Speaker 1: All right, it is Mojo in the morning. Uh.
Speaker 2: The phone number eight four to four Mojo Live eight four four six six five six five four eight. The text is nine to five five zero zero.
Speaker 1: Alright.
Speaker 2: So I was having a conversation with a female friend of Chelsea's and we were talking about we're talking about dating, and we were talking about second Date Update and talking about the show and stuff like that and some of the craziest second date updates that we've had and if you'd never heard second Date Update before, second Date Update is on our show where if you're not getting a call back after you went on a date with somebody, you know, we will call them and try to get their you know, involvement with you know, coming on our show as a way to find out why they're not calling you back. And usually there's always some kind of a weird situation from the ones that you you hear of that one. And we were talking about when do you call back after a date? And I always remember when I was dating, as there was the three day or the three day rule that when you go on a date with somebody, and this was please only explain something. I've been in a relationship for a long time. There was no dating apps at the time that I was in a relationship, let alone, there was not as much technology that was out there. We had cell phones, yes, okay, but we did not have what we have right now, which is basically an instant way to get the P. Nowadays, you can get P if you want and a man right penis or you know what. So there was the three day rule before you would call back when I was doing this, and I was talking to her about that, because she's like around my age actually, probably about six years younger than me, and she said, yeah, I remember that. I used to do the three day rule all the time. You'd go on a date on a Friday and you wouldn't call the person back until Monday or Tuesday. You never wanted to be the first one to call back, and you never would wait. And so we were having this conversation and she said, well, that's all old school. Nowadays, she says that the new approach is as soon as you're interested, you call, and if you're the woman interested, you call. You don't wait for him to call, because if you're waiting for him to call, he's got too much P to be able to find in the meantime between your date and the next p that he goes out there.
Speaker 3: And he goes and gets that reason, if you're interested, why are you wasting time?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Basically, she said, you snooze, you lose.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to ask some questions, and I want to ask some people like you guys. Well you Anna and Lydia And that's it because Kevin, Yes, Kevin too, Yes, I forgot about it, Kevi.
Speaker 1: Kevin's a single guy. Yes.
Speaker 2: I usually like to ask the women questions because I don't know. I like, Lydia's not in a relationship, I asked her in a relationship?
Speaker 1: Really? Yes? Wait, wait cald On a second, you're in a relationship?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Are you guys official? I don't really know, are you Facebook official? I asked you last night you were going to going off and I'm married.
Speaker 4: If I was going to church with Bianca Bryce, And.
Speaker 1: I said, does Andy ever go to church with you?
Speaker 4: And you said no, no he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Well he needs to go to church with you. Yeah, Andy, if you're listening, you need to go to church. That would be a very nice gesture on your if you haven't.
Speaker 4: And Bryce is a man to go to church with you kid, just be going with the two miss.
Speaker 1: On a difficult time, you guys.
Speaker 2: I saw last night on Lydia's social media that she was third wheeling it with Bianca and her boyfriend Bryce.
Speaker 1: All right, then I'll ask you. I'm going to ask Anna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin these questions too, because they're no, I'm not going to ask you, just say you can ask her.
Speaker 1: Okay? All right?
Speaker 2: So here here are my questions. If you're a single person, what do you do as far as when you wait to call back after a date? How long do you wait to reach out? That's one question I want to ask. Is waiting a power move or is it a red flag? That's another question I wanted to ask. Another question that we came up with was does calling too fast make you look desperate? Should a woman now call first or should she wait old fashioned for the guy to call back? And then you know, ask some questions like have you ever been lost in the mix, you know, by not calling or by calling too soon? Com answering you, guys, So you go on a date, you guys, have you know you're done?
Speaker 1: It's Friday night? Are you calling back Saturday? Or what are you doing? Kevin? I feel like it depends on how good the day was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's see you're very.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if it went great, then I'm probably checking on you to make sure you got home. If you didn't stay over, okay, And if you did stay over and you lift, then I'm probably sending like, you know.
Speaker 2: Are you checking on making sure she went home that night, that she leaves or that morning she I want to make sure you got to your destination?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's right, you got in like every case.
Speaker 2: Maybe what if she calls you as a guy right away and calls you fast, like on her way home, like nine am. You get a phone call from her, you know what I mean or something. Yeah, she was probably really feeling the key. Well okay, she was probably really feeling me. Okay, and then yeah that's good too. What about what about if she doesn't pick up your phone calls right away you think she's playing with you?
