Speaker 1: Over the Island be a Treasure Island May twenty eighth and twenty ninth. That's next Thursday and Friday for two shows bursting with laughs, games and an incredible prize including trips to Las Vegas, Booker's Day and save twenty percent of promo code Cafe and plus a huge announcement you will not want to miss at the full details at cafe dot com.
Speaker 2: Kewred Calendar. Okay, Parker, good morning.
Speaker 3: Explain it to me. Okay, I'll try Why Why why did the Wolves quit?
Speaker 4: Oh ROASTI let's go all the way back to Game six that was one of the most credible games of all time.
Speaker 5: Still makes me sad. Yeah, I don't know. It's frustrating because just just the habits that they had all year. It was a team that Chris Finch, he truly pushed this team and tried to have them search for what kind of a team they were. And you know, you lose games midweek to Brooklyn teams that you should not lose to, and then you know you go on the road and you lose one to Memphis or whoever it may be, and you know, these habits that start, you know, getting created during the regular season, they tend to peak their head in the playoffs, and that's exactly what we saw. And I think, you know, give give credit to this Timbrels team of finding a way to beat Denver in the six to three game in the first round, and but also give credit to Tim Conley what he's done in the past couple of years of kind of constructing this roster to beat a team like Denver. But Denver's not the cream of the crop anymore. It's it's San Antonio, it's Victor Wembanyama, and it's it's Oklahoma City. So now there needs to be changes moving forward to beat a team like that. And a lot of people are like, you might as well just wait until we're in the East, because you're not going to be the guy in Victor Wembnyama. But I think that's the wrong mindset. And I think Tim Conley's made for moments like these, and I think it's going to be a really interesting offseason to see what they go get and what they do with pieces like Julius Randall, Rudy Gobert, and Jada McDaniels. I believe two of those three guys are going to be gone next season. I truly do, and I think, you know, I don't see a world where Julius Randall's back next year. And I think Rudy Gobert is kind of a fifty to fifty. So it's going to take some changes. But I think at the end of the day, Hockey, You're right, they did give up. And that's the most concerning thing for me is you know, one through eight, whoever's on the court, like, you can't have that mentality in the playoffs, like you got to show up, especially for your fans in Minnesota, Like Target Center was rock and every game I was at in the playoffs, and they didn't deserve that. The fans didn't deserve a no effort team. So there needs to be some changes moving forward.
Speaker 6: Well, we guess some audio from Tim Conley that will play in sports in just a little bit, But right now it's time for the news.
Speaker 2: This is camfe In News with Chris Hockey, presented by the Saint Paul Saint.
Speaker 6: My beloved Saint Paul. Saint's playing a little after six this afternoon on a beautiful evening in Saint Paul.
Speaker 2: Hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, Columbus in.
Speaker 4: Town Royce Lewis playing the night. Anybody know, I would.
Speaker 2: Think so, right, I would.
Speaker 3: So you have to write he.
Speaker 2: Has to swing the bad as much as you can. Don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's start swinging.
Speaker 2: That bat man. Is Bonus already in Germany? Somebody text him and ask him.
Speaker 3: I don't think he is.
Speaker 2: I don't think he means later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Zach, is he gone?
Speaker 2: I don't think he's going to leave Friday Saturday?
Speaker 4: Well, he's up. He can just tell us where. Yeah, Royce Lewis is currently. Yeah, I'm sure he's got fine my Yeah, Bonie, you know.
Speaker 6: Six pintinety seven tonight, Omaha Saints Baseball dot Com, chs Field Baseball Ladies and Gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Omaha Nebraska Baseball. Ray, the home of three eleven thank you and the first red Lobster Hawk went to the first one ever.
Speaker 6: Yeap Baseball Ray. It's always been baseball great. People love this blank Ray. People are dead Ray, all of them.
Speaker 2: Parker.
Speaker 4: I think you understand about twenty percent of what we say on this show. Uh yeah, yeah, but you're learning, But I'm learning.
Speaker 2: Our references are not new.
Speaker 3: He knows Field of dreams.
Speaker 2: I don't field the dreams.
Speaker 5: Yes, I know Field the dreams, but yeah, I would say, I would say it's north of twenty, north of twenty. Anytime it's it's south. I try to try to learn that, you know. I love that about you.
Speaker 2: You're a You're a pop culture sponge. Yes, man, yeah, man, you are man you are or something else? Broyh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 6: Let's say I want to play. I want to give you guys some real news, not just this crap. Well, of course, the NFL has selected Minneapolis as the site for the NFL Draft in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 3: That's a big deal. We all love that, right.
Speaker 6: The Cinemaiso has become the first state to outlaw prediction markets. Governor Tim Wallace signed a public safety bill this week prohibiting online platforms where people can bet money on the outcomes of events. Prediction markets get around local sports betting restrictions by selling bets as financial contracts, like commodity markets, which is also gambling. Federal authorities follow the lawsuit tuesday to block the prohibition, arguing prediction markets should be explicitly right by federal officials. Missla takes in August the first day to do so. Ladies and gentlemen. Yea, and now here'scoring.
Speaker 2: Parker. How's the dog?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, one of the coolest experiences ever. Yeah, it's been so fun. We both had never Taylor and I both have never had a dog.
Speaker 2: I think I mentioned that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so both growing up, never had one. And literally they lost on Tuesday. They flew home Wednesday, I picked her up from the airport and boom, we shot down when picked up the dog. So, yeah, it happened. It happened really quick, and it's fun coming Honestly, he's been great. Oh yeah, a couple a couple of barks during the night, maybe once or twice. Get up and take him out, And by that I mean Taylor, get up.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's her dog. Here we go.
