Speaker 1: Will I be able to find somebody who was at the Orioles Blue Jays game yesterday?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Why not? A beautiful day to be out in a park.
Speaker 3: It's great day to be at a ballpark. Great day to be at a ballpark.
Speaker 1: I was not at a ballpark, although you know what I did watch the watch the Cardinals Cubs game last night.
Speaker 3: Nobody cares, Kristen.
Speaker 1: Will you see if you could find me somebody who was at the Orioles Blue Jays game at Camden Yard yesterday?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 1: Eight six six to Elliott eight sax six two three five five four six eight. Now, while I'm waiting for that, two things, let me give you two things. Number one, don't forget all this week during dirt. I have your four packs of passes for Elliott, the morning's baseball barbecue and beer that's with the Nationals.
Speaker 3: But I'm looking for somebody who was at the Orioles game. I know what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Number two, if you weren't listening earlier, we talked about Elliott in the morning stickers, pardon me. I know some people are sitting in notes saying I haven't gotten mine yet. I haven't gotten mine yet? Is something wrong? Is something wrong did to get lost in the mail. There's a mountain that we're getting through, and we're gonna make good headway this week. So be a little patient for me this week. I understand it's an inconvenience. I want nothing more than the stickers to get there.
Speaker 3: You want them, I want you.
Speaker 4: To have them.
Speaker 1: So let me get through this week because some people, well some people are just flat out pissed.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 3: Some people are alive.
Speaker 4: Nothing that's being done intentionally, it's just there's a lot of work.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. And number two, some people are.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, maybe something happened I should send in another don't do that either. Don't do that either. So give me, give me the end of the week. We're gonna move a mountain, I hope. So just bear with me, all right. Somebody who was at the Orioles and Blue Jays game from yesterday, Hi.
Speaker 3: Elliott in the morning. Hey, I'm sorry, what's your name, sir?
Speaker 5: Hey? Is this me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 3: Who who is this?
Speaker 2: My name is Carlos.
Speaker 1: Hey, Carlos and you were at the You were at the O's game against the Blue Jays yesterday?
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, it was my kids preschool had a group outing over there. We were out in the right field.
Speaker 3: Nice day, dude, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Good for you, Good for you. Great day to watch baseball, Great day to watch baseball.
Speaker 2: Oh man, it was amazing.
Speaker 3: Yes, hey, the question for you.
Speaker 1: Were you there during the Sanchez incident with the kid in the outfield?
Speaker 6: Yes, we were. We like kind of like caught on on the back end of it. All of a sudden, the game just kind of stopped and he was like killed over and uh, you know, they they brought out the manager and I guess the trainer, and we were like, what's going on because it was like between the innings. We were like, how do you get hurt?
Speaker 1: So you weren't You weren't able to tell. So, Diane, do you know the story. There's a guy who plays for the There's a guy who plays for the Toronto Blue Jays. Last name is say hey, heyes, who Sanchez is the guy's name.
Speaker 3: So he's out in he's out.
Speaker 1: In the outfield and all of a sudden, like it caught a lot of people off guard, all of a sudden, his glove is on the ground and and he's holding his wrists and and and and like Carlos said, managers out there, Schneider's out there. Trainers are out there looking at him. They thought he broke his wrist.
Speaker 3: He did not.
Speaker 1: They thought he broke his wrist. Now, what happened was a kid threw a baseball from the from the bleachers and it hit him on the wrist. Oh god, So that so a couple of things happened, Carlos. Were you able to see that kid get escorted out? Uh?
Speaker 6: No, because I was on the other side of right field where you can't see the bleachers. Gotch like you're kind of obstructed by the by the the foul pole.
Speaker 1: I got youa, I got you all right, very good, Hey, Carlos, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thank you so hippause hipause.
Speaker 5: So anyway, he keep saying kid, yeah, like like a high schooler or.
Speaker 1: The biggest the biggest debate that I've seen is whether the kid was nine or twelve. So no, very so. There's Sanchez in the outfield right here, right.
