Speaker 1: FAsMA phobia, fear of ghosts, oh or supernatural. And by the way, it's not like you only have it at Halloween time right where probably just well now it's very amped up. It is very very amped up.
Speaker 2: And so they say that it is people who have hold on I pulled this out here Halloween or I can never say ita dia daia whatever.
Speaker 3: Mortos Yeah, say again the day of the day las mortos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I can't. It doesn't sound right when I say it. It sounds very like I'm faking it. Well you are, well, yeah, I don't speak Spanish. Da delos moyertoes.
Speaker 4: That it was so good until you cut to the last word.
Speaker 1: It's a bigger word. That's the problem. It's a bigger word. Were toes were toes anyway? Anyway. Obviously that ramps it up because it's present everywhere. But they said it's a persistent fear cued by the anticipation or presence of objects symbolic of ghosts or supernatural phenomena. Now, I can't think of what would be like a supernatural phenomena. Would it just be like you think that there's a ghost in the.
Speaker 3: House summoning somebody on a Ouiji board.
Speaker 2: Seans seans, what about just fortune telling?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, maybe, yeah, maybe. I guess that kind of tiptoes into that world.
Speaker 5: So are these people hear about this time yesterday caller saying Halloween's too scary, and they say.
Speaker 4: It's gotten No, it's year round for me.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh yeah no, And they do say that for people.
Speaker 1: Who are FAsMA FAsMA phobic, that it is. It's worse now, but they deal with it all year. They deal with it. I don't know how many times you're seeing ghosts all year, but I think that's where it kind of ventures into the supernatural.
Speaker 5: Is you're telling me you don't have to see ghosts. It's just a thought, yes, correct, correct.
Speaker 4: Well that it's not a good phobia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but how many times you have thoughts and ghosts?
Speaker 3: Not much?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: You you you may, You just don't realize it because you're not terrified of those thoughts.
Speaker 2: Kristen, Will you do me a favor?
Speaker 1: Will you see if you can find me somebody who's fat I can't say the word fasmophobic. Please, somebody who has a fear of ghosts, spirits, apparitions, fear of the supernatural.
Speaker 3: So remember in your old house you had Arthur.
Speaker 1: Yes, that would yeah, no, that would send somebody to the Looney But you can't.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry the looney.
Speaker 5: Oh I thought you said Finn, which reminded me of Kristen's favorite shop.
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Uh no, But yes, if you thought.
Speaker 3: Your house Papa was going to say, ben.
Speaker 1: No, if you thought your house was haunted and you were fasmophobic, yeah, yeah, it would send you.
Speaker 2: It would send you to the funny House.
Speaker 4: You couldn't live there.
Speaker 2: No, that's what I need. You'd have to leave. You couldn't be there.
Speaker 5: Your story's freaked out people who didn't have this phobia.
Speaker 2: You know. And I still I've never gone back to ask the people who live.
Speaker 3: There now they ever had any weird yea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well obviously I knew the people that we sold it to. Ye after he got fired, he sold the house. But I don't know if any of the new people in there now have it weird.
Speaker 3: If Arthur traveled with you to your new.
Speaker 2: Home, yeah, that would have been horrible.
Speaker 5: Isn't that the one thing you're promised about ghosts that they never leave, they never travels, right?
Speaker 1: But yeah, Christensen, you can find me somebody whom they themselves are are fearful of ghosts or the supernatural, or somebody in their family, spouse, whatever, eight six six to Elliott eight six two three five five four six eight Great.
Speaker 4: The idea that ghosts don't travel is a misconception.
Speaker 2: Oh, so they do travel.
Speaker 5: I guess some ghosts may have unfinished business or be attached to a location, but it's certainly not a catch all for all bodies.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you this. Arthur did not travel. Arthur did not go from Falls Church to Arlington.
Speaker 3: Did you under that though?
Speaker 2: No, because I was just under the assumption. It stays.
Speaker 3: What if Arthur showed up in a box? Hello, here I am with the kitchen stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it never. Never, never. I was never fearful of that. And nothing has happened.
Speaker 1: I mean, we've lived in Arlington House forever, so nothing has happened that made me think, Oh, I guess who hitched a ride?
Speaker 2: Am I going to line one? Hi Elliot in the morning, Hi, good morning earlier, Hi, Happy Halloween.
Speaker 7: Happy Halloween. As somebody who suffers from I also struggle saying it fantasma phobia. Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love scary movies. Things of that sort. But the difference is I can't watch scary movies that are like like I don't I haven't seen The Conjuring. I haven't seen you know, paranormal activity things like I prefer the people killing people.
