Speaker 1: You're listening to the fan.
Speaker 2: That's as missprint. By the way, it's not gonna one hundred and two today. I's wrong about that.
Speaker 1: Somewhere probably, yeah, not here though, That's the thing. I was looking at the forecast for Athens grease. Oh, what's it going to be like? One hundred two degrees one o two.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure that's true. It might be winter over that. I really don't know.
Speaker 1: Weren't you just over there? Kind of kind of.
Speaker 2: Today we're uh we we're looking at today fifty three and sunny.
Speaker 1: Nice. It does like beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's three day, fifty three, tomorrow forty six on Friday thirty five, on Saturday thirty three.
Speaker 1: On Sunday. I guess I'll stay in doors this weekend. No yet, plans. I did have plans. Oh no, not that.
Speaker 3: I guess I am.
Speaker 1: Going to Florida Sunday.
Speaker 4: Oh really?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, accident that reminds me I won't be here Wednesday. What are you doing in Florida?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, and trying to earn some extra cash. There's a couple of clubs down there that emailed me. Sweet No, I'm gonna go down there and I'm gonna play pickleball in the morning and golf in the afternoon, and cribbage at night and warm up a little bit before the winribbage?
Speaker 1: Was it going to take you twenty years to get there? Old man?
Speaker 3: Dude, freaking cribbage? Let's go?
Speaker 2: My god, yes, I'm that's crazy, little cribbage. You even mentioned a strip club. You gator wrestling? Most important? Let me let me give you the exact schedule. Pickleball eight to ten love it never done? It sounds fun nap ye, that's an old person.
Speaker 1: Yes, early napping, wake up, golf.
Speaker 3: Yes, grabber brush and put a little makeup.
Speaker 5: Yeah, go to dinner or just grilled steaks there and play cribbage until we fall asleep, probably around ten y.
Speaker 1: What do you think there? That sounds awesome?
Speaker 6: Like I'm even to that point now too, and I think a bunch of my friends would.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I want to go out and drink and do the whole deal. But like man and play golf and skate steaks.
Speaker 1: Me and Todd and Chat are going to have a ball balls down.
Speaker 7: I was disappointed when I lost him. Come on, I'm not controversial. Take I'm not a fan of three way cribbage. I like heads up and heads up only.
Speaker 1: Really your thoughts? Uh yeah, never played cribbage. You don't play cribbage. Have you ever played?
Speaker 5: Okay, criss cross crowd is chriss todd and chat? Get him right, they're with me at all times. Don't offend him.
Speaker 1: I don't know what criscross cribbages.
Speaker 5: So you've more or less got five hands, so we get you get dealt twelve cards. The cut card goes right in the middle, so it's a grid. So there's there's five five hands or five cards five rows is what You're not the best to describing it because I don't have the board in front of five five five rows of five cards going and the like. So once one person gets the if you go vertical with the cards, one person gets the horizontal rows, that's your five.
Speaker 1: The five cards horizontally eats five hands. Is a handed crib keep going.
Speaker 5: That's oh for four now hawk, I'm oh for four and uh uh and yeah. So you're playing the cards. You not only play the cards to get points in your row, but to block the other person's road if so they can't get a big hand, and afterwards you count up your points. The person gets the five rows those hands horizontally and and then the other person gets them all vertically.
Speaker 1: I called zero loudic can I last bit? Gosh, you just leading me into that.
Speaker 5: I thought I actually thought that hand was up because you were behind me. Primage that you completely lost same. It's a lot easier if I had the board.
Speaker 3: I still think the sneakiest best game to gamble on his hearts.
Speaker 7: I freaking love playing per point Hearts.
Speaker 1: Is yeah, I love. I don't know on my phone, that's yeah, that's rishould tell you Frish hot is hard to work. A sauce doesn't know you guys, have a great day in Florida. It's time for Fan five on the Power Trip, presented by Builders and Room Modeling.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you Builders for mothers. If you don't mind, Corey, I loaded into Derek Sheldon audio. We haven't played it at all. Can I play you.
Speaker 1: Something right on?
Speaker 7: Derek Shelton, the new manager of the Minnesota Twins, will be here Friday morning making his Power Trip debut and then play initials at eight fifteen. Shout out to Derek Shelton and all our friends at the Minnesota Twins. Yeah, he had his big press conference. Yes, today, John Bonus was very excited to go down there and check it out.
Speaker 1: He sounds like from everything I've heard, he is a good guy, good dude. Here he is talking about the team itself, the Twins.
Speaker 8: Number one, excitement about the young group we have, excitement about the pitching group we have, and I understand, you know, the frustration, but I also embrace the passion that they have. And I think it's one of the main reasons that I wanted to be back here because I know how passionate Twins territory.
Speaker 1: Here he talks about he talks directly to Twins fans.
Speaker 8: I think the biggest thing that I would say to them is, every night they come out to the ballpark, you're going to see a team that competes, that fights, that is gritty, that's going to run the bases the right way. It's going to do those small little things. And I know from my time in this division a long time ago, Twins fans really appreciate those things well.
