Speaker 1: It is Tuesday, February third, twenty twenty six. Watch to Get You Today from the Nancy Got three Mystery updates to Roger Goodell, addresses the Bat Buddy, super Bowl drama, and anger grows. It's garbage piles up in New York City, plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text san more, Hey there Sabrina, Hello, Hello Sea.
Speaker 2: Last Avenue, and hello to you. You can join us on the show today. All you have to do is send us a dispatch. Go to Thenewsjunkie dot com. It record on your first dispatch today. You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv. Slash the News Junkie. Your message is rolling right to the studio in real.
Speaker 1: Time, and it is friends a Share the Show Tuesday. That is when you tell somebody about this year. Show about this year. R hear it?
Speaker 3: You say, I listen to the News Junkie and you should too. Bam.
Speaker 2: Send it over to these folks who are none the wiser to this program. So I think you might enjoy this. It's a little show about viral news.
Speaker 3: Dig it up.
Speaker 2: If you could thank you folks on to Share the Show Tuesday. How's everybody doing on a Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Could you know a little confused weather wise? This was the first time I had walked out of the house despite all of the cold weather that I saw frost.
Speaker 3: Oh really, yeah? What the hell?
Speaker 2: I thought we were getting to like warm up territory, like everybody's done with it now and maybe not.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be here forever.
Speaker 2: I know based on our opening clip that people haven't gotten over one thing. There's one thing that is still stuck in our crawl right now after this cold weather. And that one thing is we ain't getting away from the frozen iguanas anytime soon.
Speaker 1: Okay, they are here Tuesday, look at that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And and the best part about it is all of the people.
Speaker 2: I should not be surprised by this at all. All the people who are in the business person rounding up iguanas are weird.
Speaker 3: And yes, see, Lane, there is.
Speaker 1: I saw the shoes and I was like, why does this pile of iguanas have shoes?
Speaker 3: And now I see ahead, let's get into it.
Speaker 2: Let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers on the pulse. Liicey, what's happening to this great, big, wild, wide world of ours and wild today? It didn't We literally just get done saying these things are are full of bacteria.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's laying on the ground and he's covered himself with frozen iguanas in Hollywood, Florida.
Speaker 3: Man, what are you doing? Isn't that cold brout trying to sleep? How do you sleeping? And that's why?
Speaker 5: What do you think that?
Speaker 6: Well, there was thirty degrees, now it's one hundred.
Speaker 7: They keep me warm.
Speaker 3: I have one hundred, and now I feel like I'm one hundred degrees. I'm trying to park it.
Speaker 7: You want to park a spot, you gotta move bro.
Speaker 3: Guess what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's totally natural interaction.
Speaker 3: You know, we're in my fucking spot, right.
Speaker 4: Not that guy was miked up under all.
Speaker 1: Those He just happened to have a wireless mic on his his little hat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just to pick up the audio.
Speaker 4: Ros. There is so much disease. And also, oh yeah, leave the iguanas alone. If they're invasive, why why are we doing things with the body?
Speaker 2: Because we're killing them, We're eating them, we're killing them, and we're making blankets out of them while they're still alive. He covered himself in blankets and he's land on the ground.
Speaker 6: More go find out the seriously bro, crazy.
Speaker 3: Bro, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: For educational purposes, we did not kill these iguanas. This is called brumation. It is hibernation or for the reptile. You just have no energy, no life, and they're trying to preserve everything that they have left.
Speaker 3: Oh that sounds like me. The last part.
Speaker 4: Throw over an influencer's body.
Speaker 3: What did he say?
Speaker 1: They have no energy, they have no life, held on like, I gotta go back.
Speaker 3: Right to this part here. It is for the reptile.
Speaker 6: You just have no energy, no life, and you're trying to preserve everything that they have left.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's me, moham, no energy, no life.
Speaker 2: Just trying to preserve everything I have left.
Speaker 3: Forgot.
Speaker 4: What they should have done is have that guy drive his car over him.
Speaker 3: And little kids just on the side crying, what are you doing? Mister? This is what life has come to. This is it right now?
Speaker 2: And congratulations to all the big iguana fans.
Speaker 3: This is your moment to shine.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: You've got two times.
Speaker 2: A year when the iguanas fall out of the trees, you get a moment to shine, iguana people, and then when we hunt the iguanas.
Speaker 3: If it's hunting season.
Speaker 2: You get you get to shine then and else else elsewhere, no.
Speaker 3: Other shining going on? Right?
Speaker 2: Oh, I guess there was one more, one more thing. This is another person just grabbing him. Is this the same guy? This is Floridians picking up a iguana's on the sidewalk.
Speaker 3: Guys just grabbing, grabbing.
Speaker 1: Him just like it's like it's a stick on the side.
Speaker 4: Oh, multiple angles, yep.
Speaker 3: Now as they got three or four of them here, let me see.
Speaker 1: I think I think this whole time that we've talked about this because I've never encountered one of these frozen iguanas in.
Speaker 3: The wild here.
Speaker 1: I expected them to be more stiff. Well, these ones aren't moving much. This is a big old bucket. Oh but I've been like frozen stiff.
Speaker 4: Iguanacles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, just like just completely frozen in place. I guess not.
Speaker 4: I guess they They call them invasive, but we're just seeing how many there are when it comes to freezing temperatures. Therefore, how invasive are they? If they've been real good about hiding themselves and not bothering anybody this whole.
Speaker 2: Year, they usually just chill, and what they can't chill anymore well, we had that many. Actually temperature chill. That's the problem. We have so many of these little suckers. So there you go. That'll kick us off today for a share the show Tuesday, I've got to run down for everybody because I've been following very closely what's going on, because this is an interesting story getting more interesting by the moment. We talked about it yesterday. Savannah Guthrie's mom is still missing. And I'm not sure if you guys have been picking up on any of the weird details, but it's.
Speaker 3: Getting more and more bizarre. Now.
Speaker 2: This eighty four year old woman, she's the daughter, she's the mother rather of the Today's Show host Savannah Guthrie, and she has gone missing. She is not in the greatest of health. And now they're saying they found blood at her house. Oh and they believe someone may have abducted her. And Courtney's like, well, is she political? Could be like some crazy political thing? And I go, I don't really view her as a crazy like partisan target for people, And you say her, we're talking Savannah Guthrie. Savannah Guthrie, right, So, like I'm thinking, what would motivate somebody to do this? There's also some other very fishy details. But they released this new thing yesterday. They updated it Missing Person Vulnerable Adult Pima County Sheriff's Department show Savannah Guthrie's missing mom. Eighty four years old female, She's five five hundred and fifty pounds, brown hair and blue eyes. Missing since January thirty. First, the days are now piling up. They don't know what the clothing she was wearing when she was last seen was. And here you go, here's like some of the banner headlines coming in. I'll play the sheriff talking in a second here attached to this story, but this says authorities believe that today's show host Savannah Guthrie's mother was taken against her will.
Speaker 1: And I mean, what is that? That starts to sound like she was like kidnapped or you.
Speaker 4: Know, abducted or is that not the definition of kidnap?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and abducted? Why what was the motivation? Well, who were they actually targeting? And there are a lot of new details dropping on this. Let's go to this report here and see what they're saying about the latest detail saying Savannah Guthrie's mom was taken against her will.
Speaker 1: Searching for the mother of Today's show host Savannah Guthrie.
Speaker 9: Nancy Guthrie was last seen outside her Tucson area home on Saturday night. Eric Zona Investigation, Eric.
Speaker 3: Good Morning.
Speaker 10: There is now a twenty five hundred dollars reward offered for any information that may.
Speaker 3: Help locate the eighty four year old. All right, that was something that stood out to me too. Twenty five hundred dollars reward very specific.
Speaker 4: And I'm not trying to sound like a brat, but twenty five hundred teams low. It seems very low lords in the past.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's low on purpose. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You know, this is a big deal that's spilling out into national news.
Speaker 1: Do you think a nefarious person out there might hold back the tip to wait for that number to go a little bit.
Speaker 3: If we can get a little higher. I got, I got Grandma on the couch over here.
Speaker 4: It's a tip for you. Raise the reward.
Speaker 1: Twenty five hundred dollars is not a whole lot. It's just truly not Let's see what else they said.
Speaker 10: The sheriff's office there says they don't know exactly what happened, but do know she didn't leave her home on her own.
Speaker 11: Okay, she is very limited in her mobility, right, we know she didn't just walk out of it.
Speaker 3: Is the sheriff is that we know there are.
Speaker 11: Other things that the sign that the scene that indicate there was there was a.
Speaker 7: She did not leave on her own.
Speaker 3: Okay, what dude, like he did? You hear him, I'll bring that back.
Speaker 2: He said there were other things at the scene, and then he really didn't want.
Speaker 3: To say whatever.
Speaker 1: It sounded like he may have stopped himself in his tracks before saying struggle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, I think so too.
Speaker 1: Because obviously we know I don't know if this press conference was before or after we found out that there was blood on the scene and that was one of the contributing factors to changing this from a simple missing person's case to a crime scene.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 1: But you know, he's always he's been very cagy these past two days about describing exactly what led them to make that switch.
Speaker 4: But there's probably some evidence in which they know how to nail the perp. Because the public is not aware.
Speaker 2: Of this knowledge, they definitely want to hold back something. But just kind of I'll go back listen to him, just himm And and han over that okay, listen to him kind of not one dimension what happened to the scene.
Speaker 3: Her home on her own.
Speaker 7: She is very limited in her mobility, right. We know she didn't just walk out of there. That is that.
Speaker 3: We know.
Speaker 11: There are other things that the sign that the scene that indicate there was there was a a.
Speaker 7: She did not leave on her own.
Speaker 3: Man sheriff declined her there.
Speaker 10: The Silent Detectives found that eighty four year old Nancy Guthrie's Tucson area home where she lived alone but did have help around.
Speaker 3: Myself, Missus guth three.
Speaker 11: Nancy Guthrie is of great sound mind.
Speaker 13: This is not a dementia related She is as sharp as attack.
Speaker 10: She was last seen outside her home around nine thirty Saturday night.
Speaker 3: We put all a while ago into this though.
Speaker 7: Our drone systems are our aircraft, so.
Speaker 2: They got drones up, they got choppers up there looking absolutely everywhere, and they think that this woman was taken.
Speaker 3: Against her will.
Speaker 2: And Savannah Guthrie, the Today's Show co anchor, she is now. She released a statement here and I wanted to pop that into this. It says, let me see, let me go to actually the source post here here she is, she posted, Please pray. This is Savannah Guthrie. We believe in prayer. We believe in voices raised in unison and love and hope. We believe in goodness. We believe in humanity above all, we believe in Him capital Age. Thank you for lifting your prayers with ours for our beloved mom Our dearest Nancy, a woman of deep conviction, a good and faithful servant. Raise your prayers with us, and believe with us that she will be lifted by them in this very moment we need you. He will keep in perfect peace those whose hearts are steadfast trusting in thy Lord, a verse of Isaiah, for all time, for all of us.
Speaker 3: Bring her home, Lah.
Speaker 2: She says, no real details in They're just like, hey, pray for my mom to come back. And there's so many bizarre, bizarre things that are happening around this story.
Speaker 4: Cameras, no neighbor ring cams, no nothing, light cameras that picked up anything.
Speaker 3: Nothing that they've released yet, Sabrina. I mean they might have something.
Speaker 2: People are also saying, Savannah Guthrie's worth fifty million dollars. She is, and maybe there's a reason why they're not making the reward higher. Maybe you know, I just don't know. I literally don't know why why they would do it this way. The other story is Savannah Guthrie is missing mom. Blood found in home after abduction, and it says the La Times said blood was discovered alongside signs of force entry at her multi million dollar Tucson home where Nancy Guthrie lives. Authorities have not confirmed who the blood belongs to. She was reported missing Sunday, hours after returning home from dinner Saturday night. Savannah's sister Anne is believed to be the last person seeing her mom.
Speaker 3: They believe she was Here's the key part.
Speaker 2: Nancy was taken from her bed in the middle of the night, and investigators are looking at registered sex offenders and others in the area while coming through video from cameras at her home, neighbors, residences, local businesses, and traffic lights. All right, so, I mean, all of this is very strange. They said they believe she was abducted while she slept, the sheriff saying, I do believe she was abducted. Yes, she didn't walk from there, she didn't go willingly. It's all very very often. Yeah, and what else do I have here in the runway.
Speaker 1: They're looking into local sex offenders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I don't know why it could be a deranged person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that.
Speaker 2: Would lead us to believe that they were thinking it wasn't a targeted thing because her daughter is on the Today Show. That is just some crazy person or something targeted thing.
Speaker 4: You would assume that there was some indication of a ransom or this is why we're.
Speaker 2: Doing it, And maybe there is, but they certainly haven't shared that. Savannah Guthrie of NBC has announced she's pulling out of the Winter Olympics. She will not be taking part in the Winter Olympics, which is coming up just a bit here in a handful of days on her network.
Speaker 1: It's a huge event opening ceremonies Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, And I mean that's a big, big thing that shows.
Speaker 1: You, which means they usually start doing the actual sports a couple of days before the opening ceremonies. I think some of the events will start as early as tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And this.
Speaker 2: Would be something that she was probably a big part of. Also, the neighbor of NBC hosts Savannah Guthrie's missing mother, Nancy, has described the chaotic scene of authority searching the neighborhood she was reported missing. They said the area is usually quiet. Residents are used to walking their dog, cycling and waving good morning to one another, but now there's a crime scene in the area and this has just thrown things into absolute chaos.
Speaker 3: She has a beautiful house.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing the over overhead view of her house here, her residence with a pool, and it's this nice area.
Speaker 4: And to some on Arizona checks up on her every day to know that something happened.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, yeah, yeah. She has people who go out and help at the house her. This is a key piece. Nancy's phone, wallet and car were all still at her home when police began looking for her, and detective search or property. She also disappeared without taking the medicine she needs to survive with her. A source close to Savannah Guthrie told The Daily Mail it did not seem like Nancy had chosen to leave on her own accord. They said they were asking people to check all their doorbell cameras and house cameras to see if they can find anything about this. And as I said, the reward and nothing, nothing, nothing. She can't help me again. A reward of up to twenty five hundred dollars has been offered, which.
Speaker 3: Is up to twenty five up to twenty five. That could be less than twenty five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's the actual reward post eighty A crime. It says reward of up to twenty five hundred dollars for information leading to the recip or of the person's or person involved in the disappearance.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's where she lives, but they're despite not knowing the details or who did what. Surrounding areas should give you somewhat of a timeline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's strange and I'd like to hear if anybody has seen anything else about this to add to the rundown. Anybody has theories of what you think could actually be going on, You could.
Speaker 3: To our rundown.
Speaker 1: We have the best rundown they can try.
Speaker 3: If it was in the rundown. There's nothing else.
Speaker 4: But if you'd like to contribute to the bum down, by all means.
Speaker 3: They can, they can give it a shot.
Speaker 2: All you have to do tips at the news junky dot com, email the show. If you want to be anonymous, put it on top tips at the news junky dot com or record your video or audio dispatch and send that over. Now when we come back, we got more pre Super Bowl drama to get into and in the world of sports, because man, are we good at sports Around these parts. People are mad at the Hockey League. Yeah, tell me about it. They're on the ice with the pucks and the shot.
Speaker 4: Are they mad?
Speaker 3: Oh, they're mad.
Speaker 2: They're mad about something that happened during an NHL game and it was one of those like halftime try to hit the shot in the in the special tiny little goal for some money thing. I'll tell you what went down and why people are mad about this is an interesting story that is coming up next in the News Junkie. There's a story out there and people are pissed off about the NHL, which is interesting for a couple of reasons, because I felt like the NHL was maybe one of the more liked leagues out there.
