Speaker 1: There on August twenty third, My chemical Romance the next day on the twenty fourth of August.
Speaker 2: All the details at kapean dot com curre calendar.
Speaker 3: Ah, yes, concert's still rolling on football seasons here. Of course, we'll talk a lot about that as we go out through the week. They wear pads for the very first time today. I'm gonna go out to watch that, and here is an opportunity to listen to our receiver, Justin Jefferson talking about Kyler how quickly he's picking up on the offense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's he's definitely getting more comfortable with it. I mean, this is office is very complex and very difficult. A lot of verbal verbally verb you know what I'm saying trying to say, and you know, just a lot of moving parts and moving pieces to it.
Speaker 2: So just just like I said.
Speaker 4: The communication part of it, talking with him and making sure that he understands, you know, where I need to be at, where he would like me to be at all of those different things. So being on that same page as is a key factor.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, he's gotta have a good season. Here his voice, he's excited.
Speaker 5: That's where I got to give you credit because you would have just powered through and said like verbiage. Yeahge gave up on it, said, I don't know this word.
Speaker 2: I don't give up.
Speaker 6: Verbetude.
Speaker 2: You guys were right next to JJ last night.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was awesome, Addison JJ. Pat Williams was in our row, Gracie Vikings here last night.
Speaker 5: What did you guess for Pat Williams current weight? Uh, he's he's a huge bitch. Yes, yeah, he wasn't a fighting weight.
Speaker 2: He was you know, three hundred's tall.
Speaker 8: But he could have easily picked me up and through me. Oh yes, stadium. Yeah, but it's it's fun to watch something like that and watch like professional athletes lose their minds. It's just like you don't see you know, you don't see them as fans.
Speaker 6: You see them as players.
Speaker 8: And to see them like having a blast and screaming and jumping up and down, it's it's pretty funny.
Speaker 9: Well, there's nothing that brings the world and the community together like one giant man slamming another giant man down on a table right in front of it.
Speaker 2: You've always said that, Yeah, totally. It's my favorite.
Speaker 3: Again, if you just tune it in and by the way, watch some campan dot Com slash Watch, brought to you by our friends at Quantum Fiber. You'll see Steve, Paul and Eric from the Broken Lizard comedy group. I wanted to get right this time. Super Troopers three comes out August seventh, and we are on August third right now, just a few days away from being released. How does it feel right now? What is the nervous level or is it? Are you past that now?
Speaker 6: No, it's nerve wracking.
Speaker 8: I mean it's it's it's great that we spend you know, like three weeks up to the release on the road, so we're partying, we're having fun. It's a nice distraction. I mean, we're we're promoting it. But like it's just the most nerve wracking part of the whole process.
Speaker 9: It's all about that opening weekend and really that opening Friday that you get the.
Speaker 2: Good news or the bad news on fre night.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because I mean, you know, like bigger actors, bigger filmmakers, that's fine, they've already got the next thing in the pipeline. Obviously, everybody wants their movies to perform, but like for us, it's like that's what determines whether we get to make another movie is do people come out opening weekend?
Speaker 6: So it's very high stakes for us.
Speaker 2: So you're cheering against the Odyssey and Spider Man.
Speaker 5: You want those movies to epically fail advantage super.
Speaker 8: They've had a nice little run. I think we're ready for people to move on, you know, to lighter material. So yeah, I mean it's been a great summer. There's been a lot of great movies. People are really coming out to the theater. But yeah, we've got these big, colossal, gigantic movies out in front of us.
Speaker 5: So I think different demo though, right, I would assume you guys aren't necessarily targeting just Spider Man fans.
Speaker 2: You guys have a like.
Speaker 5: A you know, it's it's a comedy demo that is probably completely detached from those kind of movies. It's like, you're your fans are going to your movie, whether or not they saw those films.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I think it's it's just traditionally they have watched at home, Like with the first movie. The whole phenomenon of that first movie was that people taking the DVD, washing it with their friends, passing it on.
Speaker 6: It was a thing people watched on their sofas.
Speaker 8: So I think the challenge for us in the last few movies have been like rip it, can we get those people to go out into the theater? And it is such a great way to watch these movies, to watch any comedy.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: We've been doing screenings where you get two hundred and three hundred people in there and it's just such a fun way to see a whole, huge group of people laughing. So that's the big push we're making on this tour is like get people out at opening.
Speaker 2: Week to mention the THC beverages that are now available.
Speaker 8: It's so much easier to, yes, do the kinds of things you used to only be able to do in the privacy of your own home.
Speaker 6: You can go to the theater and.
Speaker 2: Is illegal here now? Oh sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it wasn't legal what I saw the first one, but we did it anyway.
Speaker 5: You gotta get home more, Eric, Yeah, you got to jump into this. Yeah, man, yeah, home So Eric, during the second one, when you were here promoting Super Troopers too, we were joking that Emmanuel, how do you say your last name is shreaky Shreeky from from Entourage?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 2: Yes, that that you joke.
