Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: That's the World Series, Flyinn Pro Life.
Speaker 3: We are back to back.
Speaker 2: First the Dodgers were.
Speaker 4: Back living out their dream.
Speaker 3: Then they were back to back.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers cement their dynasty. Now we love to go back till Back, Till back n Live from Dodger Stadium, hosted by your Dodger insider David Massey.
Speaker 4: This is Dodger Fest.
Speaker 2: We are live at Dodger Fest. Welcome the Dodger Talk Saturday Edition. Sabado Higante as they like to say. We are in the Dodger Bullpen from ten am to one o'clock. Thank you to our friends at Verizon. Thank you to our friends at Downey of Hyundai Hyundai Downy. This is the bullpen that Can Jensen made famous. Three hundred and fifty saves coming out of this bullpen for the Dodgers, still a franchise record. But in twenty twenty six, this is going to be the bullpen. Edwin Diaz comes out for Timmy trumpet playing and serenading him and a man that is going to be standing on the infield just in just looking up maybe second base maybe third base, maybe center field. I call him the glue of the Dodgers, and he is leading us off rightfully. So a proud new papa of a second child, the one and only Tommy Edmund. Tommy, great to see you, and you're no more scooter. You're actually standing on your own two feet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. Feels good, feels good to use this foot again.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: Excited to be back and chatting with you again. To the back to the season days.
Speaker 2: Man. When I was in Los Angeles, I brought my son to see Tommy Edmund. He was in awe of Tommy Edmund. But you were on a scooter and I was really nervous. You assured me that you'd be ready to go for spring training. Do you feel like you're still that confident?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right, Look at me, no more scooter. Yeah he was probably just staring at me with the scooter.
Speaker 4: Back then, but no. But yeah, no, I'm feeling good, feeling good.
Speaker 5: I just started baseball activities again, so, you know, feeling like I'm in a good spot going into spring.
Speaker 2: What is baseball activities? Taking ground balls, shagging fly balls? I mean for me, you know, I just want to go into the cage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it means I get to pick up a bat in the ball.
Speaker 5: So I just very very lightly started swaying and started throwing again this past week and then that'll just be ramping up as we get closer to spring, and you know, but I'm just really looking forward to being a baseball player again.
Speaker 2: That's gotta feel good, right Tommy, going back to taking care of this ankle. I know you've been playing, you know, through a lot of pain. Hopefully that pain's over with. That's got to feel good to know that, you know, there's only brighter pastures ahead of you and that ankle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the idea, is that that knocking it out with the surgery, that I won't have to think about this ankle as much anymore, and you know, just getting back to a hundred percent and doing all the things that I normally would be able to do on a baseball field.
Speaker 2: So I saw you before your wife gave birth to your second child. Congratulations, Thank you, appreciate it. What's the off season been like for you? Dealing with the ankle surgery and her almost ready to give birth while you're going and basically not able to really move around too much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fortunately the timing worked out well. I think if I was still on a scooter and and had to help her take care of the baby, it would have been a lot more difficult. But fortunately I'm a little bit more mobile now able to help out. But yeah, the baby's only baby. Ava is only a week old right now, so you know, still getting adjusted to the schedule and the rhythms of having a newborn. But it's been so much fun. It's been fun to have her and see my wife be a super mom. She's so tough, such a champ. And then having Eli be a big brother as well has been really cool and just a blessing to see our family continue to grow.
Speaker 2: Nothing like having a baby girl right As a dad, we always talk about having a son. Eli obviously is in the world, But what's it like to have a baby girl in your arms.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm going to be a pushover for sure. Yeah, I can already tell whatever she wants. I'm if she goes to Mom and asks for suddenly and she says no, I know she's gonna come right to me and I'll probably say yes. But but yeah, it's so much fun. I just can't wait to see her continue to grow up and you know, hopefully we can just be good parents.
Speaker 2: For no doubt, she's got a great mom and dad, and that's the foundation. My guy Tommy Edmond is joining us. He's leading off Dodger Fest for us. We're here until one o'clock right here on a have five seventy LA Sports. All Right, I haven't seen you since the Dodgers signed Edwin Diaz and Kyle Tucker. What message are the Dodgers sending to the rest of you as far as going for this three.
Speaker 4: Peete, Yeah, clearly, we're not satisfied.
Speaker 5: You know, we're going for as many World Series championships as we can. And you know, we're really attacked this offseason hard. You know, after winning two in a row. I feel like a lot of people kind of I thought, you know, maybe they'll be a little bit complacent this offseason, but you know, signed to two of the best free agents out there, so we're amped. We're really excited, really excited to meet those guys and and see how they become part of the clubhouse. You know, how they mess with the culture of the team. For everything I've heard, they're both awesome guys who are gonna fit in really well, so, you know, really looking forward to meeting the Mount in Arizona. Maybe before then, but yeah, it's gonna be great to have those two guys and such talented players too, So it's gonna be a lot of fun to have those guys.
Speaker 2: Dave Roberts does such a great job of keeping you fresh and understanding the big picture as you're coming back from this right ankle surgery. Where do you start? Do you start at second base? Do you start to long uh long toss to get your arm ready for center field? What's the process for you as you get ready for this season?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean to be honest, it kind of just feels like at this point it's more of like a traditional offseason, like almost like that that phase of baseball is starting out now just a little bit later than it normally would. So you know, I'm just getting back into my swings like I would in a normal offseason, you know, starting with tea and then flips and then saying with the throwing progression as well, and then just continuing to stay on top of my ankle and building back up to the U to getting back to full sprints and acceleration and everything like that. So that's kind of what I'll be working on as we get out to Arizona and start the workouts. You know, I probably won't be hopping in with like the live abs with everybody right away, but you know, I'll just be building back up to that.