Speaker 7: And look, I'm not here to defend him, I haven't met him yet, but I could just say the same thing about Baldeli or anybody else that's in this spot. Sauce, and I know you'll back man this as well. That's all he can handle. Yeah, great, your players give a one hundred percent effort and if they don't, you got to do something about it.
Speaker 3: You don't get to handle the roster role.
Speaker 7: No, But I'm just saying, like, it's not his fault if he's dealta an un fair hand because the Dodgers and the Blue Jays are spending a bazillion dollars and the Twins are spending forty seven dollars. That's not Derek Shelton or rock Abud Delly's problem. I do like the idea handle that fight. Let's yeah said, you got to.
Speaker 2: See some fighting, the fights, and I like the idea that I don't really get off the base and make me, you know, like that. Derek Shelton on rebuilding the squad, No.
Speaker 8: I'm not using the term rebuilt. Okay, So I mean people are always going to go to a certain term. But I think we're going to develop young players, and I think we have good young players, So that's probably not a word you're going to hear me say. And I'm excited about this young core and I'm excited about how they're going to compete. I think everybody always wants to put a term on something, but I don't. I don't think that's fair.
Speaker 1: Young Core was your rap name? Wasn't that quart?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Core? It didn't really take off because I jumped in on the Canadian reggae rat phases the early nineties with no. I wasn't a rapper or Canadian and I didn't understand reggae, so it really bomb.
Speaker 5: You weren't an informer sounds Cool's.
Speaker 3: Point, and he is correct.
Speaker 9: He can't. He can only coach the guys he's handed, right, and when there's a lot of Twins fans who expect them to cut more payroll and probably trade Joe Ryan and probably trade Pablo Lopez, that's not his doing, right. So like if if you're offered a managerial job, there's only about thirty thirty two of them, it's a good paying job, and you know it's just you're going to take the gig, right, It's better than being unemployed. This is a tough situation he's in. This is a team that last year it faded. They were very bad, they had a huge fire sale, and now they're going to be people calling to try and get your reef to re up your season tickets. This is going to be a tough go for him, but that's not his doing. He had nothing to do with it. We'll see how it goes. Yeah, you can get him to play hard and have fun. Get Ryan Jeffers. Like Ryan Jeffers.
Speaker 3: We have Ryan Jeffers.
Speaker 1: Now, what is that supposed to mean?
Speaker 3: I think he'll get traded.
Speaker 9: Oh, I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer was gonna say, I bet I would bet they cut forty.
Speaker 3: Million off the spayroll. So what do we keep like Roy?
Speaker 9: Trade Jeffers, Trade the two pitchers, and that would probably be a start.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, Jeff's going to pitch for us? I mean, whoever the guys can you pitch? He left? Got bored of baseball talk.
Speaker 1: I killed him? Well he killed himself, yeah, fourth time he did.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying it's a tough spot.
Speaker 9: Man. All good for him. I can't wait to meet him. I've heard he's a great guy. This is the toughest manager slash coaching spot in pro sports.
Speaker 3: Really. Yeah, they don't spend any money.
Speaker 5: You're gonna be number one. You are hired to be tougher. You're gonna get you're gonna take the fun. They don't put any money into it. Okay, say something good about the pole Ads. How about the head coach of the Washington Wizards.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's a bad chef. That's bad. Yeah that took me three seconds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I bets be worse though.
Speaker 3: Twins is on.
Speaker 9: I mean, it's the worst job in baseball, worse than the Pirates, which for five years but didn't. Isn't the argument that it's about the ownership, not about the talent on the field. But there are the Pirates terrible as well from an ownership standpoint or not? Well, they have a great ballpark, so do the Twins not as great as that one?
Speaker 3: I just like arguing against you. You hate me. It's just fun to watch. Yeah, fast, we can poke holes.
Speaker 9: I mean, I bet it's on the mount rushmore of bad jobs in sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sucks. I don't think it's in the top four. You don't. I don't think so.
Speaker 7: I think if we really, if we did like old school sports talk radio and broke this down, I think you could find way more than four that are worse than this. I mean, they have last season was way more rated players I think ever at an MLB trade deadline that was ridiculous. Not a good start, and it's gonna get wor or it might get better or could stay the same.
Speaker 3: We'll find out. Are you reporting that, I'm reporting that? Mark it down?
Speaker 7: You heard it here first. Again, who knows. Let's now that the expectations are solo. Let's hope solo. It seemed like a Minnesota sports always do better when we expect the worst.
Speaker 1: Right, Let's expect not good every day. I wake up there you go. I like that part.
Speaker 2: Derek Shelton and his assistant we're looking at the roster and Derek goes, I don't think I know this guy.
Speaker 1: And then he goes, this guy here is dead.
Speaker 3: Cross him off.
Speaker 7: Uh hawk, while you were gone down the hall, so basically said we are trading everybody that has a name, everybody, We're gonna trade them all.
Speaker 3: I mean I would. I'm not the only one saying that. If you want to see how pumped people.
Speaker 9: Are for the twin season, look at their Twitter handle and look at all the responses to it.
Speaker 3: All of it's negative. Yeah, most of that's.
Speaker 1: You all your different.