Speaker 7: Nah?
Speaker 8: No, just wait?
Speaker 1: Does she respond back? Okay? Anna? What do you do?
Speaker 9: I wouldn't call right at nine am and probably wouldn't text either, But if I did really like them, I would try to find something that happened on our date the night before and like bring that up in conversation, like maybe we were talking about how much I loved popcorn, and like I was sitting down to eat popcorn, I'd be like, oh, I was thinking about you or something like that. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like, I just want to keep I want to be top of mind if I really like you, But I'm definitely not waiting three.
Speaker 2: Days's funny you bring up that at like popcorn, I would always figure out something that came up on the date that night and send it to them the next day if I could, or drop it off at their house as a reason to go and see. But that came across kind of desperate sometimes too. Oh yes, drop it off, I would, yeah, because that's crazy.
Speaker 9: I mean, I love flowers and you sent me flowers.
Speaker 1: That's different. If that's different.
Speaker 3: But what if it's not going to come off desperate regardless of what you do. If you like the person, they're going to think it's cute.
Speaker 1: But don't and don't show up at their house, and that.
Speaker 5: Crazy, that's creepy.
Speaker 1: Let me ask this question.
Speaker 2: Has anybody ever lost someone like literally lost to another person because you didn't want to look too desperate by calling right away and you found out that they instantly started talking to somebody else.
Speaker 1: If that's the case, call us up.
Speaker 4: This happened with me and Bryce in the beginning of last year when he first came into the studio and I met him, and I would I was just too scared to talk to him first. I wasn't really trying to show like interest because I wanted him to show me interest. And then I haven't talked to him for the full year until later on love last year is when I was like, all right, I don't care anymore. This is stupid. And then now we're dating.
Speaker 2: And then you picked up the phone and that's it. Yeah, which is interesting because you have to in your you know, culture with the guys. Sometimes you don't want to come across too yeah.
Speaker 4: Or I was trying to play hard to get or I was like a man should come on me first, and then.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I was just like, it's.
Speaker 4: Never that deep.
Speaker 1: Can I also say this too, though, this is interesting.
Speaker 2: A lot of times when you're Caldan from my Keldan friends, you don't want to date somebody like your age or his age right now, because once you start dating now, you don't look at that as a future.
Speaker 1: You look at that as just the now.
Speaker 4: Well, no, I think it's how you intend to date someone. If you date someone with intention of marrying them, no matter how old you are, I feel like, if you want to marry them, you'll marry them. I don't think age should.
Speaker 2: Matter well a lot of times a lot of times, So isn't it just Hey, I'm looking for something for my twenties.
Speaker 9: You can.
Speaker 4: You can be twenty five and date someone I always want to hook up. I want short term or he could be his age nineteen or twenty and be like, I want to marry you. Let's see to marry.
Speaker 1: Does a nineteen or twenty year old look to date to marry? Well? Better be because I thought that was something that didn't happen.
Speaker 5: So head over heels in love with him?
Speaker 4: Well, I were locked in yesterday at Mass, like their hands were interlocked the entire time and we were in there for two hours. I was like, when you know what you want, you know what you want, it's not there's no games. I feel like, if you have your communications straight, your intentions straight, it doesn't matter what age you are.
Speaker 2: If he tries to break up with you, will you kill him and cut him up in little pieces.
Speaker 4: Yep, and I'll show him up to his house and I'm gonna blast him everywhere.
Speaker 1: As she went to church with him last night. Danny, what's up? Danny? Good morning? What's going on? Were you at then?
Speaker 7: I just wanted to I'm at Big B getting my coffee before.
Speaker 1: Me may make it. I'm sorry, I forgive what's going on?
Speaker 4: I just wanted to say.
Speaker 7: You guys are making dating way too complicated. If you go on a date, you like the person, call them, like you don't have to overthink it. That's what's wrong with dating these days. You enjoy someone's company, you call them. You don't have to, Oh should they call me first? You guys are doing too much, making it way too complicated.
Speaker 1: Are you okay?
Speaker 2: If the guy you know doesn't ever call you just to pick up the phone and call him a bunch of times?
Speaker 1: Or does that look desperate?
Speaker 4: Oh you won't Yeah, no, I won't do that.
Speaker 1: How many times would you call before you would give up?
Speaker 7: After like a week of no response, like, I'm good, I got other things to do.
Speaker 1: Twice yeah, our second date? Updates?
