Speaker 1: Mojoe in the morning.
Speaker 2: I went to go grab lunch and I wanted to talk about this the other day and I didn't get a chance, but I'm going to bring it up now. I went to go grab lunch after the show one day this week, and when I was in the restaurant that I was eating at, I was and I'd go to this place fairly frequently, and I won't say exactly what it is because I don't want to give this woman's business away. I overheard the very very nice person that was serving working on my table. I overheard her say, as a guy was about to walk in, I do not want him in my section. Do not put him in my section. I will not serve him today. And I was like, oh, I got to hear this story. I guess this is one of those ones where I intended I was actually going to go in there and listen to a podcast while I was eating. Ye I had to kill like an hour or so before I went to a doctor's appointment and I'm like, hey, real quick, can I ask you a question? And she goes, yeah. I go, what the guy do that?
Speaker 1: You don't want him in your your section?
Speaker 2: Because you know it's interesting when you say that like to other people around there. This guy obviously must have a reputation. And I guess this guy is a fairly regular. And she said to me, she goes, I will not serve him anymore. The last time he was here, he was verbally abusive to one of the other girls. I had to go over there and say something to him, and he comes back. I'm thinking to myself, guy's verbally abusive, and he's going.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: And also the other thing too, is a verbally abusive man. You're not smart. They're spitting there in your food, verbally abusive bastard, Like, what do you mean?
Speaker 4: And if it's so bad, why are you coming back?
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Did you really not have that good of a meal that you decided that you're gonna come back? Or he's just a grumpy a hole, you know. So I laughed because I thought to myself, I'm like, God, I wonder if there's any people at the places I go to that are like I don't want them in my section anymore. I go to restaurants sometimes, and frequently we go to similar places. I get so pissed when we end up getting a a person that serves our table.
Speaker 1: That's a horrible server.
Speaker 2: And Chelsea laughs at me so much because I am not the person that will speak up and say something, but I will just become grumpy during the entire meal. Like, there's a place that Chelse and I go to on a fairly frequent basis, and there's like two or three of the people that work there that we are like really close friends with, Like we have become good friends with them to the point.
Speaker 1: That we text with them out of workplace and can get good friends.
Speaker 2: And if we get one of the people, there's two specifically that will be working on our table, I know I'm gonna have the worst meal ever or the worst time ever.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, ah, you know what I mean. Like you ever do you ever.
Speaker 2: Get put into a drawing for something at work or whatever and they're picking names out of the hat and it's like somebody wins something nice and then you get the crappy prizing.
Speaker 1: I want to trade with other tables. Here's the thing I want to ask.
Speaker 2: I want to ask anybody that is in the service industry, could be anything. I want to know know what did you refuse or why did you refuse to serve somebody or why would did you refuse to give them service or give you know, let them be part of whatever you were doing. We've got some people here that call up our station, and Lydia has on your call your call screen, because.
Speaker 4: You have a profile, even if you've only called one time, you have a profile.
Speaker 2: I see names up here all the time. Yes, do not pick up ron you know, do not you know, do not pick up Dana, Jennifer, not nice Jennifers, and like Mojo picked up Robbie the other day, and Robbie's a permanent do not pick up.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's always behind them.
Speaker 4: But sometimes there's nicknames too, of like you know, rude Ryan.
Speaker 2: Like I want to like pick him up just because I want to see exactly what Lydia is getting in the other room. Like I trust Lydia, Like there's nobody else on this world other than my wife Chelsea, that I trust more than Liddy in her judgment towards you know this show specifically, I want to know exactly why you're a do not pick up or you're not you're a do not serve.
Speaker 3: We kind of had one of those situations in our senior year of high school when you're coming in as a senior. That first day was amazing. It's the first day of the last it's our last first day. Everybody turned up, everybody excited. We got our class schedules and we walked into missus People's class and missus People was like the I was about to line and say ap English. I went inn ap English at all. She was a regular English teacher. It was myself, Kyle Lake, Mike read like all the funny ass like wild people. Miss People saw everybody in the class. She's like, I'm not teaching until we get this together. She made she moved like our schedules and like two of us had to get out of the class.
Speaker 1: She was not teaching.
Speaker 2: I wonder how many teachers don't want a kid in their class.
Speaker 4: Actually very strategic at the end of the year when they're when they're making those class assignments and placing kids with different teachers. Oh yes, there are definitely kids that I wondered and.
