Speaker 1: Billy cunning in the Great America. Welcome the streets Afford in the tri State. As you know, Kyle Schwarber has signed a long term deal with the Philadelphia Phillies who stay there, and so that's not a good sign. But nonetheless, the weather is going to get rather hippy the next few days. But until then, Senator ran Paul is the junior Senator from the Great State of Kentucky. I look for today he'll be the senior Senator from the Great State of Kentucky. And of course he's intimately involved in the healthcare crisis in the country that we have in which many Americans are concerned about ever increasing premium bills because of Obamacare. There's only about eight percent of Americans are on the Obamacare Exchange. Is the great majority to get their healthcare through an employer. And nonetheless joining us now is the Great Senator Ran Paul, the Great State of Ohio and Senator about several weeks ago, when the Democrats shut down the Congress for forty four days, you and the Senate agreed to have a vote on Obamacare subsidies continuance sometime in the middle of December.
Speaker 2: It's getting pretty.
Speaker 1: Close and so how's the status of those negotiations to have a vote. Of course, when I speak to the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mike Johnson, he tells me there's no way it's going to pass in the House. But that wasn't the original agreement. So as we sit here, how does it look to have a vote in the Senate? And if so, how will you vote.
Speaker 3: I think the vote's going to happen on Thursday of this week. I will vote against extending the Obamacare subsidies. I think you have to look at the facts, and the facts are that they've been an abysmal failure. They keep providing higher and higher subsidies, many of which go to rich people, go to people making up to four hundred thousand dollars a year. And I don't know any Kentucky and who comes up to me and says, oh, yeah, four hundred thousand dollars a years poor and you should really get subsidies.
Speaker 2: From the government.
Speaker 3: But as as the government has subsidized insurance, the premiums have just gotten hired and hire so big. Insurance is made off like a bandit on these things, and it isn't really making insurance more affordable. So I have a competing plan. My plan is called association health plans, and it would let people join a group like either Costco or Sam's Club or Amazon, and then you would buy your insurance as a group. So instead of being in the individual market, you now have group insurance like somebody who works for General Motors or.
Speaker 4: Toyota or a big company.
Speaker 3: But as you join this big group, the big group would have leverage to bid prices down. Costco's got forty four million members, So if one person negotiated for forty four million members, you'd have a meeting with the CEO of the major big insurance companies and you'd build a demand that prices are lower. And so if we did that, I think we could transform the marketplace and get more, less expensive insurance for everyone.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, from my perspective, that makes a lot of sense. If you take Amazon and Costco and a bunch of others, obviously you'll be close to one hundred million people would have accessed The great majority of people have Medicare, Medicaid and or employer sponsored healthcare. We're talking about a small number, but an important constituency. And so I don't think the Democrats would like that, though, Senator, because right now the Obamacare subsidies largely go to insurance companies who promised to hold down premiums and deductibilities, which they don't do, and so right now and then the insurance companies kick money back to the Democrats called campaign donations. When this great idea to let the marketplace work to hold down cost is advanced by people like you, just out of a snowballs chance in hell of getting passed by the Democrats, there's.
Speaker 3: A lot of support on the Republican side.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I've talked to President Trump about this in his first administration. I got him to sign an executive order.
Speaker 4: That put this into place.
Speaker 3: But the Democrats sue. The Democrats State Attorney General sued and kind of steining it in court. But I don't know why. I talk to Democrats all the time about it. It's basically letting the consumer bargain collectively. You think Democrats would be for that, but as we get into the nitty gritty, Democrats will say, well, people are too stupid, you know, public they can't let them make choices and what kind of insurance they want, So we have to dictate what goes into each insurance policy. Well, once you start doing that, you raise the price. So, for example, if you're a sixty year old woman, you've had your children and you're not planning on having any more children, shouldn't you be allowed to buy insurance that doesn't have pregnancy coverage. Well, if you allow that, then you allow some options. They're going to be less expensive. Let's say you're twenty five years old, but you're responsible and you're not ready to have kids. You'd like for the next three years to buy insurance without pregnancy coverage. Shouldn't you be allowed to? You know, because a young single person might want to save money until they're married, and then when they're married they might want to have something as pregnancy coverage. But you also might join cost co and if there were forty four million members, you might get pregnancy coverage thrown in for free because they've negotiated that with the insurance company because the group is so huge.
Speaker 4: But it is already Get democrats.
Speaker 3: I haven't gotten any Democrat on board. They perk up and they listen and they say, well maybe, But then when you get to the nitty gritty, they say, well, we have to regulate what people buy because people aren't smart enough to make these decisions. And it's really this disdain for the intelligence of the American public from the left, which is, you know, they don't state it outright. That's essentially what they're saying is that the American public is not smart enough to buy the insurance that they need.
Speaker 1: If I want to go through the Obamacare exchanges, I doubt you and I would ever need abortion services. I doubt we're going to ever need that. But part of our premium pays for that. And that is can you go back in time is tell us why Obamacare, which promised like your doctor, keep your doctor, like your plan, keep your plan, my plan, Obama said, is going to reduce premiums by twenty five hundred dollars a month, and that that's going to be a great benefit.
Speaker 2: It's going to reduce the deficit.
Speaker 1: And if the deficit is that reduced, it's going to trigger automatical any reductions in Obama. The whole thing was built upon a how cards and it's failed. And can you get me from the senatorial perspective, you're one of the power brokers in Washington as to why Obamacare failed.
Speaker 2: So miserably, and the media will not report on that.
Speaker 3: It was all predicated upon a lie. It was all predicated upon a government program that was never going to work, and it was past simply with Democrat votes. You know, no Republicans voted to start it. And so what we wound up with was a government directed plan wasn't based on the market, wasn't based on market forces, and it had all kinds of mandates within it as to what kind of insurance you would buy, when you paid, when you didn't pay, And in the end it's been a cossal failure. Premiums didn't go down, premiums went up. And in fact, you have the worst of all worlds. You have high deductibles and high premiums. They used to be the marketplace would offer you high deductible plans for lower premiums, but now you have, you know, like I say, the worst of all worlds. You have high deductible plans and high premiums. And you'll you'll hear examples of somebody making eighty thousand dollars a year there's a thirty thousand dollars insurance policy. Well that's just obscene. So we have to do something different. We can do the same thing. If you know, just extending Obamacare we're going to work. We could debate that, but it hasn't worked. It's objectively failed. So we need to do something different, and it works everywhere else. Look, television sets are ninety nine percent cheaper than they were forty years ago. I mean, you know, as iPhones, everything, all the technology. We have amazing things at our fingertips, and the price has been going down every year. So we need to bring a real marketplace. Let capitalism work in healthcare help. There's one of the few areas where prices go up dramatically greater than any other segment of the economy.
Speaker 1: It's about one sixth of the entire economy, and so it's almost impossible to have inflation affected in a positive way if one sixth of the economy have ten percent increases every year and people are unhappy with it. You can imagine if I have car insurance and you I assume you have car insurance. Imagine if my car insurance policy would cover oil changes, it would cover cleaning out my car, it would cover rotating the tires. My insurance policy, my car insurance would be through the roof. Well, why not have a catastrophic plan, so that if I have an accident or hurt somebody, then it's covered, but all the other expenses are borne by the consumer.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't that be a good plan for medical insurance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you combine a catastrophic plan for a young, healthy person with a health savings account. And so currently only ten percent of insurance plans are legally allowed to offer health savings accounts. So my plan would do the association health careing co ops or buying groups, but also would allow everybody to get health savings account. So I've had three kids that I had to put in braces, but I did it with pre tax money that I put in my HSA, so I was able to save on their prices. But why shouldn't every other American get say thing that I was able to get. You know, it's ridiculous that ninety percent of insurance plans in our country don't allow health savings accounts. So my plan will let everybody have a health savings account. It would let you pay your premiums out of your health savings account. It would let you do more things like diet programs and gymnasium out of your health savings account, vitamins out of your health savings account. So the idea of wellness that you know Bobby Kennedy's talking about, we would let it go with pre tax dollars to do things that are good for you. And I think there's all kinds of things.
Speaker 4: And you know the greatest thing about.
Speaker 3: My plan bill, you know what it costs zero doesn't cost a taxpayer anything because we basically just legalize the purchase of insurance to these co ops and then we legalize the establishment of health savings accounts for everybody. But it isn't the government funding these things. It would be private individuals funding them.
Speaker 2: I would love that approach.
Speaker 1: I think Democrat's eyes glaze over like a great white shark eating a tuna, because there's not government control, there's not government power, there's not campaign finance dollars raised, and the Republicans are taking the hitd on this, I think politically, even though I think most Americans understand what you and I are saying, but most Americans aren't covered by Obamacare, so it's someone else's problem now. Secondly, on the filibuster, I have many of my friends say it's time to nuke the filibuster. Donald Trump, the President wants to nuke the filibuster two years ago or three years ago, except for Cinema and Mansion, the filibuster would have been nuked already, which means the Democrats could have done anything they wanted to do. Where do you stand on the filibuster? Is it going to be nuke the next time? The Democrats control everything, God forbid, and they will at some point, which means Puerto Rico, Washington, DC will be states god knows what's male in balloting would look like? Where do you stand on nuking the filibuster by the Republicans knowing the Democrats are going to do it the next time they can.
