Speaker 1: It is a Vikings watch party unlike any other with the fans justin Guard.
Speaker 2: You can join him.
Speaker 1: At the all new Hop House at Mystic Lake Casino. Don't miss a minute of the action and the giant wall TV displays. Enjoy the best seats, food and beverages, trivia and prize giveaways all game long.
Speaker 2: Hosted by JG. The party kicks off at noon.
Speaker 1: Get all the details at kfean dot com.
Speaker 2: Here calendar, cood on and everybody.
Speaker 3: It is seven or seven think Zacho college football segment there with the Fargo slash a big football Thursday, best day of the week over there, Tommy Olsen's over there, and of course we get to Maxo. Just got here in Maxo Saucy, who's already in Vegas.
Speaker 2: He's going he's vacation mode.
Speaker 4: Man, He's uh the old uh Las Vegas strip is my favorite part?
Speaker 2: Is it like showing up to the airport? Check it through the airport, walking to your gate. What's your favorite first cocktail?
Speaker 4: Ohoh wow, I'm trying not to be a smart ass, Like I don't know, I guess like, uh, I think it's when you start gambling.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 4: That first thing is, whether you sit down at the table. That's you, that's your favorite. Yeah, it's I mean, you know, it's like cool, This is the room I've been in a thousand times. Is the airport I've been in a thousand times. But once you start gambling, it's go time. Yeah, got you gotta start, gotta start the.
Speaker 3: Action' not even close for me, man, the show has just ended. I'm completely by myself, and I start walking and it's seven o five in the morning out there, seven let's be honest, seven thirty in the morning out there, yep, the clear blue sky. The heat hasn't hit yet. Yeah, you got to avoid the little random spots of vomit. And you start walking and every casino is nearly empty except for the people like me with real problems.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: And you just walking. You've got no alarms, and it's Friday, so there's nothing to do that you don't want to do, and your whole life's in front of you. And you still got money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's still the day is.
Speaker 3: There's still it is, man, it is. And then I'm so mad at you right now, Sauce, you get the field that.
Speaker 1: Day I got on hawks hundred percent correct. When that show ends and you the sun is barely oh's seven shift.
Speaker 4: It's a turning but and you're going middle of November is freaking perfect.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's great. Tomorrow was like fifty five.
Speaker 3: Then you were going to say I interrupted you.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, No, no, I think I think I interrupted Sauce.
Speaker 5: I was just going to say that, and then that thought creeps in your head at seven thirty in the morning, I should just go back to bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you don't miss anything. That's what I've always said.
Speaker 4: The best part about the Power to Morning show in Vegas. You get done at seven, You'll wander back to your room. You could nap for three hours and still wake up and get breakfast, or you miss anything. Even best shift ever.
Speaker 3: This is that's why I love the most is it's seven point thirty and you can say I can walk for five hours and then go taking that and then go taking be.
Speaker 2: Starting all over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, that is the best feeling in the one.
Speaker 2: We just moved the whole show to Vegas.
Speaker 4: The five thirty to nine in the Twin Cities, but we do three thirty to seven in our life just gets instantly better.
Speaker 3: Do you know what? The only better thing would be is if as the show ended, they paid us in cash.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, showy.
Speaker 3: Man, I got two hours in front of you.
Speaker 2: Chris is like, I can't get paid once every two weeks. I'm gonna need it after every show at seven oh one.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna need a guy with a suitcase, Howie Mandel deal or no deal? Give me the money then, don't worry.
Speaker 3: By the way, I'll take the texes up myself.
Speaker 2: Don't worry.
Speaker 6: Of course, of course they'll call TILLIM just picturing Abbot's apprehensive face and to you some Benji's like.
Speaker 2: This, he comes back. How about next week's pay? Any chance I get advanced on the next day?
Speaker 3: Hey, but you never paid me? Yes I did?
Speaker 2: No, No, no, I don't think it did. No.
Speaker 1: Hawk and I last time we were there, walked back, just the two of us on that Friday morning.
Speaker 2: It was it was amazing.
Speaker 4: Here's why you nailed this trip, Saucy, and I know this is your annual trip.
Speaker 2: You guys go all the time. Thanks Corl. We were there what three weeks ago?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is the perfect gap between Vegas trips, because if it's like six days, you're like, oh god, I don't want to go back at that one. We went within a week and it was a nightmare.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: I almost every summer, my two Vegas trips are about two to three weeks apart.
Speaker 2: And it's just in the sweet spot.
Speaker 4: How many times I've gone out there and in June hasn't gone my way, And I'm like.
Speaker 2: Am I going to go back? I don't know if I'm going to go back.
Speaker 4: And then you wait about fourteen days and you're like, oh, I'm going back now ready. You need that two or three week buffer zone that's in this week spot.
Speaker 1: That's Saturday morning when Gambler took hold of me, and that's your alter egos Friday Gambler.
