Speaker 1: And an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talk. The Dodgers are back in Toronto, and so is the man that saved the Dodgers season in Game seven and Game six. That's the one and only Miguel Rojas. Thanks a lot for the time and great to be back here with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a great feeling, a lot of emotions, of course, coming back here in such a short time. You know, it feels like it was a couple of weeks ago and we're back into the same here. To be honest with you, this is one of the things that you never kind.
Speaker 1: Of like prepare for.
Speaker 2: You just gotta leave it. And that's why my expectations this whole year are just gonna be to be in the moment, because I want to enjoy Everything that happened last year obviously is in the past already, but I mean, we're gonna have some some things that we that we can remember and feel proud for, and this is one of them. Coming back to this country and knowing what we have to come through to to be back to back champions, it means a lad and I'm looking forward to enjoy this year.
Speaker 1: Did you have any issues coming across the border. I was worried about that the Canadians might stop you.
Speaker 2: No, nothing, nothing happened. They were actually really nice over there last night when we got here Blond Day yesterday. We have the way on the field and I'm really proud of the way the guys, everybody in the in the team has been doing their part to uh to get w So it's been from the contributions up and down the line up, starting pitching boopen, it's been amazing. And I was talking to the guys a little bit yesterday before we take a little shot for the sweep that it's really fun to watch to see everybody kind of like stepping in in the game, like guys like Alex Cole and Santiago Espinal yesterday got getting the first hit in a big times. It's really fun to be part of the Dodgers right now.
Speaker 1: Why does it always seem to happen when teams come together on road trips. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just feel like we had a little, a little thing going that is like a family reunion, and every time we get to go on the road, we like enjoying time together on the plane. Bus rides with us are are really fun. Were always trying to keep it loose and trying to connect and get together because obviously spring training, you're together for six months. For six weeks. I'm sorry, but you're not really doing much together. So I feel like this is our time to kind of like get to know people, get to know personalities. And it's being really nice to see Edwin and Talker and Santiago and the guys who just got to the team feeling comfortable and starting to feel like how it is to be a dollar running off the field.
Speaker 1: Speaking of bus rides, everybody's asked you about every single thing of Game seven, but one thing we've never heard. What was the bus ride like on the way to the stadium, And what was the bus ride like after you had the trophy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, on the way to the stadium. When we landed, we were down three two, right and we have to win two games. And that was one of the most like outgoing fun low a lot of music. People were like really really lose, having a good time, knowing that we have the opportunity to come here and we're gonna playing in front of a really, uh tough environment. Because these people right here in Canada, they know how to leave baseball, and obviously that creates a lot of anxiety, and you kind of can be nervous, but that was right, kind of like gods like Gardas going and being loose, and then all of a sudden, we show up to practice the next day and Dog is in there in between seconds and they're right there. So I feel like there's a lot of things from from getting out of the LA and losing that game game five, coming here and then everything changed just because we got to get it again. We connected and we knew it was gonna be hard, but we we we were lose, and we have to credit that to a lot of guys on our team, guys who've been here before in this situation, Freddie, Mookie and Kicking and the guys who were kind of playing every day. And I told something to the guys on the bass. I say, guys, I'm playing tomorrow and I have him played a monk, So you guys better help me out because I don't wanna. I don't want to be the reason why we're losing this word series. So the guys let me play. Let me play my part in game six and game seven, and and I'm glad that we we got.
Speaker 1: The word series such a big part. What was the best ride like after Game seven?
Speaker 2: Yeah, after saying it was more celebration and pure joy, you know, just like singing songs and and having a good time.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you were singing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I me and Kicking were doing a lot of the singing, but all of the guys in the on the balls were We're singing the song that we were playing.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 2: That's gotta I gotta keep that one to me and the boys. But yeah, it was. It was a great boss ride and obviously an amazing time to be to be with the boys and kind of like celebrate the champions.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot for the time. It's truly a privilege to be on the field back in Toronto with you, so thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm really grateful that I'm back here, that I have another opportunity to play in this stadium. A lot of good memories, and I know my family was here too, and I will always remember that the face of my kids when I got out of the hotel and then I see him around the field before we leave the trophy. He wasn't a pretty special.
Speaker 1: Beautiful Hey, the game rewards you and your wife had something to do with it too, So enjoy this time. You deserve it, and hopefully when you get in there tonight or tomorrow, the booze are as loud as they possibly can be.
Speaker 2: I'm not expecting anything, to be honest with you, I'm okay with the really big change that I had in La, so I will live with that the rest of my life, and I will love my LA fans.
Speaker 1: Forever, forever, and they will always love Miguel Rojas. Thanks a lot for the time, Migul appreciate it. Thank you.