Speaker 1: The Rover's Morning Glory, Susy is coming up in just a few minutes. What do you have on the way, Dougi.
Speaker 2: There's a woman who is going viral because she's trying to get back at her homeowners' association.
Speaker 3: They gave her a fine for something. So she's like, oh, yeah, I'll show you. I'll tell you what she did next.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll get to that in just a moment. Also, I'm going to show you what is becoming a male fashion trend. And I'm curious if the guys on our show would participate in this male fashion trend. We'll get to that in just a few minutes. Country Chris in Memphis, you run Rover's Morning Glory. Good morning, Country Chris.
Speaker 5: Hey, what's up y'all?
Speaker 1: Hey man, what's happening?
Speaker 6: To go back to the raw seat and the grandma. I don't think she should have pulled the gun. You shouldn't just brandish a weapon like that unless you're going to try to hold them there for the police or whatever. But like you said, people are just getting sick and tired of this. I mean, even if it's a complete failure of our justice system, not only the comps hands are taught most of the time, and if they do get arrested, they go to port and they're immediately released.
Speaker 5: There's no charges ever, hardly.
Speaker 6: Brought up on them or follow through on and just it's ridiculous for everybody else in the community.
Speaker 5: You have to deal with this.
Speaker 4: Crap, and it's ridiculous that you and I should have to pay for this stuff. Like I have to buy stuff when I go on you know, I have to pay full price, and these people just walk out and there's no repercussions. And again I understand, yeah, you know, there's a difference to me between like a stupid teenager doing this, because we all did stupid stuff as teenage. But these are adults, the grown men, that it's like their job. It's just shop listing.
Speaker 6: And well and not only that, it's not like he's stealing this stuff for clothes for his children to go to school. If the neude does have children, he definitely ain't seen him in a while, and he definitely don't pay no child support. This is him going to sell these clothes on the streets, getting money for drugs.
Speaker 4: And you wouldn't pull out would you pull out a firearm? I would not pull out a gun. If I you know, somebody was shoplifting at a store, I'm not going to pull out a gun and getting involved in that.
Speaker 6: Just the shoplifting, No, But it also depends what happened prior to that. If he knocked out some woman that was a worker there trying to get out the door, then yeah, that's different, you know.
Speaker 5: But now just for the shoplifting, I wouldn't. But I mean then.
Speaker 6: Again, like I said, it's just whatever the circumstances dore at the time, right for everyone to have to deal with the cost of it.
Speaker 5: To have to I mean because I used.
Speaker 6: To work at a store for a while ago and attractor supply, and you would have people come in and steal tools, they'd steal all kinds of SnO, and we can't do anything because the like I had, one guy worked with Trump to stop one tackled him, he got fired and then charged police for it for us all, and it's absolutely ridiculous, like to have to deal with this.
Speaker 1: Why should you be going to mackle somebody?
Speaker 4: Now, I get it why the corporation doesn't want you know, they don't want any liability whatever, But why would the police charge the worker for tackling somebody. The guys guy's running out, he's stealing, Like, why shouldn't you be able to tackle?
Speaker 6: That was assault, and that it was beyond his scope and of an employee, and he should have reported it. But it was the same guy that had been coming into our store for weeks and stealing stuff, and as soon as he come in, we'd call the cops. It take them, if they even showed up, it would take them an hour or two.
Speaker 5: To get there. But then he's down the road with everything.
Speaker 6: And finally, one day, this guy got sick of it and tackled him in.
Speaker 5: The parking lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't have any issue with that.
Speaker 6: Both I was released and my buddy got charged with assault.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: I mean hopefully that hopefully they end up dropping those charges.
Speaker 1: I hope.
Speaker 5: Oh no, he got eleven twenty nine on it. He got fully charged and convicted on it.
Speaker 1: What's that.
Speaker 5: Eleven twenty nine?
Speaker 6: It was a it was a gross misdemeanor, which means he's on eleven twenty nine probation eleven months, twenty nine days.
