Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begne.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Here we go again. We're gonta running back to get in.
Speaker 1: On the show called eight six six, not eighty seven two five seven days, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts. Here's your host, David Vase. Last day.
Speaker 2: What a night in San Diego, an electric playoff like atmosphere tonight as the Dodgers come from behind to beat the Padres five to four. Welcome the Dodger Talk David Vase with you until eleven o'clock tonight here on AM five to seventy LA Sports. We will get postgame reaction. You will hear from Eric Lower, the newest Dodger and the former Padre, and we'll share with you part of our pre conversation with Miguel Rojas, who is leaving the door a crack open. It sounds like to maybe come back and play next year if things line up the right way. So we'll get to all that, but let's start with this game because the first two matchups between these two teams picked up where it left off last year. It's playoff like atmosphere. I know it's may. I know there's one hundred and ten games left, but thirty nine thousand plus made it seem like there was fifty thousand plus at Peco Park tonight. And I there are a few different labels I can give this game. When Freddy Freeman hit his second home run of the game off of Jeremiah Estrada in the sixth inning to tie the game, I was going to label this the Freddie Flu game.
Speaker 1: You know me.
Speaker 2: You know how many times I tell you in October in the playoffs, how many regular season games do you remember? Well, this would have been one of them, and this will be one of them for a lot of different reasons, especially that ninth inning. But I was gonna call this the Freddy Flu game because I feel like I can say this now. Freddy told me before the game that he had a fever the last two days and the fever broke today and he was still dealing with some chills and not really feeling great, but feeling better than what he did the previous two days. So I was going to call this the Freddy Flu game with two home runs tonight, a two run shot off of Griffin Canning in the first inning and a game tying home run against Jeremiah Estrada. And then we saw what happened in the ninth inning tonight, and before we got to the ninth inning, not only Freddy's to a game tying home run, but how about Tanner Scott coming in with men on base in the seventh inning with two outs and he gets the Dodgers out of that jam and then comes back to pay a scoreless eighth inning, And it just showed that Dave Roberts understood the game was on the line in the seventh inning. If the Padres take the lead right there, it's lights out with this bullpen, you would have to believe. But that's why Dave Roberts brought in his highest leverage relief pitcher in that spot, and Tanner Scott delivered in the seventh inning to get them out of that jam and then pitched a scoreless eighth inning. And you're wondering, Okay, who's pitching the ninth Is it Kyle Hurt or is it Will Kline. Well, it turned out to be Will Klein, who picked up his first career saved tonight, retiring the Padres in order. So Tanner Scott wins his first game since last June. And by the way, this is only Tanner Scott's second win in relief for the Dodgers since he joined them last year. We all know it was a disaster last year. Nobody knows it more than Tanner Scott. He's acknowledged that different times. But for the Dodgers to come back, Okay, full disclosure right here. When Dave Roberts brought in Alex Call to pinch run for Max Munsey, I was thinking I wouldn't have done that because Max Munsey is one of the best Dodger base runners. But obviously Dave Roberts had something else in mind where he was going to force the issue to have Alex Call run. I don't see Max Munsey stealing any bases and Call obviously he has a lot of spirit, but I would say sometimes maybe not the best base runner. And you saw him kind of get hung out to dry going first move, but he forced Mason Miller to make a mistake and Ty Frantz, who's only five to ten couldn't grab an er and throw and Call was off to the races and then Call made a great base running play. By the way he slid at home plate on the sacrifice fly from Andy Pie haz and Pie has. What can you say about him? What a tremendous year. He's on his way to the All Star Game with gold Glove defense in center field, being one of the best hitters in the National League as far as RBIs go, he's right at the top top two. Coming into tonight a ninth pitch at bat against Mason Miller, Keyky Hernandez all the way in Oklahoma City, posting on his Instagram story saluting Andy Pajez for fighting off eight pitches to get the one he could drive to the outfield. So can't say enough about how the Dodgers came from behind and Max Munsey give him a lot of credit because last night the inning change, when Mason Miller was able to get the abs on his side against Will Smith, it would have been a two to le count.
Speaker 3: Instead it was one to one.
Speaker 2: Well, Max Munsey worked a full count, a slider down and away was called strike. Three months he was on his way to first base and tapped his helmet and he was right and that got the ninth inning rally going eight six six eight seven seventy is the phone number. You've heard enough from me. We'll get to Alex call again and uh, certainly a great win for the Dodgers tonight against a very good and scrappy Padres team. Let's go out to Marcos who is at Petco Park tonight. Hi Marcos, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 4: Hey Dave, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 3: A pleasure. Where were you sitting, Dave?