Speaker 5: That it's kind of fun being in a movie and get to pick your love interest, because then you just get this lineup of gigantic.
Speaker 2: Names and you get to pick whoever you want. Do you have an interesting love interest in this one? This one? I do not personally in this one.
Speaker 7: In this movie, Farva is getting married and he's marrying Thorny's sister, the stuff that nightmares are made of.
Speaker 9: Right, this is a highly this is a highly sexual Broken Lizard movie.
Speaker 3: We've been waiting on that.
Speaker 9: Ye, finally, if only those guys are doing sexier movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's sexual movie.
Speaker 9: We want to expand our demographic, right, bring these Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm here, is going to go see your movie.
Speaker 2: Let's buy this ticket right now.
Speaker 3: I watched the short that you guys released. I'm like they got me. Yeah, And it's Hannah Simon.
Speaker 9: She's the new love interest for She's fantastic from from New Girls.
Speaker 2: She's great, totally game. She has to have a lot of love scenes with Farva.
Speaker 6: She gets to have a lot.
Speaker 9: Of right tree, did I say she gets right somewhere?
Speaker 8: Heffernan felt a chilly, but.
Speaker 2: So did she.
Speaker 9: But Paul, you know, it's like like Paul is kissing in this movie.
Speaker 6: Some smooching. Yeah, I mean that was another fun thing.
Speaker 8: Girl going back and uh, bringing Maurica Coughlin back, bringing back the Foster Ursula relationship.
Speaker 6: We touched on it a little bit in.
Speaker 8: Super Troopers too, but to make that a full storyline again and kind of check in and like, where would this relationship be all these years later that you know we we discovered in the first movie. So that's awesome because she's also fantastic, funny, beautiful.
Speaker 6: It's yeah, it's a cool.
Speaker 3: Part of the process is wonderful in this one.
Speaker 9: Is why do you say it's so cheaper?
Speaker 2: Questions? He's trying to stay.
Speaker 3: On, trying to get back to ask the questions. I tried to go less creepy. I got creepier. I can't help myself.
Speaker 2: We can hear your buttons coming in.
Speaker 3: They come and automatically these days. I can't help it. No, that's so cool, man. I mean, Linda Carter being in your film.
Speaker 2: Come on, No, that's she's great, that's awesome. That's wonderful.
Speaker 3: Again. August seventh, everybody get yourself out and see the film and and let's let's let's keep them work and keep the movies being made going all the way back to when we were talking about earlier. And by the way, this part of the show is normally brought to you by our friends at the Saint Paul Saints. I do the news here, but so thank you Saint Paul Saints. If you get an opportunity to get the Saints Baseball dot Com, get some take us down CCHS Fields. I believe they play Indianapolis this week. I believe, but we'll find out more later. But the super Trooper guys are here, and uh, we're talking about super Troops three August seventh. So back to Colgate and as you're growing and become being a comedy group, and the first thing I think of, and I think about this all the time, being a part of the Power two Morning, so a much smaller scale thing. But you're always worried that maybe you're the least funny or the least important part of a group. Do you, guys, ever worry about that? Is that ever a thing where you gotta every now and again kick a field goal, make sure people know you're still out there.
Speaker 2: Never never, I don't even care anymore. That's the thing, Is that right?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like we've been together so long, I don't care.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's it's true.
Speaker 8: I mean, everybody just wants to make the other guys laugh. And so as long as you're you know, and everybody is, every day we're cracking each other up.
Speaker 2: So yeah, with some you lose some, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sometimes you throw a brick out there, that's funny.
Speaker 2: There's some hits.
Speaker 9: There's some hits on every album, you know, sometimes they're not such good songs.
Speaker 2: But right, whatever it is.
Speaker 8: I mean, I think the neurosis is now that we do a lot more improvisation in the movies, because at the in the early movies, you just you know, you you didn't have time. You were shooting on film. It was all you just could only do it as scripted maybe two takes and you had to move on. Now we have that ability, and so you know, everybody throws out a lot of extra jokes. You'll bring jokes to the set, you'll improvise on the set, and yeah, that's when it's like what's going to make the final cut? Like what what are those little improv lines that are going.
Speaker 6: To be in the movie. So yeah, you get hung up on that and.
Speaker 9: Then you also learn, you know, like you gain wisdom, you learn what you like and what you don't like, you know. So like, for instance, Paul and I have a scene in a car with Disimukes and we were given a basket of cheese and crackers and like pound cake.
Speaker 2: As a prop to work with.
Speaker 9: And we decided, as older men that what we really wanted to do is just eat cheese and crackers and pound cake. And so because once you take a bite of something when the camera's roll, you have to do it again for like four hours every time you do a take. And that's just fine with me. I'd rather let somebody else do the talk. And I'm to sit here and eat pound cake with Paul and cheese and crackers. That's the kind of thing where that's on our mind these days.
Speaker 2: So you don't spit it out because you have to eat it for four hours. I never you said that, like, Chris, you're going to get hot, said nothing. I want to turn meat sauce on back guy, right, Oh you'll turn them on. Oh yeah, it doesn't take much.