Speaker 1: My friends.
Speaker 2: When they call it tenure. They call it tenure because there's ten kids that they do not want in your class. They're like, get that out of my class. What's up, Shelby, Hi, good Shelby. It was such a cool experience to be able to be in this beautiful restaurant and see this guy from a distance that nobody wanted to give service to.
Speaker 1: You've done this, yes, why.
Speaker 4: He walks in and it's kind of suit your own and I was like, Hi, you can go ahead.
Speaker 1: And sit wherever you want, and right away he goes, well, you can sit on my face. Oh. I was like so absolutely not. Oh my god, one inch men.
Speaker 2: Men don't say men. That's a jazz guess. That's crazy. Like at that point my land would.
Speaker 4: Have been going to slap them, pull my hands back.
Speaker 2: That's where I actually used to love Misfit Victor. Misfit Victor would kick people out of his out of the restaurant, out of LULUs. Like if he if there is a guy that talked bad to any of his uh staff, oh, he would kick him out. And he'd get it yelled at by you know, the family and stuff like his you know, his sister in laws and brother in law. They would yell at him, and Victors like, I ain't letting them treat our people like that. It's still good. I still I ordered from there. It's not the same though, without Victor. I miss I missed my Victor. What's up?
Speaker 1: Tresh him? I'm a first time caller, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not actually in the service industry, but I am a registered nurse and we had a patient that has happened numerous times, but that none of us wanted to take because every time we would go, he would be naked and or you knock on the door and he'd say come in, and he'd conveniently be coming out of a shower and trott in front of you with everything hanging out.
Speaker 1: Is he not supposed to be naked? Like he's not. He's like just getting naked for his own pleasure. Just yeah.
Speaker 5: Or he'll be sitting in a chair when you come and he's just sitting there, sprawled out naked, and we'd throw a sheet on him and tell him to cover up.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So the guy would just be naked all the time, and you're a nurse working there and that what is it a hospital or something?
Speaker 1: I'm assuming.
Speaker 5: No, it's home care visits, just but naked.
Speaker 1: What do you look like? You numerous good hanging all? I didn't look not to remember. They used to have that song do your.
Speaker 5: And so.
Speaker 1: This one did, oh trash. Poor lady. God she's doing she's doing a lot.
Speaker 5: Of inappropriate things, even in healthcare.
Speaker 2: She's doing her best to make this man's end of his life be great. And this guy's trying to show off his junk to her spongebath.
Speaker 1: What's up, Amanda? Good morning everybody. How you doing good? We're talking.
Speaker 2: We're talking about refusing service to somebody. What kind of work do you do?
Speaker 1: So I'm a server.
Speaker 5: I'm literally getting in my car right now.
Speaker 2: To have there open the store up.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 5: So, a couple of years ago, when I first started working. Oh sorry, that's loud.
Speaker 1: When I started working at this place, there's a regular that comes in with two of his kids. He's an elderly guy. Had him for the first time.
Speaker 5: He tells me something along the lines before they go to leave, how beautiful I am that I should be a so I can show more skinned.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what do you say? Thank you?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not that that nice.
Speaker 5: So I just kind of looked at him and I said, I said something along the lines of that's a really weird thing to say.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go.
Speaker 1: You guys have a good day.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, what kind of food do you serve at this restaurant of yours.
Speaker 1: So it's a steakhouse, Like, it's a nice steakhouse.
Speaker 2: This guy's coming into your nice steakhouse and telling you that you should be a stripper.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he comes in once or twice a week.
Speaker 2: Still, I look at them.
Speaker 5: I smile at his kids, and that is it.
Speaker 1: In front of his kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the way, right, kids, guys are sick people. None of none of these are women going. You're going to the table and the women are doing anything crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, y'all have a great day.
Speaker 1: You take care of yourself. That's awful.
Speaker 2: I would not want to be in the service industry for that reason, because you got to put a smile on your face and you got to like sit there and although you know what you need to do, you need to turn into one of those restaurants where the people are mean to you.
Speaker 4: Like, ah, it's all around.
Speaker 1: What'senor Circle in Chicago? Does it?
Speaker 2: There's a couple of places where you go in and they're like, they do not play like.
Speaker 3: You can work in the food industry though, I'll be a fire greeter. Yeah, yeah, absolutely
Speaker 2: You'd be okay if some person's like sexually harassing you, though, Yeah,