Speaker 4: Ye sure, it's like family friendly than any of the fights and stuff that everyone to get along.
Speaker 1: Beyond that, I could see where some people would be pissed about that part. They're like, oh, the NHL is, you know, is violent?
Speaker 4: Then the little kids doing it during halftime.
Speaker 2: They had had a little bit of a scandal with a brawl on the ice, staged brawl with a bunch of kids. But now they have a different kind of of drama going on.
Speaker 3: And here's one of the stories about this.
Speaker 2: It says the NHL will All Caps not be donating one million dollars to a cancer charity because some guy named Rob didn't make a half ice shot into a tiny puck sized.
Speaker 1: Hole way to go, which is the reason they're mad at this guy. Here's the moment here. This guy's a.
Speaker 4: Cancer survivor, Rob Rob sucks.
Speaker 3: This is a cancer survivor named Rob.
Speaker 1: Higgins went to them another Tampa Bay Buccaneers Hall of Famer run Day Barber two percent a check in the amount of one hundred thousand dollars, so they gave him a Higgins. They gave him a check for one hundred thousand dollars. But if he would have made this shot, it would have been a million.
Speaker 2: And people we're mad because they're like, how dystopian to promise a million dollars to a cancer charity if some crazy feat is done and then give like a fraction of that.
Speaker 3: When the guy misses inevitably.
Speaker 4: The different thing is like, if he misses it, we're still gonna do it anyway because it's a great cause.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like that's what we would have done.
Speaker 2: We would be like, we're gonna give a thousand dollars a charity if you can you can shoot ten three.
Speaker 3: Pointers in a row.
Speaker 1: Okay, But usually the way that these we give the money though, Yeah, but usually the way that these seemingly impossible kind of games work. The half court shot, the full court shot, the tiny buckle is that the person who is making the shot win something like a car, and they don't want to pay him. They don't want to pay off for the car, so they get prize insurance and if the person makes the half court shot, they don't have to pay insurance company pays for the car, and you know, you move forward and then do it again next week.
Speaker 3: Now, can you do that for charity? For charity?
Speaker 1: You would think that, I mean, is an insurance company doing this. It's just a weird look because this is what they were mad about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the story suggesting that this guy goes up and it says this is absolutely out of touch, just classless, lowering a million dollar charity donation by eight hundred thousand dollars in more, because a cancer survivor missed a tiny, impossible target live on TV. The NHL should have built the widest net ever and asked dozens of survivors to score symbolically. So they didn't like the over promise of this. And they said, and by the way, the thing is, I feel the worst for the Rob guy because the Rob guy gets called out.
Speaker 3: He's a cancer survivor and it's.
Speaker 2: Like, Rob, if you make this impossible goal, the cancer research charity gets a million dollars. But if you miss this incredibly hard thing, then the cancer kids die.
Speaker 4: There is blood on your hands. And you survived this, but you have guilt forever.
Speaker 3: Uh huh with that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a screen way to put it.
Speaker 2: That's on you. I'm sorry. Oh let me see hold on, I want to see him. Does it show him trying and all?
Speaker 3: It doesn't? Doesn't It was that bad? Huh? Maybe they just shut the whole thing down this.
Speaker 2: I think this video might be of it here for those of you watching, you can watch the show by the way over on YouTube dot com. Slash the news junkie is this his attempts?
Speaker 3: Another version. Yeah, this looks good. There's somebody else trying it, Okay, yeah, yeah. So they have the goal and then the goal.
Speaker 2: Is completely blocked out except for one little.
Speaker 1: Like mailbox size hole. It looks like the the bulletproof glass at a seven eleven.
Speaker 3: And you got to get the whole. You gotta get the puck into that hole.
Speaker 1: And this guy wasn't a cigarettes it's not it's not great, but they are really all over them.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 3: They did at least give something to charity, right, there's something to that. I guess I do.
Speaker 1: I'm seeing NHL from their ex account. What a moment as cancer survivor Rob Higgins is presented with a two hundred thousand dollars donation courtesy of the Lightning Foundation and the NHL hashtag stadium Series?
Speaker 3: Was this a stadium series? Was that last night or this weekend?
Speaker 2: It says it was the Stadium Series matchup between Tampa Bay Lightning and Boston Bruins when this happened. So whenever that game was is when this went down. I think it was a couple of days ago, like maybe just over the weekend. And somebody says, so I gather is that the NHL could have donated a million dollars to cancer research and didn't because an average dude couldn't put the puck in a tiny hole from center ice.
Speaker 3: Cool cool cool.
Speaker 2: So the NHL could have donated a million dollars here but chose not to because the guy couldn't put a puck through a tiny hole. Some good charity work right there. They said people were upset about this because of the over promise under delivery.
Speaker 3: I guess I think it says hashtag stadium series there.
Speaker 1: I think this is the game that I saw a couple of pictures from on social media that they held at the Buccaneer Stadium Raymond James Sta. They just had a game there that they set up the hockey ice in the middle of the football field and just packed the stadium full of people.
Speaker 2: Was that the one I saw where it looked weird because it seemed like the fans were so far away for a lot of them.
Speaker 14: More.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so it was like in.
Speaker 2: The in the middle of this arena, there's a tiny little hockey rink, and it was they were so far away from it.
Speaker 3: It's in the middle of a stadium.
Speaker 1: It's a football stadium and the hockey rink is significantly you know, a regulation size hockey rink is significantly smaller than a football.
Speaker 3: Field, So it looks weird.
Speaker 1: It's cool that they packed that many people out there, there's an outdoor hockey game, but it's also there's a little bit of awkward there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you think? Let us know? Is it fine because they still gave a big donation?
Speaker 2: Should you not do like, hey, we're going to ride a huge cancer donation on the backs of this guy doing an impossible stunt, but oh, we'll give a little bit instead.
Speaker 3: Is that wrong of them to do? Let us know.
Speaker 2: Tip at the newsjunkie dot com or send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 3: Speaking at emails, Steve emails the show talking about the crows in my backyard, which are still there. They will not leave.
Speaker 2: I just I'm starting to envision I'm starting to envision like conversations amongst them where they're mad at one of the ones who led them here and they're like, I thought we were flying south for the winter.
Speaker 4: Or keep coming out with his boxers on screaming.
Speaker 3: At us, why is it thirty degrees?
Speaker 2: Did we take a wrong turn and they're all in this tree in my backyard, hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of them. And when I walk out there, something all fly up in the air, and I don't want to piss off the crows. So I am really at a loss for what to do. But Steve has some ideas. It may sound like I'm joking, but crows have good memories of people that have wronged them, and they also tell other crows about them. So maybe you wrong the crows somewhere, and this is why they're in your tree, says Steve.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope not. I don't know how to make it right here.
Speaker 2: I'm really kind of stuck on this one, so I'll take more crow advice. How to get rid of the giant tree full of crows that I have in my backy. Are literally hundreds and hundreds of them just hanging there in the cold weather.
Speaker 3: Two more real quick. This is Garrett.
Speaker 2: Garrett's talking about the door Dash conversation yesterday, and notably the younger girl who I think was gen Z and the Instagram video that I played from where her mom or sister or somebody some older person in her life filmed her as DoorDash was arriving and she door dashed popcorn from the movie theater, which is maybe the biggest waste of money.
Speaker 3: It was a big though probably do like she.
Speaker 2: Bought the thing of popcorn from the movie theater that was probably twenty four bucks, and then fees and tip and all that.
Speaker 3: Who knows what she spent.
Speaker 1: But this person says, if you think that microwave popcorn can even compare to movie theater popcorn, you're insane.
Speaker 2: Says Garrett. I understand financially that it sounds ridiculous, but you're paying for that special salt flavor call Sea Lane flag on the field.
Speaker 1: Is flavor call a word, and the flavor call is a brand that if you were to, like look up on YouTube how to make movie theater popcorn at home. I think there's a bunch of them that'll be like, you need to buy this flavor call stuff.
Speaker 2: All right, that's the salt is and he says, and buttered flavored coconut oil. Sir, let me pause here, Garrett, I will guarantee you I can find the salt, the coconut oil. I could find all of this stuff for sense, like big giant things of it, for like ridiculously low amounts of money.
Speaker 4: But I also think there's something to the popcorn machine that changes the taste.
Speaker 3: So go buy a popcorn machine.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, is it one time? Sehn Watson?
Speaker 2: Well, if the person is buying popcorn from door dash, I feel like there were repeat purchaser, and I feel like, I mean, look, anybody defending the financial savvy of this movie is far gone.
Speaker 14: You are.
Speaker 2: You are way down the road, like Dave Ramsey had an aneurysm listening to any of this, Like you're that far down the road. He says, there's a bag of popcorn in the theater costs twelve to eight dollars. Sure, the actual cost of the kernels is probably like eighty nine cents or less. Sure, it's ridiculous, but that's besides the point.
Speaker 3: No, that is the point. That is the point.
Speaker 2: And I will tell you, sir, as a man who probably goes to the movie theater and has popcorn more than you or most people, the difference between a lot of at home microwave popcorns and the popcorns that you get at most movie theaters, like in Regal or whoever the big chain is is really a tiny, little difference. It's not the biggest difference in the texture or the flavor. You can buy half of the stuff to soup up your popcorn you make it home. The point is popcorn kernels are literally one of the cheapest things you can get. You can buy a thing on Amazon for like seven dollars that you could put the kernels in, put the oil in and the salt in, and make it almost exactly like they make it at the theater. This is an example of just wasting money. You're supposed to buy the popcorn at the movie theater in one way as a bite to eat while you're watching the movie, but in another as a gesture to the business that I'm going to throw some money at you for the big, beautiful screen and the nice comfy chairs that you keep clean for us.
Speaker 3: That's sort of the deal that you would make on that.
Speaker 2: So financially, I think it's just catastrophically stupid.
Speaker 1: But this flavor call is on Amazon. It's made by gold Medal, which is a company out of Cincinnati, Ohio, and it looks like they have not changed the flav a cool. It looks like they haven't changed the packaging in just decades. They probably don't need to right oh, because I mean it's made for carnies and movie theaters. And if you look at this like the side of the box, it's like for additional profits. Consider snow cones, because we saw that too hot candy can make plenty of plus profits.
Speaker 2: I forget too for matter tasting popcorn. They've got to have this gold metal package here. Just for the record, thirty five ounces of this amazing popcorn salt is seven.
Speaker 3: Dollars for the chemicals.
Speaker 2: In that you could start the entirety of the business that creates this product something a couple one hundred dollars yourself, and then make your own popcorn when you.
Speaker 4: Feel like and deliver it to people who want to order it.
Speaker 2: It is maybe maybe you undercut You're like Undercutter's pizza, Undercutters popcorn. You could get something out of that. I just think there's no justifying some of these purchases. They're just very, very wasteful, and people have gotten allergic, it seems to cooking at home, which I think could be like such a fun thing and in our lives, just as humans wandering the world. One of the really great things besides sex that we get to enjoy is food, and so enjoy and not not No, no, I don't know.
Speaker 3: That I ever have lived well like a col zone.
Speaker 4: I'm not going into details. There's bame. There's food you can eat.
Speaker 1: Well, you're gonna say bangable food.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's bangable food. That's red thing.
Speaker 2: Get back into the idea that cooking is fun and you can enjoy yourself and you can make great stuff. And it's not some weird sign of like weakness for somebody to cook. It's it's kind of awesome. Actually, I offer to cook all the time. I am routinely turned down for various reasons on that.
Speaker 3: I don't think the reasons are various.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I probably would not be great, but at least I try, at least I attempt to try.
Speaker 4: What name one meal that you feel confident, don't.
Speaker 3: Say that's the that's the one that I'm most confident.
Speaker 2: And you put the scrambled eggs which you put a little milk in and then put them in a hot dog bun. You got the egger dogger. Dylan was moted away by him. I was motorway as a kid. It's one of the tricks that.
Speaker 4: I got sure. Dylan was mowed away by them.
Speaker 3: He asked for them. But I think about it, there wasn't a huge There wasn't a huge list of hits. It was. It wasn't like, well, I could get this if I.
Speaker 2: Wanted to, I could get No, it wasn't well, we'll see what you think about all of this. Hit us up with the dispatch of the newsjunkie dot com when we come back. A cruise ship is apologizing for something that happened to a family.
Speaker 1: This is a pretty wild story. And before you book a cruise or go on one this year, you might want to hear what happened, because that is coming up next on the News Junkie.
Speaker 2: I want to look up something real quick, Seelene, because I remember seeing this in a headline yesterday and I don't know if I've heard anybody talk about it since.
Speaker 3: But one of the big stories going right now is this mystery.
Speaker 2: We did a rundown on it on the beginning of the show, so if you missed, you can get caught up with what's happening with Savannah Guthrie, the co host of the Today Show. Her mother is missing her eighty four year old mother in Arizona and they think that she's been abducted. They think that something may have happened with her. There might have been blood at the scene. Everybody's being very cagey there about this woman being a missing person. I thought I saw double check this sea Lan. I thought I saw that there was word that she had just changed her will, that somebody that there was something about a change in her will that had just come up.
Speaker 3: But I haven't seen it in any story since then. I was just out of this.
Speaker 1: This is hard because Bill is being used a lot in the reporting of this because she's They're saying that she had been taken against her will, so it's hard to pinpoint.
Speaker 14: Mean last testament, Yeah, I just saw one headline because I was really going deep through this to catch up with everything yesterday, so I had a broad knowledge based on it, and I thought I saw something that said there was a change in her will right before this, And to me, I said that that.
Speaker 3: Seems a little odd timing wise.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know she's eighty four years old, but it still seems right, all of a sudden, there's this pressure to change.
Speaker 3: Your will for some reason.
Speaker 1: Now, I tried testament, like Sabrina said, and It says encountering Jesus in the Old Testament.
Speaker 4: For Yeah, it turns out you can find Jesus for twenty ninety nine.
Speaker 2: We might be able to find that and see if you can just scroll through and maybe even ask Ai to sort a little deeper in that. Yeah, and let me know, because I maybe I fever dreamed that one. If I did, I'll walk it back. But I thought that I saw something that said that there was an effort to make her change her will or something had changed in her will right before she disappeared, which is obviously something of note in a case like this. So let's toss that out there. Let me know, just shout out if you get an update on that cealing. Meanwhile, Royal Caribbean is getting some heat and I don't really think they did anything wrong here, even though.
Speaker 3: It appears that they apologize.
Speaker 2: Hold on the okay, it it appears that they apologized for something that happened on one of their cruises and the mother is very upset about this.
Speaker 3: Now I'm bringing up the story here.
Speaker 2: This says Royal Caribbean reportedly apologizes after mom says adult son with autism was kicked off cruise and then the quote from the mom is there there was no compassion. Royal Caribbean says they could have been more sensitive to their needs in a statement shared with the Philadelphia Inquirer. Now, the basic facts of this story.
Speaker 3: About this autistic kid, autistic adult, autistic.
Speaker 2: Guy getting kicked off this Royal Caribbean cruise is that something happened and they not only kicked them off like hey, hey at the next port or like a warning, They just like booted them in the middle of the cruise, off the shape, right into the water.
Speaker 3: He just walked the.
Speaker 2: Plank, basically made have walked the plank. And when you hear the details, I think it might change your mind just a little bit. South Jersey mom says she did everything she could to prepare for her sixtieth birthday cruise with her four sons. However, the trip came to an unfortunate end when her eldest child with autism was reportedly kicked off the ship. So's she's sixty, She's got these four kids. I think all of them are in different shapes disabled. Oh, and they said with all the information about autism, there was no compassion. Mom said they treated him as a fully functioning adult. Well, here's one of the things. Mom said, Well, they have autism a couple of my boys, but they're they're adults, so she just lets them roam freely around the ship, right, And they're roaming freely around the ship. And then afterwards Mom's like.
