Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talking. One guy that is here. All we care about is number fifty himself, Marcus Lynn Bets Mookie. Thank you for joining us. Appreciate it, of course.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me, Bro. I miss you, man, it's been a while.
Speaker 1: I know Brad Paisley invited me to do my show from his house. Can I get the same invite from you?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, let's let's come do it from the house one day while we're bowling or something. We'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be great. You've been in my neighborhood. You were at a BEVMO in Woodland Hills, you were at a Total Wine in north Ridge yesterday. I mean, I feel like we've just been missing each other. On Ventura Boulevard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had mat tequila, so I had a couple of signings, and so I got to I got to interact with some people in your in your in your area. I'm sad that you didn't get to You know what, I'll make sure I give you a bottle for me personally. Well, I'll hand you a bottle of sign of providency.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, appreciate it. Available at Total Wine and Bevmo and Costco. I love Costco and Costco.
Speaker 2: Costco. That was the first one, you know, all around the LA region, though not we're not a nationwide yet.
Speaker 1: You know. I'm sure this is giving you a great opportunity, like you said, to meet fans while you're making these appearances. Does it hit you harder meet these fans this year, how much your championship meant to them and to their families.
Speaker 2: Have you felt that, yeah, you know, I have a little more you know, and run out for us? I mean, well for me, you know, thinking about back to back or whatever was. You know, you don't really think about those type of things because they don't really happen. And then you're hear it all the time. The guys say, you know, three feet three feet and it's like, what, what are you like? It's hard enough to get one and so but you know, luckily we're here and.
Speaker 1: We have the opportunity to do it for you guys, have you had a chance to reflect on last season? What is the toughest thing about winning back to back championships?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just the grind that you got to go through. So I'm expecting it to be you know, some some top of eventful situation, just like last year, something super emotional, just like last year. So but that's what makes it fun. I think that's what made it beautiful. Everybody keeps saying, you know, that was one of the best World Series is ever, So just to be a part of it. Obviously coming out on the winning side makes it a lot better, but just to be a part or something like that is some abutiful.
Speaker 1: I've been around you know now that my son's playing Little League around kids his age, no ten year olds and my son included, so many of them emulate and try to duplicate your unassisted World Series ending double play. How cool is that to know kids of that age are trying to do the Mookie Bets shortstop. After everybody talked about the move to that position, now kids are trying to be Mookie the shortstop in the World Series.
Speaker 2: That's weird, man, It's it's really weird. You know, there was a lot of work that went into it, so kids that are trying to keep on working on it. You know, I started and I wasn't great at it, and then in the World Series with it, so it was, uh, it's really neat. You know, being in right field for so long, you know, I think love right for for ten years, and then you come back to short and then have an opportunity to make a play, and then kids want to make the play, and that's that's really cool when you think about it. I didn't think about it until right now.
Speaker 1: There's so many things that stand out to me about the World Series. I feel like you ending the World Series with an unassisted double play to me, just put an exclamation mark on the critics that didn't think you could do it. And you're the guy making the play to end the World Series from that position. Did that Does that even hit you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean, uh, you know, after I got to reflect on it, and I was happy, I was proud of myself because earlier, earlier in the year, I remember, you know, just wondering how long I was gonna be able.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 2: And Woody, I remember throwing from day one and spring training. He told me when we won the World Series, you'll be playing shortstop, and he said it so many times and he just made me kind of believe it. And then you know, just you go, you know how much how much I work, And so it was just really cool just to see a move like that and how it affected the team and really had in a positive way.
Speaker 1: Your work started. I think you told me two weeks after the twenty five World Series twenty four World Series, what's this offseason been like for you?
Speaker 2: It was a little more normal, and you know, a little more normal. I started. I did start taking ground balls and doing doing what I need to do in the infield, you know, but obviously I'll do a lot more work during spring instead of so much in the offseason, because we know this is gonna be another long season. We have an opportunity to make history, and so I got to be fresh for it.
Speaker 1: What did you know Nick Schumpert had a video camera the other day out here when you were working with him.
Speaker 2: No, honestly, it was just the video. I mean, it was just it was just the glasses. Oh yeah, I'm thinking he's just wearing sunglasses.
Speaker 1: Hot MIC's everywhere, Mookie everywhere.
Speaker 2: So but you know, that's just the passion that I have for it. And that's my little cousin. So anything anything for him, you know, I'll do whatever for him.
Speaker 1: Wow, he really showed off with those ray bands and those glasses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how he's got some swag, you know it kind of it kind of runs into family a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it. You got a lot of swag, Mookie. I think you have a room on your hand for one more ring, don't you.
Speaker 2: We do have room for one more and hopefully this is the year.
Speaker 1: Can't wait. Great to see you smile. I always say this. Mother's across America love your smile. It lights up everywhere. Thank you, thank you. Great to see you. You've always been Mookie. By the way, hasn't bother me Takasa Betts after the last two championships. Yeah, so maybe we could do it again. They want to take a picture with us. Should I butt my sunglasses on? You're I and I didn't overstay my welcome at the house, right, Okay, Yeah, we're gonna have another party there. Oh wow, they got you going this way there, he goes Mookie Bets. Hey, I forgot to ask him about playing golf with Barack Obama. We'll get to that in spring training.