Speaker 5: So is Chris is Chris is a kind of band analogy fair though like that that you know, it's staying together this long is kind of rare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean thirty we've met, we're eighteen, I mean.
Speaker 9: Imagine, yeah, but you know, but Paul is saying, it's like for us, you know, the writing process is probably when we'll argue the most in a collaborative sense.
Speaker 2: We have these disagreements and then, you know, it used to.
Speaker 9: Be that when we were shooting, because we were shooting on film and we didn't have a lot of money, they were just you know, you're so precious about these these you know, differences of opinion that you get into, whereas now shooting on video you can just be like, let's just shoot it both ways. And then in the editing room you're still working and they making business decisions because the movie is going to come out. But then finally when you get to promote the movie, it is like, you know, going on tour, and that's when we actually just get to sit in the on these planes and in the back of the sprinter vans and go out to dinner with each other and go to Summer Slam and just laugh with each other the way it was when we met. And so like, this is actually the best period of time for us. And so you know, I think that's the key to staying together, is that, like we can still have a great time with each other and make each other laugh.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Who who made the decision to keep these two in Minnesota and do Twin Cities live today? Is that accurate?
Speaker 2: Three to four thirty. Unfortunately, Kevin and Jay had to get in a plane early this morning.
Speaker 7: They were out at five am to go to New York in advance ors of press.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're at the divide and conquer mode now exactly sprint to the finish line and they're they're just yeah, yeah, getting everybody everywhere.
Speaker 2: Love it. I love that. I love that Eric is holding you hostage in Minnesota's long as possible.
Speaker 6: No, got a delightful stop on the tour.
Speaker 2: So a great time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys have been the best stop on the tour. You guys went to Manni's over the weekend. How was that our old haunts? Yeah, I would stare together.
Speaker 2: Yeah we did. Yeah, we had hit a lot of food.
Speaker 9: It's just so much foodser cake, but they've served other kinds of cake.
Speaker 8: We did not split it out. We did not spit it out, never do. No, that was an incredible meal.
Speaker 6: I mean it is.
Speaker 8: We're so grateful and that, Yeah, we get to go on the road together. We've been going on the road together since we had our first film and we couldn't find a distributor, so we just all piled in an RV and drove to.
Speaker 6: Colleges and you know, we would leap on floors.
Speaker 8: We'd roll into a town and do a radio interview and the DJ'd be like, hey, these dudes who made this movie have showed up. Does anybody have a place for them to stay? And when we we hope that somebody would call in and offer us their floor. And now we get to do stuff like that, like uh, like a ridiculous meal at a great restaurant, and it's just so it's just amazing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, after all these years.
Speaker 3: We're like Green Day Early in their crime and that just like a punk rock bin, sleeping on people's floors and promoting your stuff on your own.
Speaker 7: That's a great college radio station. Only onto New York. We begged anyone to let us crash their place, and some guy named Johnny.
Speaker 6: Johnny Retrigue took eight of us in.
Speaker 5: I also love on his floor and no concerns about him being some kind of a psychopath talking about it.
Speaker 6: This was a long time ago. It was an innocent time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were worried about it, but we talked about it.
Speaker 6: There are eight of us.
Speaker 2: We figured we could overpower him. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well things have changed a lot. Is obviously you guys have gotten more successful. And then let's talk about just the world changing as well as I'm doing research Paul into your past and what you've done outside of of Super Trippers and of course outside of a Broken Lizard. I read you were you directed a film and let me see, I was Cillian Murphy. Is I right? You worked with Cillia Murphy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, although the one thing I learned is it's pronounced Killian, which I I didn't.
Speaker 3: Know, and thank you for correcting me.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I did a film called Watching the Detectives with Killian Murphy and Lucy Lou years ago, just an indie comedy and.
Speaker 6: Jason today kiss isn't it?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 2: It too?
Speaker 6: Uh No, And that's you know, everybody does stuff on their own.
Speaker 8: I think that's another part of being able to work together is, Yeah, you don't get.
Speaker 6: To do every single thing you want in the group. There's compromise, and.
Speaker 8: So when you get an opportunity to do your own thing, it allows you to scratch that itch and then you get back to the group where you know, everything's a fight.
Speaker 1: Uh, get your battle for every line of dialogue, do you you guys have a beer fest two on the horizon?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know it's funny because we put that at the end of that movie as a joke and we wanted to get Willie Nelson in the movie.
Speaker 9: Yeah, WILLI was showed up and we just made the joke pot you know, he says, hey, I'm going super secret. You know, we spoke in competition, and so we just put you know, coming soon potfests. We didn't realize that people actually just believe you when you do things like that, And it is the question we had asked the most is when when's Potfest coming.
Speaker 2: We have had a few sessions working on it.
Speaker 9: You know, we're trying to figure out like what the story is, but we're we're slowly working. We do make a similar type of joke at the end of Super Troopers four. I don't know why we keep doing this to ourselves.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we make a duke that the joke that there will be super Troopers four.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're manifesting it that people go sweak into the box office.