Speaker 3: I don't have any of I don't. I'm not smart enough to do that.
Speaker 2: Well, I for one, I'm excited you can pitch right, Hok, we've seen it. I'm more of a catcher, thank you. What's the over under going to be?
Speaker 3: Have you looked?
Speaker 1: How many games?
Speaker 3: Are fifty five play?
Speaker 1: One hundred eighty two games?
Speaker 7: I bet it's going to be you can high sixties, maybe maybe low seventies.
Speaker 5: Well they Yeah, I would think they seventy two three. I think I'm going to hand.
Speaker 1: Somebody a hundred losses. I don't think right.
Speaker 3: There are no, it's not up yet, no.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but I would bet it's You're probably right, low seventies are on there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder we'll see.
Speaker 1: Well, I believe it's gonna be five hundred. I believe in them, let's hope. So how many are they gonna win?
Speaker 3: Hundreds of thousands?
Speaker 1: That seems that's going to take a long.
Speaker 7: And we'll build a statue for Derek Sheldon? Were turned this thing around?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Be sweet? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Of a chesty lady?
Speaker 3: Wow, you're horny?
Speaker 1: No of him?
Speaker 3: For him?
Speaker 1: Oh that's different?
Speaker 3: All right, headlines there's cat parking. You can't talk to her about some.
Speaker 1: Welcome. How was the traffic getting here? How was that awful?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't know how anyone.
Speaker 10: Why does everyone need to go somewhere?
Speaker 2: We do the morning show because we don't have to deal with traffic.
Speaker 3: I guess this is the worst.
Speaker 10: Yeah, idiots, And my heart was palpitating, and I'm like, I'm gonna be late. But I made it.
Speaker 1: And then you were listening to the show and you're like, should probably turn around anywhere? Exactly, all right?
Speaker 7: Cat in a second headlines later, this is the power to have morning show on the fan.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the powers of morning show. And we're back.
Speaker 2: Final segment A twenty two, one hundred degrees outside somewhere not here though, Chili out there.
Speaker 1: It was good. I do love this timing.
Speaker 2: Me too, Me too, Me too. We've got Parker fives. We had to Mark Parish. Of of course, meets Uss here with me and Kat Perkins. Cat and I are doing a show together at the Varsity next Tuesday. You guys, I know I can't wait to right, I come, you can.
Speaker 1: Please do.
Speaker 4: It's open to the public. It's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually selling tickets and we'll sell something to you Parker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can even bring Taylor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you got to stand in the in the back, Parker, nobody can see we're talking.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, people hate me at concerts. I always try to find like the like the left corner or something like that.
Speaker 4: I would probably be mad at you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's.
Speaker 3: Like I didn't choose this trying to enjoy the concert. You're trying to enjoy the concept movie theaters.
Speaker 1: Do you sit in the back? No?
Speaker 3: I usually just uh.
Speaker 6: I do like the back, but I usually pick an aisle seat because I like the icys.
Speaker 1: So I go fill that was up like three or four times. That's a good idea.
Speaker 10: I want to build like a baby Bjorn for people like you, so that I take you to the concert and then you just carrying me and I can't see it.
Speaker 1: Stand your legs.
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How tall are you?
Speaker 7: Cat?
Speaker 10: Four eleven?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How tall are you? Parker?
Speaker 3: Six eight? How many How many inches does that sauce? Six eleven six six four eleven to six eight?
Speaker 1: He's not good with inches. Just ask his wife. He can do this. I have faith in to be good. Do wa No, we only have twenty three we.
Speaker 3: Don't have I wasn't listening.
Speaker 1: To do this what you got this?
Speaker 7: You got this different inches from four eleven to six eight.
Speaker 1: She's four eleventy six. Let's see here it is. Uh god, I'm so glad. It's nine plus ten.
Speaker 9: Nine plus ten is nineteen twenty one.
Speaker 7: You can do this, no more help, no help, start overs four eleven to six eight? How many inches difference? Do it out loud so we can hear your thought process.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Hawk, Well, I'm sorry, Lock.
Speaker 4: This is good radio.
Speaker 3: Agreed, It's my favorite, perfect.
Speaker 5: Radio, as long as everybody else.
Speaker 4: Had yelling in their car.
Speaker 1: Seventeen, why do you think it's seventeen?
Speaker 3: Walk us through it.
Speaker 1: I just guess that's over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seventeen is incorrect. Eighteen No, twenty, no twenty one, nineteen.
Speaker 7: One, twelve plus eight plus one.
Speaker 1: Should have brought a backpack to senior year of high school.
Speaker 9: Now I'm here. There's nowhere else i'd rather be.
Speaker 1: Where'd you go to? High school?
Speaker 10: Scranton North Dakota, Scranton North Dako Office, class of nine.
Speaker 3: Plus and nine.
Speaker 7: It's hard to break up being validtorn if you beat eight. But to those eight, hey, suck it. You better better take a back pact.
Speaker 1: Harder is your school still there.
Speaker 10: It is, but they I mean they're like the sports end of it is all the county count How do you feel them? And we played nine man football.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, even I played, as you guys well know. I has been on the road with a kid Rode for the last four years right his back up.