Speaker 4: I was sitting on the top deck.
Speaker 3: I was top TechDay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, behind no plate.
Speaker 3: Atmosphere with the top deck, I would imagine.
Speaker 4: Oh electric. That's one thing that I do have to give it to Peco Field. They do have a great did They do do a good job of keeping the fans engaged electric tonight. But two things, Dave, I have to say. I have to give a shout out to Dave on that call to have Alex call no no pun intended uh to pinch run for for Max Monty. I think that without Alex call being base that play, that run wouldn't have happened. And also that long app that's for sure, Andy payees do you think that because of that long at bat, Mason Miller is pretty much not gonna be available tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't see him pitching tomorrow because he threw twenty two pitches last night and then had to really work in tonight's game as well. Let's see how many pitches he threw intnight's game. Mason Miller threw twenty two pitches tonight as well, So I don't I don't see him pitching tomorrow.
Speaker 3: And that's a great point.
Speaker 2: You take Mason Miller out of the equation tomorrow night, but you hope that the Dodgers have the lead in the ninth inning and he's not even He wouldn't have been a factory either way. But yeah, I don't see him pitching tomorrow night with the number of pitches twenty two each of the last two nights. Great call by you, Marcos. Thank you for the phone call. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 3: Let's go out.
Speaker 2: Downtown, Manny. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Manny.
Speaker 3: DV.
Speaker 5: It's always a great day when we beat the little Brothers from down South, So it's I'm loving it. So a couple of honorable mentions. Tonight Freddy two home runs he had you know, he had the flu. Tipping my cap to him, my Dodger cap. Freddy, You're the man.
Speaker 4: We love you.
Speaker 5: My second honorable mention is gonna have to be Andy Paez. He's obviously having just a breakout year. He's just continuing his dominance from last season and now he's actually going to carry over into the All Star Game. So it's good to see those guys clicking. But my main star of the night, the you know, doesn't get talked about too much, but you mentioned him. So I'm glad Kenner Scott. He received so much hate last year, and I get it. He didn't really show up and he wasn't that guy that we thought we signed, but comes into the game. Just something about him. When I see this guy pitching and he's like lining up to throw that ball, he just looks locked in and he just definitely bailed the Dodgers out tonight, Tenner. We love you, baby. I'm so glad to see what I'm watching. And Mason Miller first career throwing error, that's a huge one. That's the reason why we won the game.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is an unforced throwing error. No reason to even throw over there. Obviously, Call he had a feeling that Caul was going on first move and he was able to catch him and hang him out to dry. But he made a bad pickoff throw in Ty Frantz, who's not the best.
Speaker 3: I'll just say he's not.
Speaker 2: Freddy Freeman at first base couldn't grab that throw that went into right field. That's where Fernando Tatist Junior, after starting at second base, moved out to and he had no chance to get Call because the ball was like a Plinko chip down there off the wall and Alex Call was at third base.
Speaker 3: So a really good base running play by Alex Call. I guess. I mean, once you go first move, you don't freeze, you just go.
Speaker 2: And maybe when he froze it kind of made Mason Miller freak out a little bit and you know, think about his throat at first space a little bit too much. But closers like Mason Miller don't really throw over there too often. They're usually just focused on getting the guy at the plate. I had a chance to catch up with Alex Call after he scored the goal I had run in the ninth inning. Here's what the Dodgers pinch runner had to say about everything that took place in the ninth inning tonight.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Well, first credit to months great at back getting on base. They're coming in, you know, green light there, so you know we're willing to uh, you know, obviously you don't want to be stupid, but trust the scouting, trust the trust your eyes, and you know, got the look that we wanted and you know ended up. You know, there's a reason why. I guess he's only got a couple of picks in the last few years. But yeah, I mean, lucky when you work out in your favorite Alex.
Speaker 7: Let's go to the point where you scored the goal. I had run there in the ninth thinning, sacrifice fly by Andy Paez close plate the plate, the ball was cut off for some reason, and you got your foot on home plate emphatically when you're getting closer to home plate. Obviously with the new rules, what are you thinking there?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I put my head down to try to get as fast as I could run a straight line. You know, I saw Tatis coming in charging the ball. I know he's got a great arm, so I knew he was gonna be close. I actually didn't see it get cut, and I didn't know it was cut until they, you know, told me in the in the dugout. But I had a lane to slide and was able to just kind of sneak my foot in there. So that was that was all I was thinking.
