Speaker 1: Morning, lady and gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine. I'm like a dog in heat. I woke up yesterday morning with us Frank Musty start later. Please, I could never know if the day was US Florida. Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demogram super duper. That's nice. Way to gondo, guys, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 2: It is the twenty third day of January twenty twenty sixth that it is freezing outside. Good morning, Welcome to Friday and the Power Trip Morning Show. Here we are, you know, the drill on a Friday, but we got some very very special guests coming in. If they can start their car, good luck everybody. Please stay warm. A lot of your kids aren't having school today. I'm sure you already know that. If not, please take a lookie and make sure before you try to take them to school or put them on a bush. But that's enough of that. You know what you're doing. Who am I to tell you what to do? Thanks for tuning into the Powerchrip Morning Show. Here's Brian Reagan. Some comedy.
Speaker 1: Come on in.
Speaker 2: I am glad you are here.
Speaker 3: My wife and I we have two wonderful kids and.
Speaker 1: Another kid.
Speaker 3: You know, and the majority of your kids are good man. Now we have two kids. I'm joking, they're both wonderful. I love being a parent. You get to say sentences when you're a parent that people without kids would never get to say. There's an actual sentence I came out of my mouth the other day, but I don't try to balance your fruitres between your chests and the table. Actual sentence I had to put together and aim at another member of our species. Actually, he was trying to push a plastic cup of fruits along the edge of the table, pushing it.
Speaker 1: With his chest.
Speaker 3: How can you not admire that kind of effort. People without kids would never get to say anything like that, Charlie, trying not to balance your fruit just.
Speaker 1: Between you're chest on the table.
Speaker 3: You know it does seem rather precarious. You know, when I sat on the table, it seems more solid underneath.
Speaker 1: That's what I was thinking. Thanks for pointing it out.
Speaker 3: You're welcome continue with their proposal.
Speaker 1: You talk, give me two.
Speaker 2: Sweet fetus on your side. You hear the distance under.
Speaker 4: And you stray power to Mornings Your Friday, January twenty third of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: I'm Corey Kobe.
Speaker 4: That's Chris Afy, that's Meat Sauce, that's zach Alberson.
Speaker 1: There's John Trieso.
Speaker 4: Can I say something a little controversial at five thirty two in.
Speaker 5: The morning, that's interesting, man, I don't know you guys get it, don't do it, or don't do it.
Speaker 1: I thought it was going to be so much worse. Yeah, because that's all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this market and not the station sure loves to just blow everything out of proportion.
Speaker 1: It's very cold, but.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say it's minus twenty three.
Speaker 4: It is very cold, and I saw that my phone said minus twenty two when I woke up, and I'm like, calm man, this is going to be a bitch right.
Speaker 1: I'm in the driveway club.
Speaker 4: I expected wind, and when I went outside and there was no wind, I'm like, it's cold. But man, this is this is tolable lowercase tea.
Speaker 1: No it's not. It's not.
Speaker 2: Hold on one second. It's literally not as best as I think it was going to be before somebody drives through the wall and kills us. We don't work outside.
Speaker 1: No, no, for sure. I thought it was going to be so much worse than this.
Speaker 2: Though it's terrible.
Speaker 6: It will have the Northland outside at Hockey Day Minnesota today, So if you're there, stop by just outside the VIP tent, but outside booze, warm me up, donate to United Eros.
Speaker 2: Why are people john?
Speaker 1: They won't Yeah, hands bore you? Yeah? Is it Halloween? Are we almost in the speech hogs Man?
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, it's everyone loves to everyone loves to just blow it out of proportion. Yeah, it wasn't.
Speaker 5: I share my wapped the driveways the worst.
Speaker 1: But I walked out and.
Speaker 5: Uh, I are the garage door keypad wouldn't work. That didn't work, and I took my glove off. And then by the time I got to my car, which by the way, when I turned it on made a horrible sound when I started it.
Speaker 1: That was yeah, I pretty much said.
Speaker 5: And my hand, I mean legitimately like it took a few minutes. I mean just having exposed skin on my hand for you know, the forty five seconds to a minute it took to get from the garage door to the car.
Speaker 1: It was. It was not good.
Speaker 5: There was and I don't know where you would if you had depending in the direction, but.
Speaker 1: We had plenty of win and had none. It was we had ton well then yeah, I was like, yeah.
Speaker 4: I thought I was going to get blown away, but it was nothing. It's sixty degrees in my garage.
Speaker 1: But once I got outside, though, when I opened that garage door, it's bitter. This it's the coldest day in the last seven years. It's bitterly cold. It's not that bad though, No, but it isn't the end. I thought it was going to be worse.
Speaker 6: The good thing about it you wear gloves and if you work outside all day, Yeah, it's going to be tough. But the the people complaining the most are people who sit at a desk for their job. That's from my experience. We don't even have those here anymore. No, we don't have conference from.
Speaker 4: The renovation man. There's just nothing there. This looks it looks like we robbed. How it does?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: How does the station still broadcast without all the equipment? As long as I've been coming here, which is what seventeen eighteen years now, that closet with the glass has always been just full of components.
Speaker 1: Most of them are gone now, so.
Speaker 5: One of it back into the there's a huge room behind it, cap a bunch of different it's crazy ones and zeros and boxes.
Speaker 1: Quick question for you. You posted a video.
Speaker 5: On your your Twitter of your car warming up, yes, with the garage door open, I presume, Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Is your garage naturally just not that warm on its own or no?
Speaker 1: Okay no, but I was warm in the car when I got on you love it? How bad is it supposed to get? In terms of what is it? Mine is twenty three? Now is it? Is it supposed to get worse than this at any point this weekend? As bad as the peak was overnight. So we're on the up now, all right, we're warming up to a high of nine below, but that's brisk.
Speaker 6: It's a lot better than now. So we'll see you at Hockey Day. The Iowa Wild.
Speaker 1: Are playing and they are going through with that game. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: I saw the post yesterday by everybody that was concerned to go, nope, we're doing this.
Speaker 6: It's easier when it's adults that are professional athletes, for shared to the high schoolers.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 2: Did Perry live through playing hockey the night he did? He had to assists Yeah, goody, he looks he looked good. He was like, he had to go.
Speaker 1: What did he say? How did he phrase it?
Speaker 6: Because I saw him go off the ice back to the locker rooms, and so afterwards I asked him if he had to take a deuce in the heated bathrooms back there, and he.
Speaker 1: Said no, He said there was no water there.
Speaker 6: He said a few of the dudes had beers on the bench, but he said there was no water, so he had to go and get some water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, he was happy.
Speaker 5: I saw him after and on the ice as well, and uh, I got to meet Gina, his daughter, so that was cool, get it.
Speaker 1: And yeah, after his brother, of course.
Speaker 5: But watching Mark Parrish passed the puck that Joe Mauer was a very interesting thing to see.
Speaker 1: Was Joe the best one out there? I don't think there was any best men stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah there was? Was he the best piece of iras he might have been? Okay, that's the question. Don't dodge the question. Why is it dodging the question? John?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. Well, dude, you've been through this, right.
Speaker 4: You were part of Hockey Day White Bear, right, you were part of some of the planning committees and stuff.
Speaker 1: You know how much work has gone into this.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine working your ass off for as long as they have and then it's minus twenty three and you almost have to cancel like half the game, so you have to think about canceling major parts of your plan.
Speaker 1: What a I mean, that just sucks. What a waste?
Speaker 5: Was our worst nightmare obviously, and that uh, thankfully we got somewhat lucky. I mean, it was still pretty chilly in hockey day, but this is nothing like this, and it's the roll of the dice always this same year, but Midgie was the coldest by far. That was twenty six below when they had it a couple of years ago. No, this is like twenty or something somewhere in the twenty tens.