Speaker 1: And and on stage with it.
Speaker 2: We'll talk more about that in the moment. But you also know her from U what season six of The Voice?
Speaker 4: Season six?
Speaker 1: And who was your coach on season six of The Oyster?
Speaker 10: Adam?
Speaker 1: Was he nicer? Did he smell funny beyond listen?
Speaker 10: He was very nice and he smelled really good, Like what, well, I mean I just thought he smelled good, So you know, like, what what is it? It's He's like, oh, it's easy. It's old spice, no kidding. I was like, wow, a lot different than my grandpa's mouth.
Speaker 3: He should have just said, like, that's just my natural set.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: He's totally Also, he has his own line of cologne.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do, I work, Yeah, I have it. One doesn't wear it though, doesn't.
Speaker 3: Spice.
Speaker 2: When when you're on the Voice, you had Shakira ser and Adam Levine all spun their chair and you chose at him? Why did you choose at them?
Speaker 10: Well? I think it was obvious. I mean it was just like also he was the first to turn. Oh yeah, so when you're in the moment like that and you have to live it like you just kind of remember who turned first. But he's you know, he's hot.
Speaker 4: I wanted to spend every day with that for a second.
Speaker 2: Answers, Yeah, do you look back on that on that entire experience as a positive?
Speaker 1: Was it a good thing?
Speaker 10: Absolutely? I mean one hundred percent. My life is completely deaf front, but I'm thankful for that journey. It was just it was really intense, but it was really great. You know, it really put everything into perspective and then set me on a different path.
Speaker 2: How many steps were there between getting to the blind auditions and.
Speaker 10: Gosh, that's that's that's a perfect question. So in normal life there would be like five. I would assume in my season, I skipped one, so I only had like four rounds to get to the blind would you first one? They phoned me on YouTube, so they just put me on a plane and said come to California.
Speaker 4: But then you don't really know what's happening there. It's called the executives.
Speaker 10: So then I did like four rounds in front of producers and like one was in a dark room. It was wild. There was like candles but all the producers could see you, but you couldn't see anything.
Speaker 3: The candles smelled like animal.
Speaker 4: Started the grooming. Wow, Yeah, it was cool.
Speaker 10: I mean, I think if you talk to people now, you know, I talk to a lot of people that go have gone through the process. It's way different from season six. And like for me, they took away our cell phones and our iPads. We had no connection with the outside world for a long time.
Speaker 2: How long were you did that happen? How long were you without that?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 4: Well, probably a good few weeks without the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she'd die, I would die.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'd be terrible.
Speaker 4: It's not something I don't know if they do that now.
Speaker 10: But it was five weeks five weeks to film those blind auditions.
Speaker 4: I was out there for five weeks.
Speaker 1: Jeezu.
Speaker 4: We give up that your life, you know, and then you start the show after that, and then you start the show we filmed.
Speaker 10: For me, we filmed for the better part of nine ten months.
Speaker 1: My goodness, is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you do all the pre taping.
Speaker 10: The blinds are pre taped, the battles are pre taped, the knockouts are pre taped, and then then it goes live. Where we did.
Speaker 4: We went on the playoffs.
Speaker 1: We went live. But feel free to up in anybody. I don't mean to do are they I like providing meals and like housing and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 10: I was in a hotel.
Speaker 1: There was a motel six, but she was.
Speaker 4: And they have meals on set.
Speaker 10: But then when you're at a hotel, like I had a lot of days off in there, then you couldn't go anywhere, so I had to eat just at the hotel.
Speaker 4: It was wild because I.
Speaker 10: I ended up doing like the receipts of how much I spent on food in that time, and it was like six thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: That's a typical week for me.
Speaker 10: I didn't I don't know how people like I don't have kids. I had two cats at the time. You know, people with children, families, they give it up like that. I mean, it's a long time, big sacrifice. But again in the end, for me, it was worth it.
Speaker 4: I went all the way to the end. It was fourth place and who.
Speaker 1: Won year season?
Speaker 3: Somebody that made us splash later and I.
Speaker 10: Really Carson Wentz. I wasn even born, No, I it was. His name was Josh Kaufman. He then went on to Broadway, but now he is a he was in his past life he was a tutor. He like prepped, prepped kids for their acts and s ats. Now he's back doing that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, happens. And then you went on to spend the last four years on the road with kid rock. How was that?
Speaker 10: It was insane? You guys.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Did any of you guys go to the Target Center this year?
Speaker 10: That was? That was pretty wild to play at the Target Center? You know, my hometown and like be there playing a concert like that. Everyone should experience that. And there are a lot If you want to call a kid rocking as maybe he will just let you go on.
Speaker 2: That would be fine.
Speaker 1: I just want to open up for him one time, that'd be great.
Speaker 10: I mean those kind of crowds, there's I don't even know what to say, Hawk, you kind of know, but I think anyone when you get up in front of forty thousand people, fifty thousand people, sixty you know, it is their energy that comes at you.
Speaker 4: Is something you can't explain to anyone.