Speaker 5: That's the max they can give you.
Speaker 4: Oh look at that nine lingo, lingo, Yeah, yeah, all right, country, Chris, Yeah, schooling us on the judicial system there and wherever Memphis, Thank you, Thank you, Country, Chris Dougie, are you.
Speaker 1: Ready for the award winning Chizzy?
Speaker 3: Here we go, Kida Hizzy rod was morning, Gloria.
Speaker 2: Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has killed twenty three twenty five people.
Speaker 3: That's according to government data yesterday.
Speaker 4: And that now my a bad person because you keep doing these stories and this has been going on for like six months, and you just like it's in is really far away and it's not coming here as best I can.
Speaker 3: Hell, well, I just let.
Speaker 2: Me just tell you that this new number has surpassed the toll from the twenty eighteen to twenty twenty outbreak, So it's now become the deadliest in the country's history.
Speaker 3: So let's just move on from that.
Speaker 2: How about the Category one hurricane storm that hit Hawaii.
Speaker 4: Do you see Oh yeah, I saw pictures of this looks pretty I mean only a category one, but yeah, there's a lot of flooding there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was pretty grim over there. Forecasters officials worn that hazards will linger and several several areas at least one hundred homes were destroyed or lost in the storm as floodwaters were inundating communities. So and we are lucky that it was only category one, but that finally it's that was storm La LA that has moved on. A homeowners' association is supposed to help keep communities looking nice so that property values will stay high. But sometimes people get really upset with them. I know he's not fans of home.
Speaker 7: Oh no, because of a lot of their I mean, I understand what their purpose is, but he also have that they also abused her power to make up these really really arcane rules that people just just piss people off.
Speaker 3: Well, there's one lady that's gone virals.
Speaker 2: She's really upset because she keeps getting a forty five dollars fine for something in her house.
Speaker 3: And I think you have a video.
Speaker 1: Here, Oh, I have a video okay that will.
Speaker 2: Show you what she's doing and why she's getting forty five dollars fines.
Speaker 8: Charging me forty five dollars for this.
Speaker 3: Bush. So we're gonna seeks it today. She has a dead bush in her yard. It's brown.
Speaker 1: You're just gonna spray painted green.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not dead, no more.
Speaker 4: You could just replace the bush, like you're supposed to write, well.
Speaker 3: That's mine, that's all.
Speaker 1: Like, how did they get green?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I like this plane.
Speaker 3: I think it's great.
Speaker 2: It's very creative to make her house still look good. Over seven million views Brover.
Speaker 3: On this video.
Speaker 10: Now everybody knows they're watching. So what it looks? You can't find me anymore if it looks green? I mean it looks great.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Did they keep giving her a forty five dollars or does sheee like at one forty or they.
Speaker 1: Keep giving it to her? Well?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And what's words?
Speaker 7: And if you don't pay fines over a certain period, within a certain period of time, you can actually put a lean on your house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this, I mean she fixed the problem, didn't she?
Speaker 11: Me?
Speaker 7: Personally, if I was in that situation, I'll just rip the bush out and not replace it. Bush probably doesn't cost that much money. That little teeny tiny bush that's like that root system's deep. Yeah, you have to dig that out. Yeah, go dig up a bush, Rover. Have you ever done that?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: But do you ever have a wart on the bottom of your foot and all the tentacles from that?
Speaker 3: Just keep expanding and then they can never sounds good me neither.
Speaker 2: This is entertainment news for you, Law and Order SBU. The star of that show Mariska Hargatea. She is a huge, die hard Knicks fan and she has become friends with the team's Jalen Brunson. Everyone loves Jamie. He's a great guy. So they are going to do a little collaboration. And right after winning the NBA Championship, when asked what he's doing in the off season, the NBA star said he's going to try to get on SBU. Now Mariska says that it's definitely happening, so he is going to collaborate.
