Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 2: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers Tamle Cats.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck. Hope you're enjoying this Friday night as your Los Angeles Dodgers are back home at the Ravine. After a brief four game road trip in the Desert where they got a split with the Snakes. The Dodgers back home tonight for the start of a three game Freeways series Dodgers and Angels. Rokey Susaki on the mount, first pitch from a Uniclo field. The Dodger Stadium is coming up in seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from Alex Vesia coming up in about forty five minutes, we'll get you your Dodger pitching matchup. We'll also get at your Dodgers magical moment. David Vase joins us. Throughout the hour, we'll hear from the Dodger Skipper. Coming up in about twenty minutes, Kirsten Watson from Sports net LA stops by. We've got your Otani rewind and if that wasn't enough, we will head out to the gallpin Ford broadcast booth and check out with Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday, who are on the call to start the game tonight. Well last night in the desert, thanks for looking really good for the Dodgers until they weren't. Justin Robleski got the start the left tender really good. Six innings, no runs, six hits, four strikeouts, zero walks. He lowered his ERA to two sixty two on the season, left the game with the lead thanks to the Dodgers offense with the top of the lineup didn't do much showy Otani getting the night off. Mookie Bets, Freddie Freeman and he Pa has a combined zero for twelve at the play, but it was the bottom of the lineup that came through, and they did. In the top of the fifth, two outs runners on for Ryan Ward.
Speaker 6: To two swung on and that has poked in the right field on the run, Carol, o's.
Speaker 7: Over his head.
Speaker 1: It's been all the wall.
Speaker 5: It's been all already around third.
Speaker 6: He will score stopping it second as Ward and the Dodgers strike first. It has won to nothing. Carbyn Carroll took a straight route to the ball.
Speaker 1: It was over his head.
Speaker 7: On a swinging by Ward and for Carol just took the wrong route.
Speaker 2: That is the top tier play of the game, brought to by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less this game. Right after Max Munsey exited the game after colliding with first baseman Vargas, has both race to touch the first base bag. Munsey not in the lineup tonight, but feeling much better, does have a cut on his nose from the glasses that he hit Ryan Ward with the RBI double right after the adult rushing with the r single immediately after that, and the Dodgers scored two in the top of the fifth to take him two to nothing lead. Justin Robleski would go the six innings, leave with the possible victory in hand. Kyle Hurt pitched his seventh inning. He put up a zero striking out two after giving up a one out single. The eighth inning belge to one to Will Kline and it wasn't good. Corbyn Carroll lead off home run, then a walk, and then two batters later a single runners on second and third for Alex Vessi, in which he gave up an RBI single to Heraldo Perdomo. Both runs go to will Kline that tied the game at two. To the top of the ninth, we went. Dodgers went quietly. Bottom of the ninth. Tanner Scott on relief, got a strikeout to start off the inning and then the next pitch to katl Marte.
Speaker 6: Marte batting from the right side, the pitch to him swe on and hammer two pleat fourth.
Speaker 1: Down the line and go.
Speaker 6: It's a walk off home run for katl Marte and the Diamondbacks come back and win it three to two.
Speaker 2: Diamondbacks come all the way back with a walk off win as Paul Seawall gets to win and relieve Tanner Scott gets tagged with the loss. Dodgers had a chance to leave Arizona with the series win. And extending their lead in the division. However, they leave the Desert with the four games split after getting walked off. They leave with a six and a half game lead over the Snakes in the NL West as they sit at forty and twenty three overall on this season and now quick turnaround after flying back from Arizona last night, back at it tonight for the start of a three game freeway series against the last place Anaheim Angels. But don't overlook the Halos as they are hungary for some payback after the Dodgers had a three game sweep down in Anaheim a few weekends ago. Rookie Susaki on the mountain tonight to start off the series first pitch of seven to ten and with more, let's head out to the galloping Ford broadcast booth as we say hello to Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday. Guys, all right, the Dodgers are.
Speaker 8: Back home after splitting four games in Arizona with the Diamondbacks, and his play begins tonight. The Dodgers at forty and twenty three if a six and a half game lead on the Diamondbacks seven over the Padres, and the Padres are really sinking fast. The Angels, on the other hand, are fifteen games under five hundred twenty four and thirty nine. They and the Rockies are tied with the worst record in baseball. But the Dodgers return home breathing a sigh of relief. Yes, they split the four in Arizona, but Max Monsey, it could have been a whole.