Speaker 5: I think it's more of a deal or she just wants to bear out of because she's so excited to do it. Now that might wear off and I might get delegated that role at some point.
Speaker 2: But you dogough man, it is a very cute dog.
Speaker 5: We brought him golfing last night for the first time and he just literally sat in his little to go seat or whatever.
Speaker 2: You call that.
Speaker 5: I have no idea, and watched Yeah, he played, well, he's a little he went right into the into the crap.
Speaker 2: Yelled at yelled at his caddy for showing up to.
Speaker 5: The tea box. Yeah, that's all time a time.
Speaker 2: Did he bark in your back swing?
Speaker 5: He actually did not. He was really good in the back swing. Believe a couple of barks at the ball in the ring.
Speaker 2: Brilliant. But no, he's been a good vote son. They yell it's so good, it's so good.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it's fun and we're learning a lot, and yeah we are dog parents now.
Speaker 4: I guess Hey, speaking of you know, yelling stuff at golf events, clearly on the PGN Sunday you could hear a couple of right Horard Stern reference, did you hear?
Speaker 2: Did you hear?
Speaker 4: I don't remember if it was sad here Sunday somebody literally just yelled out J. D. Harmeyer, which is another relation, which is another name from Stern.
Speaker 2: But it was just like the guy's name. It wasn't Babba b or hit him with the hind. It was just they just said his full name.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, that's a guy that understands though that Stern's group cuts up all the golf yells. And if you go that, if you just say his name, my guess is Stern's Like somebody just yelled out JD's full name at the PGA JD. That's smart. If you yelled Babba bo, you might get skipped because everybody yells bubba bu r j D.
Speaker 3: Harmyer.
Speaker 2: Has anyone yelled who me? Oh Man selling Richard the Jack and Rod show?
Speaker 3: Casse You guys are wondering.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you're playing on any trips anybody over there, but the State Department is not warning against travel to Uganda, Congo and the South Sudan.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what I'm guarding. I had eight dinners set up.
Speaker 4: They were all going to be the great dinners I've ever had. I was gonna post about every one of them. God dang it, I mean Bonus might go there.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: The Department also recommended that the people will reconsider travel to Rwanda. Foreign passport holders are restricted from entering the US if they have been due any of those places because of the Ebola outbreak. And we calm down, by the way, in case you're wondering, a Colorado man is dead after contracting hantavirus.
Speaker 3: That's right. State health officials say the case.
Speaker 6: Does not appear to be connected to the recent cruise ship outbreak.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's good or bad news.
Speaker 2: It's a preliminary.
Speaker 6: Evidence points to local exposure to rodents. Suddenly that's happening.
Speaker 4: You know what's weird about oscars is you guys remember the movie Hotel Rwanda?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, did you ever see it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: See, that's what I'm saying. It's weird.
Speaker 4: I bet it's super good probably, and it got nominated for a bunch of stuff it.
Speaker 2: Is, and then you see it? Yeah in school you did you saw it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No kidding, real history class. I love with great really good here. Did you ever watch it? No, I'm looking at it now.
Speaker 3: You've heard the soundtrack though, right, Welcome to the.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've seen Yeah, I've seen that, but I have seen it. I've seen this movie.
Speaker 3: Yes, no kidding, I guess I never knew.
Speaker 2: I was just going to make the point that it's weird.
Speaker 4: How like a movie that's highly acclaimed, the critics love it, it gets nominated, but then it just disappears from society. They stop talking about it, and one yeah it got it got nominated for a bunch of stuff interesting. Never saw it, So whenever I hear Rwanda, I just think hotel Rwanda makes sense.
Speaker 2: They have no It's correct. That's why I make the connection. Yes, crazy connection.
Speaker 4: I have no knowledge of what that movie is about. My guess it is a hotel that is in that country? Am I clothes?
Speaker 2: No know? Zach saw it? Zach's movie. What's the plot.
Speaker 7: It's just about genocide and our part side and all that fun stuff.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, is a rom com? I remember, right?
Speaker 7: The hotel gets like, uh, is it pro that stuff? No, well it's it's just it exposes that stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a war thriller.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a civil war and there's uh is.
Speaker 4: This the one where the kid is in a hotel and his parents are like in Florida.
Speaker 2: And he has to like uh, I think you're no no.
Speaker 4: And there's like air there's like the bird Lady in Central Park?
Speaker 2: Is that this one?
Speaker 4: All your hands up? The bird Lady and Home Alone two? Would Oh, you're right, that is Home Alone too. Never mind, I've never seen a hotel Rowanda were without the birds with.
Speaker 2: Their Yeah, the birds of the gross parts get virus. He doesn't care about that. What if we find out bird lady from home alone to his patient zero?
Speaker 4: Wow, it's how the whole thing started.
Speaker 3: I ain't Karen.
Speaker 6: You know you're hawk last one? Are you speaking of travel parking? You're not going to Florida times scenario.
Speaker 2: I don't plan on it.
Speaker 6: Okay, good, because you gotta be careful. There's a Florida Python challenge happening now. They hunt for pythons down there.
Speaker 2: Tommy's on his way. Are you afraid of snakes?
Speaker 5: No? Snakes are cool? Someone uh playing golf this weekend?
Speaker 3: Snake playing golf? He doesn't know how many arms?