Speaker 3: Well, what are you doing? He has autism. He's just like a little kid. And I don't know if you could.
Speaker 2: Do both of those things, you know, I think like if you have somebody who's your family member who needs extra attention like this, I don't think you could just send them off.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like, I enjoy your cruise.
Speaker 2: We'll see on the other side, like it's some sort of babysitter situation.
Speaker 4: I think you see people do that all the time with non disabled children.
Speaker 3: Well with the disabled restaurant.
Speaker 4: That has a patio and it's like, oh, the waitress will be your babysitter now on a cruise ship.
Speaker 2: Generally speaking, children have areas to go from all the different ages, Like all different ages have like areas where they can you can bring your kid and you'll put them there.
Speaker 3: But I don't think could be wrong.
Speaker 2: Don't think that they have an area like this for adults whom I have, like autism or anything else.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure what their deal is with that.
Speaker 2: Purea detailed the events of her seven day Caribbean celebrity cruise for a report. A month before the trip, the mom says she reached out to the cruise line to inform them about her children's special needs. She has a son with autism, she says, and she has two younger boys, one with I've never heard of this mosaic down syndrome and another one with here's the thing, I haven't heard of fragile X syndrome.
Speaker 3: Let's see what the hell that is.
Speaker 2: So one of her four kids, one of her four kids has autism, the other one has mosaic Down syndrome, and the other one has fragile X syndrome.
Speaker 1: That X chromosome. That's like fragile it's subceptible to damage.
Speaker 4: Especially by folic acid deficiency. Affected individuals tend to have limited intellectual functions.
Speaker 2: All right, So she's got four kids, at least three of them are intellectually disabled in some way. So what happened In the report. Piro claims her thirty one year old son, Sean Curran, was kicked off the ship and Cozammel, Mexico on.
Speaker 3: Christmas Eve Jesus after she said Cruise of Visuals.
Speaker 2: Lacked understanding of his disability. On the fourth day of the cruise, Kerran says he was in the pool lounge when a teenage girl came up to him. The teenage girl said, will you buy me a Long Island iced tea at the bar? He said he didn't know that the drink contained alcohol, so he purchased the drink and gave it to the teenage girl. You can't do this, all right, you can't, like, you can't buy an underage kid, or buy anybody else an alcoholic drink from the.
Speaker 3: Bar and give it to him.
Speaker 2: But he goes, oh, it was a Long Island iced tea. I didn't know that this was an alcoholic beverage, YadA, YadA. So he made the purchase and gave the drink to the teenager and a.
Speaker 3: Teenager was really shooting for.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, if I'm gonna hay mister somebody, I want to get everything out of this that I can before that well drives.
Speaker 4: Up the girls like what mixers do you have?
Speaker 1: As this was Kurran's fourth cruise, he was allowed to wander on his own, so his family was not around.
Speaker 2: At the time of incident. So the family's like, look, he's not like any other adult. He's like a child. But on the other hand, we're just gonna let him wander around because he's been on a bunch of other cruises.
Speaker 3: Kurrn says.
Speaker 2: The girl proceeded to touch his chest and stomach, used profanity, and then followed him to a hot tub, where he lifted her quote like Shrek carried Princess Fiona in one of his favorite movies. Oh that's according to the report. The girl's parents later arrived screaming. So the girls were mad that this thirty one year old man was physically touching their teenage daughter and that the teenage daughter was drinking a long islandized tea that this man had purchased for her. So he was brought to a security office where he was asked to give a statement. During the questioning, he claimed he offered aology to the girl's parents and reported that he has autism.
Speaker 3: I have autism, and I was just trying to be nice, he said.
Speaker 2: Celebrity cruise employees gave him ninety minutes to pack and leave the ship. See a letter, baby, They said, get out of here. She accompanied him with one of his siblings. As they left, she said, other passengers said, look at them, they're getting kicked off the ship. It was so shameful. She thinks cruise officials could have handled the situation differently. They could have restricted him to his room or revoked his room card that allowed him to buy drinks. But when she got home, she said, Celebrity Cruise's head apologized through the parent company, Royal Caribbean, and she is asking for a twenty thousand dollars reimbursement for what she spent on the cruise. She said that according to their website, they're an autism friendly cruise line and this should risk that status.
Speaker 3: Now, I will tell you if I'm I don't know.
Speaker 2: This is tough because the autistic man is wandering around on his own.
Speaker 3: So is the teenage girl. She's wandering around on her own.
Speaker 2: She's underage on her now, I don't know if that means she's eighteen or nineteen or seventeen or fourteen. But the teenager she was wandering around, Yeah, it doesn't matter. Yeah she's under age, it doesn't matter. But like she was wandering around on her own and she gets involved in this guy and then he's grabbing her and touching her and he makes the teenager uncomfortable, and then he bought her liquor as well.
Speaker 3: What is the cruise line really.
Speaker 2: Supposed to do if anybody else did that, I think.
Speaker 3: They'd heave ho him off the ship just like this.
Speaker 4: Did she say she was uncomfortable with her parents walked up?
Speaker 3: I have the same questioning.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll go a little bit deeper into this as as we roll onto the show, because there are some more details. We got to talk more about the Super Bowl halftime show and some drama building up on that front. We're loaded up baby lots to talk about on a share the show Tuesday, and that's all coming up next in the News Junkie. The story is grabbing a lot of attention because it's about.
Speaker 3: A big cruise line. The parent company is Royal Caribbean, and they have apologized. But sometimes I.
Speaker 2: Wonder like, are they apologizing because they really looked into all this and said they really should have done it a different way, or are they apologizing because the family complained and they think, well, we don't want any more trouble with this.
Speaker 3: The story is about this family.
Speaker 2: This woman took her four kids, three of them have some form of autism or you know, intellectual disability, and she let them just kind of wander around, at least the one son that got involved in this incident on this cruise ship, and then one of them had a teenager come up to him. The teenager goes and maybe the teenager is fully taking advantage.
Speaker 3: He's like, this dude's disabled.
Speaker 4: Like the way he said it, it sounded a bit of a vibe. Didn't you say, rub it on his chest?
Speaker 2: And I yeah, I don't know if she did or not, but she did say from his perspective, the teenager comes over to him on this cruise, he said she was like rubbing on his chest and rubbing on him, and she says, will you buy me a Long Island iced tea? And he buys the teenager a Long Island iced tea, which he's not supposed to do, and the teenager then goes with him and he says he picked her up like Fiona and Shrek, which I'm just assuming, like he just means he picked up this teenager.
Speaker 4: He also says a lot about where his mind is.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, because he talking about a cartoon. Yeah yeah. And he put her in the hot tub.
Speaker 2: And then somehow her family figures out what's going on, and their family's like.
Speaker 3: He's touching her, he's rubbing on her.
Speaker 2: She's in the hot tub, she's drinking a a what I say, long island iced tea of strong alcoholic beverage. What's going on in the cruise ship kicks this autistic guy off with his mom in Mexico, right off the ship, you know, like out of here, he said, in the dark, in the dark, Yeah, was it Christmas Eve?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it says here.
Speaker 1: Let me get to the part in the Independent where they talk about just.
Speaker 2: Being on the dock, because just for the record, it should be zero tolerance that if you if you touch women without their permission on a cruise ship, or you're doing something like this with teenagers on the cruise ship, that you're booted off the ship immediately, it should be a zero tolerance thing. In my estimation that I just think that would be the best move. The only twist here is that this guy is autistic, but his family is so upset and they just kind of let him go off on his own and then when something happens with him in his family's like, well what.
Speaker 3: Do we you know, what are we supposed to do?
Speaker 2: Is well, maybe you should keep a closer eye on this kid. You can't just have the cruise ship babysit your autistic special needs adult children.
Speaker 3: And I don't know that this is what they do. Maybe I'm wrong, Maybe they know.
Speaker 2: I know that they try to get certified for autistic people to be on the ships, and they usually have different things that accommodate and celebrity cruise does have that, yes, but that doesn't mean that if you're autistic on a cruise ship that just lets you run hog wild and there's no punishment under on account of the autism.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't the same go also for teenagers? He goes, Who's to say that this would not be the same outcome if it would have been some drunk twenty year old dude.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the punishment would be if you're underage drinking on a cruise ship. Doesn't seem to me like the punishment would be the same, Like you wouldn't kick the teenager off at the next port, but you would drastically reduce the freedoms. I would guess of the person who was doing this on that ship.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But again, we'll open this up to a conversation tips of the news Yonky dot com or record a dispatch at the news junky dot com right now, go ahead to in.
Speaker 1: The version of this story. And I feel like there's not a lot of versions of this. I think we're just hearing one side of this. Yeah, we're not hearing really from the cruise line. We're not hearing much from the other family, and likely won't I think. I don't know, but this version on the Independent says after they took Kerrn's report, Pierro said she and her son were given ninety minutes to pack their things. We already talked about pack their things and leave the ship. Then they were left in Cosmel. I did not get a moment alone with Sean until we were on a dark, deserted duck in Mexico.
Speaker 3: They just dumped us.
Speaker 1: I had no cell phone service, it was pitch black and everything was closed. It was Christmas Eve.
Speaker 3: Fortunately, a paramedic flag to taxi for us who knew English.
Speaker 1: The taxi driver hotspoted his cell phone so I could look up the address of the hotel. This says Kurran. This is the autistic guy who did this. His mother is sixty years old, so he's in his thirties. I believe Kurran lives independently as possible. Well, hold on Kerran lives as independently as possible at home.
Speaker 3: Well, that's not him being independent, then, I wouldn't say.
Speaker 2: Pierro said he participates in jog training, training at the Ability Solutions of the location.
Speaker 3: Near them, has a girlfriend who she might not like hearing about this.
Speaker 2: Sings with the kind Baron's Chorus, volunteers at an animal hospital and enjoys dancing.
Speaker 3: They're having a great time.
Speaker 2: On a seven day Caribbean cruise in December to the celebrator's sixtieth birthday.
Speaker 3: Was his fourth cruise. He knew the ropes and was allowed to roam unaccompanied.
Speaker 2: Four days in the cruise, he was in a pool lounge when he said a teenage girl asked him to purchase her a long island ized tea. He bought the drink. He said he was there to contained alcohol. His mother and brothers were not with him at the time. Alcohol or not, you're not supposed to get drinks for other people at home thing. According to Kurran, the girl touched his chest and Summach used profanity and followed him to a hot tub where he lifted or like Shrek did when he rescued Princess Fiana from a dragon in one of his favorite movies. The girl's parents arrived. Okay, here's how they were discovered. The girl's parents arrived and her mother began screaming. Current said, ship personnel escorted Current to a security office, where he was asked to give a statement. He said, I have autism, and I was just trying to be nice. Apiro arrived during the questioning and said Current off an apology to the girl's parents. Current said he asked for patients and repeated what his mother taught him to say about having autism. When he encountered difficulty explaining he was given ninety minutes to pack and.
Speaker 3: Leave this ship.
Speaker 2: It was just so shameful, and they said they treated him as a fully functioning adult, and then they walked them off the ship.
Speaker 3: After that, she accepted an apology.
Speaker 2: For real Caribbean at She's asking for twenty thousand dollars, as I said earlier, for the expenses and the cruise.
Speaker 3: She just it seems like just asking for this. She's not suing at the moment.
Speaker 2: She's yeah, she's asking for twenty grand, and then the story is out there that she's done these interviews for Stacy Sherman, a spokesperson for Autism in New Jersey, declined to comment about the specific incident. Yeah, well, of course, so you wouldn't want to comment about this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you don't know.
Speaker 2: You don't know enough about what happened with this guy in this hot tub with this teenage girl. And I can tell you if I was the parents of the teenage girl, I would be very upset. I'd be like, there is a grown ass man in the hot tub with my teenage daughter and he purchased a Long Island iced tea for her. Now, to be absolutely clear, I would also be very upset with my daughter. I would be very upset with her too. But the situation doesn't look good, and I think generally speaking for these kind of accusations, they have a zero tolerance policy, it seems like, and they just boot you right off, even if it's Christmas, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: It does sound like she was trying to flirt her away into this drink. But you know what, if we're taking their side of the story as.
Speaker 3: Fact, well, all we have is their side right now. So yeah, we were going off of what we heard.
Speaker 2: He is suggesting that she seems like she was rubbing up on him and flirting and like, hey, can you get me a Long Island iced tea?
Speaker 1: Now, what's this about alcohol or not? You can't buy other people drinks on a cruise ship.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're supposed to. I think it's only I think that's only if you have the drink package. Yeah. Well if yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: In most cases, if I don't know if it's more likely than not if a person has a drink package. But if you have a drink package, I don't think you're supposed to share someone else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but sometimes it happens without someone getting kicked off the ship.
Speaker 2: And the kicking off the ship would not be for buying, for getting a drink on your drink pass and giving it to somebody else. It would be for the fact that that person was underage. And you shouldn't be giving anybody that you don't know an alcoholic beverage because you don't know if they're old enough to drink it or not.
Speaker 3: That's a no go area.
Speaker 2: And then the touching of this teenage girl in the hot tub. And maybe we'll hear more about this, but I don't know. We'll see what will keep our eyes open. I'll look on the wires, We'll see if we get any updates and share them with you. It's weird of us your thoughts over at tips at the News, junky dot commerce and a dispatch.
Speaker 3: In the meantime. It's weird the way he describes this.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's trying to convey that he didn't know how old she was, but he made sure to say like she proceeded to touch his chest and stomach and used profanity about you teenagers. Don't use profanity. You do have to change your lens on the thing.
Speaker 2: Because if this guy is legitimately autistic and has you know, is disabled, is like we're coming out from the perspective of I would expect him to do things differently. That does not mean you get to touch other people. That does not mean you get a free pass to give underage people alcohol.
Speaker 3: No, no, it doesn't mean any of those things.
Speaker 2: But it does complicate the scenario, which is why it's an interesting story, at least to me. So check that out and sending your feedback over at the Newsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: The super Bowl halftime show drama is boiling over.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, oh boy. And I guess now.
Speaker 2: They said, Roger Goodell, who's the uh is he the commissioner commission big guy headhunt show over there at the NFL that place, he's addressing some concerns about super Bowl halftime performer Bad Bunny. I don't if he's addressing concerns about Green Day too, but certainly he's been asking and answering questions about Bad Bunny performing at the super Bowl. And they did a press conference. So let's let's see what he said. Let's say what we can learn about.
Speaker 3: Your second question.
Speaker 5: I think everybody and want to listen bed Ben he was is and I think that was demonstrated last night.
Speaker 12: One of the great arsts in the world. He said that weird. It's a bad Bunny weird. I think he said, Benny. I think this was a flex. This is Roger going, oh, you know me and Bennie. But he's my pal, Benny. You know, he's I know him well.
Speaker 5: Second question, I think everybody and wanna listen bed Ben he was Yeah, he said, Benny. I think that was demonstrated last night. One of the great arsts in the world, and that's one of the reasons to be chosen. But the other reason is he understood the platform he was on and that this was this platform is used to unite people and to be able to bring people together with their goods and to be able to use this moment to do that. And I think artists in the past have done that. I think Bad Bunny understands it, and I think you have a great.
Speaker 3: Performance, say Bad Bunny, weird.
Speaker 2: He's saying that you are supposed to unite people with your super Bowl performance, not divide them. We're supposed to unite, not divide, and Bad Bunny understands this. But I don't know if he really does, or what's going to happen or.
Speaker 1: I think Roger Goodell likes eyes and ears and he knows he's getting them. And I think having Bad Bunny win Album of the Year US literal week before the super Bowl and making statements like he did is just perfect for the exposure for the buzz around the halftime show, and I.