Speaker 2: All right, Tommy, before I let you go, Since you've had a lot of time at home rehabbing that right ankle, watching go over your pregnant wife, have you watched any full games, maybe a full Game seven of the World Series, or have you watched key plays in the ninth inning maybe earlier? You know Pa has running into keyk Have you been able to look back at those Do you even want to? I don't understand how a guy that was so involved, how do you handle all that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 5: It is very weird to I think the first time I watched it again, it.
Speaker 4: Was crazy to relive all of those plays.
Speaker 5: And because when you're in the moment, you're not really thinking too much about you know, the scope of each individual play. But you go back and watch it and you see the crowd's reaction, you see the reaction of everybody on the field, and you think, Wow, I was in that. I was part of that moment, and you realize how big of a moment it was, so watching it. Watching that first time was pretty crazy, and then we've watched it numerous times after because that's one of Eli's favorite things to do is to watch baseball games, and unfortunately in the off season there's no baseball to be played, so we go back and rewatch those games. So I think he's probably rewatched Game seven, maybe you.
Speaker 4: Know, ten or eleven times. But you know, it's fun, it's awesome.
Speaker 5: It's really cool to have my son already be in baseball at two years old, so he's he's looking forward to season as well.
Speaker 2: So you were in Monterey Park meeting in greeting fans. That was an experience. I'm sure maybe I'll ask get this way. You're probably one of the few Dodgers that got to touch hands with the fans after winning back to back championships. Did that make you realize how much it meant to so many people and their families. Yeah, you realize how much it means to a lot of people here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think that's what makes those events so cool is you actually get to interact with the people that you see every day. You know, you see him in the stands and you know they're there and you know they have the support, but you never really get to have those direct interactions. So you know, having those moments where you get to meet the fans in person and really get a grasp of you know, how much winning that championship meant to them. So you know, it's really cool to have that, and that's what makes events like this FanFest really cool as well.
Speaker 2: Hey, the only thing Tommy Edmond has done since he was acquired by the Dodgers is went back to back World Series Championships. What a start to your Dodger career. Look forward to a three peet run here and just being around you guys, because I respect the process and the grind that you guys put in. It just doesn't happen. And so congratulations on a back to back World Series Championships. Congratulations on baby Ava, and look forward to seeing you out there in Arizona. If you need me to assist in the rehab, let me know.
Speaker 4: We might need some babysitting help as well, so I'll make sure to hit you up.
Speaker 2: All right, great, I'll find somebody for you. All right, there's my guy, Tommy Edman. Thank you, Tommy. I'll take the microphone away. You know you don't. You don't let me hold your baseball bats. You know, I don't let a lot of people hold the microphone.
Speaker 4: That's true. Hopefully I didn't didn't mess it up anyway.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I trust you.
Speaker 3: All right? Right?
Speaker 4: Cool, great to see.
Speaker 2: You there, He goes, Oh, hey, they want us to take a picture. We're gonna do this live on the radio, a photo with my guy, Tommy Edmund. All right, there we go one more, one more. People want to see this beautiful face. A skinny fat guy with a really small surfer dude from La Jolla.
Speaker 7: I wish.
Speaker 5: That's the retirement days. I'll be working on my surfing then, but for now I can't.
Speaker 2: Surf smart move, don't do worm either.
Speaker 4: I don't want to get eaten by a shark me either.
Speaker 2: I never go into the ocean because of that.
Speaker 4: Really scared of sharks.
Speaker 5: Yes, you know, actually most sharks are not aggressive, Like, they don't really tack humans that often.
Speaker 2: All right, but they want to nibble and taste you a little bit.
Speaker 4: Uh sorry if you lose a toe or two, but an armor.
Speaker 2: I'm skinny, fat there's a lot of flesh to chew on.
Speaker 4: Ye I don't know, but you're in great shape, Dave.
Speaker 2: Thanks Tommy edmund Man guy pumps me up right there. Hey, we got a big show coming for you from ten am to one o'clock right here on Dodger Fest. I got my handy run down. Here we are standing for all three hours. This is a stand up show. There are no seats here. The endurance of David va say and these quads are really going to be tested during these three hours here inside the Dodger Bullpen at Dodger Fest. I went from the stage to being caged up in a bullpen. But you know what I feel at home because this is the house that Kenley Jansen built. Coming up in our neck segment, Bank Casparius and Jack Dryer are going to join us, and also another Dodger reliever fitting being in the Dodger bullpen, Anthony Bonda and Alex Call are gonna join us as well. Coming up in our eleven o'clock hour, Brock Stewart, Blake Snell, Dave Roberts, and in our final hour get Ready Mookie Betts, Freddie Freeman and the four time MVP Showtime show. Hey Otani will join us as well, So we got a lot, We got all the guys. Miguel Rojas is gonna stop by. We didn't hear enough from him yesterday, so we're gonna hear more from Miguel Rojas today, Ding Dong Dodger Fest. Right here on a five seventy LA sports Like.
