Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Here we go again.
Speaker 2: Riga running back.
Speaker 1: To get in on the show called eight six six eighty seven two five seven, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you catch your podcasts. Here's your host, David Vase.
Speaker 2: Last day, we are live at Oracle Park in San Francisco, after the Giants hand the Dodgers their first shutout loss of the season, three to nothing, the final score here in San Francisco. Welcome the Dodger Talk David Vase with you until ten thirty tonight here on AM five to seventy LA Sports, your only home for the Dodgers and the back to back World champion Dodgers. And tonight a disappointing night because the Dodgers offense continues to struggle.
Speaker 3: They are just.
Speaker 2: Hitting one seventy seven with runners in scoring position on this road trip. They've only scored one run in the first two games of this series. And look, I'll just make it really simple. Why the Dodgers have struggled on this road trip. Their bullpen has given up fourteen earned runs in fourteen and a third innings. Their offense has not been very good outside of Max Munsey, Miguel Rojas, and Dalton Rushing, who's not even playing every day tonight. Tae Oscar Hernandez hitless again. He's two for twenty on this road trip with six strikeouts. Kyle Tucker zero for four again. He's five for twenty three on this road trip and has seven strikeouts. He's hitting two thirty three on the season with an OPS of six to seventy six. He's not getting on base like the Dodgers envisioned when they had him hit second. And maybe that's a question to ask at the end of the next homestand is Tucker the number two hitter? Maybe when Mookie Betts returns, the Dodgers will evaluate where they're at with this lineup, because right now, Tucker, as Dave Roberts said, is lost. He's not having good at bats. It's one thing to not get results, but he's not having good at bats. His on base percentage is three twenty, his OPS is six seventy six. Not to mention Sho hey Otani told me in Toronto a couple of weeks ago that April is not really his month and he doesn't really feel like he's in a good spot offensively. He expects to be much better in the month of May. But right now, after tonight's game, O'tani oh for four at the plate, two fifty eight, batting average ops of eight point fifty four, and again struggling on the night that he pitches. O'tani, after going oh for for tonight, is just hitting two to three in sixty four at bats. As a pitcher with the Dodgers, the night that he pitches, he's sitting two oh three, and uh, we'll hear from Dave Roberts in a moment, but O'tani was phenomenal. I don't want that to overshadow what he did as a pitcher and what he's doing on the mound this year. His ERA in four starts is zero thirty eight. I'll repeat that show. Hey Otani in his first four starts twenty five innings has an ERA of zero thirty eight, and his whip is zero seventy five. Six more scoreless innings tonight, seven strikeouts. His sweeper was outstanding. His fastball was hitting one hundred miles an hour consistently, and he had command of one hundred miles an hour, which was even more impressive. What he did tonight was flat out nasty. Otani. The picture is nasty this year. Otani, the hitter is luke warm right now, and his on base streak ends at fifty three games. After going zero for fortnight without a walk. He struck out once, saying, look, there's a debate to be had about whether or not the Dodgers need to have an open conversation about whether or not Otani should hit on the nights that he pitches, because there's enough sample size now to at least consider it. We saw what he did in his last start when he was out of the lineup. He was dominating. He had ten strikeouts and six innings against the Mets. Tonight he was outstanding again as a pitcher. But he's thirty one years old. He's not twenty eight or twenty seven anymore. He's thirty one years old. And his season's not in in September like it did with the Angels. It ends in November. You know, Dusty Baker came into the radio booth to see Rick Monday, and as I was walking with him down the hallway to show him where Rick was, we were talking about Otani and he said, he is unbelievable tonight as a pitcher. But when I was managing the Houston Astros in the same division with him, when he was with the Angels, he's a different hitter when he pitches. He's not as imposing as he is when he's not pitching. And that's coming from a Hall of Fame manager and Dusty Baker who saw him a lot on the other side with the Astros. And before today's game, I presented all these facts to Dave Roberts about whether or not that is something that he would consider Otani would consider moving forward, about not having him lead off or DH on the nights that he pitches.
Speaker 4: We haven't had the conversation, you know, it's still yeah. I mean, I think that if you look at the overall numbers, it's certainly something I still feel really good about putting his name in the lineup. I know, the last start I chose not to have him hit and just pitch, and I am open to it, you know, and you know, we'll see, but it's something that we've certainly flagged, but I think overall we've still you know, And also you have to look at what's the different what's the option, And I think in years past or last year you got to kind of weigh who's a different option. Well, now at least you can you can say that daland swinging a good bat and to keep him, you know, consistently getting some at bats could be helpful. But like I said, I'm going to continue to keep an eye on it.