Speaker 3: I think the natural state of man is to be free. We're born free, and most government, most legislation takes away, either incrementally or in great chunks, takes away our freedom. So I don't want more legislation to pass easily with simple majority. We have several impediments to a direct democracy. We indirectly elect our representatives.
Speaker 4: We give each state two votes.
Speaker 3: Which isn't very democratic. Kentucky has the same amount of votes that California has in the Senate, and then we have this filibuster, which means you have to get a super maginity to pass anything. It's frustrating because, like right now, we want to undo a lot of the crazy programs and Democrats put in place, but we you know, are unable to do it because of the filibuster. But you know, when the shoes on the other foot, you know, if we get rid of the philibuster, now we pass.
Speaker 4: A lot of good stuff.
Speaker 3: Immediately when the Democrats take over and there's no filibuster, they pass it and so we'll ping pong back and forth from one to the other. And as much as I want to undo their programs, I think getting rid of the philibuster probably means more legislation passes. And there's a lot of bad ideas on both.
Speaker 2: Sides of the aisle.
Speaker 3: Most of the legislation passed in Washington takes away your freedom. So I still believe even the filibuster, because I think most of the ideas up here are rotten and we shouldn't encourage these people.
Speaker 1: When you and the Senate continued things status quo until January the thirtieth, part of that was doing something many people aren't happy in Kentucky about hemp. I don't know how hemp was relatable to the Obamacare, But tell the American people what happened in that bill that angered many of the hemp farmers and marijuana grows in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. Explain that to the American people.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, they kept talking about a clean cr CRS fancy the title for continued resolution or a spending bill, and a clean means that there weren't any extra policies on it. Well, Senator McConnell snuck in a policy change, and what his policy change does is it overrides all of the state laws on hemp. Doesn't really apply to cannabis or marijuana, but it applies to hemp. So in Kentucky we had passed laws regulate help. If you want to get a drink that has a little bit of THC in it from hemp, you can buy it in a liquor store. You have to be twenty one and it's significantly regulated. McConnell's language came in and changed the definition of the plant. It comes from a plant, So the farmers will all have to destroy all their plants. They will also have to destroy all their seeds, so the farmers will have to start over. But then the numbers, the percentage that he allow is way below what the Kentucky legislature voted on.
Speaker 4: So really these drinks will.
Speaker 2: No longer be legal.
Speaker 3: So ninety eight percent of the products that are made from hemp are made illegal by Center McConnell's language. So he's destroyed the hemp industry. He helped to get it started, and now he's going to destroy it. But I'm still working on legislation. My legislation says that any state that chooses to regulate hemp, that their regulations would actually supersede the munconnell language. It's still a long shop, but I have one year until his language takes place that I'm going to try to see if we can let states have their own laws instead of being bullied by the federal government.
Speaker 1: And lastly, there's a truck driver crisis in this country. I look at Texas setting the traffic stop of an eighteen wheeler took a wild turn when troopers realized the driver, guy named David Amaya, didn't have a commercial icense, didn't have a CDL. The group was part of a clan of Nicaraguans Guatemalans, El Salvadorans, Hondurans and Mexicans turn over to border patrol. And every day there's thousands of illegal truckers with made up CDLs operating over the super slabs of this great country. My old good friend truck and Boz who would be enraged? What can you do to make sure the illegals do not drive seventy five thousand pound trucks that are destroying American trucking and secondly causing death and destruction all over the country.
Speaker 2: Senator, what can we downe about that?
Speaker 4: Enforcement?
Speaker 3: So legal, enforced, capturing, stopping, arresting, put these people in jail, but also liability. You know, there was some tragic cases of you know, whole families being killed by these truck drivers that don't speak English, you know, trying to make a U turn on the freeway recently. Well, that company should be liable for that. Now, that doesn't bring the family back, but it certainly will give a caution to these truck companies to quit by hiring people who are illegal, don't have licenses, or can't speak English or read English. So liability but also enforcement. If you're captured doing this, you go to prison, and so I think that there's going to be what we'll find over time is hopefully we'll have less of this.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see what happens. Senator rand Paul, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And you're saying on Thursday is going to be the vote on the extension of these subsidies, and what does your crystal ball say yay or nay?
Speaker 2: In the Senate.
Speaker 3: I think no Republican will support it. We'll get about forty seven votes, all Democrats. I don't think any Republicans are going to support just extending it without reforming it at all. I'm not for extending it period. I'd try to replace it with the free market.
Speaker 2: God bless America.
Speaker 1: Senator Ran Paul, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show this Tuesday afternoon. And stay warm. Senator Ran Paul, thank you very much. Thank you, God bless America. Let's continue with more if a line becomes available, you know, the routine news coming up at your home of the Reds and Bengals. Looks like Kyle Schwarber signed back with the Phillies on News Radio seven hundred WLW. All right, Billy Cunningham, the great American and a voice of reason and a sea of intranquilities. I want to thank Senator Ran Paul for coming on. We're going to talk about the settlement of the city with the protesters in a moment. But thanks are screwed up completely in medical care, and they have been for years. There's a system available that would provide better medical care at lower expenses. Democrats can't agree to that because the insurance companies to whom they pay fifty billion dollars a year under Obamacare, is using that money to screw blue and tattoo the policyholders of Obamacare, which is only I use the term only twenty two million people, about eight percent the great majority of us like me and I assume you get medical care through our employer that has some negotiating power. iHeartMedia has about fifty thousand employees, so iHeart Media has a plan. Most of the people here are happy with the plan. They don't want to go to Obamacare. A giraft as a horse defined, describe and created by a committee. The committee created Obamacare in which individuals who are not employed, not eligible for Medicaid or Medicare, or not with other plan can go online four or five companies are given subsidies by the federal government of about fifty billion dollars, and over the last several years, deductibles of skyrocket and the premiums are going up. Those that are young and healthy do not want to pay anything for medical insurance.
Speaker 2: They don't need it. And for those who.
Speaker 1: Do get it, if you're a male, you probably don't need abortion services, and if you're a woman, say fifty years old, you probably don't need maternity care. But the democratically controlled Obamacare requires every person with no presisting condition extras to have the same medical plan, no matter what it is. So the coster through the roof, so as the premiums kept going up, people under the age of forty, young and healthy said, you know what, I don't need that.
Speaker 2: I'm paying all this money. I don't need it.
Speaker 1: So therefore they opted out of the system, leaving behind those with special medical needs. The cost of skyrocketing. The government's got to provide the subsidy, So no one could have described to find or created Obamacare with the idea of helping Americans without medical care to get it. Because right now you can go to an emergency room and by law, you get free medical care, and if you can't pay for it, you get it for nothing. And those who do pay off to the side, their premiums go up. But if you can't pay and you get the same medical care, guess what, you don't pay, but someone else does. And secondly, we've done the topic for years. There's thirty to forty million illegals in this country right now. No other country in the world has close to ten percent of his population here illegally, and they have free medical care through the ers. They don't pay anything. Those who do pay more. And so it is a multifaceted problem that neither side wants to fix. The fix by Senator Ran Paul would be perfect, but the Democrats don't want to do that. They lose control and they lose power over the ability to say Republicans don't care about your healthcare.
Speaker 2: We do care.
Speaker 1: I'm a conservative libertarian, not necessarily a Republican.
Speaker 2: I'll vote for Democrats.
Speaker 1: I'll keep voting for Democrats that are reasonable, like Charmaine McGuffey the sheriff, for example. Absolutely, I voted for Dusty Rhodes for years. Absolutely, So it isn't about party with me, It's about passing on our great nation to the next generation of Americans having a functional society, and it's not happening right now. It's going to get worse, not better, especially with AI and the fact that forty percent of college graduates come out without a job.
Speaker 2: That's never happened before. It's never happened before.
Speaker 1: That the majority of women between the ages of eighteen and forty.
Speaker 2: Five are not married.
Speaker 1: Think about that stat On all that entails eighteen and forty five year old women, fifty one percent are not married. That means often they're in dysfunctional circumstances, unhappy, demanding more and more and more. And that's a problem. About the same number of males, by the way, are unmarried. That's a problem. We need family structure, we need family units, We need.
Speaker 2: People to work.
Speaker 1: Try to get a job today out of college with a degree in English or women's studies or geology or GM morphology or some mathematical field very difficult. And so we're not preparing our kids for the future by telling them there's something for nothing and speaking of something for nothing, I've spoken to former mayor John Cranley and Joe Dieters, former prosecutor.
Speaker 2: About how ridiculous.
Speaker 1: The settlement is today by the City of Cincinnati to pay Alphonse go Hartstein, a Great acou attorney, about two million dollars in attorney's fees, and the rest of these four hundred and seventy nine protesters, so to speak, are going to divide up between ten and twenty thousand dollars each and every now and then, Scottie Johnson on City Council as Chairman of Public Safety. Every now and then, Scotti Johnson has a lucid moment. He said, quote, I don't get it. I don't understand why Cincinnati police are penalized for resting people that were violating the law.