Speaker 3: I saw him walk by. He's got a bigger head, even praying.
Speaker 1: When I went back up to the room to grab some more cash hawks than the corn, just with good. And then Saturday morning when I woke up after I had problem Gambler after left, I have about seventeen high news I'm coming back here.
Speaker 2: I hate this place.
Speaker 3: You had more handsy to have more high turned around, I have to did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 3: They bought me that forty seven dollars yeagermeister drink and that's not exaggeration that.
Speaker 2: You want to double.
Speaker 4: That is the magic of Las Vegas Nevadas, like you just said, is you were on the brink of swearing off that town for the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: I'm not kidding you. It is. It is like the overlords of Las Vegas like we're losing. Oh give him my hand, babe. Yeah. And then they saw you back in.
Speaker 1: There was a moment in that Friday where I'm like, how do I go home today and not go to watch party?
Speaker 2: That is so true. He has everybody you can't wait to get back. I love it.
Speaker 3: I was so far up and then he got me that one drink and I woke up the next morning and my wallet goes, I'm counting.
Speaker 2: Benji's in the room next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah God, I rolled the room and goes, that's gonna hit put money in three spins later, bonus.
Speaker 3: Did God, I'm real happy for.
Speaker 2: Hockey on me in the same roam.
Speaker 3: I was gonna kill you take your money. It was fun, fund I really truly did. I wish I was going with you.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: The group with his outstanding You guys are always invisted when it's fifty five sixty degrees. Everybody from Vegas and Los Angeles has winter coats on walking the strip.
Speaker 2: And I'm not exaggerating because have seen it.
Speaker 4: They think it's the Arctic, Arctic, and it's like you can still wear shorts when it's fifty five degrees if you're from Minnesota.
Speaker 2: And they are bundled.
Speaker 4: Up walking the Vegas Strip at night. Well, it's went nuts.
Speaker 1: So weather this weekend rain, Saturday and Sunday ra like that. That never happens. It's slippery as hell. Those pavements are not ready for water. It's it's I've been there a couple of times when it's been wet. It's strange as hell. Hell, if you're making enough cash, it's always raining, right s.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you got careful because Gambler melts.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, because I could put thirty inch Lorenzos on it.
Speaker 2: Man about it. Yeah all right, So Crustol has now two jobs.
Speaker 4: Number one, it's just randomly texting the group random Sauce quotes and then we have to decipher whether Sauce is winning or losing. But now Crustol has to send us an alert if Gambler shows up. Yeah, we if we have to know back here that Gambler has arrived. Yeah, Kel doesn't need to know, no Gambler. If Gambler is raging, I hurt my Gambler finger. I cut it last night, so I got to use this one. My god, I did it.
Speaker 2: Yeah some bread.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were making the fanciest thing cut bread.
Speaker 2: Did you make your own bread? No? We uh yeah, that's like a trendy thing.
Speaker 1: Don't you have someone to do that for. I don't live on that side. To be done, I was cutting it and I cut my finger. Yeah that's gambling.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Does Gambler come out like the second you walk out of the hotel?
Speaker 7: Rumors Gambler came out there.
Speaker 1: No, Gambler comes out when it's going the wrong way. He'll show up every once in a while. He showed up when we were in Vegas. Hopefully doesn't trump this time. But yeah, I just like in slots Man, I got a limit. If that goes, I'll be home on Friday.
Speaker 4: The times change, man, times change one of those first Vegas trips. This is like the ninth time I've told this story, but this is on brand for you. In Gambler, I'm playing poker and I get a call from Dov, and Dov says, could you please reach out to Sauce like he's losing his mind, like he forget he is like devastated.
Speaker 2: Could you just like see if he's all right? I'm like, man, how much is he down? Like two hundred bucks? I go lose my number. This is Las Vegas.
Speaker 4: Tell him to pull up his big boy pants for God's sake, And this.
Speaker 3: Is so on brand as well. I got the same call and guess what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you wouldn't help him. I gave him money. Yeah, I do to stop texting you, I had.
Speaker 3: I was the first I was gonna hear Gambler.
Speaker 4: That was when Gambler was baby Gambler twenty to fifteen.
Speaker 5: Two hundred bucks in Vegas. Like the money you lose the second you get off.
Speaker 2: That was the point.
Speaker 4: I'm like, look, I don't want him to be down any money, but if he's losing his mind over two hundred, he's in the wrong time.
Speaker 2: You got your neck, man, Yeah, just so.
Speaker 4: We can brand this, how are we spelling this? Because this is I love this bit? Is it just g A M B L O R. We got on like that. Gambler came up with gambler. Go on, you are cracked. He's a gambler.
Speaker 2: He's a beautiful mind. Has he also been possessed by gambler?
Speaker 3: He gambles tried to get in and let him in.
Speaker 2: God, dang it. I just said I love the bit, and then you told me that DoD came up. DoD loves a gambler to me, he's brilliant and hot.
