Speaker 1: Mudjoe on in the morning. This was something I was going to do in a.
Speaker 2: Trending news but I'm going to do it now because I saw it and I thought it was too good. So this is trending on Reddit right now. What do you think the craziest reason is why somebody would call in sick to work. When I tell you this, I want to ask the listeners if they think that this is a legit reason to call in sick. Okay, this is the actual letter that was sent to this person's boss. It says, hi, and they blacked out the name. Feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the work and my energy feels a little off, so not getting the vibe right now. Again, they're sending this to their boss, Please don't miss me. And then it goes into explaining what the stuff is that they had to do for work. They called in sick. They took a sick day because they said that their energy was feeling a little.
Speaker 3: Bit off personal mental health day.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I mean, listen, I wish I had the balls to do stuff like that that some of like the the twenties something.
Speaker 3: So please don't miss me though, don't you want people to miss you when you're out, so that yeah, there's security.
Speaker 1: That's right, joking though, like, please don't miss me.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you though, like I like, I don't think ten years ago that you could call or you could tell your boss.
Speaker 1: I'm taking The world is changed.
Speaker 3: My energy is off.
Speaker 1: I want to be like that. The world has changed, though.
Speaker 4: Man, you used to have to just suck it up, and regardless of how you felt, you had a job to do, you had a responsibility, you had an obligation. You got to go do your job. But honestly, I give them somebody energy off.
Speaker 2: My energy has been off that day and I've worked five and a half hours.
Speaker 1: Or whatever, and it's been Yeah, you fine, years tired. I know what you're doing. I got no energy. I'm so exhausting on what you're doing. All right.
Speaker 2: So here here's the question. I asked, what is the craziest excuse somebody gave for taking a sick day? Now, you get a sick day, or you get days probably that where you're under the weather. I don't think that I have ever taken and I've taken sick days when I wasn't sick, but I don't think I have ever used an excuse of hey, I'm just taking the day, even though I probably can do that and just say, hey, I just need a day whatever. But there are so many times where people will come up with their excuse and their excuse is either BS or it could be legit.
Speaker 3: Why do you even need to say? What why you are taking your sick day? I'm taking a sick day.
Speaker 2: Funny thing is I always feel like I have to explain myself because I think that people think I'm a BS or I am.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm the same. Yeah, if I ever need to call off or something, I'm like, this is what my voice actually sounds like, because I need to be believed.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that when you like.
Speaker 3: I've done that forever. But also I feel like you are allowed so many sick days. You don't need an exp just I am taking a sick day.
Speaker 1: That's the same thing when you.
Speaker 4: Go pick your kids up early for school and you got to son them out and they say, reason, yeah, come to get my job.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you something.
Speaker 2: I have signed out Luke from school and said because he's going to spend time with his dad today, And honestly, I remember at his school the person in the front office was like, good for you, that's great, Like they were cool with the whole thing. I just didn't feel like I needed to do. Like he's going on to my friends.
Speaker 3: Her daughter out at the end of this last school year because the UV was eight and she wrote that in them.
Speaker 2: Eight four Tour Mojo Live eight four four six six five six five four eight. I'm taking a day off today because my energy is a little off.
Speaker 5: With that.
Speaker 1: I mean, you have the day I want to be. They give you days I want.
Speaker 2: But you know, I know people that take all their sick days and they and they take them all and they don't in our company.
Speaker 3: They go over Like I just looked at mine because I had had to take off some days coming up, and when so many.
Speaker 2: When I had my heart surgery, I had so many sick days that I didn't have to do a like extendedly.
Speaker 3: I did the same thing for a maternity leave. Yeah, I just exhausted all my six days, but I was still getting.
Speaker 1: But there are some people. Listen.
Speaker 2: We've had people who worked on the show that used all their sick days, And I thought to myself, I'm like, man, if you do ever eventually decide that you're gonna, you know, have a baby. You have no days, you know what I mean, Like you're getting unpaid. I don't think they don't give you the pay. I don't think this company does it.
Speaker 4: But I used to work for companies where if you were no longer employed there, they had.