Speaker 5: Would there be another discussion about keeping in the lineup, but maybe not having him lead off on these days?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think everything should be on the table. But again, you got to look at what's the alternative. And so for me, I don't like having conversations that are open ended that you don't have an alternative, you know, for tonight, what's the alternative?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 4: And if I'm not trying to get into a discussion, but those are things that people can pose questions unless you have an alternative. For me, I don't really pay too much attention.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't could other players that you have in your lineup, maybe you've talked about in the past getting them off their feet, and you don't really have that option anymore with him being.
Speaker 4: The dah Yeah, yeah, exactly. So yeah, I mean again, this is something that these are the thought of him, you know, not hitting on daisy pitches, all that stuff. I understand the questioning and so I'm keeping in mind. But you know, even today against Mainlee, I still feel very good about show heo Tani taking five at Bets tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it didn't work out tonight with Otani going up against Tyler Mally. Mally went seven scoreless innings tonight. O'tanni was zero for four with a strikeout. And look, I do have an alternative. When Mooki Betts returns. I would have Mooki Betts be the leadoff hitter on the nights that Otani's pitching. I would have Freddie Freeman be the DH on the nights that Otani is pitching. So he didn't ask me what my alternatives were, but I do have alternatives, and those would be my alternatives. When Mookie Betts returns, I would have Mookie Betts, who was one of the greatest leadoff hitters this game has ever seen for the majority of his career until Otani got to the Dodgers. I would have Mooki Betts leadoff, and when Mooki Betts comes back, I would consider having Mookie Betts be the number two hitter behind Otanni because right now Kyle Tucker is not looking comfortable being the number two hitter, and Freddie Freeman is thirty six years old. I would get Freddy Freeman off his feet and have Freddy Freeman be the DH on the nights that Otani is pitching. And when Otani pitches, he's outstanding. I mean, he has been one of, if not the best pitcher in Major League Baseball this year with everything that I laid out, and tonight may have been his best performance on the mound as a Dodger. Jose Mota covered every one of his starts when he was pitching for the Angels, and he even said tonight was the best he'd seen and this is the best version that he has seen from show Heyotani the starting pitcher. He's phenomenal, and I don't want the struggles offensively tonight and as a pitcher with the Dodgers to take away or overshadow what he did on the mounta tonight. He was herculean on the mound tonight. But the reality is he's human. I know we don't want to acknowledge that, and maybe he doesn't want to ignore knowledge that, but he is human. He's thirty one years old. By the way, the recovery now is probably a lot tougher than it was when he was twenty six. And like I said, the Dodger season doesn't end in September. It ends in November the last two years, and he was a major part of it. And here's something else to consider. Jeff Passon's latest podcast is a sit down with the two managers in last year's World Series, John Schneider and Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: Now it's an hour and a half long.
Speaker 2: I don't have that much time to commit in one sitting, but I could tell you this the part that I watched. John Schneider talked about walking Otawni intentionally four times during that eighteen inning game in Game three of the World Series, and part of his thought process was was to keep Otani on his feet that entire eighteen inning game because he was starting the very next day. And Dave Robert said that Otani received ivs after Game three and that eighteen inning game to be able to start the next day, so even Dave Roberts is conceding it's taking a lot out of him to start and hit in these type of type of circumstances. I'm not just making this stuff up. This is these are all facts. O'tani only has two home runs and is hitting two oh three as the leadoff hitter and dhing when he starts, and that's sixty four at bats and that's not even counting the postseason. Eight six six eight seven two five seventy is the phone number? Would you have Otani not DH on the night that he pitches? Who would you have leadoff? Who would you have DH? I gave you my suggestions. Eight sixty six eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers are shut out for the first time tonight by the Giants three to nothing. Celebrate ninety years of racing at sam to Anita Park every Friday through Sunday with millions and.
Speaker 3: Payouts every race day.
Speaker 2: For heart pounding action and new experiences, visit Santa Anita dot com slash events. All right, let's sit downstairs right now to here from the man himself, the greatest player on the planet, show Hey O Tani on sports at LA show.