Speaker 4: Think Bad Bunny, unless I'm completely wrong, but is going to make this a controversial performance the intention of just putting on a good show. I imagine Spanish is the big controversy.
Speaker 3: It seems no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, we've already had super Bowl halftime performers that are Spanish.
Speaker 3: It's not it's not that the English.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's it's a performance that's not even in the majority language of the country where the super Bowl is happening, and people who are watching, the vast majority of them aren't gonna understand what the hell this guy singing about. They're not gonna know that is different, that is different this time around, and I think that's what people might be reacting to.
Speaker 3: I also just don't really.
Speaker 2: Care about Bad Bunny personally, but I think that if you look at his other performances and and at the Grammys, I think he I think he said something about ice during his during his speech or whatever. I didn't watch it. I think he did go up there and say something about ice. And I don't know what he's going to do during this performance, but Roger assures everybody that he's going to unite people.
Speaker 3: He's going to bring people together.
Speaker 2: There's more about this that we need to go over because NFL players are weighing in and we'll see what they have to say. We also got students versus Ice, a rundown on all the latest Epstein stuff, all of the juice in that latest leak and release over there, and much more on a very busy share the Show Tuesday.
Speaker 3: When you spread the.
Speaker 2: Word about the News Junkie Radio show live stream and podcast, go over to the Neewsjunkie dot com slash share, follow along on all of our platforms. It's a great way to share the show today. All of that coming up next on The News Junkie. We'll get to your emails, your dispatches, and all the rest. I've got so many more things to get into, including a rundown on all the latest in the Epstein stuff.
Speaker 3: We'll see if there's anything worth mentioning over there.
Speaker 2: People are still pissed off in New York City about all the trash, but now I guess the sanitation people are responding and they're like, we're picking it up.
Speaker 3: We're doing our best out here. It's been snowing.
Speaker 2: People are panicking as if it's the first time there's been trash on the streets in New York City, it's got there's a place full of trash all the time. Why because you have Oh my god, let's say we're talking about Manhattan. How many how many acres is Manhattan? Somebody looked that up real quick. If you don't mind, how man how many acres? I want to do two things. One, how many acres is Manhattan? And how many people live in Manhattan? Because that's what the problem is. You're never going to escape this got acres?
Speaker 15: All right?
Speaker 3: How many acres?
Speaker 4: Fourteen six hundred acres?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's fourteen thousand, ay? And then how many people live in Manhattan is the other question. This is the trash problem explained in simple numbers.
Speaker 3: Actually seven million.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, almost two million people and fourteen thousand acres. These people are on top of each other, many of them, and they're in a very small, thin, skinny slice of New York.
Speaker 4: Seventy four thousand per square mile.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a lot. That's a lot.
Speaker 2: So you were going to create a lot of trash, more so than in virtually any other city in the United States of America.
Speaker 3: And then that trash has to go somewhere. But now they've filmed themselves. They're like, we're.
Speaker 1: Trying out here because people are pissed off, the city's filthy.
Speaker 3: Nobody will get the trash off the streets. I guess let me see here.
Speaker 1: I guess there's no audio in this, but they're throwing all of the trash into this truck. Here we go, we're getting it off the streets.
Speaker 2: I saw another dump truck on fire for some reason, like the back of the dump truck was all the trash was burning. Maybe that's a strategic move that they make from time to.
Speaker 1: Time, consolidates the trash a bit so they can fit more in there.
Speaker 3: Some people say it's Mom Donnie is the blame.
Speaker 2: They can't even keep the city clean, can't even keep the trash out of there when the snow is piling up. So some general concern from New Yorkers as the place gets a bit trashier, you might want to get used to that. Friends, buckle up, just more on the way. I'm sure we got a lot of emails coming in, and here is.
Speaker 3: Let's see. Oh one I wanted to talk about was.
Speaker 2: Tim who said, hey, love you all to tips at the news Junker dot com.
Speaker 3: But the meaning of.
Speaker 2: This is so hard to understand what this person was saying some of your emails. You really got to prove read a little bit. I'm going to read it as is. All right, you guys, tell me what this means. Hey, friends, still love y'all, but the meaning of wearing us of is a term of endearment. More time, Still love y'all, but the meaning of wearing us of is a term of endearment attached to the information. You requested about the Turning Point halftime super Bowl show. Yeah, we talked about that. We talked about the the programming going on for the the other super Bowl halftime show, which I think it still sounds like tittley wings.
Speaker 3: Kid Rock has sold a lot of albums.
Speaker 2: I would say tens of millions would be my guests kid Rock, But Bad Bunny has sold more albums, whether you like him or not, and he's got younger people a little more engaged, for sure than Kid Rock would in twenty twenty six. So I think the problem is just that I wish there was other television networks. It used to be the people at least tried, but now they all have given up really with the counter programming for the Super Bowl. They're like, we're just going to go into cruise control and we'll we understand that the super is going to get all the viewers for next Sunday, For this coming Sunday. I want there to be more competition. I want people to say, well, there's a big entertainment thing going on for the halftime over on another network. We'll have a different option for you, and we'll tell you about, Hey, here's what happened in the game. We'll have another halftime show for you. And I think that would be awesome. Competition. Competition tends to make things better. I think that indeed would make things better. So just my take on it. Your thoughts are welcome as well tips at the neewsjunkie dot com. All right, let's work in a dispatcher two because I haven't done any of those today. Here is Oregon Transplant talking about the cruise ship situation.
Speaker 3: A junkiees Happy Tuesday.
Speaker 4: A little bit of cruise ship lore for you.
Speaker 1: If you're an employee on this ship and you get fired, you do not get sent home.
Speaker 4: You were kicked off at whatever the nearest port is and you just have to deal with it.
Speaker 9: This does account for a part of Hawaii's homeless population, is for cruise ship employees.
Speaker 3: No, is that true? Hang on, let me ask Tjai.
Speaker 2: She's saying that people just get kicked off in the middle of the cruise and that is why there's more.
Speaker 3: Homeless people in Hawaii. Tnjai.
Speaker 2: Of Hawaii's homeless population, is any decent or significant amount of Hawaii's homeless population from people who are employed by cruise ships who were dumped off in Hawaii because they got fired during the cruise.
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 9: That's an interesting question, thank you. While there have been anecdotal reports of cruise ship employees being stranded, it's not a significant factor in Hawaii's overall homeless population. The majority of homelessness in Hawaii is due to factors like high living costs, lack of affordable housing, and economic challenges and createloment issues might contribute in isolated cases, but it's not a widespread cost.
Speaker 1: Makes sense is that, like some of these cruise ship jobs are not ones, especially if you're new to the game where you have a lot of money saved up.
Speaker 3: So if they drop your ass in Hawaii, it's not really cheap to get back.
Speaker 1: If you don't have the means because you've just been making it on your meager cruise ship.
Speaker 3: Job, you might be stuck there for a bit.
Speaker 2: I think the majority of these people are not Americans, though, So it would make sense if you had a bunch of American employees and then you fire them and they get stuck getting off in Hawaii, and now they're stuck in Hawaii.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the breakdown is.
Speaker 2: What's the breakdown of cruise ship employees being, especially in the service side, being American versus not America.
Speaker 1: It varies based on the cruise line. Yeah, because Royal Caribbean has a lot of Caribbean people that you know work the bars in the ships. And then you just went on Princess and you said there was a lot of yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, entire staff, the nicest people you've met in your life, and very hard workers.
Speaker 3: That's what they got to do.
Speaker 2: Like when they're operating a place is like cruises that go to Europe and France and stuff, they're not going to have French workers. French workers are the worst, they're the well, they're ruin everything. Go look at Disneyland, Disney World, Paris, Disneyland, Paris, whatever it is, go look at that.
Speaker 3: The French are the worst.
Speaker 2: They don't want to work for nothing, their garbage, their work culture sucks. And the Indians are like, we'll do it. Hell yeah, we'll put the work in. We want to stack some money and bring our families out of poverty. And so they oftentimes a lot of these cruise lines will have these people who they're bringing in, and they're bringing them in from other countries, and yeah, I think they want to sometimes make them all from the same or similar nationality so they have good cohesion with each other. And I saw a lot of that on my cruise. But thank you for the dispatch, much much appreciated. Last one for now, Also about the cruise ship. Here's funny name.
Speaker 8: Hey guys, hay day hey with the cruise getting kicked off the cruise ship storytistic kid. It doesn't quite pertain to this, but it reminded me of a story the other day where somebody who had disabilities wasn't capable of doing something and pitched a bitch and complained that it wasn't inclusive. Not everybody gets to do everything. If you're a you know, quadriplegic, you don't get the ride roller.
Speaker 3: Coasters, not anymore.
Speaker 8: If you're five thousand pounds, you don't get to go skydive.
Speaker 1: And not everything is for everyone.
Speaker 8: And if you're so deficient because of your autism that you don't know not to buy sixteen year old girls drinks, maybe you don't get to go on cruises. Not everything has to be for everyone. We can't cater to everybody's individual specific needs.
Speaker 3: It just makes no sense to me.
Speaker 2: Thank you, funny name. I appreciate the dispatch. You can give yours as well. Record one at thenewsjunkie dot com. You'll see it right there on the main page. It record dispatch and you're on the show just like that, or email tips.
Speaker 3: At the news chunky dot com when we come back the next episode with Sabrina.
Speaker 2: What's coming up on the next Episode's.
Speaker 4: Theode and a headline I never thought I would read out loud. Bernie Sanders makes orgasm Machine. We got the numbers leading up to the big sports game this weekend, including how much we're betting and how little we know about that. Not so good Cottondiale plus Billie Eilish under fire for not putting her mansion where her mouth is. All that and so much more coming up on the next.
Speaker 3: Episode, and that is coming up next on the news Junkie.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get to your emails, we'll get to your dispatches, we'll get to that the Epstein rundown. Did you miss anything? I mean, it's kind of stunning to be that no one extra has been arrested. Nobody has been arrested, nobody's been charged, no additional people. No matter what team you're connected to, everybody's yelling at everybody else. Nobody's been charged, no additional charge, No, not one, not a single one. But there's some decent and interesting drama in there, so we'll stir that up in just a bit. But right now it's time to get into it. Let's do the next step episode.
Speaker 3: Because there's a lot on TV and you can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else are you gonna talk about?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 16: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Mistere? It's time for the next episode with Sabrina.
Speaker 4: Hey, hold up the next episode. Bah to you buy that mortgage guy? Do on that mortgage guy? Don dot com The Home Loans radio show you can tune into every single weekend. Or if you want to get the process started of buying your first stream home or perhaps refinancing home you already own, then you got to work with that mortgage guy Don. He made it easy. He's got all of the information for you. And just at the point where you're like, I'm too confused, we're gonna put it off, stop yourself and get in direct contact with him. You have all the ways chat. You can talk to him life on the air, during the Homelands radio show, email, maybe become penpals, but just know you have peace of mind every single time you work with that mortgage guy. Don go to that mortgage guy Don dot com.
Speaker 3: Do miss the vocal.
Speaker 4: Mortgage guy dot com. Eighteen years ago, two thousand and eight, Space was involved. Yeah, the Greater Outdoors.
Speaker 3: That's what they call it. I've heard it.
Speaker 4: And on this eighteen years ago two thousand and eight, NASA beamed a song in two the universe. Hell yeah to Polari's exact that are known as what thirteen.
Speaker 3: Points polaris better known as some little dipper. No oh no, but you were the north star that is correct.
Speaker 4: Points for you now you can take away Sea Lion's points if you could tell me what song was beamed towards the North Star?
Speaker 3: Baby got back? That's Sir mix a Lot. I was gonna say Baby one more time, right, neither one of the best knighted people in all of music, Sir mix a Lot.
Speaker 4: It was the Beatles song Across the Universe getting Oh Okay. The unique broadcast celebrated the fortieth anniversary of the song and the forty fifth anniversary of NASA's Deep Space Network, which communicates with its distance probes, and the fiftieth anniversary of the Space Agency. Even at the speed of light, the signal would take four hundred and thirty one years to reach its destination, as hilarious is two point five quadrillion miles away from Earth.
Speaker 3: Still time for them to write us back. I just want to say flag on the field. What I said, the Little Dipper, and technically the North Star I believe is in the Little Dipper. So we verify right that it was pointed at the Little Dipper, because both would be correct, north Star and Little Dipper.
Speaker 4: We're going to go back to the tape and get confirmation from the first page on Google Search.
Speaker 3: I just want to put that on the record.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that, and let the record reflect that it is put there. Now let's go to a new record, because it's a big sports game time fellas. Yeah, sleeping, dreaming, bleeding, breathing, the big dance that is not basketball. Am I allowed to say that?
Speaker 3: Sure? Super Bowl? Yeah, it's only for ads of the stuff.
Speaker 4: Gotcha, Well, the bets are ready, are happening. I just want to let you know that Americans are legally betting a whole bunch of bukaroos. Americans will spend a record one point seventy six billion dollars really just legal Super Bowl bets.
Speaker 3: That's a lot. That's crazy.
Speaker 4: Think about under the table, too nasty. The American Gaming Association, no single event brings fans together like the Super Bowl and in parentheses makes us more money. And this record figures just how much Americans enjoy sports. Betting is part of the experience. They add, it's important to choose legal, regulated sports books.
Speaker 3: You like to do you like to behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: I want to. I want the risk of someone showing up to my front door with a.
Speaker 3: Bat, some dodgy man with a mustache. He's like takes his loss everything.
Speaker 4: It's like, no, I'll triple down right now, last second. He's wearing a fedora, Money gone, and I don't know if there's any bets when it comes to the Super Bowl halftime performers.
Speaker 3: There's got to be right. And his name bad Bad Bunny.
Speaker 4: Bad Bunny is right, and that makes you one of the six and ten Americans who know who bad Bunny is. According to a new pole, six and ten Americans know who?
Speaker 3: Do they know any song?
Speaker 14: Is this?
Speaker 3: That's my question.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they've heard sixty percent of Americans. I'm sure I've heard of Bad Bunny, But do they know a song?
Speaker 4: Great question, let's see. Let's dive into the show. He Sixty percent also say his performance it's good for Latino cultural representation. Hispan ex gen Z millennials have the most positive reaction to Bad Bunny, more likely to watch the halftime show because he's doing it. As for the theme of the show, twenty two percent think his best bet is to focus on the fun party atmosphere. Sure well, only five percent think he should explore political or social themes and those people we like to call s stirs. He would love to see it so ethnic and age groups Americans are more interested in watching Bad Bunny then turning point Usay's All American half time show. Even deerformers accor into this pool. A bunch of non American halftime performers that nobody ever complained about. Worth mentioning, we had sting you two Rolling Stones, Rihanna, Shakira, cold Play, Paul McCarty, Shania Twain is going to.
Speaker 3: They all had songs in English, The Who and the Weekend.
Speaker 1: Now we do have.
Speaker 4: A bit of an update on the big non super Bowl halftime performance, the All American Halftime Show as they are calling it. We've got a place to watch it, I think, okay, where according to Sinclair, all their digital stations charge a national news desk, are gonna stream then All American half time show. So the big middle finger to the advertisers or.
Speaker 3: Something on Sinclair local TV stations are going to play.
Speaker 4: And Sinclair was the involved in the Jimmy Kimmel stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's a pretty big owner of the like local TV.
Speaker 4: Stations, twenty NBC stations around the country, NBC and Peacocker airing the also All American super Bowl halftime show featuring Bad Bunny in Green Day from California. Sinclair will try to lure audiences away to their own digital streams where Kid Rock is gonna BA with Duba all that around eight pm on Sunday, good Luck to every.
Speaker 1: Which is weird because Sinclair does own stations that are airing the super Bowl at that time.
