Speaker 1: Butler County Commissioners, and they want to see whatever contract you have with ICE canceled. They don't want ICE in Butler County. They don't want Immigrations and Customs Enforcement coming in and you holding their detainees and things like that. Does where do you stand on that? Do the Butler County Commissioners have the power to take this ICE cooperation that you have going on? Do they have the power to take that away?
Speaker 2: Look, we all work together, the commissioners do. And these people have been protesting against the share me for over twenty years. I went through five presidents. Obama deported more than Trump has. And I've seen commissioners come and go. I've seen judges come and go. I've seen presidents come and go. I've done this for twenty years. I had ICE contracts under President Obama. These people hate Trump so bad. They and anybody that voted for Trump or supports Trump, they hate us all. We're all racist, bigots Hitler. I mean they sing songs, hey, good luck to them, and so No, they've been and they're uptown protesting now. God bless their little souls. And I'm okay with that.
Speaker 1: Petest peaceful protest in Hamilton today, So no problem whatsoever.
Speaker 2: No, the average age is probably seventy five. And they're nice people. They hate me, they hate Trump, they hate the police, they hate ice agents. They think the lady that tried to kill an ice agent is a sweet, nice lady. But they don't mention she tried to run over and kill an ice agent and it was all justified, bad but true. And that's where they come from. They've been protesting their whole life. Daunts Democrat and it's okay, uh And I pray for them every day, I really do.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk about that a little bit. Renee Good in Minnesota, apparently she was involved in this ice watch training and according to the New York Post, there's a growing number of soccer moms who are getting involved in this. I guess they get bored during the day so they go to this ice training that teaches individuals how to CAUs what they call a micro infatada. They talk about things about breaking a grip, how to strike an officer when if an officer has someone in custody. They recommend surrounding that officer, blocking their access to a vehicle, blocking the ability to take them away from the scene. Shouting at them things like that. Do you encourage would you ever urge any and not just soccer moms, but any individual to engage in training like this and how to fear or interfere with these sorts of operations.
Speaker 2: Look, this is real juicy to the media and these sanctuary cities. I worked in the prison system seventeen years and I used to watch inmates exercising on the yard practice how to get out of handcuffs. They would practice it on the recreation yard. I watched them how to get out of handcuffs, how to spin around, how to get behind a police officer. They practiced their techniques the same thing that prisoners do. And these people are probably nice, intention they hate Ice. They they didn't hate Ice when President Obama was deporting more than President Trump did. They didn't hate them then. They didn't hate them under Biden, same people that they were deporting. And I know this because I was deporting people for the last twenty two years and I was having those ICE prisoners in my jail when President Obama was here, and I was part of the deportation of Sovice President Obama. Not a single protest. But I'm okay, I love them the death. I pray for them every day. And in this county where we live, we're good. Hamilton County. Different story Sanctuary City Cincinnati. Then you've got Columbus Sanctuary City, all the big city sanctuary cities, and I encourage the illegals to go to those cities, get their welfare, get the free stuff, and protest downtown there. This is a very conservative area and we're okay with President Trump. I've been elected six times. People like the old sheriff here. I get Democrat votes and Republican votes and independents. If you want to know where I stand, ask me. You'll know when you're done talking. You might not like what I say, but you'll know where I stand. And that lady should not have tried to run over the police officer, the ice agent. He had no choice but to shoot, and he did. It's sad for her and her family, and there'll be others die if you try to run over the police. Just head. In Hamilton County, Cincinnati, a police officer was run over and killed six eight months ago. Run over and killed a car will kill you. I forget how many officers are killed every year. The Cincinnati police will not let you run over them and kill them on purpose. They want to go home like everybody else. And that officer was run over and killed by a car. And it's when you do that and try to run over a police officer, they had no choice. I demonstrated that stand in front of the car, he can't shoot their tires out, can't see the tires. All you see is the wheel spinning, and you have no choice. And that officer will not be in dieted, will not be charged. He was in fear of his life. Plus he was injured. That Marrafy's injured or not they try she tried to kill him.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that's seems like that's pretty much the bottom line. You know, sheriff around here, you're everybody's favorite sheriff. But I know it's hard to believe, but there are other sheriffs who do not share your views on these sorts of things. And I look at the at the comments from Philadelphia. The sheriff there, Rochelle Belaw is her name, and she was calling out Ice and she told them, don't come into this city, don't commit a crime. She essentially said that that her office is ready to stand in the way of ICE officers. And she said, and she threatened Tom Homan by saying, you don't want this smoke is what this This sheriff in Philadelphia was saying. When you encounter someone like Sheriff Rochelle Belaw in Philadelphia, what's your normal reaction to someone like that?
