Speaker 1: Your girlfriend listens to true crime podcasts.
Speaker 2: To feel something. It was the last mistake she would ever make.
Speaker 1: You listen to us to feel nothing. Welcome back to Rover's Morning Glory.
Speaker 2: She isn't coming up at a moment. What do you have on the way to do?
Speaker 3: Are you the winner of the Powerball?
Speaker 2: Just my cover coming in here to awesome? So I get paid.
Speaker 3: Let's go. I'll give you the update to that story. Did anyone win? I'll tell you it next.
Speaker 2: Wow, are you the winner? Did anyone win? Okay?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Did you check? We'll check live on the air.
Speaker 5: I had the Nike hyper Adapt shoes, that's what they were called. I just googled them. They were here's what they look like. Pull that up. There, there's a Nike hyper Adapt. Is what it costs at the time. They's a waste of money. And I just looked on on eBay and there you go, there's there. They are one hundred and fifty dollars, one hundred and seventy nine dollars of five hundred and seventy five dollars. There aren't the Back to the Future shoes. No, they're no, they're not. Well, they but they were when they first came out. They're not the high top by Back to the Future. Those came out like a year after these.
Speaker 2: These were.
Speaker 5: Marketed as like they were inspired by Back to the Future and then and then for people that can't tie their shoes. Correct, No, no, it wasn't for people that. It wasn't for the purpose.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: No, that's the other kind of Uh. They have another technology of bill Crow. Now they had something what was it? Is it not a step in one?
Speaker 2: I forget they had something that for people who can't tie their shoes.
Speaker 5: Dougie Hater Dave seventy two. You're on Rover this morning, Glory, Good morning, Dougie Hated Dave.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Hey Rover. I just want to let.
Speaker 6: Douzie know that I am selling stupidity necklaces for sixty.
Speaker 2: Five dollars and also I have booster.
Speaker 6: Thumb down earrings for thirty five for four cool hundred bucks that can surround your whole head and take all the stupidity out of you.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 5: I love this yes place, I mean, she really is, Dougie, you really are.
Speaker 2: And then she spent how much did you spend on this thing? Total?
Speaker 5: This bracelet and the booster one hundred and one hundred some dollars.
Speaker 3: What did I say? One hundred and fifteen one hundred.
Speaker 2: And twenty bucks or whatever? And then and then she gets on the.
Speaker 5: Phone with her daughter and during the commercial break, now she's buying a Stanley.
Speaker 3: Mom, don't say that it's for birthday gift.
Speaker 5: For part Oh all right, never mind, forget that I thought it was for her. Are those things expensive?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, it's a gift.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, yeah, take that all back.
Speaker 5: I don't think whatever fifteen year old girl is going to be listening to this show probably knows she's getting that too, right eighteen?
Speaker 2: Oh? Oh hate all right? Dog hated dank you?
Speaker 5: Now I a little Birdie told me something that you had a face to face meeting with somebody yesterday.
Speaker 2: Is that true?
Speaker 4: That is?
Speaker 2: And what's the meeting and what happened?
Speaker 6: I am going to adopt Charlie's dad's dog.
Speaker 2: You are for sure or you're just in the running. Well, we me and Charlie.
Speaker 6: Did not do a virtual virtual shake shake. We did an extra handshake. And Charlie is bringing me the dog Monday, same time, same place, And uh, I'm gonna have a good time with the dog, and the dog is gonna have a great life.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, yeah, he's great. He came out.
Speaker 5: He brought treats for the dog to meet him for the first time, and so the dog took to him right away because he dog was very interested in peeing on things at the moment. But they can't be bothered, no, but they'll be they'll be good friends.
Speaker 4: You're a good man, mister hater. He'll take care of of Charlie's dad's dog.
Speaker 3: I think that would be really sweet.
Speaker 2: Uh. And I told.
Speaker 6: Charlie I will be giving him updates on the dog.
Speaker 2: I hope to be. I hope the dog likes going on the boat.
Speaker 6: The one thing, the dog sheds a lot, which is no problem. And I'm gonna tell you that dog has some huge testicles.
Speaker 2: All right. Combine that with his I'm gonna have fun with the dog.
Speaker 5: That's when he said he's take him. As soon as he saw the dog sad, He's like, that's my dog. Yeah, okay, all right. Well, Dougie hated her day Monday, see you day, all right?
Speaker 6: Bye?