Speaker 2: I did not have any arms? True? What kind of snake it was like? I think it was just like a garter snake black and yellow stripes. Picked it up. And here's so much more mainly than me a mile and a half.
Speaker 3: I have a question for you guys. Is it not gardener snake?
Speaker 2: I think you're right.
Speaker 4: I think it's I think it's gardener or garter. Yeah, I think you can say it either way. And this is not a Mark Rosen, but where you can, I'm pretty sure it's both.
Speaker 6: Don Actually, does garter snake get g A R T A gardener snake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's the purpose of them.
Speaker 6: Eating mice and bugs and stuff? Right, everybody's got a purpose of me. Yeah, you have a purpose? Hok you are do you believe?
Speaker 3: It is just I don't think gardener snake is a thing.
Speaker 2: I think people commonly say that though.
Speaker 4: It's one of those bits where the name is garter snake, but everybody says it the other way so often that it's just they're both socially acceptable.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is a brand new thing that I was wrong about my whole life.
Speaker 2: Another what kind of snakes did you swim with when you were kidhog? Oh?
Speaker 3: Those were we call them watermarksins. You guys call them copperheads.
Speaker 6: They're mean, right, they were terrible and they would they would chase you.
Speaker 2: What and you were hanging out with them in the water.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't want to. But they sunned on the rocks.
Speaker 6: That's a good thing about them is they didn't hide because they were not afraid of you. But if you saw one, you didn't go in the water. Right there, you went on down the crick aways.
Speaker 2: Why do people go outside? Corey?
Speaker 3: It was high Wow.
Speaker 2: They're mean, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Man, they are mean. They are do you know how they say snake is more afraid of not water marks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't care.
Speaker 3: They don't care.
Speaker 2: They're like, they're a cotton mouthed snake.
Speaker 4: All right, so your ear mamly you'll pick up a snake and just chuck it into the woods because.
Speaker 2: Yours I'm not going to pick up.
Speaker 4: Like, let's go back to the old Everglades python challenge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's the total challenge all about? Well, they're trying to wipe them out.
Speaker 4: I mean they if they have completely destroyed the ecosystem there, since they it's an invasive species, it's destroyed everything.
Speaker 2: It's it's a nightmare. So there's a couple hundred.
Speaker 4: Thousand pythons and every year they kill like two or three hundred.
Speaker 2: It's a waste of time. Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if that, my guess is you would not be as willing to get into the mix there.
Speaker 5: That sounds like straight Florida energy.
Speaker 2: If you ever see a story on them.
Speaker 4: Part of the problem is the pythons are unbelievably good at hiding really, so they can be massive and theoretically right.
Speaker 2: Underneath you and you can barely see them.
Speaker 5: He probably become like a thing that they've learned over time. What is that called?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 6: Is there anybody more pissed on the planet than a garter snake?
Speaker 2: I thought it was kind of chill. He wanted to buy you they don't have.
Speaker 3: He wanted you to be afraid of, but you're not. He's a snake.
Speaker 6: We've been given this innate fear of snakes, except for that one.
Speaker 2: A bit.
Speaker 3: You just completely emasculated him.
Speaker 2: He just picked him up and threw him. I did like he was.
Speaker 5: Semin iron, and then I grabbed him and I threw him into the wasteland.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, right person, mad Max? Yeah, what you do? That is that snake's origin story.
Speaker 4: He didn't hate humans until you just picked him up and threw him, and now he hates all of us.
Speaker 2: Thanks, buddy, I'm sorry. So now one now, now.
Speaker 4: Little Louis Lambert is gonna get bit by that snake because.
Speaker 2: You pissed him off. Because Louie is clearly going to golf at some point. Don't go to Aberdeen, South Dakota. Stay here.
Speaker 4: He's gonna golf all over the Upper Midwest, including Aberdeen.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, they cannot seriously injure or kill.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. Why be a snake if you can't kill somebody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even think they have teeth. I don't think they do either.
Speaker 3: God, that sucks. What did they do?
Speaker 2: They're just sliding around?
Speaker 6: I mean, seriously, how did they not involve a way to kill things?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 4: Look when the abottinable snowman at the end of Rudolpha red nose reindeer like gets all of his teeth pulled, He's still gonna rap presence. He can still put the star on the top of the tree. You can find purpose without teeth. Hermie teeth out.
Speaker 6: O, my sister has teeth and you toothless teeth?
Speaker 2: What a reference? How have you? How did you know that you've seen that movie How.
Speaker 9: To Train Your Dragon? Yeah, i've seen the first one. Interesting, Yeah, it's very good. Extremely I didn't see the live actually, but yeah, it also holds up very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, they got a lot of those out, don't they.
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: I mean How to Train Your Dragon series multiple movies, and then they did.
Speaker 2: The live action one, which again was also very good. Sweet old on.
Speaker 6: Can we play the Tim Connley audio when he came back? Because I though said that I thought was really interesting, including when he talked about his team in general and Julius Randall.
Speaker 2: Ye, Laura Parker Fox in the Power Throw Morning Show.
Speaker 6: After this, I think, Jeffersonlliance, it's your number one bus experience. My name is Chris Hockey and I can vouch for that.
Speaker 2: With daily we are.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the Parkers in the morning show. Parkar Fox is here. Past of thousands, let's get right into.
Speaker 2: Sports and sports sign for a fan.
Speaker 5: Five on the Power Trips Right.