Speaker 2: Then we can make another one. We should have.
Speaker 9: Written at the end of super Troopers three coming soon Potfest and just done the.
Speaker 2: Same joke as the same double down on us.
Speaker 8: People are out getting angry like it was for years. It was all right, guys, come on Wednesday, and now guys are aggressive.
Speaker 6: You promised to do a little bit of podcast and there's.
Speaker 9: No podcast, and it's it's surprising how agro Stoners actually are.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, you know they're like.
Speaker 3: Man, we mean we a long time not cool guys.
Speaker 2: Well, he's.
Speaker 3: Got to see more years after the man.
Speaker 2: The best.
Speaker 5: By the way, our buddy Mark Parish is he's on his way in because you guys were telling me a story during the break that he might have thrown a pocket somebody's head y'uring super Troopers.
Speaker 2: Too, So I want to ask you about that when he gets here, because.
Speaker 5: He said he was gonna come here because he wanted.
Speaker 2: To see you guys. Love you guys were going to be here at seven. Parish out gets here here, he's been here, snooze, he said, Damn snooze. Buttons.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've had that text at time. Er it's Mark's the best. He'll be here in a second. All right, More with the super Troopers three fellas after this. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the Van.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Final segment with our friends from the Broken Listening comedy group don't forget super Troopers three.
Speaker 2: Let's go see it?
Speaker 3: Yeah this Friday, This Friday, make them happy. Let's make some more movies. Maybe they'll, I don't know, include us in the background of one of their films one of these days. If we're nice enough to get every person in the Twin studies to go out to see the film, that's a fair.
Speaker 2: Fair deal. Thank you.
Speaker 6: I'll give you a line. I'll give you, guys, a couple of lines in podcast.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's calm down, Paul, not you, Paul. Paul.
Speaker 5: I'm walking through the theater the other day because kiddo wanted to see Spider Man.
Speaker 2: She's twelve, and I walk past the Super Troopers three poster and I name drop you. I go, hey, I know that guy, And.
Speaker 5: Before I even finished that sense, my wife goes, you're too young and you can't.
Speaker 2: See that movie.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to say, I just name dropping Eric here, but my wife cut it off. So apparently my twelve year old will not be seen super Troopers three ticket by the tickets, Superman, But you guys still get the money that works.
Speaker 9: I'm also going to say something to you that you know might not be healthy, but your wife is wrong.
Speaker 3: That's it. Oh?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I love it?
Speaker 11: Go yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, Also, we know what parts of Kevin get get seen in this movie. I mean a twelve year girl, your.
Speaker 2: Wife is right, yeah, okay, fair enough. There is a there's one angle of Kevin that but outside of that, she's probably heard worse on the bus or seen worse. Right, So outside of Kevin's scene.
Speaker 9: When we were twelve, we were going to see R rated comedies and horror movies.
Speaker 2: The airplanes, saying oh yeah, yeah, enjoy seeing.
Speaker 9: But my boys, you know, they they're fourteen and twelve, and I caught him up. They came to the premiere a couple of weeks ago, and they enjoyed it. My twelve year old review of the movie was it was amazing. So twelve year olds are okay, I love it. Oh, I don't know if I'm willing to gamble. My wife was I think you should? I think I like win a lot at my house by the ticket. I don't know if I would have win on that one. Yeah, just buy the ticket. Yeah, just buy the ticket.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 9: But it's not about winning and losing though, that's the thing. It's about communication.
Speaker 2: Oh you're so right, but man, relationships. Thanks Oprah. If you go back there, thanks Oprah, Man, I love it. They'll think you can make an own cry this morning. I'll make everyone in this room cry right now. It wouldn't be tough. For there's a couple of us that are on the edge. Just push us over. It's almost over. We're getting there.
Speaker 6: Who does meat Sauce cry up most twenty sixteen?
Speaker 2: Meet Sauce like crazy. I cried for a bottom body two years straight.
Speaker 5: But we're better now. We're in a good spot. You see Chris all the time. He's given him a five minute hog. Why does you come over here first?
Speaker 6: The clock's ticking on the broken lizards?
Speaker 2: Mark? Yeah, come on, Mark, what I do.
Speaker 6: Wround this time?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: You didn't even hug them guys and hugged him in a little bit, a little bit, Hi, steve him.
Speaker 9: Mark, You're so far away from us. That's that's intentional. That's intentional. He's coming in hot.
Speaker 5: Okay, so what's this story about you? Possibly hitting somebody in the head with a hockey puck.
Speaker 2: Is the keyword there. I was very excited.
Speaker 12: Uh my role was to hit uh Eric over there with a puck in the face or in the town hall meeting.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 12: First of all, I was very disappointed. First of all, it was a foam puck. It wasn't a real puck that I got to hit him with. So the weight of it was kind of throwing me off a little bit. And I kept throwing this curveball with the puck. Uh, and after it out like about a hundred takes, but I'm sure it was less than that. I think they finally gave up and they said it's okay, Mark, Well, just we'll see g I that puck for.