Speaker 4: They're going to say, go to our digital platform.
Speaker 2: There's no way that they're going to like preempt their actual super Bowl Hot time performance because there's no a NBC would let them do that.
Speaker 3: I don't think they would be able to do that or NFL.
Speaker 4: Or costing controversy and see what happens forgiveness permission, maybe we shall see or should we bet right now and.
Speaker 3: For realness sue them out of existence.
Speaker 4: I think they do no betting, And while we're here talking about halftime performers.
Speaker 3: We get bat. I'm willing to bat. I bet that they do not.
Speaker 4: That they do not.
Speaker 2: I bet they do not interrupt NBC's performance on their stations to ara a different halftime performance and then go back to NBC coverage.
Speaker 3: I think that was a commercial.
Speaker 4: How about a commercial saying you want to see Kid Rock in the All American halftime show.
Speaker 2: Oh right now, now they they I wouldn't be blown away if they sold them an ad, even though they would be upset about that.
Speaker 3: But would they be able to afford one?
Speaker 4: This is where comes in.
Speaker 3: How m should I say? It was three three mil? No more than that? Right?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Nine mili?
Speaker 4: Super Bowl between three and nine mili, and feel good about my bet will be.
Speaker 3: Thirty dollars.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: About I think I said nine million dollars or something, but they're not showing it in any of these articles that I'm looking up. Seven millions for thirty seconds exists that a lot.
Speaker 4: Of inflation much Just a little bit more zeros on that number and you'll get the number that this group was paid for their entire music catalog.
Speaker 3: Oh that is perfect.
Speaker 4: Deeptones have sold most of their music rights to Warner Music Group, according to a new report. The deal took place sometime in the past two years, but nobody knew about it.
Speaker 3: They're changes such as my own Summer change, my own summer.
Speaker 1: Change, and the one where he goes job back, job back, Oh my own Yeah, yeah, so that's a good one.
Speaker 4: Exact money has not been revealed, but they're estimating anywhere from forty one million to seventy five million dollars.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with my own summer and change and congratulations too many more successful music catalog sales or whatever on the boop Tube Coast to Coast Tuesday. Good luck Maverick, Celtics, Blazers and Suns to our special MLK Junior Beloved Community Awards on bt Star Search on Netflix, Mo Gilligan in the Moment on Netflix as well, and you can catch Mark Ruffalo and Cole Bear follow your dreams of me on Instagram at Sabrina Ambro most importantly say it with me. I'm Medican smoke.
Speaker 3: We thank you, Sabrina. I saw it's just a graveyard out there. There's a graveyard out there.
Speaker 2: At daytime TV, Kelly Clarkson said, Signinara.
Speaker 3: Suckers and Cherry Shepherd and Sherry Shepherd. Yeah, I'm ant of.
Speaker 2: Them, both of them saying yesterday Cherry Shepherd was the one who stepped in for Wendy Williams and has been doing the show in her place basically. And then Kelly Arkson has been doing her show for a while now and both done.
Speaker 3: Both said enough to up Jolly Clarkson says she wants to spend more time with her kids and stuff, and the message that she had released he said, she said, I've been fortunate to work with this crew. Not an easy decision.
Speaker 2: Stepping away from the daily schedule will allow me to prioritize my kids, which feels necessary and right for this next chapter of our lives.
Speaker 4: As she said, so the show was a warm up guy for her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Look, Daytime TV is still printing money. There's a big audience of viewers for that.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know who they would bring over there, but I always thought she seemed kind of nice. She's less touchy than Drew Barrymore. Drew Barrymore is kind of weird. I like Drew Barrymore, don't get me wrong. I'll defend her and I like her, but I think that her emotional meter was turned up a little too high at some point in time, and she's a little a little bizarre as a result of that.
Speaker 3: But I do like her.
Speaker 2: She's still doing her thing. Kelly Clarkson zapped Sherry Shepherd. Wow, I'm gone out of here no more. We'll see if you have any reaction to that when we come back.
Speaker 1: Does it sound to you like Kelly Clarkson made this choice, because it doesn't sound to me like Sherry Shepherd did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Sherry Shepherd won. I got the vibe that they were just canceling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're staying canceled after four seasons, and I think I think Kelly's been on quite a bit longer, even though Sherry.
Speaker 2: What not bad though for Sherry Shepherd to step in when Wendy Williams, God only knows what happened there.
Speaker 3: But for four whole years, Yeah, it's not too bad.
Speaker 4: And that was, you know, in addition to a whole season of like is Wendy coming back? Okay, I'll be guessed. All right, I'm taking over the show. It was a long time that there was just rotating guests and then just Sherry Shepherd still Wendy show though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's it's not doing that anymore. Unfortunately, they say as of immediately Seiland or like at the end of the and the word did it say?
Speaker 1: Season four of Sherry will continue airing until the fall.
Speaker 3: Brutal, brutal stuff.
Speaker 2: Hey, I got a killer jury duty on deck in the next hour with some really amazing stories. Actually believe or not. I got this Michael Jackson story of new audio. I'll play it for you that we didn't get into yesterday on the show and the Epstein Rundown.
Speaker 3: We're gonna run it on down and we'll see what was in these files.
Speaker 2: There's some interesting little tidbits that I think people have been missing.
Speaker 3: What's going on. Will give you the full rundown that's coming up next on the News Junkie. Some pretty interesting stories on the way.
Speaker 2: But I want to do a rundown here because everybody's been talking about this latest dump of files and the whole Epstein thing. And please don't roll your eyes into the back of your head just yet. Okay, some of you are completely over this, but I've tried to see what we got.
Speaker 3: Is there anything juicy in this latest dumped? I don't know how could you be over this? I think I find some of it fascinating.
Speaker 2: A lot of people aren't into it at all. A lot of people are like and you know why. I'll tell you why. I see Lane the reason why. I think a lot of people, not a majority by any means, but some growing audience of people is over the Epstein Files is because no one has been charged, nobody, not a single person, millions and millions of files. Everybody is like just so sure that their op is the worst person in the world because they were in a couple of these emails or whatever. And nobody, not one Republican, not one Democrat, no, not one person has been charged with anything that has been released in all of these files out there.
Speaker 4: You have Julane obviously in jail, and then Prince Andrew has not been criminally charged, but has seen a significan and fallout considerable.
Speaker 2: Oh, he has had a reputational damage on the level of Nagasaki, Like he's the guy is forever reputation damaged because he was really close in proximity to Epstein. Prince Andrew was like top of the list, is weirdo, creepo got Here's what I got for you. The rundown on the latest of the Epstein files. Victims are upset. They're complaining of getting death threats as to some of the files were released without redactions, the songs.
Speaker 1: That there were some files that were released without redactions and some nude photos.
Speaker 3: That's true. Yeah, I've got some of that.
Speaker 2: I'll share you in a second here in the rundown, I think the rundown's not going to include nude photos?
Speaker 3: What the hell you hell you're thinking?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 1: I you know, I thought this was going to be one of your lesser rundowns. No, this is as always fully charged.
Speaker 2: The Justice Department said Monday it had withdrawn thousands of documents in media related to disgrace financier Jeffrey Epstein, after lawyers complained to a New York judge that the wives of nearly one hundred vis have been turned upside down. You've got the like the Tuggle war between people who are like, where.
Speaker 6: Are they at?
Speaker 3: Man? Who is all the distraction? Released all the files?
Speaker 2: And then you release the files and you didn't take enough time to scrub somebody's name out somewhere. And the battle between those two is leading to these people getting caught in the middle. The exposed materials included nude photos showing the faces of the potential victims, as well as names, email addresses, and other identifying information that was either unredacted or not fully obscured.
Speaker 3: What are the victims said?
Speaker 2: This whole thing was life threatening, which is again very weird because you have a lot of times the media will trot out these Epstein victims that are like, release.
Speaker 3: Them all, now, release them all this second.
Speaker 1: I'm not very curious as to how these people are already getting death threats, because how do you even get through that many of the files to find the names.
Speaker 4: It's like one point five million documents something.
Speaker 3: Like, Yeah, it's more than that total. I mean, there's so many files that have been really.
Speaker 2: And as I said, he if they released all these files, sometimes we'll see a PDF of a thousand pages, but it's just every email the guy got, and it's newsletters, and it's like so much nothingness within those there's some interesting things and I'll give you more of those in a moment in the files. More from Prince Andrew, who Sabrina mentioned earlier. More from Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, who's made a public apology for letting Jeffrey Epstein pay off some of her debts.
Speaker 3: He picked up the tab on some things that she owed. The billionaire.
Speaker 2: Tesla founder Elon Musk turns up a few times in these emails in twenty twelve and twenty thirteen, where he discussed going to Epstein's infamous island. He did not ever go there, according to Musk and everybody else you wanted to.
Speaker 3: The Clinton say he did not go.
Speaker 2: The Clinton say they did not go there either. Despite the push on that front, Richard Branson had some exchanges with Epstein. Ranson invited Epstein to his own private Caribbean islands.
Speaker 3: So I've seen what you got.
Speaker 1: Come over where I am. Is there any time you're in the area. Would love to see you, as long as you bring your harem. Branson telling him to bring his harem, which is a collection of whores. If I'm correct, it was the definition of harem is it Does it have to be whores?
Speaker 3: I thought that's what I thought. It was a collection of warmer.
Speaker 4: Times, separate part of a Muslim household for wives, concubines and females concubines.
Speaker 3: The concubine is another word for like a well, I don't know if it has to be a hooker, like a four.
Speaker 4: The man that has lower status than his wife or wives.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's your concubine. That's from usually I think from Japanese culture. That's right, friends, you heard it here first. I was talking about the country of Japan. Japan, Donald's from the Latin roots to that, at least that that word what to concubine. Yeah, oh, I know it most from Japanese culture where they'll talk about concubines, but I'm sure it's in other ones as well. I guess Donald Trump was also in the files here, and he was friends with Epstein. They were palm beachers before they had a falling out, and then they appeared to hate each other afterwards. The new troph of documents contained thousands of references to Trump, much of which shed's little additional life on their relationship. They included emails in which Epstein and others shared news articles about him. So when this is the thing that people do, they everybody lies about so much stuff. There's so much lying going on that I hate it. So, for instance, before I get into what's happening, here a comparison the number of mass shootings in the United States of America, which, by the way, I think has dropped in the last couple of years. Good, let's look at us and go let's put down some worse numbers on that one if we can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's let's see what let's see we can't even make them worse than this.
Speaker 2: But the the numbers of mass shootings and the States of America aren't already very impressive in the worst way. Number people tend to think of school shootings and horrible targeted attacks on public places as these mass shootings. When activists get involved, they try to make things even seem even worse than they are. This is the case with almost all forms of activism, climate activism and all the rest. And they'll start to include things that no one in the world thinks of as a mass shooting. A drive by shooting is not the thought of many people to be a mass shooting, and they'll inflate the numbers. The same thing is done with a lot of the people in the Epstein files. People will go Bill Clinton was mentioned four twenty two times. Trump has mentioned two hundred and ninety eight times. I have no idea what the numbers are. I'm just making these up, But they'll say the person was mentioned that many times. It could just be a whole bunch of articles in emails that have nothing to do with anything. But you know, we go back to the thing that Seelane said. Now, it's at the point where if your name's in there. You're just your name is much. As a result, Bill Clinton spent time with Epstein in about two decades ago, including flying occasionally on his private jet and scene at the White House. Clinton also denied any knowledge of Epstein's wrongdoing. Stephen Tish, the New York Giants co owner, has mentioned four hundred times in the files. In a twenty thirteen exchange, the New York Giants co owner had the subject line Ukrainian girl, and Epstein encouraged Tish to contact a particular woman who's physically physical beauty he praised in crude terms pro or civilian. Tish, the owner of the co owner of the New York Giants, asked in a reply which I'm sure as asking whether or not this person was a prostitute. Brett Ratner, the person behind the Milannia Trump documentary that's out in theaters right now, he's actually responded about his involvement. He says the woman that he's pictured with was his former fiance and that he had never had any communication before or after that with Epstein, seeing that she was the one who knew him and they got invited there. That's his side of that Casey Wasserman president of the twenty eight twenty twenty eight Summer Olympics in Los Angeles, exchanged flirty emails with Glain Maxwell, who Barack the form former Israeli Prime Minister Larry Summers, Clinton's former Secretary of the Treasury Howard Lutnick, who Lutnik. Lutnik was a Commerce Commerce secretary under President Trump. Sergey Brinn, the former Google co founder billionaire, had made some plans to meet with Epstein and Maxwell at his townhouse.
Speaker 3: A lot of the celebrities go by there. Steve Bannon and this is the big one for me.
Speaker 2: Steve Bannon and Michael Wolf are These are two like, not politicians, These are two people in media punditry, two journalists, you might say, loosely, two journalists that were huge, huge confidants with Epstein after they knew of all the things that he was doing. Steve Bannon exchanged tons of text messages with Epstein, some just months before his arrest in jailhouse suicide. Steve Bannon was in very close contact with Epstein, as was Michael Wolf the journalist. And that dude is still making videos today like he's suffering no reputational harm as a result.
Speaker 3: Of this.
Speaker 2: I think I have him in the mix here somewhere. I'll see if I can bring that up, because he was here. Here's Trump talking about the files.
Speaker 3: Let's see it.
Speaker 15: And no, he made a statement about me and Jeffrey Epstein's I have nothing to do with that.
Speaker 3: I have nothing to do with Jeffrey epsin.
Speaker 15: And in fact, if you look at the DOJ they announced, you know, they released three median pages is all they're supposed to be doing. And frankly, the DOJ I think should just say we have other things to do, because that whole thing started out, I mean other than Bill Clinton and you know, Bill gateson lots of people that have there are a lot of questions about it, but nothing on me.
Speaker 2: That it's not worthwhile because all it uncovered was a lot of other people doing this to everybody but me. M yeah, it seems a little weird. The Gates thing had there was a weird part of that.
Speaker 3: It's Bill Gates. Yeah, it seemed like they're uh.
Speaker 1: Like Epstein was like kind of upset at the at their their breakup, him and the old gatester.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like.
Speaker 2: Epstein was putting stuff in his emails about Bill Gates that wasn't even legit. I don't know for sure, but he was saying, like Bill Gates reached out to him to try to get medicine for the woman that Bill Gates gave an STD, or his wife got an STD or something.
Speaker 1: Or he got an STD from like a Russian girl or something. And a lot of this was like Epstein sending emails to himself and I don't know, you know, what to believe what not to believe on some of these fronts.
Speaker 2: Here's Michael Wolf, the journalist I mentioned who's in this NonStop, and he just keeps trying to reframe all of it, even though he was offering pr advice, public relations advice to Epstein, even after all these horrible things came out and it was well known that this stuff was going on.
Speaker 17: For a while, learning and found that Donald Trump had threatened to sue me again. I think this is the third or possibly fourth time the President of the United States has threatened to sue me. Apparently, he was asked about his reaction to the three million pages of Epstein files that had been released, and his response was that, well, he was going to sue Wolf, a writer, because I had conspired with Epstein to frame him, I think was his point.
Speaker 3: And yes, I tried to encourage Jeffrey.
Speaker 17: Epstein in any way. I knew how to come forward with what he knew about Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Right, He's a really softball in this.
Speaker 2: Here he is in a lot of back and forth with Jeffrey Epstein, this Michael Wolfe journalist guy about how he could like revive his career and stuff. And he's not alone in the journalist's front the CBS guy.
Speaker 3: Did that guy get fired or what? Zealand?