Speaker 9: Lot well, it could have been a lot worse. So the Dodgers said they feel good about coming home. Obviously, they won seven of their last eight here in the home turf. But with Max Munsey, he went through the concussion protocol fine, that violent collision last night at first base, he had to leave, so did the Diamondbacks first baseman. So for monthly, not in the starting lineup tonight. He doesn't really know, he being Dave Roberts. If he can swing the bat later on, we'll find out. But they expect Max to maybe be in the starting lineup again tomorrow night.
Speaker 8: And so the Dodgers are sitting pretty and they've got Susaki going against debt Meurs and just watching Otani now it's unbelievable what he does.
Speaker 7: Bat in his hand.
Speaker 8: His last outing on the hill was merely spectacular. You know, there are only seventeen batters in baseball hitting over three hundred at the moment. Otani's one of them at three oh one, ranking ninth and Wednesday night, three hits, a couple of walks, got a nineteen game on Bay Streak. Oh on the pitching, his RAS point seventy five.
Speaker 9: Well, people may get tired of hearing us talk about him, but I go to Heraldo Perdomo with the Arizona dim of Max the other day when asked about O'tani goes, he's a guy from a different planet. I mean, he is just doing things. You don't dare take your eyes off of him.
Speaker 8: Otani red hot back in the lineup at the off day yesterday, and he'll be leading off as usual. Couple of mookie bets. It's been a real issue to this point. He was zero four last night, comes into the game hitting a buck eighty three, two nineteen against lefties, one sixty nine against righty's Dodger Stadium, one ninety two. On the road, he's hitting won seventy two.
Speaker 7: He's got an issue.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know what I've noticed recently, taken notice of it. He's taking a lot of first pitch strikes. I mean, it looks like he's just with the mindset. He wants to see what the pitcher is going to deliver. Does that work for him? Does it work against him?
Speaker 7: Don't really know.
Speaker 9: He did hit a couple of balls very very hard in that four game series. Happened to be Lion drives right at people. Hopefully that's a sign of good things. Not that it's right at people, but the fact that he's hitting the ball hard.
Speaker 8: Oh tany leading it off tonight, MOOKI will be hitting for detailed the lineups at first pitch a little bit later on Tim All right.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Charlie. Are off and running as we cut you down to first pitch. Dodger fans get that game day meal on and Shaky's Pizza parlor. You know what are your Shaky's Pizza Chicken and Mojo's right now and Shaky's coming up here on Wrongo Casino. Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from Alex Vesia. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. David Vase checks in throughout the hour. We got your Otani Rewind and Kirsten Watson, though when we come back as we lead up to Dodgers and Angels on this Friday Night, the Freeway Series. First pitch at seven ten. They should being with us. I'm Tim kas is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Paudio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Angels the Freeway Series after the Dodgers swept the Angels a couple weekends ago in Anaheim. Back at it tonight from the Ravine Rookie Sasaki, Redetmer's the pitching matchup first pitch coming up at seven to ten show, Hey Otani? Last night didn't play a rare off night for Otani after the great outing that he had on the mound and at the plate on Wednesday night. O'tan he got a rest last night as a Dodgers had a too nothing lead, only to see that lead disappear and lose the finale in the desert. Three to two.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Kirson now joins was brought to by Cars for Kids Cards for Kids dot Org. That's Cars with a K all right, Kirston, here we are quick turnaround after a split in Arizona that in and in a disappointing fashion last night with the walkoff loss. The Dodgers are back at it tonight for the start of the Freeway series.
Speaker 10: They sure are they looking to get going. And look, as you mentioned, last night was a tough loss, especially coming off of how well Justin Obleski pitched. He really has been excellent as of blatant. So yet another really fantastic outing, and you know, you put the team in a position to win, you know, the offense for the most they got run support early, but just went unable to really continue to build on things outside of like one or two innings.
Speaker 1: So we saw a.