Speaker 1: I have a guest star appearance on there.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think that's actually pretty cool.
Speaker 7: I would not having a guest starring you, Piace. I get to play the judge because they're the role. The role that the judges are limited and very few lines. I have to learn, just have to know the sort of lingo that judges you that that would.
Speaker 4: Be in true Jalen Brown's are going to play a character or is he going to play himself?
Speaker 3: Find out?
Speaker 1: We have to find out.
Speaker 2: And finally, I'm really concerned about Dolly Parton. She canceled her appearance at Dollywood due to this ongoing health issue that she's been having. And I heard a couple of people say over the weekend, I don't know how much longer. I don't know how much longer she's going to be with us, which is really kind of sad. So I've got the Rod Stewart watch, Barry Manilow and now Dolly Parton.
Speaker 3: Hopefully Dolly will be okay because she's got whatever health issues.
Speaker 1: NO want ed Hayden Panite.
Speaker 3: She's young. I did get it. A couple of people are like, why aren't you talking about that?
Speaker 2: We did talk about actress Hayden Pantiera.
Speaker 3: She died thirty six years old. Uh, yesterday she passed away. So they are going to do an autopsy to see what's going on with that. There you go.
Speaker 2: That's the shizzy on Rovers one a bone.
Speaker 9: Sign up for r M G Plus and get all the bonus content you can.
Speaker 1: Shake your stick at.
Speaker 9: Do you have your math Brody left over, rm ged arcotics more extras than you get from your favorite exotic dancer RMG fluss Sign up now at roverradio dot com.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Jalen Bruns, and he is one of the guys that I was gonna tell you about that appears to be taking part of a new male fashion trend. This is sweeping the sports world in particular, this male fashion trend.
Speaker 1: And I'm curious.
Speaker 4: Now things trickle down eventually, that's where it starts in the sports world, and it trickles down to just every everyday joels like like me and Charlie and Schnitzer and Jeffrey, would you guys participate in this latest trend that the men are doing.
Speaker 1: This is where they are carrying purses.
Speaker 4: Have you seen all of these athletes that carry purses around with them all the time. Now they're walking into games, they're getting onto planes, they're carrying purses. I believe he's here's a that's killing a bappe soccer for a woman.
Speaker 1: No, that's his purse. That's his purse.
Speaker 3: I think that's great, Immerse.
Speaker 4: This is just this is something I don't think I'm going to be able to get into.
Speaker 2: This is you already carry a purse walking in here to the studio every day lunchbox. It looks like a purse. It's a little black bag that he holds is able to like a purse like a purse does his pinkies out when he walks.
Speaker 4: In, strangle you with the purse strap your little bag.
Speaker 1: Not it's a it's a ten dollars Amazon with.
Speaker 3: The Fendy ice pack inside.
Speaker 4: Such as just such a jealous bitch.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's anything wrong with And I don't think that looks like a purse.
Speaker 3: He's not holding it over his shoulder. These water doesn't.
Speaker 1: It doesn't look like a pert.
Speaker 3: Looks like a travel bag. Travel There's other.
Speaker 1: There's other pictures here. The article. I can't get through the article.
Speaker 3: Ohy not, well it's a paywall.
Speaker 1: I won't see that one picture in the in there anyway. Let me see here.
Speaker 4: Just athletes that are doing this, because primarily athletes who are doing this probably seen it in person.
Speaker 1: I don't think mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Since I'm clicking on this and it's not behind the paywall at.
Speaker 11: All, well, it's behind mine paywall on mine too, paywall on yours too. All right, tell me I'll have to get you these pictures. Then they have.
Speaker 4: Here's what's a guy from Norway, the Holland guy or Earling or whatever.
Speaker 3: Earling Holland blonde.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this dude is carried he looks like a caveman, a blonde caveman. He's carrying these purses around all the time, these air mens purses, and some of these are worth like thirty forty fifty thousand dollars. These dudes carrying these persons.
