Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham, the Great American October the seventh, twenty twenty three is a date that will live in infamy for those of the Jewish faith. I think throughout the world as far as the of the aggravation of what happened with the Hamas has below all the Islamic extremists and what happened on that date is incredible. And joining you and I now as Urik Kaufman, author of American Intafada and Professor Uri Kaufman, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And much as we did during nine to eleven or maybe Pearl Harbor, the world change for Israel on October the seventh, twenty twenty three. Can you describe Israel, say, on October the third or fourth of twenty twenty three, two or three days before the attack by hamas the status of Israel at that point. Then we're going to compare it to what Israel was today after October the seventh, and what's happening today. But describe Israel, say a couple of days before October the seventh.
Speaker 2: You go back to let's say October the sixth, twenty twenty three. Okay, Israel, I could say was in its golden age. Its economy was thriving. It's per capita income was higher than Germany, Italy, Britain, France, Canada. Even it seemed like it was in an extended period of peace. It was only spending three and a half percent of its GDP on defense, the lowest level in its history, I think, even a bit lower than what we spent here in America. It really looked like blue skies ahead, and then just overnight the whole thing went upside down, which kind of is what happened in nineteen seventy three. It looked like everything was great, and then October the sixth, nineteen seventy three, came along and everything got turned upside down.
Speaker 1: Of course, I was there six months before that. I sensed when I spoke to israelis I spent time in the West Bank, spent time in Masada, spent time in Palestinian held territories. It was safe, it was secure. We were told there might be some rockets at the Hotel David. If that's the case, we'll give you a warning, go into the stairwell. None of that happened. The streets were full of tourism. I was told that before October the seventh, and you know, there was full employment. About twenty five thousand Palestinians came across the checkpoints every day. There was a sense that we're over the hump. The Abraham Accords were not quite fully implemented, but Trump was going to win the election, in which case it'll be better. And all of a sudden October seventh happened. Can you to tell the American people why it happened? We've gone back in time with Pearl Harbor and with nine to eleven. Why did October the seventh happen? And why weren't the Israeli government prepared for that?
Speaker 2: Well, the lead that it happened was that CAMAS wanted to prevent normalization between Israel and Saudi Arabia. And of course, when we talk about CAMAS, it's a terrorist group. We don't know the inner workings, it's all opaque. But this is basically a good I guess you could say, assessment of what happened. They did not want to see Israel normalized. There was, as you say, talk of the Abraham Accords, President Trump's Abraham Accords expanding, expanding to Saudi Arabia, expanding to a country called Oman. Maybe some other players and Hamas saw this. And you have to understand, Kamas never gave up its dream of genocide, of killing all the Jews, of wiping Israel off the map. Iran never gave up on that dream. They had a clock ticking in downtown Tehran, ticking down to a date in twenty forty when they said they were going to kill all the Jews. Hesbila never gave up on the dream, and Iran had built what they called the ring of fire around Israel. It was Camas, and not just Kamas in Gaza, but Hamas in Judea, Samaria. It was Hesbola up in Lebanon. It was Bishar Assad in Syria. It was the Iraqi militias in Iraq. She had militias in Iraq, and of course it was Yemen where you have the who, theies, and Iran itself. So they have this ring of fire. They always said they were going to activate it at some point to wipe Israel off the map. It does appear that ye yes Cin Nooir, the head of the mosque, jumped the gun and he dragged the region into a war before Iran would have wanted it but that's really what happened. You never really need much of a reason. Unfortunately, with the Jahadists, I guess you can say that it's when they're living in peace that you have to ask yourself why that's happening.
Speaker 1: Why did October seventh militarily from the AMAS perspective, why did it succeed? Why was the idea of unprepared?