Speaker 1: But with some wind, yeah, probably too up there. No wind that was, oh thank god. But it was so cold on its own.
Speaker 5: And then even if there was a little bird like, it was like I said, it was, it was below twenty below the entire time and it was there was there was definitely you would talk about high school kids having to like basically I mean you in construction trailers for locker rooms.
Speaker 1: But they powered through it.
Speaker 5: They got through it hardy people up north, and there'll be hardy people in Hastings today and in tomorrow or Minnesota.
Speaker 1: And the staff and the volunteer Carl's junior people out there too. I'm sure that sounds me.
Speaker 6: They got the staff obviously at Hockey Day. They're awesome, just always smiling, regardless how tough it is. I ran into my buddy who was in the military with me. Uh, he's volunteering at it. I had he had been in Gaza working for a while, so it's like just and he's as happy as hell to be. That's the polar opposite. Quies about the complete polar opposite of being at Hockey Day. But yeah, so I was not expecting his smiling face. So yeah, it's get out there though. It will be awesome.
Speaker 1: In the Oranger spots there's two big, huge tents. Whoa, whoa, it's gonna go.
Speaker 2: Skip the Canterbury track snow crossed night. Yeah, you get no big tents down there.
Speaker 1: How is this going to compare to Iron one?
Speaker 2: Uh? This it was minus two in Ironwood on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Tropical.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's gonna be worse like yeah, man, nobody's winning with this weather. Other than people who like to freeze in five minutes. Yeah, people love that they do, and then you can say you were there.
Speaker 1: I was at that. I was at the Blair walshmiss that was very cold. Yeah, Bud Grant would be wearing a Fellow shirt today.
Speaker 6: I wore this down feather coat that Tim borrowed me, and I was sweating. The thing was so warm. Well, you're always warm though.
Speaker 1: I run hot, I run hot, I run hot. Yeah that's great. Yeah, yeah, but we made it. Look at did you start your car this morning? Yeah? Started pretty quickly. No, no, no, no like did you Oh no, no, raw dog did Let's go? Piece of cake.
Speaker 6: I've gotten so many texts about asking if it's a bit if you actually park outside, and I said no, it's true.
Speaker 1: So is so is Tommy. The driveway club is growing by the day. Not me.
Speaker 6: We have we have spots for both of us. But if not, guess what the bread winter parks in the garage.
Speaker 1: That's the way she goes, Mmm, I love you, love you the best.
Speaker 5: It's less of a bit more of a cry for help, isn't.
Speaker 1: The driveway club is like, well how about today? Right?
Speaker 4: The kiddo works at like I think eight thirty, and I work at five thirty, and my wife does not work, and the two of us are the two in the driveway.
Speaker 1: So I'm sure.
Speaker 4: Bailey will be rolling out of bed here in about two hours to a nice cold car and driving to work.
Speaker 1: Well, to be fair, though, you don't want to go to Target in a cold car. See See, that's why she likes you. Yeah, no, that's why she always stands up for you. I think what she's doing is I'm sure she doesn't listen. She's not going to hear this.
Speaker 4: No, No, she would let me use the garage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, move your car so soscan park in the garage. That's my impression of her, that's what she would say. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh, Pablo Lopez will be here in like an hour and a half. That's super cool man. Yeah, haven't met him. Heard he's a genius. Heard he's super smart, hurt, he's super nice. He'll play initials late, Marty later, Parish later. No, mister Z this week, he said, there's absolutely nothing coming out. Oh, there's like two bad movies.
Speaker 1: I guess. So he's like, whatever, let's just skip in my deal.
Speaker 6: So no, mister Z, good job, secure in Pablo because next year you won't be able to obviously.
Speaker 4: Oh well, I mean that's that's part that definitely sucks. It's definitely possible. Yeah, he's great. Everybody that loves the Twins is worried that him or Joe Ryan is out the door.
Speaker 1: They're probably going to bring this because they're back though.
Speaker 2: Oh bring your punk do back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can get a punto down on Hockey Day, Hocket go to the game.
Speaker 1: We should I should have known too.
Speaker 5: By the way, at six o'clock today, Parker Fox and I Hockey Day broadcast Iowa Wild Milwaukee anal admirals will be on the call.
Speaker 1: That's super cool. I just I don't know how he's going to do it, but he's going to do it because he's good.
Speaker 6: Raving about him he said that fox Yep, he said that. The enthusiasm, and he said be yourself, and that's don't let other people say, oh, you know who you need to be more chill will do this.
Speaker 1: No, be enthusiastic.
Speaker 6: You'll learn he's learning from Obviously, Halve's fantastic at it. I mean, you could broadcast games on Twitch and make it sound awesome.
Speaker 1: So I think I have I know, that's what I'm saying, that that's wearing COVID. That was awesome. I was entertained as PA and I calling Video Games Man about that. That was whatever League Rocket League too. Oh man, it was good. You're gonna it's gonna be awesome. Yeah.
Speaker 4: There was a time we thought, like, how do we get Zach to be the voice of Rocket League and just make a ton of money calling Rocket League games.
Speaker 1: There was a window where we thought that was a path. Still is there still is They're not. The money's dried up. So we got out at the right time.
Speaker 5: Well, like, no, no, I mean the fact that the wils own our video game operations here and that they couldn't get it to work.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I forget so version one is gone our quality.
Speaker 4: Yeah so yeah, well maybe in another generation they'll figure it out.
Speaker 5: I think they ran into issues with the fact that they everybody used their screen name instead of their actual name. So it's really hard to like remember, like when you have an athlete, like if it's Kevin Garnett or Randy Moss or whatever, like there you go identify. It's hard to identify with like uh, you know, think gamer sixty nine. You know, I don't know or come or I mean they're good, good dudes. It was just like hard to well but sauce.
Speaker 4: Name as many American gladiators as you can.
Speaker 1: Ice Thunder.
Speaker 4: Oh, whoops, I meant the TV show from the late eighties early nineties, Gemini Gemini.
Speaker 1: Sure was Ice one of them. You and Jim Ice was a gal. Yeah, she was there. Who are the other guys? Brian Flores, that's the wrong person, did Brian Flores? Ryan, Yeah, there was under you already said that laser laser. It was Race Turbo Good one that documentary.
Speaker 4: When it basically came out that they were falling onto like a hardd gym floor, was like, that makes it so much more. But they took absolutely no precaution. But they was just like, get out there and hit people. In the film it I need to see that? Is it Netflix? It's old Netflix. It is pretty sad. One of the guys is in like like he has to be held up because his back is broken. So many and they all were juicing like crazy because it was courage to just get out there and juice.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I wanted to join so he could just do that.
Speaker 2: I love thee I do one more. I'd like to tell you, well you get I'll see in a minute.
Speaker 1: We all wanted to be on that show too. Yeah, a billion and now do the eliminator once? Right, just once one?
Speaker 6: It sounds like the Eliminator actually was close to eliminating people.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, didn't they bring it back with like the rock they did it once with like yeah, they did it a couple of times, but I don't know, captured magic in a bottle once?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Was that the show? Whe You're like they got they shoot balls at you and that's the version of Tommy you that's their search history.
Speaker 4: Okay, I wonder if there's a stat page on the internet. I'm sure there is for a success rate, like remember the rocket launcher during the sault? Yeah, what percentage of the time do you think that actually hit one?
Speaker 1: I mean, it was so low. Maybe it's got to be under ten percent?
Speaker 4: It's got yeah, just never even close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a fun event though.
Speaker 6: There's a wiki, but okay, it doesn't really show a step joust remember that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That was great. How do we start talking about this again? Oh? Yeah, gamer names.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here's a name that Chris. You don't forget builders and remodelers.