Speaker 6: Why don't you just let your hair flow a little bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's flowing. It's flowing like a river. River Ryan is joining us. We are live at Dodger Fest, standing in the Dodger bullpen where Edwin Diaz will be coming out to Timmy trumpet, a bullpen that watched Kennelly Janssen record three hundred and fifty career Your Saves all Time Dodger Franchise Saves Leader. And right now we're joined by the guy I'm picking to be this year's Emmitt Shean, and everybody's jumped on the bandwagon and here he is, River, Ryan. You look great.
Speaker 7: River.
Speaker 2: We did a phone interview during the offseason. Now I get to see you in living flesh. Absolutely, are you as oppressed to see me? Who's in better shape for this season?
Speaker 7: You are me?
Speaker 2: I don't know you tell me, I'd say you okay, we'll keep it at that. I was telling him that no, I sawid. Sorry, you don't have to we know, we know. Hey, how excited are you for this season? I know it's a long road, the rehab road, but now you are a fully functional starter again.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's awesome.
Speaker 8: Honestly, you know, put a lot of time in and the rehab process and getting back to where I am now. I'm just excited to really participate in a major league camp. I mean, this will be my third third year in big league camp. In the last two I wasn't able to participate at a shoulder issue, and I believe it was twenty four yep, twenty four and then twenty five Tommy John So this.
Speaker 6: Will be the first year I'm able to participate.
Speaker 2: And I totally remember you having a very unstable locker. It was one of those makeshift lockers by the front door. I feel like you're gonna have a real locker this year. That's nice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, that's me nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's step one. Yep, definitely there. You got to have a real locker. Yeah, absolutely, what I know We've talked about this earlier this offseason. About just coming back from it becoming a better pitcher. The guy that was really singing your praises I spoke to again earlier today was Kyle Hurt. You guys spend a lot of time together for him to see you be able to go from being right out of surgery to see what he saw in September. When you have your teammate's confidence, does that give you confidence?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Absolutely, it's super encouraging, you know when especially like going to the whole rehab process with Kyle and kind of being neck and neck there as far as like how far apart we were in our you know, post ops and just being able to just bounce a lot of things off each other through the entire process has been super encouraging. But yeah, really kind of words from Kyle then, you know, and again it's super super encouraging to me to hear those things.
Speaker 2: When you see the roapemap for a guy that went through something similar as you did in Mit Sheen and the way the Dodgers uh slow slowly allowed him to get his feet underneath him and bring him in the second half of the season, does that give you a vision, a roadmap of what it could be like for you as far as their patience with you, and maybe the second half you're you're emerging as this year's version of m it shean.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean, honestly, I really don't know what what the plan is as far as I mean, the only thing that I've really been focused on is getting ready for camp. I mean, I've said earlier today that we kind of came to the consensus of, you know, after after Arizona and my my last live outing, it'll either jump straight into that into the postseason or go home and have a normal offseason, be ready to for spring training. And I mean, I'm I'm focused on making the team out of camp and just being being being a guy for him. That's that's been my goal, and that's that's what I'm looking Are.
Speaker 2: We expecting the lettuce to grow longer or is this the length for the season.
Speaker 7: We'll see.
Speaker 8: I mean, I've had a lot of talks with my wife about it. I Mean, the whole thing was I was going to cut it before my next outing, but I don't know. I'm getting I'm getting some compliments on it, and it's it's still hanging around, So.
Speaker 2: I'll see what happens new chapter in your career. So I like this new version of you, you know, just the the appearance. You have a great vibe about yourself. Frank sure, thank yeah, all right, well, great to see you. I'm not going to put you on the spot. Got seven pitches now, you told me you're not You're not disclosing what they are, So can you at least give me a hint? Maybe second third spring start? Am I going to see it? When? Should we expect to to really lock into what you got in your back pocket this year?
Speaker 8: I'm not going to divulge what it is, but I'm sure I'm sure you'll see what it is relatively early on in spring trainings.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, we'll leave it right there. Great to see you. I'm great to see that smile on your face. You persevered, you kept the faith, and you're ready to go this year.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thanks River, appreciate it. Hey, we're gonna do a live photo. They want photos for social media. Is that okay with you?
Speaker 10: Perfect?
Speaker 2: Am I allowed to?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Touch you right there now on your shoulder. Yeah, there we go. See some guys just they want, you know, have some separation when they take a photo. River Ryan's a guy that trusts me. Seventy seven. Get ready, Thanks.
Speaker 3: River, Let's go.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 7: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: There it goes River Ryan. Two appearances on Dodger Talk this offseason. Everybody is on the train. Now, Oh boy, here we go. All right, my two favorite guys double barreled in the bullpen last year and now in twenty twenty six at Dodger FanFest. That's the right hander Ben Casparious and the left hand Jack Dryer. That's right. Here we go, vass a sandwich between the double barreled right he's and lefties. I'll share my mic with Jack. Ben. Don't worry about first. Say hello to the world.
Speaker 6: Hello everyone, Hello, everybody.
Speaker 2: I'm multi media today. We are live on AM five seventy LA Sports and the iHeart Radio app and where people are going to see this interview later on AM five seventy LA Sports social media.
Speaker 7: Well you're looking great, you do look great?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, all right, Hey, endorsements, I believe everybody's lying to me right now.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. It's I'm going to put some money on it. Travis Matthew, No, really.
Speaker 2: Yes it is. I mean, yes, is Travis Mathey, Yes, of course it is. How dare you going to say we can't be switching it up? No, No, it's Travis matthew Hey. Without these two guys last year, the Dodgers don't even make the playoffs. In my opinion, If you remember, these two young guys right here contributed mightily from start to When you both look back at your season, how proud are both of you of what you were able to do to help the team get to the finish line. I'll start with bank Asparius and his beard.