Speaker 2: Is it just like because they're likes the CBS journalists. All the stories were like he's going to be fired, He's about to be fired. And he apologized the CBS journalist Peter Attia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, he says he's ashamed after the emails became public. Well, it was like, dude, you were emailing Jeffrey Epstein in twenty fifteen, so I think it was pretty well known some of the stuff that he had been involved with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, quite a bit.
Speaker 3: And you're making jokes about yeah, as a being low carb. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Has the first day this week the removal was not yet official finalized.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this says a battle is broken out between Paramount Corporate and CBS News cheap Barry Weiss over cutting ties with new contributor Peter Adia. That's the guy who was in all these emails, and he wrote this super long thing. In one twenty fifteen email, this CBS journalist said the worst part about being your friend to Epstein is that the life you lead is so outrageous and I can't tell a soul. In another twenty sixteen email, the CBS journalist joked about a diet with Epstein by saying the P word is indeed low carb. Still awaiting results on gluten though, so he was. He emailed him over a thousand times, I guess, and this guy is now an employee over at CBS News and is hanging on by a thread. Anything else, let me just see again. Go to jmail jmail dot world. That's a really good source to kind of sift through these. It looks like it's a Gmail account and you can and see all of the files in there. TMZ said, the first look at the trove of porn seized by the Feds, and are these the people who said that they were naked in the files? These are all censored, but uh, Okay, I don't know. Is this just like he saved some adult images from the internet porn? Oh no, no, no, he's in that one though. Yeah that's him there, Yeah, that's him with the naked.
Speaker 4: Person the one above with that like very pink couch or yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: That and that looks like from some you know, adult website, a bunch of women fully censored a bunch of stuff like he just got from different adult websites.
Speaker 3: But he was in at least that one.
Speaker 2: Here's an ex hamster video, So I guess these were in the release and some of the people who are complaining were uncensored in these photos.
Speaker 3: However, it only looks like.
Speaker 2: One of them actually included him as well. And then to this, sky News said as a response to a whole bunch of people online said, I think it was a response to their own post, said Prime Minister Sir Carr. Starmer has responded to the latest release of the Epstein file, saying the convicted sex defender's victims should be the priority, and sky New says being mentioned in the Epstein files is not a sign of wrongdoing. That post got thirty four million views and people were just roasting them. People really believe it doesn't matter if your name is in this, you must be a bad guy, which was tough. I'm sure on John Stewart and on Jay Z and push A T and all the other people who ended up in these files somewhere, and it just was a huge net because it's like every email.
Speaker 3: Ever.
Speaker 2: The Clintons have agreed that they're going to testify in the coming weeks and we'll see what's going on with them.
Speaker 3: Some of the stuff though, just to wrap it up, was Prince Andrew.
Speaker 2: The video are the photos of him over some person on the floor, which was soon super weird. That was one of the weirder things that came out. It's like him and some person is laying on the ground. He's like touching all over this person. And then did you see Epstein chasing the person around to no, let me see.
Speaker 4: In the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like little girls Epstein kitchen. Let me see if I can bring this up. This one was one of the weirder things. Okay, I think this is it right here, dancing with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a different one.
Speaker 17: Okay, this is just.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey Epstein dancing with some person. I got to get the one where he's in the kitchen chasing them around this one.
Speaker 7: This is weird.
Speaker 3: He's on the they're all blocked out, so I can't tell.
Speaker 2: There's two persons that are blocked out and he's chasing them around the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Epstein's chasing them around the kitchen island.
Speaker 4: Well, thanks, tell me what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know who. It's just weird. It's just very strange.
Speaker 2: Just like you got a guy who's so well known to be a predator at this point and he's chasing what sounds like young girls around the kitchen island in his kitchen. So again, I think there is a level of frustration, and there should be. Not Not a single person has been arrested post the release of all of this. So many people were mentioned, including Democrat Stacey Plaskett. She's absolutely her head should roll over this. Stacey Plasket, the Democrat, was taking text messages from Jeffrey Epstein as there was testimony going on allegedly in Congress, and he was suggesting questions for her to ask to the people who were testifying. All of it is rubbish, it's gross, it's disgusting, But nobody's been arrested, and that's.
Speaker 3: The weirdest thing. That's the thing I think that stands out to a lot of people. So all right, well, I'll see what you think.
Speaker 2: About this and everything else I said, as I said, a packed jury duty on the way, including a story that absolutely blew my mind.
Speaker 3: We'll get to that all momentarily. The Michael Jackson new tidbit, new audio on Michael Jackson that is coming up next in the news, Chunky Sea Lane.
Speaker 1: How is the word universe taking this rule change that's been pushed Out's a better question for Sabrina. She's the one that plays more often.
Speaker 3: I know you played this game. You play Sabrino every single day.
Speaker 4: I believe I just hit my one hundred and fortieth day in a row.
Speaker 3: Thank you, And they changed one of the big rules.
Speaker 4: I did not notice a rule change.
Speaker 3: Oh really, yeah, what happened.
Speaker 2: They said the editors of the New York Times Games. I've announced that old word solutions, which were previously retired after every game, are now added back into the pool of possible answers. Oh, which I didn't even know that was a thing. So that I guess once you uncovered.
Speaker 1: A word some point, you're gonna run out of five letter words and you want to Yeah, people keep using this thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I've played twelve hundred eighty two games. Oh my god, Current Streak one forty two. Also Jack Bradshaw's in on it. But I believe when I go to send my score to somebody, yeah, it's word number one thousand, six hundred.
Speaker 3: And ninety's that's of all of it, of all of it.
Speaker 4: So now they're reusing words, which makes sense.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there are some people who like write it down, who have actual like books of what word is used in strategy, and I'm more just six o'clock in the morning, trying to wake up, get my brain going. First word I think of kind of go.
Speaker 2: I think they probably weren't thinking this far down the road. They were like, well, plenty of five letter words will be able to do even win.
Speaker 1: That one guy, Matt Wardle or whatever his name was, coded the website just for fun.
Speaker 3: Wow, what a thing man, that guy. He made this game up.
Speaker 2: It became immensely popular very quickly, and with ceiling maybe you could find this. I'm not sure if this is something that we could get the details on. What was the time between when he created Wordle and when he got a payoff.
Speaker 3: From the New York Times. I don't think it is long, Okay, it was released. It lists publishers.
Speaker 1: Josh Josh Wardle, I said Matt I was wrong Josh Wardle twenty twenty one to twenty twenty two, and this was October of twenty twenty one. By twenty twenty two, it was published by the New York Times Games, I would say less than a year acquisition by the New York Times company. On January thirty first of twenty twenty two, the New York Times, the parent of New York Times, acquired Wordle from Wardle. That's fun to read for an undisclosed price in the low seven figures, so over a million dollars.
Speaker 3: Wow, So he got over a mill.
Speaker 2: He had it up and running for less than a year, and the New York Times scooped it up and they just.
Speaker 3: They weren't planning on it to go this long, so they've made a change.
Speaker 1: He started it in twenty thirteen with an early prototype, and he initially called it mister Bugs Wordy Nugs, And then he forgot about it for a while, and then I think he got bored during the pandemic and finished it. In retrospect, that was a good name change. Yeah, I I don't know if I could New York Times mister Nugs, funny Wugs.
Speaker 3: What was it, mister bugs, wordy Nugs, mister Bugs, wordy Nugs. I don't know if it would have been as successful. I just don't. I think it's a fun name. Yeah, it's something. It's something.
Speaker 2: Updates on Savannah Guthrie from the Today Show her missing mother. This investigation is tearing wide open. The latest details of a couple hours ago. The story says that the biological DNA which was at the home of Savannah Guthrie's mom has now been submitted to local laboratories for testing. According to the sheriffs, she hasn't been seen since January thirty first, she's eighty four years old. She left without her medication, and a sheriff says there was biological DNA evidence at the home.
Speaker 3: What does that mean? You know?
Speaker 2: We heard blood, right, we heard that there was blood that was on the scene. Potentially it could mean other things too, God forbid. But a sheriff says that that biological DNA that was discovered is now being tested and they continue to say that the home was a crime scene. She has not been seen since nine to thirty pm, and they believe she was abducted in the middle of the night unwillingly from her bed. They do not know exactly what's going on with this, but they took what they believe is biological DNA type evidence.
Speaker 1: I think they're about to have a press conference on this, are they. I'd like to I'd like to tune into that if we can. I'll see if I could find it. But yeah, it's not on CNN right now. But Fox News is waiting for this to happen because they said they were like really throwing together a press conference that was supposed to be right about now, and because another tidbit that they gave alongside the biological DNA part was that I think they looked through because one of the things they found at the crime scene that kind of alluded to it possibly being a crime scene was that there her phone and Apple Watch were still at the house, Okay, and I guess they accessed the phone and found that her pacemaker stopped sinking with her Apple Watch before dawn on Sunday, Okay, Okay, So that's when they were separated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, yeah, it doesn't mean that heart.
Speaker 2: No, but it does show you the extent of her health situation and basically the technological.
Speaker 1: Equivalent of the phone or Apple watch saying hey, that's the last time I saw her.
Speaker 3: All right, let's see if we can find a stream on that. I'm seeing a lot of other you do. Okay, is it something you can send to me?
Speaker 2: Send it to me if it's live, and we'll keep this up. It's not happening now though, it's just like they're all getting ready, but.
Speaker 4: It is the live feed and yeah, it sart the Sheriff's department.
Speaker 2: Oh perfect, Yeah, this is it. This is the raw live feed from Wink News. I did it, and they're not going yet. But when they do have this press conference about the news anchor Savannah Guthrie is missing mother and the big mystery around this, we will take that. Even if it happens during the break, I'll pause it so we can listen to the majority of what's going on with this story.
Speaker 3: Here's what we know so far.
Speaker 2: If you guys have been kind of tuning in or tuning out. Savannah Guthrie is one of the hosts of the Today show someone abducted her mother a couple of days ago. She has been obviously so concerned about this that she's pulled out of all of the Olympics coverage and everything else. The Sheriff's office, when they talk about this, seem almost scared and hesitant to share some of the details. I don't know if that means that they're shocking or if they're worried about that giving up too much information. They've said they're looking at sexual offenders I think they had said specifically in the area. They say they're testing this DNA. Does that mean there was some kind of evidence that a sexual attack took place and that's the DNA they're testing, or is the DNA blood we literally it's unclear, but this all looks very bad.
Speaker 3: There's a.
Speaker 1: A bounty out there, I guess I should say, for what two thousand, five.
Speaker 3: Hundred dollars twenty five a reward.
Speaker 2: Of up to twenty five hundred dollars, which again seems incredibly low.
Speaker 3: But that all is out there right now on the line, and what we're going to do is keep on this.
Speaker 2: The Pima County Sheriff's Department will have a presser about this if it happens during the break, I'll stop it and we'll make sure you get to hear everything that goes down in jury Duty. Also, I have some jaw dropping stories in jury duty that not a lot of people are mentioning that.
Speaker 3: Are going down in courtrooms.
Speaker 1: One about the uber driver that was shot just I think it's one of the most interesting stories of the year.
Speaker 2: So we'll have that as well. It's all coming up next in the News Junkie. Savannah Guthrie is the co host, one of the main hosts of the Today Show, and her mom has been abducted in a very very confusing set of circumstances here, and so we want to see what's happening to this press conference to get these additional details. In fact, let's do that. I got some wild stories for jury duty, So let's get into it. Let's do jury duty or it.
Speaker 17: Is now in session, and so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to with your ass your knowing Jury duty with the News Junkie.
Speaker 2: Surrey Duty brought to you by the one the only modiate of the DeWitt Law Firm. Injured on the go, Just Calmo eight hundred, Calmo eight hundred CALLMO or go to just Callmo dot com. If you are in an accident, reach out to Moses DeWitt. He is there to help you and he will assist in whatever way he can. And in terms of going after the insurance companies, this is your guy. Eight hundred CALLMO eight hundred, CALLMO, or go to just Callmo dot com. All right, press conference for the missing mother of a news anchor from the Today Show. Here is the sheriff and they're they're talking about what happened here. Maybe we'll get some new bombshells on this to you.
Speaker 7: Right here.
Speaker 11: He is sometimes I'm speaking in generalities, and I'm not used to everybody hanging on to my words and then trying to hold me accountable.
Speaker 2: This is the sheriff, very loud, but I can turn them up if we need too.
Speaker 7: So we're going to try our best.
Speaker 3: We turn him up a little bit.
Speaker 7: Sync with you in the future. And also more important for you to understand is we have a lot of work in front of us.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 7: We have a job to do and we have someone's life who is at in jeopardy.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so job number one is we got to find her, and we gotta work hard to do that. I understand there's great attention on this, and rightfully so, and I appreciate it, and I thank you for it because it has generated a lot of leads for us, and so we're tracking those leads and we're doing things with evidence that you would expect us to be doing.
Speaker 2: All right, now, he brings up somebody else to discuss whatever new leads are coming in, So let's listen in here's important.
Speaker 6: We are aggressively pursuing and looking into every single one.
Speaker 1: Again, please help us bring Nancy Guthrie home.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Oh that was a short statement. Questions, we'll take some questions. Yeah, let's go there.
Speaker 5: Indication so far as to whether this was a random abduction or.
Speaker 3: Market random or targeted.
Speaker 11: It's like I said earlier, you know, we're looking at all the leads and well, we don't know. We're going to we're going to assume both sides of that, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's he gives me the vibes of like a real small town sheriff, so he doesn't have a lot of experience with a massive case like this, and something.
Speaker 4: Earlier right before he said, we'll take questions where it's like, uh, we'll get your questions. I know you have a lot of them, but then I'm gonna leave because we have a lot of work to do and we're gonna be doing this for the next couple of days. He's kind of an next couple of days gives me the vibe that they've got nothing.
Speaker 3: It doesn't seem like it, but maybe give some up we or well, was she wearing.
Speaker 1: Any identifiable information that the public could use to.
Speaker 11: Help with those?
Speaker 3: We do not great.
Speaker 7: I just no clue it could have been one. It could have been there.
Speaker 4: From getting concerned sheriff, Is there someone else can these questions?
Speaker 3: Wait? You got you guys want many know answers on this stuff. I don't know. I don't know what the hell is going on. Is there any education that any education? She's alive, still her medication? We hope, we all we hope, we hope. We are looking for somebody still on I.
Speaker 11: Why do you believe? Well, we have crime in Tucson all the time, right like any city, and so there when you say a threat to the public, is there somebody out there who's kidnapping elderly people.
Speaker 7: In the middle of the night every night. We've not heard that. We don't believe that's the case.
Speaker 11: We by believe Thatancy was taken from a home against her wheel.
Speaker 7: And that's where we're at when you reference.
Speaker 1: Violence at the site, your elaborate on that.
Speaker 3: And also, yeah, what do you got any valuables.
Speaker 18: Taking any bag or ATM cars used after it is spend?
Speaker 7: We don't. We're not getting into that. What I tell you is, like any crime scene, we processed this crime scene.
Speaker 11: We gathered all the evidence we could to include looking for what fingerprints, DNA, camera images, everything you can imagine, and we gathered that out. Those things have been submitted forward to labs, to technological companies to help us.
Speaker 7: We're like you, we're waiting for those returns to come back.
Speaker 4: The window of time when she was last seeing too as she was reported missing.
Speaker 3: And I know you guys are asking what's the window of time. He's asking me to.
Speaker 1: Narrow down what time you might feel like, I know there was a report about a.
Speaker 3: Pacemaker, That's what Celi was talking about. In the morning, is or any way.
Speaker 1: To indicate people they looked around one am or two am to help them your question?
Speaker 11: You know, I really don't want to get into narrowing down the time because narrowing it down means we can miss some.
Speaker 7: Tips and leads.
Speaker 11: We're working with the data we've submitted or investigative analysis guys on that time can be tightened up, but.
Speaker 7: For now, we're going with what we've told you earlier.