Speaker 1: Ben.
Speaker 2: You never feel that right. You don't get the gambling itch at all? Right, man, how do we get Ben possessed by gambler? I don't really want to know how I get infected if we all were. No, we've reletted before and we've like played uh yeah, sounds like and we've played slots together before. I remember, we know, but it doesn't. It doesn't like grab me like gambler does. But it's fun being together and play Ben.
Speaker 4: Ben will participate. We're talking about going down the rabble, Gambler, you're black out. Yeah, I've got an extra spot down here for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it just goes hawk. Good to see you, buddy.
Speaker 1: You're expecting to.
Speaker 2: Hit like another hand pay when you go. Yeah, I can't wait. Scary. This is a fun trip. The Sunday. You've been out of.
Speaker 4: Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. When do you leave Monday?
Speaker 2: Nine am?
Speaker 4: Okay, so four days for four days, I think, Kris says Gambler. It makes an appearance by two pm Friday afternoon.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, but like he might not make it the Circus Sunday.
Speaker 2: If they happens that earth, they're going to fly the Wizard of Oz tomorrow today? Is that this year? Yeah? Yeah, it's unbelievable, but it's like three hundred dollars. There is Gambler, yep, there he is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then when he really really gets down in the dumbs, he's got to make a little extra money.
Speaker 2: Very well, God, that's great.
Speaker 3: Saucy who brought us the news?
Speaker 1: Echo that's the World Junior Championship coming December. In January twenty twenty six World Juniors m and two six dot com for tickets and more info.
Speaker 3: It's to be fun as we go to break I'm last year. I'm gonna play something to make you feel good because I didn't get to do the news. That's all right, you know it's going to be doing.
Speaker 2: But I took over the segment. Yeah you did.
Speaker 3: Here's the exact dups of that I like this. Let this makes me happy. A little little tiny school in Indiana, I put a microphone up at the end of the hallway and just hit recross.
Speaker 7: I saw that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's the best student makes I was so happy. Yeah, and they let the They said to the little kids, they said, hey, when you walk by, just tell us something good it happened in your life today, or something you're happy about. And they did this.
Speaker 2: I woke up at the good time today for schools the bus.
Speaker 3: Someone told me them my hair looked really pretty today.
Speaker 2: There was a new girl at school today and I think I made a new friend. So yeah, I got one hundred percent on my German test today.
Speaker 3: I finally got a girlfriend.
Speaker 2: A good thing that happened to me today was mis Gates. She compliment of artwork, and I got my bases.
Speaker 1: Obviously, I have been more hanging out with my family friend, me and my sister are actually kind of getting along now and like we're not arguing as much as we used to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, just wait till they all meet gambling. I was gonna say it would have been the best of Chris Blaiston. Somebody just going I got a hand pan.
Speaker 3: I did hear that when the little boys said I got a new girlfriend. Finally somebody goes chucky.
Speaker 2: A little Tommy on his way to third Lund. Good for him.
Speaker 3: It's just good to see their little smiles.
Speaker 2: That's how I just do. You got a roll. I got a roll again.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for booking Adam Wever tomorrow. I appreciate you helping out the Power to Morning show. It's gonna be cool to meet him. Gophers what tomorrow night?
Speaker 2: Go uh Gophers twenty eight?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, sorry, Oregon twenty eight, Gophers thirty one.
Speaker 3: Wow, Yeah, you had to.
Speaker 2: Do it alright, alright, thirty one, twenty eight.
Speaker 4: You're a believer, right, they're gonna pull it off, Tony, it'd be awesome. But little boy, Ever since I saw the Northwestern game, Eddie and I said, we got a chance, we got a chance one.
Speaker 2: So you're telling me there's a chance. I agree too. You're the best, dude. Love you guys. Thanks you see you later, all right.
Speaker 4: Tom Pello, Sarah later, saus we'll do sports in a second.
Speaker 2: We'll talk Vikings with Ben Lieber. We'll look ahead to the Bears and bikes on Sunday at noon.
Speaker 4: This is the Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Well it's almost and the suns in the sky.
Speaker 1: Now we jow wee Cafe and welcomes Trans Siberian Orchestra for two amazing shows at Target Center December twenty eighth at three pm and seven thirty pm. Tickets are on sale now get the polls. She showed details, putting a link to buy tickets at cafe dot com Cure calendar.
Speaker 3: Good morning everybody. We're grateful that you're out there listening. We appreciate it very much.
Speaker 7: This pans call.
Speaker 3: Ben's over there, high old bend Bye.
Speaker 2: That's why am I old us? Why am I so old that all of a sudden just h yeah? You actually you or what.
Speaker 3: You're you're always going to be younger than me.
Speaker 2: Oh man Alwie. You know, we talked about this on the show the other day.
Speaker 5: When you look back at your old pictures, let's say fifteen years ago, do you do you wish that you looked like that still or do you'd appreciate the age that you are now?