Speaker 10: Comeback for the Diamondback. So now it's really just a turn the page. But within that game, we also saw a very scary collision. It was a head on collision with Max Munsey and Diamondback's first baseman Ildemaro Vargas, and with that both guys exited the game. Good news was that Max Munsey afterwards said that he was a little beat up in the moment. It definitely was a hard contact. He did feel like after he caught his breath, he was able to he could have gotten back out there if need be. But Dave Roberts has said that he's passed all concussion testing and the good news is that he should be back in the lineup tomorrow. So, you know, as much as it has been a quick turnaround, and guys are you know we got in late last night, it's a little bit tired. They're looking to get this one going because they do know that the Angels, maybe not in the series that happened in Anaheim, but the Angels do typically like to be aggressive, and I like to get things going and find a way to pick up a win against the Dodge what we saw last year here at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 2: Well, the Dodgers are looking for a jolt tonight from somebody. Hopefully it's rookie Sasaki, who feels like he's on that trend of having some good starts here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I think that's the biggest thing is he just ultimately he's in a position where he's truly building off of each outing. He got the velocity to take back up, you know, mechanically, he feels like he's in sync. We're seeing how how he's made the small additions and I guess changes to his pitch mix. How that has truly been beneficial for him. So he's in a great spot right now. Recently there's been a lot of conversation about how he's gotten stronger and just really using his full body on the mound. So we're seeing that, we're seeing the results, and this really is, you know, a great matchup for him in which he can continue to prove what he's doing, how he's building. And also he could be in a potentially in a position where he could gain a little bit more trust with getting deeper into the game. And we can see a position where maybe if the pitch counts in a good spot, we could see Dave Roberts potentially challenging him to get a little bit deeper.
Speaker 2: So hopefully we can see.
Speaker 10: Him whether it's beating through six or maybe even getting into the seventh.
Speaker 2: Let's hope he can give him some length to night, because this Dodgers team needs a little bit of a jolt coming after that four game series in the Desert. Kirston, we appreciate it. What check in with you after the game? Still to come here on Marango Casino. Dodgers on Deck. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vessego's one on one with Alex Vesia. But up next we get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, as we'd leads up to Dodgers and Angels the Freeway Series on this Friday. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Friday night. Dodgers and Angels Marongo Casino Resort and Spa, a Grand Slam for good times. Roki Sasaki, Redebtver's the pitching matchup will dive deeper into the numbers between these two guys. Coming up in just a little bit. First pitch at seven ten.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 2: Presented by UCLA Healthy, Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Taeoscar Hernandez on the iel with the left hamstring strain, Kiki Hernandez on the iel with the left oblique injury. Tyler Glass now on the I L with the lower back spasms. Good news. Blake's noell in the sixty day i L, but he just started throwing after having those bodies removed from his elbow a couple of weeks ago. Rock Stewart on the I L with the left bone spur in his foot. Tommy Edmond continues his minor league rehab assignment in Triple A, Oklahoma City. Let's head back out to the stadium and check out with the Dodger Skipper.
Speaker 7: Any questions for Dave Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave?
Speaker 11: Roberts Max He's doing well. He's got a little bruise on his nose. He's a little sore overall kind of soreness, but feels good. Says that he's uh, he'll be ready to go tomorrow.
Speaker 10: Him getting back to the letter tomorrow and you're gonna have to manage him a little through this or needs to feel like he.
Speaker 1: Came back to total schedule.
Speaker 7: Luster to think. I think we'll be fine.
Speaker 11: I think so he'll play tomorrow and Sunday, then we'll be off on Monday for travel and then I think, you know, he should be good to go after that. We'll see, we'll see. You know, we're not hitting on the field today. We got in late, so we got some vilo. I'm sure he's gonna crank it up at some point in time today and then we'll I'll have that answer later.
Speaker 1: I didn't always see that have trouble with the Angels, and what.
Speaker 2: Are you expecting today?
Speaker 7: Dodgers win.
Speaker 11: You know, they play us tough. But you know, we had a good time down there in Anaheim, played well and so hopefully we can keep that going tonight.
Speaker 1: Started running today.
Speaker 11: I talked to Blake briefly and he said he started throwing today, so he was excited about that. Came out of it well, proje what happened from here? I think, you know, I think, like a lot of times, it's just kind of when when a guy is obviously coming off surgery is different than you know, an off season, but the build up is like any season.
Speaker 7: There it's the rehab part of it.
Speaker 11: But the progression, I don't know about the timeline, but it's gonna it's gonna be a way. We're gonna make sure that we we kind of take care of him, But I know Blake's gonna want to, you know, speed this process up.
Speaker 8: Two certain situation.
Speaker 2: But how much did you guys follow up per school situation?
Speaker 7: You're looking to hear what settles happen? We don't. We don't.
Speaker 11: That's uh, I mean, honestly, that's honestly, I think for certainly for me, it's just more of just trying to think about who we have on our roster, you know, being mindful of those guys and how we backfeel you know internally that Yeah, that's kind of honestly.
Speaker 7: Where my head is at. All.