Speaker 11: He's convinced guys to spend more money like these expensive stores.
Speaker 1: I think it's what it boils down to us there.
Speaker 4: It's very little that guys can do in order to I guess, show off your wealth or something to a watch, a necklace, you can do some bracelets, you know, bracelet generally just a watch, and that's about it, you know. I mean, there's not a whole lot that dudes have expensive stuff, like guys don't have Could you have expensive shoes, yeah, but they're not as they just kind of look like regular shoes, whereas girls will have high heels because two thousand dollars or something, you know, so they this is I guess a way for these guys to show off how much money they make.
Speaker 1: But it's just not a it's not a good look.
Speaker 2: Guys can wear belts that's just a bag, that's not a purse.
Speaker 3: That's just that's a purse.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? Due, that's a purse.
Speaker 3: That's a bag you're walking out with?
Speaker 1: You would you would?
Speaker 11: You wouldn't say anything. My mom has that purse. That's a purse, Doug.
Speaker 3: It's just who cares?
Speaker 1: He's Bronson's his lunchbox.
Speaker 3: That's his lunchbox.
Speaker 4: That's I mean, this is what do you care? As a look here, what do you have? What do you have in there? Do you need this?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He walks the red carpet of something.
Speaker 4: This is All Star twenty, I guess the All Star game, NBA All Star walking like a red carpet into the thing and Jalen Brunson is wearing a suit. He's wearing a suit, but the the pant legs are very very short. These are like free pants, right, So it's a suit with capri pants and he's carrying a little purse with him. They caption it here a Louis Vatan stop kit whatever that is.
Speaker 3: So I'm guessing that these are sponsors that they get.
Speaker 1: There's a guy I don't even know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that one I don't even see. I think that one's hard to actually see. I don't even he's got a Gucciic kind of have known that that guy's carrying a purse because it blends in with his leather jacket. Here's Erling Holland carrying a purse.
Speaker 3: That's not a purse. It's not a purse.
Speaker 2: It's just it's something that's carrying his notebook and his computer.
Speaker 1: Go to the one with him in the raccoon. That's okay, okay, that's that's a purse. About the raccoon.
Speaker 3: What's with the raccoon and the alcohol? Is that taxidermy?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think he bought that in America when he was over for the world copy. Must have seen this weird ass rack coon thing, stuffed raccoon in a store because he was remember he was going into all these crazy stores and just doing stupid stuff. So he took this stuffed raccoon home. And he's also carrying a purse. Now that makes a little more sense. He's coming off of a plane, yeah, this one. He's not just walking around going on a red carpet. This is like a travel bag. I wouldn't walk around with that, would you guy?
Speaker 11: But it makes a little more sense it has stuff in it because he's traveling. I'm just saying I wouldn't know. I have a backpack and roller bag. A cheap roller bag works great. Why would you know?
Speaker 8: All I think about is Joey from Friends and he starts carrying around a purse and he says it's a murse. He has a bag and he loves it. He can put anything he wants in it. You want to carry around a sweater, as a chapstick, your drink, you have somewhere to put it.
Speaker 1: Guys don't need to carry what do you need to carry around?
Speaker 8: I mean, look at Charlie's wallet. My god, if he had that little bag, a satchel of some sort. I mean, did have that fanny pack? Remember when he was vaping all the time. Are you still vaping as much, Charlie? Yeah, but no, it's easier. You don't have all these batteries and liquids and everything.
Speaker 4: You had all the juice, the bottles, the files, the droppers, And he had a whole fanny pack that he was carrying, a whole like heroin cut.
Speaker 1: But I would say, are you glad you don't have to carry that around anymore? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I hated that. Yeah, it was the worst. I don't know what guy would want to carry stuff around to a purse. Ah, if anybody was going to wear a pursa would be yeah, it would be me. What do you mean I would carry a purse around? Yes?
Speaker 11: What am I going to do with the purse? I don't know the purse? But you, out of everybody in the show, you're more purse likely.
