Speaker 1: It is the mojo in the morning show, Kevin, you met a lady that has the longest commute to and from work, and we may have to see if there's anybody that can compete with this. But what kind of commute is this? He's insane?
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: So I was at a target, I think it was in Birmingham, and there's a Starbucks in there. Before I leave, I'm like, man, let me get myself a medicine ball pop over there. And I'm having a conversation with the young lady and I can tell her voice is different than like the regular American accent. So I get in quizit, where are you from? She's like, I'm from Canada. And we started talking about Boxing day and I'm like, oh, Shannon has a husband named Wes. He's from Canada.
Speaker 1: We started talking.
Speaker 3: She's like, yeah, I'm from Toronto. Okay, Well, how long have you been living here? She's like, I don't live here. Okay, you don't live here. Where you live She's like, I live in Toronto still and I'm like, and you work here? She's like, yeah, six days a week, so you commute back and forth. Now he's like six days out of the week. She travels from Toronto to work at the Starbucks.
Speaker 4: No way, that.
Speaker 1: Was my thought.
Speaker 3: I literally, I'm like, there's no other jobs that are closer to you, or you can't live here, she says, in this economy is way too much for her to move here. She goes to school in Wayne State, and I think Starbucks in particular is like paying half of her tuish it okay, So she's like, I have to work here and drive home every night.
Speaker 1: Wait, so she drives every day or she lives here for six days a week, goes home for the week. No, she said, she drives.
Speaker 3: She says, she gets off so she said typically I was like, man, like what time do are you getting home? And like how long are you able to sleep before you got to turn on? That's terrible, she said. Typically I get home about three am. And she said, I don't have time to really like go to sleep. She said, I just freshen up, jump in the shower, basically do my hair real quickly.
Speaker 1: I gotta tw we explain something to me, though, How is it that? What is it drive to Toronto? It's like three and a half hours, it is I thought I took it. I did it one time.
Speaker 5: Sometimes it's closer to four. Sometimes you could fly. Know, we we typically get there in like three and a half.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, that's what she's doing. Long drive. That's insane every day every day. And I thought people who drive from Detroit to Grand Rapids every single day was crazy.
Speaker 4: That's so that's it's another full time job of just driving crazy.
Speaker 1: She has the energy we had on the five to six fifty five the trucker. But he's a trucker that you know, drives.
Speaker 4: He had, he gets paid for his time to drive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but people that do the long commute crazy.
Speaker 4: There's ten thousand million Tim Hortons in Canada college to.
Speaker 1: But there's more Starbucks, is what I'm thinking.
Speaker 5: But I get okay, so I do well. I mean, if she's going to Wayne State, so she's already here for that.
Speaker 4: But still that is.
Speaker 1: Eight four four Mojo Live eight four four sixty six five six five four eight. Who's got the longest commute? That's listening to us right now?
Speaker 4: Nobody's beating.
Speaker 1: I drove to the radio station for the party last night, and it took me an hour and a half. And I said to myself, sitting in that traffic, an hour and a half.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If that was my drive every single day, i'd retire or something. There's no way I had.
Speaker 3: I came at Michigan State yesterday. It's about an hour and twenty if I do it right. And how many games you do a year?
Speaker 6: See?
Speaker 1: Not a lot?
Speaker 6: Not a lot.
Speaker 1: It's like a handful. Would you do more if if they gave you more? Or is it tough for you because you got the pistons and stuff too? I would do more? Yeah, yeah, I would do that's a lot. It is a long time. I mean, and listen, I don't think you get rich doing that, but I think it's a good exposure for you.
Speaker 7: To do it.
Speaker 1: But it's fun, it's purpose field hold on saying, Erica, are you there?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 8: On there.
Speaker 1: Erica has nurses who come from Toronto and they do this every day.
Speaker 2: Yes, every day. I was at Kabanos Cancer Institute and a lot of my nurses came from Toronto. Shout out to them. And one of my nurses, she was so special to me. She put here to the tomato chips that.
Speaker 1: Are so good over there in Canada, the what things?
Speaker 2: What did she give you chip?
Speaker 1: Because the tomato? Oh yeah, shannons ketchup chipsip. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Shannon had those things.
Speaker 4: One is obsessed with them.
Speaker 1: Those things were gross. I tried one of those. I thought that they took all the preservatives out of everything that thing. I had more preservatives than that thing. That stuff gives you cancer. But yeah, that that's that's wild banded. The nurses, I wonder why they come in from there. I wonder if there's uh not good nursing jobs over there. What's going on in Ash? How you doing.
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 1: How are you Ash? If you ain't driving three and a half or four hours? You ain't the most uh longest commute? How long is yours?
Speaker 4: Mine is only an hour?
Speaker 8: But hearing that on the radio this morning made me feel a lot better about my community.
Speaker 1: I bet, yeah, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I thought mine was a lot, But hearing that, I'm like, I don't know. keV is asking where she gets the energy, probably from the Starbucks where she worked, because nothing else to give her the fueld.
Speaker 1: She said, caffee, how you do that?
Speaker 4: And in bad weather, if there's snow or freezing rain or something.
Speaker 1: Angela's got a long commute? How long is it?
Speaker 6: Hi? Good?
Speaker 7: Morning, guys.
Speaker 4: It's about two hours. Yes, yeah, So I drive from Centerline to Mcomb to drop my son off from work, and then I drive downtown near you guys to actually get to work.
Speaker 6: So I usually leave about seven fifteen and.
Speaker 4: I don't get to work till nine.