Speaker 2: Bye, Dugi? Are you ready for the shizzy?
Speaker 6: Here you go?
Speaker 3: Pay I'll roll this morning.
Speaker 4: Glory White House Press Secretary Caroline love It is stepping down at the end of August. So this marks one of the highest profile exits of the president's second term, with midterm elections less than three months away. I didn't know that she just had a baby. She has a newborn at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with like a six year old guy. Oh really, that sixty years old.
Speaker 5: Let me guess he's like some financial guy, because how I loaded.
Speaker 2: She is twenty eight, twenty eight, Oh, that's it. Yeah, and he is sixty one.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 3: So when I read her maybe sad, like I felt bad?
Speaker 2: Sure, Wait, who's is that her husband?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 2: Who is that Nicholas Riccio Rikio? Who? And what is he there?
Speaker 5: He's got to be a finance guy, I'll bet rich finance guy.
Speaker 2: She's twenty eight really and he's sixty one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so she's stepping down.
Speaker 2: Real estate developer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's got newborn at home, and it's just that's a lot. And she came back right away after she gave birth. I think she came back maybe in July. It's just a lot to be away from your family.
Speaker 2: So she's a easy job.
Speaker 4: But she has Yeah, absolutely a man who ran an in home daycare with his wife. Is believed to have killed his wife and their young daughter before taking his own life while the other children were inside the home. Remember it was a daycare center, so kids are in the home and he does all of this. According to police officers in Minnesota, they had to respond to the report of a stabbing at the daycare in Hopkins, Minnesota. It was about nine o'clock in the morning. They found two adults and a child dead. Police believe a third victim, a seventy eight year old woman found dead at a home in the nearby city of Burnsville, is connected to the same case. The two victims at the daycare, forty one year old woman and a seven year old girl.
Speaker 3: They were found fatally stabbed in the basement well. The forty one year old.
Speaker 4: Males suspect was found dead upstairs of a self inflicted gun show.
Speaker 2: Can you tell me there were other kids that were there at the time. We was there.
Speaker 4: Other very young children who were at the daycare at the time were unharmed and have since been reunited obviously with their parents.
Speaker 2: Hey, remember we were talking.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's a terrible thing, obviously, Bill, you know that we played that video of Perez Hilton at his home cutting himself, and I mean, this was an unhinged video from this guy, and he was taken away in an ambulance. He still committed to a mental hospital or whatever. But remember I said that he had three kids. Yeah, oh, they were in the house at the time I read. Yeah, they were, and maybe who else I don't know who else, his sister or his mother or son.
Speaker 2: Somebody was in there. And how old are the kids?
Speaker 3: Oh, they're like thirteen, eleven and eight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paraz Hilton's mom she has see she is currently seeking temporary custody of his three children as he's still in his mentory.
Speaker 5: Can never give these kids back to this dude. Seriously, I mean that is so nuts what this guy did. I don't care what kind of drugs they put you on, what kind of therapy they give you, You can never trust that guy to have children around ever again.
Speaker 2: Ever.
Speaker 5: I mean that's this is not a like moping around, Oh I'm kind of depressed sort of thing. This is taking all your clothes off, cutting your own dong, and slicing yourself all up with a knife on a livestream video, saying that you hope that you die.
Speaker 2: Why aren't you dead yet? And all this craziness.
Speaker 5: You can never if you're the state of Florida, well, I don't know, things are different in Florida. So but you could never give those kids back to this guy ever, because what if he does something again in the future, They're going to go, why did you give those kids back to that guy? What if he kills them or something. I mean, it's just really crazy that they were in there. That's that's just it makes it ten times worse that they're in the house. They must have known what was going on obviously, or that there was some sort of giant disturbance.
Speaker 2: Just great, anyway, go on.
Speaker 4: A single winning ticket in last night's billion dollar Powerball drawing was sold, but it was sold in Quincy, Illinois. The massive jackpot has a cash value of more than four hundred and fifty million dollars, and it's the largest Powerball prize one so far this year and the eighth largest in the game's history. So did you guys check us if you want anything, maybe even four bucks.
Speaker 5: Let me see, now I've made a critical air.
Speaker 2: I'm a real, real dumbass.
Speaker 5: I put the auto so I didn't have to think about it about a week. There's three drawings a week on power Ball, and I put the auto by on there.
Speaker 2: I said, I'm gonna do the next twenty drawings. Oh, I don't know, because I didn't want to forget.
