Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: While it's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 2: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 4: This is petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadacres terrible person, He's the worst, and Matt money Smith the pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 5: Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show.
Speaker 4: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Patrose, Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: I don't crack. He's the under pressure puss.
Speaker 6: Puss puss, get your puzzo out every damn night.
Speaker 7: That's that's not cool.
Speaker 5: Warriors Big, can't do it, Sally, can't do it.
Speaker 2: Can't, can't, can't, can't, can't do.
Speaker 3: It, Sally.
Speaker 2: My wife, my wife, my wife, my wife.
Speaker 3: My wife, my wife, my wife.
Speaker 7: It takes up their time.
Speaker 5: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Nobody loves the light like a blind man.
Speaker 2: That's told me you s Petro Saying Money five seventy eight Sports Live Everywhere on the Iheartradiot Final Hour three hour show today. Rest of the week pretty extensive, at least three hour shows, if not four hour show.
Speaker 3: Alert Flex Alert Flex on Friday, Flex alert.
Speaker 2: Our favorite alert two to five thirty. We do not have any Dodger spring training games this week. Our next spring training game will be on Saturday. So full Rogan and Rodney, full Petros and money today. However, little snip snip, the Clippers Warriors will tip off a seven.
Speaker 3: I mean it is standard baseball season, three hour show man right, standard standard baseball season.
Speaker 2: We're approaching. We are approaching end of the month with the Freeway Series followed by the kickoff of the twenty twenty six campaign for your back to back World Series champion Dodgers. As we are your home of set back to back World Series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Standard operating baseball three hour show standard.
Speaker 2: We made it.
Speaker 3: Clippers versus Warriors tip off at seven tonight, as Matt said, but right now, brought to you by our friends at Concordia University, Irvine. Don't miss the Tim Kats Masters in Coaching podcasts for the Masters in Coaching and Administration program that we love. Because you can apply online right now for the summer session, which starts on May eighteenth. Go to CUI dot edu slash coaching the final hour fun fact everybody.
Speaker 2: It's fun effect.
Speaker 3: It's the yeah We're three fun fact.
Speaker 2: Well, the World Baseball Classic exhibitions begin tomorrow, so let's get you a final hour fun fact for one of the World Baseball Classic participants.
Speaker 3: You know, mad I tell you to set an alarm, but I know you wake up at one thirty am to start your day. So I mean, it's like right in the wheelhouse. It's like, well when Jenny Jones comes on, you know, it's like for most housewives, like it's right in your wheelhouse. Like that's the middle of the day for you.
Speaker 2: Everybody recognizes that it's a lack of sleep month for me. Because the World Baseball Classic has returned, we all do that.
Speaker 3: We all say, hey, give him, give him his space, give him fifty feet.
Speaker 2: Panama is in the World Baseball Classic. Panama will Field eighteen. When ships pass through the Panama Canal, they are charged by weight. The average toll for a ship is around one hundred and fifty grand to get through the canal. The smallest ever toll charged to pass through the Panama Canal was thirty six cents in nineteen twenty eight when Richard Burton swam the length of the canal.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, you still got to pay what you owe.
Speaker 2: Thirty six cents. I'm swimming the canal.
Speaker 3: I heard they have a hard time getting the sharks and the dolphins and stuff to pay up. Well, they've always been there. They're like, yeah, like Kate's in Arizona. You know, they're just out there doing their thing, you know, even though they're even though they're a foul of the law. All right, it is time for quick hits. Come on learning, come to the quick hits.
Speaker 1: Come make it quick, y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dodgers with a spring training game today and Scott's Dale versus the Colorado Rockies, Dalton Rushing went deep. Mookie Betts was there in the lineup. Other than that, according to this synopsis, a lot of minor leaguers out there, minor leaguing in around.
Speaker 2: Our man River. Ryan got the start two innings, gave up a single hit, uh and earned run. So keep an eye on him. I know he's one of our favorites. So there's that you couldn't count on calling.
Speaker 3: As far as our favorites like as meeting guys that I barely remember because these pictures come in and out of our lives, like we're a jiggalow. Then yes, River Ryan.
Speaker 2: By the way, already corrections and retractions on me. I did it earlier too. I keep forgetting that there's this old man Ryan, that there's young Ryan and old Ryan. And this is old man Ryan, right, Ryan is who took them on today, the thirty year old, not the exciting young prospect, young viral full of baseball.