Speaker 2: Some of these both men and women are calling five or six times. And why I say calling, they're texting five or six times, and then they're even trying to call or trying to send messages you know, uh dms.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 10: Rob, not too much.
Speaker 1: Just make sure they're morning routine, right if you call her text that you're not interrupting anything. What do you mean, so my girlfriend she's not a morning person. I found this out our first day when I said, hey, let's go grab breakfast and I'm like eight in the morning, and she's like, people get up that early. So she's a sleeping girl.
Speaker 2: Huh oh absolutely so yeah, but I also want to say thank you guys for making my morning for the last twenty years.
Speaker 1: You guys are amazing keeping I appreciate it for that long robin. Do you think this girl is the girl?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Absolutely yeah.
Speaker 2: So she's the one you locked in with her even though you can never have breakfast anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I can. I'm I'm up every morning five thirty. You eat by yourself? No, she doesn't eat. That doesn't mean he doesn't have.
Speaker 2: By the way, I kind of wonder sometimes if you're in a relationship, can you be in a relationship with a person that's not a morning person, but you're a morning person and you know a late night person, Like can a late night person be with a morning person?
Speaker 1: What's up? Kevin? The listener here on the phone, not the one in the studio. What's up?
Speaker 11: How's it going?
Speaker 1: Good man? What's going on? Good?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 11: I'm Kaldyan my wife. I want to shut her out with Marlena Dallo. So she I met her and I pretty much proposed her in a year and got married a year after. I mean, once you know, you kind of know. And I made that very clear.
Speaker 1: She made that very How old how old are you? Guys?
Speaker 11: I got May when I was twenty six and now I'm thirty one.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Kevin, how old was she?
Speaker 4: Was?
Speaker 1: She same age? Similar age?
Speaker 11: He's actually about eight months older than me.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you knew right away? But were you dating before or she dating before?
Speaker 11: I mean we, I mean we dated, but like you know, it's very clear that, like you know, what our intentions were, and we just made that very clear, and you know, I just put things to action, you know. I mean, we weren't messing around, we weren't old, we weren't young.
Speaker 5: I mean, but your mid twenty settle down and get married.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but now we got two kids. My son just earned a little over a year. My daughter's turning four in March.
Speaker 1: That's great, buddy, that's great. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I think certain cultures though still do younger. But I don't see a lot of twenty somethings or young twenties or mid twenties getting married. When Chelsea and I got married, that everybody was still getting married at that age.
Speaker 1: Now it's like, wait until you're thirties.
Speaker 3: Everything's getting pushed back, yeah, married.
Speaker 1: Including baby.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I can't tell you how many friends.
Speaker 3: Well I do have friends that are, you know, right around my age that either just had a baby or thinking about having a baby all.
Speaker 1: Of a sudden.
Speaker 9: Compare yourself for is about to walk down that I'm telling you in twenties?
Speaker 1: I bet you what's up? Jay? I was going there, good morning, good morning, what's going on?
Speaker 10: Calling about the uh trying to play it too cool or whatever? And yeah, I ended up missing back in the Marine Corps. I was getting some work done late night with one of my co workers, like kind of adjacent co workers, uh, you know, to pull around just like made out great night, just vibes, got the work done around about our day, played it cool for like a week, didn't contact her nothing, And three weeks later, maybe a month later, she was in a relationship. And then maybe two two months later she was married.
Speaker 1: Oh man, do you think about her?
Speaker 2: That's heartbreak. So you waited too long, you tried to play it too cool.
Speaker 10: Yeah, because you know, I was friends with some of her female friends. I don't want them going back to you know, my friends women, but they you know, they talk and I don't need that.
Speaker 1: So do you ever hope that she gets divorced? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, tuesdays. Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting because I have a couple of friends of mine that were telling me a story about the girl that got away, and they actually look at her and go, I hope that she ends up divorcing because they say that they missed out on the opportunity to be with who they thought they should have been, and the same situation where they ended up finding somebody else, and they literally are just like the standby or waiting for that to happen.
Speaker 1: You don't, I don't know if you believe in.
Speaker 6: It or I think you miss out on what you think will be Yeah, if you miss out on what actually is though.
Speaker 2: Chelsea and I were having this conversation like sometimes you see giddy people and I always say, you know what that's called, and she goes, yeah, second marriages. It seems like the people who are in second marriages or remarried afterwards are giddy about their relationships, Shannon, where you get excited? Has anybody ever told you that? No, that's they say that. They say that that happens a lot people in second people who get divorced, they get remarried, are like giddy about things.