Speaker 2: It and don't worry about that.
Speaker 12: So I never actually ended up hitting him, but it sure was fun, you know, finally stealing a scene from Lemmy. And I think that's why I didn't get invited back for the Super Three.
Speaker 3: Actually, well, today's day, We're going to give you a real puck, and you're really gonna yeah, film the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Cool, there we go perfect.
Speaker 9: Actually I feel guilty, but we actually have footage of you or maybe it was Paul Fletcher. We have footage of a really good throw yeah from you guys that comes right at the camera.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was probably one of my curveballs.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, we know it wasn't russo yeah, we know it wasn't Russo.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 2: I didn't let anyone else throw that puck. That was all that was all mine and I messed it up.
Speaker 3: How excited are you for super?
Speaker 2: I cannot wait to laugh?
Speaker 6: My ass cannot wait?
Speaker 3: Yeah, how long have you been?
Speaker 2: Wait? At least forty minutes? Yeah, that's about what I thought.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, yes, and I was the plural is important there the snooze buttons, because yeah, I said, multiple alarms and every single one of them has a snooze button. That's all right, it's more dangerous than having just the off button.
Speaker 3: Before we lose you guys to the rest of the world once again, and we get to the initial game a little good. Can I get in the weeds with you about the movie business for a week after a minute if you don't mind, Is there any thought to when when obviously putting your film in the theaters, that is the goal. That is what movie people want to do. You want to see yourself on the big screen. But with the way the world is these days, you know, putting it on Netflix or on Prime or anything like that, what's the what's what's the difference to you guys? Why do you make the choice to go to the big screen instead of trying to sell yourself to Netflix or something.
Speaker 2: I mean, Paul was saying it earlier.
Speaker 9: There really is nothing like sitting through I think a comedy movie or a horror movie movie, like sitting in there with a room packed full of people, and you know, we've done it with these test screenings, and it's like it's the way it should be done. You know, you can you can watch on Netflix. I'm not you know, criticizing those things at all, but like, you know, getting out there and actually being with like your fellow humans and having a communal experience is a cool thing.
Speaker 2: That's kind of how we were raised on comedies.
Speaker 7: I mean I remember growing up seeing Spinal Tap in the theater, Fletch and Caddy Shack, you know, and the communal experience.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that's what we want to have happen.
Speaker 8: With everything that we we do, it's ultimately up to the studio, and we're very lucky because there are so few comedies in theaters now. When the studio said that they would do that with this, we were thrilled because, Yeah, the last movie we did was this movie called Quasi, and we loved it. It was so fun and it's an awesome, funny movie. But it was done for Hulu and just streaming movies get lost. I mean they put you know, they put a ton out and they're not marketed, so sometimes they just don't, you know, make a splash.
Speaker 6: They're harder to find. So with the theatrical comedy.
Speaker 8: With a theatrical movie, you know, you get to do a lot more press and there's more promotion for it.
Speaker 6: So that's you know, that's always yeah, what we want to do.
Speaker 3: That's interesting. Yeah, I'd thought about that also. I was someone we were talking about this the other day, Corey, about you what wasn't we were talking about you watched and you didn't really like it, but you watched the whole thing anyway, and so as far as Netflix is concerned, it's success because you watched it.
Speaker 5: You know, yeah the Hawk on Netflix. I love Will Ferrell and I love Parnell and Molly Shannon. So'm like, I'm gonna give the show a chance, and it just didn't do much for me. But I technically head it on in the background, so I it looks like I watched the whole thing, and I technically kind of did. But as Chris made the point when I said that, he goes well, but Netflix then now thinks from a data perspective that you watched all ten episodes and loved it, so they're probably going to keep feeding that machine. I'm like, well, I guess it's a win for Netflix then, yeah, right, and I think they want you to keep going.
Speaker 9: I think technically it's like that they only need you to watch for like it's like seven minutes or something like that before it gets officially recorded. You could change the channel after some short amount of time accounts as as a view for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a great It's a great cast, though it is.
Speaker 3: I thought it was good. Yeah, yeah, it got worse is the episodes went, but it was good.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But even so, it's it's it's like you said with with Quasi or whatever, it's it's the idea that there's so many places for things to land is a good thing for creators, right because they're gonna have you're gonna have so many streaming options to sell to, right. It's whether it's a show or movie, whatever it's you can find a home if if you really want to, which is really great, you can, you can, you know.
Speaker 9: But it's it's interesting because like Quasi is something we actually, if I'm remembering correctly, we wrote that at the same time that we wrote Super Troopers, Like we really wrote it back in the nineties, like the first draft, and you know, so you wind up spending so much time, investing so much of your time, and you start to care so much about these things. We had a great time filming it, you know, like maybe one of the most fun times we've ever had, and but then this thing comes out and you know, like Paul is saying, it's like it's it's lost, and so like, you know, it's a little disappointing because you're like, Okay, well, you know, we've been building up this thing for twenty plus years and it's gone. We you know, we remember, we we like it, but like, you know, I don't know, we don't even know how many people saw it.