Speaker 2: Right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts, some free game thoughts as we get ready for this freeway series. As we continue here on Wrongo, because you know, Dodgers on deck, we will check in with the David Vances we lead you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Angels. I'm Tim Kates. Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodger On, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a freeway series from Dodger Stadium. Dodgers and Angels. Rookie Sosaki read Detver's the pitching matchup in the series opener. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Alpoto, born in La and made for your game day. El Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your plate every single time. El Poto Gourmet in a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim cats On Dodgers on Deck. I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David.
Speaker 2: Ba all right, DV nasty collision at first base last night with Maximunsey came out of the game. I know you talked to him afterwards and you've seen him today. What's the latest.
Speaker 5: Dave Roberts said this was something that he talked about last night, that he planned on giving Munsey today off and he should be back in the starting lineup tomorrow night. But here's what Munsey had to say after the game last night inside the Dodger Club.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know crumble on the right side.
Speaker 4: I saw the picture didn't go off the mound, and I saw he fielded it kind of running backwards, so busting a hard out of the box, and as I'm running down the line, I saw him in foul territory.
Speaker 7: So I got to the inside of the.
Speaker 4: Bag and I thought he was gonna stay, you know, on that side, and uh it felt like neither of us knew which direction we were going to go, and then we both went the wrong direction, and uh yeah, bang. You know, I obviously I really hope, uh, you know, Vargus is okay. I sent something over to him, you know, hope, hoping he's doing all right and he's not not too bad, but just uh yeah, bad, bad situation that looked like neither of us knew which which direction to go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And the one thing to keep in mind to him is the fact that Vargas is not a veteran for a baseman. In fact, you just started playing for a space and Tory Lovello, the Diamondbacks manager, said after the game yesterday that Vargas should have slid towards the first space bag or the pitcher fell asleep and was a spectator. Ryan Nelson was not covering first space that would have avoided a collision as well, but tapping into a guy that knew how to handle that position pretty well. Our very own Eric carross I sent him a text and he sent back that Unfortunately both had the same idea. They were both heading to the dugout side of the base, and it looked like they both moved inside at the last minute to avoid contacts. So they were arriving at the same time and took the same lane, and that's when you got that type of football type of collision with Max Munsey and Delmo Vargas.
Speaker 2: Scary play. Thankfully, everybody is okay. David is brought to you by Ford. Here for those who build America, especially those who believe that given everything today will pay off tomorrow, those who will drive America forward for two hundred and fifty years to come. Right now, Ford is offering employee pricing to everyone American value for American values. Go to your Southern California for Dealer today or by for now dot Com Rookies sosact. He gets to start tonight DV and this is a Susaki. It kind of feels like he's getting better and better every single start.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what guys around the team have told me that there's seemed more confidence out of Roki Sasaki, more of a competitor because in Japan he was just head and shoulders better than the guys that he was facing, and he didn't really have to grind through starts, grind through seasons. And Travis Smith, the Dodgers' strength coach, was pointed out by Dave Roberts after the last Roki Sasaki start that Roki's been working with him going back to last year to be a lot stronger, stronger based, stronger upper body, and talking to Travis, he said, yeah, you're starting to see the fruits of all that work that he's put in with the weight training to get bigger and stronger, and in turn he's become more athletic on the mound. And Dalton Rushing, who has connected with him really well, he's not catching tonight, but Dalton's told me there have been times in the bullpen before Roki what he belie leaves is going to be his last warm up throw. If Dalton Rushing's not happy with it, he shouts at Roki one more, give me a really good one more. And at times Dalton said he has actually grabbed Roki and said let's go to get that fire lit underneath him before they head out of that bullpen. So it takes a village tim to get Roki Sasaki to where he's at. It's been development at the major league level and it's continuing tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it definitely looks like a guy who is continuing to grow up right before our eyes. All Right, DV time out for the Dodger Derby, brought to by San Anina Park. As we make picks head to head this spring season, we look at tomorrow's fourth race. It is a nine horse race. Who do you like in this one?
Speaker 7: David Well?
Speaker 5: I appreciate you pointing out the number four horse. I don't know if it's going to win or not twelve to one odds, but the name certainly resonates with all Dodger fans, and that is the Great moriy Wills. That's the horse's name, the number four horse, moriy Wills. I'm going with that one. Well, we all hope that horse wins.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with bro Bro the number nine horse, just in case Mary Willis doesn't win. It's Belmont Steaks Day. It's sating to the park on Saturday. Enjoy uncorked wine, event, track side, family Fund Zone.
Speaker 7: And so much more.