Speaker 2: It's exactly what happened in nineteen seventy three. There was a failure of a core assumption. The core assumption was the Palestinians in Gaza are not going to go to war because it would be an active national suicide. You have to realize at that moment, as you indicated, seventeen thousand Palestinians from Gaza were working in Israel each and every day. Israel was supplying Gaza with sixty seven thousand trucks filled with supplies. Israel supplied Gaza with five point seven billion yallons of water, of its electricity, all of its fuel by the way, as an asside, The New York Times described this as a blockade, sometimes as the Draconian blockade. They like making stuff up. But the Palestinians and God, there was no blockade. It was the opposite. They had effectively given them the benefits of peace. Prime Minister in Nitanie, who had even announced a few weeks before that Gods and Palestinians could explore for offshore natural gas in the Mediterranean off the coast of Goza, where there is thought to be natural gas, which would be, of course a big source of wealth for the Palestinian people. And no one dreamt that they would blow that up, but they did, and they did because, as the Kamas leaders themselves said, they're not like you and me. They're not like the West. They're not really concerned about bettering the lives of their people. They're not concerned with raising their kids. They just want to wipe Israel off the map. They just want to come a genocide, they say'd user apes and pigs, and that's more important to them. And you can really say the same about Iran. The Ayapola Homini back in the day once said the revolution was not about the price of watermelons, and what he met by that was if I were to ask you what's the role of government, you'd say, well, the role of government is to improve the lives of the citizenry. And then you might say, without a trick question, isn't that obvious over there? That's not the way the Islamists look at it. They view the role of government as trying to create this caliphate, hopefully in the capitol of Mecca, and killing all the people they deemed to be infidels, and that's more important than anything else, and that is why all their resources are directed towards war, towards Hesbola, towards the hoolies. Even now, the Iranians can't keep the lights on, they don't have water. I mean, certain basic things we take for granted. You turn the faucet, water comes out. They can't take that for granted in Iran. And yet the Iranians are still sending billions and billions of dollars. Took thems to Hespula, to the Hoovies, because again, this is what's most important to them. That could just make one final pull. When President Obama did the Iran deal, it freed up over one hundred billion dollars to the Iranians, and at the time, President Obama said, well, they're going to spend that money on their kids, on their country, on their economy, And it was ridiculous they took that money and they sent it to the who these the hes bought a kama because that's their national priority, that's what's most important to them, and it just showed a fundamental misunderstanding of Iranian priorities. And again, as you said, thank with President Trump is in the White House and we finally understand our enemies a little better than we did before.
Speaker 1: It's a culture of death. Some of US leaders when asked why do you build your facilities underground below hospitals and orphanages, in schools and apartment buildings, it's because the civilians that are being killed to get at them are also part of the Intifada against Israel. They want Palestinians and gods and children to be killed by the Jew in order to demonstrate to the UN into the world world that there's some sort of holocaust happening, some sort of genosade happening, which is a bunch of bs. They Hamas specifically wants men, women, and children and gods it'll be killed, and that's part of the Intifada, that's part of They're part of it. They want four year old girls to have their legs blown off because that's what they want. It's a culture of death, not a culture of life.
Speaker 3: So why should anyone make peace with them? Right right now?
Speaker 1: You know the talks are ongoing, it's going to be close. The hostages are going to be released, allegedly. I'll believe it when I see it. But why do business with them at all? Because whether it's five thousand left or five hundred left, they're committed to the destruction, the murder of Jews and Westerners whoever they might be found.
Speaker 3: Why accept their word for anything? We know what they want.
Speaker 2: Well, they're not accepting their word. And that's what's different about it this time. This time, we're not trusting the Palestinians. The way the deal is set up, the first thing that happens is the hostages go free. That's what we all want to sha. The second thing, though, is the key point. Israel is going to stay in Gaza with its soldiers in a perimeter surrounding Gaza so that they can no longer flood it with weapons from Egypt from Sinai. Now, when Kamala Harris was vice president, she said, I will not allow this. It was in a speech in July of twenty twenty four when she was already, he presumed a candidate for the Democrats. She said, I will not allow this. I'm not going to let Israel have a presence there. It'll shrink Gaza and that'll hurt the Palestinians. Well, well, then if you're doing that, you're basically trusting Comas to not do what he has done before and has been doing for decades, which is just rearmed for the next round. This time it's going to be different, and President Trump has made that absolutely clear. He is also said Camas is not going to be in power when this is over. Gaza is going to demilitarize. There will be some sort of civilian government, but Hamasa and the PA, the Palestinian authority, which isn't really much better, they're just not going to be allowed to take a part in that. So we can only hope that it's going to get a little bit better because now Israel will be in charge of security instead of trusting the Palestinians who've broken their word, basically broken every treaty they've ever signed.
Speaker 1: Professor Yurik Kaufman, can you address yourself to the issue why is Israel so despised by Europe, by the UN, by American college kids, if a poll was done about do you support Palestinians or israel I think the poll indicates two thirds of Americans wrongfully educated by the miseducation systems. We have support Palestinians over Israelis, who simply won piece and Israel has few friends in the world.
Speaker 3: Why is that?