Speaker 2: Always ready. What a game for you guys to come back tonight.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, awesome game and Freddy beautiful. It's a couple of swings, you know, getting this going, grinding and out and then yeah, just a total team effort. Bullpen did a great job, you know, great, great job by our boys.
Speaker 3: Thanks for stopping great base running.
Speaker 6: Thanks day.
Speaker 3: Once he's taking all the credit, I mean he can take it.
Speaker 2: You can tell you Alex call deserves the credit. I was just joking. And Miguel Rojas, I don't know if you heard him walking by saying talk about his wheels. So everybody happy in that Dodger clubhouse after a come from behind victory against the Padres five to four tonight at Peco Park, and the Padres came into this game with the best record in baseball in one or two run games. They were fourteen and five coming into the game tonight in games that were decided by one or two runs. Now their record is fourteen and six. Tonight's game brought to you by Modello Modello the mark of a fighter. Let's go out to see me, Valley Ben. Hope you're safe out there with the Sandy fire. So hopefully the Dodgers took some distraction away from all that.
Speaker 8: Yes, thank you. Yeah, I'm a good distance away from the fires, but I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Get into.
Speaker 8: Thank you. Yeah. I could be mistaken, David, but I think I remember you saying, like earlier in the year, Pa has when he practices on like the virtual reality pitching machine, that like he puts it on the setting of Mason Miller. Is that correct.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's specifically Mason Miller. That was not me that said that. Maybe Joe Davis talked about that, but I know in spring training and leading up to spring training, Andy Pa has worked on that virtual they call it the Project machine, where it simulates the picture on this big screen and then the pitching machine throws the pitch that is duplicating what you would see in a game from that picture. And he was working on not chasing pitches outside the strike zone. So not even trying to swing, just making sure he was being disciplined in the strike zone. And that's been the biggest difference from a year ago. We've seen a more disciplined pie Haz at the plate.
Speaker 8: Yeah, absolutely, I agree that at that was incredible. I mean, ten pitches, but he was filing off those one hundred mile an out plus heaters. I was impressed. He got the job done, didn't that sack fly? You know, it wasn't trying too hard to be the hero, but he ended up, you know, getting redemption from I think last night he struck out against Miller, so I don't.
Speaker 3: Say it's redemption.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, a lot of guys strike out against Mason Miller. Be safe out there, Ben, But yeah, it was a good night for Andy pie Has And it's been a great first two and a half months of the season for Andy pi Has.
Speaker 3: He puts in a lot of work.
Speaker 2: Him and Alex call are usually the two position players I see out on the field before every game, working with Dino Ebol and Dino is definitely a guy that has played a big part in piz his growth and maturity, so as Teoscar Hernandez. So happy to see it for a guy that puts in a lot of work and has come from the minor leagues to the major leagues and made a big impact in his first two seasons in the big leagues. And Andy pa has and who could forget his catch against Ernie Clement knocking over Key k Hernandez in game seven to two eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. We have two lines open. We're gonna take a time out. When we come back, your phone calls. Plus you'll hear from Miguel Rojas about whether or not he's leaving the door open for next year. And you'll hear from the newest Dodger, Eric Lauer, who is going to be inserted into the rotation next week. Don't go anywhere more Dodger Talk live from Peco Park in San Diego after the Dodgers come from behind him beat the Padres five to four on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: A five seventy online at am five seventy LA sports dot com and available my podcast on the iHeartRadio app. This is Dodger Talk with David masson.
Speaker 4: The Strata Readies.
Speaker 3: Freeman Swings It.
Speaker 1: Hits one high in the air to deep brightfield.
Speaker 3: This game is tied.
Speaker 9: Freddie Freeman with his second home run of the game, and now we got a brand new game tied at four.
Speaker 2: Freddie Freeman with two home runs tonight that was off of Jeremiah Estrada in the sixth inning. The twenty third time in Freddy's Hall of Fame career that he has hit two home runs in a game. And he had the flu and has had the flu, so it was the Freddie flu game that certainly he performed at a high level to help the Dodgers tie the game and be in position to come from behind to be the Padres. Tonight in game two of this three game series at Petco Park, Daniel Stewlers presents the home run forecast for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniel Steweler's gift card. Visit AM five seventy LA sports dot com, use the keyword home run and to your name you could win.