Speaker 7: Hey, when you look at just this audience, clear you had all of your stuff right, Hey, can you describe just navigating through their lineup and being so efficient tonight?
Speaker 3: Not towelve one for you?
Speaker 8: Got that so good? Tell them, let's way about them shop, It's okay.
Speaker 3: Get it.
Speaker 8: Felt really good overall. I just hope that I was able to get into the seventh and that sixth inning. How did you find just kind of the stuff playing? So we obviously saw the emotions with that final strikeout, Yeah, double down the line. Thankfully the run didn't score, so it was a big out for me to be able to get that punch out.
Speaker 7: Talk about wanting to get into the seventh, then, I mean, what do you think the neatest from your side to be able to get back out there? And just I guess pitch count was that ninety three, But to put yourself in a position to push more.
Speaker 9: Hi, Hi cont.
Speaker 8: Just considering the game score, it was really important to give the first run of the game, so I was really focused on that. Now if we if I had the lead, lead, then I think I would have been able to, you know, pitch the contact and reduce the pitch count. But today it was just reading the situation, the game score. I just had to prioritize on getting you outs.
Speaker 2: All right, there's show Hey o Tani on sports net LA. Wondering if there was more to that press conference than those three questions, because I'm curious to know whether or not anybody has show Heyo Tani, whether or not his hitting is being is not as good as when he pitches, and whether or not he's open to that conversation of not hitting on the knights that he pitches. So we'll see whether or not there's more to that coming up later in the show. Eight six six seven, two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 3: Let's go out to.
Speaker 2: Bill and Mission Viejo. You're on Dodger Talk with David veasse Hi.
Speaker 10: Bill, Hi, thanks for taking my call. I agree with what you said about the lineup. It makes a lot of sense. And also I was going to comment Patrick Bailey he got him last year too with the Grand Slam and the tenth inning off Tanner Scott.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean he's becoming a kind of a thorn in the Dodgers' side the last two years, and for me, it's just it's.
Speaker 3: Hard to swallow. Losing to the Giants.
Speaker 2: A but b having the number nine hitter beat you, even if it is Patrick Bailey who hit that grand slam off of Scott last year.
Speaker 10: Right, I agree with that, and then I just hopefully the offense will come around a little bit tomorrow. They've done well against web before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I you know what the way baseball works, Bill is The Dodgers have only scored one run against subpar pitchers in the first two games of this series, and tomorrow they're facing Logan Webb, and who knows they'll come out and score four or five runs against him. That's just the way baseball works, all right, Thanks for a phone call, Bill appreciated. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers fall to the Giants tonight by a final score of three to nothing. And you heard o'tani talk about the double down the line hit by Rafael Devers and Matt Chapman was held up at third base. It kind of hit the cut of the wall. If it gets into the corner down the right field line, Chapman scores easily. But why wouldn't you send Chapman in that situation? You know, I don't see Casey Schmidt doing much damage against Otani in that sixth inning, and I proved to be right one hundred miles an hour, two sweepers and he was struck out to end the inning. So if I was the third base coach, I would have sent Matt Chapman. But as Dino Eble likes to say, there is no yellow light. It's either green or red, and we don't know where the ball's going, we don't know how it's handled. But for me, with the situation two outs and Casey Schmidt coming up again show hal Tani, I'm sending Matt Chapman in a scoreless tie on that play. Eight sixty six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to AZUSA. James, you're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 3: James.
Speaker 6: Hey, Davey, I've been listening the last few days, and I agree with you. I agree with you. They're taxing Otani too much. You know, you know it's almost live. We all know he could do it all, there's no doubt, and he does it well. And I'm speaking I'm not even a Dodger fan, and just to let you know, but we all know he could do it all. But he's heading for the injury list if at this rate, and they're going to lose him long term at this rate.
Speaker 2: Now you don't know that, James. Now, I'll pump the brakes right there. And Otani has a big say in all this. So it's not the Dodgers pushing him to do something that he doesn't want to do. He has a huge say in all this. And you don't know that he's going to the injured list. I'm just saying that it's harder for him to bounce back recovery wise, and the numbers prove out as a hitter the night that he pitches with the Dodgers that he isn't the best hitter on the team those nights.
Speaker 11: Well, it's almost like he's the cook and he's got to serve the food and he's got to wash the dishes and he's doing everything.
Speaker 6: You can't do it all.