Speaker 2: Nicks beat the Calves one fourteen, one oh five and ot after they trailed by twenty two with eight minutes left. Jalen Brunson had thirty eight in the win. The Knicks now lead one oh Game two is tomorrow at seven pm. Incredible game.
Speaker 5: I turn it on midway through the third and I was like, oh, this game's over. Calves got it wrapped up. I was texting one of my buddies and I was like, this isn't even gonna be a game. It's all good. And then next thing you know, eighteen to one run from the nixt Jalen Brunson was fantastic, and then they just made every shot down the stretch and me and Corey were talking about it, but like, how cool to do it in front of all these celebrities. Tracy Morgan's there, Shallow May Pete David said, like it has that has to be one of the coolest feelings in the world. Just to hit like a big three and to look at Chala Man just put your arms in there and he's just fired up for you. Like maybe have glazed and Shallow May a little bit. But it's an unbelievable win for New York. And if I'm Cleveland, I'm worried now because you lose in that fashion, You're probably not not going to get the next one. You got to find a way to get one or two at home. But it looks like the New York NeXT's going to play in the NBA Finals.
Speaker 9: I saw something on Twitter that was what they basically did to make their run is they just got James Harden and Io when he plays zero defense, it was ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Like if you go and watch back, like analytically the defense that was played in the fourth quarter by James Harden, they were literally like picking him, like picking on him like a kid at preschool or on the playground. Like they're literally like setting the ball screen, getting him to switch and then going right at him right.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 5: It was embarrassing, and I think if you're the Cavs, like James Harden's a guy you need out there on the floor for you offensively. But he was almost unplayable in the fourth quarter because of his defense. So that's something they got to look at moving forward. Is a guy that can actually, you know, play both ways, both sides of the ball.
Speaker 2: Jason Kidd is out as the coach of the Dallas Mavericks. He has a forty dollars left on his contract. Yeah, it's insane, insane. There's a lot of movement going on down in Dallas. I think they really believe in what Cooper Flag can be. So a lot of moves in the front office and Jason Kid has done. So what that tells me is is there's guys on this Dallas roster that that may become available. And we'll talk about it here as we move on. But Kyrie Irving's a name who's going to be healthy for this twenty twenty six twenty twenty seventh season and he's still a difference maker.
Speaker 5: Yes, he's thirty four years old, but one of the greatest individual skill players of all time and think he could really make an impact as a true point guard.
Speaker 9: Where he goes, the PWHL will expand to San Jose.
Speaker 5: That will be fun San Jose, Vegas, Hamilton, and Detroit this upcoming year. So four new teams, a lot of movement happening, a lot of stuff going on. Are we worried that Taylor has to move? I don't think we're too worried. You don't get ahead of ourselves, right, But the expansion is very different. It's a very different process this year. But at the end of the day, each team can still protect three players. So hopefully she's one of those three players picked by the Frost to protect and we go forward. But she is a free agent right now, so she does have to re up and sign a contract before that happens.
Speaker 2: So Jerry, yeah, sports work, you got to do contracts.
Speaker 4: How do we have any sense if if the p w HL is expanding too early too quickly?
Speaker 2: Do we know what's the vibe there?
Speaker 5: Well, I think the market of fans and the growth and you know they do these games, expansion tour games throughout the season and the you know, the show has been great for them, Like all the cities they go to, they've showed up really well, they sold out different you know rinks, and so I think that's all good. But for me, it's it's the talent level. Corey, Like, when you expand for four new teams, you're you know, where are you picking? What's that twenty five times four? That's one hundred players, you know, and there's.
Speaker 2: Sauce would have told you that he knew I was listening to had.
Speaker 5: That, And it's and it's not like you're going to get a hundred you know, girls out of college that are ready to maybe go, So you need to pick maybe people that have been playing overseas. So we'll see how it goes. And then for me, it's the goaltending. Right, there's only probably six goalies in the world who are playing the p WHL that are contending at the national level for national teams, so you're going to have a really difference in goalies. And then we saw that this year with Boston and Montreal. They had the two best goalies at like one goal per game against average and they were the number one and number two in MVP voting.
Speaker 2: Gee, So yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: Tim Conley the Wolves GM spoke yesterday.
Speaker 3: Are you ready for that?
Speaker 2: Yes, daddy.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's start with Tim saying this about whether there be any major shakeups for his squad this year.
Speaker 8: And we have a lot of confidence in our guys. But again, it would be disingenuous to be sitting here in front of this crew and say, hey, we're happy with the sixth seed. We're happy when not being on court playoff team. We're happy that our last three closeout games, you know, have been lopsided.
Speaker 2: So we have to be realistic.
Speaker 8: I thought what we have, which is way more good than bad, but know that we're not good enough right now?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: So yesterday they were talking about this on burreaw and I'm sure you were listening, how because you're a Barrero p one. I am remember this story.
Speaker 9: But they were talking about basically like how they thought, and they you know, they were half kidding that Conley would come out and basically say we're moving on from Randall.
Speaker 2: He's awful. Did Mike Tice really call fan Line back in the day and say they were cutting a kicker because he missed two extra points?
Speaker 3: He did say that, but I think he was joking.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I thought maybe that was a real thing.
Speaker 6: I'm almost I barely remember it, but I know there's audio of it. But I believe the insinuation was that he was joking.
Speaker 3: Oh, I could be wrong, though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it didn't he like in passing to like, I gotta go cut a kicker. Yeah? Yeah, I think he said like out of frustration, but he.
Speaker 4: Think he was kidding. I think again, I'm with Chris. I'm pretty sure he's joking.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Tim Connolly and Julius Randall.