Speaker 5: And I didn't want to miss out on my billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Now I'm locked in.
Speaker 5: It's gonna it's it's it's gonna go all the way back to whatever it is low amounts.
Speaker 2: Nobody's ever gonna win a million.
Speaker 3: Right now, I'll take twenty.
Speaker 5: I would actually be upset if I won power Ball and the jackpot was twenty twenty million.
Speaker 2: That's what it starts at. I think that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what don't put through twenty million?
Speaker 2: That's a lot of money.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: I mean, I have it, but I go, wait a second.
Speaker 5: Once in a lifetime I win Powerball and I won twenty million dollars, I would be I.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't baggers can't be choosers.
Speaker 5: I would be upset. I'd be very upset when I could have won a billion dollar or most like most Powerball jackpots, five hundred million, I get a paltry twenty million.
Speaker 7: Three that's right. Would you be mad if we did a pool? Do you ever do a pool with anybody? Got to be mad too? Why I got?
Speaker 5: I signed up a bitch. I should have done this on my own. I don't want to split it a fugia twenty other people.
Speaker 2: Let me see, well, let me look at my uh because I did a pool yesterday.
Speaker 8: I don't know, probable that's a look, but like eight people, maybe six people.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure who did you do it with? People?
Speaker 7: I know?
Speaker 2: People?
Speaker 3: Aren't you friends?
Speaker 2: You don't know what those are?
Speaker 9: No, I have no winners nothing, No winner, did not win anything yesterday.
Speaker 2: Winner. Sorry.
Speaker 4: Speaking of money, a blockbuster deal in the sports world was announced. The Los Angeles Lakers are being sold to a group led by entrepreneur Josh Kushner and former Disney CEO Bob Eiger for more than twelve billion dollars huge deal. It marks a new record for the sale of national sports franchise. According to ESPN, Kushner, who is the younger brother of President Trump's son in law Jared Kushner, and Eiger, they shifted their focus from pursuing an NBA expansion team in Vegas and instead made a successful bid for the Lakers. The pairs say that they're honored to become stewards of one of the world's most iconic sports brands.
Speaker 2: The Lakers were just sold like a year ago or something, I thought, right.
Speaker 4: Current owner Mark Walter, who also owns the Los Angeles Dodgers, purchased the Lakers from the Bus family last year for ten billion.
Speaker 9: So in the.
Speaker 5: Married two billion dollars just like that. Man, oh man, that's something, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 5: But you know what it's interesting about that now I'm sharing this guy obviously he said he owns the Dodgers. Whoever owned the Lakers for the past year. Yeah, so he's loaded, obviously. But you would think, you go, Okay, I bought the Lakers ten billion dollars. I don't know if he used all his own cash, if he finances that. I don't know how he did it.
Speaker 2: But you know, that's a.
Speaker 5: Big thing to put together a deal like that once you think you want to own that for a while. Even even when they go all you can make a two billion dollar profit. But the guy's already loaded. I'm sure he owns the Dodgers, he owns the Lakers. I don't think he's hurting for cash. I would want to own that for a while and enjoy that, have that for ten years, twenty years, and then sell it.
Speaker 2: And then you sell for twenty five billion dollars. What they will always I had to do with anything.
Speaker 3: He wasn't really doing anything that much.
Speaker 2: I mean, but I don't think. I mean, the Lakers are the Lakers.
Speaker 3: They're always.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a big franchise. It's like.
Speaker 5: It's in a major media market. It's a valuable asset.
Speaker 2: You hold on to that. It's worth twenty.
Speaker 5: Billion dollars in a few years. You're shaking your head. Why I think that flip it? It doesn't seem like something you would flip that.
Speaker 3: That's what people do with homes all the time.
Speaker 2: I know it's a home, not a BA franchise.
Speaker 3: I could make two billion an year. I would do it.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: That's a shizzy on Rowers Morning Glory.
Speaker 2: One a bone.
Speaker 1: Sign up for RANG Plus can get all the bonus content you can take your sticket aftermath, Brody Leftover's Orange Archives more extras than you get from your favorite exotic dancer. RMZ Plus sign up now at Roverradio dot Com.
Speaker 5: Seto says, you know you're playing for twenty million Outeah, I know I'm locked in, locked in for I've probably seventeen more draws in Powerball.
Speaker 3: How much is that ticket? Just a single ticket?