Speaker 11: He's got to focus on one thing.
Speaker 6: Like all the other ballplayers. I know, he sets he's a part, he's a he's a different kind of breta player.
Speaker 11: But most guys are concentrating on one side of the game and he's doing too much.
Speaker 6: And I agree with you, and I hope, I.
Speaker 2: Hope if you're not a Dodger fan, and I appreciate it, good call. If you're not a Dodger fan, what fan are you? Who's whose baseball team do you love?
Speaker 6: Well, Dave, I'm born and raised in San Francisco. I'm not even a Giants fan, but I lived in ten years. I lived ten years in Denver, so I am a Rockies fan. But regardless, I'm just standing up for your player here. I hate to see you lose a good player midseason, end of season, but they're He's.
Speaker 3: In great shape.
Speaker 2: He puts in a lot of work, He's in great shape. You know, injuries possible with any player, James, and when you're fatigued, yeah, there's a greater risk of that, but the Dodgers do a great job of monitoring all that. So I don't see him at any more of a risk for injury considering how much work he puts into his body and how much care he invests in his number one money maker, and that's his body, and other players should take, you know, notes on how he's able to do all this and seemingly not blink an eye. But like I said, Dave Roberts said in the pass And podcast after Game three that eighteen in an inning affair, Otani needed ivs and he also said will Smith needed ivs as well. Uh, to be able to play the next day and for Otani to pitch Game four of last year's World Series. Let's go out to San Diego. Charles, You're on Dodger Talk. How are you doing, Charles?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 8: Pretty good.
Speaker 12: We've been doing a lot better if you actually could score some runs. But I'm just calling the same Uh it was the last two callers. I agree with you one hundred about about the lineup. Uh, A lot of positives. You're gonna have Mookie bets, you know, in the lineup, Dalton Rushing and Freddie Freeman in the same lineup, and Alston will Smith.
Speaker 3: So that's a lot of power.
Speaker 12: Firepower you're getting Dalton rush more plenty time on top of it. So, and I actually agree with you with Mookie leading off on the days that he uh he tiny pitch it. I actually advocated for Guesst a couple of years back when Attorney first came to the Dodgers, but I got a lot of flak for keep me mentioned on social media.
Speaker 6: So but.
Speaker 3: All right, Charles, well, thank you for the phone call, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: And look, yeah, we all forget about Mookie Bets because he's been on the IL and the Dodgers started the year with him hitting third. Albeit he was off to a slow start, but it was only the first two weeks of the season. But when you ask me what's my solution to having Otani not hit on the nights that he's pitching, it's Mookie Bets leading off, and it's Freddie Freeman as the DH. Eight six six eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We have lines open if you want to weigh in, what would you do if Otani's not in the lineup when he pitches? Who would be your DH? Who's leading off? Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. When we continue live from Oracle Park, we'll take more of your phone calls. We'll give you a Blake Snell update. He was in San Jose tonight, and also you'll hear from the Bulldog oral her Scheizer shared some great memories of pitching against the Giants in their old ball park, Candlestick Park more Dodger Talk until the bottom of the hour live from San Francisco right here on AM five seventy LA Sports. Were the Giants shut out the Dodgers tonight three to nothing.
Speaker 1: On air at AM five to seventy, online at amfive seventy LA sports dot com, and available by podcast on the iHeartRadio app. This is Dodger Talk with David Bassam.
Speaker 2: David Basse live at Oracle Park in San Francisco, after the Giants shut out the Dodgers tonight by a final score of three to nothing, the first time the Dodgers have been shut out this season. Jack Dryer gave up a go ahead three run home run to the number nine hitter Patrick Bailey, and that was the swing that did the Dodgers in tonight three to nothing, especially with their offense being nonexistent again tonight. Only three Dodgers had a hit tonight. Freddy Freeman had two, Max Munsey and Miguel Rojas each had one hit. Only three Dodgers had a hit tonight, Max Munsey, Freddie Freeman, and Miguel Rojas.
Speaker 3: And the Dodgers are shut out tonight three to nothing.