Speaker 3: Why you're not a river, you're but you're but a creek up here.
Speaker 2: So I'm and count on call play terrible. It's a bad day for me.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks a lot, Matt for adding to the story. That's why will you know I'm gonna have a little nuance of this river running as a matter of fact. And also, right hander Gavin Stone has had a set back, the Stone bone, another one of those guns in and out of our lives. The bone his shoulder and he's paused from throwing right now. Dave Roberts said that the Stone boner surgically repaired shoulder and Boner was bothering him again after the.
Speaker 2: Last Boner is at the bone it's the bone.
Speaker 3: After last week's start and a subsequent bullpen probably scuttles good good word, his chits for opening day, scuttle the ship.
Speaker 2: Remember when Kate's was all upset that we were playing the boner sound effect when we were going to have the Stone Bone on from Brewery X and Anaheim. He was like, stop playing the boner.
Speaker 3: And it turned out that's all anybody calls him anyway. It's like, we're not the only guys like you think you're the only guy that grabbed the gas station pump and jacket off. If you're not, I'm not. No, you're not unique. We all do it. We all call him the Stone, we all call him the Stone Boner. Everybody. It's it's coastal by coastal uh. Speaking of the world, Matt, you're gonna get up early on Wednesday, Chinese Taipei versus Australia and US versus Brazil on Friday. In hustone in the first pool play game, TIMYUSA worked out today for All Time Together and the dentist, the bad guy from Mighty Ducks two, shut up, Musa is going down.
Speaker 2: That's where you're going, Aaron Judge saying he's excited to build on what the men's hockey team did in winning gold even though they weren't favored at the Olympics, overcoming the Swedes, overcoming the Canadians, judge looking forward to doing that in the World Baseball Classic. And I think it's the least we can do to get behind him.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, okay, all right, mister, team yours is going down.
Speaker 5: That's where you're going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see on the ice bomb Bay Oh, Matt the Lakers at thirty six and twenty four, And I for one, am so impressed with what Lebron is doing. And like Rodney Pete, I'm disgusted.
Speaker 2: By Luca disgusted made that incredible three pointer. Yes, now I was exciting. No, But you know, I think I think all he's saying is you gotta be a little more excited about Lebron when he's willing to play the second of a back to back like he did yesterday against the Kings.
Speaker 3: You know that's not like George Foreman boxing at sixty.
Speaker 2: You know, Lebron played the backside of a back to back for the first time they see pretty or second time this season. Lebronn he can look at this forty one year old kid off. Isn't this incredible?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I saw Marcus Johnson dunk for his seventieth birthday. I mean it seems like he still yeah.
Speaker 3: While holding his book The Credshaw Chronicles. Now that's impressive.
Speaker 2: It's exactly right. You want to impress me hold a book that you've actually read.
Speaker 3: More people in LA probably want to watch Marcus Johnson at seventy holding the Credshaw Chronicles dunk than Lebron in an actual Laker game.
Speaker 2: Oh, I won't you see him get up?
Speaker 3: They're the sixth seat in the West. The Lakers are half game behind house Nuggets and a game and a half behind Minnesota for the fourth spot. The Lakers host the Pelicans tomorrow night. They could rack up more stats for Lebron, who's not a number He's not a numbers guy, though.
Speaker 2: Why is he holding a stat sheet on the bench in the middle of the game.
Speaker 3: Then, but he's not a numbers guy, Matt.
Speaker 2: But then why is he looking at the scoreboard during free throws?
Speaker 3: Because he he wants he wants to see who's what what hat the diamond is going to be out here? Whatever?
Speaker 2: He wants to help out the person and that that game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Clippers are twenty eight and thirty one. They're the ninth seed in the West. That five hundred mark that Matt and I were so confident about but disagreed on the timing, it remains elusive. Baron zif Francis is going to Night to take on the Warriors, and Darius Garland is expected to make his Clipper debut. He hasn't played in a game since January fourteenth because of a toe. You want a toe, I'll get you a toe.
Speaker 2: You know. They say it's one of the most painful injuries an athlete could have.
Speaker 3: Eric Dickerson turf toe sounds simple, but it hurts UCLA Oh oh, No. Nineteen and ten overall eleven and seven in the Big Ten. The Bruins host the brass Going tomorrow, the Mayor's coming to town.
Speaker 2: He's pissed off, bad scene lost to Minnesota over the weekend Mayor's Coming. With that dominant Nebraska squad, they are teetering on the edge of perhaps not being included in the Oblivery Tournament.