Speaker 3: Daniel Stewelers own the dream.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers beat the Padres tonight five to four, and they have show Hao Tani on the mound tomorrow night to try to go for the series win. And I would say they're in a very good position for that. Let's go back out to the phones, Heather in Utah. You're on Dodger Talk Live from San Diego. How you doing, Heather?
Speaker 10: So good, So good to hear your voice, Dave. I haven't told any of this season, so personally calling in it was such an epic game. I can resist. So good to hear your voice. I just kind of reiterating the you know, everything that's been said that that was just such a good team win, especially at the end when you've got Max Monkey Chell that look that call strike to line that up getting I mean, you've got to give Dave his flowers for putting Alex Collin. I know you said you didn't agree with that, and I was kind of with you. I was like, oh, hopefully that's a good call, and he's nuck in there and he he's poured off of that rare throw throwing her for Mason Miller and so one incredible playoff like game during May. And as much as I do not like the Padres, I got to give it to him for bringing this awesome playoff atmosphere and really letting these two rivals kind of elevate May baseball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers really haven't had anybody else pushed them in this division over the course of the last fifteen years outside of the Padres and one year of the Giants.
Speaker 3: So it's great for baseball.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad the Padres have a new owner that seems to be committed to continue to do what Peter Seidler started here in San Diego. So it's good for BA. But the Dodgers may just have a little too much, but certainly a great night here in San Diego. Great first two nights in San Diego. It came down to the final out each of the first two nights, and I wouldn't expect anything less tomorrow night. Let's take one more phone call before we hear from Eric Lauer and Miguel Rojas. Misa in Pasadena. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Hi, Misa, Hey, what's up DV.
Speaker 11: I just want to talk about Freddie Freeman his ad bat. I remember you just saying something about it. He was showing his age, but I disagree with that today. You know he was he took the ball deep and so happy to see that. And I also I want to give a big shout out to Mason Miller for throwing that pitch why to first base and having.
Speaker 8: Adx co advanced to therapase.
Speaker 4: Cool moment.
Speaker 3: Where are you at me? So you taking a late night walk listening to us?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, definitely, I hear you a.
Speaker 3: Little out of breath right there, Misa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you for sticking with us and certainly a big night all around. And look, Freddie Freeman had a big night tonight, even battling the flu. It was a good matchup for him tonight in Griffin Canning, but it was impressive for him to hit a ninety six fastball off of Jeremiah Estrada and the Dodgers, for whatever reason, have Estrada's number. That's not an intimidating guy for them. Must be a comfortable at bat, even though he does throw upwards of ninety six miles an hour, because they got to him last year as well. So that was a That was a big hit, the biggest of the two home runs for Freddie Freeman tonight in the sixth inning to tie the game. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Speaking of having a team's number, Eric Lower former padre former Brewer and now former Blue Jay in his regular season career, has a record of seven and two with an elra have two ninety three against the Dodgers. Safe to say he was a Dodger killer in San Diego Milwaukee, and even in last year's World Series, the Dodgers couldn't do a lot of much of anything against him. He actually was going toe to toe or trying to go toe to toe with the Dodgers in Game three and that eighteen in an affair, and the Dodgers made the trade for Lower on Sunday after, you know, a disappointing start to his year with the Blue Jays.
Speaker 3: Six starts Elray over six.
Speaker 2: But here's an interesting connection that we found out today between Eric Lower and the Dodgers. There's one guy, Mark Pryor, the Dodgers pitching coach, who really started his coaching career as a pitching coordinator with the Padres. That's when Lower was coming up with the Padres. So they know each other really well. And Eric Lawer talked about just the seamless transition or the transition being made easier with prior part of the Dodgers' coaching staff.
Speaker 12: Is it bizarre to be in San Diego, but being part of the Dodgers after so many years being on that side.
Speaker 9: A little bit, A little bit, that's what That's what me and Pryor were joking about because he was my first pitching coordinator when I was with San Diego. So yeah, we were laughing that it was kind of like a full circle moment for us where it's like, of all places, I come to the team he's with in San Diego, so it was it's it's cool.
Speaker 12: So that's an added plus, right, he might know you better than most going to a new team.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think we definitely have a history and you know, he's he's shared things with me that he thinks that can help me, and we've been I think he knows me pretty well as far as I'm not I'm not twenty two anymore, but I think I think I think he still has a good grasp on, you know, what makes me good and what can make me better.