Speaker 2: I stand by the police. That's a lucid moment. Let's go back in time.
Speaker 1: I was with you in the summer of twenty twenty when George Floyd, who was convicted arm robber, a drug abuser who beat up women, found himself in the circumstance and possession of counterfeit money illegal drugs. His body was riddled, shall we say, with fentanyl, and a police officer was instructed to have a certain hold on his neck because he was non compliant. The original corner's finding was what that George Floyd died of natural causes because his heart stopped beating.
Speaker 2: His body was filled with heroin and fentanyl.
Speaker 1: Now should he should the cop have had his knee on his neck for nine minutes and thirty seconds. Probably not, But that's not murdered. That's probably a manslaughter. Maybe nothing. The corner said, George Floyd died of natural causes. And George Floyd, by the way, was a bum who preyed upon the black community, but now he's been deified into near apostle status. So Cincinnati, like many American cities, had opportunistic criminals who wanted to break in the stores, firebomb police vehicles, and general just act up in a crazy way for several days, and so it got out of hand at University of Cincinnati and an OTR in which plate last win is robusted out, looting of stores, et cetera. Serious stuff went on. So finally John Cranley said enough is enough. He imposed a curfew. Got to be off the streets. So these four hundred and seventy nine people were told ten to twenty times, get off the streets, get out of the sidewalks, quit breaking into stores, quit fire bombing, cars. Oh, you're going to be arrested. They were told a dozen or more times. Stop doing it, You're going to get arrested. Stop doing it, You're going to get arrested.
Speaker 2: Leave.
Speaker 1: You don't have the right to occupy city streets and break in the stores. So after about ten to fifteen warnings, the police were told and God blessed the Cincinnati police by John Cranley, and the city manager at the time was that John Kerp. I think it might have been anyway, he was, okay, enforced the curfew. We can't have this anymore. It was one guy that tried to break in to the Hamlet County Jail run at that point by Sheriff Jim Neil. He wanted to break into the jail, trying to break out the plate last window of the jail.
Speaker 2: Enough is enough.
Speaker 1: So if Cranley had not acted, the city would have burned like it did in the late nineteen sixties. So finally things got under control. Four and seventy nine were arrested on various charges, mainly misdemeanors, and there were city cases. They weren't felonies because if there were felonies, Joe Dieters would have thrown the book at those who tried to burn down the city of Cincinnati. So there was conversations had between the mayor, chief of Police, Joe Deaters, Mark Pete Myertz, ceter.
Speaker 2: What do we do?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, one night in jail's enough, let him go. So they let the Fortnite seventy nine so called protest go. Don't do it anymore. So now after almost five years, five and a half years, we have a very very liberal, left wing, progressive mayor who, by the way, doesn't make his car payments, a very progressive city council other than I think in this case Scotti Johnson, and even the vice mayor is making some lucid comments today, not being lemon Kearney and saying why are we doing this? The alternative is to take it to trial. And if a trial takes place in federal court in Cincinnati on these charges, guess what. If it takes place, the jury is not from only Hambleton County that would be part of it, but not most of it. Most of the jury members would come from southern Ohio. They would not come from Cincinnati, which is quite liberal. And as a consequence, that means jurors would have to come from Claremont County, Brown County, Adams County, Warren County, Butler County to send on this case, and they were going to be asked to hand out to these scummy protesters eight million dollars.
Speaker 2: I would say no.
Speaker 1: In fact, if Joe Dieters was still involved in this case, he would have said, look, sometimes you simply can't accept an injustice to take the taxpayer money and pay protesters eight million dollars. Put twelve in the box and let's see what happens. Tee it up, tee it up.
Speaker 2: But the city.
Speaker 1: Capitulated because they wanted to pay their fellow travelers eight million dollars, two million of which went to Alfonsko Hartstein and the other six minion would be split up between ten and twenty thousand dollars each. So the Plannings and the laws who claimed they were detained by police were held for hours on buses outside of the cold. This was the summertime of twenty twenty. There was no cold at that point, and Jim Neal provided access to shriff the toilet's, water, food, blanket, shelter, etc. They were held for eight to ten hours. In release, don't do it again. Then all the judges got together, they dismissed all the cases. The message is the next time one of these protests morphing into our riot takes place, riot with impunity in the city of Cincinnati, the city will pay you eight million dollars for the riot.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? No, I'm not. This is reality.
Speaker 1: One of the council members who's lost his mind said, the settlement is less risky than going to trial, where a jury could have ward a lot more money than about twelve twenty thousand dollars each. Well, on the other hand, they might award them nothing, and councilman Mark Jeffrey cited more expensive settlements and judgments against the city. How much is coming to Chief Thiji or Chief Washington. I don't know, but I know one thing. The citizens living in Clemont, Adams, Brown, War and Butler Claremont County would not give these citizens, these so called protesters, eight million dollars because of what they did. Show the video through depositions, Throw the video of the fire bombing, the looting, the burglary, the robberies, the setting cars on fire, and tell those jurors from a Butler County. Guess what we want you to give those guys eight million dollars. Sometimes the case is so bad you got to roll the dice and say, whatever it is, it is. We can't live with just paying eight million dollars to a bunch of criminals who commit a crime and ignored orders frequently to disperse immediately if not sooner.
Speaker 2: So that's where we are. Let's continue.
Speaker 1: You got me all fired up now, this is unbelievable, unbelievable the city's doing this. And once again lemon Kearney and Scottie Johnson have lucid moments. They're saying, essentially, you know what, tee him up to trial. But the problem is the city probably doesn't have attorneys to do it. And alfonsko Hartstein ACLU attorney once again gets two million dollars. The ACLU I don't think the good residence of southern Ohio would look kindly upon giving ACLU attorneys two million dollars?
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more sidely said it years ago. The city of Cincinnati is going down the tubes. Every day something more ridiculous takes place. Maybe maybe the American finally makes some car payments bill cunning and the Great American with you every day. You're home of the Reds and Bengals. The Reds do not have Kyle Swarber. Back to the Phillies A News Radio seven hundred WW.
Speaker 2: Bill Cunningham, the Great American.
Speaker 1: Of course, I dealt for years with the idea of Jewish chef practice anti Semitism by many in America.
Speaker 2: I see it constantly.
Speaker 1: About a year two and a half years ag I went to Jerusalem and it was a wonderful experience of wonderful city. And my boss is a Jewish carpenter, which is another story. So I've always wanted to explore the roots of Judaism and also the impact Judaism has had on America because none of the founding fathers themselves were Jews, but they were influenced insipidly by the Jewish experiences in Europe and a little bit in America. So joining you and I now is Wilfred McLay. He's with the Hillsdale College. He's a wonderful scholar when it comes to biblical, cultural, and literary history of the Jewish people and how free institutions in America have been affected. That is Christianity profoundly are securely grounded in Jewish ideas, images, and ethics. And Wilford also known as Bill McLay, welcome, I think for the first time to the Bill Cunningham show. The book is Jewish Roots of American Liberty. And Bill, first of all, let's go back to the beginning. I know how Christianity began. I think I know how Islamic studies began the religion. How did Judaism and begin going back several thousand years?
Speaker 2: How did it begin?
Speaker 4: Well, Judaism represented a real, uh departure, I mean just looking at it historically. I'm not looking at it from a from a God's eye point of view, but uh, historically, I mean it's a it's a rebuke to the pagan theologies of the ancient Near East. Uh. It's uh, it has all sorts of uh different differentiating factors. It's a it's monotheistic. It's believing one God, excuse me, and the one God speaks the world and the being. He's separate from nature. He is and it's appropriate to call him he. We can talk about that. But and he creates man in his image, and that is the basis for so much that is distinctive and admirable about America and about the West gen or generally. But you know, when Thomas Jefferson wrote in the Declaration of Independence that all you know we it's self evident truth that all men are created equal, he's going back to whether he knew it or not, and I think he did know it, even though he was not a particularly devout person. He was going back to Genesis and to God speaking of the world into being and creating man in his own image.
Speaker 1: I kind of wanted to get to the issues of anti Semitism today, but was Abraham? Was Abraham? Was he the father of Judaism? Or where did it go before that?
Speaker 4: Well, no, it's it really begins with Abraham. It really begins and with the Sign of the Nods. Covenant with Abraham is a circumcision, and so that was that was there. That's the beginning of the Jewish people. Although I think most well, you know, I'm a Christian like you. My boss is a Jewish carpenter, so I don't presume to speak for the Jews, but I think that most Jews, certainly in America, would see the Passover and Moses transporting his people into the new land of the promised Land of Canaan and promised by God out of slavery in Egypt, the sort of signal moment of Jewish identity. But of course they were already Jews at that point, they were not. It really really does go back to Abraham. And but you.
Speaker 2: Know when God.
Speaker 4: Sort of denotes designates Abraham the Father, the father of any nation, so he's not only talking about the Jews. It is the beginning, the new beginning for the whole human race in the in both the Jewish and Christian understanding of what the significance of that event was. So I hope I answered your question. I probably told you more than you wanted to.
Speaker 1: Bill McClay, you say, Christianity itself securely grounded in Jewish ideas in America is grounded in Jewish ideas. How is Christianity in America grounded in Jewish ideas, images and ethics?