Speaker 3: Hey, we take the plan at this point, and we talked about it earlier. Matt USC's basketball team has announced that guard Chad Baker Mazara is no longer with the program. They transfer from Auburn and many other places. Has appeared in twenty six game for the Trojans, averaging eighteen and a half, by far their leading score. And he's gone. Muscolo kicked him off the team.
Speaker 2: He's twenty six.
Speaker 6: Wow, there's he's pretty.
Speaker 2: It's like, you feel bad for a kid like ah, you know, just maturity. Couldn't you help him on a little bit muss maybe guide him that.
Speaker 3: A few guys twenty six years old. I'm going to play at the park. They're fired.
Speaker 2: The coach of the Kingstide, Jim Hiller is out. DJ Smith is in Robotize, not in trouble. They are coming off a rough February, a five game loser.
Speaker 3: We promoted this, this is our fault.
Speaker 2: Well, they did knock off the Flames on Saturday, so at least that snapped the streak. So we were part of snapping the streak. But yeah, rough month. Kings will expect to be in the playoffs, are determined to be in the playoffs and perhaps and the voice is what they think could do that. So Hill are out. Smith It all right, Matt.
Speaker 3: You know, I mean, I know you like the popular sports the most. Why don't you give us the NFL?
Speaker 2: Dude? Yeah, very exciting. Khalil Mack has expected said he takes.
Speaker 3: Care of the w NBA and the NFL.
Speaker 2: Here, Yes, that's what's what I'd do. Khalil said that he would discuss with his family whether or not he was going to play another year. He is thirty five and said not not going to be headed to retirement and enjoys living in South California. Wants to stay with the Chargers. So the two parties are expected to get together get something hammered out before free agency begins officially on March eleventh. A couple of trades. Titus Howard Tackle from the Texans went to the Browns and.
Speaker 3: The guy from the Fox show, the comedian Titus it was.
Speaker 2: I thought it could have been given another season. You know, let's just see if he can catch.
Speaker 3: It a chance. But with that extra glad fallen on both cleats.
Speaker 2: They acquired David Montgomery from the Detroit Lions running I like that. Yeah, that was the That was the knuckles of Sonic and Knuckles Jamier Gibbs. David Montgomery duo that helped lead Allions to the NFC Championship Game a couple of years ago. So Knuckles is headed to Houston. Marshawn Lattimore, the now well traveled Corner was released by the Commanders, famously the man that was selected by the Saints when Sean Payton said, even though he still had Drew Brees playing well in his prime, that they wanted to draft Patrick Mahomes had the Chiefs not taken them. So they settled for Lattimore, and Chiefs cut Jawan Taylor, the walking false start, and the Vikings are going to release Aaron Jones and Javon Hargrave.
Speaker 3: And Matt You also are an expert in NASCAR. Michael Jordan is saving Nascar.
Speaker 2: That's not true. You're the NASCAR person because you were invited to the clash at the Coliseum. Are your friends at Fox? No, Jake Oleman was invited. Jake Coleman invited us.
Speaker 3: The day after that it was over and we said, no one invited us, and he said, don't worry, guys, next year you're let you're in. And the next year we were not invited and it got rained down anyway.
Speaker 2: La was out at that was tasty. Yeah, do you like not really? Not really deish. Tyler Reddick, who won Daytona, also won the Circuit of America's yesterday in Austin, so he now has a win in the first three races. Of course, his team owner is Michael Jordan. Jordan now has won two three peats in the NBA.
Speaker 3: It was just getting ice off that kid.
Speaker 2: Okay, relax your weirdos. It's Michael Jordan, for God's sakes, three pete in the NASCAR. Now with the back to back to back wins here for Tyler Reddick. Wait to talk about it, guys. It's it's the fastest growing sport out.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't worry, guys, partner, don't worry, boss, I will please. Twenty twelve Don Martin even more with the Dead and the Live Guy Birthday and today.
Speaker 2: Can I get Jeff Gordon on with you.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do it. Tricia Yearwood and Jeff Gordon are coming on. We're gonna dinner. It's gonna be a tag team. Matt and I are gonna talk to Yearwood and Gordon.
Speaker 2: I got Daryl woll Trip online, two guys.
Speaker 3: Sturling Marlin is coming on in the forty five break. We'll be back with more great sports talk, Petros and Money, David Vassa live from camel Back Ranch, which is all the Dodgers you're gonna get tonight. Clippers are playing tonight, so David Vassa, the Dodgers playing the Rockies. A lot of minor leaguers in River.