Speaker 7: You just everyone wants it is there is there an amount of people though that like once you cross a certain threshold that the number doesn't even matter, like that forty is the same as ninety.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, because we say one hundred is actually harder than one hundred thousand. You know, for me, it feels like everyone's watching. It's like a recital if there's one hundred people. But I think the threshold for me is like between ten and twenty. You can't you can't really understand the difference between ten and twenty, which then means nothing when they're sixty except for seeing the national anthem at like at the Usbank Stadium, when.
Speaker 1: You're feeling sixty thousand people, then you.
Speaker 4: Really feel sixty thousand, you know, Oh thank you?
Speaker 3: How did kid Rock find you? If you don't mind me as so.
Speaker 10: The other background singer is from the Cities. She's a blues singer. Her name is Shannon Kurfman and.
Speaker 2: She had a giant career of around for a bit there, right, I mean, what a guitar player, my gosh. She started when she was like twelve. I mean she had a record deal at thirteen or something like that. And then in the mid two thousands her and I toured together with my band Scarlett Hayes, and she was doing the blues thing, and then she was working in that camp. There was a bunch of people that went and played for Kid Rocker.
Speaker 10: I don't know. I don't know how that connection was made, honestly, but the guitar player that she had in her band went to play for Kid Rock. She has worked with a ton of people in the camp of kid Rock, so then she took that job. Then fast forward fifteen years later, the other girl after COVID, she was like caretaking for her parents, so she didn't want to be on the road anymore and then enter cat opportunity. But the only way window I didn't have to go sing for him, which is kind of cool, but because they just had a bunch of video from the voice that he watched and he was like, that's fine, take.
Speaker 1: Her, that's great.
Speaker 3: Perfect. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what was your role on the tour? What did you do?
Speaker 10: Background singer and duet partner with the uh the old Picture song?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Wow, pressure, pressure at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'm gonna guess that was probably a highlight of the show each night, because I know that, and just from reading some articles, he didn't necessarily love playing that song, but the crowd loves that song.
Speaker 10: He hate he still hates he hates it, but yeah, the crowd does. And you know, when I started, it wasn't necessarily like I knew all the words. I'm not necessarily a karaoke queen or anything like that, so I, you know, it was like everyone knows this but me, and it's my job. You remember going out there for the first time and just I think I blacked out. I had no idea what like how to think and everyone's singing along, you know, so you're like, but it was, you know, I couldn't have fun until that song happened. Every I really, honestly, I couldn't just let go. Yeah, then you get past that, and every time I come back to my little stand behind, like we had a little platform, we stood on it, I'd be like, now I can have fun.
Speaker 4: I can just let go a lot of dancing. That's that was the weirdest part.
Speaker 10: I think you don't think of his background singers dancing, and I had to a lot of dancing, really, a lot of stuff touching but in weird ways and had to remember that and I had seven days to get into that job. It was just that I know, I know, I know, and learning all that and like retaining it and you can't use an iPad up there.
Speaker 1: You gotta gotta just kind of not so was it mostly just his tour?
Speaker 7: Did you guys play a lot of festivals over the last handful of years as well?
Speaker 10: So he like does half and half, Like he has his own tour that he does arena shows every year, and then he owns this festival called Rock the Country, so he owns it, but he also headline it for the last two years, and I think you'll do it again this year. I I'm not quite sure. He It's a two day festival. So we were opposite Nickelback all year, last year Wow, and the year before that we were opposite Jason Alden, so we would alternate Fridays and Saturdays.
Speaker 1: Holy moment.
Speaker 4: He owns like a percentage of all think of that.
Speaker 10: If you own the festival, every ticket, every parking pass, every.
Speaker 1: Beer, every wow, you know, all of it. Well done. That's pretty cool. That's pals.
Speaker 4: I would never want to be on that side of the business like never.
Speaker 1: You don't want to be filthy rich.
Speaker 2: I mean, if it works, yeah, yeah, you know, if it works, if somebody else is doing all the work and and keeping all the ies dotted and the teas cross, I mean I'd be good with that.
Speaker 4: Hockey and I are the promoters on this next Tuesday show.
Speaker 10: Yes, that's not been fun this last couple of weeks, watching the tickets not go, go a little bit, then not go, and they're like, we have to make a mark.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I don't love that, but I do love being on stage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: I mean that makes it all worth the lights go up, right, it's a couple of times that I've got to feel a little bit of it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's incredible. It's incredible. Wid Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you guys play very much overseas? Did you guys tour outside of the United States?
Speaker 10: Now? With Kid Rock?
Speaker 4: I did more myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right in that realm. You've done stuff overseas for the troops. I've seen pictures of you standing in the dead sea.
Speaker 10: That's right, floating with my Star Tribune. I took the Star Tribune with me the last time and floated with it.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 1: How old of them of a Harts magazine?
Speaker 3: How old of a Star Tribune?
Speaker 1: Was it just a couple of days earlier? I took it with me.
Speaker 10: I mean I had to go to my neighbors to get it because.
Speaker 7: Pretty cool they I don't even think they picked up on it.
Speaker 4: I knowl move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty cool man.
Speaker 10: I've seen so many places at last year?
Speaker 4: Was it last year?