Speaker 2: I think I'm yeah, but I bought.
Speaker 5: Uh, let me see, I think I I think I did twenty bucks a draw. Oh my god, this is a total waste of money in that says we're over.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't say that. You just jinks to yourself.
Speaker 5: I jinxed myself into twenty million dollars, damn it.
Speaker 2: But Waco agrees with me.
Speaker 5: If I'm burning that kind of luck, I want more than twenty million, out of which you'll probably only clear about eight.
Speaker 2: Million dollars.
Speaker 6: Only.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Columbus Jim says that the guy who sold the Lakers is under investigation.
Speaker 2: That's why he sold right away, under investigation from one I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want to own that for a longer period of time, you know, like my famous star Trek memorabilia that I had purchased from the original Starship Enterprise. I haven't even opened it up, but I've had that for let me see here, about a year and a half you think you have it, Yeah, exactly, I do hope it's in there.
Speaker 2: A year and a half, I've had it.
Speaker 5: And even if you said, okay, you could turn around Rover and you could make a little bit of a profit on this right now, I wouldn't want to sell that. I want to hold on to that. I want to do something now. I do have to have a longer term. It's in my garage and it's not climate controlled, and I you know it is. In the winter, it doesn't get cold. There is a heater in there. But in the summer, man, it's hot in there. It's humid in there. It's probably not good for You'll do something.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's in this crate. I don't know are animal is going to get in there.
Speaker 5: And I don't think I can take these these risks with this museum quality piece that I that I acquired.
Speaker 2: My wife really wanted to kill me. She still wants to kill me. And she mustn't go out in that garage every day to just go why did I marry this idiot? Dan's has billionaires have a sickness. There is never enough money. Do you think that's true?
Speaker 5: I mean, to some extent, maybe because I remember when I was when I was younger, and there was this guy working in I was making I was working at Denver, and I believe I was making twenty nine thousand or thirty thousand dollars a year, and there was maybe thirty five it's somewhere around there. Thirty grand will say, I don't remember exactly, And there was I heard that this show that worked at the our other radio station that he was making. I don't even remember what dollar amount it was. Let's just say one hundred thousand, I don't remember what it was, seventy five thousand, I don't know. And I remembered thinking to myself, oh my god, if I could just make that amount of money, I'd be set. I'll never want for anything the rest of my life. Well years later, I ended up making that amount of money, whatever it was, and I don't recall what it was, and I remember having that thought of man, this is the amount that I wanted to make, and I was going to be set, and I immediately was just like, well, this isn't gonna do what I need to make more.
Speaker 4: Well, I remember the most money you ever made at the time when I met you, in LA, they give you a great salary.
Speaker 3: What's the first thing you did?
Speaker 2: I went out, I bought a horse? What are you doing? Yeah, I'm still bid. I don't know. I can't, you know, Like, No, that's just being young.
Speaker 5: I'm a lot smarter about stuff now, I'm not. No.
Speaker 8: Jeffrey just tweeted let's not forget your dumbest purchase bankruptcy Buck and tweeted that out.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 3: He's more active.
Speaker 5: Can I just get Ai to read out his tweets in his voice and then he doesn't even actually have to come in?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I think I don't know bankruptcy box. Here's here's here's what I'm playing. I'm playing with fire with bankruptcy Box. I believe I could turn around and sell Bankruptcy Box right now at a significant increase.
Speaker 2: I believe, I think.
Speaker 5: Uh, but what happens when the real estate market like a real estate what?
Speaker 2: What if it tanks?
Speaker 5: And then I'm going to be left holding the bag with that thing, I'm never going to be able to unload it.
Speaker 3: And it's it's she could What do you mean holding the bag? If you sell it?
Speaker 5: If I don't sell it, if I don't sell it. Well, then you get the house that you wanted. What's the difference. I get the house that I wanted. What do you mean you bought a house down the bankruptcy box. I mean yeah, so, yeah, you're not holding the bag.
Speaker 2: You're living.
Speaker 8: You're living in the house that you you're fixing up. You just get to stay there. Essentially, the market will go back up. You just have to live and I can take ten to fifteen years. Some are you trying to sell it? No, so then there's nothing to worry about. You're not holding anything. You've got the thing you like and you own it. Now that's great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I have a place. I'm sorry, but I'm beholding to the government now with these high property taxes. Well that part you knew that going on. That are you gonna say?