Speaker 2: Builders are remodels and builders remodels dot com. Yes, that's right, you need new windows, roofs, siding, doors. They do it all and they do it well. Even today, they'll come out to your house.
Speaker 1: How about them taking over the sponsorship for Initials. So we'll talk more about them later.
Speaker 2: As they've been waiting in the wings. They finally got a shot. They got it.
Speaker 4: More of the Power Trip Morning Show with John Friesil after this on the Fan, there's.
Speaker 2: A final act from the Governor of New Jersey, Phil Murphy, bringing cursive handwriting back from the dead. He signed a bill on Monday requiring all New Jersey schools to teach it grades three through five. Coreat Teachers have to make sure these students know not only know how to write legibly and cursive, but also can decipher it. It's becoming a lost art.
Speaker 1: Chloe's school does it. Yeah, my kiddos went through it as well. Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 4: It's definitely for brain developments. I think once they hit their teenage years and beyond, it's completely worthless.
Speaker 1: But it's part It's the same thing we've always talked about with.
Speaker 4: Memorizing state capitals versus memorizing big cities. It's just the practice of memorization. It's not as an adult. Nobody needs to know the capital of Missus. It doesn't matter and now we can just google it Alabama. Well, it's about the practice of memorizing something. Yeah, man, I should Let's let's find something to memorize. I'm gonna think of something that I'm just gonna learn just for the sake of memorizing it.
Speaker 6: It's crazy too, some of the stuff you're forced to memorize as child that I could rattle off the preamble of the Constitution, but you ask me what I had for breakfast two days ago.
Speaker 1: No idea. Man, it's depressing getting.
Speaker 6: Know And the thing now that I might have mentioned it last year I make I always made fun of some of my older friends once they're holding things far away from him and Kayla's dad, it's happened. I need So on Monday, I'm going to go to the eye doctory and get looked at for reading glasses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I had Lasik back in.
Speaker 4: Three Sure, and you're getting older and you're going to look distinguished and I like to read. So are you gonna do the bit where you pull him down once in a while, so like when you're you know, like just slowly pull him down so you can see over the top of your glass.
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 6: That's a good look for a lot of bothering law does it, and it's smart. It makes them look refined. But I don't know, we'll see what. I'll decide that on Monday.
Speaker 1: I'll let you know. Maybe I'll bring him in on Friday. That would be great. We'll see if Chris thinks I'm sexy with classes. Yeah, I'm I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure that I will, especially if you look over the top. I'm like you're saying, oh, yeah, it's a good move. Yeah, get things out.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I wanted to try something with you fellas a group trivia efforts.
Speaker 1: Oh, you guys can work together.
Speaker 4: Okay, did you guys know that the Winter Olympics start two weeks from today, opening ceremonies on Feb six, two weeks from to day. We're away from the uh Mulano Cortina.
Speaker 1: What day is that? Also Harper's birthday?
Speaker 6: And I spots never mind today's Friday, but I thought Super Bowl Sunday was the first day of Oh.
Speaker 1: Sure, that's Feb. Eight. Yeah it is. Yeah, there are sixteen different disciplines in the Winter Olympics, sixteen sports.
Speaker 4: Now, a couple of them are really close to a couple of them are nitpicky. But let's see how many of the sixteen Winter Olympic sports you guys can name as a group.
Speaker 1: Hockey it was absolutely one. Sauce you got one.
Speaker 4: Curling is two, snowboarding snowboarding is three. Downhill skiing yeah, so alpine skiing yep, that is four.
Speaker 1: Sha that is not one. Finally, that's strike one. No, he's voice texting all speed skating.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, so here I'm gonna give you both of them because I don't want to nitpick. There's speed skating is one and short.
Speaker 1: Track speed skating, so instead of nitpicking, will give you both. LUs is another one. Figure skating, bob sledding. Figure skating bob sledding yep is Jamaica in this year. They are Yeah, qualify.
Speaker 6: Actually, I need to watch I need to watch cool running, great movies.
Speaker 4: So good, you're dead man. Now you're getting into the hard ones. To ones are pretty tough. What's the one where you ski and then like shoot stuff?
Speaker 1: Oh u long.
Speaker 2: Country?
Speaker 1: No, but it's something.
Speaker 5: That the cathlong is not, uh shoot ski something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's your screen.
Speaker 4: Well, you're dancing around it.
Speaker 1: Isn't there a speed skiing too? Well? I mean there's alpine skiing downhill.
Speaker 6: We're talking to Barrero about like a speed skiing that they didn't know what there's.
Speaker 5: A new Well, I think it's a return from the old days of where you have to go up the hill and go up to ski or actually like run up the hill and then ski down or something.
Speaker 1: Jesus, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna get give you credit for that, Zachary. The going up the hill is called ski mountaineering, where you have to go up the hill. What yeah, up by either carrying your skis or skiing. You have to make your way up a hill. You got us carry them. That's nuts.
Speaker 6: Ski uphill seems impossible. God, Okay, what is it called?
Speaker 1: Where you ski? It's like it's a cross country skiing then you stop. Cross country skiing is one. I'm gonna give you credit for it. Said that, but keep going. But then it's where where then you stop and you shoot at target practice?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god. It's not a decathlon because there's only how many events?
Speaker 5: Oh, is it like a tommy thing, like a biathle biathlon?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 4: The biathlon is skiing and then shooting rifles. All right, I don't think you're gonna get those two. So there's only two left that I think you can.
Speaker 1: Get, Like is the moguls an event, so.
Speaker 4: Freestyle skiing will give you credit for that, And then there's one other ski related event that you haven't mentioned. The other two that I don't think you're gonna get are Nordic Combined and the skeleton. Oh yeah, but there's one more relating events ski related event that you guys can get.
Speaker 1: The one you can do this? What about the jump? Ski jumping? Look at ski jumping?
Speaker 4: So the sixteen alpine skiing, biathlon bob sleigh, can't they just called bob cross country skiing, curling, short track, speed skating, ski jumping, snowboarding, figure skating, freestyle skiing, ice hockey, lose, Nordic combined, skeleton, ski mountaineering, and speed skating.
Speaker 1: You guess it pretty well. That doesn't seem like that many of the events.
Speaker 4: So there's obviously variations of all so some of them have I don't know, five to ten variations. But those are the sixteen disciplines, and then there's events within the events.
Speaker 1: And two in the summer. Wow, thirty two sports. That's the quick AI overview and that's probably right. Yeah, they are spread.
Speaker 5: The hell out over there, man, like hours upon hours apart for some of these, even some of the skiing events are five plus hours away from me.
Speaker 1: Well, Parker Fox.
Speaker 4: That's why Parker was saying he has, you know, a handful of options in the city that he's going to be.
Speaker 1: Boy get it.
Speaker 4: Didn't he say there was like speed skating and his mom was a speed skater. Yeah, I think he was going to go watch some speed skating when he's not watching Taylor play for Team USA. It's pretty good time.
Speaker 1: Give me too. He's going to Italy for the Olympics. That's awesome. Yeah, that's fantastic. It has to be just nuts experience.
Speaker 6: I'm so excited for it though, too, especially the post football abyss. This helps get rid of two weeks of that. I love the Olympics, g both winter and summer. Don't care love them both?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I love curling.
Speaker 6: Yeah, summer is my favorite and not summer. Robberts from OC but she's awesome too, But the summer Olympics Olympics for sure, but yeah, this will be good. So are we expected USA hockey men's and women's How are we expected to fail?
Speaker 5: I mean women's is easy here. It's US in Canada.
Speaker 4: Like not No, that's the women's basketball hasn't lost in like sixty years or something.
Speaker 1: Isn't it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so good competition on the men's side though, that can go.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you. That could go either way.