Speaker 2: Big difference between sixth grade and you know, third or fourth.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's also not going to break your wrist.
Speaker 1: There's a guy, there's a kid is in the is in the out is in the bleachers right or in the in the stand. Sanchez at one point is waving his glove like so there's there's a stoppage of play.
Speaker 3: I believe they were.
Speaker 1: There was a pitching change that was taking place, and so Sanchez is kind of like waving his glove thinking like, oh, I'm gonna play catch with a kid in the outfield right.
Speaker 3: Well, the kid in the outfield didn't realize.
Speaker 1: That, according to the according to the Blue Jays, he was just kidding around. It wasn't gonna play catch because he's not looking. When the ball gets thrown, he's not looking.
Speaker 2: So did the child flash the ball.
Speaker 3: Probably the way that the video looks.
Speaker 1: That's why I need somebody who was there to see it, because the video doesn't show the kid in the outfield.
Speaker 3: Like has HASI? And you do see like you assumed.
Speaker 1: Like you start to paint the picture in your head. Kids in the outfield yelling because the manager did say they were yelling back and forth. Sanchez kind of waves his glove a little bit.
Speaker 2: Is he known to kind of just be a little bit of a jokester.
Speaker 1: That I don't know that I don't know. And then he like turns and he's not looking. The ball comes because the kid thinks like, oh, I'm playing catch, which is awesome. No. No, And that happens sometimes at games where the outfielders will play catch with somebody in the in the stands, usually a home team. But I way like this kid wasn't trying to injure him. I don't believe can I play?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Oh so, Diane, watch that's him.
Speaker 1: Now you'll see he's waving his glove. Now he's gonna turn right here and bam, there's the ball. Oh not a hard throw.
Speaker 2: If that hits in the right spot.
Speaker 3: So he now watch here comes the ball. You'll see it right here.
Speaker 2: Boomhead out. He looks like he's in. Yeah, he.
Speaker 3: Really laid it on.
Speaker 5: Okay, he's not trying to play a lawsuit nine year old through the ball.
Speaker 1: Anyway, he ends up. He ends up coming out of the game. He had to undergo X rays. They escorted the fan out of the game.
Speaker 2: Now with a family.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, yeah, I would assume if the child's that young.
Speaker 3: I saw the debate, was nine or twelve year old? Get out that that was the debate.
Speaker 1: I saw that whether it was nine or twelve and then the Orioles had to say, we don't condone such behavior, like we're really making a mountain out of this thing.
Speaker 5: Oh, they have to come out and speak up against fans throwing things from the right.
Speaker 1: And that's where you say, hey, don't play catch. But that's the problem. Players do play catch with people in the stands, right, a Rod, I mean, A Ron's great.
Speaker 3: Judge does it?
Speaker 1: A lot of guys do it. Huh, It's awesome. It's one of the things that makes baseball great.
Speaker 3: I mean, the sport is great. Where am I going? Line six?
Speaker 2: So what is the update on Santas?
Speaker 3: He's fine?
Speaker 2: Is he totally fine? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, because a baby hit him in the arm, like he really poured it on fitn't know if you were going to say this morning, they're reporting he's out for X amount of weeks.
Speaker 3: No, he should be fine.
Speaker 1: You know what he was probably when he realized the baby threw the ball, Hi Elliet in the morning.
Speaker 3: Watch this kid will end up getting a.
Speaker 2: Bad shoes season tickets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a trip to Toronto. I'm sorry, who's this?
Speaker 4: This is Brian?
Speaker 3: Hey, Brian, what's going on? Dude?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: How are we doing good?
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 4: Good is at the game yesterday, one section over.
Speaker 3: So were you able to see everything as it was going on.
Speaker 4: I didn't see the kid throw the ball, but I saw it right after, and he looked pretty hurt. It was about fifty feet away. I was surprised that it hit him from that far. As a great throw from the kid, but shouldn't be doing that, right.
