Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty, and I'm saying.
Speaker 2: This to the president. You know what, have some balls? Call cash Pttel call him right now, get on the phone and say, you go arrest Pritzker, and you argue that he has violated some kind of federal law and you go handcuff him right now, you gutless wonder you say he should be arrested, and do it all right?
Speaker 1: Oh and now handle on the news.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle, and good bourdy. Every red ends footing Friday asks handle anything Friday, Bill Handler, Here Friday, great fun. Last hour of our show is my favorite hour. Oh, here we go it. Ann has a sign up there says let me see happy birthday cono. Hey, thanks Bill, you're welcome. How's that happy birthday too? We all say happy birthday to you. By the way, the happy Birthday song that is owned by a couple of sisters, and.
Speaker 3: I think it's back in the public domain.
Speaker 2: Oh is it? And they made a fortune because it you know, at every television show, every movie, Uh it was it was paid. So anyway, Oh, first of all, Amy, I know you had a great time last night at Dodger Stadium. So, and how about them Padres?
Speaker 4: Huh stop are you trying to create.
Speaker 2: Yes, it doesn't even matter.
Speaker 5: The answer is yes, tension between yes, Yes, I'm trying to be nice.
Speaker 2: So Amy, I actually caught the last part of the game. Uh, and it's three zero. It might be a sweep. It might it could be.
Speaker 6: They have they could. If they win tonight, they're headed to the World Series. If they lose tonight, then they play tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the chances are if three zero, I'm sure it's overwhelming that the Dodgers are going to take it. I have a question because you're a baseball fan, and that is why is it that during the course of the game, you have a picture on any given team who has two great innings, right, six up, six down, and they yank them, they yank them, they bring in another picture. What is that about?
Speaker 6: Well, because they don't they don't want them to get injured, or they might be showing signs that they're fatiguing.
Speaker 2: After two innings. You know, used to be now, I used to.
Speaker 6: Be pulled there, pulled in the first inning because what it was what the.
Speaker 2: Last two innings? Who was it one of one of the pictures. I don't know their names. I used to watch what I was a kid. I was a baseball fan. I was, Yeah, I was a fan. I could tell you everybody who was on the Dodgers game, on the Dodger team. But that was way that was in the fifties and sixties. But you know, the pictures used to pitch, they go nine innings. They don't don't do that much anymore. No, the only time it was one maybe save them for the next game. Yeah, yeah, but it doesn't matter. It's still you'd have rotating pictures, but they'd leave the picture in the game, unless you know the picture like Self Imploded where he gave up a bunch of runs but gave a bunch of walks. But you go nine innings a good game, you'd go.
Speaker 4: Nine innings, super rare, super rah.
Speaker 2: Well, it used to be, I mean it used to be. I think the only way they'd let a picture continue on if they're on the way to a no hitter or on the way to a perfect game, they're gonna let the picture stay there.
Speaker 4: Well they did.
Speaker 6: They had the who was It wasn't Snell? Who was the picture? I can't remember, but he pitched a full game.
Speaker 4: Oh yo Yo Mamoto.
Speaker 6: He pitched a full game and that was the first time that Dodger had pitched a full game in a playoff series since two thousand and four. I mean, so they just don't do it anymore.
Speaker 2: I remember when when the Dodgers won with Sandy Kofax, and it was like fifteen or sixteen strikeouys. That's how far back I go. But those were the pictures that you know, they they stayed and then you'd see afterwards he'd be interviewed in the locker room and his shoulder was wrapped in ice and it'd be in an ice bath for two hours. Anyway, Amy, congratulations.
Speaker 4: Thank you very excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are very excited. And by the way, I have a question, Amy, and this is reference to Will. When did Will become a traffic specialist?
Speaker 4: He's always been a traffic special.
Speaker 2: Will did you do you have an undergrad degree in traffic specialty? No, it's just before me.
Speaker 7: She called Nick traffic specialist, which I think she adopted from can let me ask you something?
Speaker 4: She didn't adopt it. I created that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in terms of the complex, sophisticated job you do. You look at a screen, correct, and you say, here's what's going on. The freeways are either red or they are green. Do I have that right? Let's trade some morning.