Speaker 1: Than any of us.
Speaker 3: Not with his fanny pack and his non he has no pockets and his.
Speaker 1: To see to wear women's clothes. I've never seen him with anything on his shoulder.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but I could see Rover traveling. You could. You could be a perse guy for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: These duds are wearing like those crossbody bags all the time. I'm not a fan of those. What are you putting in there? What do guys need that for anything? I need to carry a hand to my wife and she carries it for me. That's how That's how a real man does it. I've got to take a break. Eight sixty six yo, Rover is our number. Eight sixty six nine sixty seven six eighty three seven. H.
Speaker 1: James says they are purses.
Speaker 4: My cousin from Belgium came over a couple of years ago he had one. It's totally normal in Europe for guys to carry purses around.
Speaker 3: Love it.
Speaker 1: And that.
Speaker 4: Mike Rochburns says that Earling Holland has a massive taxidermy collection. I didn't know that, but apparently that's why he was taking that raccoon home, although Trumpy says it's because he loved America so much, that's why he bought that raccoon. Well, whatever the case, he went back home to Norway with a very strange So that's what the raccoon is. It's a bottle of alcohol that the raccoon is drinking out of.
Speaker 1: Is that what that is? Yeah, that's what it looks like.
Speaker 3: Is it like a wine?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 3: Do you ever see like real creative ways to hold a bottle of wine? Is that what this is? To hold a bottle of alcohol?
Speaker 5: Maybe?
Speaker 11: Yeah, you put whatever bottle you're drinking in there. That's pretty funny. Oh all right, I'm gonna take a break. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Hang on. Somebody points out that Jalen Bronson.
Speaker 4: I would not have figured this out, but Jalen Bronson in that p make sure where he's carrying that little louis Vauton bag. He's wearing a double breasted suit jacket. Sin's just gonna try and find this. I can see him searching for this again. He probably deleted it, all righty there? It is anything else in this photo that you notice is very feminine?
Speaker 1: Any idea?
Speaker 8: I noticed that it looks like there's something in his pocket. That's what was bothering me, because why is that not in his purse?
Speaker 1: Great point. I guess it's a phone. It looks like, yeah, put your phone in your purse like a man. It kind of looks like ladies' pants.
Speaker 4: Well it's actually now this guy pointed this out, it's a women's double breasted blazer because it buttons that way. Now, men's double breasted suits the buttons are on the it buttons the other way.
Speaker 1: Yes, so he's wearing a woman's jacket. I'm gonna get it. Could be European. Do you think that's what it is? Because isn't it universe soul all the way?
Speaker 4: I thought all men's double breasted suits they button on the the right hand side, right, women's botton on the left.
Speaker 1: Normally, I think, yeah, that's right. Anyway, So he's wearing a women's women's coat. I guess.
Speaker 4: Have you guys, do you have any idea who Jason Arday is? Have you guys seen any of this story?
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 4: People started sending me this maybe about two weeks ago. And I think the reason why people started sending me Jason R.
Speaker 1: Day stories is they wanted this.
Speaker 4: This is a DEI higher that a university in England did.
Speaker 1: I think it was Cambridge University.
Speaker 4: I believe they hired him as the youngest black professor in Cambridge's history, and he had an incredible origin story that he told has a book that is either coming out this week or next week. And then a couple of weeks ago, questions started arising about are these stories actually true? Is his background actually honest? And I think the reason why people are sending me this is that, oh, look at this the he's a black guy, and I think that that he was getting a worse here's a picture of him. He's kind of a weird looking dude, to be honest with you, honestly, Like doesn't he just have like that weird surprise, like whoa, it's a weird bok on his face like a puppet.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 11: It seems like you'd be in mister Rogers's little universe. Well those Lady Laine and stuff. And I'm not sure exactly what this hat is. I guess I guess we need to become a professor of whatever at Cambridge, which it sounds pretty important. Maybe they put you in this goofy hat.