Speaker 8: Julius was fantastic throughout the season. He could be the first tell you didn't play his best basketball for San Antonio. I think his playmaking, I think his his ability, oh it's on ball defense with his physicality was really impactful. So we don't win because of one player, lose because of one player. I think when we lost in the fashion we lost to San Antonio, they were clearly the better team. And we have to look at the collective, you know, being included the whole building. What can we all do better to ensure that we don't see the same result next season?
Speaker 3: What does he really say?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's It's interesting, right because because Julius didn't speak to the media, didn't have an exit meeting. I don't I don't know where Tim Conley is now. I think Tom Tim Connley is great and I think he's going to find the right answer for this.
Speaker 2: But the vibe around the organization.
Speaker 5: From what I've here heard from a lot of people is you probably won't see Julius Randall in a Wolf's uniform this upcoming year.
Speaker 2: So what does that mean for Julius. I don't know.
Speaker 5: But at the end of the day, he's on a three year, one hundred million dollar contract and you have to find a way to move that and you have to find a team that finds value in Julius. And now there is value in Julius. He's an established power forward in this league. He's played for, you know, the Lakers and the Knicks, two big teams. He understands how the league work. He can still he can still be a really good player in this league, in this league, but I just don't think he's the number two to a guy in Anthony Edwards. And at the end of the day, if you're the Wolves, you're asking yourself it is Julius good enough to be a number two to aunt And the answer to that is no, So you have to move on. You have to find a guy that is good enough to be a number two, because Victor Mnyama and Shay Yields Alexander are sitting there in the weeds waiting.
Speaker 3: He played like number two. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're right, and I'm a big fan of Tim Connolly when he was a dwarf. You don't get the job at all.
Speaker 2: No that these guys laugh, So I left.
Speaker 3: Thank you appreciate it very much. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say something else, but I can sidetracked by my jokes, so I'll go right onto the problem with Anthony Edwards if we hold it.
Speaker 8: Such a high bar. The reason he's elite is obviously he's a super human offensive player, but we think he has the same ability on the defensive vent and that's what separates him. His competitives is toughness. I think he also played a bunch of nagged injuries. His ability to come back from that injury was fantastic. When he went down, we didn't think he was gonna be back that quickly. So this is the first summer a long time, he's gonna not play. You know, he's played with the national team. The summer started a bit earlier. I think as he gets older, he's getting more and more not just take care of his my preventive measures.
Speaker 6: Okay, there's three things that he said there under the radar. Dam Ant played defense, yep, let's see some effort. Damnit Ant take better carry your body yep. And damn Ant takes some time off and stop playing basketball for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, did he not say all three of those things in that one?
Speaker 5: All three of those go under the umbrella of being a professional, right, And I think that's something that that's the next st step for him. He's not just a kid, a young guy in the NBA anymore. He's an established, true superstar. And I think if you want to continue to take your game the next heights, Ant says it to himself, he wants to be an MVP. He's not an MVP right now. Like he's very good, he's a top ten player in the league, but he's not Shay, he's not Wemby, he's not Jokic. And that's because he just doesn't play the two way game right now. And he can he's he's very capable of being a great defender, He's very capable of being a great passer as well, and assist guy. His assist numbers don't even touch any of those guys assist numbers. So I think there's just another level that he can take it to. And I think what Tim Conley is telling you is is you got to get rid of all this moodiness.
Speaker 2: Like the topic of conversation.
Speaker 5: In this this exit interview with all these guys was moodiness like that has to go away and it has to be a professional, mature approach. And I think that's the next step for Anthony Edwards, and he's so capable of it, and I think that's what's frustrating us and frustrating this organization organization the most. Yes he played through injuries, Yes he was hurt, but there's a whole other step that he can take because he is the franchise guy.
Speaker 6: Question for those of you who are old enough to remember these two, did Michael Jordan and or Kobe Bryant ever have a time early in their career where somebody had to say them, man, you got to take it to the next level. You want to be great you better start playing defense.
Speaker 2: Well was it Jordan didn't win a playoff series till his fourth year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that doesn't mean he didn't have the same kind of My guess is I mean, from what I remember from both of them, they were extremely self motivated people.
Speaker 3: My point, yeah, that.
Speaker 6: Is the missing ingredient. You can have greatness. Yeah, athletically, you got to have something in here right.
Speaker 5: Right well, And I think that's one one thing that's tough too, is because all I hear from Ant is he's always in the gym. He's always spending more time getting shots up. Like he'll he'll let the team buss go and he'll just uber back to the hotel because he wants to get more shots up. But then there's that which is great, But then, hey, your body's failing you.
Speaker 2: At the end of the season.
Speaker 5: You were hurt, and yes, one might have been a freak accident, but you need to take care of your body. You need to be in that training room, you need to be in the weight room, you need to be listening to nutrition.
Speaker 2: Like there's there's just a level of professionalism.
Speaker 5: And I'm not calling him out and telling him he's not, but at the end of the day, like, you're not getting to where you need to go, and if you want to be an MVP, there's another step you have to take, and it's frustrating because he's capable.
Speaker 2: Right, well said, thanks, Well, hey remind me.
Speaker 4: Do you know you have a connection to chat Holmegrin? Yeah, chat a little bit, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we worked out a lot in the summer growing up, and you know he's obviously a local kid.
Speaker 2: Sure he hasn't come back as much as he once did. Do you know him?
Speaker 4: Do you know him well enough to know if this Wemby chet feud is real?