Speaker 2: Ryan, damn you Ryder, damn you.
Speaker 3: No, it's me writer, Ryan Ah, son of a bitch.
Speaker 5: It's right, the.
Speaker 3: Junk throwing elderly pitch. We'll be back with.
Speaker 1: This is Petros and Money on demand Demand.
Speaker 2: Five seven LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio. Going to Clippers basketball tonight, taking on the Warriors up in San Francisco. We will go to pregame at six o'clock, tip off at seven. Our next to Dodger spring training game will not be until Saturday. You will hear that right here, A late one, a rare late first pitch five o'clock against the Rockies this coming Saturday. In Marcher calendars.
Speaker 6: A lot of Dodger news out in Arizona, and our Dodger expert when it comes to everything spring training, I don't know about the World Baseball Classic and how much expertise.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, he's been very bitter about the Classic. Matt's been very pro Classic, vastly. He has been very anti Classic, and Vass is just always looking forward to the season, you know, the real baseball season, and that everybody is actually judged on which nishtand so let's just get there.
Speaker 1: I mean, Basse li from spring training, the Home of the Dodge off Day with an inside look at the Dodgers. This is the Vass Reports with David Vasse.
Speaker 3: Matt's got every DVR in the house recorded Classic games of US is joining us now.
Speaker 2: I got Shinese type vers in Australia recording this.
Speaker 3: I like that type a team. Fass is with us. He's got Dodger talk tomorrow, but not tonight. We got Clippers, so we'll get our Dodger fixed. Here Spectrum Sports Net MLB Network, and of course right here on M five seventy, it's David Vasse. Dave, what's cracking? How are you well?
Speaker 7: It sounds like you got the wrong guy on the show today. I mean you should have tapped into the voices of Pool see Steven Nelson or Jose Mota out there in ja Yeah, yeah, I mean, Doggie, you don't have all.
Speaker 5: The coverage of those incredible pool see.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll talk about that in a moment, Dave. I could hear the sarcasm in your voice, and I can tell you, Matt Muddy Smith, I appreciate it. What is the latest on Gavin Stone in his shoulder? This seems like bad news.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean to me, I mentioned this on Friday, and I alluded to it over the weekend on the pregame show. I just thought it was a little suspicious that Gavin Stone had only made one start and his turn came up a few days ago, and nobody caught onto the fact that we haven't seen this guy throw since the second spring training game and he only threw fifteen hitches. To me, that was an obvious red flag that nobody caught onto. And it turns out that his shoulder was hurting after that first start, And from what I understand what Stone has told me is when he throws his sliders, his shoulder did not feel great. And here's what Gavin Stone told us the day or moments after he came out of his first start.
Speaker 5: Kind of holding your breast to see how you wake up tomorrow. Is that a bigger test than how you feel right now?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: The recovering part of it has been the hardest, especially going through spring training, the days that after lives Wulfins. Today felt great, but the recovery part is still a grin. So I will be sore for sure, but I think it'll be a good source.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So, honestly, I'll just say this. I know we're not supposed to be any personal feelings towards players, but Gavin Stone is one of those guys that you really root for because he left his arm on the mount for the Dodgers in his first full season in twenty twenty four. He led the Dodgers full of high priced stars in starts with twenty five starts and then had season ending shoulder surgery. And shoulders are incredibly unpredictable, way more than when you undergore an elbow surgery these days. So you just hope that this is just a speed bump setback and not a major setback.
Speaker 5: But it's not good.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope he's all right, Dave, someone who came back from at least being a little roughed up, not only just health wise, but maybe mentally. Tanner Scott made his spring training debut on Saturday. I know it was a split squad, so I don't know which game you were at, but if you were at his or what have you heard about his return? How did he look and what do you expect to see from him moving forward?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 7: Well, I was with the game at camel Back Ranch. What we had right here on a five seventy LA Sports. The other split squad was in Texas or against Texas. Kyle Tucker and Tanner Scott were over there, Tucker ducking the Cubs right away and spring training going to surprise Arizona instead. But Tanner Scott's put in some work during the during the spring, and the biggest thing is trying to miss back and no matter what happens moving forward in spring training, the biggest test is going to be how does he continue to be better and not throw pitches in the big part of the strike zone, because as recently as last week, before that first spring appearance, he was thrown to guys like Muncie and Mookie Betts and he wasn't missing bats. So that's something that he has to do consistently, I think to prove to himself that he's back and also prove to the Dodgers he's back.