Speaker 2: Tickets available at Santa Anita dot com slash Events. Thanks to DV coming up here. I'm Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck Dave. It'll be back and have Alex Vessio one on one in about fifteen minutes up next, So get your Dodgers Magical Moment. Don't you go anywhere Dodgers and Angels on this Friday night the Freeway Series. I'm Tim Katz's back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Disney and Pixar's Toy Story five, don't miss the family movie event of the summer. Woody Buzz, Jesse and the rest of your favorite toys are back and they're facing off against Bonnie's brand new device.
Speaker 1: No not Lily Pad.
Speaker 2: The battle is on Disney and Pixar's Toy Story five only in theaters coming up on June nineteen. Get your tickets available now.
Speaker 1: Without a hot dog who wants a hot Dog? It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment. Ditch Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Tips.
Speaker 2: Well the Dodger's taking on the Angels. We go back to July fifteenth, twenty twenty two. At the Big A and Anaheim Final start before the All Star Game. Clayton Kershaw working on perfection.
Speaker 7: Taylor Ward is on deck.
Speaker 8: Trout not playing tonight.
Speaker 7: The one to two.
Speaker 12: Calls right three on the outside corner. Kershaw's first strikeout of the game, and it's against show Hey o'tany flind one to write and hens are out. Bert, there's a shot. What a play by Trey Turner picks it.
Speaker 2: Up, throws the person.
Speaker 13: That's the third spectacular defensive play in by the Dodger infield, first Justin Turner, then hands Arould Berto, and now Trey Turner keeping the perfect game intact for Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 1: What a play.
Speaker 7: This crowd standing is won.
Speaker 8: One ball, two strikes, the pitch turn on and miss strike three strike cap number six.
Speaker 2: Kershaw is perfect through seven. Clayton Kershaw perfect through seven. Unfortunately, the perfect game broken up in the eighth inning by Luis Ringifo's double. So close to perfection. But what an outing right before the All Star break in twenty twenty two for the future Hall of Famer Clayton Kershaw. This Hofey magical moment brought to by Hofey Hot Dogs. Hoffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffy hot Dogs local and so great. But we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check back in with Rick Monday for leaning you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Angels. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is I'm a wrong O Casino Dodgers on Tack on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Angels getting ready to square off round two of the Freeway Series. Rookie Sasaki read Devers the pitching matchup. Time now for the start of the game, as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. With the Verizon startup Now Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your so called Verizon store today.
Speaker 3: And now joined by David Bassey, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Well, Rick, this will be a brief home stand against the Angels before the team heads out to Pittsburgh and Chicago. So don't unpack.
Speaker 7: No, this is laundry stop.
Speaker 9: That's exactly what In fact, today I thought, well, you're gonna stop it, get the car washed.
Speaker 7: It's a win a minute. We're only time for three days, then we leave. It's gonna be dirty when it come back, so just leave it dirty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a great plan. That's why you're a veterank you.
Speaker 2: How many times have you.
Speaker 5: Looked at the replay of that collision between Max month seing the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 9: First, I have actually not seen it other than right after it took place, and I was listening just a moment ago.
Speaker 7: You were you're talking to to Max. That was an.
Speaker 9: Extremely violent collision, and thankfully both were able to leave under their own power. The question is going to be is that the lingering effects on both of them and and Max gave the explanation. He thought that the first base who was normally not playing that way, was going to go to the other part of the bag, and Max was attempting to avoid that.
Speaker 7: Before that that was like the head on train collision.
Speaker 2: It certainly was.
Speaker 5: I was wondering, you've seen a lot of baseball, You've been involved in a lot of baseball. Did you ever have a play close to what we saw yesterday?
Speaker 7: No, and not like that. Not like that.
Speaker 9: I immediately thought of, you know, collisions that we have seen, you know other times, you know, we're maybe a first basement comes across the bag and receiving a high throw. I think of Cliff Floyd as a matter of fact, when he's at Montreal, who had to reach for a ball towards the home plate side of first base and as he was reaching out, the runner was going by and it fractured his.
Speaker 7: Wrists very severely.
Speaker 9: But I don't recall seeing a head on collision like we saw yesterday, and it was I mean, it was upsetting to see it.
Speaker 5: You talk about never being a spectator. Tory Lavello called out his picture yesterday for being one because he said that collision could have been avoided if the picture would have covered first base.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but if the picture cannot be an observer, he's going to be an active participant.
Speaker 7: And that just did not happen at the time. The Dodgers now they have to come on.
