bad up bad right segment? Yes, sir, fine, Now, coach, how much support do you receive from the alumni like Pete Whitty and Chris Smitherman's at Seaton when it comes to volleyball, soccer, basketball? What kind of support do you receive?
Speaker 6: Incredible support. It's a it's a whole community. It's Seaton. We probably had over two thousand fans out the state championship match. Sea agree two thousand.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's been around for about one hundred years, not going anywhere, pride to price, so no question about it. Segment. That's unbelievable. That was at another center right at another Yeah, two thousand, it's great. And girls, I got one more question to ask. Are you prepared for this question? This is off the US Citizenship task. Fear in their eyes when you ask him questions. You know that, don't you. What is the supreme law of the land in the United States of America. What documents the supreme law of the land. That's it right there? What's your name, Charlie? The Constitution? Now give me the approximate year the US Constitution was passed and accepted by all thirteen colonies to form the United States. About what year was it? Seventeen? That's not bad, seventeen eighty seven. Who did America fight in the War of eighteen twelve, which the Americans won? Is you know eighteen twelve? Who did an America fight in the War of eighteen twelve? You said, Great Britain. That's it right there, your grandpabably. Who did America fight in World War Two? Who were the opponents of America? Germany and Russia? Not Russia, they were with it, Japan and Italy a little bit right there? Not bad. Who did America fight in the Vietnam War? Who were on the other side when they fought North Vietnam and the viet Cong, the NBA and the viet Cong, you might recall, is that correct? What is the date of nine to eleven? Why that's correct. I'm gonna little surprised. They're pretty good. Segment, what are you thinking? They're excellent? Well and very well on and off the court, on and off the court. I congratulations coach, And next year, may you have a three Pete. I understand that Pete Whitty might be buying you girls rings? Do they get rings? And everything they do? They get plaques, they get parades, they get confetti, the whole deal.
Speaker 6: The whole deal.
Speaker 1: Better than Mason, better than Mason. Now, girls, you're gonna champion in volleyball, be a champion in life. Do you want the three rules to live by? You're ready for these? Write these down? Number one graduate?
Speaker 3: Can you do that?
Speaker 1: From mcllegwhall, you're in high school? Number two either work or go to school? Can you do that? And number three? Don't commit crime?
Speaker 6: Can you do that?
Speaker 1: If you don't need red bikes, you don't need food trucks, don't need curfews. Number one graduate, Number two, work or go to school? Number three, don't commit crime. If you do that, you'll be great Americans. Congret you've been champions and volleyball, be champions in life. Segment get me out of the studs report, Congratulations, all hail the Saints, Willie and honor of the seat and Saints and champions. We leave you with the immortal words of the stood Refort.
Speaker 8: Next week's case handled about the highway patrol is a very exciting one.
Speaker 3: We hope you'll be with us until then.
Speaker 1: Remember the careless driver isn't driving his car, he's aiming it.
Speaker 3: This is Robert Crawford saying, see you next week.
Speaker 1: Do you girls have driver licenses? Yeah? Do you drive your car?
Speaker 6: Do you aim it?
Speaker 1: I told you a little bit about it, a little bit of both. She's the one whose grandfather listens to us.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes. What's his name? Mike Owins? Mike Oes, nice young man. Where does he live if anywhere?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: He lives in del High lives and die done count. He's the Dalahesian Dunken. Well coach, congratulations, assistant coach. We'll see well. I see you next year. Well you here last plan on him.
Speaker 6: We were here last year.
Speaker 1: You're gonna come next year. I'll beat Has anyone ever won more than three in a row in volleyball seat other than Setan?
Speaker 6: I'm not sure that's a good question.
Speaker 1: Do you have nil money for these girls?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: Name, image and likeness is coming to high school sports. And I'm told you all she wants is lunch money. Some quarterback at Mauler was going to be offered ten thousand dollars to pay quarterback for Maller next year. You girls, how to hold out for more money? What if you went on strike? What if you formed a union? What if you had to demand certain foods to be fed and maybe you got a lot of money. Would you want to go on strike?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you all? You just lost your team. Coach, you lost your team.
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 6: Willie?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Nil money. Are you worried about nil money?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: We play for we play for our school. We play for the love of each other.
Speaker 1: You don't play for money. Yeah yeah, yeah, girls, congratulations do it again?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hey yeah, it wasn't this much better than John? John? I got that? I got that right there. Let's continue with more two fifty four Home of Your Bengals. Here's Radio seven hundred w all different.
Speaker 6: That's got a picture