Speaker 2: And put some put some meat on those bones.
Speaker 4: Well, you know we we I mean, first of all, Jesus himself says repeatedly that he didn't come to to you know, sort of overcome or negab the the scriptures, that is the law and the prophets that the Old what we call the Old Testament, he come to fulfill them. So, uh, there's a right there there is. Jesus was Jewish, he never walked away from his Jewish identity, and he ministered first to the Jews. But there's so many other things. You know, if you think of the the the the Ten Commandments, you think of those are still you know, they're they're foundational for Christians as well as you think of the fact that, uh, the Jewish law, which Christians do not observe, but uh we we look upon with with respect, I think we should. Jewish law has very careful rules about what what you're to do with about things like spood and sex, and uh, these are these are things to be to be handled with with respect, with a sense of their of their inherent importance or almost sacramental we might say, quality, and.
Speaker 1: So such vicious and Semitism all over the world. I'm thinking about Europe, the Middle East. One or two hundred years ago, there was a large Jewish communities over many of the Muslim countries in the Middle East, may I use the word tolerated until they were obliterated. You can't have a synagogue anywhere in the Muslim world. Christianity will not be put up with. There's vicious anti semitism in America today, not the forms of Adolf Hitler, not the forms in Europe, not the forms practice today in the Middle East, in which you cannot be an observant Jew running around almost any Middle Eastern.
Speaker 2: Country and live.
Speaker 1: But why can you put some ideas behind why is there such vicious anti Semitism almost everywhere in the world?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and and there they're sort of always has been, you know, I think a favorite response to that question is it that Jews have been historically made into scapegoats. But I don't think that does anything more than restate that question. Why did you? And you know, it may have something to do with the fact that they are God's chosen people, and we.
Speaker 5: Flinched from saying that. In fact, and too many Jews flinched from saying that claiming chosenness. Of course, choseness is not just a trophy, it's also an enormous burden of responsibility.
Speaker 4: So but but any rate, I think the fact that Jews have persevered and excelled, especially once in beginning more or less in the eighteenth century, they kind of gain entree into the mainstream of European and then American public life. Jews are they outperform any other group you can imagine in terms of you know, scientific achievements, but you know, intellectual achievements, business success, you know, you name it, and whatever. A group of people are very successful and kind of have a tightly knit way of life, and others around them are gone as successful and maybe don't have that tightly knit way of life. They it cast suspicions, this is a conspiracy. There's some kind of conspiracy going on here.
Speaker 2: Well, well, question, I look at it.
Speaker 1: I look at Nazi Germany, which was the antithesis, the paramount of antisemitism because of the murder of six million Jews, two million Catholics, homosexuals, et cetera. German society was a failure of the nineteen thirties, and so Adolf Hitler and the Nazis needed a convenient scapegoat, and they looked around and said, well, let's blame the Jews for the failure. Now worse than that, well, it metastasized into the ovens of Auschwitz. But here in America, there's vicious antisemitism today in twenty twenty five in America, vicious anti Semitism on college campuses in America.
Speaker 2: Why does that happen?
Speaker 4: Yes, well, you know a lot of it has to do with the Palestinian issue in the Middle East, but that issue itself. And I'll give you just my opinion about this, because I don't know that anybody else can explain all this definitively. But I think the Palestinian issue has been I think for you many years as it's starting to fade. And this makes some people very nervous. But the era of world, the Muslim world, is particularly in the territory, the geography the ancient Near East, has seen this unbelievable success of this new modern is Real created in the late nineteen forties, which has become really a first World country, a very unpromising neighborhood, despite having wars and rumors of work surrounding it from the very moment of its conception. And uh, you know you have to uh if you're if you're looking at the failure. If I may put it this way, I think I should of so much of the Muslim world too, to have evolved into the modern era successfully. It's not universally true, but it has been largely true. And the the the the question of rights is why did you Why have the you's been so so darned successful? And uh you know it does why have they been able to perpetuate their their scriptures, their way, their distinctive way of life even when all the forces uh were against them. Everybody in your audience has probably seen the movie Fiddler on the Roof of Broadway Play or whatever, uh you know this is. This is it's romanticized in some ways, but the way that the story ends with the program and them being driven out mostly to go to America, there's a there's a kind of basic fundamental truth to that, to that experience. And so America for the Jews has been a sort of new promised land. And and a great many American Jews will will say that we'll own that that that this has been. I mean, my friend Eric Cohen, who's the president of the Tiklo Fund says, he says America. He had an article on Wall Street Journal back in September, America is the greatest Hebraig nation in the history of the world, because you know, we are next to Israel, we have the largest number of Jewish inhabitants in this country. And uh, and we've been a refuge to the Jews, and it was it is not time to stop. Well, let me give you it to stop that.
Speaker 1: Since you and I are both Christians, let me give you my idea as to why it happens.
Speaker 2: Because if you're.
Speaker 1: An observant Jew, you believe in a faith, one God, you believe you're special. You're in a functional family unit with a mother and a father who are together, with children that grow up in a single household. There's a work ethic that is put into the Jewish soul and heart, otherwise doesn't happen. When I did Hamilety County Public defender work, we had one Jew. Over the years I worked for those who committed crimes. We had one Jew that came through and it was like, oh my god, there's a guy named Greenberg here that committed a crime. It's extremely unusual for a Jew not to be married, not to follow the law, not to be bright, not to value education, not to be entrepreneurial, and many times dealing with each other, which by the way, is a great thing. As one Jew helps another Jew helps another Jew, there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 2: In fact, that's good, and so that the things that make.
Speaker 1: Society great have been embraced by Jews for thousands of years, and that causes jealousy among other groups who shaways, hate, don't have the good life a Jew often has. And in Israel, if I get back on my soapbox, when the Jews arrived in nineteen forty seven, nineteen forty eight, Israel didn't look much different than Lebanon, or Jordan or Syria.
Speaker 2: It was a desert.
Speaker 1: And after a several decades, the Jews, because of their values in their system, meant Israel flourish. And that was proof that that system of religion and government works. And what's going on now in leban and Syria, Iran, Iraq everywhere around doesn't work.
Speaker 2: And they also celebrate women.
Speaker 1: Imagine being a woman or a girl living in Kabo, Afghanistan.
Speaker 2: My god.
Speaker 1: And that's why Jews succeeded in America. They flowered here because the values of Judaism are the values of great Americans.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, I think you're right about that. You know, there is one other thing I have to say, and it's not It's not a pleasant thing. To say, but it needs to be said, is that I think that we Christians have had an inadequate understanding of Judaism, and that that is and it's truly I think of a theological problem that we we because of Jesus's words, which you know, and Jesus is God as far as we're concerned, not for the Jews. And that's that's a natural point of tension. But it's it's this question, and it sometimes goes under the fancy theological term of super sessionism. Did the coming of Christ? Did the New Testament, the New Order supersede, supersede everything that was taught? And we had debates in the early Church about whether to throw out the Old Testament, the Jewish scriptures altogether, and that was rejected. That was soundly objected in the early Church. No, the the Old Testament, what would continue to be holy scripture an essential part and so that the prelude of Judaism is part of what it means to be a Christian. You can't separate the two things. But we but we have sort of had taken the attitude many of us it's not true of you and not true of me, But that had that the coming of Christ and the coming of Christianity wipes out the prior covenant that God had with the Jewish people. And if you're a serious you know, if you're a serious students of the Bible and and and and and see the Bible as God's word, then you have to be brought short I think by the fact that it never says that the covenant go was covenant with the Jews was broken. And so this is a lot of very good theologians and now we're starting to think this through it WHOA, you know, maybe we've maybe we've construed this wrongly with regard to the truth. John Paul the Second, Hope, John Paul the Second was in the forefront of this, but it's I think been more promistant the alogians that have been especially interested.
Speaker 1: In I tell you what, Wilford McLay also known as Bill McClay, we've scratched the surface. We got to conclude. The book is Jewish Roots of American Liberty. And you're with Hillsdale College. It's everywhere right now. Jewish Roots of American Liberty by Wilfred McLay. We've scratched the surface. The book goes into much greater detail and I'm do we have a little bit of time.
Speaker 4: I have a great story to conclude with, Okay, I'll try to make it quick. You know, when after we became a country, you know, we had to choose this Great Seal of the United States, and there was a committee. Benjamin Franklin was on the committee and Thomas Jefferson and John Adams, and they, jeff Eifferson and Franklin both wanted to have an image of the Exodus on that. And you know, this was amazing when you think about it, because they wanted this quintessential Jewish Old Testament image to be the Great Seal of the United States. They didn't succeed, but they they tried, and they had a great slogan, Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.
Speaker 2: Say that that's great.
Speaker 4: And and Jefferson liked it so much he adopted it for his own seal, the Jewish Routs.
Speaker 2: Of American Liberty. It's one they acknowledged that.
Speaker 1: It's wonderful than that story, wonderful Jewish roots of American liberty. And Wilfred Maclay thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And and Bill, you're a great American. Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you Bill, Thank you Bill.
Speaker 2: God bless America.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more news coming up your Home of Your Home of the Bengals News Radio, seven hundred w L.