Speaker 2: Because everybody says they hate each other.
Speaker 5: It's funny, right because I think if you were asked both, they would just say no and then that's the PC right answer. But I mean they're two young guys that are you know, Unicorn ask players. They're these tall guys that can stretch the floor and also block shots and dunks, So I think there's definitely a rivalry there.
Speaker 2: You see him stepping on Wemby's foot on the box up.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They I mean, they just they look like they drive each other nuts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's twenty four shoes hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ridiculous to the point.
Speaker 4: If the broadcast hadn't pointed out that they don't like each other, maybe it goes under the raidar. But the second somebody says, hey, watch these two they don't like each other, and everything they did looked really obvious that they were annoyed.
Speaker 2: With each other.
Speaker 5: Funny to think they wouldn't, right, Like, they're two of the best players in the West, they're very similar type of games. You know, they're gonna have to face each other for a long time because both of those guys aren't.
Speaker 2: Leaving those teams at anytime soon. So I love it.
Speaker 5: I think it's good for the league. I think it's good for basketball. And you have two guys that don't like each other. Doesn't need to be all buddy buddy. This is professional sports at the highest level. Like go compete, Like throw an elbow like Wemby did, not saying he should continue to do that, but like be physical. Make this thing fun, because I think people are craving that versus the Anthony Edwards dap up with eight minutes left to the whole other team. Like, let's have a level of competitiveness here.
Speaker 6: One thing before you to break. I know you've told us this before Parker. Yeah, I'm sure I knew this. I may have written it down. I may have commented made a joke. Have you ever stood next to Wimby?
Speaker 2: I have, yeah, And I dunked on him one time? What yeah, come on?
Speaker 5: In fact, yeah, he blocked me a lot, probably ninety five percent of the time. But one time I did get him. No, we were doing doing a workout, some work I got a video on my phone. I'll show you guys during the break, but summer workouts, just doing some runs, and I caught him. Iist, oh, Maple Grove, I think one of like always here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, working out. Well, this was summers ago.
Speaker 5: He was probably still he was probably still in Oh, Wemby, I'm thinking Chet, Oh, I got my goodness, I thought you dunked on Like, how is that.
Speaker 2: Possible to lead? Did you say? Did you say me standing next to check Wey? I was thinking, chat's ever?
Speaker 4: When did you guys cross pad grow he loves Yeah.
Speaker 5: I thought you were I never I never met I never met Wembley. Okay one day, maybe that means you have dunked on Chet?
Speaker 6: I was literally has he never said that is the greatest guy ever?
Speaker 2: I'd have a T shirt made picture.
Speaker 4: If you ever had your phone, I just walk around showing that I dunked.
Speaker 2: On loves maple grow this time. Likes not his cupcakes. He had one and a half at a wedding at least, who does it? All right? More with Parker.
Speaker 4: Fox will do Vikings news after this in a second as well.
Speaker 2: This is the Power Trip Morning Joe on the Fan from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 4: This report is sponsored by you.
Speaker 3: All right here we have morning show partner Fox.
Speaker 6: From there, Jill Yo, it is time for some Viking's news on your little Part Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 2: I got a little even.
Speaker 3: It's time news on the Power Trip presented by.
Speaker 4: Joe ex series thanks to Radco. Dude, check this out. Minneapolis is getting the draft what all right?
Speaker 1: Hell?
Speaker 4: Yeahs not breaking news, but it was officially announced yesterday that the twenty twenty eight NFL Draft is coming to Minneapolis.
Speaker 2: It'll be in DC next year. Draft here in twenty eight. All right, So that's the.
Speaker 4: Third straight day we've talked about this, but they officially announced it. They also officially announced that the city of Nashville is getting the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: That's twenty thirty.
Speaker 4: They also talked for forty five straight minutes about how excited they are for twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Nine when it's in Vegas.
Speaker 4: Gotta be sweet, all right, No, they just wanted to reiterate, like they're very excited about Inglewood, They're excited about Atlanta. They announced Nashville, but they're like, but we're really all here to talk about Vegas twenty twenty nine. They can't wait, And how much fun that one? Specifically they might be the train slot machine.
Speaker 5: Sure, well, Nasville's getting the new stadium, right, Sure, that's gonna be sweet.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 4: Here's the other thing the NFL announced in the last twenty four hours. The NFL approved the ability to now play as many as ten international games starting next season, not.
Speaker 2: This season, but the following season in twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 4: That's up from eight. Now you may be saying, well, I thought there was nine this year. Well, technically eight of those are league run and then the ninth one is the agreement that the Jags have with Wembley Stadium, So and that had to be apparently negotiated on the side in the NFL. The players that do agree to whatever, but The point is is the max was eight. Now they've uped it to ten. However, the other twist is the league has also voted to strip the team's ability to protect any home games from international play. In the past, NFL teams could protect two games. They're like, no, we're not putting this one internationally. We need these two to be at games. Now that's gone. So now we're up to ten games a year and teams do not have the right to protect any games whatsoever. Wow, that's kind of interesting, right, Like, I don't think it makes a ton of sense to put like Vikings Packers in London.
Speaker 2: No, definitely not right, it doesn't. I don't think the NFL wants to do that.
Speaker 4: They just want the right to do that if the right scenario pops up.
Speaker 2: Has there been a divisional game not at a.
Speaker 9: Would guess the only team that's maybe done it is Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true. Yeah, that'd be the only one that makes sense.