Speaker 9: I said, it's like getting into a marriage and think about divorce. That's you and that in this house. Yeah, Like what you think about selling it? What do you know? You've got the thing, it's all done, it's all set you.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: I agree with you to some extent, but it would kill me though if I was like, oh man, I could get out of the nightmare of bankruptcy box.
Speaker 2: And wind insurance, and yeah, I mean.
Speaker 5: And actually make a sizeable amount of money, which may offset almost all of what I've dumped into it, including taxes and maintenance fees and construction and all that very very expensive I might be able to recoup that straight.
Speaker 2: Like it would really.
Speaker 5: Bother me if I went to sell it five years from now and I sold it for you, go, oh, man, I could.
Speaker 2: I should have sold it five years ago. So I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, before you sell it, let us come down and party in it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm going to.
Speaker 4: Do you think that you'll retire there? Do you think you'll live there every day of the year.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: I like having it just as a place to go during the I hate the weather here during the winter, and I don't like having it.
Speaker 2: During the winter. I don't mind, no, of course, not if.
Speaker 5: I'm mind in here, I move, Okay. I just don't like the weather in the winter. I hate driving in the snow. I hate the snow. I hate the cold. Actually, in the summer, it's great, It's perfect weather. I sit out in the three seasons room, watch some Netflix cat on my chest.
Speaker 2: Life doesn't get any better than that, right, Okay, I've got to take a quick break, will be right back on Rover's Morning Glory.
Speaker 5: Hang on, there's someone who says, speaking of Netflix, have you seen I will find you? It's an eight episode series, pretty damn good. I don't watched that, but I believe that's one of those weird series that I don't know who this writer is, whatever the name is, it's something like Harlan Coban or something weird like that. They all seem to be the vast majority of them are British series, all these TV series. I think that might be one of them, but I'm not sure. But I don't think that one's British. I think they're actually in America.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 5: How this writer has time to write all this crap, because they're all, I mean, just an incredible amount everything on Netflix is now this dude, I watched something stupid yesterday.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, the Long Walk.
Speaker 2: That was dumb. It wasn't terrible.
Speaker 5: It's not great, but it's it's not It could have done a lot more. I don't know why they weren't fighting each other, like pinning each other down. That doesn't happen at all. I mean, at one point they get in an argument or whatever. The they're also not really that tired at the end.
Speaker 3: They're not.
Speaker 5: They're like, oh, I know that's what I'm watching the long Walk. I'm watching this movie mile three hundred or something. You're like, no, you wouldn't be just you wouldn't be just walking and still talking and just they chose some people tiring out obviously, but like, what now.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: I And it's it's interesting because it made me because I walked my Ultra marathon twenty eight miles total in London. I know what that feels like. And uh. And and as it's first starting, it's like day one, and they get to like, you know, thirty miles and I'm like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're still just and they're fine. They're still kind of hopping and even skipping, and.
Speaker 5: This is not totally And then they're getting to these ridiculous things. They're just walking. They're not even allowed to sleep. They're walking non stop for like five days or something. Three hundred miles. Yeah, they're sleep walking.
Speaker 8: And I once growing up, I made a friend stayed up for three days, three days straight. Yeah, we just were like how long can we stay up? You go literally insane. You go actually crazy. You start seeing things, nothing makes sense.
Speaker 5: People could talk to you, and you fall asleep with your eyes open, like you're not aware that you're even You're just like what it's happening. It is, You're in a dream world, and it is. It's like being legally high. These guys are just walking for three I wasn't even walking, you know, we're sitting around for three days. And they were actually sleeping while they walked too. You saw that one part, Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: I also question, there's no way they were going three point zero.
Speaker 2: Three miles an hour. Oh, they were moving not all.
Speaker 4: The time, like their discrepancy, and they weren't.
Speaker 2: Sometimes three miles an hour is not super fast.
Speaker 3: They weren't walking fast.
Speaker 2: I walked. I walked a mile yesterday. Why we just walked? Them walking and walking every day?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Wow? No, get healthier? I don't know.
Speaker 5: And I'm walking the dog. So walking the dog, I'm not making good time at all now.
Speaker 2: Because he's stopping, he's snuffing, he's peek.
Speaker 8: And I did, and I was going to and afterwards my watchhold made to two and a half miles per hour. I was moving slow and freeze not that fast. But those guys they were cooking sometimes. They must have been going six. No, they were moving.