Speaker 4: I don't know if before thirty.
Speaker 7: And she was found to be missing at about eleven o'clock Sunday morning.
Speaker 2: All right, it doesn't seem to have much more at this press conference. A lot of good questions coming in, but he's like, well, I don't know the.
Speaker 4: Only one he was up there still that small town that they have not called in.
Speaker 2: Well, there was the other officer, but that other officer did not have much to say, Like I think he said two sentences and then he was out of there after that. And now this the sheriff is up there just kind of doing these questions and answer sessions at this event. But there's not a lot, like he's not really on a lot. So we'll keep an eye on that. We'll see if there's anything else interesting that ekes its way out of that. Also, one of the big stories about courtrooms and stuff today is that Jill Biden Jill Biden, former First Lady in the United States of America, her ex husband has been charged with murdering his wife, says Jill Biden's ex husband has been charged with first degree murder in the death of his wife. William Stevenson was indicted on Monday in Wilmington, Delaware.
Speaker 3: Police responded, this is her.
Speaker 2: This is Jill Biden with this guy now, the husband who allegedly married his or murdered his new wife after Jill Biden.
Speaker 3: Joe Biden married.
Speaker 2: This guy back in the seventies, Back in nineteen seventy four, they separated and went through a nasty divorce at the time, and then Joe Biden married Jill Biden. A couple of years later, in nineteen seventy seven, there was a nine oneman call out to the house and they believe that this guy killed his wife. This person who was the former husband of Joe Biden. They believe he was responsible for murdering his wife, which is very very strange. Other things and this, let's put this on the mo list ceiling. I find this would be so interesting. A Brooklyn, New York judge has just ruled that something very different will be done with a jury that will decide the fate of a man who plotted to assassinate Donald Trump. This person they believe has ties to Iran. His name is as If Merchant and he's a forty six year old.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The defendant is a forty six year old Pakistani man who's accused of trying to hire a hitman as part of a multi phase plot culminating in September of twenty twenty four, possibly with a shooting at a public political rally. The guy is charged with murder for hire and attempted terrorism charges. They think he's connected to the Iranians, but the potential jurors are so scared they are going to allow the jury to be completely and totally anonymous, which is not something that they generally do. So I'd love to hear this because they think that, like they think the people who are worried if we find him guilty, will the country of Iran come after us? And so they're going to let the jury be completely anonymous. So let's put that on the list. From moh, that's a very weird one.
Speaker 4: How do you so not get a leak though?
Speaker 3: I don't know, I mean, you have to worry about a lot of.
Speaker 4: The public, or you have to ensure every single person, even your bailiff or court reporter, is also sworn to complete secrets.
Speaker 3: Are we talking anonymous after the fact? Are we talking like because.
Speaker 1: I mean, a jury is not The names of the jurors are not public until you know, sometime after a major trial like this.
Speaker 3: Here's the suspect.
Speaker 2: He is this this guy ACEF Merchant, the Pakistani man who was plotting to carry out assassinations on US soil, wanted to.
Speaker 3: Get a hit man. Again.
Speaker 2: I guess this never really got off the ground. But now they say they want this to be fully anonymous, and the judge says federal prosecutors requested an anonymous jury in part because the legitimate concerns that jurors in this trial will fear that an associated defendant will target them during the high profile case. On Thursday, District Court Judge Eric Committee agreed, saying that even though prosecutors may not present his ties to Iran to the jury, given the nature of the charges and the current tensions with Iran, anonymity will serve to protect the judicial process. So I don't know exactly how they're going to handle this, but that will be something else, maybe that MO wouldn't know it. You're supposed to be able to face a jury of your own peers, and then sometimes they make those people's names public and sometimes they don't sure and in his case fully anonymous, and maybe, like, is the jury that I would assume not even physically in the courtroom. Oh, like, I would assume that these people are not even physically there, because that would pose a bit of a risk there.
Speaker 3: So all right, we'll see. We'll get some updates on that, for sure.
Speaker 2: I have the other uber driver story that was absolutely mind blowing that we'll work in in the Power Hour of the show, and the reason why a mother got arrested. We have a ton to work in and a short amount of time, and we'll get it all done in the Power hour, and that is coming up next on the news junk Kie. Wow, this is happening fast.
Speaker 3: That press conference did not go well, No, no, and Sabrino wasn't alone and saying like, is this good?
Speaker 2: Like the reaction that I've seen so far is is is sheriff on the case of Savannah Guthrie from the Today Show her missing mother.
Speaker 3: People are saying is this guy ready for prime time? Like?
Speaker 2: Does this guy have any idea of what he's doing? He seems incredibly like the way I phrase it, and I know this is so cheesy and I hesitate to even say this, but he has no riz like no rizz of a sheriff. You know, I don't know a better way to say, like he doesn't have the persona or he doesn't have like the presentation of a sheriff in the command of the press conference that I'm used.
Speaker 4: To, not in that faction, not in the press conference that is national news because it's a public facing person's mother. Do you think now if you do like a small town like, Oh, Georgie, he bropped the convenience store again, I bet he kicks a mask. But this has to be the highest profile case that town is seen.
Speaker 2: I would guess a smaller town in Pma County is where this guy is the sheriff in Arizona.
Speaker 3: I have two questions to consider here.
Speaker 1: Okay, First of all, do you think that you know when we look at this guy as a sheriff and we know the sheriffs that we're used to, especially in our neck of the woods, you know your Grady judds your chitwoods. You're you're ones that loved the camera, that love a good SoundBite. You think they're watching this guy going, oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, our giant poster board printer please.
Speaker 2: Ryan on YouTube said sheriff freshman here. Ryan says, you could say swagger. That's that's just like this guy doesn't have the swagger of a sheriff. Who and and and the command most importantly over what's going on there? He started the press conference out like not close to the microphone and himself.
Speaker 4: I assume with something what is I guess maybe it's going to be more high profile as we go on, but like four or five other people behind him that is involved in the case, So we're like, it sounds like this place you go to send blood work and you get the results four months later.
Speaker 7: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: My second question is do you go do you think that this would already be on our radar? Was it not linked to a person of note?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: No, not at all, especially I mean, especially with the way it's being conducted.
Speaker 3: But like close though, if it were just a random eighty.
Speaker 1: Something year old missing woman that was missing under suspicious circumstances, you think it would have taken a couple more days for it to hit your desk.
Speaker 2: Yes, a couple more days, But I think it still had potential because a missing older lady who was snatched in the middle of the night is an interesting story. I think I think it would have eventually probably pulled up a little more prominence. But now it's got the Today's Show edge to it. And let's go back to the end of this, because we didn't hear the end of the press conference. I guess the guy just I guess at some point he said they hadn't even reviewed security footage DNA.
Speaker 11: I'll puts anything and all of this so quiet and submitted to a lab. That lab will report back to us what they find so far that what we've found from that lab is nothing that would tell us this is who did this.
Speaker 3: We'll take a couple more questions and then walk through the evidence. Walk through the evidence. It's see.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think this is the part he's talking about the surveillance footage, And somebody said, has he not even watched the surveillance footage yet?
Speaker 1: Companies, why you do not.
Speaker 7: Have That's what I tell them, how come I don't have this? Where's my evidence.
Speaker 11: It is a process, and I'm sorry, but but you know, we're grateful that there's large corporations and companies who have leaned over, bent over backwards to help us to say, hey, sheriff.
Speaker 3: Tell us what you mean and and and so, yeah, he hasn't even seen it.
Speaker 7: And we've asked them. They know the urgency here, but I'm like, you, how what do you mean? I don't know that now. Yeah, it's it's.
Speaker 3: So weird.
Speaker 1: Last question, you're asked if there was any ransom, and you didn't.
Speaker 3: Say, last question, following all leads?
Speaker 12: I mean a ransom has come in.
Speaker 7: We're following all leads we have. That's all I can tell you.
Speaker 3: We get We've got hundreds of why is any answering that question?
Speaker 2: You know, if they asked you directly two times, has there been a ransom that has come in? And he says, we're following all leads, and then they go, you didn't answer that. He didn't say no, and he goes, we're following all leads that are coming in.
Speaker 3: A ransom is not a lead. No, I wouldn't say.
Speaker 2: Well, but being evasive on that does that give you the same feeling? It does mean that there is that they're asking for a ransom a little bit.
Speaker 3: That's what That's what I get.
Speaker 14: Like.
Speaker 2: Otherwise, if any missing person, any missing person out there, they said, is there any ransom? Does anybody asking for a ransom for this missing person? They would go, No, we have no credible evidence of anybody asking for a ransom.
Speaker 3: That's not part of our investigation. Not answering that very suspicious, very very suspicious.
Speaker 4: Maybe the way you answer it, because I imagine that even someone who has done this a million times and has an entire team, I don't know if answering that is productive. You answer that, and that opens up Pandora's box of like, who's doing it? What does the ransom say? Is it going to impede the investigation? Well, he answered it also not great because a lot of those questions are going to come up as well. But I don't know when it comes to getting a ransom. Note that they would mention that in a press conference.
Speaker 2: I think that if they had that information, Here's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Maybe I didn't get this across.
Speaker 2: I think that if there was no mention of a ransom note, no talk of this, no here anything from the people who may have abducted this woman. I don't think they would have hesitated to say, no, we haven't had.
Speaker 3: Any demand for ransom.
Speaker 2: I've never seen before a hesitation when there is no demand for ransom to answer that question. And when you do have a hesitation, I hesitate myself right now to put too much weight into it, because this guy's just kind of strange, and I don't know if he's just doing things because of different reasons or if he's not answering that question because there is indeed some sort of ransom demand. See what else he says, He's almost done it.
Speaker 11: And it's from you that produced those leads by telling people we need help, And I'm grateful for that, but I'm yeah, I'm not going to get at all that. We have a team designated with all of our needs. They're looking into all of that. We are sharing all of our leads with the FBI.
Speaker 13: They are helping us in evaluating nanosse this guy are where that priority should be, and so we're just look, I know you guys are doing your job, and you're doing a great job, but we have a job to you and have I really need to back away from this for a while.
Speaker 11: And we'll see you unless something breaks. Unless something breaks, we'll see you Thursday morning. Pio will give you a time frame. I'm guessing somewhere around eleven eleven thirty.
Speaker 3: I want to know what they called this press conference?
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know they even suggested you're doing the press conference?
Speaker 3: Is a great question. Yes.
Speaker 1: On the New York Post, the story that I read about the report that Nancy Guthrie's pacemaker stops sinking with her Apple device is pre dawn Sunday. It said, as Arizona cops leading the case hastily called a press conference, Well, you hastily called something like this because you've got something to report. I don't find that anything was reported during that press conference. We know nothing after it. Then we then we knew nothing more than we knew before now.
Speaker 2: And I'm no expert, I think you're kind of getna get the same thing here, seiling. Why throw a press conference if you don't have anything to say? Yeah, that to me is like the rule number one is say we don't have any new information for you right now. Unfortunately, we don't need to throw a press conference just to throw a press conference.
Speaker 4: You think a lot of people showed up media.
Speaker 2: Wise, they did because they there was a scheduled press conference, That's what this whole thing was. But they they should have just said, we're not going to do anything until there's further developments in the case.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that accomplished. All very strange and interesting.
Speaker 1: So actually the only thing I did accomplish was like dropping people's expectation of.
Speaker 3: The sheriff here. Yeah, maybe he's a genius.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's doing seven D chests behind the scenes and we're going to find out who is responsible for all this. Maybe not, But I did want to share this with you. This was the story that I was teasing that didn't make it into jury duty.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 2: Man tricked by scammers into fatally shooting a defenseless Uber driver six times has been sentenced.
Speaker 3: This was an old man, yeah, named William. Look at that gun. It is a very very interesting story.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you about what caused these two people to be in this situation with each other.
Speaker 3: Somebody you guys, remember I think this happened to you. Years ago.
Speaker 2: People used to spoof their numbers, and our phone numbers were readily available out there, so sometimes people would like maybe spoof Sea Lan's phone to call another phone.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if they've done that with.
Speaker 2: You two back and forth or whatever, but people would have phone numbers from the show and certainly like call Sea Land and stuff. Well, this guy, this old man, gets a call and the call that comes into his phone was placed by some internet scam person. The internet scam person said, you owe us money. I'm gonna send the courier to your house to pick up this money, and you give it to them, and I'll give you more details in a second.
Speaker 3: But that's just the basic part of it.
Speaker 2: On the other side, that same person then hired an uber to go pick up a thing with not a person, but I guess you can hire an uber, like can you pick somebody up.
Speaker 3: To deliver it?
Speaker 2: So the woman that you see was hired by the same person, and she shows up at this old man's house and she's like, I'm here for the package.
Speaker 3: And he's like, oh, you're here for the package.
Speaker 2: You're trying to get me to pay this money this scam And she's like all I know is I'm here for the package. And he's like, get over here, and he comes out with a revolver like an old pistol, and then the woman goes, I'm gonna leave. I'm just here for the package, and he goes, you get over, you tell me what I need to know, and he shot her.
Speaker 3: And she had nothing to do that. She had nothing to do with this. The story goes like this.
Speaker 2: An eighty three year old man in Ohio will likely spend the remainder of his days behind bars for killing a sixty one year old uber driver in front of his home, wrongly believing she was trying to rob him, when both the killer and his victim were actually duped by the phone scammers. Clark County Judge Douglas Restatter said William J. Brock is going to serve twenty one years to life in a state correctional facility. He was found guilty by a jury on all charges, including felony murder, felony assault and kidnapping, and the twenty twenty four fatal shooting of Lolitha Hall. Brock will serve fifteen years to live for the murder. The scammers behind the fatal encounter have never been identified.
Speaker 3: Both families lost loved ones because of this, and there are no winners here, said the prosecutor.
Speaker 4: Do you think those scammers even know that this happened.
Speaker 2: I think they were like listening in it, says as Long Crime previously reported. The fatal incident took place at the old Man's house. It was a eleven eighteen am on March twenty fifth, twenty twenty four. That morning, Hall, an Uber driver for more than a decade, accepted what she believed was a legitimate assignment from the ride share company, directing her to pick up a package for delivery at the.
Speaker 3: Old Man's home.
Speaker 2: Unbeknownst to Hall, the same person or people that directed her to Brock's home at also contacted Brock, threatening to kill his family unless he gave twelve thousand dollars cash to this woman. And they said the woman who's coming over will be you know, and they gave a description of the woman. Footage from a dash cam in her accurate shows her approaching Brock's home, getting out of her car, and engaging with Brock before attempting to leave the home, but Brock trailed her closely, pointing his twenty two caliber Revolver at her and at one point taking her phone away so she couldn't make any outcoming calls.
Speaker 3: Outgoing calls. He made no demands of Brock. Oh no, no.
Speaker 2: Hall made no demands of Brock and only asked him about the package. Rock started making demands about her identity. That's when he took her phone and refused to allow her to leave.
Speaker 3: He did not call nine one one.
Speaker 2: He was not until after the shooting, where he ends up scuffling with her and shooting her because he thought she was the bad guy. After the shooting, he called nine to one one. You could hear her in the back saying help me. And they finally said objectively, a reasonable person would not shoot a defenseless woman multiple times to protect themselves from the words of a scammer.
Speaker 3: That's the prosecutor.
Speaker 2: The act doesn't justify the act of taking another person's life because words scared him. Just a very interesting bizarre story there. And this guy now will spend the remainder of his days. William Brock, sixty, the eighty three year old man will spend the remainder of his days behind bars.
Speaker 3: I think strange, huh y. I don't know that.
Speaker 2: It's like a lot, yeah, because at a glance I view him both his victims in a way.
Speaker 3: But you can't do what he did. You cannot do that. He was confused.