Speaker 2: Huh. You know they don't tell you. They don't have to tell you. They don't have to have to.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, So when you when you make a movie for you said Hulu? Correct, do they do they have? Is it like a contract where for the next five years we get this and then where does it go after that?
Speaker 2: How does that work? Who has the long term rights? Any idea how that works?
Speaker 9: We have some idea of how it works, vague idea, but have we you know, I haven't gone back and checked the contract in quite some time.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, we're going to get every Power Trip listener to go out and see Super Troopers three this coming weekend, the seventh, but the entire weekend. We want everybody to see it the day comes out, so you guys feel good and know that you hit another home run. So every Power Tripper get out there and support our guys.
Speaker 1: Eric.
Speaker 3: It's great to see you as always, always fun, so great to meet you guys. Thank you, and please for Super Troopers four, come in and do this again. And uh, I know it's going to be a horror film. I think that's the next angles I would I have heard you guys are going to do a romantic horror film.
Speaker 2: Horror western. Yeah, western's even better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'd like to go back to the future. Three thing right, supertroopers, back in the Old West. We have written a Western called Mustache Riders.
Speaker 3: I'm standing on line today.
Speaker 2: And podcast, so you guys get a lot of work today. Get to work, you guys a lot of work to let's hit the office.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a real honor to have you guys in. Thank you so much, guys, Yeah, thank you very all right.
Speaker 5: Now you guys get that uh personated Mark Parrisha comes.
Speaker 2: Hey, getting back for initials exactly.
Speaker 5: You can listen at eight fifteen and then you're welcome back anytime.
Speaker 2: We want to be in the tournament next year. Done, yes, done, done, all right, Steeve, Paul Eric, thank you guys are the best. Thank you.
Speaker 5: More of the Power Trip Morning Show after this initials at eight fifteen, one of you gets a shout at one hundred and twenty one thousand dollars as a Ja takes on. Glenn and Adam Weber and Ron Johnson and Brett Blake more locks to get to between now and nine. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the fans from the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Northern Tool and Equipment. I always except westbound time from how welcome.
Speaker 3: Back Patrick Morris here here we are on the studio is getting pulled the super Trooper guys on their way out. Don't forget August seventh, This coming Friday, Supertroopers three go to the theater to see it. I love those guys, good dudes.
Speaker 5: Really good dudes. And I love that Parish was so excited to see him and he comes in for seven minutes. Yeah, I know because his snooze button. It's the most Mark Parish thing of all time. Yeah, yeah, Parish to the best. He'll be back here in a second. Yeah he's talking to those guys.
Speaker 3: I can't I saw a j I'm I mean they're starting to roll in, man, getting ready for the for the big day.
Speaker 5: You just never know if this is a real thing in Initials, whether it's you know, rest versus rust, Like Glenn hasn't played in a year outside of Initials Game Live, AJ hasn't played in almost a year, right, Like it's a we'll see if they're rust here or not.
Speaker 2: I'm not mentioning Brett or Adam or Ron, but uh, you know, we'll see. Yeah, we'll see if they'll enjoy the ride. Maybe they enjoy the ride.
Speaker 5: We'll find out in like thirty minutes. But it's gonna be tough to be Chris was locked in on Friday.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, that was a dominant performance. That was really good. When do you play Sauce the fourteenth? Yeah? A week from Frida, week from Friday? Okay you ready? Oh yeah, yeah, it'll be great. Yeah, he's ready. Best of luck.
Speaker 3: How cool would it be the big movies with your friends like that?
Speaker 6: That's so cool.
Speaker 2: Those guys are so cool man.
Speaker 3: Making real movies, going to the theater to see yourself on the movie screen. I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: Hey, did one of you guys ask them when they you know, the movie gets done and all that. Did they pick when it comes out?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 2: Are they given options?
Speaker 1: Because obviously they're not going to go up against the Odissey or Spider Man?
Speaker 2: Are they giving sure the studio picks the studio? I would think that the studio does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think because they have to work in with the rest of their schedule. I guess yeah.
Speaker 5: For sure. Like I said earlier to those guys, my guess is that their demo is different. Right, Like, if you're on the couch and you see an ad for super Troopers three, I don't think you're going, well, I would see that, but I'm gonna go see the Odyssey.
Speaker 2: So that's the only money I'm spending on movie, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Like, if you're if you're a fan of the Supertroopers, you're probably gonna go regardless of what's in the theater.
Speaker 2: At the same time, hopefully you saw both, you know, maybe you saw both.
Speaker 10: Well, I mean nobody, I mean the Odyssey and Spider Man both are going to make a billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Came out two weeks apart from exactly.
Speaker 3: Superpre is gonna make a billion dollars.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe the key for super Troopers threes It should have had Tom Holland and John Burn doll and z India yea, and just let them do all of the movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Zindia the Queen Man.