Speaker 7: I'll sit there and you know, talk about my dog wing on my leg, and you can come do.
Speaker 2: Traffic I would love to do.
Speaker 1: I've done that.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to fill in for the Jesus Show Marginal spiritual advice and they will not let me.
Speaker 8: Really, there is no other job you or John Cobelt could do. What you do is what you guys do, and that's it. You couldn't fill in for any of us. You couldn't fill in for any of us while we were sleeping.
Speaker 2: All right. So before Ann gets all pissed off at me, Cono, Happy birthday, Late Neo Neo, Hello, Amy, congratulations, and Ann, who's about to flip me the bird? Now? Before we get there, one other piece of news. JB. Pritzker, who is the governor of Illinois, was in Las Vegas and he plays blackjack one one point four million dollars playing blackjack. Really yeah, and boy, I'll tell you it's gonna change his life completely because he's only worth four billion dollars he's an heir to the Hyatt, the hotel chain. So the guy is not suffering. But why, I mean, that's who the hell wins one point four billion dollars. I guess someone who or one point four million. I guess someone who bets big, big numbers. Okay, that's it with the News at least that part, and now we're gonna go to the real News handle on the News on a Friday with Amy Neil and me Lee story. John Bolton, former National Security advisor, has been indicted on eighteen counts and he could theoretically do one thousand years in prison, and he is He is accusing Trump of weaponizing the Department of Justice to fight weaponization, which is really interesting because Trump he even said it. Trump said, I am going after my enemies. He's got an enemy's list, he published it, he said it, and he's going after them with a passion. Now Tom Homan, who head of ICE, it's being reported the FBI has a video of him accepting fifty thousand dollars in cash. Don't know if it's true or not, have no idea, but if it's true, what ended up happening is the Department of Justice said They've investigated it with the FBI, and there there's nothing more to investigate. If you're a friend of Trump's, you're in great shape. If you're not, you are screwed. The only thing you have to give him credit for he's totally honest about it. There's nothing under the table. Nixon had his enemies list, but he never published it. Trump says, these are my enemies, and these people I'm going after.
Speaker 3: He has their names in gold on the wall of the.
Speaker 2: On a coin, on a coin. No, but you're right, is a big wall. Placard ner he crosses a That's a good point, Okay, Moving.
Speaker 4: On National Guard being held back in the Windy City. Speaking of JB. Pritsker, a.
Speaker 6: Federal appeals court in Chicago has left intact a district judge's order that bars the president from deploying troops into Chicago, pending the outcome of an appeal. Of course, this is all tied up in the courts right now, but the three judge appellate court unanimously agreed with a district court judge who said that there was no evidence that the president needed troops to help enforce immigration law or quell any kind of organized rebellion. They said, political opposition is not rebellion.
Speaker 2: What is interesting about this is the term great deference is used legally where the judiciary gives the president virtually unlimited power to declare martial law, to declare rebellion. But the court said, there is no rebellion. There are no facts here. He is making up the fact that there is a rebellion. Now there's opposition. There have been protests that in fact have gotten fairly serious. Uh, and there was there was some criminal activity. It's gone beyond just piece of protests, but it's little, tiny places.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Open rebellion is a term where you have well, open rebellion. There is no rebellion here. You don't have thousands, you don't have hundreds of thousands trying to overthrow the government. You know, protests out there that you have a few people, you know, throwing rocks at the cops is not open rebellion. And that's and that's exactly what the court said. Effectively, the court said to the to Trump, you're making this up and we are not going to allow this to happen. Very unusual, and I'll tell you when it goes it goes up willis Supreme Court here. It probably not uh, and this is probably the end of it. They'll be the merits of the case. And Trump's gonna lose. He's gonna he has to argue that the city of Chicago is an open rebellion against the against the United States. Ain't happening.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, how about a couple of tomahawks and some sugar.