Speaker 4: But anyway, so some questions started to be raised about plagiarism, and somebody who had previously been fired from Cabridge figured out that he had plagiarized a paper or whatever from somebody who had written a very similar paper six years ago, a student, and he had plagiarized this. So that was sort of the opening of the floodgates. Also turns out that people have questioned some of his origin story, even back to last year. A reporter started asking questions, digging up when he got wind of some of these inconsistencies in his stories. He started asking questions and this professor, Jason Arday, reported him to the police. Where the police then, I'm not sure if they actually charged or just threatened to charge. I think they might have actually charged the reporter with harassment. They're like, no, this is harassment. All the reporter ever did was email Will you respond to these allegations or will you respond to these questions that I have?
Speaker 1: And if it turned.
Speaker 4: Into you're coming after me because I'm black. This Jason Arday guy wrote something just a few months ago, and it's like there's a people are coming after black people in academia and it's so racist and they're only coming after people because they're black. Well, really they were coming after him because of some of these tall tales that he told. Well, over the weekend he was found dead and I'm guessing he committed suicide.
Speaker 1: I don't know any more about it.
Speaker 4: He resigned from Cambridge, I think last week after Cambridge said, oh, yeah, you know what we are. They defended him, but then last they're like, we might have to do an investigation. In fact, we're going to do an investigation into what this guy's been saying because turns out some of what he said was not true. For instance, is a book coming out. He detailed a lot of this stuff in the book, which is due to be published this month. I don't know if they'll actually put it out, this Simon and Schuster book, but he claims he was diagnosed with autism at the age of three. He claims he was nonverbal until the age of eleven, claimed that he was unable to read or write until the age of eighteen, claim that he once ran six hundred miles in six days, six hundred miles in six days. He also claimed that he raised more than five million dollars for charity by running thirty marathons in thirty five days. Think about that for a second, thirty five days, he ran thirty marathons, including nine marathons. Of those thirty marathons, nine of them he had a fractured fibula, and he continued, he just ran right through it. He also claimed that he had a pig's head that him had sent to his parents' home in London, and that he stated that the police had identified the butcher shop from which the pig had been purchased. However, the police dispute that and the media could not find any evidence of this. The police say, we've never actually had an investigation into a pigs had.
Speaker 7: One find out that if this guy claimed that he ran thirty five marathons, and you know, the average of marathons about twenty six miles, he would have would have run nine hundred and ten miles altogether.
Speaker 1: Thirty marathons. Thirty marathons.
Speaker 7: No, I multiplied thirty five times twenty.
Speaker 4: Six thirty marathons. He did thirty marathons and thirty five days. Oh me, oh, hold on, calculate. You got to recalculate this whole thing. We want to just for the sake of accuracy. We don't want to lie like Jason Rday did so anyway, so there's a there was a legitimate.
Speaker 7: Let's redo that it's seven hundred and eighty miles.
Speaker 1: Seven to eighty.
Speaker 4: But still that's over thirty five days. What's more impressive is that he claims to have ran six hundred miles in six days.
Speaker 1: How many miles per day would that be? Jeffrey, Oh my god?
Speaker 8: Really is he part of the Long Walk that you guys have been talking about that movie?
Speaker 4: Six hundred miles and six days? How many miles a day is that? That's one hundred miles a day? Okay, okay, all right, all right, are you really calculating over there?
Speaker 1: What were you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He was using a calcultar Carol head it up, so.
Speaker 4: I used to Okay, okay, I was hoping you would do that in your head instead.
Speaker 7: Of that for the sake of accuracy. Figure I use a calculator anyway.
Speaker 4: So he denied lying, and and a lot of these things are pretty and I'm just scratching the surface. He also claimed to be on the staff of I think two or three universities in the United States. Those universities say, Nope, we don't know what you're talking about. He was never a professor here, was never on our staff. So a lot of his stuff he had just completely invented. And the argument that people who were sending this to me, I'm guessing is that they were like, oh, this is a DEI hire. They they was a kind of a good story. They didn't fully vet this guy. Look at what a liar this guy is. They only gave him the job because he's black. They didn't actually, you know, figure out if he was telling the truth or not.