Speaker 2: She was great in Odyssey. Yeah. She just didn't even have to say much, right, just it was just the look. All you needed was the look great, very disappointed look. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Always.
Speaker 3: She always said in an Inverywow. I was reading, by the way, about how she's disappointed I ever seen.
Speaker 2: That's funny. She's great and Spider Man too, though.
Speaker 3: All right, really, but I don't know why you used to upset.
Speaker 2: I'm not excited.
Speaker 5: That seems mad about So again, I know I'm the wrong person to ask, because again, those movies just aren't my thing.
Speaker 2: And that's fine, and I'm happy that you guys like it.
Speaker 5: Are are Marvel fans, though, pleased with the Punisher thing because I love John Burnenthal, but that did nothing for me in this movie. Were you is the consensus that the Punisher thing is cool or yeah, milke warm or what.
Speaker 10: Yeah, everybody wanted him to come back when it was because there was like the Netflix Marvel stuff and then there was the movie Marble stuff, and at first they weren't one cohesive thing, and so there was questions if there was going to be a recast. But everybody, i mean, John Burntell was pretty much the perfect Punisher. There's been I mean there's been several now it's this prob Yeah, so yeah, he's he's perfect, and everybody wanted him to come back.
Speaker 2: So everybody's pretty happy with that. I think was there a Punisher series.
Speaker 10: There was a series on Netflix that went for two seasons, but it was like the second season came out after they had already announced that the Universe was dead basically, but.
Speaker 2: Then he did came out, poor Universe.
Speaker 10: But they just came out with like a fifty minute mini episode thing right before Spider Man of the Punisher, basically just shooting people for forty five minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people, Yeah, it happened, got its sweet, and the Viking's going to punish people.
Speaker 6: On the Power Trip presented by.
Speaker 3: I'd like to say thank you, rad Coe. Appreciate it very much, Ladies and gentlemen. The Coach spoke yesterday, the ads go on today. Here's Ko on the opening of camp. But how it's going so far.
Speaker 11: We've gotten off to the energy at camp, a focus, there's a there's a you know, a level of conviction at which we're doing everything, many of which is player driven. As as you know, the best teams are always player owned and operated. But I'm proud of our guys, and now the challenges can we be consistent with that every single day and really establish that standard and those habits that will last us all the way through the.
Speaker 3: Season again ko on Kyler Murray Murray so far, you.
Speaker 11: Know, we're really just in the early stages, even though it's you know, we're trying to you know, move full speed ahead with our volume. You know, I think it's still early enough that it's kind of hard to pinpoint any tendencies by the day. But at the same time, I you know, seeing him do that and hitting some of those down the field kind of throws even into some you know, different variations of some of the flow's exotic looks, you know, was encouraging, and JJ had some as well. Carson hit along one to Miles Miles Price as well. So we're just trying to implement our offense. You know, we're trying to really focus on some foundational things that you know, the quarterbacks play a big role in. But it's an all eleven thing right now for sure, regardless of what personnel grouping we're in.
Speaker 3: And finally, again as they put on pads today, people are talking about not only how fast he is, but how just cut from stone Jordan Mason looks this year.
Speaker 11: He's in unbelievable shape right now. I think the things that he really thrives at and has proven too. We're emphasizing in some aspects of our different un run game schemes, and you know, he's already made a few cuts, a few runs and things that have demonstrated just not only a comfort, but a guy that's prepared and ready to go.
Speaker 2: I'm really excited about Jordan running games.
Speaker 3: You got to be there this year, guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, at one hundred percent does because a lot of the plays and stuff that they do dictate off that right, the play action, especially if Murray's the starting quarterback, moving him out of the pocket, you gotta have the defense at least bite for a second on a on a run action kind of play bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exciting, right, and the kid is fast. Did you see him on Saturday at all?
Speaker 1: Hurry no, h Clayborne, Yeah, not really because we're we were, uh the offense practice way on the other end of the field and we could not see what they were doing.
Speaker 3: I'll give you your report.
Speaker 2: But Caleb Man, Caleb is a monster.
Speaker 5: That guy.
Speaker 1: As long as he's healthy, there's he is going to be a very good football.
Speaker 3: What if we get the most out of the very first draft class we have without quazy. Right, if we get like three stars.
Speaker 5: It's nuts because his legacy I think is already cemented. He just could not draft. Yeah, but it would be nuts if Rob Razinski his nails, the one draft that.
Speaker 1: He's getting control over, just just crushes one of them and he's winging half of him.
Speaker 3: I mean he just throws double middle fingers and walks out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I don't know why I do that.
Speaker 1: They're first, I mean, gold Ey, Big Citrus and Caleb are also playing with the ones.
Speaker 2: Man, that's a huge thing.
Speaker 3: We're playing with your one.
Speaker 2: Please your voice, Big Citrus. Yeah, it'll be great.
Speaker 5: A couple of football players on their way. And in a second, Ron Johnson and Adam Webber. Ron played football, he did for the Minnesota Golden Gophers, as did Adam Webber.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a thing or two about a quarterback. Yeah, Adam's great camp. Yeah, Tommy's excited for Adam to be I'm sure, yeah, surious. He's done in here, Tommy.