Speaker 2: Dave to the we talked about Depola last week, and we've talked about him quite a bit. But I don't know if you've already had the Zaire Hope conversation. But another hit today, another run today against the Rockies, kind of I don't. I mean, these guys are so young, the team is so deep, yet it seems like if this were any other team there'd be maybe a lot more excitement around them because of maybe a sooner call up than a later call up.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, those and hos Wade to Paula just started to get a taste of double A.
Speaker 5: And that's why you know, there's.
Speaker 7: Not as much hype or anticipation, especially when you have an outfield of Kyle Tucker, Andy Paez and Teoscar Hernandez. So even me talking to Andrew Friedman a couple of weeks ago, he said, guys like James Tibbs, who homered again today, and Zach Erhart, who the Dodgers acquired from the Red Sox and the dust of May trade, those guys are starting the year a triple A and are college baseball players so they're more major League ready than those other two that still needs some seasoning, but yeah, the future is right for both of them. And I know that Andre Eathier, who was in camp last week, was working with the outfield group Young outfield group, and he implored to both thy Year Hope and hos Wade to Paula to pull each other along. And he sees them one day being in the same outfield in LA if all things go well for both of them and they're given the opportunity. But he challenged both of them to push each other and to have that communication in the minor leagues, just like him and mac kemp had that communication as they were in the same outfield for many years. So look, those two guys, if they push each other and continue to grow, once these veterans and their contracts start to expire, the Dodgers may give them more of an opportunity. But the Paula has to show that he has some interest in playing defense, and Zye your Hope. He's a guy that still needs to show that he's an everyday guy and that needs to be proven at Double A first, and then from there the Dodgers can really start to get excited is Mookie Bets Okay, Yeah, never been better. According to Mookie Betts Petros, he finally got into his first spring training game yesterday that was planned, and was back in there today against the Rockies, and he said that he definitely is shouldn't be counted out for an MVP season. He's been working, like I reported last week, with sinse YadA, which is Yamamoto's a personal trainer, throwing the javelins. He had him on his shoulders just to be able to stay more connected to the ground at shortstop and to be able to make stronger throws. There were a lot of short hops last year. You know, he was in the conversation for the Gold Glove last season. Freddie Freeman should have got a piece of that pie because Freddy Freeman saved a lot of throws from Mooki Bets last year. And he obviously wants to be better and he's trying to find different ways to do that. But Muki is resembling the Mooki as far as work ethic goes from his first spring training with the Dodgers, and I think that's attributed to the fact, and Mooki has even said this, it's his first real spring training with the Dodgers. If you go back to twenty twenty Pandemic World Baseball Classic, going to Korea and Tokyo. So I think that's part of the reason why he's confident he's in a better spot to start the year than he has been in his entire Dodger career.
Speaker 2: All right, Dave, make you comment on the most important thing happening in baseball right now. I don't know if he saw the inspiring speech from Captain America Aaron Judge to his teammates in his Team USA top with his chain, saying, we're sacrificing for the country. We're bringing home gold. Let's get in the trenches together, Let's fight for each other. Did you have a conversation with Will Smith before he got out of there, and how excited are you about Team USA putting it to everybody else?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I actually gave Will Smith some advice before he left. I said, hey, why don't you let Cal Rawley handle the catching and you just come off the bench for a and hit. Okay, That's what I told Will Smith.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn, shame is what it is.
Speaker 3: Well, you're not inspired by the speech, Dave, that's all you have to say about the World Baseball class.
Speaker 5: Gave me chills. It gave me chills. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: Not a walkover, It's not a walkover.
Speaker 5: I was funny. What was more exhilarating?
Speaker 7: Judges speech or just photos of O Tawny coming off public transportation in Tokyo?
Speaker 2: I was very exciting.
Speaker 3: You see that happen.
Speaker 2: You see him walk into that restaurant.
Speaker 5: For some money. We'll break down. We'll be a World Baseball Classic.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna go to the Mexico Dodger game?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: But Tyler Glass now is starting that game. I mean there's no Austin Barnes, there's no a Drin Gonzalez. Team Mexico is a shell of itself.
Speaker 2: They got they got Randy a Rosa Rainer on that team.
Speaker 5: You can't carry a country.