Speaker 5: There's between US and Sweden and be a lot of Wild players on there, so that'll be fun to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ball goaltenders are going over there. Don't get hurt. Yeah, just don't get hurt.
Speaker 4: And how does Buffalo Wild Wings not sponsor a game when the Wild and the Wings play? How do they not tie into kind of great point low Wild Wings bit.
Speaker 1: Get on it, Brian Bellows and I don't even know what that idea was. It just sounded good in my head.
Speaker 6: The former Bello, No, he went for the while he's a salesman. It's spelled differently. But yeah, Brian Bellows and uh d suit or two of the two of the best over there.
Speaker 1: Get on it.
Speaker 4: Leave it Front Page Sports in a second, don't forget Pablo Lopez of the Minnesota Twins and initials later and one hundred and eight thousand dollars up for grabs with the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials Jackpot. One of you get to crack at that a little bit after eight o'clock today. Front Page Sports is next. This is definitely not a ripoff of Pushing No, it's nothing like it.
Speaker 2: It's called don't push Me, right, don't push me.
Speaker 4: This is by them in and Paprika and toast crunch Yummy.
Speaker 7: I love it so much, so much that right now, oh yeah, allegedly, I don't know if this is like an ai bit or I fell for it or Smitium fell for it.
Speaker 4: Dairy Queen is doing a cinnamon toast crunch dip cone and yeah why not? Yeah, definitely Mount Rushmore series.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't eat cereal really anymore.
Speaker 6: But if I'm at a Continental Breakfast and their Cinema toaster crunch, count me in.
Speaker 5: I'm a little surprised at they're both Minnesota companies. Yes, it is also true that General Mills and Dairy Queen didn't get together.
Speaker 6: More more collabse Yeah followed followed the the kemps and cheerios.
Speaker 1: Yes, yep, two things can be proud of. Yes.
Speaker 4: Don't do a lot of protein per serving. Yes, man, that curio's protein cinnamon is outstated. It is very good. Even that yep, great, it's very good. All right, let's do front page sports. Stuff happened.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's time now for front page Sports presented by Holiday Station.
Speaker 1: Stars Holiday Sequestion stores.
Speaker 4: By two get one free monster for a limited time, mixing actiny flavors.
Speaker 1: You want, what flavor do you want?
Speaker 2: I'll make a suggestion.
Speaker 1: I don't know. If they have that, make myself then fine. But they got ultra punk punch.
Speaker 4: They have all those other zero flavors which might have been what you're referring to.
Speaker 1: That's right, by.
Speaker 4: Two one free for a limited time with our friends at holiday Thanks Holiday, Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Minnesota Wild.
Speaker 4: One four to three over the Wings in overtime. The overtime snipe for the game winner. Quinn Hughes had three assists. He's not up to forty year. It's a Carrello scored twice in the third that got us to overtime. The Wild of one three of four after losing what Zach was it like five or six? Who was something like that before? But now it's They've won three out of four. They host Florida tomorrow at eight o'clock. The Wild have sixty seven points, the second most in the West.
Speaker 1: They're now two points ahead of Dallas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thanks to the old bjs and Columbus for taking care of buses against Dallas.
Speaker 1: Cool jackets. You don't live that far from Columbus, Minnesota. I don't. I've spent some time there.
Speaker 4: You ever gone up to Columbus and watched the b Jays, Well it's funny if they were Lake No, but.
Speaker 1: Never mind.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Carrill nice little drop my huge and then Carrill just bobbed and weaved a little bit and sniped.
Speaker 5: I mean it's all relative when I say struggle. But he has not been producing goal wise like he normally was. I was like three in goals in sixteen games or something going into it. So yeah, he was kind of for a breakout game, and he certainly had it. And there was a right before the goal, like he actually scored the goal with a jersey full of snow because he was brought down pretty clearly by Dylan Lark and behind the wild goal on the other side of the ice, and it just looked like he got so pissed that they didn't call a penalty, got up and just went down and just said I'm gonna do it myself and put it in and rock and building despite the eight forty two puck drop ridiculous, really really great atmosphere last night in Saint Paul. And yeah, I mean they are now officially second place in the division, and that would be I mean so long ways obviously, but that would be mean home ice in the first run of the Plass, which would be really nice to.
Speaker 1: Hell, yeah, that'd be great. The greast time we've had that. Thanks Tom Shan. Yeah, I don't know, thank you said it, brother.
Speaker 4: But the Timberwolves have lost a season high four straight games after a one to twenty one fifteen loss to the Chicago Bulls and just all of a sudden, shoots a thousand times a game, and his percentage has been terrible. He was one of eight from three to nine of twenty five overall. I can't do it all.
Speaker 1: Five Bulls, star wars and double figures. Yeah, other team, that's a bad loss. They really bad.
Speaker 4: Two of these four losses have been basically double digit favorites. You can't lose to a team like Chicago who is basically just waiting for half these players on their team to be traded.
Speaker 1: That's a bad loss. At home. Yeah, at home. They're back to being unserious.
Speaker 4: Well, they're back to being a team that only gets up when they play like Golden State and Oklahoma City and you know, Lebron and they don't care about these regular games. Against a bad team like Chicago.
Speaker 6: That's just bad problem when you're the seventh seed at the end of the season, looking back and going there is probably the Wolves more than any team I can mention. You look back and go, wow, these three or four games we should have had. Yeah, I understand, and it would move them up to three spots. It's as Maxo said yesterday.
Speaker 4: Had this been a three game up until last night's game, a three game winning streak, they'd be the two seed.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Nine hours ago you tweeted if the Wolves lose to this team, they should shut it down. Well, yeah they should.
Speaker 4: Then eight hours ago you tweeted, awful loss, Minnesota sports suck ass.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Agador, appreciate you. A better team, Yeah, be a.
Speaker 6: Better team Minnesota Sports don't suck ass Well, tweeted, do you stand by that?
Speaker 1: Yes? I didn't know the wild one either, But that was way past my bedtime, and I was asleep and I heard my wife, Oh man, oh wow, was making.
Speaker 2: She had somebody over.
Speaker 1: You're making it crazy? Oh no, So anyway, she's current one. Oh my god, She's saying, oh man, the wild or the war accent changed and I was like, oh, I gotta go on Twitter or tweet something. I didn't even look up at the score. I don't know. Man, oh man, now you're infected. Ants killed me and my underdog play last night. I would have.
Speaker 6: Wind one hundred and some bucks on a very small bat if he had gotten over thirty points.
Speaker 1: Everyone else held up there into the bargain.
Speaker 2: Everybody else's aunts hand is stuck under their couch and they can't get it out.
Speaker 1: That's true. I know, I know a guy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's the weirdest thing. How many ants get their hands stuck on the couch.
Speaker 4: The Twins agreed to I a one year deal two million dollars with former twin Taylor Rogers.
Speaker 1: He's back.
Speaker 4: He was an All Star with US in twenty twenty one Collay split last year between the Reds and the Cubs. He is thirty five years old, opening up that check book.
Speaker 1: Be a better team. No one can accuse them of being cheap. Saust your thoughts. Yeah, and then there was the rumor yesterday that they may have been in on the Is it Freddy Peralta, the Brewers guy that went to the Mets? I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a rumor my legs were going to grow back to Wow, both are equally accurate.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, there's that.
Speaker 6: Which would have been stupid to trade for him when there's there's almost nothing else except the two stud pitchers, one of which will be playing initials today.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 4: I know I say this from time to time, but again, it's like, it is kind of mind blowing to me that I have never heard of the name Freddy Peralta until this morning when I saw that exactly really never heard of him. This is like the Hawk and Parish basketball. But if you said one guess, tell me what team Freddy Peralta plays for, and I'll give you a million dollars, I'd have a one in. How many teams are they're thirty? Are They're thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i'd have a one in thirty chance.