Speaker 1: Right, so you can take yeah, you could take like a slasher flick, but not a supernatural flick one hundred.
Speaker 7: Like if I don't even wear Oigi board things, my heart's racing right now just thinking about it. If you pull out a wigi board, I will start screaming, like it's not funny at all.
Speaker 2: Question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you said you won't wear a wigi board thing, I don't what does that mean?
Speaker 7: Like you know, you can have like a necklace or like earrings or things like that, Like if it has to do with the Oiji board, I don't want anything to do with that. I've also never seen that movie Wichi. It is I like, like Tyler was saying, I do think about it a lot, do you realize? And I do? I do? And it's I hate to say that. It also comes with like the thought of like the rapture and the thought of like you know, biblic biblically accurate angels and all that type of stuff like that you.
Speaker 2: Are you are deep in the hole, you are a fortune teller.
Speaker 7: I don't watch medium shows like yeah terrified.
Speaker 2: Wait, So like I understand, I obviously I know.
Speaker 1: What a ouiji board is, but like, will you avoid things like the Italian maloic and stuff like what is the eye is the Greek?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So is the eye is the eye? That's is that Greek? So will you avoid all things like that as well?
Speaker 7: I mean, I guess I'm not even sure what any of that is.
Speaker 1: It would be elliot, where are you on? Like like friendly ghosts like Casper?
Speaker 7: There's no such thing. I believe that energy cannot be created nor destroyed. I understand that, so you know, the body may be gone, decomposed, whatever, We're still creative of matter and energy. So like the fact that I know that does not give me any comfort, It actually makes its.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 1: I hope this comes out right because I'm not trying to offend, but I'm hearing I'm hearing an accent.
Speaker 2: Where are you from? What's your background?
Speaker 7: Every where? I grew up right outside of Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not I'm not Cherry Hill, New Jersey that I'm hearing.
Speaker 7: Well, I moved up to New York for a little bit and I live in I mean.
Speaker 1: Everywhere you know, is your family like like like Hispanic South American. No, no, no, no, no, that's perfect, that's perfect.
Speaker 2: No, because isn't.
Speaker 1: There like it's some some is heritages the real word cultures, that's a better word there where the fear of the supernatural and stuff is a little bit is is a little bit higher and more elevated. And in a lot of Hispanic cultures that is the case.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would say so because as Puerto Ricans, like I grew up in a Spanish Pentecostal church. We went like six days a week.
Speaker 2: We were very.
Speaker 7: Involved, and we don't celebrate viel so like it's not something that like was ever seen in a positive light for me, right and now anything that has to do with anything supernatural, just the fact that I do believe it is so possible. Yeah, it terrifies me.
Speaker 1: Like for example, Mike, my nephew who lived my sister's son, who lives in New York. His girlfriend, like very serious girlfriend, she's Puerto Rican and like her whole family is like like they don't, they don't play.
Speaker 4: Now they don't he's white?
Speaker 3: Or are you talking about the supernatural?
Speaker 2: Supernatural?
Speaker 4: Do they think he's a ghost and he is pale?
Speaker 8: He is?
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I didn't even celebrate Halloween growing up. We weren't allowed to celebrate or like even acknowledge the existence of Halloween. So of course now obviously it's my favorite holiday.
Speaker 1: How how can you love Halloween but be so be so scared of like the supernatural and ghosts.
Speaker 7: Because I get to dress up and be super cute and go get free candy and now I have kids and then go get candy. Like yeah, it's a ten out of ten holidays for sure. And like I said, I love flashes. The bloodier, the more gory, the better. Like I love things that are scary, but don't ever try to summon nothing in front of me. I will call the police.
Speaker 4: Right, how are the gypsies?
Speaker 2: You know what I almost want to do with you?
Speaker 3: She's not gonna do it. The I almost ever And Tyler and I were on the Ouiji board.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and you guys moved it around, not the No, you know what I almost want to do with you?
Speaker 2: What was your name again? What was your name again?
Speaker 7: I'm Stephanie.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Stephanie.
Speaker 1: I almost want to have you come to the studio and break out a Wuiji board in front of you, just to say.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the cops.
Speaker 2: No, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's almost like remember remember the person who was afraid of clowns and they took him to see mister Giggles, Yeah, and that person flipped out.
Speaker 2: I almost want to do that.
Speaker 9: Here we go, rady and honest, Hi, everybody on miss How is everybody today? I'm just gonna sit down right here and I think we're all.
Speaker 5: I'll start.
Speaker 1: I almost Stephanie, Stephanie, mm hmmm, would you would you come listen?
Speaker 2: I'll have I'll have Diane put a.