Speaker 8: Ukrainian President Voladimir Zolensky's gonna meet with US President Donald Trump two day in Washington. And basically the point of the conversation is Zelenski wants some tomahawks and these are the real deal. You're talking two hundred two thousand, five hundred colors.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, they are. And all Putin has to do is a suage Trump's ego, and that's fine, you know, that's what he does. You know, Trump has said on several times, several times, there will be all kinds of sanctions against Russia. He's back. He has backed down every single time. And we'll see. They just another conversation, didn't Yeah, we're a Putin called the president to congratulate him on the piece accord. Well, Lisa, ceasefire, and hey, you're a great guy. Hey, your good look and that hair is really nice and it's working and it's working. I mean, it's one thing about the president. He likes to be told he's great. I mean, there's no question about it. You can buy drugs on Trump RX and you can invest five hundred thousand dollars and become a get a green card on Trump programs in the names of them. You know, what do you figure? And let's not forget Trump on coins now a US Treasury love it. All you have to do is just say you're a great guy. In the meantime, it is going to change if President Trump does allow Tomahawk missiles to do that. Yeah, that could that. I don't know if it changes the war, but man, it certainly changes the war because the damage they can do they can launch, well you've seen those on those Tomahawk missiles coming off of ships, American ships, and they go up and then they sort of jiggle around, and you know, they seem like to go in different directions and then they you know, sort of get their bearing en off they go.
Speaker 4: They jiggle around.
Speaker 2: Technically, jiggle around. That's a technical term. That's that is a legal term that she was in the military. Yes, they jiggle around.
Speaker 4: A monster makes a plea.
Speaker 6: You remember when little seven month old Emmanuel Harrow disappeared from a parking lot at a Big five in u Kaipa and his mom said, oh, he was kidnapped. Somebody came up behind me and took the baby. Well, the father of the baby has now pleaded guilty to second degree murder in the.
Speaker 2: Case without a plea deal, without a deal with the government, which yeah, I mean, it's usually you get some kind of a plea deal almost always, like ninety nine percent of the time. You know, they'll cut loose with some of the terms or some of the counts, or will take the death penalty off the table if you plead guilty for a life imprisonment without parole. This one, he just pled straight guilty. Now his wife is screwed because if he testifies that his wife was part of it, it's over for her too. Her defense attorney can't argue, you made a deal, didn't you with the government, And that's always brought up and instantly it's some doubt with the jury. Is he's saying something just to help the prosecution this one. If he says she was part of it. What is she going to say? No, of course, but where's the credibility.
Speaker 4: Well, he has a history of abuse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, he said he's a bad guy. I mean, that's that's a given. No one's going to argue that.
Speaker 6: Well, but so is he just going to admit to it. Maybe she covered up for it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Well, he's already admitted to doing it. So now it's a question of him testifying against her. And I don't think he can take the fifth because it may incriminate him. There's no longer anything to incriminate, at least I think so. I mean, not a criminal lawyer. I'm not much of a lawyer anyway.
Speaker 3: Are they married? Yeah, Well I didn't know you.
Speaker 4: Could testify against a spouse.
Speaker 2: No, y's your No, you can, it's you. You can't be forced to testify. You can always opt to testify. You can just claim a privilege. Ain't talking. In this case, he's already been convicted, and they can bring him up and start questioning, and he could argue the privilege because they're married and and there is nothing to argue at this point. All right, moving on more, Yeah, let's do one more. Absolutely, okay, USC.
Speaker 8: Was given the the I don't know the possibility of a Trump administration offer that was offered to eight other schools about money and research, and the university at this point has turned it down. The interim president jongsu Kim said in a statement that he had sent a letter to the US Department of Education turning down.
Speaker 2: The draft, saying no thanks. I'm going to do more about that at seven o'clock because this is a big, big deal when it comes to education and the government leaving education alone. We'll talk about that at seven o'clock.
Speaker 4: The new ghost gun.
Speaker 6: Gun safety advocates and law enforcement officials are warning that a new generation of untraceable weapons could soon eclipse ghost guns that have already flooded US streets. They're worried that as the three D plinter printers become cheaper and more sophisticated, and blueprints for guns are easily found online, the US could be on the brink of another wave of unregulated, homemade WEA weapons that can evade serial number tracking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, Neil, Neil can print almost anything three D printing. As a matter of fact, Neil, what you do? You made a three D printer artillery piece didn't you.
Speaker 8: But look, I can show you right here as a three D printed gun. It's non fireable. It's a replica of a Star Wars gun.
Speaker 2: But you can make it. It can be a fireable gun.