Speaker 4: Actually, no, well I would be I don't I know he didn't play for the Twins, so like one in twenty nine?
Speaker 1: No idea, Hey played for Garlar's team. Yeah, that's the yes, okay stadium.
Speaker 6: If you were watching Sports Center, just listening or in passing, if you heard the salary, you would know he's not on the Twins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, duh, I agree. You never heard of him? Thank so where did he go? And it's a big deal that he knew he went to the Mets. The Mets pretty go well.
Speaker 4: Oh, his brother Jake lives in Brooklyn, so that makes a lot of sense from State Farm. No, No, his brother's a.
Speaker 9: Top in Brooklyn. I would know your bit off the schoogle. Got it, got it, got it.
Speaker 4: What really matters is next, we'll do scores and stats around the world. The sports chrys will change your life with some announced Pablo Lopez in about an hour, Martie Gellner in about an hour, Mark Parrish in like forty five minutes. Initials at eight fifteen, with one hundred and eight thousand dollars potentially up for grabs, Craso's here, it's Friday in the Power Trim Morning jo on the.
Speaker 8: Fan calling Oh Wolves Fans, Join us for a Michelo Ultra watch party.
Speaker 5: January twentieth at the Rosemont Legion. Hang with Kafans Max Feller seven thirty to nine thirty pm, Play trivia, win prizes, and enjoy drink specialist. Full details at KFE dot com cure calendar.
Speaker 4: All right, we need to start what really matters immediately because we have breaking news.
Speaker 1: That's what really matters. Oh my God, rot you my Ovo Lasik and Lens.
Speaker 4: Get Lasik, Change your life with Ovo Lasik and Lens, The Legends of Lasik, Doctor Mark Logan, author, doctor David White, and up.
Speaker 1: Those guys are the best, super nice guys, ladies and gentlemen. Could I please have your attention, Chris.
Speaker 4: I'm going to assume you saw this, but according to Zach Halverson's Twitter account, last night at the Wild Game, during one of the stoppages, they were doing a bit where they throw celebrities up on the big screen and they do look alike from somebody in the crowd. Chris Hockey was the celebrity and some random dude in the crowd was a Chris Hockey lookalike.
Speaker 1: Now, I will argue.
Speaker 4: The guy looks more like our friend Chad Daniels, just like look exactly like Chad Daniels. In fact, I had to almost zoom in to make sure it wasn't just Chad at a wild game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I should say that. I don't know if you've seen the update, but the guy looked like Chad Daniels. Yes, after he saw the screen, he went, that's what I look like.
Speaker 1: How awesome is that? Though? Like you as a celebrity lookalike.
Speaker 2: That's great, big screen, that's I'm honored.
Speaker 1: And of course that guy's pointing at the big screen like I'm Chad Daniels. I'm not Chris Hawkey. That's crazy, man.
Speaker 2: That's very sweet. Thank you guys, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: That's really cool.
Speaker 2: That was that's a that's a funny thing.
Speaker 6: And it inspired the team to victory. Yes, that's what that's the key.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Really, the only thing that you and that guy have in common is the shape of the beard. Right, You guys have the same beard shape from in that picture, and then in his right it's a beard.
Speaker 1: It's a beird thing, mirror for sure.
Speaker 6: They Yeah, much different outcome than when the Twins put me on the board at Target Field as a celebrity look alike, and then the team has cut payroll and tanked ever since. Total opposite. See look at you, Chris, inspiring people they're going to.
Speaker 2: Take me to lunch.
Speaker 4: Well, yes, Sean, maybe you inspire them to cut the payroll in half.
Speaker 1: Oh brilliant. I love this idea. Yeah, I make the best started getting cut in half? You really have. Yeah, I'm proud of you and the best attitude ever, what really stunning package? And Matt what really matters is this.
Speaker 2: Gentlemen, It was on the state of what year do you think that Whammo produced the first Frisbee? I love Whammo first Frisbees.
Speaker 1: Frisbees, they invented the frisbee. George Michael invented the friss.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say sixties company rolled out the first batch of their aerodynamic plastic discs now known to millions of fans all over the world. Is Frisbees.
Speaker 1: No, this is this is dumb. But right back to the future is nineteen fifty five.
Speaker 4: I've never seen a movie that is in the fifties that has shown people flinging Frisbees around right, So I think it's after fifties. It's got to be sixties or seventies because they have a strong take. I think low sixties, early sixties.
Speaker 1: Fifty two. What do you think going fifty two? Oh? You pictured it on the beach? Think of the beach boys California Coke Cocmarl. Right, I'll go sixty six, sixty six.
Speaker 4: You said sixty five, Zachary, I'm gonna go sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Checking nice.
Speaker 2: On January twenty third of nineteen fifty seven, Wow Wow Wow, Wammo releases the Frisbees. The story of the Frisbee began in Bridgeport, Connecticut, where William Frisbee friska no way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He opened the weird the Frisbee Pie Company in eighteen seventy one.
Speaker 1: Sounds good.
Speaker 2: I'll have that students from nearby universities would throw the empty pie tens at each other, yelling Frisbee as they let it go.
Speaker 1: Oh isn't that weird? Though?
Speaker 4: Where you hear a word like frisbee your entire life and you just assumed it was some creative meeting going what are we going to call this thing? And then as soon as you hear that, it's named after somebody. You're like, why did I never think of that? I never for one second thought that's got to be somebody's last name, Never until this morning.
Speaker 2: No, that's why I'm here.
Speaker 1: Damn See. We learned something, Yeah, and perfect for something that would fly through the exactly, which is why I never questioned it. Yeah, damn it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Over the weekend, of course, we have the AFC and the NFC Championship games.
Speaker 1: The Patriots are at the Broncos at two o'clock.
Speaker 4: DraftKings has the Patriots has a four and a half point favorite.
Speaker 1: Pretty rare on the road.
Speaker 4: You have to have a big favorite or relatively big favorite be the road team. And then the NFC game is the Rams of the Seahawks at five point thirty. DraftKings has Seattle as a two and a half point favorite.
Speaker 1: Yep, good games.
Speaker 6: Early in the week we were talking off air, I thought, you Denver's telst because his Stidham. But the more you look at it in the stats, he smaller sample size. Of course, statistically he's very close to bow Nick's and actually is better at pushing it down the field.
Speaker 1: A little more.
Speaker 6: Ben likes him, so I don't know, I kind of and especially catching the four and a half at home.
Speaker 1: I kind of like him.
Speaker 6: I don't want him to because butt whole eyes I know, sucks, suck, but you got to take the emotion out. I'm still sort of waiting for Drake May to show his age, and he has it to this point, but this would be the spot that he would.
Speaker 1: Denver is a very good team.
Speaker 2: What really matters, though, is this Whammo the company that sold the Frisbee. Let's see where was it also produced uh, the hula hoop, the super ball, and the water wiggle.
Speaker 1: But the hell's the water wiggle?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is that? I don't know if you should google it? At work? This is the same computer.
Speaker 2: Pace when you've got a pee and you're like one mile from the rest areas.
Speaker 1: Accidentally, just water giggle.
Speaker 2: That's like, how do I expect like a million little arms or whatever?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I I don't know if I've ever seen this thing. It's a thing that it looks like a small water rocket with like a attached to a hose. Don't I don't think I've ever seen a rocket? For you, pal, Yeah, what is it? I've never seen this.
Speaker 2: High school students in Maplewood, New Jersey, invented the ultimate frisbee across between football, soccer, and basketball in nineteen sixty seven. I don't know what the hell that is.
Speaker 4: It's a it's a game where like, oh, it's a game. Yeah, like you played his teams in the If the frisbee hits the ground, it's a turnover.
Speaker 1: I think so. Yeah, it's two teams.