Speaker 7: Well over there you could say he's Uh. There's a term i've I've I've heard before. Was he called him a fabuloustcambulist. He means he means he makes up stuff to try to make himself look good. Look at George Santo's he called him a fabulous for the same exact thing.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's exactly the same sort of scenario where correct the tall tales and I guess nobody ever calls you out on it. I'm just surprised that you could be hired as a professor and get in the you know, this is a big deal. He's whatever he was, you know, the youngest black professor of all time there, and so they really want to toot that horn. They want a trumpet that news look at us. But you would think that somebody would question. And when you get hired in a position like that, don't they double check your references?
Speaker 1: Don't they?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Don't they check and make sure you're actually on the staff of whatever universities he claimed to be in the United States? Doesn't somebody pick up the phone and go, hey, we just want to or is the tail so incredible that you just figure he wouldn't lie about this, right because it would be so easily verifiable that they don't even check.
Speaker 1: You think that's what happened here in this case.
Speaker 11: Do you lie about much school stuff or just about the running.
Speaker 4: Well the school stuff, yeah, because is he a plagiarized a bunch of stuff? But be he also uh you know, he claimed as part of his resume that he was on he was a professor and on the staff of these other schools, and and they go like, he've never worked there at all. We don't know what you're talking about. I'm just wondering how you how you loss that over? How do you not check that if you're Cambridge and you're going to hire this guy in a high profile position, and now the whole thing's come crashing down and I apparently I guess he. I guess he committed suicide or overdosed or something. I'm not sure exactly what he what happened over the weekend, but obviously something where he you know, he resigned his position last week.
Speaker 1: And uh, here's.
Speaker 4: Somebody who says we're over should have a little sympathy for his fellow marathon or yeah, do you think it's possible for even the world because this article goes this would put him if he ran six hundred miles in six days, it would put him as like a monks to the top two or three world class long distance runners of all time. You would think somebody would question that too, right, Like that seems a little too good to be true. But I guess if you're just convincing enough, and you can you can get away and lie, lie about anything. Jeffrey is a known liar. It's the biggest liar on the show.
Speaker 1: What do you think about this guy's lies?
Speaker 7: I mean he's he was able to, you know, use them, but eventually he.
Speaker 1: Was found out kind of like you. We always find out your lies. Right.
Speaker 4: Is there anything you've lied to us about recently? I can't think of anything at the moment. How did your How did your wrestling go over?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually went very well.
Speaker 11: Was it was?
Speaker 7: It was a packed house and I'm very satisfied to say that my car made there.
Speaker 1: And back without issue.
Speaker 4: Now, I did tell you right before you left on Friday, I said, Jeffery, you might be a good idea. Why don't you just get a ride? Why don't you get an uber? Why don't you have them pay for an uber for you? Considering you're going down there to work and you didn't want to. You didn't, you weren't interested. It was just too expensive. So I took a chance. That's why you get them to pay for it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but one of the things I was advised to do is, you know, use the main roads whenever post sal freeway as much as possible, use the main roads, kind of keep the RPM lowcaus like even I for the last like five miles out of use a freeway to get to actually get to the street where.
Speaker 1: The venue was.
Speaker 7: But I was able to keep a car about fifty five miles pour.
Speaker 1: But the the car.
Speaker 7: Ran an RPM between fifteen hundred to two thousand or a below.
Speaker 3: I don't know what any of that means and revolutions.
Speaker 1: Permitted dugee, but it was good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so a car, a car ran good and on the way home and on the way home.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: So I was just going to expand your you're radius of how how far you're willing to drive. Now you're gonna start going back to just driving it like it doesn't matter or what.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna just just this is one time, okay.