Speaker 2: Hello, quiet, and.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm broadcasting. I'm saying we don't want to interfere in the commercial to actually some content, so I'm trying to get into the Stooge Report. We have Dean Gregory here, who is the impresario when it comes to ribs and things of that character.
Speaker 2: And Dino.
Speaker 1: First of all, you want to make a major announcement about the boat house.
Speaker 2: Is that correct?
Speaker 6: Well, boat House and the original we're open for We're open for lunch through the holidays. We started Friday. We're going to serve lunch all the way up to the twenty third.
Speaker 2: From what time and what time the segment wants to know.
Speaker 6: Well, we opened at eleven o'clock Tuesday through through Friday and serve continually until we close at night nine thirty or ten o'clock.
Speaker 2: I'm not even sure what time we clothes anymore. Not ye sure anymore. I'm not there. I can't stay wake that light nine.
Speaker 1: Or ten o'clock. Absolutely, the hardest working man in your operation. Is your brother Tom Gregory? Is that correct?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: That is that is that is not true? To know this is our busiest time of the year. That is a huge note. Tom has been on vacation for two weeks. We have no idea where he is, and we have no idea when he's coming back. And the only thing I can think of if you don't like Tom now is a good time to eat lour Montgomery location because he's not there.
Speaker 2: Not there. Yep, you can't screw things up, is what you sing.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, he's got great staff out there. They'll take good care.
Speaker 1: Of the Company's a small, large bit whatever it is. Boat house eleven am forward starting last week.
Speaker 6: One started Friday. Yep, had a great crowd down there today. And I hope you'll come and see us. I will come see you, all right, I hope. So how about Kyle Swarver?
Speaker 2: Is he coming in? We've not seen him yet, but we're waiting for him. Segment. Get into the Suite Report and tell Dino what's going on with Swarver. Will Head.
Speaker 7: The Student Reporter is a proud service of your local Tamestar Heating and air conditioning dealers. Thamestar quality. You could feel a beautiful Western hills called Durbin Heating and Coolie at five one, three, five nine, eight four forty nine, or go to Durbanheating and Cooling dot.
Speaker 2: Com and you need that this weekend segment.
Speaker 7: That's correct Willie and Red's updates. Slugger Kyle Schwarber out of Middletown is gonna stay with the Philadelphia Phillies.
Speaker 2: Do you know your reaction to that one? Boo? You were gonna get him lifetime ribs? Correctsolutely? All he can eat forever? I bet he can eat. Oh, he looks like it. For how many pigs? How many ribs do you serve like in a year? Do you have any idea? I have no idea.
Speaker 6: A lot talking thousands and thousands of ribs, hundreds of thousands, a lot of ribs.
Speaker 7: Absolutely he gets a five year, one hundred and fifty million dollars deal to stay in Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: What about the Reds segment? What about the Reds?
Speaker 7: I get, well, Willie, I guess they didn't pony up enough dough raying to me.
Speaker 3: I guess what they.
Speaker 2: Should have done?
Speaker 1: Match the Philadelphia offer, then say the beginning in ten years, We'll start paying you ten million dollars a year for the next twenty five years after that what they did with Junior. That's right, right. How about Candelaria still owe him fifteen mil?
Speaker 2: Oh you mean Bobby Bonia? No Candell Oh, yeah, that's true. You're right. How about that, Dana?
Speaker 1: Would you pay an employee fifteen million dollars a year not to work?
Speaker 2: No, sounds like to not at all. That's right. We do pay Tom not to work. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Schwarber announced today he's going to play for Team USA and the upcoming World Baseball Classic, the reds La. Da Cruz is going to be in the WBC playing for the Dominican Republic.
Speaker 2: Do you know your reaction to that, Dela Cruz playing for the d R, Well, you got to support your homeland definitely. And you're a Greek Yeah, carry oucis yeah right, absolutely, we were Alti boys together sixty years ago. You and Dean carry ocis.
Speaker 6: Absolutely what church, the Greek Orthodox Church, the Old Church that it was an avondale on reading roads.
Speaker 2: Whatever happened to that guy? Carry Okus did ever make anything?
Speaker 6: Abne I think are Alder boys.
Speaker 2: We always see pictures of this.
Speaker 6: You know what, we always were goofing off. He was always serious. We always knew he was going to be a huge success somedays.
Speaker 2: Don't you said that?
Speaker 1: I was told behind the scenes you used to take some of the wine and drink it is that.
Speaker 2: The priests would be out front. We'd be in the back pitching quarters.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And Dean was always aid a standing at attention. Whatever you mean. And kuriaokus, Yeah, was he like a person? He wasn't. He was above normal back then. Were your dock now for hard issues, That's the only That's the only guy I would go to. Definitely having an extra valves or anything in your heart. Nothing.
Speaker 6: I've had no problems I saw. The last time I saw him was probably seven eight years ago. In his office.
Speaker 1: Got cigars and you got ribs. That's all you say. Two of the four food groups. Absolutely on a cigar and eight ribs. Yep, just like your daddy.
Speaker 2: Uh huh. Please continue segment. Well, he a free agent reliever. Edwin Diaz is left the Mets.
Speaker 7: He gets a three year, sixty nine million dollars deal to join the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 7: Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits, Wine and Tobacco and Party Town with open three hundred and sixty five days a year, with thirteen in Northern Kentucky locations. Good Spirits and Party Town making your holidays effortless.
Speaker 2: With the Bengals, you got to start drinking.
Speaker 7: Trey Hendrickson underwent core muscle surgery today on his hip and back, and his season is over and his time with the Bengals is O.
Speaker 3: V E R.
Speaker 2: Also, what's a core muscle issue? I have no idea. Sounds like it would hurt, though.
Speaker 1: That's going to hold a crim check. He knows how to tell you. We want to call it carryocus.
Speaker 2: Think he knows about that stuff. Guarantee you he does, so please continue.
Speaker 7: T Higgins back in concussion protocol really after experiencing symptoms again after Sunday's game in Buffalo, and yesterday the Bengals waving wide receiver Jermaine Burton, who is who had yet to appear in a game this season, was suspended for the game in Buffalo.
Speaker 1: Dan Gregory, they're paying him fifty nine thousand dollars a week not to play. Then they suspended him, then they cut him. Not a bad gig.
Speaker 2: Not a bad gig at all. Yeah, please continue.
Speaker 7: Willie High School News Anderson twenty twenty seven star cornerback Ace Alston has made a verbal commitment to play at Notre Dame CUFCAF. Quarterback Cash Harney is committed to play at the University of Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Any any plans for an expansion, you're like me saying I got what I got it, I want no more?
Speaker 2: Is that correct? That is correct? Yeah, segment can continue.
Speaker 7: Willie Cotton College Basketball tonight NKU and Brescia University who six thirty at the Fox Sports thirteen sixty The Brescia Bearcats owen seven on the year. They're out of Owensboro, Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, this is a college team. Yeah, what's their name? Brescia? Ever hear of them, Dino never have never in the record zero and seven? Yeah, their name is Bresca. Yeah, out of what?
Speaker 2: What? Owensboro Kentucky? Throwing that you never heard of that?
Speaker 3: Dean.
Speaker 2: I wonder if there's a line on that game. This is a line I take the other side.
Speaker 7: Kentucky Wildcats. They were booed last time they played there. I played North Carolina A and t tonight.
Speaker 2: They want to get rid of the pope.
Speaker 7: Illinois and Ohio State, and in Penn State and Indiana tonight.
Speaker 1: There it's about it pretty bad Indiana beating Ohio State.
Speaker 2: Did you like that or not?
Speaker 1: I kind of liked it in a sense because Indiana, you know, it's so let you try to coach here.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't let him coach here. He wanted to come to UC. Oh did he really know that? My half brother, Yeah said no, Oh boy, what a huge mistake. And then he goes to In the end, he did a heck of a job with that team, for sure, level high state, but let someone else win every now and then.
Speaker 1: Indiana, the Hoosiers football team is the second worst team in the history of major college football until until last year.
Speaker 6: Do you know once again, maybe we'll see him again in the finals.
Speaker 2: You think UC is going to be in the final? No?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Once again? Lunch through Christmas at the boat house. Absolutely, thank you for having me. I like to appreciate it. I like to have you. I like to have I like to have Tom come in. But he comes off vacation, let me know segment when he comes back. You got it? Row well in Live forty one.
Speaker 7: Wally and Honnor of the Montgomery In Boathouse and the Original on Montgomery Road. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report.
Speaker 2: Nope comments, I got guess the Reds aren't talking. I wouldn't either. On seven hundred WL, Bill cunning in the Great.
Speaker 1: America, of course, Jeff Krueir controls New Orleans, Louisiana with an iron grip. He's been a radio talk show host there for many years, written many books. And now that LaToya the Destroyer is heading toward federal prison, is the new mayor going to be any different?
Speaker 4: Meet the new boss the same as the old boss.
Speaker 3: Bill.
Speaker 5: It's one liberal Democrat coming in in exchange for another liberal Democrat. The difference is that the new mayor is polished, she's smart.
Speaker 4: She's articulate.
Speaker 3: She'll make a good image.