Speaker 9: You know, they're playing against the team that trust me, you hear this from time to time, but teams play up to the competition, or for the Dodgers, don't play down to the competition. And I don't mean that from a demeaning standboy, I'm talking about just the record, just the record itself. The Angels will do everything, along with everybody else to try and beat the Dodgers. I go back to last year if people got upset with the comment that Mookie Ben said, he said that every team that they play is going to be like their World Series.
Speaker 7: He was right here, he was the Angel.
Speaker 2: There's them also, I mean, they're already here.
Speaker 7: For example the next road trip.
Speaker 9: Trust me, they're already billboarding in Pittsburgh and have been for a number of days. Hey, the back to back world champions are coming into town. That is just what happens when you are part of an elite ball club, an elite organization, Your expatients or expectations are very high. So yes, indeed, you're going to have teams that will play up to the competition rather than to remain stagnated where they are, whatever standings.
Speaker 5: You know, some players on the Dodgers have told me it's unrealistic to expect them to raise their adrenaline level to the opposition like a Pirates or like the Angels. But it feels like being at home with fifty thousand plus shouldn't be that hard to get some adrenaline going.
Speaker 9: At all, especially just driving into the stadium. You're kind of building up on top of it. So you know, it's one of those things. In Rookie Sasaki tonight and how he has developed, because remember he's gone from the fork ball. He called it a splitter, but he's gone from the forkball deep within that v the middle finger in the middle and the index finger to a little bit more out towards the fingertips. Now it is really, it truly is a splitter. He's shown that he has better control of it. He shows that he has better really I think confidence in it and confidence. I know you were talking earlier about the confidence. You can see more confidence from Sissaki on the mound right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll see how this one goes as well, because it feels like it's development work in progress every start for him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is, so you don't have to get guitar washed the bar.
Speaker 5: Okay, thanks, Rick, Wait till we get back off the next show.
Speaker 3: Trip.
Speaker 5: You and Charlie have been developed me, developing me for fifteen years, so I feel like every every day is a new day.
Speaker 7: Well your response, We've got at least another five years of work to do.
Speaker 2: Okay, sounds good.
Speaker 7: Studio.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks a lot, DV. Thank you MO. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit uniclow dot com slash us. Still the comb will dive deep into this pitching matchup. Charlie and Rick will be back with the keys of the game. But up next we go high and tie with alex Vesia Dodgers Angels, Game one of the Freeway Series from Dodger Stadium. I'm Tim Kates at the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Angels Freeway Series. Rookie Sasaki read Detmer's the pitching matchup. First pitch from Dodger Stadium. Miss coming up at sevent ten.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be best fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tugged. Well.
Speaker 5: We've been to Downy Hunday together, We've been to Benny Boy Brewing together. How about being in the Dodger dugout together with two time World Series champion Alex Vesia. You really missed me a lot. I could tell Hi, Dave, how you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing good?
Speaker 14: Are you?
Speaker 7: Everything's great? How about you?
Speaker 5: I mean, obviously we don't get a chance to talk too much about the pitching when we're having fun away from the stadium, But at this stage of the season, where would you say you're you're feeling?
Speaker 7: Honestly, I'm feeling pretty good.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 14: We try to take it one day at a time. I mean, we have the family trip coming up Pittsburgh in Chicago, so that'll be fun. Happy to have Ka on board, and you know, just trying to take one day at a time. We got the Angels today, tomorrow Sunday.
Speaker 7: So let's go get three wins.
Speaker 5: Why would you do that to your family, take them to Pittsburgh.
Speaker 14: Well, technically that was Kay's choice to go to Pittsburgh. I think they've got some stuff planned, the wives and families have some stuff planned. But hey, yeah, she wanted to. I think she's never been there. She's never been to the White Sox, so she's like, I need to check that off. The bucket list, so told her, let's go, all.
Speaker 5: Right, I vesia trip to Pittsburgh and Chicago coming up. How are you doing this at this stage of your career? You still have a lot left in the tank. A lot of people regard you as one of the best relievers in baseball.
Speaker 1: Thanks, but you appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, but you're not the guy that throws ninety seven ninety eight, but you find a way.
Speaker 7: Nope, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 14: I don't throw very hard, Dave, but I think the easiest thing is just to make sure the hitter is guessing right, so it's being able to throw my slider.
Speaker 7: For a strike.
Speaker 14: I've thrown the changeup well this year as well, you know, but I love throwing the fastball. It's just something that, you know, I've always felt like I've had a good feeling for and obviously my slider and my changeup have gotten better.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 14: I have to thank the Dodger pitching coaches for helping me that and developed that over the years. And you know, I love being on this team and this year has been really special.