Speaker 2: Like your your look do you have an age that you know you looked your best?
Speaker 4: Where you're like that was that was peak me because I do, I definitely do, But do you feel like for example, so for.
Speaker 5: Example, like when I look back at old football pictures, let's say like early in my San Diego days, so let's say mid twenties. I prefer my look now than I did then in my mid twenties.
Speaker 4: And that's when Elizabeth said that because men age like fine wine and yeah we're lucky and women have it pretty tough.
Speaker 2: And she's not wrong.
Speaker 4: So you would take Ben Leeber, how old are you forty six? Forty six over twenty six?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like, yeah it looks because yeah it looks wise because I could actually I can actually grow a beard now like I couldn't.
Speaker 4: What if you still can't because I struggle with that. What age would you say is peak meat sauce?
Speaker 2: That's a good question. A lot of people are asking about it.
Speaker 1: At one point, I weighed like two hundred pounds, which I hadn't weighed since like third grade, third grade.
Speaker 2: Probably fourth grade. But I don't know. I think I'm peaked. I think now I think I feel great. I feel the best I felt.
Speaker 5: Well, I guess that's the thing, Like I I mean, Rosie, I felt much better back then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same, but Rosie had seventy five. Feels like he's forty five. He looks like he's forty five. Is he really seventy five? It's his birthday today?
Speaker 2: Come again? Unbelievable?
Speaker 3: Is it really Happy birthday, Rosopy birthday?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Happy birthday, Rosie. I can't really feel if it really is. Okay, Happy birthday, Rosie.
Speaker 3: I guess it has happened to him. Happy birthday, brother.
Speaker 2: I don't want to talk about it. Seventy four today, seventy four. Interesting.
Speaker 1: I know that because we were supposed to have a big birthday bash about five years ago.
Speaker 2: I forgot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the funniest thing happened. Yep, godsh still celebrated it. It just sucks think about it. Rosie's only going to turn sixty nine once. And COVID ruined it. Yeah, took it away from the biggest party Minneapolis has ever seen. We were planning it. It was going to be the greatest night of our lives. And when I say we, it was mostly Zach. Zach was spearheading the entire event. He really really really wanted.
Speaker 1: Never spearheaded something so hard in my life.
Speaker 2: That's not true.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I was going to be Friday the thirteenth as well. It was going to be the craziest night.
Speaker 3: Oh man, remember we had the musical act all lined up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, I remember that and then THEO. So they were just going to play that for two hours. Yeh yeh pa doing Nelly. What does he know that that was supposed to be hot in here? I think it was.
Speaker 3: It was it was that was supposed to be anyway, Happy Birthday, Rosie. We'll love you, Bud.
Speaker 4: Happy Birthday Rosie. We'll get some cake and eat it too, and eat it too. Yes, what's the best kind of cake? Hogs down?
Speaker 3: Birthday cake? Baby?
Speaker 8: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip presented by all Around your timber Tech deck building contract.
Speaker 4: Here Dairy Queen sold just the middle of their ice cream cakes, right like, just whatever, all the stuff in the middle, forget all the just the standard vanilla ice cream on top and the bottom of it.
Speaker 2: They just sold buckets of that middle section, the fudge in the crunch. Just that's.
Speaker 4: That would be my monthly budget would go to buying that and consuming it. It's one of the best things on the planet, that middle section. Nothing wrong with the rest of it. But that middle section is just elite.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, brown section brown, middle section brown.
Speaker 4: To give me Randy cor Randy's in the bathroom at your house. It was the other Randy joke, RP Super super inside JRP sauce. The floor is yours. We'll get more to it in Vikings news. But they battled the Bears on Sunday. Your Vikings are three point favorites. The Vikes are four and five, the Bears are six and three. We got an injury report that we can get into next and it includes JJ McCarthy. All right, because we're gonna do Vikings news next, Ben, just give me your ten second take.
Speaker 2: Then we can break it down next second. Little surprise Vikes are favored or.
Speaker 4: Not, considering that the Bears have one six out of their last seven and the Vikings.
Speaker 2: Are the Vikings slightly surprised, slightly.
Speaker 5: But if you if you look at the of the wins that the Bears have, I think that's where the betters are kind of like, well, you know, cute, it's good team and this is a huge test for them. This is a this is a giant confidence game for them. I mean, they really want to know who they are and where they're going, and they even even they look at their schedule and they're like, well, our wins aren't like high, high quality wins. And they squeaked out a win against the Raiders and some other teams, and they really should have lost last week. It was really more of a failure of the Giants than it was so much of the success of the Bear. So I think the betters are kind of looking at clearly like all right, going on the road, this is kind of a hostile environment. You know, we're kind of schizophrenic if we if the best version of our teams shows up, then we're the better team.
Speaker 2: So I guess it's understandable why they're the underdogs, well said Ben.