Speaker 1: What's up, Bill?
Speaker 8: What's going on? Mojo?
Speaker 9: You know what?
Speaker 1: First time calling?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Thanks, Boddy, appreciate you. Yeah, we've been together longer than you and your relationship. What's going on?
Speaker 8: Well, it was going on. Yeah. I was on that public to where I hooked up with this we met, We hooked up the first day we met. But he just so happened to be the girl. I was the girl. I had a kid with her best friend. Now we stayed friends for five years, but then she left her baby's father for me, and I left my baby's mother for her, and then my baby's mom and her baby's father like teamed up against us, and everybody was pissed off. They were sabotaging our cars, they were throwing stuff at our house. They would seem like the whole world got mad at us because we looked but we should have been together in the first place, but both of us waited, so we didn't act on our feelings. But then as years went by, Yes, through this, I'm not happy in my relationship, you're not happy in yours. We both walked out to be but fifteen years later we're still together.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's amazing.
Speaker 8: But still the whole world our boat need nobody from our ears, kind of our families will talk to us over it.
Speaker 2: Or do you guys regret that you didn't get together in the first place the first go around before you end up marrying and having babies with the other people?
Speaker 8: Absolutely we did. We both said that we should have just hooked up in the first place, and life dragged us two different ways, but it's never changed the way we felt about each other. So we did. It was like at the time, we didn't care who we pissed off. We just wanted to be together.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting that the relationships that you were in, though, were trying to both come after you guys, a lot of a lot of what a lot of fun coming after and that hey you telling you? There you go again this week. You've been all over the place with that. I think you either are getting too much much sex or not enough and we need to.
Speaker 1: Get it out of here. I'm not doing anything. What's John? John's Keldan?
Speaker 2: And this one goes to Bianca and us, maybe thinking that Bianca might be the next on the show to get married.
Speaker 1: John.
Speaker 2: You're there, Yeah, go ahead, you're Kldian guy, right, No, you go ahead.
Speaker 10: No, Actually I'm not killed Dean.
Speaker 1: Your wife is Caldian? Yes, okay? And how how quick did you propose to her?
Speaker 10: I met her?
Speaker 8: Funny story, I met a September eighth of twenty eleven, so two days before nine to eleven.
Speaker 10: I knew her for three weeks and got married.
Speaker 8: And I was trying to tell my family I was Mary to Keldan and they did not want to hear it.
Speaker 1: After nine to eleven? What are what? Wit? What are you?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 1: Are you just a white dude?
Speaker 10: I'm Macedonian?
Speaker 1: You're Macedonian? Are you still married? Wait? After nine to eleven? What do they think they think the nine to eleven.
Speaker 3: Guys, eleven September eleventh happened, not.
Speaker 1: Eleven or September eleven.
Speaker 2: I don't know what do you mean September all that one in two thousand and one, September September the eleven, two thousand.
Speaker 1: What he's say, are you still together? Yes? We are, well, we are still together. Look at that. That's did you have family come around? Stop being ignorant?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah they did, they did, they did.
Speaker 10: But it was interesting at first.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the part of the story that got a little bit shaded by the fact that I didn't know he was going to bring up the whole nine to eleven crap. Was he proposed to her in after three weeks of dating.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 10: Three weeks dating.
Speaker 1: That's a little fast, all right.
Speaker 4: Me and Bryce like three months in, so I guess we can start ring shopping now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God, you already did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get hurt, We actually did. What do you think what do you think that your families would say? If you guys did that.
Speaker 4: My mom would be like, you're crazy, Go get your life together first.
Speaker 1: Would what would his family do? Would they be mad about that?
Speaker 4: His mom told me we can't get married or have kids anytime soon because she's still in her prime. So she wants to live for prime and not have to worry about me or any stuff for grandchildren.
Speaker 2: His mom does not want a grand baby when she's not grandmother material right now.
Speaker 4: She's still in her prime. She looks like Kim kay, so she has to be in her prime first before I.
Speaker 5: Can have I want to see a picture of his of.
Speaker 4: My prime to guys, come on, baby, got that.
Speaker 3: Bryce's mom is a beautful I saw a picture of her from when you guys all met, but everybody was bundled up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you want to see her body or something, she looks pretty.
Speaker 4: She looks like she could be a Kardashian. I'm so frue.
Speaker 1: Well, nobody wants to be a Kardashian, but she looks like she looks like when she's like, I don't call her that