Speaker 2: And then there's just a.
Speaker 5: Dumb part where the guy's mom comes out and she's like, you could walk walk next to him. You could walk next to him for four hours, you know. The mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why she's like, she's no, they don't like this.
Speaker 7: He runs back to go of his mama hug and it's like, we'll walk forward a little bit. She's just standing there like she's rooted to the ground. It was idiotic, it was she was seeing her so stupid too. It's just some war that happened. And there's secret songs. What what secrets? The guy had secret messages? He was what are they talking about? Secret songs? The dad he was releasing the secret songs? What what does that mean? What does that band?
Speaker 2: Songs? Probably anti government in communist Russia? You can't guess the rock and roll.
Speaker 5: And then everybody signs up, wouldn't Well, they're so no, they wouldn't. They were so I guess it's so poor and run down and the country is in shambles that the only way out is to do the long And then when the first guy gets shot, they're all like shocked. They've been growing up with this for twenty years. Just walking they would just be like it's happening. They were way too calm for knowing they're going on to death March that you could like, it would be one thing if they didn't know what they signed up for. And then they're like they're like, oh, by the way, if you don't finish, you're dead.
Speaker 2: Well you'll know that. Yeah, they know because they've signed up and they're going to do it.
Speaker 4: So like at the Hunger Games, going to the ceremony knowing you're going to get one person's goud boy and a girl's.
Speaker 3: Gonna get picked, they're all freaking out. They're all like, oh my god, I don't want to do this. Four walk. Everyone's like, what's up?
Speaker 2: Four out of ten? Nothing?
Speaker 3: I said five?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I'd say about five, or said six five or six.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It wasn't terrible, but.
Speaker 3: I'm glad I watched it.
Speaker 5: Timmy D's says Rover, would you quit your job if you won eight million dollars? And maybe he's saying, if you want the low power ball at twenty, you put eight in your pocket.
Speaker 2: I don't know, maybe that's what you saw.
Speaker 4: Eight in my pocket, even eight total in in your pocket?
Speaker 2: Eight in my pocket. There's no thought. Yeah you so million you could take out? No, but I enjoy. I enjoy my job.
Speaker 5: You could live if I do it for a while, I probably quit after like a year or something.
Speaker 8: I guess eight is plenty. You could quit easily. And then you have one hundred and sixty thousand dollars. You can take two percent out and you're probably gonna be getting more than that if if you do it right. But you can take two percent out four, Well, okay, you want to do four? I was just gonna do two.
Speaker 10: A safe number earlier. We always says eight. Okay, so let's do that three hundred twenty thousand. Let me just double check. That's three. Uh yeah, that's pretty good. Yeah, that's plenty even.
Speaker 3: Imagine like that's insane amount of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and never touch the initial money basically.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I enjoyed doing what I do. I enjoy coming in here with your money day. Maybe you'd like to go, like to rob it in your face every day. You just do it for yourself. Have a nacklist made out of money. Just one hundred dollars bills. I don't think you'd do you'd wake up.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: Oh. We changed the hours of the show for sure. By the start time of the show would be whatever to get up?
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh the Growers on today at eleven am or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's how it were.
Speaker 3: Like one pm.
Speaker 5: Yeah whatever. Yeah, some things would certainly change. I suppose unlike there's you, you know she, I won't change when I have a kid. I'm not stupid. I'm like, I wouldn't change if I had eight million dollars. Of course things would change. But I actually enjoyed doing what I do. Believe it or not. I just wanted to do this. I don't know what I'm going to do after this. I haven't thinking about No, I've been thinking about that quite a bit, Like you.
Speaker 3: Don't have an out.
Speaker 4: I was talking to another guy and he's like, what am I going to do when I stopped doing radio?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: I like?
Speaker 3: You better start thinking about it, you guys start thinking.
Speaker 5: Well, the problem with all of us radio people are we have very little talent.
Speaker 3: I mean we're I'm good for nothing.
Speaker 5: This is a very niche talent that we have that does not translate into anything else. Period. We're worthless. We're worthless human beings. Nobody in radio has any education. We kind of stumbled into this job.
Speaker 4: I got a lot to do when I'm done with this. I got Dougie's event center.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I got.
Speaker 4: Don't wait, so that's the new Thing's events center.
Speaker 3: No, I got. You just slipped up now, guy dolls.