Speaker 1: Sheet over her like she's a ghost, and we'll break out a weed gie board and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna be honest. When you said that, I immediately felt like I was gonna throw up. There's no doubt, Like my heart is inside of my throat.
Speaker 2: Let's try it. Let's try it.
Speaker 1: What's the worst that happens, Well, you throw up, or you pass out.
Speaker 7: Or we actually summon something that follows you forever.
Speaker 5: Stopsman I was gonna say, did that get brought up minutes ago?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: But I will say, I will say, I will say.
Speaker 1: It says the phobia pasmaphobia, as with other types, are among the most treatable mental health conditions, and they could be solved in a relatively short amount of time. I'm telling you all you need is to put your hands on the Luigi Heart with Tyler Diane Kant. She's dressed as a ghost, and I think that that would cure you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, hairline, Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Think it over. Hold on, what let me send you a shirt. Let me send you a shirt. I need advertising at the loony bin.
Speaker 4: Suret sure, sure.
Speaker 3: All right e I TM sheets, all right, hold.
Speaker 2: On, have a great Halloween boom.
Speaker 4: All right, one second, I just get under one of our.
Speaker 10: Flags, wouldn't we would say chip the muskers are chipping to the cradle.
Speaker 2: That means, get the hell out of here.
Speaker 1: Oh I want Stephanie in here in the worst way, in the worst way.
Speaker 5: Now I'm reading more about the phobia, and it says that the fear of being alone, which is autophobia, not to be confused with auto plano planophobia, the one from yesterday, which is fear of the car wash.
Speaker 2: Oh right, right, or auto autoerotic.
Speaker 5: Yes, autophobia may actually play into developing fasmophobia.
Speaker 2: I would buy that, yeah, because I mean, think about it.
Speaker 1: If you are, if you're if you're at home alone or you're by yourself, like you're you're not like you were never you were you were never afraid of anything when you were having Go back to when you were a kid, if you were having a sleepover and there were like seven, eight nine of you, you were fine, you know what I mean, Like there was there was safety in numbers, there was comfort in numbers. But you're alone by yourself in the house as a kid for the first time, you start getting scared. So I get that where it would where one could kind of fold into the other.
Speaker 5: But it seems like with a caller Stephanie, Yes, she's got it fixed. That a lot of it is the idea of the supernatural, and she mentioned summoning and the beast and the number of the beasts, that kind of thing. Apparently just the idea that you maybe surveiled, that something maybe watching you, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like a ghost or like rockwell great song that is, Yeah, that would flip you out.
Speaker 5: The ghost connection sure, so it's not It's not really like the underworld.
Speaker 1: Or oh see, I was thinking of it as like like all of a sudden, you heard something in the house, or you heard something that went bump. The other thing I would love to do is like, at about three o'clock tomorrow morning, show up at Stephanie's house and start stomping on the roof.
Speaker 4: She said, she doesn't mess with.
Speaker 2: I want. I want to watch her like hyperventilate and a vomit.
Speaker 11: Rady and Honestie, Hi, everybody on where am I going?
Speaker 2: Line five?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 2: Elliot in the morning.
Speaker 6: Hi Ellie is my class?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 6: This is the one from Fredericksburg. My house has a little friendly ghost. Lady. She don't know what she's talking about when it comes to ghosts.
Speaker 1: Now, why do you think you have a friendly ghost? Are you being serious?
Speaker 2: Or you set me up for a bit?
Speaker 6: No, I'm going to being serious. See things get moved around the house. We've actually had money that was sitting on a stand change. It was the same amount of money, but it changed. It went from hundreds to twenties and tens and.
Speaker 2: What dude, Yeah, dude, dude, that's awesome.
Speaker 5: Diane do that to her mom, didn't you. I hate to say that, true, I don't want her. I don't want her to hot meat. You did you steal money from your mom?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because when she would she used to keep it in this stein in the in the china cabinet because she would hide when she would win big at bingo. She would hide how much money she had right from my dad. Right, so I could always go in there. And that was like like her thing, like she was like, look, trying to be like a mafia don When I'd be going back to college, she'd be like, oh, come here, Camarre, I got you, and she'd pull out this wad of cash like a drug dealer.
Speaker 2: Right, but you would take twenties and put ones in there, just so the wad wouldn't get thin.
Speaker 3: I didn't do that.
Speaker 1: That's the Jewish man's bank roll. Hey, so you have so so the money has changed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there was two hundred dollars sitting on a stand for like a week. I forgot about it. My wife's went over there and said, hey, is that money still there? And I said yeah, and she went over and she goes, I put two one hundred dollars bills over there, and it was all twenties and tens and there was nobody in our house. We just me and my wife, nobody. There was nobody in the house. Neither one of us did that. So I don't love story.