Speaker 1: Week eleven opens with the Pats hosting the two wins seven Jets tonight on Thursday Night Football at seven fifteen. Your Pats are between eleven and a half and twelve and a half point faif guy Ben Maller.
Speaker 4: Ben Maller had a stat then I'm in a paraphrase. I didn't fact check it, but I think this is accurate and it makes sense considering what we've seen the last twenty five years. Ben he said since the year two thousands, So the last twenty five years the Patriots has saw just mentioned our twelve and a half point favorites on DraftKings over the Jets. The Patriots tonight this is the fourteenth time in the last twenty five years they are double digit favorites against the Jets. And that is the most double digit favorites against one opponent in the last twenty five years. So no, no betting matchup has been this lopsided this often in the last quarter century.
Speaker 2: Patriots over Jets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would take that bet too, And I think you said it hot. I think he said. The second biggest was Ravens over the Browns. That's the second most. Yeah, that makes sense too, because the Browns have mostly been terrible and the Ravens have mostly been good.
Speaker 1: The Brady Patriots run is incredible. They played against the worst division in sports.
Speaker 4: Well, but think about this, not only not only is this the fourteenth doubble digit time, that probably also buries a whole bunch of times the Jets were eight and a half point dogs. You know what I'm saying, Like, Yeah, double digits is fourteen times they were probably very sizable favorites a lot.
Speaker 2: Of the time, even when it wasn't. I love it.
Speaker 4: So just thank you twenty five years of dominance over this team.
Speaker 2: Max O.
Speaker 1: Your Wolves battle the Kings tomorrow with seven. The Wolves are seven and four, the Kings are three and eight. That is an NBA Cup game, hey, Max? So do you know the is it? It's four games right for the NBA Cup?
Speaker 2: I believe so. So do we know who the other two opponents are?
Speaker 4: Let me it does? Oh, Chris Tock Kings tomorrow night? And then who are the other two?
Speaker 3: We've got British Columbia Johnson's okay, yeah, and the Eric Wilson led toothless center Hawks.
Speaker 5: Eric Wilson, Yes, he's kind of like a dual Athanders Jackson.
Speaker 4: The Utah Jazz got blown up by forty last week. The Kings are terrible, right, so hopefully the Wolves put up a wind tomorrow night. We'll find out who the other two games are. But and that let's get to the Cup. Let's get to Vegas. That blowout doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: Will be tough, for sure, but that that blowout does matter because remember the point differential does come into play here. I think that was that came into play last year and that's why the Wolves didn't make it to Vegas. So that forty point win definitely matters. And yeah, it kind of seems like the NBA wants the Wolves in Vegas with this group stage because it's really it's a really Oh sorry, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't know Adam Silver was on the record about that.
Speaker 6: But if they go I think if they go three and one, they have a pretty good shot of making it to Vegas. And it seems like this year more than other years in the past. And I know it's only the third year, but like Julius Randall has spoken out about how they want to win the Cup, Anthony Edwards, Chris Finch, they they're they're vocal about wanting to win this Cup. So it seems like it's a motivating force for them. And I think the Wolves or a team like the Wolves winning the Cup would be the best thing for the just like the meaning of this Cup and then of this tournament in general. Because the first year Lebron wins it, that's good for the headlines and whatnot.
Speaker 2: The Bucks win it last year, nobody really cares.
Speaker 6: But a team that doesn't have a championship, a team that doesn't have anything winning it. That's gonna add more meaning to it and it's just gonna make players want to play hard.
Speaker 2: Were you at the game last Friday?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? What do you think of the French kid? He looked good. I think I think he looks good man. And it's hard to it's garbage time. It's it's hard to tell, you know, But I thought he looked good. I thought he was moving really well. I thought he played well well with Dilly. I'd like to see Dilly gets some get some more minutes.
Speaker 2: But I think Joe am bet on Jay I think he's I think he's the.
Speaker 6: Future man and Rudy Uhr's Rudy's near in the end here, Hey, sixty eight and a half for the Oklahoma City Thunder and wins.
Speaker 2: Would you take the over the under?
Speaker 4: What are they now? Like ten and one eleven and one thing like that? They spank the Lakers?
Speaker 2: I mean, but that's.
Speaker 6: I'd take the under just because that's so sixty I mean, you only what lose fourteen games, I'd take the over.
Speaker 2: That's that's tough. You're taking the over. I'd take the over.
Speaker 6: It's one of the best records in NBA history though, if they if they got that, do you want.
Speaker 2: To take that bed? I'd take the under. I'll take the under. Well, old man, let me do it more. Well that stop you quickly? I mean you seem pretty common. You seem pretty comfident.
Speaker 1: About sixty two and a half on sixty eight and a half, just that number. I thought that they were somebody was talking about the last I know this is a seventy win team.
Speaker 4: I mean they're obviously on pace for that. But we'll see if they can maintain.
Speaker 2: Okay, hundred bucks, yeah, okay, cool.