Speaker 6: It was special.
Speaker 1: I think just the different roles that we took on. Obviously, being healthy and sustainable throughout a season is important too, and that's something to you know, be proud of, But just to be able to fill some gaps, throw in different situations, help the team when when we needed to, it goes a long way, and that's what I'm most proud of for sure.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean for me, you know, having this be of the year that I debuted, and you know, getting to learn everything from so many future Hall of famers, especially twenty two, it was just an unbelievable experience. But then to see what, you know, our starters did in the playoffs, you know, whatever role they took on coming out of the pen, ya'ma being crazy and winning three out of the four World Series games like that. That's the kind of culture that you want to have within a team and the kind of like die hard, do whatever it takes to win, And so it was.
Speaker 4: It was cool to see and to be a part of that.
Speaker 2: Ben, Where's Jack gonna live? I mean, Kershaw took him in for two weeks last year, gave him a taste of the good life by the beach. Where's Jack Dryer gonna live this year?
Speaker 6: It's a good that's a good question. That's a good question.
Speaker 2: Are you taking him in?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I would have to, I would, he would. It would be a package deal with his.
Speaker 2: Wife too, So I forgot. You're married.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 11: My wife and I are looking at places right now, but I don't know if it can withstand what what I experienced with Kershaw.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Is this Dryer's first interview since being married?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 6: Wow, that's your answer.
Speaker 2: I did you get the invite to the wedding? I didn't.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they've gotten sent out yet. I would I would, I would don't.
Speaker 11: I don't think anybody got them because we did it alone.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, I like that. That's like the twenty twenty sixth style of getting married. Trust me, I I agree with that. You're just throwing a party for a bunch of mooches that want to have an open bar. You could spare.
Speaker 4: No, I wouldn't say that. I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 2: Hey, since we are standing in your home away from home, the Dodger Bullpen, standing here, what are some of the memories you have of last year?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 11: I mean, getting getting to watch some of the special moments, you know, clinching the the CS and the DS, probably Kershaw's three thousand strikeout, you know, all different kinds of experiences. To get to see from this vantage point is really special.
Speaker 1: I think my favorite part about the bullpen in general is seeing guys from our seats over there get to warm up and then the actual moment like throw the rosin bag down, put a ball down, and watch them just run out onto the field and hear everybody starts screaming. I think that's the coolest part. I actually just got goosebumps. But it's just cool, Like the different moments guys go into saving opportunities, playoff opportunities.
Speaker 6: I always think that's pretty cool. I always remember.
Speaker 2: That Robleski said he couldn't remember who one the bullpen game of picking home runs? Can you let us know who won that game last year? That contest?
Speaker 11: I don't know for sure, but with with Jonathan erb calling a shot and catching the ball, that definitely put him ahead.
Speaker 4: So I I think that he ended up being the winner.
Speaker 2: That's your bullpen trainer, ye right.
Speaker 6: I think he. I think he took it home this year.
Speaker 2: Yea. Does that count very much?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's one of your dogs, right, the trainer is one of your dogs.
Speaker 6: He's the best.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jack Dreyer's got a baseball card now, that means he's arrived, right, Ben.
Speaker 6: Absolutely absolutely, I had I had him sign one for me yesterday.
Speaker 2: Actually nice which one the Allen and ginter or just the regular?
Speaker 6: It was a Bowman Chrome.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was pretty cool. It feels like baseball players are really getting into collecting baseball cards. Is that a fair evaluation of what's what's trending now?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I think it's a hobby that's definitely coming back, you know, to be able to collect car for guys that you play with or against is pretty fun, and you know it's it's just something that you can do in the clubhouse to kill time to connect with guys.
Speaker 2: So it's great, Caspira seems too cool to even dabble with dungeons and dragons or roadblocks or baseball carve Pokemon. That seems beneath you. Yeah, that seems beneath you. That would ruin your street crew.
Speaker 6: I don't want to say it's beneath me. I just don't know anything.
Speaker 2: Okay out it. Yeah, so I'm with you.
Speaker 11: Maybe I was too cool, but I think it's a slippery slope once you start with baseball, it's it doesn't take much.
Speaker 6: I think it's gonna trickle down.
Speaker 1: So so you know, game eighty or so, when you see me opening up Pokemon cards, we can come back to this.
Speaker 4: Commers.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 2: Hey, great to see both of you. I will not let anybody forget what you meant to the twenty twenty five Dodgers and how much you guys are going to mean to the twenty six Dodgers. So keep the spirit of Kershaw alive this year.
Speaker 6: Absolutely right, thank you? Absolutely Yeah, it's good to see you. Good to see you too.
Speaker 2: Can we take a photo once I send this to break? All right, we got more Dodger fest coming for you until one o'clock. Right here on A five seventy LA Sports. Don't go anywhere. It is Sabato hit Gante from the Dodger bullpen right here on AM five seventy LA Sports. We are live inside the Dodger bullpen. Timmy Trumpet nowhere to be found yet. He will be around though all season long because the Dodgers will be giving Edwin Diaz many save opportunities. And we're joined right now by a man that joined the Dodgers at the trade deadline last year went on to be part a big part of the Dodgers winning the World Series in twenty twenty five. That's the one and only Alex Call. Hey, great to see you, and happy new year. It's official.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thanks Davis. Yeah, ready for another year. But have been soaking in all the joys.
Speaker 7: Of last year.