Speaker 5: I don't think it'd be good for the fandom and the experience that it is playing a division rival, right.
Speaker 2: And the team that lost the home game would rightfully be pitched totally, no doubt. M man, How can I find that out. Yeah, it's a hard one, a lot, it's a lot to look up. But I would guess not recently.
Speaker 5: But I would also say, yeah, if it was somebody, it's probably Jacksonville. Yeah, it have to be because like, imagine not playing at US Bank Stadium for Vikings Packers, it would.
Speaker 2: Be it would be crazy.
Speaker 4: Jets and Dolphins played in London fifteen, Oh that game? Texans and Jaguars are they in the division?
Speaker 2: Sure? Wembley in twenty six. Yeah, there's there actually has been a handful fair enough.
Speaker 5: I just can't imagine fans of that home team would be very happy about that, right, or just seeing random Bengals and Browns jerseys in the crowd as you're playing your division.
Speaker 2: There's jerseys everywhere though. It's so weird.
Speaker 9: It's so fun though. Yeah, that's the London games were elite.
Speaker 3: Because they like the colors, you know, right, they don't know it's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Andy's two hammered to know what.
Speaker 4: He's wearing and don't drink like Cardinals and Niners played in Mexico. Okay, so there's a handful Chargers in Chiefs played in Mexico.
Speaker 2: Wow, Yeah, I guess more than we thought. Wow, definitely, there you go something you ever did.
Speaker 4: Not only you know, I still don't think like the all time big rivalry.
Speaker 2: Should be overseas. No, not at all.
Speaker 4: No, Right, those probably should stay in the Americans for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what we did.
Speaker 6: Obviously we went overboard talking about the in the schedule for the vikings, but I didn't I never really got a gander at the rest of the games.
Speaker 3: How many Christmas Day games are there this year? Are there two? Or the three? Are there?
Speaker 6: I know that the Bears and the Packers play on Christmas? I think in Chicago?
Speaker 2: Is it like? Are they going to treat it though? Like Thanksgiving? Are there? Is there a Christmas Eve? A Christmas Day?
Speaker 4: And then there's three Packers at Bears, Bills at Broncos, Rams at Seahawks. The first two are on Netflix, the third one is on Fox.
Speaker 6: How about the Bills at Broncos on Christmas Day? How Duffalo Bills all the way in Denver?
Speaker 2: Yeah, those games will be elite.
Speaker 3: But oh man, what a terrible thing to those Christmas? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Rightmore it should be thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is why I stand up for the NBA.
Speaker 2: They deserve their day.
Speaker 3: Give them that day so I never have to work that day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you want a day off of sports, So what better way than have five straight NBA games that you won't watch.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 9: But he does watch the late night NBA game to close out Christmas Day though.
Speaker 2: It's a Christmas miracle. Yeah, it's his favorite thing to do. He also doesn't like when division.
Speaker 4: Rivals square off in the NBA on Christmas Day because everybody knows how important divisions are.
Speaker 6: I think that should be the NBA out of the country, like on the moon.
Speaker 2: Then think about that.
Speaker 4: Have you ever once heard of a team excited about winning the division in the NBA?
Speaker 2: No? No, even once. Are we in like a Are we in the same Weren't we in the same division with like Seattle one?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: A second here, So this is this is how worthless divisions are. And I think we've done this before. But don't look this up for a second. Hangout, Nobody help them, Nobody help daddy.
Speaker 2: Sauce.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm looking it up just to make sure I even know, because I'm not sure I do. Oh see, I think I would have forgot about.
Speaker 2: That, Sauce.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, name the four other teams in the Timberwolves division Denver.
Speaker 2: That's one.
Speaker 4: You love sports, sam Antoni incorrect.
Speaker 2: Used to be I think maybe way back in the day. But nope, Houston, Nope.
Speaker 5: No, which state's similar to Colorado?
Speaker 2: He's not good with geography. You didn't do a lot of learning. There's no team in the Jazz. The Jazz is two. There's two more. They're not even close to each other or US. One team is currently still playing m HM.
Speaker 9: So so Oklahoma Oklahoma City is the division winner this year.
Speaker 2: Who cares about that?
Speaker 3: You're so right, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: And the last one is the Portland Trailblazers. So that our division Oklahoma City Denver us.
Speaker 2: Portland in Utah. It's the widest dision. The reason why you have.
Speaker 3: To be like that.
Speaker 4: Sorry, well, the other reason why it's stupid is you don't get rewarded for winning your division.
Speaker 2: Nothing, no, no, So it's irrelevant. It's completely irrelevant.
Speaker 3: Regular season, is it?
Speaker 2: Olla Hawk's right.
Speaker 3: It should started like seventeen games like the NFL.
Speaker 6: Eighteen games like the NFL, make each game matter more, charge a ga billion dollars. Nobody's hurt by the end of the season, and then you start the playoffs and it starts to mass.
Speaker 9: How about this hawk The Game two of the Spurs Thunder is tonight, Game one of the NBA Finals is like June.
Speaker 2: Third is forever away for Blue Jeans a long season.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's a division called the Pacific Division, and Portland isn't in it.
Speaker 2: That makes no sense.
Speaker 3: Boston is.
Speaker 2: It's just like Boston they converted, but the Pacific. It's all going to change. When when Seattle in Vegas could a team.
Speaker 4: Good, that's our chance to get away from Wemby. I'm I'm not trying to like this isn't hyperbole. I do think everybody in the West is in huge trouble for the next decade with Wemby.
Speaker 2: It's insane.