Speaker 2: All right, So that's interesting something that we all didn't know or how tight Mark Pryor and Eric Lawer are. They obviously have the trust. Prior has Lower's trust, and that's big when you're trying to make some tweaks to a pitcher that was pretty successful last year with the Blue Jays and has had success in different years.
Speaker 3: But the one thing for.
Speaker 2: Eric Lower is that he will be part of a six man rotation with the injuries to Snell and Glass. Now no Gavin Stone, no River Ryan available right now. And that's the reason why the Dodgers saw him defade by the blue Jays. And I'm sure Mike Mark Pryor endorsed the move to bring in Lawer because he's confident that he can help him get back on track, because Lawer was pretty good for the Blue Jays last year. Now here's something that everybody was wondering in Toronto whether or not Lower was deafade because he spoke out against having an opener when he pitched there, and he was asked about that, and he tried to set the record straight about whether or not he was really that upset over the Blue Jays having an opener on the days that he pitched.
Speaker 9: Some of that, all right, a lot of that was kind of taken out of context. There was no there was no ill will, there there was no hurt feelings. It was it was a very simple question. I thought was like how do you feel about an opener? And I just I think if you ask most starters in the league, they would probably have the same response that they don't like it. But it doesn't mean that I'm not willing to do it. It doesn't mean that I'm not a team player. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna have a problem if there is somebody in front of me. It's it's part of the game. It's become part of the game, and you know, like we're all here to win ball games. It's not about any individual player.
Speaker 10: So yeah, that was.
Speaker 9: That was a lot more than I expected that to turn into. And I think I got a lot of hate for that, and I like I cleared it up with the pitching coach. I cleared up with Pete and Schneids right away, Like it was. There was no ill will there, there was no crap talking or anything about them to them, like we all understood where it came from. And yeah, there was.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 9: It was just a little more blown up than I expected it to be and I ever wanted it to be. So yeah, there's there's no there's no problem with an opener. I'll say that, dude.
Speaker 2: Wow, controversy Canada over an opener for Eric Lower, and I've never met a starting pitcher that was okay with an opener, so I understand what he's saying. But Eric Lower is a Dodger after being a Dodger killer for his entire career. I mentioned what he's done in his career with the Padres and the Brewers Padres, especially being in the same division. For whatever reason, he always pitched really well against the Dodgers. But he is available out of the bullpen tomorrow if the Dodgers need Lower, but he will be making his first Dodgers start on Tuesday night at Dodger Stadium. Celebrate ninety years of racing at Santa Anita Park every Friday through Sunday with millions and payouts every race day. For heart pounding action and new experiences, visit Santa Anita dot com slash events. I mentioned Blake Snell last night. The reason why the Dodgers had to trade for Lour is because Snell had to have surgery on his left elbow. Today, doctor Neil Elatrosh was able to successfully perform the nano procedure that he has perfected, he invented, perfected, and what it is, it's a less invasive scope to remove the bone chips in Snell's left elbow. He was able to remove three bone chips out of Snell's left elbow and from what Dave Roberts said, he believes that this procedure can shave off at least a month of recovery time, which hopefully it's snailed back in August and gets him ramped up and ready to go for the postseason. So that's good news. As far as Tyler Glass now goes, he probably's not going to pitch for another month, and that's the reason why the Dodgers needed some help in Eric Lower and I mentioned last night River Ryan pitched for the first time in a month after coming off the IL in Oklahoma City with a left hamstring strain. So he's not built up quite yet, but certainly two more starts, maybe in Oklahoma City, and if the Dodgers needed him, he would be ready to be called up. Eight six six eight seven two five seventy is the phone number David Vasse live at Peco Park in San Diego. After the Dodgers come from behind to beat the Padres five to four, Tanners Scott with the win in relief after getting the Dodgers out of a jam in the seventh inning, pitched the scoreless eighth inning. Will kleinb retired the Padres in order to take up his first career save, and Mason Miller suffers his first loss of the season and in the process committing his first career air throwing a ball away trying to pick off pinch runner Alex Call, who would come around on a sacrifice fly from Andy Pajaz and the Dodgers beat the Padres.
Speaker 3: Tonight five to four.