Speaker 5: How much do you trust your change up these days?
Speaker 14: I've I mean lover the last few outings, will and rushing. I've called it a lot more so I think it's they're trusting it more. For myself, I'm just I'll go out there and just throw it.
Speaker 7: You know, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I don't really think too much about it.
Speaker 14: But yeah, it's been it's been good.
Speaker 5: It seems like that's the new pitch a lot of guys are coming up with.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I think like last year was the splitter for like right hand a lot more right handers. I think for myself, adding the changeup is is he helped me get right handers and left handers out.
Speaker 2: So yeah, the third pitch is always nice.
Speaker 5: But Alex VESI, when you talk about him, you talk about the rising fastball, the spin rate.
Speaker 1: How do you get the baseball to do that?
Speaker 5: And is it still always a work in progress?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean it's something that I feel like I've always kind of had, even in college in the minor leagues. Yeah, I can't really tell you, like I just kind of throw. It's just my way of throwing. I guess I'm not too sure.
Speaker 5: But is it like how Kenley Jansen just naturally would throw a cut fastball?
Speaker 14: So yeah, sort of because I don't like train that you don't really train it. It's kind of just naturally within the throw. I think this spin efficiency on the baseball is what helps to because it's it's very close to one hundred percent, so it means it matches like my arm slot pretty well. But yeah, I mean if we get into data analytics, we'll.
Speaker 5: Be here for at least an hour, Dave, So you know that's way over my head.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Alex Vesia is our guest before first pitch of the Freeways series. One guy I wanted to ask you about because he's so quiet and he's been so vital to the success of your bullpen is a Gardo Enriquez. What can you tell us about a Gardo super human?
Speaker 14: Just when you see Mountain Mount you're like, oh, that's a big guy, right, like stocky huge, you know, big shoulders.
Speaker 7: When you're next to him, I feel so small.
Speaker 14: He's just you know, he's a unit it.
Speaker 7: He throwing one hundred and four. Yeah, but he is.
Speaker 14: He is quiet, so we do like to kind of get him out of his shell. Uh, Chico and Hammer in the bullpen. They definitely get him out of his shell. And that's it's fun there I'm really happy that, you know, we're able to have fun with him, and but he is quiet. He's a quite guy, but it's just that's his thing.
Speaker 5: Do you feel like he's starting to come into his.
Speaker 14: Own Yeah, yeah, absolutely, I think you know, last year he was hurt for a little while, so like this year, being hopefully all the way all the way through the season. You know, his success and you know he's learning, and you know, he had a quick rise up here, you know. And the one thing he comes into the ballpark every day with a good head on his shoulders.
Speaker 7: And he has a really good routine.
Speaker 14: You know, he's always you know, has has just a good attitude, you know, regardless of success or failure. And I think that's a really big key to having success in the game, is just being able to wake up the next day and still you know, work towards those goals and and not have the highs.
Speaker 7: Too high or the lows too low.
Speaker 5: Do you feel like Tanner Scott has learned that in his year and a half with the Dodgers. Do you feel like he's getting better at that?
Speaker 14: I mean, Tanner's had a lot of success in his career, you know, and he's had big spots in postseason games, and I just think that, you know, sometimes baseball is just a tough sport man, and and you can do everything right and still not have success, you know. And you know, we got to know each other really well last year, and for him to have you know, success this year, it's it's been. It's been really awesome to see. And I feel like I feed off of that as well, just because like we're you know, we're both lefties down there, and it's like when he's doing good and when I'm doing good, like it's it's just the mojo and just like that confidence I think just gets even.
Speaker 5: Higher before I let you go, Alex Vesia, every year is a new year, Every bullpen is obviously different. Do you feel like you guys are strying to build your own identity for twenty twenty six?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you asked me that when we were at Downy and I'm still trying to figure out what exactly we're gonna call call her, So says, you know, I always like the bullpen Dogs, but might have to switch it up, so you might have to come back with me with and hopefully we'll get a name for us well as.
Speaker 5: Long as you're in the bullpen. It's the bullpen Dogs.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but that but that was Bazuoka like that, Like he he was the one that like really set the tone for that.
Speaker 7: So yeah, well we'll see, okay, all right, we'll work on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll be together again off campus one day.
Speaker 14: Yeah, absolutely, I see you every day.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, have a good day.