Speaker 4: But her policies are pretty much the same.
Speaker 5: She's not corrupt, she's not going to go to jail, but she's not going to move New Orleans in a direction toward you free market entrepreneurship, you know, booming economy.
Speaker 4: It's going to be.
Speaker 5: Government solutions for problems, you know, give us more money, more programs, that's going to be her formula.
Speaker 1: Her name is Helenamarino. Not much different. Has ice arrived in the Crescent City yet.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, we are pleased to have them.
Speaker 5: You know, I do a bike ride every you know, Sunday morning all around the city with my friend and there are many buildings that were adorned with graffiti f ICE.
Speaker 4: There's all kinds of.
Speaker 5: Marks from the protesters that you know, they're not pleased that that ice is here. But Gregory Bravino, the head of the Border Patrol, has been asking, you know, folks, you know, to cooperate. And I see most people, most of the you know, business owners and most of the average citizens support what they're doing.
Speaker 4: A lot of them go up to them and say, hey, I want a selfie with you.
Speaker 5: He's got a lot of support among the people, not necessarily the local politicians.
Speaker 1: As far as the budget deficit left, I look at some of your columns, Jeff Crueir, and you point out there's a huge bunche of deficit LaToya Cantrell the destroyer left behind.
Speaker 2: And also I also.
Speaker 1: Noted that those twelve or so murderers that escape from a county jail, about three have not yet been found. But how big is the deficit left behind? Which is true in almost every city. In fact, we have a mayor in Cincinnati, Nam half to have Pirival, who's had two personal cars repossessed by the repo man. And so what's happening in New Orleans? Kind of embarrassing when your mayor has the repo man with a tow truck hooking up his car, would you kind of embarrassing? That's half to have Pireval doesn't make his car payments. Butvernetheless, how big is the deficit in New Orleans?
Speaker 5: Well, well, she did one better than him. She had a love shack with her bodyguard boyfriend that we had to repossess. Or she was using a city owned apartment for her little rendezvous with their bodyguard, and the city council had to eventually kick her out of there.
Speaker 4: And change the locks. See that's the whole reason, you know. For one, I was wondering, why is she.
Speaker 5: Traveling all over the world for climate change conferences. She doesn't care about climate change. She just wanted to go on international trips with their bodyguard boyfriend.
Speaker 2: A bodyguard. He was guarding her body making sure no one else got to it.
Speaker 4: Right, So now it all makes sense. They wanted to on the.
Speaker 5: Taxpayer dime, you know, see Rio and all these other exotic destinations.
Speaker 4: So I mean it was a scam.
Speaker 5: So yes, Bill, she left us with about a two hundred million dollar budget deficit.
Speaker 4: And that's in a city whose overall budget is only about eight hundred million, So I mean that's a massive deficit.
Speaker 5: Day they got all this COVID money, they decided to keep spending it. It was supposed to be one time money, but they turned it into recurring fences.
Speaker 4: They budgeted fifty seven.
Speaker 5: Thousand for overtime that really cost sixty to seventy million. So I mean, it was just one debacle after another. And the city council that Helena Moreno sat on did not do a very good job of oversights. He just sort of rubber stamped what the mayor was doing. And now of course they're all saying that.
Speaker 2: They didn't know.
Speaker 5: Well they should have known because they were on the city council. They're supposed to be overseeing what the mayor is doing.
Speaker 1: Is there any real election in Cincinnati. We don't have a real election in Chicago, or in Los Angeles or New York, Atlanta, there's no real election. The Democratic Party nominates. The Democrats can stand up and stand up and line to vote, some in person, some in mass Is there any like in New Orleans, an opposition party to any of this.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: The Republican candidate for mayor got two percent of the vote, which is even worse than Curtis Leewa received in New York City two two percent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he's a good, good.
Speaker 5: Man who should been elected. He's a CPA, came out of retirement to run, very qualified. He knew the budget backwards and forwards. He could have really cleaned up that city. He got two percent of the vote. And when Donald Trump rons when Republicans run for governor, they get about ten to fifteen percent of the vote in Orleans Parish, which.
Speaker 4: Accomplices of the city.
Speaker 5: So that's about the base of Republicans arrest or Democrats, and they just fight it out among the Democrat party ass who's going to be the preferred candidate.
Speaker 1: At least in Cincinnati, j Edy Vance's half brother got like sixteen percent of the vote.
Speaker 2: That's not bad.
Speaker 1: Of course, he ran against the mayor whose cars repossessed, ran against a city manager appointed by the mayor who has filed personal bankruptcy because of taxleans but other than that, and the vice mayor in our town also has a million dollars in tax liens and the mayor can't make car payments, and so that's typical in Cincinnati. Talk about your your nomination for Turkey of the Year. You have many nominees. By this only one winner. Tell the American people who are the nominees.
Speaker 5: Well, there were a lot of very, very good nominees this year.
Speaker 4: We had Chuck Schumer, he was a nominee.
Speaker 5: We had LaToya Cantrell, of course, LaToya the Destroyer. She was one of the popular nominees.
Speaker 4: But the overwhelming.
Speaker 5: Winner was Jasmine Crockett, the congresswoman from the Great State of Texas. Her faux pause during twenty twenty five. I mean, we could spend hours talking about that. She backs up her you know, incompetence with delusions of grandeur. She makes her staff driver around in escalade. They're like an uber driver. She's like a princess in the back all to herself.
Speaker 4: She rarely goes to work. She's a diva. Treats her staff like dirt.
Speaker 5: And then of course she wants to now run for the US Senate in the great state of Texas, And we got to alert our friends in Texas to make sure that doesn't happen because she would be a disaster.
Speaker 4: Well, you can't promote someone like her.
Speaker 1: You know, Jeff Career, I hear every cycle Texas is about to go blue. And so I guess, having gone through a whole bunch of real derelics and knuckleheads and some real goofballs, they now moved on to Jasmine Crockett to run for the US Senate seed. Now, if that happens and AOC takes over the Senate through New York, she's gonna run against Chuck Schumer. Everyone in the note tells me that she's not so stupid as a run for president, But to begin in the Senate is a stepping stone and the presidency and imagining Congress and woman Porter in California winning the governorship. There you'd have the trifecta Porter, the Crocket, the AOC and throwing LaToya the destroyer, throwing all of them together.
Speaker 2: Now we're in real trouble.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the three stooges, those three, my gosh, I mean, can you imagine the disaster that would be at those three one.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't think Chuck Schumer is going to run, so I do think AOC is going to win.
Speaker 4: I don't think Jasmine Crockett is going to win.
Speaker 5: Even though the polls show that she's leading among Democrats, she'll probably get the Democrat nomination. So I see her giving it a try. But you're right, they keep saying it's close. But I still think the Republican will prevail. And I do not see her. I do not see her getting elected. But you know, we got to keep our guard up.
Speaker 4: I mean, she's a dangerous person.
Speaker 5: I mean she's just extremely left wing, very very incompetent. She says things that are very divisive. She likes to push the racial issues divide people. She's not a unit or she's not someone that's gonna, you know, help the people attack us. She's just going to do it for her own personal glory.
Speaker 1: You have a great column up about two weeks ago and November the twenty fourth at Jeffkrueer dot com. America is facing the most critical midterms ever.
Speaker 2: Please explain, Well.
Speaker 5: We have got a Republican majority of about four seats now, and with Marjorie Taylor Green resigning, that's going to be another special election, So Republicans need to maintain their majority until the midterms. And then, of course history shows bill that the party out of power normally wins massive numbers of seats in the House and takes power. Republicans have got to hold on to this because if the Democrats that take control, that's going to be the end of the Trump agenda. They're going to start impeachment hearings against President Trump. They'll probably impeach him on the House side. They'll be the same sort of dysfunction that we saw in the first term. And we've got too much work to do to overcome all of the Biden agenda. I mean, we are trying to make progress with all of the obstacles that the Left is throwing in front of President Trump, and we can't turn control of Congress over to the Democrats. That would be a total disaster. So that's why I say it's incredibly important for this country if we want to maintain to make America Great Again agenda and help President Trump succeed. He needs help in Congress. And by the way, these Republicans need to get to work. I'm tired of their recesses. I'm tired of all of their you know, getting paid for shutdowns and not doing anything. The two month vacation that they took. I mean, there's too much at stake here. I mean, they've got a lot of fire under them.
Speaker 4: Bill.
Speaker 1: The other issue you bring up, which is a good one, that if the Senate stays Republican, which most pun and say it will unless Jasmin Crockett maybe she's related to Davy Crockett. I'm not sure, but if Jasmine Crockett in Texas wins the Senate seat, there there'll be no judges ever again confirmed by the United States Senate or ambassadorships. If they take the House and the Senate. What's smart individuals say could happen because of a lot of malaise with Republican megatypes. Then we're in a real crisis because then Trump would be an orphan in Washington, d c.
Speaker 2: And we can't have that.