Speaker 2: I remember the first day that you joined the Dodgers. It was sweltering and Tampa, Florida. That was Could you have ever envisioned the season and the way it went for you and the team after you joined them kind.
Speaker 9: Of actually, I mean when you told you get traded the Dodgers, you're like, well, the Dodgers are the best team ever. I mean, that's the best team I've ever seen assembled on paper.
Speaker 7: And to be going to that team.
Speaker 9: And having a chance to play in the World Series, it was just like, Oh, my gosh, my dreams, my childhood dreams are gonna come true. And obviously there's a lot of work that goes in. When I got to when I got to Tampa Bay for the first time and we were melting in the heat, I was like, you know, okay, wow, things are Actually we're actually kind of in a kind of a tougher stretch right now. But I feel like the confidence was there from every guy, every staff member, like we're gonna turn it on.
Speaker 7: We're gonna we.
Speaker 9: Know, we can't just flip a switch or we're gonna play some good baseball and it's just a matter of time before we get everybody healthy, everybody rolling, and we'll be the Dodgers that everybody expected. And you know, it's and then it ended up turning out and there wasn't always always wasn't always perfect, but we made it happen in.
Speaker 2: The end, there had to be some intrigue on just how they do things here to be as good as they dan for so long. What did you learn about the process behind the scenes, on how this team has so much talent but also finds a way to stay focused in any situation.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, I think it's a tribute to all the guys and just the organization, how they go about really caring about winning, you know, pouring back investing into the team and not just players, but in personnel and.
Speaker 7: Technology.
Speaker 9: Yeah, technology, every everything, advanced scouting, advanced data, whatever, whatever can turn the notch up just a little bit more is what they're.
Speaker 7: Willing to do. And that's what it takes to win.
Speaker 9: And I think that it's really special to be a part of it because I love taking advantage of that staff. Like you want to give me, I will try to. I don't want to leave any stone unturned when it comes to Alex call I want to get the best version of Alex call out every single day, every single opportunity that I have. That's always been mindset, my mindset, and so then coming to a place where they want to get the absolute best, the best, the top notch out of every single player. Well, then I can take that and partner with them and becoming the best version of myself. And I'm really excited for this year.
Speaker 2: What's it like for you to have a full spring training with this team, coming back as a world champion, and just being a little bit more comfortable in your environment.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think I'm super excited and I'm ready to go. It'll be you know, you know, feel it out a little bit how the Dodgers do spring training versus how you know the Nationals did or whatever.
Speaker 7: But it'll be great. We'll be getting ready for the year.
Speaker 9: It'll be super focused on just making sure our bodies are ready, our bodies are right and our minds are in the right spot, getting ready for a one sixty two grind. And so, yeah, I couldn't be more excited for spring training. It's right around the corner and I feel great and ready to.
Speaker 2: Go before I let you go, You're a great guy to ask this question too, because everybody has a story, everybody has their thoughts being an outfielder, knowing how to play all three outfield positions. When we watch that play where Andy pa has collides with Keik Hernandez when you watch it, when you were watching it live, can you take us through what you felt in the moment and just how tough and how lucky in some ways the Dodgers did not lose the World Series on that play.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean you have to look at it from two angles, you know, Key K and Andy.
Speaker 7: You know, with Kei K, he was.
Speaker 9: Playing shallo and his initial read was kind of more like sideways, not necessarily back. So he had his back turn and he was grinding to go get the ball. And when you're in that position as an outfielder, it's not a comfy one. It's not one of confidence. Like I think he would have been to catch the ball if and he wasn't there. But when you're catching the ball over your shoulder, that's not a guarantee. You know, that's one of the hot, the lowest percentage ones.
Speaker 7: I would say.
Speaker 9: But then from Andy's perspective, he's just going to get the ball.
Speaker 7: He's going to get the ball.
Speaker 9: And at the last second, you know, as the center fielder, you're the captain, you're the guy.
Speaker 7: If I can get this ball, I'm gonna catch it.
Speaker 9: So that was what his mindset was, and he went up and he got the ball at all costs, at all means necessary, dunking on key K. You know, a picture for a lifetime, but so cool. And me I was just like, oh my gosh, because I thought it was it was Keyk's ball that he was going to get, and I saw his back turning and I was thinking, oh no, that's that's not a high percentage, and he's scrambling at it and then all of a sudden, here comes Andy and he catches it, and uh, you know, it was just it was surreal and then it's like just complete joy, bliss and relief because it didn't look good initially.
Speaker 2: From your vantage point. Did you think Pa has caught it? Did you believe key K or Pa has caught it? What were you thinking?
Speaker 9: I mean, my mind was going a million miles an hour, so I don't really know what I was thinking. I was just trying to find the ball. And then when Andy was just like confident had the ball, and it was just like, oh, yes, you know, that's really what I was feeling. I just, you know, a fan like anybody else who it's like, man, I was feeling that My heart was beating and huge relief when he caught the ball.
Speaker 7: And go to the next inning.
Speaker 2: Love it. Hey, I needed your expertise on that. You're one of the highest baseball like you guys, I know, appreciate it. Everybody has a story.
Speaker 7: Right, oh man, everybody does.
Speaker 9: Everybody's got a vantage point and uh happy to share it.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot for stopping. You look great. Congratulations on your baby girl's birth. Mom and daughter are healthy.
Speaker 7: Happy, Yep, we're happy. Family of four.
Speaker 2: Now, that's beautiful. Can't wait to see a camel Back ranch. Your first full spring training in camel Back Ranch with the Dodgers, World champion Dodgers.