Speaker 2: So just want to say thank you to Jack Harris from the California Post, who was downstairs with shoe Hey Otani, and he did ask Otani if he would be open to not being the DH the nights that he is starting, And here is what O'tani said. Quote, I'll always let the manager make the final decision, and I'm always going to be prepared that when I'm starting, I'm hitting. But if it makes sense as a team to occasionally put a guy in as a d or hit later in the lineup, is what he's saying. That's fine as well. I wouldn't want to say more side from that, all right? End quote that's from Show Hey Otani. Nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number Daniels Jewelers presents the home Run Forecast for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jewelers gift card. Visit AM five to seventy lasports dot Com, use the keyword home run and to your name and you could win. Daniels Jewelers Own the Dream. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number The Dodgers going to wrap up this seven game road trip tomorrow afternoon as they're going to face Logan Webb. They'll have Tyler Glass now on the mound as they look to salvage the final game of this series in San Francisco after losing the first two and splitting four in Denver. And don't discount that part of it. The Dodgers were in Denver in the mile high altitude for five days. A three game series will take a lot out of a team, but an older team, and the Dodgers, on average age are the.
Speaker 3: Oldest team in baseball.
Speaker 2: Five days and a four game series in Denver at Corsfield will take a lot out of you, not only during that series, but also the residual effects the following series. So just I'm not making an excuse, it's just the reality of things. It's something too that has played into all this as well. The Dodger bullpen has not pitched well on this road trip. Fourteen and a third innings, they have given up fourteen earned runs. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Blake Snell, who was here at Oracle Park yesterday, took a car down to San Jose earlier this afternoon to pitch for the Ontario Buzz Towers the Single A affiliate for the Dodgers, as they were taken on the Giant Single, a affiliate in San Jose, and Blake Snell went one plus innings tonight with one urn run, no strikeouts, one walk, and he threw thirty two pitches.
Speaker 3: I was watching. I went back to watch his start.
Speaker 2: There were a couple of errors behind him at first base and at third base that got his pitch count up, or he probably would have finished two innings at the very least. But because of those errors his first rehab start, thirty two pitches one plus innings was enough and his fastball was hitting ninety five ninety six. So that's a really good sign for his first rehab start. And I'm still a believer that he can come back sometime in mid May, and certainly the Dodgers could use him. Two time Cy Young Award winner, and he is itching to come back, and once he comes back, there's gonna be no looking back. He is going to dominate. And can you imagine a rotation the rest of the year with the way glass now and otanius pitching glass now. Otani Yamamoto, who's pitching outstanding, went seven innings yesterday, and then you add Blake Snell in, and you know, if you're gonna go with a six man rotation, you have to make a decision on Roki Sasaki. Is he going to stay in the rotation? Are they going to try to iron out some issues of strike throwing somewhere else? I think Roki Sasaki has until snell returns to prove that he could throw strikes and make the game move along because he has too many guys standing behind him for way too long because he can't throw strikes. Eight six, seven, two, five seventy is the phone number Dodgers shut out by the Giants tonight, three to nothing. A guy that knows a lot about this Dodgers Giants rivalry, oral Herscheizer, who is at the center of so many brewjajas between the Dodgers and Giants in the eighties, and here at Oracle Park, the Dodgers and Giants don't know how good they have it because at the old ballpark the Giants played at when they moved West Candlestick Park, it was ugly, especially at night. The wind, the coal, the trash on the warning track, it was nasty. And I asked oral Herscheizer, earlier today. What his memories were of pitching against the Giants in old Candlestick Park.
Speaker 13: Well, I loved Candlestick Park because I loved playing the wind. It was another element where you could win the game. And so if the wind was off my left cheek, there were other certain pitches that would do certain things. If it was off my right cheek, there were certain pitches that would do certain things. I would rather throw a hanging curveball and have Matt Williams hit it into the wind than to throw my best pitch ever low and away and now he hits it to right center where the wind was gusting out. I always followed the hot dog wrappers. I always talked to my infielders and outfielders about the wind, and I always looked at that place as a place that even though it was cold and it was rainy sometimes and it was you know, windy, those elements made it a next level for somebody who wanted to think and how to win the game, and those kind of elements that's amazing.
Speaker 2: I've never heard any pitcher say those things to their strata. As far as the wind coming on one side of your face to the other, that's just who oral herscheiser was, Well.
Speaker 13: If it's coming off my right cheek, it would accentuate my curveball and make the break bigger. And if it was coming off my right chick with my sinker, it would make it go more straight down. And it was coming off my left cheek, it would make my sinker flatter because it wouldn't have any wind to bite against. But it would also then make my curveball go more straight down, So it would change the pattern of the pitches. And in doing that, then you apply that to the hitter. Then you apply that to the wind direction in the outfield. And what field do I want them to hit it to the left side of the right side, and you've got a better chance of getting them out?