Speaker 1: It would be a disaster, which is Obamacare coming up in about a week. By the middle of the month, they're supposed to say, Okay, the Senate's going to have a vote on Obamacare. Remember, like your plan, keep your plan, like your doctor, keep your doctor, your premiums going down twenty five hundred dollars a year on average. We're going to lower the bunchet deficit. And I don't see anyone bringing this information out. When Democrats speak about the glories of Obamacare, why don't they talk about the fact that Obamacare billions go to the insurance companies were supposed to hold down premium cost and also deductibles, and they don't do that. We're funding the insurance companies and not healthcare in this country. Imagine a world in which the Democrats control the House in the Senate about a year from now. My god, are we in trouble and we forget about Obamacare and the promises. Why does the media bring up their promises of Obamacare? None of what you haven't kept.
Speaker 4: I mean, you make a great point.
Speaker 5: I mean we keep hearing from the media and the Democrats the word affordability. Uh, the problems that we have with affordability are all.
Speaker 4: Due to Democrats.
Speaker 5: Because Democrats gave us Obamacare. Not one Republican voted for Obamacare. Democrats gave us Bidenomics. We're only ten months away from Bidenomics, and President Trump's agenda is in.
Speaker 4: All the way completely enacted.
Speaker 5: The One Big Beautiful Bill doesn't get started until after the new year, so we're still recovering from Bidenomics. That people have affordability issues with healthcare and other costs. It's all due to the Democrats, and Republicans are terrible at messaging and fighting back and standing their ground and communicating to the American people about these issues. They've got a great story to tell with what President Trump is doing, but they're, you know, they're they're they're not doing it. They're they're they're certainly ineffective, and they're not supporting of President's nominees in the Senate. You're talking about if the Democrats take control, they should be confirming everybody now, but they're not because of the stupid Blue slip and all these other hurdles that they're putting in front of everything. They got to get rid of the filibuster bill, they got to get to work, and we've got limited time here.
Speaker 4: So I don't know either.
Speaker 5: These Republicans are just lame, But the Democrats cause the affordability as we know, whether it's rent to be an issue that helps the Republicans, whether.
Speaker 1: It's rents, utility cost health care the Democratic policies calls the affordability crisis. Instead of taking responsibility for the extent of their policies, they blamed the other side for what they've done. It's an incredible thing to watch. The Landlord Association in New York City says there's thirty five thousand empty apartments in New York City. And one of the shows, I think it was Breitbarter, it might have been Fox News, had a portergo with the landlord to a nondescript one bedroom apartment in Brooklyn, and he said, in that unit right there, I pay four thousand dollars a month fifty thousand a year in real estate expenses, real estate taxes, that's fifty thousand, he said. I also spend approximately one thousand a month in utilities. That's twelve thousand. So before I do anything about that apartment, I have sixty two thousand dollars five thousand a month to break even. Now, on top of that, I have to pay utilities and I have to upgrade the facility now. Then, so if I don't charge seven or eight thousand a month for eleven hundred square foot apartment in Brooklyn, I go bankrupt because the cost exceed the rent. And so when the Democrats in New York City, I have thirty five thousand empty apartments and they have rent freezes, which means you can't recover the cost of real estate tax increases, utility cost increases the Democratic policies bring about with these to avoid which are they want to have lots of apartments, Their policies cause fewer apartments, and economics indicate when that occurs, the rents go up.
Speaker 4: Correct, You're exactly right.
Speaker 5: I mean some of these people will walk away from these projects if they can't make any money, and the Democrats prevent people from making money, from making a living, from doing it in a way that's economically feasible.
Speaker 4: I mean, their plans just don't work. They never work.
Speaker 5: There's never an example of any of these plans working anywhere. So New York City is going to be a disaster under this Mondami character. New Orleans was a disaster under our mayor, Cincinnati the same way under your mayor.
Speaker 4: I mean, they just don't work.
Speaker 5: There's no city we can point to you and say, hey, Democrat policies turn that city around and made it more liveable, made it more affordable. I gave it a better economy. They've got nothing, They've got a poor results everywhere. Yet people in some of these cities like Cincinnati, New Orleans keep voting for the Democrats.
Speaker 1: We just had the election about a month ago, and after that, purevoll got like eighty two percent of the vote. And this was after the riots downtown, This is after him signing silly legislation. This was after the repo man had popped one of his cars for non payment. And so, I mean, how many mayors have multiple cars repossessed by the repo man while he's in office?
Speaker 2: Does that happen very often? No?
Speaker 5: No, And that should be disqualifying. That should be disqualifying. And how he handled the you know, the the incident down there was just horrible and that should have been disqualifying. And then he gets eighty two percent of the vote. That's that's incredible. But well, you know, I mean, these voters, I guess they're just hard headed. They just can only vote Democrat. I mean, that's what they've been programmed to you, that's what they believe is the best in their best interests, and it understand is leading to the destruction of these cities.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean, it's just crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, take of our three major cities, Take New York, Chicago and Los Angeles. You take Mom Donnie, Randon Johnson, and Karen Bass. You cannot have a more collection of goofs than those three running their cities into the ground. And Mom Donnie's about to make it worse. His policies are awful and they're going to be worse, and the voters voted for him. At least you only have like fifty point five percent of the vote. In Cincinnati, our goofy mayor gets eighty two percent, and you're Mayor Helena Marino. I guess, I guess you got ninety percent.
Speaker 2: Of the vote.
Speaker 5: No, she had some Democrat offica, you know democrats. She so she won the in the first primary with about fifty five percent of the vote. But you know, candidate's number two and three were both Democrats, and she she won.
Speaker 4: She didn't even have to go to a runoff.
Speaker 5: So see the problem is that a lot of Republicans voted for her, thinking that she was the lesser of the evils among the Democrats. Instead of getting behind the Republican candidate, they voted for her, and now they're going to regret that I predict based on you know, how she's acted toward Ice. I mean, you know she's not exactly welcome. I mean, we've got a Republican governor. He's welcoming Ice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look at what she's doing. I mean, she's trying to run them out of town.
Speaker 1: Jeff Crer you're the best of this. I want to check in with you in the Southern Command there in New Orleans. And Jeff Creerer, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And by the way, Jeff, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 4: Merry Christmas. Bill, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thank Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham with you every afternoon on news radio seven hundred WULW. You have your home. The gift of claim was zero resk at forty dollars.
Speaker 8: Just this past week, I saw I don't remember which celebrity, but it was actually a celebrity, and I was like, I don't know that that's not necessarily a bad idea, but I'd have to think of it a lot. One of the things that they proposed is black folk not have to pay taxes for a certain amount of time, because then again, that puts money back in your pocket.
Speaker 2: But at the same.
Speaker 8: Time, it may not be as objectionable to some people about actually giving out dollars, but obviously then you start dealing with the different tax brackets and things like that. And that's one of the reasons that you know, we argue that reparations makes sense because so many black folk not only do you owe for the labor that was stolen and killed and all the other things, right, but the fact is, like we end up being so far behind, right, and so it's like, how do you bring forest people exactly? And so it's like if you if you do the no tax thing for people that are already say struggling and aren't really paying taxes in the first place, it doesn't really exactly. Maybe they may want those those checks like they got exactly.
Speaker 2: Hello, quiet, I'm broadcasting. I got a headache.
Speaker 1: Did you understand that is the great granddaughter of Davy Crockett, the next US Senator from Texas. Did She said, for those don't pay taxes, you don't pay taxes. Therefore, when you have taxes that are cut, they don't paying taxes. Difference in making me pay taxes or don't pay taxes because you pay taxes, you don't pay taxes.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: You know, she's she's becoming like a verb, like as when you say something really stupid, you go, well, you're you're pulling a Jasmine Crockett.
Speaker 2: Right now, did you understand what she was?
Speaker 4: Sack?
Speaker 2: Did you get it? I have no idea. I got a headache.
Speaker 1: She's going to be the next US senator from Texas, right, gonna be John Cornyn. Do you think if that happens, the world ends as.
Speaker 2: We know it? What did she just say? Okay, you don't pay TAXI. You don't pay TAXI, but don't pay taxes anyway. So if you don't pay taxes, are not paying taxes either, So who's paying taxes? Nobody's paying taxes. If you don't have any money to pay taxes, you don't pay taxes. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: It's making it up. But she goes along. Now hilarious. That was pretty good.
Speaker 1: Now we got what about uh, Jason, yesterday, your good friend Jason Williams and you got into the Mayor's getting his car with the repo man I sent you. I think the video of Donald Trump with the repos truck picking up the real Yeah, yeah, okay, I just had a guy on for New Orleans. The mayor down there is under indictment. She took city money to have a love nest with their security guard. He was in charge. Her name is LaToya the Destroyer, and they would to make love why old occasions in a city owned facility quarter and she was in charge. He was in charge of her body. He was charging her body, He was charging up her body. And they used to go on rio and all these trips paid trips.
Speaker 2: We the taxpayer. LaToya Cantrell talk about my bodyguard, my body go to my personal my personal business. What I do with my bodyguard? Remember, it ain't no joke. If you can't pay the note, Yeah, you can't pay the note, tell the mayor that, will you? So I think we got problems. Uh, he's you know, when you're getting your car repode.
Speaker 9: It's it's not like they just show up with a tow truck and they text you.