Speaker 5: I don't know how many players, but it's basically played on like a football.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, they played it halftime every once in a while with dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see what you're saying. No, no, yeah, I have seen that. Yeah yeah, yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: When you get the frisbee.
Speaker 5: You can't you can catch it, but you have to stop immediately and then.
Speaker 2: And the losers have to fist each other. Well no, he's right, No, that's what happens.
Speaker 1: The rules.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's ultimately they don't do that at you, but the rules in the actual game is exactly. There's a special room man Tommy constantly just chucks the frisbee in the ground, so his team loses.
Speaker 5: It's fun though, like good ultimate frisbee to watch, like because they're they can just you know, loft it and then float it into the end zone. And these guys will just freaking run and just dive up in the air, sacrifice their body for the point.
Speaker 4: It's but again the fact that frisbee is somebody's last name, Sauce. What if your great grandfather or grandfather had invented the frisbee and it was just called the Lambert. Yeah, a bunch of hippies to be running around playing Ultimate Lambert.
Speaker 1: Yeah, point Lambert Lambert, ask Chris, he knows, Yeah, I would say the Ultimate Lambert.
Speaker 6: The Ultimate Lambert is the name of the maneuver of liking female posts.
Speaker 1: I don't I You are correct. Isn't there people send me this all the time, Sauce, isn't there like a hand? I'm gonna look this up here for a second.
Speaker 4: Wasn't there a guy named like Daniel Lambert who was like a gigantic dude who is world famous for being overweight.
Speaker 1: On I've seen this somewhere. Oh yes, yeah, Google google Daniel Lambert a breeder. Google that I've seen it.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 1: Yep, he's an animal breeder.
Speaker 2: Oh good for him.
Speaker 1: I'm going to read this and then we're going to be adults. Okay.
Speaker 4: Daniel Lambert who lived from March in seventeen seventy through eighteen oh nine.
Speaker 1: Very large man, It's the size of a small bus yep. It's his painting.
Speaker 4: His portrait from eighteen oh six is striking, but his Wikipedia page reads as follows. He was an expert in sporting animals, widely respected for his expertise with dogs, horses, and fighting cocks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, North Dakota.
Speaker 4: In June of eighteen oh nine, he died suddenly. At the time of his death, he weighed fifty two stone eleven pounds, which is the equivalent of seven hundred and thirty nine pounds. You know hard it was to be seven thirty nine He cost eighteen o nine. He caused the family doing do you know how hard that is to get that big seven hundred and what did I say?
Speaker 1: Seven hundred and thirty nine pounds? That's a huge bitch.
Speaker 6: He literally caused a family. Yeah, he ate everything. There were people starving. Well, this dude was just he how does he get around? He loved chow. Now, that guy.
Speaker 1: Was the ultimate Lambert. Yeah, he was. Yeah. I wonder if I'm related to him. Yeah, I mean it looks like it. That's one of my favorite.
Speaker 6: One of my favorite Tim Nelson moments ever, is when we're training up for Iraq and during a training attack, they killed the largest guy in our squad to send a message because it took three of us to drag him to safety. And so at the end when they're huddling and talking about what we need to do better, they were implying that he needs to lose some weight, and Tim just all business.
Speaker 1: Was like, yeah, how he loves his child just.
Speaker 6: Like dead pan, too dead serious and so yeah, but he was one fourth of Daniel Lambert.
Speaker 1: But think about this, so it sounds like P. T.
Speaker 4: Barnum basically had like this wax statue of him made because that was just not a thing back then, Right, you couldn't get that big. Now there's forty reality shows with people that size big balls. Yeah, I can see him twenty four hours a day. Just flip on the old TLC. It was there back in the day. He would have had his own show, absolutely, you know what, it would have called the Ultimate Lambert.
Speaker 1: Yes, but what really matters is this. That mattered a lot. Yeah, that DIDs, especially to my self esteem.
Speaker 2: On January twenty third, of the year fifteen fifty six. On this day in fifteen fifty six, an earthquake in Shanksy, China, killed what they think was eight hundred thirty thousand people.
Speaker 1: It's a lot.
Speaker 2: The deadliest earthquake in recorded history. Eight hundred and thirty thousand people.
Speaker 1: It's when that Daniel Lambert fell out of bed. Yeah, all right, really dumb question.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If a major, major earthquake today struck a major, major metropolitan city, the death toll would be catastrophic, right, because buildings of.
Speaker 1: People are collapsing on each other and this and that.
Speaker 4: Five hundred plus years ago, How does almost a million people die in an earthquake?
Speaker 1: What country was it? China?
Speaker 2: Yeah, densely populated area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what happens? They're dying from? What you see what I'm saying, like, what, Yeah, that's a good question. What are they dying from?
Speaker 4: And I'm not saying the only way you dine in an earthquake is a building collapsing.
Speaker 1: But how do you die five hundred years ago in an earthquake? There's no way that many just fell into the credit. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That's exactly my question is, how does that many people die in one.
Speaker 2: Earthquake the Restless Story episode of the I'm Sorry. At the center of the earthquake was in Way River Valley, near the cities of Waxen, Whining, and Yuan. Every single building and home collapsed in those three cities.
Speaker 4: So even if you're a one story building or harvem and whatever they had back then, the highest they could get him.
Speaker 1: They all shook to the ground.
Speaker 2: In some places sixty feet deep crevices opened in the.
Speaker 6: Earth, but not near the shore, so there wouldn't have been a tsunami.
Speaker 2: There were landslides triggered.
Speaker 1: Okay, makes sense. There we go. That's a fantastic answer. Yeah we yeah, yeah, shut up. Stevie Nicks, Daniel Daniel Lambert rolled down the hill. Yeah, he plugged the tsunami. I love that.
Speaker 6: Googling it, every first sentence includes fifty two stone eleven pounds. Olivia would just say get away from here, get yeah, forget it.
Speaker 1: They just slap them in the faith if they used.
Speaker 2: Pounds as well, what is how much is a stone? And what's the equivalent? Like one hundred pounds?
Speaker 5: O many pounds is a stone? Fourteen pounds?
Speaker 2: That's dumb.
Speaker 1: That's huge, that's unnecessary.
Speaker 5: Diff's if you're two hundred and twenty four pounds, you're sixteen stone.
Speaker 1: We'll play.
Speaker 6: It was three Keith Richards or four Keith Richards. He was alive back then.
Speaker 1: Man, sixteen stone, great album, five stars Baby.
Speaker 6: Yes he's not. Daniel Lambert's not smiling at any picture.
Speaker 1: No, why would you? Thank god he didn't name Louis Daniel. No, we would not do that.
Speaker 2: He's driving tonight on a plane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, keep cry, that's Rockey cried the hardest at.
Speaker 2: The couldn't happen. My brother told me that that reminds him of me. Yeah, so that I think you tried to future alive still, I know, yeah, and I look like Daniel.
Speaker 4: Weink you called him that song that probably did like, don't call me?
Speaker 1: You did, You're left you for sure called him. Now I'm not going to do it, all right, what are you going to do?
Speaker 2: Bang, Daniel Lambert?
Speaker 4: You would, We're very I have a question, yep, danielle Lambert would.
Speaker 2: Hawk Wait a minute, is she related to your.
Speaker 4: Uncle whom your breast?
Speaker 1: Oh MIC's on? Daniel Lambert.
Speaker 4: Daniel Lambert the Ultimate Lambert told the doctors back in the day that he ate normal quantities of ordinary food. He claimed that since about seventeen ninety five he had drunk nothing but water, and that even while young had a regular party goer as a and a regular hard to go or, he did not join his fellow revelers in drinking, so it wasn't a drinker ate normal food.
Speaker 1: According to him.