Speaker 1: But see, you didn't see, but I'm assuming the kid didn't just launch a ball to hit him. I'm assuming he thought that he was going to play catch with Sanchez.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that must have been, but none of the other players were playing catch with anybody in the stands. The players will throw a ball into the stands like as the inning.
Speaker 1: That is true, true, no, no, but there are times where Aaron Judge will turn around and play catch with somebody in the stands.
Speaker 3: But that doesn't mean Cody Bellinger is.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, uh, just the kid didn't understand, I guess, but that's unfortunately he got kicked out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he ends up getting the boot.
Speaker 1: But like, listen, I understand why you would say, like, and I don't know if this has happened, but team hits a home run, visiting team hits a home run. I'm going to take the ball and I'm pitching it back onto the field. I don't want your stupid home run ball, Like do you guys? I'm trying to think in my head. Have I seen a ball hit a player and they get hurt?
Speaker 2: There has to have been.
Speaker 1: Or even like whether they get like hurt like they're on the il or they just take a ball to the head.
Speaker 3: I bet there are some guys who try to like hit a player.
Speaker 1: Sure, I would imagine that goes on home run ball that I toss out there. I don't toss I peg out there. I could see that happening. Thank you, sir, this is I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 5: Twenty fifteen. A fan through Toronto Blue Jays outfielder z Bautista, probably on a big bat flip through a home run ball back Sunday and hit Brett Gardner.
Speaker 2: In the Yankees outfield in the back of the head.
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Minor bump on the head but did not come out of the game.
Speaker 3: Can't hit Gardner in the back of the head.
Speaker 2: So you knew so it at some point.
Speaker 5: But what is it like when security is escorting an elementary school aged child.
Speaker 3: Well, That's what I was going to say.
Speaker 1: Like, I've seen fans get escorted out of games who is still fighting, either fighting or they were just being obnoxious and whatever. And they had been told five six, seven times, well, I mean now.
Speaker 7: It would be you can't do that in the vault anyway. But they get escorted out. But the crowd is like, yeah, get his ask out of here. If you Philly, Pittsburgh or you know, whatever it is. What did they say to the nine year old? Damn right, get that little child out of here?
Speaker 2: Child?
Speaker 1: Damn? Was he?
Speaker 2: Do we know? Was he supporting the Orioles?
Speaker 3: I don't know where am I going? Line two line to them?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 3: Hi, Yellie in.
Speaker 1: The morning, Hey, yeah, Hi, who's this? Hey?
Speaker 6: And I won't say my.
Speaker 8: Name, but our work security for the Orioles. I was right there, that's in my section, and I was on escort team escorting them out.
Speaker 2: Escort team.
Speaker 1: All right, So let me ask you this. Let me ask you this first of all solved the debate. Was he nine or was he twelve?
Speaker 8: He was like eleven?
Speaker 3: Okay, so we'll split the difference a little bit. Eleven. Was he a big eleven or a little eleven.
Speaker 8: Uh, he was, like I guess, like a normal saze eleven. He was confused the whole time. He didn't like really understand like what he did. So like, uh, you know, like you say, they're playing, catching the players, the players, you know, Jester to them, I thought, you know, you open and close your gloves and you know, like I'm ready to throw the ball, so just should have, you know, throw the ball back. But whatever whatever happened on the field, he just turned his head, you know, to look back into the field to play, and you know by that time, the kids, you know, just threw the ball back. So it was like it was like a big misunderstanding, bro Like from my expective from yeah.
Speaker 1: No, no, and that's how like, that's how I interpret it. Hey was the kid and the kids an Orioles fan, I'm.