Speaker 3: Great Mexican. All right, we'll be back. Thank you, Dave. Thanks, We'll talk tomorrow the Great David Vassy and we'll be back with more petros and money on m five seventy LA Sports, your home of the Dodgers, Dodger Baseball Back on Saturday, Dodger Talk back tomorrow, Clippers Tonight Dead and a live guy Birthday of the Day coming up.
Speaker 1: NIGS, Southern California's most listened to sports talk show.
Speaker 3: This is on demand, cracking everybody and welcome back. It is Petros and money, but mercifully coming to an end because the Clippers have decided to play basketball again. Yeah, Clippers Warriors tip off at seven right here, Big five seventy LA Sports tonight. Who knows it could be Warriors big, but the Warriors aren't that big.
Speaker 7: True.
Speaker 3: Draymond Green yells at him all the time with his beard.
Speaker 2: He's very angry. His teeth is very angry. Steph is respondent over his great anchor.
Speaker 3: Darius Garland is playing tonight E Call Your Mom the House podcast, the show on the iHeartRadio app. There will be a spring training respite, there will be Dodger talk. But the next spring training game here on five seventies, not till Saturday, Dodgers versus Rockies, first pitch at five five. That might be a talking stick that's our place, Oh yeah, I think or Salt River Fields. Damn it.
Speaker 2: I don't talking stick of fine establishment though in Arizona they say that's.
Speaker 3: What they say, Matt, but they don't have the Native American flima of hokum.
Speaker 2: I think it's oh, come on, that's what I heard.
Speaker 3: Nobody heard. Nobody remembers that joke. I don't like what you said. It's oh Cam, Well, it is time for the Ted Guy. Birthday of the Day.
Speaker 2: Happy. He would have been one hundred and twenty fourth to a great American physicist, Edward Condon. Guy smack in the middle of every big moment of twentieth century physics. And everybody knows the twentieth century was the century of physics.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, come on, it's not even close. Hey, he was f you Isaac Newton.
Speaker 2: That's right. He was born in New Mexico. He was raised in Oakland, and he started in journalism working for the Oakland Inquirer after he graduated high school. But he decided, you know what, it's not for me, man, I'm self teaching myself all this science stuff. I'm puzzling over Adams and radiation and these new rules of quantum mechanics.
Speaker 3: I wish I could self teach myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you and me both. I try, but I fail. Terrible teacher. He applied and was accepted to cal studied physics at Berkeley, got his PhD in twenty six nineteen twenty six, top of his class, so he caught on with some of the biggest names in science Central Figure and developing quantum mechanics, important contributions to understanding how Adams emit and absorbed light. With his partner James Frank, they developed the Frank Condon principle, explaining certain lets.
Speaker 3: On James Franco's older brother, right, James.
Speaker 2: Frank great uncle. Actually yes, the film's INCREADIY.
Speaker 3: I watched this show with James Franco and I was like, Wow, this is a good show. I can't believe Franco's back. I was like, check the date. Oh my god, it's your twenty fifteen.
Speaker 2: He ain't back, my friend. Still today chemistry and physics students learn of the franc Condent principle Greatest generation. So his main job was defeating the Nazis World War Two. He worked on radar Central Figure and its development, deployment, and domination over the Nazis. Later tabbed to join and became involved in the Manhattan Project, which, of course massive US effort to build the atomic bomb helped create ultimately see that weapon deployed, which, of course, like many of the scientists involved had its effects. Condon would speak openly about the.
Speaker 3: Social Nagasaki Hiroshima look great. Now look it out, they look great, and again they rebuilt them. We're talking about months and months of fire rates. Who knows what the casualties could have been exactly, Matt, that's your long standing platform every time.
Speaker 2: And I supported Eddie though bore the well the guilt, I suppose you could call it, and was outspoken about scientific knowledge being shared, secrecy doing more harm than good. He became the national director of the Bureau of Standards, and of course late forties, what do we get red scare scientists and the crosshairs of ignorant government officials. So Condon gets caught up in the middle of it and came under investigation by the House of Unamerica Activities Committee. Zero evidence, of course, that he had Communist sympathies. His fellow scientists defended him, argued his loyalty and integrity were beyond question. The episode, however, would sow political fear clashing with scientific freedom put a stain on his name. Despite walking out of there with nothing attached. He left his position and in the nineteen sixties, what did he do pee. He's like, I'm gonna go to Colorado. I'm gonna check it on these UFOs. So for our coast to coast itch, he scratched it. He poured over the accounts, the sidings, he reviewed the evidence. He spent a half decade investigating, and then just said, yeah, this is all BS. People got pissed. They wanted UFOs and he wouldn't give it to him. Unfortunately, he hopped between universities, government work, research institutions. Brilliant, outspoken, stubborn legacy stood tall in the face of as ninery when scientific integrity was at stake, and helped the Allies win w W two. The Condon Crater on the Moon is named after him, Eddie Condon.