Speaker 7: That's right, World champion Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Thanks Dave, Thanks for stopping. Appreciate it. There he is the man. Alex Call. They want a photo of us, Alex Call. We're gonna do this live on the radio. Baby, Yeah, here we go. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Geez cheezy.
Speaker 2: I haven't said cheese in a while. That's a dad right there. That's a dad that says cheez right there. That's a true dad. Oh man, that's great. Alex Call. Looking great. It's gonna get a lot of opportunities during spring training with the World Baseball Classic. He certainly is a guy that's comfortable coming off the bench and whatever role the Dodgers need for him, he is going to be ready. You need guys like that that are comfortable starting every game or being a regular. You need those type of guys. Not everybody is going to start on this team. You're going to have to embrace the role that you have. And for the Dodgers, they've got guys like Miguel Rojas who certainly embraced his role or he wouldn't have been ready to come off the bench in Game six. You got Alex Call, you got Paez. You're gonna have guys like that that are really going to need to embrace coming off the bench, pinch hitting spots, starting double switching into the game in the middle of the game. I know the starting lineup gets a lot of attention, and rightfully so, but it's gonna take all these guys for the Dodgers to get through this season. And I feel like everybody realizes that it's a long year and you're gonna need all forty guys. I thought, that's what makes twenty twenty five so special is during the World Series run, the playoff run, you think back to you know, even the Wildcard series. Yamamoto was the staple of the entire October run for the Dodgers, but Blake Snell. Without him, the Dodgers are not even in the World Series. With the way he and Yamamoto pitched in the first three rounds of the postseason against the Reds, against the Phillies, and against the Brewers. Obviously, Yamamoto was the star among stars in the postseason run for the Dodgers in October, but Teoscar Hernandez. He had a huge home run in Game one the Nlds in Philly. Ta Oscar Hernandez was the Dodgers offense against the Phillies the Brewers. Otani was ignited in Game four of the World Series, where he obviously hit three home runs and struck out ten, one of the greatest postseason performances ever by a major league player. So if you look at it and then you look at the World Series, Justin Dean, Justin Dean was not even a thought at this point in time. He wasn't even on anybody's radar at this stage of Dodger Fest. And he's used as a defensive replacement because Tommy Edmunds right ankle was busted and Dave Roberts needed some speed out there. By the way, justin Dean, he was going to be playing in the Mexican League before the Dodgers called his agent and said, hey, what do you want to come to camp with us, about two weeks before spring training, and then he makes such a big play, was such a vital role. Miguel Rojas, who did not play the first five games of the World Series, was ready to go. You know, it's hard to do Dodger talk when you have such a great presence in the bullpen with you, a man that's been an inspiration to me in my career, the great Lon Rosen thirty years ago. Yesterday, Magic Johnson came back to play for the Lakers, and Lon Rosen, I'm sure had a front row seat to all that. But maybe Lawn wants to come on the show really endorse me publicly. He doesn't like to be seen with me in public, so I guess not. Yeah, he's just waving from afar there he goes, great man doesn't like anybody saying that. But great Man Jim Hill's in the house here, So we got Dodger talk for you. Until one o'clock. Want to say thank you to my good friend Sam at Downy Hunday. Had a great time to visit with him over this past week and they are a proud sponsor of Dodger Fest. Can't wait to be down there. It is a party, by the way, when you go down to Downy Hundai, it is a big time party. They got TVs. If you want to buy a car, go watch a Dodger game. They got TVs in the trunk in the showroom. That's the type of guys that they are at Downy Hunday. And they got spotlights. We're gonna be doing some things. Sam's a great guy too. Love that guy. Also, want to say thank you to I guess Adrian Gonzalez. I got word that Adrian Gonzalez has sent burritos to the clubhouse to feed the people. He owns a pizza place and a burrito place in Los Angeles. So thank you to Adrian Gonzalez. Maybe somebody wants to bring me one of those burritos. You know, you never know. Adrian, by the way, was the guy that started the taco truck at spring training. It was Adrian Gonzalez that started the tradition of buying taco's a specific day during spring training. And also, you know, I think it's become a more of an everyday thing after Adrian moved on from the Dodgers, then Justin Turner picked it up and got it going. So it's a it's a it's a great uh. It's a great tradition that was started by Adrian Gonzalez, who, if you remember, was the trade that signal this Dodger ownership was serious about turning the fortunes of this franchise, and they have taken it to a big time level. Here he is in his home away from home. I feel like I'm a guest in his house because he has done so many great things. This is where he really rams up. He is a fan favorite and am five seventy LA sports hero. We are live and vivo, as they like to say, it is Sabato hit Gante with Anthony Bunda Banda. That's for me, Bunda, thank you for thank you for stopping by. Hey, it's okay, it's okay, we we can. How are you great to see you?
Speaker 3: Great to see you.
Speaker 2: I'm in your house. This is your house, the Dodger Bullpen. What's it like to have all these people in your house. You got other media people here.
Speaker 12: I wouldn't say this is my house, but it's great to have you guys here. I hope you guys are enjoying the scenery. Yeah, and uh, this.
Speaker 3: Is yeah, this is where we get all the work done.
Speaker 2: When you step in here in this setting. What are some of the memories that you have of last year being with your brothers in the bullpen?
Speaker 12: Uh, watching Investia, going to a game, watching Blake, going to a game like the playoffs?
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 2: How good were you at picking home runs last year?