Speaker 5: Under the sixty Yeah which number though, sixty eight and a half or the sixty two?
Speaker 2: What were you one to you? I'll take the one that unit sixty six and a half in Yeah.
Speaker 4: Right, done? Today, I have one major injury. Look at Gambler starts to Gambler getting his claws in. Ben Leeber, calm down, Zach.
Speaker 8: Viking, there is no Viking's news is next.
Speaker 1: Get ready to go crazy, Wolves fans. The debut of the print inspired City Audition Uniforms is happening this Saturday against the Denver Nuggets, and you can be there. Check out our contest page to see how you could win a pair of tickets to Saturday's game and be the first to experience the uniforms, the Prince inspired court, and a whole lot more. That's KFE dot com keyword contests who entered today.
Speaker 3: Cover Welcome back. It's some forty five here where you know, it's it's time for some vikings news. That's what it is. Good morning, carry Noble out there by the way one day. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, man, she's the best. Oh in my she's so good.
Speaker 2: She's such a good boy.
Speaker 3: She's so good, and she's even better live. It's the most incredible thing, you know, Like, imagine you were bench pressing two hundred pounds and you're like, man, I'm strong, and then somebody had sat down beside you and did bench presses. Our arm curls with it. That's what it's like to sing beside her. It's so easy for her, and you're sweating and barely able to reach the notes, and she's not even breaking a sweat. She's so good.
Speaker 5: Man, Oh man, you I needed your I need your assistance.
Speaker 2: Yesterday.
Speaker 5: So for Twin City's Live, we had to we're doing these like little goofy jingles for this upcoming promo we're doing, and I legit had to sing a song like like what four or five verses of like a Christmas song but with Twincy's live burbage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it sucks. I mean I don't have a singing voice at all.
Speaker 5: I mean that's the whole point is like we're we're all just kind of like making fun of ourselves.
Speaker 2: But like I hated it. I hated Elizabeth singer or not.
Speaker 5: I bet I think everybody in the office can sing better than everybody can sing.
Speaker 4: Be you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean was like in show choir, Oh great, you know not this guy man.
Speaker 4: You guys talked about girl rich pale kids again yesterday. Yeah, that's just like the most nostalgic thing for me. That's so much in my childhood. I freaking love those cards so much.
Speaker 2: But did you do anything with them?
Speaker 5: Because I would open up the packs and I would laugh and like, oh, how did this one die? Or what's what's like goofy and crazy about this one? And me and my buddies would laugh about it. But then they just go right, I don't know, they'd say, on a shelf.
Speaker 2: And that's like baseball.
Speaker 4: Cards or football cards. I just put them in my you know, dress or whatever. Like people traded them.
Speaker 2: I never really traded him.
Speaker 4: But you said something that I'd never really thought about until yesterday when you said it on Twin Cities Live. Those came out when I was still at the age that I don't think scared is the right word, but some once in a while you would open a card and you'd be like, oh man, you get.
Speaker 2: A little disturbed.
Speaker 4: As an adult, I looked back and I'm like, why were they such a big deal in terms of like the shock factor? But when you're like six or seven years old, you see somebody's face getting ripped off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, oh man, this card's aggress.
Speaker 4: I remember just getting a little uncomfortable as a six or seven year old.
Speaker 5: Thrill of it, the drill that was. It was like what are you going to get and how are you going to get shocked? I mean, you know, again, not only just age, but it was innocent back then.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 5: Kids these days they see stuff on social media that's like, oh, that's nothing, that's nothing.
Speaker 4: Garbage pail kids were the next level for us. Yeah, yeah, oh boy, you're getting emails what sauce you're ready. Yeah, that's two Vikings news. Oh I thought it's.
Speaker 3: Time for Vikings, but he wants nothing ready.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, thanks Rad Cooe, Benjamin. The Vikings opened Ryan Kelly's twenty one day practice window. He had a concussion in Week two against Atlanta and then another one against Pittsburgh in Dublin.
Speaker 2: And it was that second.
Speaker 4: One, which I don't even know what number in his career that is maybe one of you does It's a lot, Yeah, it's a lot, and a lot of us thought, well, this is it two within a couple of weeks. At some point here since he since he's towards the end of his career, he might just say like, I can't do this anymore. It's just not worth the risk. I can't live the rest of my life like this. But now the twenty one day practice window is open. What do you what do you project for Ryan Kelly the rest of this season?
Speaker 5: You know, I wish, yes, I wish I knew him better because I think this is a deeply personal decision versus a are you healthy enough to play? Sort of just medical thing like you would look at a sprained ankle. You know, this is this is something that you have to. It's almost like the two of stuff.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: It's like you got to take time and talk to your family and your wife, and everybody'd be like, Okay, what's what's the long term?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: Deal here, like I've had a great career and is it really worth it all? And none, none of us at least on the outside, know what those conversations have been like. So they could open up this window and he could start practicing and he could be out there, and you know, even if he doesn't feel the effects and he feels one hundred percent, it's still like, well the what if?