Speaker 2: The easiest way to understand this is to engage in a thought experiment. So let's assume every fact of the October seven attack happened exactly the way it did. Total unprovoked attack. Twelve hundred people murdered, two hundred and fifty ostages, women raped. One more fact you need to know the Biden administration budgeted billions of dollars in aid for Gaza, to whom they would characterize as the innocent civilians. Okay, let's assume all that happened exactly the way it did. Only let's assume the attackers were Germans of another era or Ukrainians, in other words, are white supremacists. Let's assume they were white people. Right, do you really think that Biden would have budgeted billions of dollars to white people who said Jews are apes and pigs? And now hold the thought, let's change all the identities of the players. Let's assume again same attack, and let's assume white supremacists instead of Arab supremacists. But let's assume they murdered twelve hundred black people and they raped black women. And now a Republican administration said, let's give billions of dollars to the innocent civilians, the innocent white supremacist who say that blacks are apes and pigs. There would have been rioting in the streets, and rightly so. So what we have here is this weird kind of dynamic. And then you get into something called cognitive dis where when people have deeply held beliefs and then facts appear the contradict the belief people change the facts, not the beliefs. And that's why Barack Obama, right after the attack tweeted that we have to say facts that there's unclean hands on both sides. Well, why don't he draw the moral equivalents, he said, because of what he terms the unbearable occupation, Well, there was no occupation Israels was drawn from Goza eighteen years before. But he didn't like those facts, so he changed the facts to fit the narrative and just one final thought. Imagine for a moment again, a thought experiment. Every fact happened exactly the way it did, and Iran was run not by crazy ayahtolas who say jewser apes and pigs, but by white supremacists who say Blacks are apes and pigs. Do you really think he would have done in Iranvian? Do you really think that Barack Obama would have agreed that they get to keep the first generation centri if you just continue their research, get over one hundred billion dollars to spend on insurgents killing black people. They get to make arms in five years, missiles in abs. They enrich uranium in ten fifteen years later, from the beginning of the agreement its sunsets. They get all the enriched uranium back. The experts say the breakout period maybe a few weeks, maybe a few months. The Iranians say they're going to take that and drop a bomb on black people, kill all the black people. Do you really think that Obama would have done a deal? Of course not. But it was with a regime run by what is turned people of color, and the people they're fighting are a white group of privileged. The Jews, and now suddenly it all gets scrambled and you can convince yourself cognitive dissonance that well, maybe the Iranians really hate us because of that coop in nineteen fifty three, which is of course ridiculous. The Iatola's Beast at Whop as well, just for the same reason we did. They didn't want to see a communist running Uran anymore than we did. I'm not defending the coup itself. I'm just pointing out that's not why they hate us. It's absurd, you know, And you to convince yourself, well, they'll take that one hundred billion dollars, they'll spend it on their kids. They're gonna lie to love us. They're people of color, they're fighting oppression, and you get all this nonsense which has passed around his truth, and not just in college campuses, but in mainstream media, in the New York Times, in CNN, in the BBC by Christian Amenport. But I have to say not by Bill Cunningham. And that's why it's so important to listen to your show.
Speaker 1: I went there. I went to Israel. You know, I worked in Jewish law firms for a long time. Katzman logan and helper, and for some reason, I feel a great affinity for the Jewish people. What they've had to put up with the Ring of Fire was something which has largely been eliminated except for what's happening in certain parts of Iran, in which they won't give up, they won't spend their money to help their own people. They continue to have the outside power about to take you over. It's been used throughout history. The policies of the Iranian government is awful, it's terrible, it makes no sense. However, it's not our problem. It's the Jews causing the difficulties. It's the classic what alf Hitler used against the Jews is not our policies that have failed, is the Jews destroying us. And that same idea is our policies have failed internally. We can't look at ourselves as having failed. Got to blame someone else for it. And that's always throughout history the jew for causing the problems. And all the Israeli wants to do is live in peace. Israel is a multi dimensional I've seen the gay pride flag flying in Jerusalem. I've gone to Catholic masses in Jerusalem. I've seen twenty twenty five percent of the Kanesse are Muslims. It is a Western style democracy. The truth will set you free. But many as you say, I'm not going to change my opinion, So I changed the facts. The Palestinians have been in charge of the gods for almost twenty years, and that they freely elected Hamasta be their government. Knowing I think what would happen in the long run, begging that Iran will get the nuclear weapon quickly.
Speaker 3: Set it out over Israel.
Speaker 1: All hell would break loose and then it's a culture of death, and then they'll go to heaven with the seventy two virgins. And I wish the rest of the world could see the reality of what Israel faces and what they've overcome. They've called the desert to bloom. It's a multi functional, multi dimensional Western democracy and it's working. And I'm sure in the months ahead, when peace finally comes and Benjamin not to, you know who's government's going to be in trouble for not being prepared for what happened on October the seventh, It's going to be a problem. And I guess they're going to change governments, and I pray the next government has his attitude when it comes to defending our homeland and the professor Uri Kaufman book Is America into Intofada. We've not even touched the surface of the of what's happening on college campus is how they're infiltrated and paid for by ignorance from the river to the sea. They think it's the Mississippi and the Caribbean. They have no idea it's Jordan. In other words, killed the Jews the six million that remained. But Professor, well, today's a big day. We'll see what happens down the road. But thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show and Ury Kaufman the book Is America into Fada? Once again, Thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Professor, you're a great American. I think you have it right, and I think I have it right.
Speaker 2: I couldn't agree more. And thank you so much for having me. It's always a privilege to speak to you and a pleasure to be on the show.
Speaker 3: God Bless America, God bless Israel. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: A let's continue with more news coming up next at jo Home of the Reds and the Bengals. News Radio seven hundred ww