Speaker 5: I love this guy. Alex Vessia LA loves this guy too. Alex Vesio received a gift card to Capitol Grill. Great food, great steaks, great sides. Alex Vessio will be in the house soon. We'll send it back to you.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks a lot. Dv Alex Vessia not one of the good guys, one of the great guys on and off the field. Dodgers Baseball brought you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza park, the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night, Shankies dot Com Pizza does sound pretty good on this Friday night. As we leads up to first pitch, Dodgers and Angels up next, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere Tim Katz is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Freeway Series Round two, this one from unic Loo Field the Dodger Stadium. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 3: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by here Toyota Dealers. We make it easy. Read Detmers on the mound for the Halos two and five. Four to sixty three ERA twenty six year old left hander starter for four seasons, reliever last year, now back in the rotation this season, making his thirteen start last time out five in the third Indies three runs, five hits, seven strikeouts in a win over the Rays. Last three starts, he has struck out at least seven hitters in each of those outings. In fact, he ranks fourth in the league with eighty two strikeouts this year. Look out for that curveball. It's the slowest curveball in the major leagues. It's seventy two miles per hour on average with an eleven inch break on the curveball. This is his six start, ninth appearance against the Dodgers. One in three with a five to ninety eer Uniclo Field the Dodgers Stadium. He's one in three with a ten ninety three ERA in four games. Rookie Sasaki on the mound for the Dodgers three and three, four to fifty ERA last time out, five and a third one run ball against the Phillies in May five starts, he went with the three to eighteen ERRA compared to a seven to twenty three RRA in four starts in April. So he's starting to put together and stack together start after start that are really good. You'll make his second start tonight against the Angels after he had a career high seven Indians, eight strikeouts, one run in a win last time last month. Rookie Sasaki Reid Depmers. The pitching matchup Dodgers and Angels. The Freeway Series gets under away in fifteen minutes. Keys to the game are next some Tim Katz is the back to back World Series champ. Dodgers Audio Network. This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deep on your home for the blue All season Low Dodgers and Angels game one of this freeways series of Rookie Sasaki and Reed Debtmer's the pitching matchup to open things up, getting ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo starts a great moment Star of Supporto Beer. Whatever your taste preference, Sporo has you cover with the variety crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beer. Sapporo Good with Sushi, Great with baseball. Back out to the booth one final time. Charlie Steiner, Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Guys as a Dodgers and Angels get ready for the first of this three game series before the Dodgers hit the road to Pittsburgh and to the South side of Chicago. Roki Sasaki tonight going against Reed Debtmer's and which Roki Sasaki will we see?
Speaker 9: Well, he's made an adjustment to one pitch, and that's what he called the splitter. It's really a forkball deep in of the v between the middle finger and the index finger. Well, now he is kind of tightened that grip up a little bit, so it is a splitter and no longer a fork ball. And it seems to have helped him because he went late April, he kind of changed the grip around a little bit, and he's throwing that pitch now for strikes with a higher.
Speaker 7: Percentage, and he looks more confident.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, absolutely, it's not like he's searching for the strength zone. He's pitching now like he owns the strength zone.
Speaker 8: So Sasaki goes against Reed Debtmer's two up, five down a lefty. In his last two starts, he's pitched reasonably well. Four runs in thirteen innings of the Angels have won both of those games.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And for Debtmans, like most pitchers, when he's ahead and the coount, he's very good. He's going to change speeds. He's not had a lot of success here. In fact, in the zero to three and an er of twelve and sixteen innings, he's worked a lot of innings and given up a lot of runs.
Speaker 8: And the Dodgers in the three games series up in Anaheim a couple of weeks ago, swept the series, outscoring them thirty one to three.
Speaker 7: Let's see what the Dodgers can do in this three game.
Speaker 8: Series with the Angels back here at Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium. Lineups at first pitch, coming up all.
Speaker 2: Right, thank you, Charlie. Don't forget David vast Days got you covered with postgame wrap up, all the festivities from the clubhouse, and of course, of course Dodger talk as well. When this game is over. Dodgers with a six and a half game lead in the NL West going into action tonight. Dodgers first place in the division, ahead of Arizona and San Diego, who has lost five in a row. Keep you updated on what happens at Petco Park. Is the Padres taken on the Mets, already down one to nothing, and the Diabacks at home against the Nationals already trailing two to nothing, so we'll keep an eye on those as the night goes on. First pitch is next Freeway Series Dodgers Angels enjoy it. I'm Tim Kases is the back to back World Series champion. Dodgers Audio Network