Speaker 2: So give her take the traffic man.
Speaker 1: You get to listen to us for a while too, hopefully I do.
Speaker 4: And then I turned the podcast down into my office.
Speaker 7: So I love you. Yeah, we love you guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you, appreciate I appreciate all your hard work.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Pristo has just sent me a text message said he said, I will give the Toronto girl that Kevin met a room at the Hotel Saint Regis because of her hard work and what she's doing for forty dollars a night for real. Yeah, she said that he would get her a room.
Speaker 7: So if she.
Speaker 1: Contacts yeah, I want to ask card I was like, this is a listaad do so if she contacts Kevin, Uh, hold on a second here, who's saying on with us? What's going on? Who's saying? Thanks? Christals? Joel was going on, is your first name Sudam or Saddam? You want crazy? Is this saying, calling us from uh from heaven?
Speaker 7: Heaven?
Speaker 8: We have to guess where I'm calling from?
Speaker 6: Where would you guess.
Speaker 1: Where are you calling from?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 6: Let me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. Listen, I don't stereotype. That was actually my first guest. Go ahead, and what's going on?
Speaker 8: First time alongside?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 8: I just wanted to call him in and say, you and Shannon complain about driving from one Bloomfield.
Speaker 4: I don't complain. I have never once complained about my driver. My drive is twenty minutes. It is the easiest drive.
Speaker 1: Who's saying, you know why I complain because A yes, sor for twenty six years or twenty five years, I didn't have to do this drive, and then the last years of my radio life, I all of a sudden have to move into an hour drive every day. They weren't thinking about me when they moved to the studio.
Speaker 8: Who's saying, I totally understand, but I started taking my call.
Speaker 6: You guys have a good day.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. Hold on a second. Let me, uh, look, maybe Christals will give you the same deal. Christos, I'll take a forty dollars room at the hotel Saint Regis. What's up? Kevin, Hey, good morning. I want Actually I wont Christos. I'm just kidding you. I want the I want the four hundred dollars room. I want the nice room. What's going on with Kevin?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 1: Kevin?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 2: You doing?
Speaker 6: I don't know if you're hearing my voice. But I wake up extra early. I live in California, so my iHeart radio listener. I wake up at four in the morning. Gives me an opportunity to listen to your show. But I also have to go to work, where my commute is two hours.
Speaker 1: It can that's amazing because it's only a five minute or five mile drive, right California.
Speaker 6: Well, no, Shannon's been to the Bay Area. She emails what the traffic's like from her friends.
Speaker 1: That's not.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I'm an actual art teacher, So I commute from basically Napa all the way to Oakland, California. But I love it because not only like I said, I can listen to your show, but I use my two kids as a commuter lane, which is total of everything. So if parents are complaining about like waking up early, but still get to use your kids as a communitly take advantage. But yeah, that's all thank you guys.
Speaker 1: You guys in California. You guys in California are really no joke. I mean the idea of that you drive what is a minimal distance for us that would take us, you know, twenty five minutes or so, it takes them hours. The scenery is different, I will say, no, it's bad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I get to see that.
Speaker 1: Most most of my friends in l A Are looking at you know, you know, neighbor. I don't know. In LA you can see I don't know the valley, but it looks nice to me. Uh, California, what's up Arson?
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up in the morning?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: Good morning brother? It is my actually first time on the race.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 2: But hey, that's what I say after somebody asked me, what's my name?
Speaker 7: Like, my name is artist, right, so you show my words right from my Mouth's awesome. But yeah, my girl, she drives about hour and a half at least. The mount she was driving is like following like twenty.
Speaker 6: Minutes to work.
Speaker 1: And she's a dedicated drivers too, so she.
Speaker 6: Put like ninety seven thousand miles.
Speaker 1: I keep telling her that's a lot of miles on a car. And soon and a half months Wow, you know, they.
Speaker 2: Scared the daughters.
Speaker 1: He like goes back and forth.
Speaker 2: So she put a hell of miles on her car two and a half months. I'll help her finance company.
Speaker 1: And listening to this Arsen Kevin's got a guy that will roll back the miles for you.
Speaker 2: Roll back the miles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, I know a couple of people that can do that myself.
Speaker 1: Thanks for the call, buddy, I appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, no problem, my brother man.
Speaker 1: What's up, Mark?
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 8: Good morning everybody, Happy holidays, Brry Christmas, Christmas.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 8: I just want to say hands down to these people that got to drive that far to get to work. I get up in the morning, I can plain, and I drive three and a half minutes to work.
Speaker 1: Really, and I bet you about that. Yeah, why do you not walk If it's three and a half minutes.
Speaker 8: That's just I mean, that'd be too far away. Cry, I take me twenty five minutes. But I do, in my defense, I do spend the rest of the day in a truck driving soul.
Speaker 1: That Yeah, that's uh. The short commute people like I used to have. I used to have a great commute. It was like twelve minutes or fifteen minutes and stuff. It's not.
Speaker 3: And I used to complain when it was like that, I don't I'd take me eight minutes of gear. Oh, and A said, if I'm just you know, just really nearly driving. Yeah, although I will say this though, you know what I end up doing. The morning, I get a chance to listen a lot to news and things like that to kind of see what's going on. And then the afternoon I return all my phone calls, so I kind of get a chance to get on the phone and do all that stuff.
Speaker 1: So I want to Tesla to drive me. And then if I have that, I just sit back and still be so scared.
Speaker 4: I want to try that one time.
Speaker 1: I think i'd still be let's all do it. Yeah, A self driver