Speaker 10: We were to go to the Middle East, but things had turned over there, so they they put us in in the Caribbean Tour of overseas, so.
Speaker 1: We went to switch. To switch, it would be this one.
Speaker 4: I got to golf on Bay.
Speaker 1: That's cool. That's like, that's cruel.
Speaker 3: And did they at least let the prisoners look out the window and watch you hit it?
Speaker 4: Yes, they totally do.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Oh that's sweet.
Speaker 7: You know what have been great is if they made the inmates like face the other way and then if they heard you, like swing the club, well then they could turn their chair.
Speaker 1: Yeah that one sounded good. And watch you go just mocking you out there are a good golfer.
Speaker 4: I'm all right, I'm all finally broke a hundred.
Speaker 3: I have to say this all the time. It's the tone. I don't mean this in a condescending way.
Speaker 7: I would ask the In fact, I've asked Parker the exact same question. When you are super tall or super short, is it to find golf clubs? I had to have them custom custom made. Yeah, to go the other direction, I took what you cut off and put it. Just wait to get the picture of the inside each other.
Speaker 1: And I cannot wait. You guys are like twenty something in eighteen eighteen. That's going to be a cool picture again.
Speaker 2: Next Tuesday, Scarlett Hayes, which is Cat's metal band. I mean you, guys, this is a band. Oh my god, I'm excited to see that. I never got to see you guys. I moved here too late. Three yeah, exactly. And then my heavy metal band, Magna Rock. We're gonna play everything from Tool to a Lincoln Park to you know, iron Maid in Black Sabbath we're going to be opening up for that's next Tuesday at the Varsity Theater. Get tickets at Catperkins music dot com, get tickets on the Varsitytheater dot com website, and please come out and see us next Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Night's gonna be a lot of fun. I can't wait. Are you guys doing all original stuff? You don't? And he covers as well?
Speaker 4: Originals we got.
Speaker 10: We got two banger covers. I won't tell you one of them, but we've done it all of our career. But the second one, we're going to do a tool song as well. We do we do the pot Oh that song we do fun?
Speaker 3: What song do you do? Though?
Speaker 2: We actually apped out the song on stage. Yeah you take it's bad for you. Eli the bass player hates it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sorry, okay, you want to do headlines with us? You're ready absolutely.
Speaker 1: Now It's time for head.
Speaker 7: Brought to you by my friends at wolf River Electric dot com. Wolf River Electric dot com. Go solar with Wolf.
Speaker 3: River Electric, get solar panels, put on.
Speaker 1: Just do it, man, I did it a year ago.
Speaker 10: Just do it.
Speaker 3: See check it out after seeing how much power I'm generating. I generate power.
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: Today is National Redhead Day?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Why would that be good for Randy? It's good hanging out of your house right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But what that mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But I mean my wife's redhead. I don't understand that.
Speaker 7: Joe Cat, my first crush was Daphne from Scooby Doo and then I married a redhead, so full circle.
Speaker 1: There was something in me from day one.
Speaker 3: Am I chased it?
Speaker 4: How it ended? I love it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good, made it happen.
Speaker 3: It's kind of psychotic though too not at all, man, you like what you like.
Speaker 7: A bride uninvited half of her wedding guests two weeks before the ceremony because her psychic told her that having more than eighty guests would quote disrupt the spiritual alignment of the union.
Speaker 3: Cory your thoughts.
Speaker 1: By god, what maybe he's right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, uninvited half of the wedding guests.
Speaker 4: Would have been relieved.
Speaker 7: That's probably psycho to not get invited. That is a relief, but also like what if what if you don't make the psychic cut? You got invited, but then the the words out that the psychic says you got to ditch some of these people, and you're like, wow, I thought I was on the list, but now I guess I'm not on the list. I know exactly where I stand. I'm on the bottom half of the list. Fun, maybe I'll do that uninvite people to a psychic Yeah, sorry, we can I give you the heads up for most people. Again, once you see eat any wedding, heads up everybody, everybody your age is going to be so pumped to be at the wedding.
Speaker 2: Fight.
Speaker 3: It's a social event. They're all going to get hammered and celebrate.
Speaker 7: Parking, Taylor, once you get in your forties and fifties, I'm so happy for the two of you. I like both of you a tons. I will double the amount I was going to spend on your gift if you uninvite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love you guys. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know I still sendy of the invitations.
Speaker 1: Just don't come.
Speaker 3: It is one hundred percent.
Speaker 7: It's like, it's what Chris always talks about is when you make plans as an adult, the greatest thing that can happen to you is if those plans get canceled.
Speaker 3: I don't want you guys to cancel the wedding. I want you guys to get married.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're not doing.
Speaker 3: Whatever hundred bucks for a honeymoon. We'll call it square, Chris.
Speaker 1: We can just say a number than that if you.
Speaker 5: Sounds Goody driving a harder bargain, canceled fans Man are the best.
Speaker 1: Speaking of money. M hmm, I think it's available.
Speaker 7: Approximately how many American millionaires approximately, how many American millionaires consider themselves wealthy?
Speaker 1: Oh, out of one hundred percent? Yeah? Four percent?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I'm going to say like ninety percent. Oh, you know, I'm going the other way.