Speaker 2: All right, Here's the one question every Dodger fan wants to know. What was it like facing Will Clark? Was he a tough guy for you to face?
Speaker 6: He was?
Speaker 13: But that's where I loved using the wind. I mean, they were a tougher team to pitch to in Dodger Stadium because they had some great hitters that could spray the ball over the field. Like Will, he could pull the ball for power, he could go the opposite field of power. But when you're in candlestick and the winds blow, I forced him to hit it into the wind.
Speaker 2: Hey, great stories by Oral Herscheizer, and certainly knows what it's like to pitch in this rivalry when it was at the highest points in the seventies and eighties, coming off you know, the Jan Marischal, Don Drysdale, Johnny Roseboro days of the sixties. And look, I know they always show the replay of Juan Marischal hitting Johnny Roseboro over the head with a bat, and look, that was the boiling point, and that's when Dodgers and Giants really hated each other. They made such a big deal about Dalton rushing last night, saying, you know, F Kim, you know F jung Huli, Right, that was nothing compared to what we used to see back in the seventies and eighties. And Oral Herscheizer, Mike Marshall, Pedro Guerrero, all those guys were at the center of it. And you know it was it was way more hostile between these two teams than it is right now. And if you want to hear our full conversation with the bulldog Oral Hersheizer, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. Eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number Dodgers shut out by the Giants tonight, three to nothing. Let's go back out to the phones, Jose and al Monty. You're on Dodger Talk with David Vasse.
Speaker 3: How you doing?
Speaker 6: Hey, how's it going, sir?
Speaker 3: Where are you?
Speaker 14: Why?
Speaker 15: I'm in I'm in ups hurt, I'm a ups or I'm.
Speaker 1: Enrolling right now?
Speaker 3: Nice? Nice, I have a friend that's a that's a big time ups guy.
Speaker 10: Oh awesome.
Speaker 3: All right, So you're listening to Dodger Talk while you're loading up your truck.
Speaker 16: Yes, sir, he obvious, the game, everything, everything, anything for I can just to my Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what do you what you think about tonight? What do you think about Otani on the nights that.
Speaker 15: He pitches, Oh, Patty, when the night he pitches, I think he's arrest because I think he's doing too much. If he's not doing too much, that something in the game and him could talk about.
Speaker 16: And only he knows his body, he knows his limits. And his father did tell him before the seasion started, gave him a letter tell him, Hey, you're getting older father, time's gonna catch up.
Speaker 15: You think he still could do me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know about that open letter in a Japanese newspaper that his father wrote to him. He did say maybe time to start thinking about playing the outfield and not pitching.
Speaker 3: So good for you, Jose to know all about that as well.
Speaker 16: Oh, I know. I listened to every little detail of daughters Sir.
Speaker 2: All right, Jose, thank you for the phone call.
Speaker 3: You're juggling a lot of things out there. What can Brown do for you? Jose?
Speaker 2: Eight sixty six nine seven two five seven is the phone number. Dodgers shut out by the Giants tonight, three to nothing, and the offense just hasn't been there consistently on this road trip. Outside of Max Munsey, Miguel Rojas and Dalton Rushing, not much of anything from anybody else, including show Hey Otani even on the nights that he's not pitching. And with the Dodgers, they are just hitting a bucks seventy seven with runners in scoring position during the first six games of this road trip, nine for fifty one, while the Rockies and Giants have combined to hit three hundred against the Dodgers with runners in scoring position. Let's go out to Pasadena. David, you're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, David?
Speaker 11: I'm doing great.
Speaker 14: How are you, sir?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great.
Speaker 14: Good. I love listening to you. I've been a Dodger fan long time. I'm sixty nine years old, and I listen. I don't know if I could squeeze in two questions on two subjects, but the first one, I mean, we always talk, okay, we always talk about the Dodgers. This will prove I listened to you closely. I'd like to know how David Vassey candled the altitude in Denver because you talked about having to break open the oxygen canister in your hotel room and submitting your right.
Speaker 6: You had to submit your reimbursement built to the station.
Speaker 3: That's right. You do listen, You do listen. You are a loyal listener.