Speaker 2: Now, when I was talking to Alex Call, one of the team leaders, Miguel Rojas, came by and he was excited and he was jokingly saying to ask Cal about his wheels. And before today's game I had a chance to catch up with Rojas because there's been some mixed messages. He spoke to the athletic and said, you know, he may consider coming back to play next year if the Dodgers three peat. And then on his last Instagram post at the end of it, he wrote, last dance Miggy Rowe. So we wanted to find out is Miguel Rojas leaving the door open for twenty twenty seven or is he sticking to the plan to retire at the end of this year.
Speaker 3: This is my last year.
Speaker 13: That's that's something that I that I always that I said last year, this is going to be my last year playing professional baseball, and kind of like that's the way that I want to see it, you know, I want to see it us coming every single day knowing that that was my last time playing an Angel stadium or or this is my last time playing in this series for you know, for for my career. Uh, there's one possibility, and it's like winning another championship. I'm gonna have to sit down with my wife and realize and see what is out there for me, especially with this organization, because I would I wouldn't play for any other team that is not the Dodgers. At this point of my life and my career, my decision is already made that I wanted to go. I wanted to go home, and I want to start pursuing the next chapter of my life and my my professional career, which is helping this team from another standpoint or from another role. So that's that's a sign, you know. The only way that I will have a conversation and this is not one hundred percent, and it have to be both ways kind of like one in the same thing, you know, because I don't know. I don't know what the what the team is gonna want for next year in my position and all that. And it's not just me saying that, yeah, I want to come back if we win, because they might have a different, you know, a different way to go. So for me, it's just like, if we win this year, it will be really hard not to have a conversation with my family to try and to get something for next year. But I'm focusing on on this year and enjoying my last time playing baseball because something that I know, as hard as we want, as hard as we work, nothing is guaranteeing this four and we have to earn everything that we that we accomplished. So I'm really humble about that because I mean, even though we won the last couple of Wars years, in one of them, we were one out away from losing it, and it will be a different versation. I might not have a job, you know, like if I if I didn't hit the homer. So I'd rather wait until like the season is over and then make conclusions after after the year's old.
Speaker 3: Okay, so the door is open.
Speaker 2: It sounds like for Miguel Rojas to consider to come back and play next year depending on how this season ends. But the one thing he made clear, and if you want to, I shouldn't say. If you want to to listen to the full conversation of Miguel Rojas and myself before the game, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. But what he was saying is it has to be mutual for him to come back to play next year. The Dodgers would have to need him to come back to play. He would have to evaluate how the body's feeling, how his family's feeling. But yeah, the door seems to be cracked open if everything lines up for him to maybe have one more last dance. But right now it sounds like that's the original play that he's sticking with, But then maybe not. So I'm glad we could kind of set the record straight that he is leaving the door open a crack in case some things line up for next year. And look, he looks phenomenal. In fact, kind of feel like he's playing better right now than he ever did during the regular season last year. And you know, He's a valuable piece to the bench and a veteran and an energy guy and a leader.
Speaker 3: You need that.
Speaker 2: A lot of teams around baseball that don't succeed don't value having veterans like Miguel Rojas on their team. So Miguel Rojas is taking every day as it's his last in the game, and that's.
Speaker 3: A good way to go about it, all right.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, shoe Heo Tani is on the mound for the Dodgers. He is three and two with an ERA of zero eighty two. He's going to hit as well. He'll be the Dodgers DH tomorrow, going up against Randy Vasquez, who is five and one with an two sixty eight. Our coverage begins at four point thirty tomorrow because first pitch is at five forty, and then the Dodgers will head to Milwaukee for a three game weekend series beginning on Friday. Thanks to Colin Ee back at our Burdbank Studios, Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Peco Park in San Diego, and thanks to you for listening. And like we said last night, thinking about all the firefighters out there in Seami Valley fighting the Sandy Fire. Stay strong, and thank you for trying to save lives, trying to save homes and putting out this fire. So hopefully mother nature cooperates as well. And to those firefighters in Riverside County fighting a blaze that broke out earlier today as well, thinking of you as well. So thank you to all our firefighters because they do a hero's job. They are the real heroes, not the guys that play the game of baseball. And even the guys that play the game of baseball would agree with me. So thank you to all of you out there, and please be safe if you're in Seami Valley and hopefully they get this fire contained in Seami Valley and in Riverside County all right. In case you missed any of the show, you know where to find it the iHeartRadio app. We'll talk to you tomorrow. Fox Sports Radio is next with Ben Mallor. Have a great rest of your night see him