Speaker 2: Listen, she's a goof. But that's who they elected in those places Cincinnati, Hamilon County. You elect your commissioners, you elect your judges, you elect your prosecutor, your sheriff, and these other cities where you see these people on Pika, that sheriff was elected in her county, and that's what the people that elect her want her to say and do. I don't pay an attention to what they say like that, but that's the people they elect. And she's a goof. I couldn't get elected there, she couldn't get elected here. And she, I assume believes what she says, but she can't arrest an Ice Agent's not going to She's just beating her chest. But that's her constituents, that's the people that she dances with. That's who elects her. I get it doesn't matter. They're going to make rest just like we do. Ice comes in here we support them. If they're staying in a local hotel and they're trying to take over the hotel, I'll be I'll be doing my part to protect the officers, not like these other police departments. But that's who they elect. Like I said, daytons to sainctuary city, Columbus is a sanctuary city, Cincinnati sanctuary, but not in Butler County. And these little protesters, God bless their little souls. And like I said, they get all juiced up, and the media juices it up, and so they can get all angry, hate the police, they hate all of us, but not here in Butler County. They like the share, they wait, the service.
Speaker 1: What's what's not to like that? Well, you've got you've got some people who don't like you, and namely Ohio State Representative Christine Cockley, a Democrat from Columbus, Mark segrest It is a Democrat from Grove City. And then we've got State Centaer to William Mora from Columbus who put out a letter on January sixth, and they would like the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections to come into the Butler County Jail conduct an investigation. I guess they're claiming that your jail doesn't have heat, that it doesn't it's not safe, that it's overcrowded. All these terrible things are going on there at the Butler County Jail. That you serve them the Wardenburger, which I think we talked about last summer. The wardenburger is making a huge comeback in the news. I guess these individuals who are coming after you because of the condition of your prison, I'm guessing that they really don't know you very well.
Speaker 2: No, they don't know. I referred to them when they made that statement as the three Stooges, and that's really demoralizing. The three Stooges. I said they were ignorant, which they are. And the Department of Corrections the state said they're not coming through. They already been through. They were here in December to go through our jail. We passed all the inspections. Uh. They prefer us not to use the Wardenburger, but the state prison system uses the Wardenburger. If you get in trouble, uh for food in the prison system, they'll take you get the wardenburger my jail. You get in trouble, you get the Wardenberger and uh, my price, you're is fine with that. It's very healthy. It's like a veggie burger. And don't come to jail. I don't get it. Put a chocolate on your pillow every night and seeing you a lalla eyes and rock you to sleep. You get you get big boy underwear, and you don't get special little underwear, special little clothes. You get a jump suit with a number on it. Get sleep in a cell. And I'm inspected by everybody. The Grand Jury comes through by statute, by law. Uh, the Feds come through. Uh, the marshals come through. Uh. Like I said, the Grand Jury, the health Department, there's I've been in back to Bobby hundreds of times. I've been holding nice prisoners for over twenty years, and I will hold them for probably another twenty years. And I'm doing what needs to be done. Don't come to this country illegal. If you do, get the hell out. You can't just sneak in. No different than you sitting in your house in the middle of the night and somebody opens door, comes in, gets in your refrigerator, sits on the cap and starts watching TV. They're uninvited. You don't let people into your country. And President Trump has made that very clear, and so is the sheriff. So and somebody said, how do you sleep at night? I sleep like a baby. I go to sleep very quickly, and I sleep extremely well. I promise you.