Speaker 7: Student, student, I was just doing it, doing off from work.
Speaker 1: And why didn't you have them give you a ride?
Speaker 7: Well, for one, I've said before on Friday, none of the rest of us live close by where I live, and I was because I've considered taking an uber base this is going to be too expensive, and you tell them, hey, buy me an uber.
Speaker 1: I never got around.
Speaker 7: I never came up to thought of asking that question, because.
Speaker 4: Would you have regretted that if your car blew up and you had no car? Would you have said, oh, I should have asked for an hour?
Speaker 7: Probably I probably would have then regretted if my car blew up. I was very fortunate because I checked oil before I left. Do you check it after too, Yeah, I've made sure to check it. Okay, So this is to me, this is that one time I'm going to drive my car that far and just try to stay within the county if at all possible. And I'm just for too and from working Kyle too around Lakewood and whatnot.
Speaker 1: Crystal, you were not here on Friday once again? Where were you?
Speaker 8: I was in Chicago this weekend for Fan Expo and how did that go?
Speaker 3: Awesome? Honestly, it's a long weekend.
Speaker 8: I didn't get in until one am, so I'm on a couple hours of sleep right now. But you know, I sit with we were talking about Twilight earlier this morning. I sit with the cull and cast all the column with some vampires over the weekend and some of the people from the show Young Sheldon, and I also got an early screening of the show Dark Matter on Apple TV. Season two is dropping August twenty eighth, and I got a little sneak peek into what that season's like, and I'm really hooked.
Speaker 1: It's ever seen that show. What is it?
Speaker 8: It's a show actually based on a novel. Uh and it's like multi dimensional kind of quantum. It is so good. I'm absolutely obsessed with it. And I got to sit with the author and Amanda Brugel, who is from Hand Handmaid's Tale and she's also in this show as well, and got to chat with them afterwards. And I also got to hang out with Polly Shore over the weekends. It was phenomenal. He is a hoot.
Speaker 4: The boyfriend's going to be jealous about this, right look, Ollie Shore has his arm around Crystal.
Speaker 1: This cannot be allowed.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 8: He actually told me to tell him he's the goat and that, you know, because.
Speaker 3: He loves son in law so h yeah, he loves in law yeah.
Speaker 8: And in the army. Yeah, he likes that one as well. And I said, I love buy do.
Speaker 4: So ah, Dougie, look at you sexually assaulting Paulie Shore in this photo right here?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I did mention I was like, you know, I work on Rower's Morning Glory and you He goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was sexually assaulted by boarder.
Speaker 8: Yeah he's very much so, still a character, but very insightful, thoughtful guy, and I had a great time.
Speaker 4: Statute of limitations has passed. The Dougie is not too worried about that. Yeah, okay, all right, let's see here. What do I have to give away today, Dougie.
Speaker 2: You have a four pack of tickets to the Cleveland National Air Show.
Speaker 3: It's presented by Discount Drug Mart.
Speaker 2: It's going to be happening Labor Day weekends September fifth, sixth, and seventh at Nice Lakefront Airport. So tickets and parking are available online only in advance online at Cleveland Airshow dot com, or you can win in with us.
Speaker 3: We'll have tickets all week for you. No gate sales this year, so you have to get your ticket.
Speaker 1: Get it in advance, or win them right now.
Speaker 4: Call her thirty eight sixty six yo Rover eight six six nine sixty seven six eight three seven. Good luck to you. Give you those tickets if you're caller thirty. The Aftermath starts on RMG plus in just a few minutes. If you don't subscribe to RMG plus, sign up right now at roverradio dot com. That way, you can watch or listen live as they get started in about ten minutes over on RMG plus Charlie, Jeffrey Snitzer, all continuing on the aftermath. Sign up for RMG plus on the website roverradio dot com. We will be back live tomorrow morning. Have a great day. It's Rover's Morning Glory. Bye bye, Rover's Morning Glory.