Speaker 1: And an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talk. A man that has the eye of the Tiger, a man that has risen to the top but is still hungry, and that is the one and only World Series Hero Miguel Rojas and Philadelphia. Miggy, thanks a lot for the time. I always appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you very much. It's always nice to come here to Philadelphia. I like playing here. I play here a lot of games when I was with with the Modelings, and obviously the last couple of years it's being meaningful, many ful games in the stadium. So it's nice to come back here. We had a really good time last October when we want to two games right here before before we clinch our seat to.
Speaker 3: Go to the Championship series.
Speaker 2: So looking forward for this series, for sure, you can appreciate this.
Speaker 1: Everybody only talks about the World Series, and rightfully so, but that Philly series and the NLDS. You guys are starting the playoffs on the road and the Wheel Place seems to be the moment that kind of stands out along with tay Oscars home run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean a lot of things in that series happened for us to uh to be in a good shape going into the championship series. But definitely we knew when you know, when we got when we got the chance to play in the playoff again, that we were gonna face that team again at some point because we knew, as we knew in twenty twenty four that the Passers was going to be a really good team and a tough one to be the Phillies were gonna be that team. In twenty twenty five, we play against them in the in the during the regular season.
Speaker 3: It was tough, you know, it was really hard to play here in.
Speaker 2: Philadelphia, and they got a bigger, better seat than us, So we knew we was gonna have to come here and at least winning two games then to go back home. So it was pretty special because it lacked. It made us locked in on on what we needed to accomplish at this time. And uh show hill Toney starting that game one and going six setings and throwing one.
Speaker 3: Of the best balls that he threw the whole year.
Speaker 2: Then obviously the being clutched as he used to in the playoff.
Speaker 3: It was really cool. But that play that.
Speaker 2: You just mentioned changed the dynamics of the series, and it was really cool to see that a team that is always knowing for the offense and the big arms and the boop and all that were able to do that kind of play in that moment. It was pretty cool to watch. I wasn't playing that game, but then I saw I saw it happen, and I saw how Mookie took the moment and kind of like, let monsign know and and Bessie I did an amazing job delivering the ball to home play and it was a great play.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm glad you said that you weren't playing. But Miguel Rojas was a big part of that because after the game, Mookie bet said he heard your Venezuelan voice in his head to get everybody organized to pull off that play. I know you have a future ahead of you in the dugout. I mean, I guess that's step one right where players on the field are remembering what they learned from you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, that's one of the things that I'm not looking for any confirmation for from from other players, but it's always nice to to hear that from Mookie and from the guys that are kind of like they they remind like a couple things that happening here. Early in the year, we run this play in a regular season game against the Angels and it worked out. So, I mean, we already have it on our playbook even though we don't practice.
Speaker 3: That since spring training, you know.
Speaker 2: And that was really cool to see Mookie that he's on his second year playing shortstop every single day in a playoff game. That means a lad and kind of like have impact over like the full season and for a for an aspiration of winning the World Series.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He was able to slow the game down and kind of like tell the tell the guys around the infield, this is what we want to do. And that what That's what makes me really proud that h the things that you trying to kind of like teach and kind of like the experience that you have in the position to having on your teammates when they're out there by themselves, and they were able to pull it off, and it was amazing to.
Speaker 1: Watch two times World Series champion Miguel Rojas. Is our guest all right, the here and now in Philly is Christopher Sanchez, and you've been one of the best hitters on the Dodgers against left handed pitching. What is the game plan against Sanchez? Is it similar to yesterday with Cam Schlitzler, where you want to get the pitch count up and get them out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's that's obviously what you want to do, regardless of who's in the mound. You know, you want to get into the open as soon as possible. Uh, you want to grind out of bats. But I mean that's going to present himself when when the game starts. You know, like you never know what kind of bats you're going to have right now. I mean, you can have all these preparations in the plan, but if he's attacking the strike zone, you're gonna have to swing the batting and gets on hits. You know, we have a pretty good plan ready for him. We face him a couple of times last year. This is gonna be the first and only time that we're gonna face him during the regular season. But this is gonna be a good test for the group and for everybody. I think we've been We've been facing a lot of good pitching lately, even before the break with the Diamondbacks. They threw the boat really well, and then we face a really tough Toup stuff in the against the Yankees fresh coming out of the break, and then this is gonna be a good challenge for us. I feel like Christopher has been great the last two or three years, and uh, we know we're gonna face him in the playoffs if they ended up making and we're making it.
Speaker 3: So this is gonna be a challenge.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, were trying to gather information for the future.
Speaker 1: Nickie, thanks a lot for the time. Always love talking baseball with you, and I love seeing you in the dugout just taking it all in. It looked like you were visualizing being in the moment, taking like you said at the beginning of the year, just taking all this in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean is there's some places that kind of like bring you some memories and and some some really good good things that happened in your career, and I think this place is one of them for me. A lot of good plays, a lot of good hits, a lot of moments in this place that I remember. So that's why I wanted to come out here early and kind of like take a look, because, uh, this might be my last time sitting in this uh in this dog out in this stadium, So I really like to appreciate moments, and moments like this kind of gave me the piece of knowing that I did everything that I could to uh to play this game for long, but now I'm just focusing on continue to help the team.
Speaker 1: Thank you for allowing me to interrupt that I'll back out so you can enjoy this. So thank you for the time.
Speaker 3: Not probably any time. Thank you