Speaker 2: I had to crack open that oxygen tank and I took three to five hits for three consecutive days. The altitude hit me and look. I talked to Max Munsey today, who was supposed to be our pregame guest, and he said he just wasn't feeling it. He said he was still feeling the after effects of the altitude, So it's not just when you're there, it's after you leave as well. There's a residual effect. And look, Monsey's thirty five. Freddy wasn't there the whole time, but ta Oscar Hernandez is thirty three. You know, I just think it hits skies differently, and being there for five days is a lot, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I did not do well with the altitude this time, but I'm not playing.
Speaker 14: Are you better now? Are you? Are you still feeling it?
Speaker 3: No, I'm feeling better. I'm feeling like myself today.
Speaker 14: Glad to have you back. Can I ask you? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 14: Can I ask you a pitching rotation question?
Speaker 1: Real quick?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes?
Speaker 14: So so look I don't have my calculator on me right now. That's a joke, but I mean obsessively. We have eight starters, I think seven or eight starters, but I mean smell Zilla coming back. I know he's your boy, that's great, love him. Two cy Young Awards.
Speaker 6: We all know who he is.
Speaker 14: So my question to you is, I know Sasaki is the wobbly one, but wouldn't another one have to go to to the bullten? I mean, isn't either Shehan or I'm I mean Robleski. He's earned it. I mean I would be stunned if they don't let Robeski stay there. I mean, the guy's phenomenal. So Sasaki wobbly. Then you got either she Han or help me. I don't write it down on paper. There's one more.
Speaker 3: No, you got it.
Speaker 2: It's either it's either either you take out Robleski or she Han or Sasaki when when Snell comes back, because they are sticking with a six man rotation, so one of those guys is the odd man out. And look, Robleski has pitched great, Shehn has been inconsistent, and Roki Sasaki has not been throwing strikes, and he just doesn't look good and he doesn't seem to have a lot of confidence. So you know, he may be the odd man out for the time being until he gets things on track.
Speaker 14: I mean Robuski has that bulldog look I got. I mean he has that oral herscheizer kind of like a track mode. Then going. I love it.
Speaker 2: He fills up the strike zone and his teammates consistently say that they love playing behind him because he works quick, he keeps them involved, and he throws strikes, and I feel like that's sometimes a message sent to Roki Sasaki and some of their other pictures that don't do it as well, because you don't want guys flat footed playing behind you while you got Roki trying to throw strikes.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Roki looks very uncertain to me, not that I'm any expert, but he just doesn't look comfortable in his own skin.
Speaker 2: If you will, yeah, well, on the mound, I would say, for sure. I think he's comfortable in his own skin, but not on the mound. Hey, David, thanks a lot for the phone call and thank you for being a loyal listener. And even Dave Roberts said before Sasaki's last start, when I asked him does he know what to expect?
Speaker 3: And he said, I don't. I don't know what to expect.
Speaker 2: So if the manager doesn't know what to expect, how are we supposed to expect a certain level of performance from from Roki? So when Snell comes back, I do believe the Dodgers will have to make a decision between Sheehan and Roki Sasaki. And look, Robleski is continuing to pitch well, and I don't see any reason to take him out of this six man rotation. Eight six six ninety seven two five seventy is the phone number. I don't know why I gave that phone number out because we are wrapping things up now.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow we will have Tyler Glass now on the mound.
Speaker 2: He's undefeated two and zero with an ERA of three twenty four, going up against Logan Webb, who's two and two with an ERA of five to ten. Some say Logan Webb has been the biggest victim of the automated strike zone because he usually got a lot of pitches on the buffer area, the buffer zone of the strike zone on the edges, and he's not.
Speaker 3: Getting those calls anymore.
Speaker 2: So we'll see what version of Logan web we get tomorrow against the Dodgers. Our coverage begins at eleven thirty with first pitch at twelve forty five Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. Rick Monday and Steven Nelson on the call tomorrow from San Francisco.
Speaker 3: Thanks to coling Ye.
Speaker 2: Back at our Burbank studios, Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Oracle Park in San Francisco, and thanks to you for listening in case you missed any of the show. You can find it on the iHeartRadio app once again. The final score tonight from San Francisco. The Giants hand the Dodgers their first shutout loss, free to nothing, Fox Sports Radios.
Speaker 3: Next, We'll talk to you tomorrow. See them