Speaker 1: That is fantastic. That is fantastic. So you're saying, you're not running a You're not running a holiday inn, You're not running a lakinta, You're not running a Hilton hotel. You're running you're running out of prison. For God's sake, You're running a jail. And look, if people are gonna if people are gonna commit crimes the whole note, we seem in this country, Sheriff Jones, to have lost the notion that if you commit a crime, that the punishment you receive should not be a pleasant thing. You are deprived of your rights and that should not be a positive experience for anyone in any sort of way. But with all the lawyers and the acou and all these other folks out there, it seems like we've forgotten that and any treatment that is considered harsh by the left or those supporters in this country, it seems like we have to do away with that and make things a little more accommodating for those who would break the law.
Speaker 2: Yes, they want us, like I said, to put a chocolate on a pillow, and oops, we don't have pillows in the jail. I just have to put it on their mattress. And when you come into jail, as far as your underwear goes, you don't get to choose what you wear. As far as fancy underwear, you get underwhere that we give you, or you can buy it in a commissary and you get a cell. You get a TV in or cell and it's not a bad place to go. In the videos, you see me down there talking dead mate. You see me eating the wardenburger and the inmates are laughing and listen to burger ain't past. It's got a lot of fiber in it helps you poop if you need the poop and old.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Sheriff Jones, I'll tell you what it's. Uh. Let's see, I think I've got the ingredients right here. We've got tomato paste, flour, dry milk, oats, beans, ground turkey. So you got some meat in there. You got some cabbage, you got some carrots, potatoes, onions, celery and do you put a little bit of salt on there and a couple of slices of bread, and away you go at the wardenburger so that uh. I'll tell you what, if I had one in front of me, I'd probably at least at least try it, and I'd probably eat the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, I ate half of mine in front of the camera two days ago. It's not bad. It got a little crunch to it. It's not bad. It's no different than going to a restaurant and getting a meatless or a vegetarian burger. I date them. I think burger king sells them. Hey, you get all You get that three times a day and all the water you can drain. Listen, don't get in trouble in the jail. The only way you get that is when you get in trouble. Everybody else gets a regular meal. What am I supposed to do to control them? Have no discipline, and that's what they do. They train these people to disrupt ice, and this won't be the last time somebody gets injured or Ice has to use deadly force when they attempt to run over police officers or ice. They're going to defend themselves and or when an illegal pulls a weapon on somebody, or an illegal rape somebody, they drive and talk dedicated. I could go on. Just here in this county. I had a lady that was injured by a drunk illegal and he was drunk and she was on her way to work at like three in the morning at the local hospital. She was a nurse and she had to have spinal surgery. He don't care. He's been arrested three times for being drunk. One of them was in Westchester, and Westchester police chief, you know, his policy is to turn them loose. And because he, the Westchester Police Chief, turned him loose. What happened. She wrecked. This guy wrecked into her and if he'd turned him over to us, would and that she'd have never been injured. But the Westchester police police chief, he don't care.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing we when we see these stories on the news, we never see the other side of that coin or the other side of that story, and that's the victim who usually has a life changing event, and most of the time it is not for the better. But Sheriff Jones, thank you as always for the time. Keep up the great work, Keep up the relationship that you have with Immigrations and Customs Enforcement. You are leading the way here in southwest Ohio and in all of Ohio and in much of the country. And we can't thank you enough for what you do. And I always love having you on here on seven hundred ww Hey.
Speaker 2: Like I say, I do my part. And to the people that are listening, don't listen to what the media says when they get these people all juice stuff. Like I said, the people that are here protesting, I pray for them and bless their little souls.
Speaker 1: Sheriff Jones here the best. We'll hopefully talk again before too long. Sheriff Richard K. Jones of Butler County and his relationship with ICE isn't going anywhere. Twelve fifty five Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham on seven hundred WLW