Speaker 3: Not great? I think I only had like two.
Speaker 7: Who won that?
Speaker 2: By the way, somebody I don't know Asparius and Jack Dryer said it was your trainer, Jonathan RB.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, because it was a home run that he caught that he actually called in Miami, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, So you gotta forget her.
Speaker 3: No, he's not.
Speaker 2: I think about him. I think about it every single other week.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 12: He checks in a lot with me. So you know, I love those guys. They take care of me, the organization, everything about it is just I love it.
Speaker 13: So but.
Speaker 12: I'm trying to think of the best memory of twenty twenty five in the bullpen. I mean, I guess I would have to go with the home run call oh tiny home run in Miami. So I think that was the best one, just because, like we were talking about the scenario of what could potentially happen in the sense of Barto, the bullpen coach is sitting at the end of John, who called him J Bone, was sitting in in the middle. I was sitting next to him, and they we're talking about the scenario of like, Okay, what if he hits it and he misses it, it hits him in the face.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 12: We're talking about that the ball gets hit, it's coming to us, and like the amount of like freaking out was hysterical. And then him catching it was just like the cherry on top. So like it was, Yeah, that was funny. That was a good that was a good memory.
Speaker 2: Did you know he had a press conference the day after.
Speaker 3: I heard I heard about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard about it, and uh, it was good.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 12: I love that, you know, things happened like that, so you know, you can just have people interact and with the media and like kind of get a sense of what we kind of go through.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it was cool.
Speaker 12: It was it was cool. I heard about it. He said he had a great time. It was funny. He said he was really nervous. Oh, but it comes with the territory.
Speaker 2: I guess how has Anthony bonda'zof season been. Is it similar to the first off season after winning your first World Series or yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I would say I took a little bit more time to.
Speaker 3: Give my arm or break. I.
Speaker 2: Uh, that's a good thing. You threw a lot.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, you know, I think I took a little longer break than usual.
Speaker 3: But as far as everything else, kind of the same. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, take any trips where you just hanging out.
Speaker 3: No, no, just hanging out.
Speaker 12: I went to Sexast see my family on my brother's birthday and then yeah, I was just kind of hanging out in Arizona.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 12: I got my son's birthday in December, Christmas New Year, So it was all like just like it was.
Speaker 3: Party at the party, at the party, at the party.
Speaker 12: I love it in the sense of like family party thirteen like you know, say type parties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to be at that party, weirdo. Man, Hey, it's a great time. You got to live my electric life.
Speaker 3: Nah, people, nap, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hey, how excited are you to have Edwin di as part of your bullpen and also be able to be here when the lights go down and Timmy Trumpett starts playing.
Speaker 12: No, it's gonna be fun. It's something I've experienced. I played with Edwin with the Mets, just very briefly. Super nice guy who's super nice and super respectful towards me and I and those are the type of things that I always remember with people. So it was something where it was like, yeah, yeah, you know, he's excited obviously to get them our bullpen gets better, teams is better. But then also it's like, you know, I know what kind of guy in the sense of what I've met, and I know what value he's going to bring to our bullpen and you know, just genuine human being, you know, and obviously the baseball stuff speaks for itself. But but so yeah, I'm excited to get to know him really well.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to grow a relationship.
Speaker 12: With him and you know, finally watch him, you know, close out games for us and help us win ball games.
Speaker 2: Banda, you've had a few stomps in your major league career, but you're a back to back World Series champion. You were a big part of this back to back run going for three p Do you feel like you've planted some roots here with the Dodgers in Los Angeles?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I mean I felt that way after the first season. But you know, my things is always enjoy you know where my feet are, and you know, make an impact in the way you can, and you know, just keep enjoying the days, enjoying the people around you that helped you get to this point. And you know, just be a good teammate, be a good you know, friend, family friend, whatever it is. You know, just be a good dude. And the baseball stuff's secondary to that, you know. So I think, you know, honestly, it's like, yes, did I grow some roots here?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 12: I just hope I made an impact that people are going to remember me bias as far as like whether it was you know, doing charity work, or whether it was going out in the community or just saying hi, how are you? Stuff like that. You know, that's kind of what I lay my hat on, you know, because you never know, you never know, every day is different.
Speaker 2: You always have to stay humble and hungry, and I feel like that's something that you live every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm hungry and I didn't eat breakfast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's some burritos courtesy of Adrian Gonzalez in the clubhouse.
Speaker 12: Yeahs Thress, Yeah you like that.
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 2: You know what it is today, sabatoh Gante, Hey, let's go multiculture.
Speaker 3: Let's go get it.
Speaker 2: Let's go get it. Let's go get it. Banda, how much did you miss me during the off season. I know you've had a void in your life up until this moment. I'll be there February thirteen. Should should I ease into your into the clubhouse or should I dive right in.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be honest. I didn't think about you one time.
Speaker 2: Who did you miss the most? Which teammate did you miss the most seeing every day? Uh?
Speaker 12: Well, a lot of them, mostly all of them, really, I don't I love seeing my teammates every day.
Speaker 3: The one that was heavy on my mind and.
Speaker 12: Everything, obviously with a lot of people, and what he what he went through finally went to a Bessie. He was something that I was I was really really like kind of heavy on. But yeah, I guess you would you would say best best, And you know Evan Phillips, you know, even some of the rookies, Jack Robo, Cassby, you know, guys that have just been around, you know, made an impact on me personally. But then also you know, take they took care of their business and did it the right way. So those are the guys that kind of like stick out to me that I you know, and then I'll reach out if I'm thinking about them or whatever, I'll reach out, Like I called Cassie the other day and reached out to him just to talk shit and whatever and yeah, you know, see how he's doing.