Speaker 3: You know he said his alarm to come in and say hi as well. Yeah, literally, here's Paris.
Speaker 6: I am tired.
Speaker 1: You stand down in the hall and they're like, are you leaving? And He's like, yeah, just came in to say hi, I was here for five.
Speaker 2: Minutes, which is great. Like this guy.
Speaker 3: They love him too, that Marco Parish.
Speaker 2: Are you excited to do anything else today? No, you'll go back to nap and then wait for podcast to come out. Yeah, that'll be great anyway, that's Vikes. More importantly, what's Thursday at seven?
Speaker 3: I do believe the first football game of the season.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, really already? Are you coming over? We're doing a zoom bit again? Obviously you guys were going to it. No, next year, we are next year. It's weird.
Speaker 1: Hawks tickets never showed up in the mail they roll oh.
Speaker 5: One of those uh you know, mail you physical tickets things the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 2: Do they mail you tickets? Got it go?
Speaker 1: I mean I think there's a real good chance, no, bit that Hawk will probably be there next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see what you're saying because you're going down.
Speaker 3: Hi, guys, they just were super excited to see you.
Speaker 12: Wasn't sorry about that, sorry, but yeah, No, they're just awesome, awesome people. They really are, deep down and they're hysterically funny. It was funny that I don't know if I ever told you guys. The first time I met him at Sean Poutine used to have a golf tournament.
Speaker 2: It was a huge golf tournament.
Speaker 12: Matt Damon would come in, like all these guys would come in and uh so we were at seven Corners Bullwinkles and uh, two of these guys just the two guys just come up to me and just are ripping the crap out of me for an islander and everything. And they're Rangers fans and and you know, it was jokingly obviously there was funny. So we're kind of having a conversation, uh you know, and then Eric came up and talked to me and he said, I'm from Hopkins and and and it was finally when they all got together.
Speaker 2: Uh and it was Kevin was the other guy.
Speaker 12: Uh So these four guys come come standing up to me and it wasn't until they were all standing together where all of a sudden, this light bulb went on over my head and I went, holy crap, you.
Speaker 3: Guys are the super Troupers.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 12: Yeah, So like it was awesome. We just we just instantly kind of bonded. Just amazing people and obviously it's.
Speaker 3: Very very funny and they made you a super movie star.
Speaker 12: Yeah, oh huge. I mean, don't blink because you'll miss my scene. But yeah, no, throwing the puck was was. It was a lot of fun. And it was funny because Paul Fletcher was giving me so much crap for the one that hit the camera and it was supposed to hit Stolehanski about ten feet away. Uh and yeah, that was the one that they loved the most. Of course, of course, so I claimed it was intentional cool. Yeah, I meant, I meant, what if it.
Speaker 5: Was old school filmming and every time you missed they had to do it again. Oh and it was just costing them tens of thousands because you couldn't hit him in the face.
Speaker 2: It would have been m f and me like mad.
Speaker 6: It was funny how like apologetic they were.
Speaker 12: They're like, they don't don't worry Mark, Well, well we can just see g I don't don't feel bad for saying eight million, don't worry.
Speaker 5: That was just the whole key to this entire scene. You missed fifty times and we're moving on, so I guess there's no joke.
Speaker 2: In this scene. Something else. The sun is going down.
Speaker 3: You know what's interesting to us. I was listening to you guys talking out there, and I can't believe how angry they were themselves for doing the movie Quasi before they met Start Sausage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were pissed. They're like, you would have been perfect, but I am. You have a costume atom we know what I look like.
Speaker 3: We just send all that money on c g I.
Speaker 1: They were calling me hunchy on their way. They kept saying that, yeah, you were great in the Odyssey, Yeah I was.
Speaker 5: Your sheep were adorable, by the way, Speaking of sheep, your guy a sheep stealer had a rough night last night.
Speaker 2: Teeth guys, teeth guy, rough night for sheep Stealer.
Speaker 3: Well there we go, so uh it gets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna be out of that show pretty quickly as well. All right, yeah, yeah, this one I'm loving. I love that show too. It's dragons, Yeah, Dragons, Baby Dragon and Jerry Springer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Speaking of dragons, AJ's here the Intimidator.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's ready initial Steeler, he's ready particular soul steelerticlar. I didn't know that. I just did not go. Oh, I see all right. Fifteen minutes from now Initials quarter Final.
Speaker 5: Number six whatever a J Monser versus Glenn Schmidt versus Brett Blake Moore versus Adam Webber Johnson, Glenn's.
Speaker 2: Feeling loose man, What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 3: If you beat AJ.
Speaker 2: But he's got a dude, he just goes, hey, I gotta beat him.
Speaker 5: Eventually, It's like, Yeah, to win the whole thing, you gotta beat so why not just beat him in round one?
Speaker 2: That's right. More of the Power to the Morning show after this on the fan from the one eight hundred