Speaker 2: I mean, it takes one weird play and one need to.
Speaker 5: The head that you weren't expecting or something, and all of a sudden you got another concussion and you got to think about your long term your long term life. So I don't really know what to expect. I'd love to see him back because he's a super talented player. But Brendel's played really well. It seems like the line is jelling and doing a good job. I mean, I think that he's still he's still a better version at center, but again, it's it's all about what he wants to do. And it's unfortunate that he's been put in that position.
Speaker 9: Here's KOs when we made the decision to put him on injured reserve, the idea was to have a concrete timeline that now we've exceeded, you know, out of an abundance of what we think is best for Ryan. He's doing great, he did he really responded well to the work on the side field last week. This week is really more about getting him phased back into practice. He's going to be, you know, I believe, wearing a new helmet, a guardian cap, doing some of those things from a preventative measure. But at the same time, it's how does he handle the work week?
Speaker 4: So it reminds me Ben and the listeners that don't know and I'm not even completely sure anymore either. So when you open the twenty one day window, if he does not play within the twenty one days, then he is done for the for the year.
Speaker 2: Is that right? I think you're correct. That's a good Yeah, it seems correct.
Speaker 4: I think that's how it works that if you're not ready at the end of the three weeks and they shut it down for the rest.
Speaker 3: Of somebody out there listening down, let us know if we're not right about that, please.
Speaker 5: Yep, yes, so I'm not exactly sure, but that does sound right.
Speaker 3: Here's Kose talking about our quarterback's hand.
Speaker 9: Just so you guys are aware, JJ McCarthy will have a little, you know, bandage or coverage on the top of his hand. He hit it on a helmet at one point in the game late in the game.
Speaker 2: And everything's checked out.
Speaker 9: But we just want to get out in front of potentially making sure you guys are aware from a communications standpoint, exactly what that is. Don't don't see that affecting really his week of preparation very much.
Speaker 2: It's not a painful ouchy.
Speaker 4: The last time JJ McCarthy took on the Chicago Bears, he was the NFC Offense Offensive Player of the Week and won that dramatic game one week one awesome fourth quarter comeback against the Bears. So hey, let's say, hey, the first three quarter sucked, but the fourth quarter was electric. It was let's do it again.
Speaker 3: That's fun.
Speaker 2: It was so fun. I will say this. We have you guys seen the highlight.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's it's the it's the play that that justin Jefferson dropped in the end zone, the touchdown pass that he dropped like he that's when McCarthy hits his hand. I'm I'm not worried about his hand. I know that they're telling us not to be worried about his hand. When you watch that replay, At no point in time when his hand hits the helmet slash shoulder pad does he like immediately wins or grab his hand like he's his eyes are down the field, he's watching the ball, and he's watching the play it. You would have never had no idea that his hand was actually affected. And then all all the proof that you need is going back to watch it that the touchdown passing through to Naylor. I mean, his hand was not bothering him, So you know, I'm sure he's got something on it just as a preventative, but I'm not worried about it affecting his game on Sunday at all.
Speaker 3: What was bothering him was the false starts. Here's McCarthy talking about those issues.
Speaker 10: The communication on the front end, I feel like was the biggest thing for us, Just making sure you know, going into the week, everyone knows the cadences, everyone knows which ones we're going to use and sticking to that. You know, there's a lot of different you know, tempos and rhythms to my cadence that you know, I have to clean up and make sure that we're all spot on for every single play and every single motion and all those little things. But yeah, there's been a huge emphasis on just the little things, and that's one.
Speaker 3: Of the things we're hitting on. Yeah, here's a little more.
Speaker 10: It could be dependent on the scheme. It could be dependent with the motion, or we're trying to get some intel on the defense, or it could be you know, just working cadence to maybe get someone to jump off sides and take advantage of that. So there's a lot of different situations for cadence, but at the end of the day, we just can't have it, regardless of what that situation is.
Speaker 4: So Ben on Sunday, right Kaos seeing the postgame press conference at that the McCarthy Cayten's was the problem. But then he tried to you know, oh or whatever it is. He tried to kind of you know, give him McCarthy the out. Now that we're sitting here on Thursday, do you think it's this is almost one hundred percent on McCarthy looking back, most of those false starts.
Speaker 2: Kind of seems like it. Yeah, it does kind of seem like it. Whether that's true or not, it seems like it.
Speaker 5: And again I reference this on Monday, and I'll reference it again to day. The fact that he false started on one of the eight false starts, like the quarterback false starts. You know, when all ten of the other offensive guys aren't moving, he is moving. So he clearly he clearly like didn't understand that they didn't understand when the ball was going to be snapped, so he was expecting the ball to be snapped and it wasn't.
Speaker 2: And then he's he's drifting backwards and they call him for a false start.