Speaker 5: She she did say she's excited about something. I don't know what she is so exciting business.
Speaker 3: No, it's not a new business.
Speaker 4: It's something that I'm working on that got me really excited.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, okay, does it bring money in? Yes, learn about this.
Speaker 3: It's not a business.
Speaker 2: When do we learn about this?
Speaker 3: I'm still ironing out a few things with someone.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: So you'll know when the time's all right.
Speaker 5: All right, all right, So you guys would all quit if you got eight million dollars.
Speaker 2: What's the what's the minimum amount of money you need to get to quit? Four million?
Speaker 3: Really take home?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 8: Four million times point oh four, one hundred and sixty thousand.
Speaker 5: That's great, that's great about money. So it's not about four million in the bank. Yeah, So you get a four million in the bank and then you can take out four percent and.
Speaker 3: Then let it still accrue. Yes, we used to work.
Speaker 4: At CBS Radio in one of our big bosses always nips, remember nips.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: He would always tell he was.
Speaker 4: A millionaire ult yeah, and he would just he was living off of the interest of his money in the bank.
Speaker 3: He would always brag about it.
Speaker 5: That's how you used to be able to do that, where you could work for a company and they would give you some stock and then they get sold, and then you have these weird stock options and then some dude who's just a radio general manager could end up becoming a multi millionaire. Somehow, those days are over. I mean, look out here. You see too many millionaires running around at iHeart No, you see a bunch of depression bobbies. I saw one of those kids yesterday, the new sales kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't call them kids, it's just dissed.
Speaker 2: Well, they look like children, youngs, that's mean.
Speaker 5: And they were so bright eyed when they came in here about three or four weeks ago. And then I saw the kid. He looked like he was he looked suicidal. I was like, you might have to call the hot wine. Yeah, He's like, yeah, yeah, nobody there to nurse them and coddle them like they did at those liberal, liberal arts colleges or whatever that they went to. They're happy, welcome, welcome to iHeart work hard, don't get paid.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I just now I always wanted to do this job.
Speaker 5: So I was just telling the story to somebody and they thought I was. I don't even remember who I was telling the story to. But they're like, wait a second. You were sit there in the in the in your bedroom and make tapes pretending to be on the radio for eight hours a day, and they didn't they didn't believe me. I go, you got to talk to my mom. My mom must have thought I was a complete she must have thought. She must have thought, oh my god, I have this son who's a complete mental case. There's no doubt she probably was concerned that I was going to have to be institutionalized at some point because I used to just sit in my room. I'm pretty time to be on the radio.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I think that that would actually be pretty cool.
Speaker 4: I'm jealous of families that have that kid that has that desire and they know exactly what they want to do.
Speaker 3: Like I.
Speaker 4: A few people were obviously talking about colleges now and scheduling the act and all of that.
Speaker 3: And there are some parents that are like, oh, so and so wants to do the business school.
Speaker 4: They're going to be an account or they're going to do or they're going to this for nursing.
Speaker 5: It's like, God, I yeah, but I was obsessed over stuff. She's knowing what you want to do and then obsessing, Like I would be worried if I if I were my mom, I'd be like, you got to go outside.
Speaker 2: Like stop it with this nonsense.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 5: It was to the point it was it was totally insane what I was doing. I would I would call people because you know, I would pretend to be on the radio. I didn't have anybody listening, and I didn't have any anything to give away. I didn't have anybody calling in. So I used to just call random phone numbers out of the phone book and tell them that I was from a radio station and that they had won a prize.
Speaker 2: And record it. I mean, isn't that insane?
Speaker 3: No adorable?
Speaker 2: And that I got this catalog yesterday?
Speaker 5: Because I buy some like radio equipment every now and then, and I'm on the mailing list for a broadcast supply warehouse, and I get the catalog in the mail yesterday and I go, oh, maybe i'll put this in the bathroom. I'll next time I take a dumpball, I'll flip through this catalog. I don't need anything, but I'll flip through it. And it brought back a memory that the first page it's for like you know, radio engineers and like radio people. It's got to have some regular consumer stuff in there too, but it's got a lot of crap that only radio stations would be. And on the front few pages it's radio transmitters. I'm not talking about a radio transmitter that you put on a you remember Radio check used to sell radio transmitters, by the way, I would buy them and try to transmit my fake radio station for like one hundred foot radius or whatever.
Speaker 2: But these are.