Speaker 4: So it's not like we haven't seen dominance in the past, right, Lebron didn't win thirteen consecutive NBA titles, Kobe didn't, Jordan almost did.
Speaker 2: He just took those two years off.
Speaker 4: But my point is like even the greatest players of all time don't win it every single year. I just think the number of titles Wenby's going to get is more than a couple. So you have so few windows to do it, and I just think the easier path for the Wolves is the Eastern Conference because otherwise you're just going to always have to hope that he gets banged up when you're seven to six.
Speaker 2: As you know, with these it's hard.
Speaker 4: If Wenby has his career derailed by injury, sure, then the window is wide open in the West. Otherwise it's going to be an uphill battle every year and it's not impossible. You're just going to have to get really lucky.
Speaker 5: If Wemby stays healthy, he's going to go down as a top three player of all time, like AWESO question. Yeah, maybe one, which is crazy to say right now, but he's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: No one's ever moved the way he's moved.
Speaker 6: No, guys, I have a really really great breakdown of something for you, and I'm very pleased.
Speaker 2: Sports.
Speaker 6: Okay, So, our friend Wendy Blackshaw, who is responsible one of the main people responsible for bringing the NFL draft to Minnesota, we've traveled the world.
Speaker 2: With her, sure Sun Country back in the day, right exactly.
Speaker 6: So I sent her a text and I asked her this question. I said, congratulations, blah bla blah. I said, I have a question for you, where will the actual people be gathered for the NFL picks? Will it be in the stadium or out in front of the stadium. The crowd may be in the hundreds of thousands, so we're confused as to where all these people will be, she says, thanks. First, numbers from every market include all three days, not just the crowd you see on TV, watch parties throughout the region and the state. Also, so in Pittsburgh, the actual draft stage area which was the camera shot with tens of thousands of people, That was a capacity night one before the draft even started. Then they opened up the stadium, people watched on big screens, watch parties where everywhere.
Speaker 3: So the numbers we read aren't just.
Speaker 6: From the site where the draft is being held, it's from draft spots all over the city.
Speaker 2: Makes sense for sure, But.
Speaker 4: I will say the reason why we're still asking where are all these people going to go? Those giant shots of the crowds that you're talking about where it looks like a music festival, there is that? Where is that in Minneapolis? Where are we doing that part of it? Even if the even if the eight hundred thousand number is all encompassing three days, all over the Twin Cities.
Speaker 2: Where is that giant pile of people going to go?
Speaker 3: She says, going to be the NFL. She says the NFL hasn't yet determined the stage foot print yet.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 4: I would think you don't approve it until you say where exactly is this.
Speaker 6: I'm sure they've got a plan, but they haven't they have interesting right, right? So and Wendy, please feel free to call if you'd like and give us more information if you have more questions.
Speaker 3: But it's got to be outside, I should say, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every single one of them has been outside, so you don't think so.
Speaker 3: I think it has to be in the stadium.
Speaker 4: I think that's going to be the slame. No offense, But I think indoors is lame. Every single one of these has been outdoors and looks awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think it's a cool stadium.
Speaker 9: They care about the fans, right, I mean they lambeau Is football, you know americanas PA calls it.
Speaker 2: That wasn't in the stadium. They didn't use the stadium for that.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm not. I don't know. I just I could see him opening the doors and and I don't.
Speaker 9: Know, Yeah, I think what they do is they will build something that will cover the media and the and the draft itself. It'll feed back outside into like a covered area where there's a big green room and all that and the rest of it will be uncovered.
Speaker 4: Here's the other thing. Here's the other thing. And I know this is a twenty year old story. And I know it was the NBA Draft and it was in one of those rooms like in Madison Square Garden or whatever Radio State of Music Hall.
Speaker 2: I forget wherever I was, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: NBA Draft was one of the most boring things I've ever been to in my life.
Speaker 2: Come on, but but here's why.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying, I mean, honestly, it was brutally boring. But you just sit in a seat and you just stare. There's nothing to do. If you have it in US Bank Stadium and people are in seats, it's gonna feel like a freaking library. It has to be outside where people are walking around, like a music festival. You're getting drinks, but sitting down watching a draft, they're all gonna fall asleep.
Speaker 5: And I get the indoor outdoor thing, but like the outdoor area, there's no room.
Speaker 2: Now commons par it's plenty or it'll be just fine. And I also think they'll across the street from the stadium. They have bands playing like before every pick. I mean it's they jazz it up between picks, especially like because you fall later it goes yeah yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: People don't fall asleep during games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the NFL draft is elite. The NBA draft is boring, right Hawkby, Even though I'll watch most of the NBA draft, if not all of it, you love it. I love any draft. You love when people pick men?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, yeah, you know I thought about it, but you do.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I like I like men being picked in the sports.
Speaker 2: I'm just sorry, I'm just reading texts. I misread it.
Speaker 6: Jake Golday, by the way, did sign So we finally got all our draft picks. kN let's go lineback around the Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: I think he's gonna be good.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be great. You'll learn from the man, the myth, the legend that is Van Ginkle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, beautiful hair, they all do it.
Speaker 4: Tim Peel is still alive. I would have guessed we would have heard. I think we would have heard if he passed, if somebody would have taken.
Speaker 3: A noticeable, something noticeably missing in the world. If hm hmm, I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, an energy void would be sad.
Speaker 4: Yeah you don't feel it, uh, Fan five and a second headlines later, Parkner foxes here powers you wanted to join the fan