Speaker 3: I would.
Speaker 1: I think they're probably right.
Speaker 5: It's probably a lower number because you know, when you start to make that money, you start to learn who's writing the checks for you. Uh, and you know, you live in a place like Long Island, New York, you learn what wealth is. You're talking about wealth, You're talking rock of Fellas, you're talking about the Vanderbilts, You're talking that kind of money for the pole.
Speaker 1: Ads and that money.
Speaker 5: So like, yeah, you realize even as a pro athlete, you do really well, but there's much bigger, so much bigger, acknowledge.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go maybe twenty.
Speaker 3: You were the closest about thirty three percent say they're wealthy as.
Speaker 5: There, Like that's the other thing too, Like the money make you that you start to see the real real money, the Johnson and Johnson.
Speaker 1: Then thank you, mister Leopold.
Speaker 10: And you're saying yourself against that and You're like, I'm not wealthy, so I'm.
Speaker 7: Rich wealth Well, but mark out of those exact same American millionaires, what percentage approximately don't expect to leave an inheritance?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, don't Oh, they.
Speaker 7: Do not expect to leave seventies invidence? Wow, fifty three, that's the closest. Yeah, about fifty nice, my kids feel good. Coca Cola is dropping its first holiday flavor in about five years.
Speaker 3: They are launching hot Oh cool, cool holiday creamy Vanilla.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 1: Oh that sounds great.
Speaker 3: It actually does. Yeah, that sounds amazing. Vanilla Coke sounds amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking of holidays. Can't remember when we did this we can't stay It's cool?
Speaker 2: That sounds heavy metal version of this on Tuesday, just scream at each other. We released that and then they canceled that song. Remember, yeah, it was a day later.
Speaker 1: They did later. Why don't you guys read the lyrics? We endorsed them and the rest of the world said, no, that song is bother. So yeah, that's what Corey always said.
Speaker 10: I like that.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Chris and I are officially problematic.
Speaker 7: I all right, I hope, I hope none of you read this, because this is awesome cat. You heard about the big heights at the Louver a couple.
Speaker 3: Of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Absolute, where were you admit it? Speaking of touring the world.
Speaker 7: According to a report, the Loves video security password was from move one exclamation point love but spelled wrong love love is the right answer.
Speaker 1: The password is love of all places?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: What was their password? I love them out of place like pancake place and you just write pancake in the the Wi Fi and you get it right. You feel so smart act pancakes.
Speaker 3: So somebody came up with that.
Speaker 5: Wow, someone didn't think hard. Someone got fired for coming up with that, A very smart frenchman.
Speaker 3: It was on this day in what year the game Monopoly was introduced?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 1: Nineteen forty two? Maybe took two?
Speaker 3: Wow? No anybody else? Fifty twenty, No, thirty one?
Speaker 10: Oh, I think it was.
Speaker 1: During the depression. Wasn't like nineteen maybe maybe like nineteen nineteen nineteen.
Speaker 7: Sauce almost got it nineteen thirty five in the first ever game of Monopoly is still technically going on.
Speaker 3: They never finished it.
Speaker 1: True story really yeah, that is true.
Speaker 7: And again because because I played Monopoly a thousand times and I loved the mac Donald's Monopoly. I can name all the properties. It's not even a sick brag. That's actually kind of pathetic. Yeah, but I've played Monopoly that many times, and McDonald's Monopoly mattered that much to me when I was a kid.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 7: I knew what I needed, and I never ever completed a set, never, not once got some free fries, got some free ice cream cones, I never got no one.
Speaker 3: Really did I.
Speaker 2: Heart this song in twenty nineteen, two minutes before they COVID.
Speaker 1: Uh really, we never got to even play the song live. Cat we did want, we did want right. Here's I love this tune? Who wrote this tune?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 7: Around?
Speaker 4: Yes, that one guy, Sean Gas.
Speaker 1: That's right, Yeah, Yeah, that's right, Sean Tune.
Speaker 2: Man, that's just such a great writer.
Speaker 10: You and I are not going to sound anything like that on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Better.
Speaker 10: I'm literally screaming.
Speaker 3: I can't wait a.
Speaker 1: Metal night at the Varsity.
Speaker 10: I can only rehearse like every other day because I'll keep losing my voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I rehearsed once.
Speaker 4: Yea, I might have to have a teleprompter. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I always do.
Speaker 4: I mean these songs. Yeah, and I can't remember that.
Speaker 2: I always have it as just a backup, just in case I need it. It's right in front of me, right there.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, Scarlet Hayes special guest Magna Rock.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be fun. Come on.
Speaker 7: Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weiss are both in talks to return to another Mummy sequel.
Speaker 3: Yes, by the way, he's in town this weekend.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say that he's in town on Saturday and Sundays for one of those like Twin Cities con things.
Speaker 8: In town.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that new movie he's in. Is it called like Rental Family? Yeah, yep.
Speaker 7: When you go to those Twin City con things or comic cons, it's I think, mostly just for your overall career.
Speaker 3: Right, It's like if you're a fan of anything, right, I'm sure he's promoting that. But Mummy, Yeah, Mummy, I.