Speaker 2: I love stories like that.
Speaker 6: We've had a mayonnaise jar come out of a shelf and there's no way and I I I debunked that thing that it just fell out of the cupboard.
Speaker 2: Mayonnaise doesn't just fall out of the cupboard.
Speaker 4: You've told Jackie.
Speaker 2: All Right, dude, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 2: Let me grab line three, Hi elliot in the morning.
Speaker 12: Nine.
Speaker 2: Yes, what can I do for you?
Speaker 12: My mom definitely has this. She's afraid of Luigi board. She works at the Naval Academy and some of those buildings are from like the eighteen hundred, sure, and she was like giving an event one time in the basement. No one was around. She went to the bathroom and like a little girl entered, and she was so freaked out.
Speaker 8: And the little girl was like, hi, my name's like whatever.
Speaker 12: She was paranoid, thought it was a ghost walked out of the bathroom. There's like a guy standing there.
Speaker 8: She thinks he's a.
Speaker 12: Ghost too, and he's just like, oh, how's my daughter doing?
Speaker 8: He didn't want to go into the bathroom with his daughter and there was an event going on upstairs, and he just like they were both ghosts.
Speaker 1: Hey does your mom, I mean, obviously Halloween ramps everything up.
Speaker 2: Does she like Halloween or does she hate Halloween?
Speaker 12: He's fine with like she gets really like cutey, kind of like tack.
Speaker 7: He's the core for.
Speaker 12: Outside, but like she will not do anything with spears.
Speaker 2: I gotcha, I gotcha. All right, very good, very good. I appreciate it. Thank you, ma'am, thank you. Line five, Hi, Yelliah the morning. Hi, yeah, hi, who's yes?
Speaker 8: Hey, good morning. My name is Aaron. How are you doing. I'm out a woodbridge.
Speaker 2: Oh very good? Are you fasmophoric? Fasmophoric phobic? Phobic?
Speaker 8: Not fasten phobic.
Speaker 7: I'm actually a ghost hunter.
Speaker 2: Oh, like you go looking for ghosts?
Speaker 4: What he think she does?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: But are you like are you like the like like like legit or none of them? Are? Where you go? Absolutely leg like?
Speaker 1: Where you go like with that that little meter and you go to the house and you you try to get a reading.
Speaker 2: Like in poultry.
Speaker 4: Guys, yes, So I've.
Speaker 8: Got a K two meter, I have a thermal scope, I have voice recorders and other equipment. I think one of my favorite is eat catball like little led ball. Right, it doesn't light up, let's onding touch with it. And I've gotten a lot of really interesting rereads with those two.
Speaker 7: I recently went out and.
Speaker 8: Investigated a house out in Linden, which out I guess your Yeah, that house.
Speaker 2: Was active, Like what'd you find?
Speaker 8: Well, she was talking about having knocking on her crawl space door and a bunch of other random things happening raccoon.
Speaker 10: I did find.
Speaker 8: Some really odd misplaced thermal markings because on a thermal scuff you're not gonna see like discolorations unless there's like a taint and temperature. I found them really misplaced hot spots. This didn't really have a lot of explanation.
Speaker 2: And then we can I ask you some real quick? Can I ask you some real quick and listen?
Speaker 1: I believe you, right, I believe I love that your goes chaser hunter hunter and that and that like you're you're into your craft. But do like at a party, do people go like, oh, we made fun of Stephanie, Like what's here?
Speaker 8: Some people don't take it seriously to think I'm absolutely nuts. But it's like, hey, you know what comes with the territory.
Speaker 2: Is that your full time job?
Speaker 8: No? I can't really say what I do, but yeah, gosunny this kind of thing I do on the side.
Speaker 7: It's more for fun.
Speaker 2: Why can't you say? Why can't you say what you do?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: Like, do you work for an agency?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Not like an advertising agency?
Speaker 2: No like c I a ABI.
Speaker 8: You know, I'll just keep back to myself.
Speaker 5: But all right, so do you have a busy weekend or is this amateur hour Halloween?
Speaker 8: Well, it's going to be a busy weekend. But then I broke my risks.
Speaker 2: Hey did you see bone? Did you see bone?
Speaker 8: What did you know? We know?
Speaker 1: All right, well you know what you'll be back to. You'll be back to busting soon. So I have a great I have a great Halloween.
Speaker 2: Thank you? All right? Very good? Thank you you too, Happy Halloween.
Speaker 3: Thanks, feel good, very good.