Speaker 8: It's not a problem right nowadays this one couldn't.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you could.
Speaker 8: You could absolutely create with very simple tools gun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amy idea. I mean you follow up on this now because I don't know is are there any regulations for three D printed guns limiting them? And if there are, the have the advocates un advocates filed Second Amendment lawsuits already?
Speaker 4: I do not know.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't think it's legal period, and so have there been lawsuits arguing that if it's illegal, it's the Second Amendment violation? I don't know the answer to that.
Speaker 4: Well, there.
Speaker 6: There are regulations for it, and federal rules require background checks and serial numbers for kits, so you're not supposed to do unlicensed three D printing.
Speaker 2: People are like okay, My question is okay? That helps? And then are there suits already claiming that those regulations or a violation of Second Amendment? I don't know the answer, all right. Moving on, Oh, interesting story about what happened during the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is right up.
Speaker 8: Amy and Anne's ali because they like to fight about sports.
Speaker 2: I do, well, yeah you do.
Speaker 4: And likes to fight about sports.
Speaker 8: You've you've threatened Anne's life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, You've threatened to call Ice on Ann and have her recorded.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, she does it in a weird, sneaky way.
Speaker 5: She shows up with like Dodger donuts and goes here you want one? Or oh my god, I'm having to wear all my Dodger stuff because they just keep planning, you know, she's that girl.
Speaker 8: Interesting story though, that was here, So it began as banter between fans.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a contentious playoff.
Speaker 8: And you have the Brewers, uh and the Dodgers, and you had fans in the stand and one was a Latino and the other was not. And one woman threatened to call Ice on a Southern California man during a I mean that's it's probably that's screaming.
Speaker 2: I mean that's fans stuff. You say stuff, and she loses her job, and she also steps down for from make a wish uh foundation or make a Witch chapter. I you know, I think at some point people just yell and that's fan stuff. So but it gets it gets ugly, Yeah it can, but then it gets ugly anyway, the only play part where it doesn't get ugly. I went to a Packers game at lambeau Field and they made it really clear you will act respectfully. And then I was sitting next to a guy or down a few rows away where some guy is screaming at the referee yelling, you don't know what you're effing doing. They throw him out cost them, So just wanted to point that out. But I you know, I'm I'm not that offended because people say, you know, you should be killed or you know, they just say weird things. So you know, for me, no big deal.
Speaker 4: Another project delayed in LA.
Speaker 6: What USh chucker the much anticipated who says it's much anticipated? The extension of LA's Metro underground subway has been delayed to next year.
Speaker 4: The first of.
Speaker 6: Three Metro d line extensions into West LA was supposed to open later this year, which would have expanded the subway line by about four miles with three new stations along Wilshire Boulevard, and the construction is mostly complete, about ninety eight percent complete, but earlier this week Metro said.
Speaker 4: Testing is taking longer than expected.
Speaker 2: I have a question. I've never written the Metro. Have any of you written the Metro? And I'm going to guess no, because you're still alive me once.
Speaker 8: I've readen it a couple times, but it's been a long time, the Metro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, from my other job, I used to read the Metro.
Speaker 2: And will do you ever report on Metro? In which direction the Metro is going? And how take another street?
Speaker 7: Well, if something's broken down, train is broken down, I might mention it. But yeah, I've taken the Metro. It's convenient, especially if you're going downtown in your drinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's probably true. And you ever taken the Metro? No? I have not. Yeah, I know it's just weird. It's not weird. I mean it does make sense because traffic is so dense in various areas like downtown, because there's no parking either. But still, yeah, it's a great place to go. All right, What a weird story.
Speaker 8: So you've got California authorities getting coming together trying to track down the whereabouts of a nine year old girl, and it seems that this girl was homeschooled by her mom. This girl's name is Melody, Buzzard. And when you homeschool, I guess you do need to check in with a school or there is a process to make sure the kids.
Speaker 2: Are You have to report and you have to Yeah, you have to follow the syllabus the state environments.