Speaker 8: Assuming yeah, he was an Oriols fan. Yeah, it was like family. They had the park. He was there with like a bunch of other kids. They were like crying and stuff or whatever. Because you know, I'm saying he didn't understand what was going on. And then when it went out on the radio, it just went out, you know, a player was assaulted by a fan. In the stand. So you know, the police e were owned station there, they came over. It's like a bunch of cops around on security staff oriol staff. He's just like looking like he's like, you know, I didn't I didn't know. It was like it was an accident. I wasn't trying to hurt him, like you know, start crying stuff. So I was like it was pretty bad. I felt bad for the kids. Yeah, no, it like immediately and the like dragging the kids, like dragging him. I'm like, yo, this is like an eleven year old.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, so but if he was there with a group, was there like a chaperone or something.
Speaker 8: Yeah, his dad, His dad was there with him, and his dad was trying to explain so like you know, the Orioles, like you know, upper manage. You're like, you know, it was a complete accent, like you know, he doesn't know baseball etiquette. You know, he was playing catch with the player, you know, just trying to you know, calm the situation down. The Oils they were real cool about it, but you know, he just had to follow protocol, you know, to you know, and they you know, of course he had to get exected. Unfortunately, but you know, just protocol for this the thing. But I don't think it's going to be like any like lifetime dam or anything for the care or anything like that. You can't.
Speaker 3: You assaulted a player. I saw it on the TV.
Speaker 1: You watch though, this kid will be sitting on pen Alnzo's shoulders in the next game, like you like, I hope they take care of them. I hope they take care of them. When you when you had to walk him up, like I know you said you're on escort team, and I'm sure you've been on some escort teams where it's like, dude, stop flinging.
Speaker 3: Those arms around. Yes, yes, yes, did you even have to really escort or are you like.
Speaker 8: Sun let's go and no, no, no, not so. So they have a cop that station like right there, like you know, right at the border of the field in the stands, you know, in case somebody jumps over. So the cop was right there. He was the first one to make contact with him, so you know, he stood him up, and of course we went over there and you know, we just walked him out the stands. Nobody was like, you know, mean to him, were like, you know, like booing him or anything. Everybody just like kind of confused, like what just happens just now? Like did I just really just see that? Like that's pretty much like you know what it was. But you know, he didn't got up all came.
Speaker 1: Did it seem like did it seem like Sanchez was was kind of baby in it a little bit?
Speaker 8: I thought he was. I mean, but again, like you know, it's a ball coming in said it hit him in the wrist. So I'm thinking maybe like ball to wrist, you know, right on the bone. So right, I mean, I know he's got hurt, but I mean I don't I don't know, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but come on, his glove is laying on the ground.
Speaker 1: Jess has been hit by a ninety eight mile an hour fastball before, but this this is eleven year old crying kid. It's in and gloves on the ground and he's stumbling like he just like I got taken out right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'll do a little bit of dramatic, but.
Speaker 3: You know, I know, I know, all right, dude, Hey, I appreciate the phone call. Thank you, brother. That's great, right there, that's great. You don't see it in hockey.
Speaker 2: With people we can stuff well now with.
Speaker 1: The netting too, right, But you don't. Yeah, you can't throw pugs back.
Speaker 2: That makes me nervous, though, I always.
Speaker 1: Wanted to remember. The Caps were like, don't encourage people to do that.
Speaker 5: Some of the angles though, when fans are tossed like foul balls, and the players in baseball have to go over the net. It's coming down a lot steeper than it used to.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, it's a toss over the net.
Speaker 5: If you can't have a toss, they have to like, yeah, they have to really cock back, Tyler.
Speaker 3: These guys throw eighty and ninety miles an hour. They're coming off after the last out and they have their way back. They toss it over the.
Speaker 2: Net and it lands lot different than.
Speaker 3: You could just underhand. Okay, but new rule.
Speaker 1: If you don't think you can catch a light toss over the net, it's.
Speaker 3: Go sit up in the four hundred.
Speaker 2: You talk about a light toss. They have to then it's coming down from much higher.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's it's only going over the net and it's very sunny.
Speaker 2: I'm I forgot to check our website. You don't think about that every time they throw them back over the net.
Speaker 3: No, I think throw one to me,