Speaker 2: Something in the mail they give you. Remember, ain't no joke. Yeah, operation you see the Let me think a ted pure of all? How many have ten pureoles are.
Speaker 1: There in SCA live get a hold of him tap pure of all? Is that like having him like seg Dannitt. No, I think I know who that guy is. Let's call city Hall three five two thirty two fifty and speak to the mayor.
Speaker 2: How about your note? Ain't no joke it don't pay your note.
Speaker 9: Look, if people are having money, that's nothing to that. But no, no, And the point is that Steve Gooden brought up on our show yesterday is that you know, if if people know that you're having money trouble in that position, you could be tempted by people to be compromising. Hey, yeah, look you know here's some you know you need some money. Here's this, Well, how about your vote on this, or how about you.
Speaker 2: You do this instead of that? Who co signed his note? Ain't no joke. Someone else paid the note.
Speaker 1: And by the way, his wife and him make four hundred thousand dollars a year, three to four hundred times possible. Well, she's a big time physician at Try Health.
Speaker 2: What does she makes one eighteen being the mayor a right, So the two.
Speaker 1: Of them together have like three four hundred thousand. That's one thing when you're broke. Like Jeff Passer, it was no joke. You didn't pay his note. He took cash from the FBI. Okay, I get that, and then you got How do you have your car repote? If you have money to pay it off? How do you let that happen?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Once twice, living beyond your means. He's got the hairdo, he's got the got the glass, he's got the What about that railroad money? Got the railroad money? Dipping a That ain't no joking. You don't pay the note? Yeah, yeah, give me some sports.
Speaker 2: Will E the reporters of Proud Service of Man.
Speaker 7: That was actually a show Operation Repo was on TV.
Speaker 1: Let's put a rail show. Had he got a whole tote? That guy knows what he's doing. Sheldon Toe, Sheldon, get a hold of him.
Speaker 7: Willy, the stude reporters of Proud Service of your local Tame Star Heating and air Conditioning dealers, Tamestar Welling, You get feeling Cincinnati kus Schmid Heating Get Cooling five one three five three.
Speaker 2: One sixty nine hundred spot. Thank you, Roxley.
Speaker 7: We also want to thank Lear's Prime Market for our lunch today. Willie Deluxe Deli located in beautiful down Tell Milford, the home of the Eagles.
Speaker 2: For the coast.
Speaker 1: You get Penn Coast, don't forget Penn Station, don't forget.
Speaker 2: About Lear's Pine Ars.
Speaker 1: I'm always a cut above eting like we're going to the electric chair.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, you're not kidding. Montgomery in and then Penn Station. It's always about.
Speaker 1: What about Philip Rivers going back to your old team, the Colts? Could you go back and play at linebacker for the Colts? Philip Rivers coming out of retirement. He's forty five, that's about.
Speaker 9: You got nine kids? He probably needs to make a few more checks.
Speaker 2: Ain't no joke, don't pay that note. He needs some more jack?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: How much? How much does it cost to raise nine kids in California?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 1: He wants to play quarterback again? Could you play linebacker for the Colts?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: There was a period of about three years. I could probably go back, but not, No.
Speaker 9: Are you like forty five? Forty forty five will be forty six and the January the.
Speaker 2: Philip Rivers the same age? Can he play quarterback for the Colts? Say?
Speaker 7: I guess we'll see Red update Willie Slugger, Kyle Schwarber and finalizing a five year of one hundred and fifty million dollars deal to stay with the Philadelphia Phillies.
Speaker 2: Rocky, what about the Reds? What happened? Thirty million per season? We didn't have the dough, the ray or the me to pull it off? Right? Please continue? Uh, let's see the Reds.
Speaker 7: Ellie da Cruz says he's going to play for the Dominican Republic and next year's World Baseball Class at dr Wait that again, Ellie da Cruise hurt last year that and get hurt again and a muscle.
Speaker 2: Cor What about a muscle core problem? What's a muscle core problem? Then he had a quad too? Yeah, hit everything?
Speaker 9: Why was he playing for this deal? And when he's employed by the Cincinnati Reds.
Speaker 7: Why didn't you get ready to play playing for God and Country in the Worst Basketball Classic?
Speaker 2: Don't you want to have us a across your chest? When is that?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: It's like right before, like right at near spring training time or something. Talk to the mayor. He ain't no joke this. What if he gets hurt playing playing this deal? Your reaction?
Speaker 7: Bengals up and they brought to you my good spirits and wine and tobacco and party town by thirteen locations in northern Kentucky. The Trey Hendrickson underwent poor muscle surgery. This day he had core what's a core mus over? What's that he's done? What is core muscle surgery?
Speaker 4: Rock?
Speaker 9: Like your rectus of dominance right head attaches right to the top of your pubic bone.
Speaker 2: I've torn that before. It's not and he's say not very. I don't know very, but that can be painful. You tore your pubic bone?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 9: What happened to the rectus of dominance? Off my pubic bone?
Speaker 2: That's what That's what happened to me every time on this show. You got a rectus a dominus? What is that?
Speaker 4: You do too?
Speaker 2: By the way, say I don't know. Wait a minute, what how do you tear your role? How do you tear it? There?
Speaker 1: Your rectus twisting and trusting? So he's out for how do you fix it?
Speaker 9: He's out for six weeks to go see doctor William Myers.
Speaker 2: And uh, was it Baltimore and done Philadelphia? What they tied back to your rectus bone? Or what do they do? Yeah? Something like that? Did it work in your case? Yeah? How'd you tour your rectus of dominus?
Speaker 9: I don't actually, I don't know if that's exactly what he had. I had a sports It's called a sports hernia, which is not really a hernia, whereas your hernias when your small intestine pops out through a tear in your.
Speaker 2: Stomach line, but painful. Yeah it is. He got thirty million dollars not to play football this year. Yeah, I don't know exactly what he has pain Germane. Jermaine Burton got fifty nine thousand dollars. So this is gonna be a topic. Okay at five o'clock on the Adian Rockies. You he's back, by the way. How about that.
Speaker 9: Biggest our, most memorable or most painful sports busts that you can recall like an athlete and you're letting her in the course of your life. You're like, God, that guy was supposed to be so good, but he didn't turn out that way. You guys are speechless. Good I'm speechless. I think people think, how about Jermaine Burton, that's the that's the for the suspending the topic and it was already not playing, but they paid him.
Speaker 1: Now they suspended him for not playing and cut he wasn't playing anyway, then they cut him.
Speaker 9: Wonder Van will take a flyer on him. Probably not, But what was his problem? Do we know? I? According to could we talk to us if he didn't pay the note? He didn't pay the note.
Speaker 2: I just didn't think he or actually lap him talked about it.
Speaker 9: He just wasn't really in you know, nos in the playbook and understand the intricacies of playing the game. It's no longer like you can just run around and be the biggest and fastest athlete. There's you know, lots of scheme and lots of things you got to know about how to be a bro and how get opened.
Speaker 2: A week wasn't enough to get his interest. Now he's got nothing. Nothing.
Speaker 1: I like it your reaction. What's on the big show today other than rexis the Dominus.
Speaker 2: We got a doctor on at three o'clock.
Speaker 9: Talk about the mayor, get to get him. We got that's at three o'clock, and then at three thirty five, we have your former girlfriends on you a roar.
Speaker 1: She kind of broke the story about the mayor. I talked to her when this happened. I can't believe this, I said, well, I can't believe it either. Then the document showed up and then she got an interview with She called the mayor's office.
Speaker 2: He picked it up and they spoke. What do you say, boy? Well, he said, essentially it was a it was an auto pay issue. Of course it is. It's like the dog ate my homework.
Speaker 9: Then at four o'clock we have Jeremy Rosenthal, lawyer on talking about this. I was on a cruise. Some guy like drank himself to death on this cruise. He's trying to he's trying to sue. I guess Carnival cruise line for it.
Speaker 2: You made me drink.
Speaker 9: Then we have our discussion topic at five o'clock, which you are speechless over A.
Speaker 5: Right, is that?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: Buck?
Speaker 9: I got that guy should have been so could have been so good, but he didn't turn out that way.
Speaker 2: Give me somebody you could turn it out, but I talked to him. I think Greg Cook comes to mind. He could have been so good and he wouldn't. Yeah, you know, no thought of his own.
Speaker 1: But there's been some Every first round draft pick of the Bengals have turned out poorly except them last.
Speaker 2: Billy Hamilton became Carter.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think seven w w GT. Sag Man the only guy I'll talk to A seven hundred. What did you do to make Ken Griffy talk to you? He wouldn't because you asked stupid questions.
Speaker 7: And you can know because I talked NASCAR with him. He loves Naskar, Yes he does. All right, we got to go rock. Good luck with Tanya.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: It ain't no joke. If you don't pay your note. Yeah, say get me out of Steeport?
Speaker 7: Will he in honor of Crazy Tuesday around here and core muscle surgery rerectious abdominus.
Speaker 2: That's a cut.
Speaker 7: We leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge Report.
Speaker 2: Yeah I remember. Ain't no joke. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The amptp Pureball rule. We can't find this guy. What's his name, Ampta Pura Ball?
Speaker 2: How do we locate him? On seven hundred? Tell me U L W