Speaker 2: He thought this woman was the bad guy. He thought that they had kidnapped somebody in his family. He thought that they were trying to get money from him. But she didn't know anything about anything. She just thought she was picking up a package for an uber and ran into this guy with a gun who's very agitated.
Speaker 4: Wow, and communications, And we have no idea who was part of it.
Speaker 2: Nobody the idea that the person on booked an uber to pick something up, And they have no idea who the person or persons behind this actually were.
Speaker 3: That is very.
Speaker 4: Relocate some money to something like that versus I feel like a lot of money wasted in other places.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would have to guess that they have ips now on people making orders, on on Uber, on people requesting cars, on people requesting things be delivered.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you really should form of payment? Does that that way?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I would.
Speaker 1: I would hope that they would, at the very least if they would have that, at the very least they should have the address that the courier was supposed to take. This twelve thousand dollars too. Now likely if you're involved in this sort of criminal activity. That address is going to be some sort of safe house or some sort of drop house or something, you know, somehouse that has a for sale sign, you know, in the front yard.
Speaker 3: But they got to be close to it. Right.
Speaker 2: What it was doing is that couldn't have just been random. I wouldn't have think I wouldn't have thought. Rather, I should say somebody, says. Kurt on YouTube says, correct, he's still at fault and clearly not thinking quite right.
Speaker 3: But that's how scammers work. They get you into an emotionally compromised state and they press that advantage.
Speaker 2: That's true. You know what was the camera's purpose, Well, it sounds like to get money. It sounds like to get money. Sometimes it's just sometimes it is. Yeah, sometimes thet land is just to cause chaos. I remember the famous video of the scammer calling the person and the well, the one that I remember is calling the person inside the hotel room and they said, this is the front desk, there's been a gas leak in your room. Oh, you need to throw your chair through the window right now, otherwise you're going to die because of the gas leak in your room.
Speaker 3: When you hear the person throwing the chair through the window of their room.
Speaker 4: Why did they do that completely naked?
Speaker 2: Or something to that was you might be crossing virus with the McDonald's one, the famous McDonald's one where somebody called and they were like, we're from McDonald's HQ security, bring in this employee. We just saw her steal something. And the person tells the manager on the phone, yeah, we saw her steal something on the footage we're watching, and he goes yeah, and they go, you need to strip her down.
Speaker 3: We need her to get totally naked.
Speaker 2: And the scammer was watching on the security footage as this employee stripped down naked, and the manager in that case got in trouble because they said he should have known that this wasn't normal and right, Sometimes it's just for chaos.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's just for chaos. All right, quick break.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we'll do a grab bag segment of all the things I've teased that haven't I haven't gotten to at least thus far this week or in the show. And we got more of your dispatches and emails and all the rest, so I'll come it up next.
Speaker 1: Then use junkie Junkies. My wife and eighty two year old Dad.
Speaker 2: Ak says the tips of the news Junkie dot Com went to the outdoor game on Sunday night at Raymond James Stadium.
Speaker 3: It was awesome and temperatures were in the upper thirties.
Speaker 2: Jesus, my dad and I moved from Wisconsin in nineteen eighty four and both played hockey. I've not watched hockey outdoors since then, so it was very surreal for both of us. Plus it was in a football stadium in Florida, so all around super weird but fun. And he says, it was around sixty five thousand people. I'll tweet Shan a picture of our seats.
Speaker 3: We were way up there.
Speaker 2: You could follow the action pretty easily on the big screen. So he says, let's see if he tweeted at me, just so that you check.
Speaker 1: Man, I've got tickets to an outdoor hockey game in Florida and somehow it was still thirty degrees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good god. I thought you'd get some kind of break from it. He didn't tweet me a picture. I haven't seen that yet, he said. With sixty five thousand people, and we watched the entire intermission with the cancer donation check.
Speaker 3: It went like this.
Speaker 2: So here's a controversy we talked about earlier. He says, it went like this guy comes out on ice to get a check of one hundred thousand dollars. Then as a surprise to him and everybody, Ronde Barber comes out on the carpet, grabs the mic and says, I have a surprise for you. If you make this shot through a nearly impossibly sized hole, we will increase the donation to five hundred thousand dollars. So the guy comes up there for the cancer you know bonus, and goes and he misses, and then Ronde Barbara says, hang on, we'll give you another try, and if you get it, you get a million dollars for the cancer charity.
Speaker 3: And he missed.
Speaker 2: The There was never going to be this million dollar donation. It was a surprise to give them the attempt to go for five hundred thousand and a million. And you know, the way those contests work is they have to buy insurance for the contest. They did not promise a million dollars up front, and then pull the rug out from under him. Keep up all the good work as always. Ak, that's interesting.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, but then don't put a million dollars on the screen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I guess the thing is like they went out there and they did a surprise. It wasn't they They wanted to donate this money to the cancer charity, and then they gave them a chance to bring it up.
Speaker 3: The only question is is it wrong to have a person play a game so that you increase your donation to a charity. I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I don't think so, But I also would it would be in their best interest to not get heat like this if they're like, we're going to give this money anyways, versus well, he missed the shot, so yeah, it would have been that much towarts cancer.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it. Just up to chance and your way. Like there's there's plenty of charity events where you're like, all right, i'm gonna sweeten the pod the more you guys donate, I'm gonna match it and stuff like that. You know, or you know, we participate in a charity poker tournament, but uh, the way we play doesn't necessarily affect the outcome of the money that's raised, aside from if we suck at it off the bat and we want to buy in to stay in the game longer only positively, right, Yeah, yeah, it only makes it better, I guess, Andrew says the tips of the news junky dot com. Sean, I think you did a story on this Sunday Bonus stream about the lady that had her car covered in several inches of ice from a water main break.
Speaker 3: Didn't we play that on the show? The lady car was frozen?
Speaker 1: No, okay, we play we played the snowplow driver.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me let me bring this up, because the story was talking about was absolutely wild.
Speaker 4: Face.
Speaker 2: This poor woman, she leaves her car out by the side of the road and she thinks, well, all's going to be well here. But then I guess the water main broke by it and cars kept driving by and splashing water up onto the side of her car, and then her whole car was just like a car sickle. Basically, Okay, this is the woman's situation.
Speaker 7: This is her car. I have kept.
Speaker 2: She got the windshowevers up in the air. Her car is so frozen in a block. What I said, dir, yeah it does. And I said, what do you do if this is your car and you come back to it?
Speaker 3: It's it's a nice I think she posed a follow up.
Speaker 4: There's like, yeah, four of her friends.
Speaker 3: The email is about the follow up here.
Speaker 2: I think she's talking right here in a second, but this is beforehand.
Speaker 3: Hang on, this is her car totally froze.
Speaker 6: So like it is what it is.
Speaker 18: Gianna has an amazingly good attitude about her car now frozen under inches of ice in Northern Liberty's ane now on Monday.
Speaker 4: And I was driving on Tuesday, and then I left it in the same spot that I shoveled out.
Speaker 1: Gianna is a schoolteacher in Phillyan.
Speaker 18: While her Honda got the worst of it, a few other cars aren't going anywhere right now either. So lots of people assume water had dripped down from the l tracks above, but neighbors say no, it was a water main.
Speaker 3: Break that caused all this damage.
Speaker 18: They said the water ran down Front Street for a couple of days straight, and every time cars would go back, these cars got drilled or up onto these cars, just making layer after layer after layer of ice.
Speaker 3: Poor lady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she got her car in this massive ice cube, essentially, And this emailer was following up on this. He goes, she was covered in ice from the water break. NBC ten Philadelphia did an update today because he's from Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: Her car is now free of ice and was total.
Speaker 2: Well, the insurance company said they're probably totaling the car.
Speaker 3: Really why due to the damage done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's probably a lot of damage done to the internals. I mean, if that thick of a layer of ice is on the outside of the car, probably a lot of it inside that his frozen expanded, cracked, a lot of piping and all kinds of style.
Speaker 4: There's any any way to avoid that in the future. Obviously it was a pipe that broke, but some sort of protective layer that I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, the pipe flooded the road and then people were splashing through and it was just continuously, almost like basting a piece of meat in the pan. It just like continue to put layer upon layer on this lady's car. This is the report he's talking about.
Speaker 16: A sober car that went viral after the recent winter storm, you know the one. Today a toe company took the vehicle away. This is what the Honda Civic looked like, stuck in that spot on Front.
Speaker 3: Street in Fishtown. It's so frozen it's nice.
Speaker 16: New video tonight shows a toe crew removing the Honda Civic earlier today. The owner tells us, unfortunately, the car is most likely totaled.
Speaker 4: Damn he is still waiting on an inspection.
Speaker 3: That's how unfortunate. And you know this just came from I mean, it doesn't even look that bad. It's just it was in a shell of ice. But I guess it did so much damage.
Speaker 1: Even in Sino man came out on the right side of this.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Really, what the hell we were talking about with the with the hockey thing, we you know, our little side quest talking about how they have the prize insurance for those kind of deals with the half court shots and the car and all that. And I don't know if somebody asked how much stuff like that costs, but somebody chimed in on the texting service that they threw a charity golf tournament once and they wanted to do a ten thousand dollars hole in one prize.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the insurance for that was only two hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Really seems like, I mean, it could be that the insurance company, the people that offer these kinds of deals have vetted the golf course and said, not a chance on that hole. You're going to get a hole in one. So we're going to make this a nice low price for you, but not bad. Two challenge That challenge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to find a golf course.
Speaker 3: Boys. What's is this for air that you sent me?
Speaker 4: It is for air, with the exception of you'll have to drop the audio, okay at some point. But I just got this video from my mom and dad and they're in Miami and as everyone seeing the news, a lot of.
Speaker 3: Frozen is that? Wait? Is this her Yorkies with a frozen iguanas.
Speaker 4: In sweater vest and Pinky is off to the races dragging this iguana.
Speaker 3: She took the iguana, she's running with it. It's a big iguanaity yep.
Speaker 4: And so now you can hear my dad talking in Spanish saying is it dead? I don't know, it might be a frozen as I And then that's where the curse worths and Spanish start. Wait wait for it? Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: Three Yorkis have a hold of it, and my mom's trying to get a hold of them, and these are terriers.
Speaker 3: Are they're playing tug of war with the fruit iguana?
Speaker 1: Is that the same iguana.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god, your mom is picking up the dog from the iguana.
Speaker 4: Listen if terriers. They are cute and sweaters, but they instinctually are ready to tear nuisance up.
Speaker 2: She's she's got the iguana by the tail and the Yorky won't let go of it, and she's picked the Yorky off the ground.
Speaker 4: And she's like, please, Rudy help me. Am My dad's just filming chaos.
Speaker 3: These little dogs are.
Speaker 4: They're just yeah, they're wondering if it's okay.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, they look sweet. They look so much sweeter.
Speaker 4: These things come into play.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a pretty big iguana too. It's got to be three feet long or so.
Speaker 4: Defrost s. It's in for a real treat at little Yorky bites.
Speaker 3: But there you have it.
Speaker 4: You want to see it with curse words. Sabrina Ambra on Instagram.
Speaker 3: All right, wow, that that was an experience that makes me think very different about those dogs. I did not know that. Yeah, I did not know that.
Speaker 2: They were like a little army of attackers. They were working together. It was like they're like little in Jurassic Park, like the raptors. How they kind of work together to hunt. Didn't know that was a thing, but I guess Yorkies too. When we come back, final dispatches, stories that didn't make the cut, and Taylor to wrap everything up for a Tuesday that's coming up next on The News Junkie. Thanks to everybody who shared the show and to shared the show tooesday, God bless you.
Speaker 3: You're the best. You're unbelievable. Nobody's better.
Speaker 2: And I don't care what they say out there, but I do want to share with you because I tease this like crazy and then never ended up posting it. But there's a new documentary about Michael Jackson with previously unheard audio of the singer and allegedly in this there's some new stuff. I've got the promo trailer right here, and I think, is this hit right here? This is supposed to be a new audio of Michael Jackson.
Speaker 4: That's creepy, the inside story of the trial that shook the world.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I want to just touch me and hug me.
Speaker 3: He said, children want to just touch me and hug me. That's Michael Jackson.
Speaker 7: The things that.
Speaker 3: Michael reveals on those tapes have no precedent unreleased footage. I don't think it was meant for the public to see.
Speaker 2: I was told that if you say you're doing anything, you're going to kill your career.
Speaker 1: Jar the entire accusations against Michael I've seen some of those.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he could abuse with impew today's spelling.
Speaker 3: In love with my personality. Sometimes it gets me into trouble, he said.
Speaker 1: Kids end up falling in love with my personality. Sometimes it gets me into travel Not great, doesn't sound great. Michael Jackson is still controversial on account of the kids stuff.
Speaker 3: And that's pictures a hymn with Epstein.
Speaker 1: Is he in there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's in there. Can cast a wide net.
Speaker 2: That and also, federal officers in Minneapolis are to get body cameras effective immediately.
Speaker 3: Some of them did already, all of them will after this. That seems like a good idea.
Speaker 2: That seems like a smart idea for all of these officers to get body cameras so you can see what the hell is going on. All law enforcement, all of them, every last one should have body cameras. It's better for the law enforcement and it's better for the people who encounter them. Every single time. Cameras make nothing worse. They only make things better in terms of determining what the truth is in these scenarios.
Speaker 3: And with that, it's time to get the hell out of here. Let's do Today. I learned the.
Speaker 2: Following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ.
Speaker 3: So don't get cocky. How it's done or what we call today.
Speaker 2: It is today learned for a Tuesday, February third, twenty twenty six. Today I learned this television show yea, Oh, south Park. That's right, South Park. This is an orchestral version south Park, Bigger, Longer, and uncut was supposed to be NC seventeen due to excessive profanity in the movie, with the word F the F word you being used one hundred and forty six times alone. The MPAA said that four hundred or more swear words would get them an NC seventeen rating.
Speaker 3: On the South Park movie ball Stone and.
Speaker 1: Tra Wall Street, that's five hundred and sixty nine curse.
Speaker 3: Words in it. Does that must have been afterwards? Is that after the South Park movie Timeless change it? It says so Matt Stone and Trey Parker cut the number from down to three hundred and ninety nine one less.
Speaker 1: Casino was nineteen ninety five, four hundred and twenty two curse words in it, and really I had to give it NC seventeen, but I think they took out some violence to get to the R. This says from the Wikipedia page about South Park, Bigger, Longer, uncut of this six times the film was screamed to the MPAA. It was designated NC seventeen after five screenings, the last of which was two weeks before the scheduled released Jesus, a marketing agent from Paramount called Parker and Stone and said the studio needed an R. In response, they contacted the producer. They said there was too many and they need to cut down to less than four hundred square words. Maybe the internally they thought that was the number. There were some other things that they had to cut out to there. There's a very funny letter that he had to write the MPAA people.
Speaker 4: Now they don't care, right because even has cursor.
Speaker 1: There's no there's no consistency watched. This film is not yet rated. It's a great documentary on the process of rating movies and how secretive it is and stupid at times.
Speaker 3: So they learned this.
Speaker 2: Guy that George Dmichael, that's right, Taylor In the police officer who arrested Oreorge Michael for sex acts in a bathroom sued George Michael for emotional distress. Beverly Hills police officer Marcelo Rodriguez filed a ten million dollar lawsuit against George Michael, complaining the singers single outside in its video mocked him. He also alleged that George Michael described him as waving his genitals in front of him and being guilty of entrapments.
Speaker 3: And he sued and lost against George Michael. Thank you so much for hanging out with us. We do appreciate it.
Speaker 2: We're back tomorrow at the same time, same place, By Sadie the Show. Get the podcast at thenews junkie dot com.
Speaker 3: We'll see tomorrow everybody,