Speaker 5: Broadcast transmitters that you would put like at a tower set with a big antenna, and that things cost I don't know how much, like one hundred thousand, five hundred thousand dollars whatever. I don't know, And I remember being a kid. I don't know, I don't remember how old I was. I'm guessing probably like fourteen or something, and I figured out that you could go to the library and get Radio and Records magazine. It's like a newspaper, big, big format thing. It doesn't even exist anymore, but it was the industry. It's like the what are they like variety for the movie industry, the entertainment industry. You know, this was like that for radio.
Speaker 2: It and you in.
Speaker 5: Order to get a radio and record subscription. It was even back then. It was it was it was it would come every week. You'd get Radio and Records in the mail. And it was like two thousand dollars a year to subscribe to this. So nobody could get this. But I figured out they had this at the library. Go figure, So now I can browse through all the classified ads and I can try to get a job in radio. And then and then they'd have ads in there for various radio equipment, and some of the stuff was transmitters, and I remember calling, I go, man, maybe what I do is I just buy a transmitter and I just start my own radio station. Now I know that there's FCC rules, but how are they going to know? I remember I called up a transmitter place and I'm like, I need to buy an FM transmitter. And they're like, what radio station are you from? And don't I don't even remember what I said. I just remember the guy within about twenty seconds realized, well, this is a nutcase on the phone that I'm talking to. This is a scammer that I'm talking to. But I wanted to buy a go I can't find. I applied for every radio job. Nobody would hire me. So then I go, Oh, what I'm gonna have to do is I'm just gonna have to start my own radio station. I'm so stupid, But you know what that's Being stupid is sort of an asset at that age because you now, as an adult, I could look at that and go, you're an idiot.
Speaker 2: That's not gonna work. But as a kid, you think everything's gonna work.
Speaker 5: You're not smart enough to realize that you're going to fail ninety nine percent of the time at whatever it is that you try, so you keep doing it and it eventually if you're successful.
Speaker 2: So you are an optimist. I think I am an opt the mist.
Speaker 5: Believe it or not. I know you guys don't think that. You think I'm a surly curmudgeon. You are, but I I really am an optimist.
Speaker 8: I one of the most negative people I've ever met.
Speaker 3: Shut up, like, really, who else is more negative?
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't. I'm just leaving space for him, but I can't.
Speaker 5: I understand what you're where you're coming from with this, But I'm negative in the sense of.
Speaker 3: Everything, Yeah, what could you finish?
Speaker 5: I might be, but with me personally, I'm an optimist. I'm like, well, everything will work out, don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: Like I'm no, that's a procrastinator.
Speaker 2: No, it's not that too. I am.
Speaker 4: You're the worst procrastinator. Yes, but you put everything off. You're like, it'll be fine.
Speaker 5: But I'm an optimist. I think anything that people can be accomplished. I believe because you.
Speaker 3: Have people around you that pick up your slash chep.
Speaker 5: Getting the audio only verse of the Aftermath and Friday Leftovers. Apparently that can't be accomplished by our app company. They stopped, they stopped upload. They're on the website, we're sending them, they're they're up, but they the app company, just they haven't gone back to me. The audio only episode started not working, I don't know about a week ago. So anyways, if you have look, you can if you're an RMG plus subscriber, you get in the aftermath today. You can always watch it, of course, and then the audio only version. A lot of people want to listen to that instead. You know, they're they're driving, or they don't want to use U their data on their mobile or whatever. And we will get that fixed. But I'm on those guys part of the problem. I'll take full responsibility. Somebody alerted me to this issue early on. I sent an email to the to the company, the app company, and then I think the day before yesterday, these guys have not responded to my email.
Speaker 2: Let me so I searched my email.
Speaker 5: I said, let me search it for the company, and I said, let me search.
Speaker 2: Maybe I missed it.
Speaker 5: Maybe I missed their reply, because normally they'll get back to you within like twenty four hours. Maybe I missed the reply or it went to junk mail. So then I do a search and I find an email and I realize it's in my drafts. I didn't actually send the email to their support, so then I sent it. So they should get this resolved pretty quickly. All right, Ducie, what do you have coming up in the shizzy?
Speaker 4: There's a mental health crisis aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, and I'm going to tell you what's going on with all of those poor souls on that ship.
Speaker 3: I'll have it story for you next all
Speaker 2: Right, we'll be right back on Rover's Morning Glory Hang