Speaker 3: And that was about it.
Speaker 12: But yeah, you know, it's just kind of you know, it's kind of everyone really, not just one person.
Speaker 10: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it. You embraced everybody I do. Yeah, I can't wait to see Bessie. I think you spoke for all of us. Yeah, we're we're gonna put la put their arms around him, and I can't wait to see him in uh in Arizona.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I love that guy. He's a great guy. I love that.
Speaker 2: Like Anthony Bonda, two lefties, two of my favorite lefties.
Speaker 3: Completely polar opposites.
Speaker 2: I know, not every left he's the same. Not every left he's the same. I don't think it goes that way. I think not every human being is the same. But okay, all right, some people say lefties are different. All I gotta go once coming, Okay, see you later. Thanks for stopping nice. I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: See you guys. Give me a hug.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, I'll give you a hug. Bonda feel that vast Say do you want to take a picture? They wants to take a picture. Yeah, I'll take a picture by myself. All right, sounds good. You want selfie by yourself? That's great. Anthony Bonda can't fight that feeling. He can't fight that feeling. Great guy. We've had a lot of deep talks. He's helped me. He's like my life coach.
Speaker 3: Stop talking when I'm trying to.
Speaker 2: There it goes Anthony Bonda. He has been our guest. And maybe a quick stopover right now before we take a break. At the top of the hour. Here's a guy. I don't recognize this guy. Look at this guy, best shape of his life, new guy, a new Bazuka Bazuka. Welcome to Dodger Talk. Thank you for stopping by. Gate to see you. Yeah, hey you got an applause from somebody. Yes, bring that microphone up so it'll be in all good. Thank god, thank you for this opportunity. Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing the Bazuka on the mound again.
Speaker 13: I mean that's a goal with this year. I mean, try to hold the tea and stay healthy and ready to go.
Speaker 2: What's it been like for you getting ready to come back and making sure you're one hundred percent.
Speaker 10: He is, that's a big goal right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you feel like when spring training starts, you're going to be a normal picture, normal routine.
Speaker 13: No m routine, no more day and ready for rokenroll.
Speaker 2: That's amazing it is. Hey, we're in your bullpen. I just told Banda we're in your house. Yeah, this is Bazuka's house right here, Kenley Jensen's house right here, and it's to be Edwin Diaz this house now too.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean a lot of a lot of cabs. Yeah, it's here right now. So I mean gonna be like amazing year for the booping guy for the team too.
Speaker 10: So I mean this is adrenale right here in the boopen.
Speaker 2: Yes it is. Have you been working on your cutter.
Speaker 13: I'll been working in my core because that's the best pitch right now I have after my singer. You know, my singer is my best pitch. But the quarter is like domination, you know, like ye the best bitch.
Speaker 2: Have you thought about this? You got Edwin Diaz, you got Tanner Scott, you got Alex Besia, you got Anthony Banda, you got you got who else am I missing? You got the Bazuka. Yeah, you got five guys there. You could shorten the game six in in game if you guys are all together.
Speaker 13: I mean that's like I'd say, a lot of cabos right here. So they're gonna be like a great year, great year because we have like spreading and then all that we're gonna have domination and then and again.
Speaker 2: How much are you bench pressing now?
Speaker 10: But Zuka? How much?
Speaker 2: How much? Seven hundred?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 2: Around Yeah, easy, easy day to seven hundred?
Speaker 10: Wow?
Speaker 2: How about a squad?
Speaker 10: Oh that's easy, like seventy eighty geesh, yeah, wow, it's easy, easy day.
Speaker 2: You think you could pick me up right now?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 13: No, well you know no YouTube YouTube too big too.
Speaker 2: No, I'm I'm gonna out. I feel like I've never missed you because we've kept in contact so much. You know, it's easy to forget about guys that are hurt. But you're still a big part of this team. And everybody's really excited that the Bozuka is back.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, I'm very excited to a part of this thing. I'm blessed, you know, I'm blessed to be here. I'm so like ten for all that. So but yeah, I mean with this team, I'm it's like my my, like my everything.
Speaker 10: So thank I'm gonna be here for another year.
Speaker 2: Hey, Bruceta graderol. He looks good. He smells good always. Yeah, Hearn's looking great.
Speaker 13: Neil guy now, Neil Guy, No, just improved, just apride.
Speaker 2: That's right, still a great guy. Is still a great smile. But when he gets on that mound, watch out, be careful because.
Speaker 3: That's not me.
Speaker 2: That's not the guy like you see it now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Quidnam Azuka, thank you for stopping.
Speaker 10: Appreciate it now your work, God, thank you.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: You want to take a picture, Toko and photo, Yeah, sure, let's go here. He is the man. Roustar Gradual forty eight is going to be back. In twenty twenty six. You gotta be ready for this. The Dodger bullpen people forget about it. It's not just Edwin Diaz, it's not just Tanner Scott. They are coming back big, big, Hey. Thank you, Bazuka, thank you. That's a that's gonna close out this hour when we continue. We got a big hour. Wow, I need a regroup. That was a big first hour. We got hour two coming up. You know who's stopping by an hour two? Snell Zilla, be ready. Blake Snell on Dodger Talk Live from Dodger Stadium. Dodger Fest rolls on until one o'clock right here on AM five to seventy LA Sports