Speaker 7: Never sa I never good. It's a fun movie. Yeah, it's ridiculous, but it's fine.
Speaker 1: Should I love be Dazzled too?
Speaker 3: That's man, that's because that one lady you know man? Yeah, school ties, yikes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never met the man.
Speaker 3: He's fantastic in that. Did anybody see the whale. And I'm not talking about me.
Speaker 10: Ever, did he actually was he just in prosthetics or did he gain the weight?
Speaker 2: No, it was a hell of a lot. Yeah, it was prosthetics for sure.
Speaker 3: Speaking of gaining weight, Thanksgiving right around the corner.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're going to say.
Speaker 7: According to a recent poll for America, of course, because this is Thanksgiving, the average Thanksgiving will have blank number of people.
Speaker 1: Seven ten A we did it together. I was trying to go ten thirteen, Parker gets it.
Speaker 3: Nine, Marker, I went.
Speaker 7: Directionrection, Parish, give this one a shout. You can go first, because I know you you're probably the biggest Seinfeld fan in the room outside of myself, but everybody else, Oh you too.
Speaker 1: Here you go, Mankat, here you go.
Speaker 7: I don't know why I didn't assume that what in the show Seinfeld, Jerry Seinfeld, his character dated how many different women?
Speaker 10: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Eighty?
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I wasn't that. No, it could be no.
Speaker 10: In the twenties, I was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I could name name them. Lauris, yeah, like laws. I couldn't even name another Seinfeld character.
Speaker 3: Oh boom. I think it's a small number. No, I think it's women. Women I don't know.
Speaker 7: I want to say twenty many changed almost every episode Parker, you guess sixty nine sarcastically, sixty six is the right.
Speaker 1: I don't remember it being that was.
Speaker 7: There was There were seasons that it would be what I don't know, fifteen episodes and he would have thirteen or fourteen different girlfriends. He would switch almost the problem. I was engaged once embarrassed.
Speaker 1: What was her name? Character and her name also had a J s. It was oh man, there was chat abbit.
Speaker 2: It was like, got it.
Speaker 7: Her initials were jazz because they even joked about the fact that they have the same initials.
Speaker 3: And I don't remember what her first name was, Janine or something. Well that's her real name right, yeah, now, but it.
Speaker 1: Was something like that. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Any other guests Janie Jamie.
Speaker 1: I don't remember the one that looked different in lighting.
Speaker 3: I think she had a gun.
Speaker 5: Yep, he guardsy she did he did one with hands, the big hands hands man hands.
Speaker 7: God.
Speaker 5: There were a bunch of times when I was there, I was going the wrong way there too, off today Yeah, what was.
Speaker 1: Yeah? But it was spelt different than than her name. Yeah, A N E A N E versus J E A and and I E.
Speaker 4: I was watching it last night.
Speaker 1: You guys, were you?
Speaker 4: Yes, the buttercream cake, she.
Speaker 3: Never seen one.
Speaker 7: You've never seen, never seen a single SIGNI you can skip the first three seasons, but four through nine are as good as I get.
Speaker 1: Curb. No, but I mean it's Curb. You know, Seinfeld walked so Curb could run. Okay, yeah, very well.
Speaker 3: That was greasy.
Speaker 7: So I don't know if you guys heard this. There was elections across the country yesterday. It was voting day, was election day. Well, not everybody in this country understands how it works. Uh. The Secretary of State in Kentucky, Michael Adams, had to put out a statement. We're getting calls about the polls being closed. They are closed because we do not have elections today. Kentucky votes next year. You cannot vote today in Kentucky for the mayor of New York City or the governor of Virginia.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, come.
Speaker 1: On, that's fantastic, that's fine. I love it because they were of New York. That is great, That is so beautiful. That is fantastic. That's our country, that.
Speaker 3: Is our country. You can't vote for the Mayor of America.
Speaker 1: To see us next Tuesday, Parker, are you coming? I'm there.
Speaker 3: I wish I was in.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna be playing drivage and I'm gonna have to figure out how to explain criss Cross scrivilege for you guys next week.
Speaker 2: Next Tuesday, we go on. I believe I think doors are seven. I think we go on right after that, Magna Rock. We play all your favorite heavy metal hard rock songs, and then Scarlet Haks Hayes takes the station, bows your doors off. It's gonna be so much fun U Varsity Theater next Tuesday. Please come hang out with us.
Speaker 1: Please rock on.
Speaker 4: You you're asking nicely.
Speaker 1: Come on now, Marker, when are you on TV next?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: You know that's a great question.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I had my first game the other night, and the next game I have is November fifteenth.
Speaker 1: November fifteen, Yes, days from today. We want to talk about it next week, man, Let's talk about it next week.
Speaker 3: Good for you, dude. That's awesome.
Speaker 7: For Ship nine to noon is next to Power Trip returns tomorrow five thirty to nine.
Speaker 1: Don't forget Friday.
Speaker 7: Derek Sheldon of the Minnesota Twins makes his Power Trip in initials debut as well.
Speaker 1: See you tomorrow morning for what did you have a gab? Love you making girl,