Speaker 3: I believe his eternal quote on his gravestone is I shouldn't help you guys blow up Japan.
Speaker 2: I regret that.
Speaker 3: I regret helping you guys blow up, but you know it's built back better. You gotta give him that.
Speaker 2: And again, the fire rates they were devastating.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, Matt, And then you know, we've had this conversation for years, and then I mentioned Dresden, right, Hey, you know what they had learn a lesson over there. Thank you all right, Matt, this one's for you. You're a live guy. Bertell I'll never forget Matt. There's a meeting between you and Brian Blackmore Don Martin. It was about playing more country music.
Speaker 2: Say Frog, guys, it's number one.
Speaker 3: I mean we we overreacted to one K Frog rating book. I guess that's what you would say.
Speaker 2: Country.
Speaker 3: This is a two pronged fork. We always remember that, so we play country music even.
Speaker 2: If it's bad, like Merle Haggard, Boss, No, you idiot, like no would.
Speaker 3: Black Lady and to Bellum now known as Lady A.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm talking about, guys, Kate Frog's number one.
Speaker 3: Larry Stewart. The other prong is that we used to know a guy named but we still know a guy named Larry Stewart. Times stick his head in your bluemin onion in a sauce. Larry Stewart is sixty seven years old. The country singer Larry Stewart from Paducah, Kentucky, excelled at baseball and got a scholarship to Belmont. Let's go Bruins in Nashville. But in Nashville he left school and the Bay small Diamond to pursue music. He became a demo singer, and then he became the lead singer of the country pop band Restless Heart. What oh you think it's funny?
Speaker 2: No, I'm just enjoying this music.
Speaker 3: Tell you right now. These bluest eyes in Texas Trestless Larry my Heart. It is Restless. Larry and four other dudes make up Restless Heart. Between eighty five and ninety three, Restless Heart charted eighteen top forty country singles Matt Hot Country Charts.
Speaker 2: I want some more Restless Heart, That's what I want.
Speaker 3: But Stewart left the band in ninety one to fill his adult contemporary dreams.
Speaker 2: I can see that I have vivid.
Speaker 3: Gray dreams of adultence. You ever heard of mic and the Mechanics? That's what I want to be sound side. He did have a top five hit, but it was a country hit. As a solo guy, he wrote for Faith Hill did get back together with Restless Heart for another album. That album was called Still Restless. He now works at Nashville's Breezeville Productions. He's been there about twelve years as their chief operating officer. He's also in the band called The frontman, not the highwaymen. The frontman. Highwayman, we get behind, well, I mean what you want to get behind the frontman. The frontman has the lead singer of Lone Star. It's got Larry Stewart. Oh that gets the horn from date and it gets oh that's not you, and it's got the lead singer of Little Texas. Oh right, bone, boone bone. I mean forgetting the studio, forget Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson, Chris Stofferson and Waylon Jenning. Some titles, Matt, if you'd like to.
Speaker 2: Uh, well, I think Kate's Captain Country Kates.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, but you know, I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to see duties.
Speaker 3: Ma. Mama needs someone to hold her. That's one title.
Speaker 2: What oh you know the country folks that like their mamas.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, mama needs somebody to hold her. What's wrong with that? Why is that cricket? She wants to be wanted again?
Speaker 2: A little quick on the horns there, Kates? You know, just kind of like.
Speaker 3: They ain't made enough road. And then find what I.
Speaker 2: Would have given that horn? I would have given that horn.
Speaker 3: What's that cowgirl? Seeing me? Seems like a pretty solid guy, Matt. Nice got to share your blooming onion with sure.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Larry put his finger on your blooming on you saws, Ron, we didn't know that was gonna happen. Well, we'll just sort to you another one, budd. Hey, that guy just put his finger on.
Speaker 3: It's not funny because it's totally true. Yes you did, Ron, Clipper Warriors next. Have a great night, everybody. Thanks to Kate's and Rome Fronday