Speaker 4: Lambert claimed he was able to walk about a quarter mile without difficulty.
Speaker 1: That's for me.
Speaker 4: He slept regularly for no more than eight hours per night, always with his window open, and was never heard to snore. Doesn't have to wear a sleep mask like Kim Jong un and his you know hole and wan on every.
Speaker 2: To be that big, you'd think he'd have to wake up every couple of hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I mean like to eat, keep.
Speaker 2: Going Wow, like tumors or something like that.
Speaker 4: And how about this and waking He was always fully alert within five minutes.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what that means. Who isn't and he? How about this?
Speaker 4: But this is the key, Here's why Daniel Lambert is better than us. Never napped during the day. Oh wow, wasn't a napper? Well, I mean you got to stay up to eat can't. I can't eat while you're napping.
Speaker 6: My god, that's the if you've ever watched my six hundred pou in life, that's the same thing.
Speaker 1: That doctor.
Speaker 6: They'll they'll go back to him after you know, two three weeks, get ready to get on the scale, and they'll say the same thing, like, oh, I've just been exercising drinking water, and they'll gain like three pounds and they'll be.
Speaker 1: Like, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 6: That scale is not is not zeroed in, it's not dialed.
Speaker 2: In in all seriousness, can you imagine how bad he smelled?
Speaker 1: Oh god, oh yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean in a world where everybody smelled bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like.
Speaker 6: A bag of smashed penuses.
Speaker 2: Oh, he could not reach his bh No, no, he could not, and even if he could, they weren't very well taken care of.
Speaker 1: Back then, was he wealthy? Did he have people bathe him?
Speaker 2: Oh? How great would that be? The Royal penises Queen.
Speaker 1: Go to Valentine right.
Speaker 4: A thorough medical examination vond that his bodily functions worked correctly, and then he breathed freely. Lambert was described as active and mentally alert. Oh my god, dude, you buddy, that was check us out.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute, This is even better. That was the first half of the sentence. Let me finish this. Buckle up all right. This guy is the ultimate Lambert.
Speaker 4: Lambert was described as active and mentally alert, well read, with an excellent memory.
Speaker 1: He was like you, but he was.
Speaker 4: Also fond of singing, and he had a speaking voice which showed no signs of pressure on the lungs.
Speaker 5: His his friends kind of roasted him with the gravestone.
Speaker 1: Did you see that part? No, they said.
Speaker 5: His friends paid for a large gravestone inscribed remembrance of that prodigy in nature, Daniel Lambert, who was possessed of, exalted and convivilled by I don't know, vivial mind. He measured three feet one inch round the leg, nine feet four inches round the body, and weighs huge fifty two stone eleven pounds at five eleven my measurement and thirty six pounds.
Speaker 6: He was super healthy besides his weight, and that's why he passed away at thirty.
Speaker 4: He was well read and an extent memory, and he was the voice of a generation.
Speaker 5: He was a song for Yeah, pulmonary embolism is what they're guessing.
Speaker 1: Probably from not moving around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, honestly, name a better Lambert can't.
Speaker 1: Kellen, Wow, that's not nice, Chris, Oh you can't. Okay, yeah, more of what really matters?
Speaker 4: After this, Pablo Lopez in like forty minutes, Martie Gellner, Mark Parrish, they're on their weighing.
Speaker 1: This is the Power Trip morning show on the fan Man.
Speaker 2: Just listen to the new Architects song.
Speaker 1: Solid Yeah, good man.
Speaker 2: They released it yesterday and they're releasing tour dates as well, like that band man tickling the ivories there? Yeah, yeah, sorry about that. I'll wash my hands.
Speaker 1: Is this the Architects?
Speaker 2: So no, I cannot play that. They're playing in Milwaukee on May fourteenth. You'll see him right down and I'll see you what to today? Look at this man? Uh Tomorrow they're in uh Vienna, Austria, in Chechia on the next day, Budapest, Hungary the day after that. Life would be.
Speaker 4: Cool if you were a rock star or just European, right, because then you can just pop from country to country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be cool.
Speaker 4: Everything's one quick flight away or one quick train right away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got those trains were just the best.
Speaker 2: Man, Mine was the average best, but I was fun to fun.
Speaker 1: To do, you know, depends on where you were at Second, let's go more of what really matters, scores and stats around the world of sports. The Ravens.
Speaker 4: I'm a little man. Oh our hiring little man Jesse Mintor. He is the Charges defensive coordinator. He's now going to be the Ravens head coach. It's a five year deal. He was with Harbaugh at Michigan and now he's been the DC the last couple of years in Los Angeles with the Chargers.
Speaker 1: He is forty two years old.
Speaker 4: In the thirty one year history of the Baltimore Ravens, what number coach is?
Speaker 1: Jesse Mintor.
Speaker 2: Said that one more time.
Speaker 4: In the thirty one year history of the Baltimore Ravens, what number coach is?
Speaker 1: Jesse mint Three?
Speaker 4: I saw it is a four, Yes, sir, okay, he is the fourth?
Speaker 1: Was Billick the first? Let me check the order quickly? Here?
Speaker 4: Who are we forgetting? Because it's Billick? Harbaugh Minter, who's the one we're missing?
Speaker 1: Uh Hawk? Who was it?
Speaker 2: Wasn't it Mick Jagger?
Speaker 1: Yes, happy birthday. I don't think. I don't think Jagger did it? So then Billick couldn't have been the first.
Speaker 6: If it's a thirty one year history, then yeah, because Billick obviously was his Vikings, the coach was offensive coordinator.
Speaker 1: It wasn't George Seffert, No is it Kurt Bills didn't.
Speaker 4: Billick basically tell Superstar he just had to show up on game day and Superstar said no.
Speaker 2: Shoot, Billick wasn't first, because I think he got hired from US and after that telling everybody that he was going.
Speaker 4: Ted Marchibroda, oh yeah, old Teddy marcher Broda ninety six through ninety eighth, and Brian Billick ninety nine through two thousand and seven, and then Harbaugh and now Jesse minter.
Speaker 1: Neat Yepeah forty two.
Speaker 4: Somebody posted yesterday the ages of all the NFL head coaches, and I'm forty five. I think, oh, man, no, I forget the number that I counted. I think it's something like fourteen are younger than me.
Speaker 1: Which it is. That's part of getting older.
Speaker 4: It's weird when not only are all of the athletes younger, right, but then you start realizing, oh, even the old man coaches.
Speaker 1: When you're growing up, you're like that guy seems so freaking old.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then you're I'm essentially right in the middle of the pack for NFL head coaches. That's kind of nuts, it is. What's even more nuts is if you look at Sean McVay. He's been a head coach for something like I don't know, eight years, give or take, and he's not forty and he's still like.
Speaker 1: The sixth youngest coach.
Speaker 4: In the NFL. You know what I mean, it's not coach that's the youngest. I don't remember now, maybe.
Speaker 1: Who's the youngest coach in football?
Speaker 2: Pee wee Herman.
Speaker 1: It has changed.
Speaker 4: McVeigh is thirty nine years old, so younger than koc and he has been the coach there since twenty seventeen. Oh, it's it's Kellen Moore is the youngest toll is he thirty seven?
Speaker 1: Who's he coach?
Speaker 4: It was the Saints had They were pretty decent for a team, and everybody thought that wins Zero Gameler quarterback. Yes, no, I think they let Tyler shook.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that took over Ratler, Yeah right crazy. What really matters, though, is this speaking of Mick Jagger, who was the head coach of Baltimore at one point, Mick Jagger had no clue and still doesn't have any clue why the nineteen eighty one Rolling Stones album Tattoo You was named Tattoo You. It was supposed to be called Tattoo and when it came out it was called Tattoo You. And Keith Richards was pissed at him for the longest time and still suspects him of changing the title without telling anybody. But he says, I have no idea who changed it, and nobody can tell him why.