Speaker 8: Well, they're saying that they've had a prolonged absence. No one's seen this girl in about a year. And the Sheriff's department went to the home and Melody and her mom, Ashley Buzzard, weren't there. No clear explanation was provided where Melody was. Then on Wednesday night, the deputies go back to the home. Now Ashley Buzzard was there, but Melody was not. No one else for no one knows where she is. And so they're asking anybody to reach out to the Barbara Sheriffs if they have any idea as to where this girl is or if they've seen her within the last year.
Speaker 2: But I'm assuming the authorities are spending a good line, a good long time talking to mom.
Speaker 3: You'd imagine, yeah, you would think.
Speaker 6: The La County Department of Public Health has confirmed another case of MPOC, which is a more severe strain. It's a local patient who has no known history of traveled areas where the virus is usually found, which is why it's so unusual. Two local cases believed to be the only more severe version of the infection in the country, involving people with no known history of travel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jim and I spoke about, you know, the political correctness of the name IMPOS they had to use. Now it's MPOs as opposed to having sex with monkey pox.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what's weird about that?
Speaker 8: Imagine this when you were a kid, Bill, did you get seapawks?
Speaker 2: I know I got chicken pox. That's very offensive. See, you're rightly, you're right.
Speaker 3: It just is weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you remember do you remember when gon ahea used to be not anymore?
Speaker 3: I don't remember gonorrhea.
Speaker 2: Anyway. It's one of the that's one of the big STDs. It's one of the fun that was before a that was never had an STD. Unlike you, it's don't knock it until you've tried it. Okay, they now call it the.
Speaker 8: Applaud Yeah, Smuckers is suing Trader Joe's, so they have you know, Smuckers has the uh, the Encrustables or whatever they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're horrible.
Speaker 3: I love them.
Speaker 4: They're awesome.
Speaker 8: I don't know what you're talking about. The grape ones forget about it anyways.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: The JM.
Speaker 8: Smucker Company issuing Trader Joe's because they have a new freeze frozen peanut butter and jelly sandwich that's super similar to Smuckers and Crustables in the design, the packaging, the way the little crimp, you know, crimped edges and things like that. So you know, he said, hey, if they said, if you're going to sell something, we get it, you do.
Speaker 2: That's a simple fix. That's a simple. Yeah. They just changed the shape a bit and they'll be fine. Maybe a corner of a crust some constables, yes, just call it a little crustables. Yeah, I mean that's the easy where they want oh yeah, and they're arguing that everything should be returned and we want a pile of money and yeah, yeah, that's ridiculous. As always.
Speaker 6: Bank of America and the Bank of New York Mellon are both being sued by Jeffrey Epstein accusers. Two class action lawsuits have been filed in federal court on behalf of a Jane Doe and another woman who have accused Jeffrey Epstein of abuse.
Speaker 4: They say that.
Speaker 6: Epstein's trafficking operation wouldn't have existed without the banks that provided special treatment to Epstein and his co conspiracy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a question about this. I don't get it. I really don't. Maybe they provide a special treatment because he spent so much money with them and had such huge accounts, and you get special treatments. Are they actually arguing is the bank should have known that that money was going to be used in furtherance of his sexual escapades. I don't know the answer, but I'm trying to figure out how. And the story says JP Morgan and Deutsche Bank have already admitted wrongdoing, which okay, and JP Morgan agreed to pay two hundred ninety million dollars. Deutsche Bank agreed to pay seventy five million. I don't understand this story. I don't well how they are connected other than they held accounts. And the argument maybe is they knew where the money was going and knew he was a child molester and therefore furthered his furthered his actions. I don't get it. And let's finish up Neil.
Speaker 8: Founding guitars for Kiss Dead at seventy four and it sounds like he had had a fall and then some health issues. He had canceled the twenty twenty five tour dates and at.
Speaker 3: Seventy four, he has passed in New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That's you know, when you start reaching that age group and all of a sudden people start popping off. Yeah, it's a little troublesome in terms of how you view life. Wow. So the statement from his family went on to say the magnitude of his passing is of epic proportions and beyond comprehension. I don't know, I comprehend it. The guy died. Wow, it's not like it doesn't happen. And epic proportions. Okay, sure, why not?
Speaker 3: You don't think when you pass that it's going to be the end of an error.
Speaker 2: I no, that's funny. That is very funny. Okay, we are kind I wish I thought of that, all right, KF I am six forty. You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.