Speaker 2: To pay you out the amount day. I do that they do. I think that, yeah, I think that they might do that. Eight four four Mojo Live eight four four six six five six five four eight. Give me a call, or I'm taking a Rando. I'm gonna go Rando, Rando, Rando caller.
Speaker 1: Hi, Mojo in the morning. Hello, good in the morning. This is Puff.
Speaker 4: I had a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's your name one more time. I didn't catch it. Say it again, your phone cut out again?
Speaker 1: Say it? Kuck, Puck, Puck, p U c K puck. What's going on? Puck?
Speaker 6: I had a coworker come in once who called in because they were tired and stressed.
Speaker 1: And this was during COVID.
Speaker 2: Well listen though, that's leg thought that.
Speaker 3: I do think that's a legit. Yeah, reason to not man.
Speaker 2: But when you're Puck and you're the one having to do all the work, you're like now, you just made me even more tired and more struct You're switching that first letter, and I get, I get, and I get why you would be like, hey, I'm calling in for this one because it does. It falls on you. Now you're the person that has to do all the extra work. What's up, Tina?
Speaker 6: Hi, good morning, Good morning, guys, Good morning. So we had my husband and I have a plumbing company, and on one of our job sites, the guy came up to my husband and told him that he had to go home because it's Tina's hurt.
Speaker 1: Again, just say you have to go home.
Speaker 2: I would have I would have asked so many questions about that.
Speaker 1: Fantastic.
Speaker 6: My husband did ask a lot of questions. My husband doesn't have a social filter, so definitely had a fun time with it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's great, Miranda. What's up.
Speaker 2: It's Mojo in the morning. We're talking about crazy six day excuses.
Speaker 1: Hey, first time mon Miranda's on the phone.
Speaker 6: Hey, So I had an old coworker who called insit because her boyfriend had passed and she had a dashes and she called in sick because she stilled them.
Speaker 1: Oh noilled them. Oh it sucks. Valid.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's dallads very valid, but also like, did she right?
Speaker 2: What do you say to that? I sign the picture? Signed the picture. I want to see it, and the penis guy send a picture. What's going what's going on?
Speaker 1: Dennis? How you doing good?
Speaker 5: Good morning? How are you?
Speaker 1: We're good.
Speaker 2: We're talking about the craziest sick day excuses.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, when I was an employee or when I was a manager at UPS, one of my employees texted me one day and he basically sent me about a three scroll page on I message about just some sob story. And at the end of it, I read that his girlfriend kicked him out of the car and he's been walking for the last five hours.
Speaker 1: That's the worst.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, And it ended up being that he was actually twenty minutes away because my boss saw him walking.
Speaker 2: Wow, you know what I would have said, We'll come get you and we'll get you into work.
Speaker 1: You know, I know this kid was a dope fiend or something.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He was always itching and scratching, So I was okay with that. Josh, what's happening. It's Mojo in the morning, just.
Speaker 4: Calling about an employee us to work for me.
Speaker 6: And he called on the fourth of July and said that he was running late because he was at the Secretary of State.
Speaker 1: Dummy, did you call him out?
Speaker 6: Everything?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Not on the phone? Wait until he got there, and every employee.
Speaker 1: Called him out. That's awesome, a dummy.
Speaker 6: He never left. Let it down.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Hey, thanks, thank you for the call. We appreciate it. You can't sneak that in.
Speaker 2: And I sa at the end of the conversation, I appreciate you, buddy. Oh my god, this is crazy, Gina.
Speaker 6: You there, Yes, I'm here.
Speaker 1: What was the story?
Speaker 6: Okay, So I worked in HR at a factory and I had an employee of ours call in because he said his niece died and when they took her to the cornery that she woke up.
Speaker 1: Oh, when they took her to know then.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I was like, you are the you are the biggest liar ever. I was like so annoyed with this guy. And then I got home that night and I was watching the news and it was actually true. This was like a couple of years ago, and I don't know what happened. I guess she had a seizure and they thought she had passed and she did not pass.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, did you feel horrible?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 6: I was so mortified because I was really rude to him.