Speaker 6: He's gonna take it to the grave, Yes, yes, right exactly, and then he's gonna maybe at the last moment he'll tell because Keith Richards is going to live at least two thousand, he's gonna say.
Speaker 2: It'd be like this, It'd be like link Closa.
Speaker 1: I did this finger to Keith Richards the Stones. I added the word you. Why I did it? I know that, Why did you do it? I don't know?
Speaker 6: Kiss me mynd That exhibit might have been the best one at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. Check this out.
Speaker 4: Since we almost never get the headlines on Fridays, I think this is kind of funny. The music producer of the Red Hot Chili Peppers third and fourth album says that Anthony Keatis is completely tone deaf.
Speaker 1: Quote, he can't hear pitch beat sauce. Did you say there was?
Speaker 4: This story came out like in the last twenty four hours or so. I don't remember the exact warning, but somebody was like, well duh, and then just had links to Chili Pepper's videos. This isn't breaking news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, incredible though. Man, I mean, I doubt you guys have ever read his book, and I mean it's it's, you know, nothing you pick up as you're going through Barnes and Noble. But he and Flee have known each other since they were babies.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Flee picked up the bass guitar because what was Hellel's I can't remember. Yeah, that's right, Yeah, they's the guitar player who passed away was in a different band. He was like, we need a bass player. Flee play bass. So Flee picked up a bass started playing, and then they needed a singer. Anthony did not to sing, and they're like, okay, you do it, and he's like okay, and they and they said Flee. In Flea's book, he says the first gig they played, they opened up for somebody I can't remember who was, but a well known band, and everybody went crazy for him. He's like from the the first time we walked on stage, there was something crazy going on. And Anthony admits himself not a great singer, gotten better over the years, but just crazy that band. It's like it's like Flea's life was so bad and and Anthony's life was so bad as kids like God looked at us, aid ah right here, Yeah, you know, I.
Speaker 5: Would imagine crazy saw us that he Flee is a big influence on your bass playing.
Speaker 1: Yes, Flea couldn't reach very similar ba your.
Speaker 4: Guy Rick Padle I saw. I saw a clip of his interview with Flee, and I don't know if you've seen it, but I've seen the forty five second clip. I haven't seen the whole interview, and he asks Flee like, is there an album of the Peppers that's essentially perfect? Like what is your most perfect album that you're that where the songwriting and the production both landed together, right, Because there's all of us probably have one of our favorite bands where you're like, man, those are some good songs, but there's just something didn't sound right. Yeah, so maybe the production quality wasn't there, and he's so he basically said that to Flee, and Flee said Californication. He just said they were in stride. That was the tone they wanted. It sounded right.
Speaker 2: But the Rick Rubin album or not.
Speaker 1: Do you know Blood Sugar Sex Magic is a Rick Ruben album about Californication? Let me look so.
Speaker 4: Because then he followed it up album he said, Blood Sugar Sex Magic was close, but there was like a song or two that they were like, why did that make the really just you know one of those like it just didn't work. I knew what we were trying, but it just is just stupid, like you know whatever, which I love that when bands is flat out admit like, yeah, that was thirty years ago. We were young. You're not gonna hit grand slams on even if you're one of the greatest bands of all time. And I'm not saying that the Peppers are, but of course you're going to write a bad song once in a while. There's nothing wrong with that. That's why I love albums is to go twelve to fourteen songs deep and not miss is so rare to not Miss.
Speaker 1: Rights, Abbey Road Dark Sided.
Speaker 6: So did they say that they knew that in the studio when it before they released it, or was it once it was released that they looked back and said, this is.
Speaker 4: Not in the clip that I saw. He he just said, now, looking back, that's what he considers they're there.
Speaker 6: I would imagine that at some point, like you're striving for perfection before you release an album, and it could if you absolutely are hell bent on perfection.
Speaker 1: The album's never going to come out right.
Speaker 6: So at some point you have to say that is as good as we're going to get for this, And then how do you feel after it? Do you always look back on it because that's how you felt at the time, or do you say, no, actually that turned out okay.
Speaker 1: So I always wonder that because that's you can't unrelease it now.
Speaker 4: Californication head Caliphonication, other side Star tissue around the world.
Speaker 1: There's some bangers.
Speaker 4: Oh so good. That whole album is a plus. There were Parallel Universe is a plus so good.
Speaker 2: They're one of our greatest rock bands that has stood the test of time. I mean, how any great rock bands still exist?
Speaker 1: Have you guys seen him? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Have you, car, I don't remember. They're sweet. I don't think that I have. I definitely haven't seen him individually. I'm just trying to remember if I've ever seen him at a festival, but I don't think so.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of energy. Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're great.
Speaker 2: They bring it.
Speaker 1: Oh that really matters. But what really matters is this.
Speaker 2: Do you guys know what tenetus is?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, ringing in the ears exactly. That's the that's the Texas Roadhouse bit. Remember that? Remember that?
Speaker 4: Remember during COVID the guy that founded Texas Roadhouse had like such a terrible ear that he killed himself. True story. So he's like, I can't live like this because his ear was ringing so badly.
Speaker 1: Is yours from the bomb?
Speaker 5: John?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And military? And yeah, how bad is it? I'm used to it.
Speaker 1: Both ears are one ear, it's both both.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it's I mean, you get used to it. It's not like super high. But there's people that have it where it is debilitating or awful, but you.
Speaker 4: Are there long stretches of time where it's just you don't even realize it because you're so used to it.
Speaker 1: You don't even hear it.
Speaker 6: I usually have kfn on in the background or whatever.
Speaker 1: I usually have noise around. Ye, well, I would imagine I'll take any day.
Speaker 5: Imagine it's way worse than between twelve and three.
Speaker 1: To me, that's the best ripping hour because because Tennis on. Hey, who's playing password today? I haven't seen the previews. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe it cancels it out today. Yeah, Password, Uh, it's uh, you're playing No, No, it's going to be common And Chris Shaeffer Blaze Bodine Wow taking grenades today? I bet versus li'll be And Kevin Faulness, Oh boy, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's appointment Radio. Yeah.
Speaker 6: How did they get Chris Shaeffer out of the weather room on this day?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's a great question. Yeah, good question.
Speaker 2: Anyway, you were saying about that tenetus. You know, there is a rare instance of tenetus that if you listen to somebody's head with a stethoscope you can hear their tenetists. Oh it's so loud that you can hear it with a stethoscope.
Speaker 1: That sucks.
Speaker 2: Isn't that terrible?
Speaker 1: Crazy? That that if you can externally hear it, that can't be corrected.
Speaker 6: In some way, shape or form. And they've tried. I mean, if you wear hearing aids, it does make it better. I'm terrible about wearing mind but it does make it a little better. But if you stay distracted and you're doing stuff most of the time.
Speaker 2: Can you describe does it really sound like a ring? Like it's like a whistle of a wind.
Speaker 1: Had after a concert?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Right, it is like that, but at a it's not as loud. For some people, it is, right, But for some people it is a humming. For someone's a buzzing. It's not the same for everybody. Oh interesting, wow, man, Yeah, did you.
Speaker 1: See ac DC that's so loud? Now are you experiencing it right now?
Speaker 6: M yeah, Well and when you talk about it right now, yes, you notice it when you talk about it for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you for your service.
Speaker 6: It took you this long into the show to thank you for my service. It's gone far too long, Tim sent you. Yeah, all right, the news is next.
Speaker 1: Pablo Lopez should be here in the next fifteen to twenty minutes. Twins picture Twins Ace. Pablo Lopez will be here.
Speaker 4: Mark Parrish is on his way in Marty gelling to this Power to Morning show on the Fan