Speaker 5: So so clearly something's mixed up in the cadence there with all of it. And I will say this, if if there's a team between the Ravens and the Bears that were you need to mix kate and you need to mess up their timing. I think it's more important for the Bears game than it was for the Ravens game. The Ravens didn't do a ton of like presnet movement the Bears do, and the Bears are very sneaky about how they disguise their stuff, and they're going to bring blitzers from depth they're gonna and so if you could have a cadence where you can get them to tip what they're gonna do. If Brisker is gonna play, he's usually the safety that inserts sort of late into the rotation of the defense, and you want to see that. You want to see when they start in too high safety, like all right, which one of these guys is going to rotate down because they do it a lot.
Speaker 2: If it's gonna be Brisker, is he moving? What kind of coverage are they going to be in?
Speaker 5: This is more now the game where you kind of want to mess with cadence. You do want to mess with the rhythm and the pre snap operation. So you know, unfortunately we're probably gonna simplify things just so we don't have those false starts. But this is a game where you actually really want to use it.
Speaker 3: One more here's JJ McCarthy talking about his action with Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 10: For us, it's just okay there for every effect, there's a cause, and how do that cause happen? And getting into the why behind the successful plays and the plays that don't connect, and you know, a lot of it is on me, like I got to be better. And you know he's going to say the same thing. But at the end of the day, we're all striving to just make sure that those things don't happen.
Speaker 2: And you know he gets the ball.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, I mean, listen, they're all going to say this the right thing. You know, we're really gonna never know like where the miscommunication sometimes happens or why things fall apart. I mean as a quarterback and you know you hear Koc talk about all the time as the head coach, the.
Speaker 2: Buck has to stop there.
Speaker 5: So you're going to take responsibility, whether you actually feel it or not, you have to say you're taking responsibility for those things. So he's doing it. He's right, Jets is going to say the same thing. So bottom line is I hope they get it figured out. How much would help the team in general and TJ. Hawkins and if if and when Josh Oliver plays, who was limited yesterday.
Speaker 2: You know, he just gives us a lot.
Speaker 5: He just gives us a lot when it comes to flexibility and creativity about what we can do with our personnel groups and you know, he's a heck of a blocker. I think he makes he makes Hawkinson a better blocker. He allows Hawkinson to move around a little bit more because you have some more stability out there. But I would say that the ware offensive line is playing now is probably less important to have Oliver out there, because you know, we needed him when when we were down three offensive linemen, four offensive linemen or whatever it was, all those different rotations of guys, And now that all the guys are back, and at least on the injury report, they were limited. But that's that seems like sort of normal for what the injuries are coming off of, So we're going to have another healthy offensive line. Yes, it's nice to have him back because he's one of the best blocking Titans in the league, but I think it's kind of less important now than it was maybe five games ago.
Speaker 4: How different do you think Ben Johnson is now compared to the past handful of years with the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 5: I think he'd probably still like to have a rushing attack that that was a little bit more explosive now. I mean, I say that, and they're one of the best in the league. But the thing is, you take away all the scrambles that you've seen from Caleb and all those rushing yards. They go from the number two rushing offense all the way down to like fourteen fifteen rushing offense. Now, I didn't do the math on like taking away the quarterback runs from all the other teams as well, but it shows you the magnitude of the rushing offense is good. I think it's great when you throw in the scrambling ability. I think that he would he would like to have you know, a you know, a guy like they have in Detroit, and maybe they get that, they get that worked out in the offseason, but it's still a very creative offense. They keep you thinking, and it's it's the scramble ability and the deep playability that they have on second chance plays that really really worries me. It worried me the first game, and they're just getting They're gaining more confidence with every game.
Speaker 2: So this this is gonna be a tough out on Sunday Nude right here on the fan. Yeah, Maree. Game starts at ten. Can't wait.
Speaker 4: Sauce checks in with Chris from Vegas around ten forty forty five.
Speaker 2: Unless I'm back home.
Speaker 3: Yep, he could be Yeah, if I hear this, Yeah, gamblers coming in living with ugs daddy.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I cannot wait.
Speaker 4: If your whole weekend goes south, that phone call on Sunday morning is going to be epic.
Speaker 3: I can't wait.
Speaker 4: Its is three days of getting your ass kicked and you want to come home, and you.
Speaker 2: Got to get up and make that phone call. It'll still be it'll be great. It's a fun trip regardless.
Speaker 3: Cold a lot.
Speaker 2: Every but that's pretty bastard. You're pretty bastard, putting me down to like five of you. Yeah, who's left me? Hogs Crazyl Criezels out. You know he was out last week? Even a flash bonus.
Speaker 1: Bonus Marnie, I think that might be a five five or starter bets will tweet it here in a minute.
Speaker 2: Or to bessel up to you guys.
Speaker 4: Thank you, uh fan five in a second tom Pella Sara on like twenty minutes headlines later.
Speaker 2: This is the power to a morning. Join the fan